Topic: Beltane 2010, Festival Highlights in Review!

Darien Fenner

Date: 2010-05-02 17:37 EST
http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx21/dfenner_photo/521311356_3ef416f175-1.jpg Gossip Columnist: Emmet "The It Man" Bane

Beltane 2010, Festival Highlights in Review! May 2, 2010

"King of the day and Queen of the night. I honor you here in your union rite. Accept my gifts on this day of Beltane as you are joined once more!"

Beltane, usually celebrated on May first, is the most joyous and celebratory of the Sabbats. It is supposed to represent the celebration of the God and Goddess - a union that will bring life in the form of flowers and food and all living things.

The reason I use the words 'supposed to' is because I had been beginning to think Beltane was a little bit like Christmas. The reasons behind it are kind of lost, but friends everywhere are thrilled to be able to celebrate if only for the sake of reaping the benefits of the holiday. Thankfully, though, it seems like the original purposes behind the Beltane weren't entirely forgotten, due in no small part to the folks who put the whole thing together! Kudos to them, because the festival portion of Beltane turned out to be pretty exciting and scandalous, which, as you all can imagine, is a verrrrrry good thing!

It begins"!

Can we say oh-my-god" I don't know where these ladies get their fashion sense, but it seems like almost every woman walking into the Glen on the thirtieth came right off the runway. Nothing but long sweeping gowns and real jewelry as far as the eye could see. Really. It's a wonder the place wasn't littered with pickpockets! Then again, maybe the magic of the night kept them away' or at least under the influence until the event concluded.

Naturally, the queen nominees were the best dressed and all accounted for as far as my sources could tell. And naturally, the night didn't really kick off until the May Queen and her court were announced! The positions were presented by none other than the new Governor, Sheridan Driscol, and last year's May Queen, Alystrianna. If it were up to me, I would have burned all the votes and crowned her again, by the way she looked! That woman is a walking goddess, I swear! We weren't the only ones to notice, of course, because her squeeze, Wolvinator, spent the majority of the night gawking and wolf whistling at her. Good! At least there's one man in town that knows how to appreciate his woman!

Nevertheless, a handful of lucky ladies walked away that night with flowers, wreaths, and the knowledge that in a cliquey city like RhyDin, they were the most popular. Congratulations to Countess Ashira, Marchioness Riley, Duchess Niamh, Princess Sivanna, and QUEEN Lilliana McClae! Ladies, you were magnificent!

That's where the party REALLY began!

Queen Lilliana commenced the celebration by blasting off some questionable, likely aphrodisiac fireworks that were soon hitting people left and right. After all, this is a woman who embraces fertility and new life, so I have no doubt every effort was made to fill the Beltane guests" heads with thoughts of scandalous behavior. Her enormous entourage" pardon' caravan were in attendance, whooping and hooting in her direction. The bubbly buxom beauty made the perfect Queen, and practically glowed the entire night. Then again, that might have just been from the googly eyes she was making at her man. Initial impressions aside, if this Zev guy makes her that ecstatic, the bunch of us here at the Post are willing to believe that he's not all bad. And not that I'm very adept at reading draconian facial expressions, but unless I'm mistaken, he seemed utterly smitten! What a precious Beltane couple they make!

Fia was out and about in that top hat she looks so damn good in. Though she doesn't necessarily seem like a party animal as far as we can figure, sources could have sworn she spent her time there smiling! No joke! Our madder hatter Fia seemed to be enjoying herself! Say it ain't so! If all it takes is a little bit of publicity for this woman to make a public appearance, I am so going to pull a Harris and plaster her face all over town!

Eva and Mason were present and accounted for, giggling like teenagers and emptying the bar all by themselves. Oh, tell me that Eva is the kind of woman who just lets loose once she's got a couple of drinks in her! Our spies" uh' that is" our friends weren't able to keep an eye on them for too long, but by the looks of it, things between those two are still going strong. A good thing, too, because Eva has been looking like she needs a guy like Mason in her life. This particular relationship has our Post seal of approval! Keep us in the know, kids!

While it broke our heart to see Misty so disappointed, it looks like Neo was quick to glue those pieces back together. Though he made an appearance at the crowning celebration with what we can only assume is his girlfriend, the younger Eternity brother was quick to pull Misty aside and whisper sweet nothings into her ear that put her into a giddy mood. I SO TOLD YOU! There is something going on between those two - we just know it! Did I not call it' I called it. Misty left in much better sorts, it seems, and Neo wandered back to his girl, who didn't seem to mind at all that he was flirting shamelessly with another woman in her presence. Doesn't surprise me, though. The group of us here at the Post heard his girlfriend is awfully touchy with other people. It's about time he wisened up and followed his nose to greener, fluffier, much cuter pastures.

The painting station went surprisingly unmanned as London and his date people watched and spent the night in their own little bubble. They seemed to be the only ones really appreciating the food, because we're honesty not sure how appreciative one can be horking foodstuffs down nonstop until you can't move, coughRekahandHarriscough. London & Co. were quick to disappear early in the night, but evidence suggests that they were off to continue the party elsewhere. CUTE!

DeeQueue, that is, Dean and Quinn, spent the night talking past each other, it seems, in the company of some nosy detective type who really didn't seem to understand the concept of third-wheeling. Worse than that, it seems Dean spent the majority of the time chatting it up with this fellow, rather than keep an eye on his fabulous-looking date. I don't blame her for wanting to take off early. Really, Dean. Can we say oblivious"

Ohhh, man! Oh man, oh man! I am so right, it hurts sometimes! Not only did Princess Sivanna announce RhyDin's second sexiest man, Salvador Delahada, as her prince, but they were tuh-hotally allllll over each other during the festival! Rumor has it they even shared a kiss onstage! What does Sin have to say about all this, I wonder" After spending the evening dancing and comfortable in each other's company, the two split up to undoubtedly find some other outlet for all that sexual tension they worked up on the dance floor. Salvador reportedly disappeared with some woman, while Sivanna wound up with her squeeze. Only for a little while, though, because soon after their reunion, it seems the guy left her side to go and argue with another woman, and Sivanna looked none too pleased about it! We knew it! There is definitely something off between those two. I am so crossing my fingers for this thing to completely blow up into a scandalous act of infidelity. I think I would get a raise if it did!

Who is this guy that's hanging around Marchioness Riley so much' They seemed friendly, but not too friendly, if you know what I'm saying. In fact, Marchioness Riley seemed much more comfortable bantering with the darling Mindy (who looked like she walked out of some kind of fairy tale! GORGEOUS!) than making kissy faces with who my sources could only assume was her date. Apparently, the three showed up in a pretty rockin" limo. The yoga business must be going pretty well, because between you and me, that guy (whose name is apparently Daniel) looks a little bit like a moocher. An intern tells me that the conversation between the three wound up on knitting. " Really, folks" You're spending an evening looking like Hollywood, in one of the most lusty atmospheres known to man, and all you can talk about is knitting" Ohhh. I get it. Is that what they're calling it these days" Well, rumor has it the folks took off not much later in that same limo, and by the looks of Riley's face, they had much more "knitting" planned.

Apparently, things between Lucien, Fio, Lirissa, and the Maeva pair (that's Mason and Eva to you. Rolls off the tongue smoothly, don't you think") got pretty intense for a little bit near the beginning of the night. No word on what they were talking about, but Lucien and Fio certainly looked upset about something! Here's to hoping everything is going alright for them, because they really are an upstanding group of mischief-makers if ever I saw one. Thankfully, the scary atmosphere degenerated into something a little cheerier as Lirissa took off to take a stab at the Dunk-A-Doc tank. Fio seemed all too willing to let the somber mood go and cheer the precious gumdrop on with Lucien. If I didn't know any better, I would say that Lucien was family to that group. But then again, he just gives off that vibe, doesn't he" He is simply family to everyone. His temperament just predisposes him to popularity!

When Duchess Niamh wasn't bickering with baby-daddy Brishen, she was getting her belly rubbed. The woman was positively aglow with merriment, and seemed very at home in Lilliana's group of pranksters. Word on the street is that she is all hot and bothered about having to take it easy. Are you kidding" Embrace it! Milk it for absolutely everything you've got! Growing a human being is tough work, and she's better off putting that baby-daddy of hers to some manual labor, anyway. Make him fetch your slippers for you, Niamh. After all, she is a woman who undoubtedly deserves to be pampered!

Continued on page two.

Darien Fenner

Date: 2010-05-02 17:42 EST
It continues"!

The next night was no less sinful!

MACKING was tuh-hotally the name of the game on day two of this shindig. Literally! It was absolutely everywhere!

RhyDin's original mef Maranya spent the night training mef-in-the-making Montgomery in the ways of merriment, and explaining how smooches can lighten your terrible load. She's got a point, you know! When EmDoc wasn't manning a kissing booth, she was being dunked in a scandalously almost see-through bathing suit. Really! That's a mef for you, ladies and gents. Zero shame about showcasing a married body! Tisk, tisk!

Word has it Bashara was also volunteering in the kissing booth with Riley! Bashara! Where has this woman been"! Seriously! One look from that babe, and you melt all the way into your shoes. She certainly seemed to be having fun taking advantage of her temporary "occupation," which leads us to believe that she's got a wicked, wicked wild side. Next time I'm at a party, I'm definitely pulling Bashara aside for a heart-to-heart and a little boozification. What I would give to see that classy lady cut loose!

Sources tell us that one or two Ravenlocks were spotted in the crowd as well. A good thing, too, because Beltane certainly wouldn't be Beltane without at least one Ravenlock present. Things looked a little intense with them for a little while, that ultimately ended up in an abrupt departure. Uh-oh. Here is to hoping everything is going alright in Ravenlock town, because if anyone has a right to appreciate this particular event, it's them!

Dun dun dun duuuunnnnnnn!

That's RIGHT, ladies and gents! Undoubtedly, the event of the night was preceded by some metaphorical wedding bells! Colleen MacLeod spent the better part of the evening presiding over a MARRIAGE between Wolvinator and Alystrianna! NO WAY! Is that not the most perfect idea EVER"! After all, rumor has it the two were engaged at Beltane exactly two years prior! It's an endless circle of loooooove! Sources tell us that the ceremony was surprisingly moving for being right smack in the middle of so much undisguised frivolity. Queen Lilliana and some armored fellow we don't know the name of served as witnesses for the union, and boy lordy do I hope someone got some pictures!

Holy-hell Aolani was apparently all over some secretive fellow who sources were hesitant to identify as Jochin due to the persistent face-eating going on between them. Things definitely got very hot and heavy shortly before the two reportedly darted off into the woods.

Followed by another two people.

" Followed by another two people.

....Followed by another two people.

The bunch of us are definitely going to have to take a can or fifty of Lysol to those woods. No one go in or out until it has been effectively decontaminated!

Things reportedly wound down pretty early bonfire night, which is a good thing! Everyone likely left to gather up some strength for an upcoming Masquerade Ball!

Dance the night away, folks. Have some fun, and keep us informed!