Topic: Reach Out and Call Someone - Your Wait Number is 99999999

Hope Jubal

Date: 2016-04-26 16:14 EST
During some of the rare down time when Hope wasn't burning holes into her computer monitor reviewing all of the evidence she'd been given on the Missing Hands case, she'd toyed with the idea of trying to contact the U.T.R.A. Satellite Office about any further debriefings on the Sanguine Hunt Joint Case she did with Mach. Each time she thought about it, her run in with the Hunter Wren and his cold edge with her sticking her nose where it was obviously not wanted killed her desire to touch her phone. Damn it though, it'd been weeks since she'd heard from Mach and the few friends he had that she'd run into all seemed edgy and unsure about what happened to him either. Damn, over confident, smooth operating . . . . ooooooooo! She wanted to scream a bit in her office, but each time she did such during her usual evidence reviews she had to reassure her staff someone wasn't trying to kill her. That and odd things would happen. Like papers blowing off of her desk or a file drawer slamming shut.

She leaned back into her leather chair trying to get Mach out of her head. She didn't need to think about him not with a mountain of work and even more issues to handle in the 27th, not to mention the quagmire and sludge she'd found herself in. Insomnia and self-doubt dogged her every day and night on her leadership, but a simple name like Mach and she's just smiling now. Testament to how an infectious jerk he was. Yet, now that she had a moment to really think with the cavalier hunter's call sign scratching her brain like poison ivy on a ticklish spot, she had to scratch that itch now and ask where the hell Mach had vanished to' Hope started digging around in the mounds of paper work on her desk, looking under towers of manila folders and even through her groaning Rol-A-Dex of business cards.

Hope finally found the card Mallen had given to her before she met up with Mach officially for the Sanguine Hunt training. The card was bent and a bit beat up having been used with several pamphlets on Zombie-Rights folded to level her desk a bit. She took care to look the card over better. It simply read:

~U.T.R.A.S.O.~ ~F.A.D.~ ~W.O. Hardings~ ~*23-0-12-918-875-3337-5999-2756-9191 XT. 235-56A~

Hope squinted at the card and the exceedingly long number. This brought back memories of trying to call her parents from a phone booth with a calling card back on Earth. One wrong number and it was "Back to Start You Go!". Hope dug out her cell phone and began the long sing-song beep boop of dialing up the number for talking to Hardings at U.T.R.A.S.O.

Hope Jubal

Date: 2016-04-26 16:19 EST
Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. *The party you are trying to reach is currently in a meeting of a Foreign Affairs matter. If you would like to leave a message for: "Warden Officer Clarissa Hardings" : Please speak after the tone then press the pound key to end your message or press one for more options.*

"Hello Warden Officer Clarissa Hardings. This is Captain Hope Jubal, 27th Spec Div of Rhy"Din Watch. I am calling in regards to the Sanguine Hunt and following up about any further debriefings, updates and about any information in regards to Hunter Mach. Please call me back at *23-0-12-155-695-4826. Thank you for the time. . . "

an audible beep of the recording timing out was heard. A boop of the 1 key is heard pressed and not the # key.

*Welcome to the UTRASO Directory. If you know your party's extension please dial their number now. If you would like to speak with a live operator please press 1. If you would like to speak to an undead operator please press 2. If you would like to discuss found technology with a licensed Madsci please press 3. If you are reporting a disturbance of a military nature please press 4. If someone is holding a weapon to your head and told you to call our number, please press 5 and stay on the line, an UTRASO Hunter is on their way. If you want to join UTRA please press 6 and wait for 8 weeks for all proper clearance paperwork, physicals and indoctrination to clear. If you are a mage and are turning yourself in, please press 7 and stay on the line, an UTRASO Hunter is on their way. If you simply like hearing my sexy robotic voice press 8 to up-vote my voice pack for continued use. If you hate hearing my sexy robotic voice press 9 to down-vote my voice pack you heartless living thing.* -pause, starts options again-

the sound of the 1 key being pressed again among a long snort of dry amusement and the drum of fingernails is heard on a hard desk top.

*Beep. Beep.*Beep.* "UTRASO, this is Lieutenant Modeline Butrine. How may I direct your call?"

"Hello there Lieutenant Butrine. I am Captain Hope Jubal. I am with the 27th Special Division the Rhy"Din Watch. I am trying to get in touch with Warden Officer Clarissa Hardings in regards to the Sanguine Hunt and any debriefings that are still needed. I left a message but was wondering if I could the information another way as my time is limited to make these calls."

"You don't say' Time is limited" Really' Let me see what I can do for you Captain Jubal."

sound of a disconnecting click then a reconnect.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. *The party you are trying to reach is currently in a meeting of a Foreign Affairs matter. If you would like to leave a message for: "Warden Officer Clarissa Hardings? : Please speak after the tone then press the pound key to end your message or press one for more options.*

audible snap of a cell phone being closed and slapped onto the hard desktop.

Hope Jubal

Date: 2016-04-26 16:20 EST
Fall Out Boy " Immortals rings out during the middle of the night as Hopes cell phone went off with a call showing a long series of numbers that filled the screen. Hope was out to the world asleep from exhaustion. The phone lapsed into silence and a message was left in her voice mail box.

"So sorry to have missed you, Captain Jubal. Regrettably it is late when I called. I have been in a lot of meetings settling things between UTRA and Rhy"Din locals in regards to the Sanguine Hunt Case. I would request that you give me a call again so we can talk. Just know that UTRA has the best intentions in mind for Rhy"Din in the wake of what has happened and we are sorry for the disasters that have happened. Please call me back as soon as possible."