Topic: Beltane 2010! Meet your Queenies!

Darien Fenner

Date: 2010-04-29 21:39 EST
http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx21/dfenner_photo/521311356_3ef416f175-1.jpg Gossip Columnist: Emmet "The It Man" Bane

Beltane 2010! Meet your Queenies! April 29, 2010

RhyDin, RhyDin, RhyDin!

Is it just me, or do you happen to agree that the May Queen race is a little bit more intense than, say, the gubernatorial election was" I swear I haven't seen so much backstabbing since I hosted the Miss RhyDin pageant, where the runner-up was a disgruntled knife-thrower. Let's just say the end wasn't pretty!

RhyDin women have been going nuts campaigning to become your May Queen. But the May Queen role is essentially a popularity contest, right' What are they campaigning for" To make themselves more popular" How does one do that exactly"

Apparently everyone's got a different take on it. Some stick to bribery (promises of ham, baked goods, or omelettes), while others tend to take a more in-your-face approach (mauling and/or guilt-tripping, anyone"). But who will win" Who deserves your vote" Who will represent Beltane for 2010"

Without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, we give you an in-depth look at your contestants. Get your votes in by midnight!

Jaycy Ashleana RhyDin, RhyDin. Not that I'm siding with the new Overlord, but Jaycy is one duelist I would certainly like to see abiding by his new rule. Ladies and gents, Jaycy Ashleana is a firecracker! She is the kind of woman who doesn't take any guff from has-beens, and somehow still manages to come off as humble a lot of the time. How this is possible, we honestly have no idea. Jaycy is very affectionate, but not in a skanky way like some other RhyDin women who shall remain nameless (hint: coughsororitycough). People, if you want a woman so dangerous it's ridiculously hot to represent you, then by all means, put your money where your mouth is, and vote Jaycy!

Quinn Benoit and Dean Winchester Yeah, yeah. We know Dean and Quinn are both running. But honestly, we can't see this particular happenstance ending in anything but some kind of an explosion. Come on. Dean isn't exactly well known for his patience and generosity, and Quinn doesn't strike us as a woman who will let herself get walked all over. We have to wonder if a few screaming matches ensued following the May Queen announcements! Don't get us wrong. We have nothing against queening a testis-brother over an ovarian-sister (after all, about 99.999% of the people here voted for Sin last year!). But when it comes down to it, I know the group of us here are totally siding with Quinn. Don't back down, baby! You let him win, and he'll never let you live it down!

Darcy Devin Huntington Zabiru Shimmerscale Is it just us, or does Awesome Darcy's name keep getting longer" What's up with that' Usually you can tell something about a person by their name. Soooo' what does that make Darcy' A pixie" A vampire" A dragon' A spazz" Sooner or later, sweetheart, all those names are going to bite you from behind, and when they do, don't say we didn't warn you! People of RhyDin, if you haven't heard of Awesome Darcy and her Jell-O adventures, then you have clearly been living under a rock most of your life. Darcy is probably one of RhyDin's secret treasures, but don't tell her that, or it'll probably go to her head! From what we've heard, her brother is campaigning for her, which we think is absolutely precious, since we rarely see David out and about anymore. My brother never did anything nice like that for me! Actually, my brother never did anything nice for me. What's the secret with those siblings" How do they keep from ripping each others" heads off" And speaking of ripping heads off! Last we heard Darcy was all atwitter with love for some Dark guy (which we never really bought from the start). But now there's words going around that some poor sod has been crying into his milk moping about her! YOU GO GIRL! There's nothing we love more than traumatizing love triangles and heartbreak! Way to grab life by the cojones and make it your slave! Awesome Darcy Devin Huntington Zabiru Shimmerscale Heartbreaker Generic Name Johnson for May Queen!

Captain Johnathan Helena Tapole You know, RhyDin" speaking of names. There are some guy names you can get away with giving to a woman. But Johnathan' Either this woman is very odd, or very bold. Normally, we'd be inclined to lean towards the latter judging by the company she keeps, but a lot of us here at the Gossip Column actually find her campaign promos charming! An outsider for a queen" Alright, it's pretty farfetched, given how cliquey RhyDin can be. But from an unbiased perspective, Johnathan seems like one of the most lighthearted, starry-eyed hippies RhyDin has. By the way' did we mention she is a complete babe? I mean wow. I, personally, would easily forgo steak and wear hemp for a week just to get to know this one a little better! Johnathan Tapole, foxy flower-child for May Queen!

Fia Calriss I will say this one time, and one time only. Virtually any woman who wears a top hat has stolen my heart. If there was ever a woman I would be willing to forsake my ego for and play into her hard-to-get game, it would be Fia. RhyDin, while Fia may initially come across as somewhat introverted and standoffish, word on the street is that she is incredibly loyal and honest. Did we mention how completely GORGEOUS she is" Still, this babe doesn't seem like the kind of woman to let her looks - or anything else for that matter - get to her. From what we've heard, she is none too shabby with magic. Oh, what we would give to see her throw down with the Archmage! We've also heard certain rumors that connect her to not only Z"ev Zayveon, but Silas Greyshott as well! That's right, RhyDin! Silas Greyshott of G.A.M.E., and one of the former gubernatorial candidates! Is that not the best supercouple you have seen in a decade"! We really hope this turns into something big, because while she won't acknowledge it, Fia certainly seems like the kind of woman who deserves a spotlight. She's a diamond in the rough, RhyDin, and definitely one of the hottest women to keep an eye on! Fia Calriss, the madder hatter, for May Queen!

Ashira For those of you who don't know, we already pegged this one as popular aaaaages ago when we spotlighted her in our Top Ten Hottest New Women to Watch list! And what did we tell you? Keep an eye on her, right' Ashira has just gotten hotter and more mysterious since we saw her last, which begs the question' just who nominated this fabulous femme" And more importantly, would she embrace the title if she won' We're willing to bet that this stunning brunette would be more inclined to appreciate the nature behind the festival, rather than the people. But then again, we could be horribly, horribly wrong! You tell us, RhyDin! What do you think" Make your voices heard with your votes, and vote Ashira!

Lilliana McClae Johnathan Tapole may be a flower-child, but Lilliana McClae is the flower-child of RhyDin. Not only is Lilliana one of the most buoyant, carefree women you'll ever meet, but we hear she also has had a big hand in putting Beltane together! You know you want to get off your lazy butts tonight and go and take some free dance lessons outside the Red Dragon Inn! We have absolutely no doubt Lilliana will liven up the events of the festival. She just has a magical way about her. The friends she keeps always leave her company a little happier, and the couples she meets always seem a little more in love in her presence. What's up with that' Does she just give off some beautiful zealous vibe that makes everyone suddenly appreciate life again? We think so! After all, we hear that after Lilliana was nominated, a whoooole gypsy caravan came rolling into RhyDin, as though she had some kind of psychic connection with them! We honestly can't blame them, though. Lilliana is like a magnet. Everyone wants to be around her. And why shouldn't they' She's gorgeous, she's hilarious, she's charming, and she's fun. Apparently, she knows how to move her hips, too! She's a quintuple threat! Lilliana McClae for May Queen, feeling the jingle all the way to the soul!

Luna Eva Our beautiful, refined Eva! We meet again! Oh how we adore writing about you! Ladies and gentlemen, if you never saw our Top 25 Sexiest Women in RhyDin list, then you wouldn't know that our favorite Eva made it to number three. Looking back now, though, we can't really put a number or a rank on this woman. She is in a league all of her own. From what we've heard, Eva has been a little reserved lately. While we aren't exactly sure if that's a bad thing, we do hope that everything is going well for her! Our refined Eva has earned a special place in our hearts from the very beginning for her poise, compassion, and grace. By the way, did we mention she has the most hilariously dark sense of humor" If you get too close, she will certainly bite" although between you and the rest of us, I know I wouldn't mind baring that mark for all the world to see. If you want a woman with class and elegance, RhyDin, then look no further, and vote Our Eva for May Queen!

Katarina Smith Last we heard, tippy-toe Katarina Smith was engaged to Highlife Haberdashery's designer Locke D"Vestavio. Not only is she engaged, but it turns out that she was the one who popped the question! Say what! Well that blows our demure and meek image of Katarina right out of the water! Apparently this girl's got some guts! We suppose you would need some, anyway, having to perform in front of thousands of people on an almost daily basis! RhyDin, Katarina Smith makes a living off her gracefulness. The fact that she's channeled that particular attribute into something she can showcase without looking conceited really should speak for itself, shouldn't it' Question, though. If she makes her blue Locke her Green Man' does that make him the Teal Man' Just some food for thought! Tippy-toes Katarina for May Queen!

Duci Eszti Lovasz It's true, RhyDin. Blondes really do have more fun. Or at least that seems the case with the always bubbly Duci! When this bombshell walks into the Red Dragon, she undoubtedly lights the place up like Christmas. That dazzling smile and contagiously perky personality are honestly too sweet for words. So sweet I am going to have to get my teeth cleaned after this gets published. Duci Lovasz sure isn't afraid to have a good time, RhyDin, and she seems like the kind of gal who won't be happy until everyone around her is having fun. If you want to make the Beltane one heck of a bash, chances are Duci will add to cheerfulness! Darling, dulcet Duci for May Queen!

Shylah "Shy" Vulpecula So we know we said that Jaycy wasn't exactly a gal to take any guff from anyone, but when was the last time you tried to put something past a Viking and they let it slide" From what we've heard, Shylah has been bribing people into voting for her with promises from her kitchen. Although, according to some, the vote is so worth it to be able to taste her cooking. What's she put in that stuff" Really! To be brutally honest, though, Shylah isn't bad to look at by any means. In fact, she has got to be one of the hottest Vikings" uh' ever! And despite that she comes across a little standoffish at first, friends of Shylah tell us that she is really a teddy bear at heart. Who'd have thought' Shylah "Shy' Vulpecula, Viking teddy bear, for May Queen!

Sivanna Cyredghymn Thank GOD this woman is so good-looking, or else I and a lot of people here would lose some lunch if we saw her face again. Question, though. She's an Archmage, right' Why didn't she just use magic or something to make her face glow in the sky' Why stick to mortal means" Apparently Sivanna has got a bunch of dueling names behind her, which begs the question' are they just promoting her out of fear" Still, from what we've heard, Sivanna is pretty humble about her position, which is about as attractive as she is. And while she tends to stick around the dueling venues mostly, we hear that Sivanna has been spending an aaaawful lot of time with Salvador Delahada. If this turns into some kind of gloriously scandalous adulterous affair, I will personally find Salvador and Sivanna and kiss them both for making my life so exciting and happy. Seriously. As it is, though, the Archmage comes across as a generally compassionate and entertaining person, so at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I must simply add: Archmage McPretty for May Queen!

Kismet Pyx RhyDin, RhyDin, RhyDin! How can you honestly expect to win May Queen if you're a ghost' From what we've heard (which we're sorry to say, isn't much), Kismet is a rockin" human look-alike who spends her time in a confectionary shop somewhere near the Marketplace. Cuuuute! How appropriate is it that her hair is a bubble gum pink, and she works with sweets" We're willing to bet that this badass, confident exterior undoubtedly gives way to some kind of mushy goodness deep inside. But before we fall into candy metaphors, we'll just leave you with this: Kismet Pyx, the pixie stick, for May Queen!

Delphi Alethelia Thais RhyDin! Someone give us the 411 on this bundle of smexiness! What is Delphi's deal" We can't decide if she likes playing the damsel in distress card or the evisceration card more. From what we've heard, Delphi isn't half bad with a blade, which makes us peg her as the silent killer type. This pointy-eared knockout, we've heard, has been romancing (or romanced by) Corlanthis, a local restaurant owner and former gubernatorial candidate. But wait! Isn't Corlanthis busy promoting Sivanna to be May Queen"! Uh oh! All must not be right in whoville! Be that as it may, we would love to see Little Miss Delphi all decked out in something springy and celebrating life at the Beltane, so if you feel the same, throw your lot in with her! Captivating damsel Delphi for May Queen!

Riley O'Rourke Rawr! Roaring Riley O"Rourke sure knows how to throw a shindig! Apparently this long-legged feline spends her days as an instructor at the Black Cat and Yoga Dance Studios over in the Zen Gardens (which happens to be one of RhyDin's premier hot spots right now!). Can we say fleeeeeexible" We hear that our Riley has been having a teensy bit of a tough time lately (something to do with an encyclopedia-long sob story), but the fact that she's out there pushing to represent RhyDin's lively side certainly seems like good news, doesn't it' Whoever nominated her had the right idea, anyway. Riley is literally one of the wildest cats you will ever meet' and not in a bad way! If given the title, she'll undoubtedly inject some energy and livelihood into that monster of a festival that you people call Beltane, so make sure to bring some adrenaline or Red Bull to be able to keep up with her! Roaring Riley O"Rourke for May Queen!

Misty Ohhhh man! Oh man, oh man, oh man! Now don't completely scoff at us when we suggest this, RhyDin, but' Misty' and" Neo. Before you completely blow us off, think about it! Why else would Neo Eternity be totally campaigning like a madman for Misty' You heard it! He called her cute! No' he called her adorable! We knew there was always a vibe going on between them! And we have to admit, the Keeper of Air and the Keeper of Water would make an precious couple! Just you wait! It'll happen! All that being said, Misty is probably one of the sweetest duelers you'll meet in a ring, and has an indubitable zest for life that is overwhelmingly contagious. You put her in the role, and we're willing to bet we'll see great things from her! Mistycan'tpronounceherfullname for May Queen!

Niamh O"Donovan Buuuuump waaaaatch! It seems that our darling Niamh is becoming a mommy right before our very eyes! We have never been so proud! In fact, we might just shed a few tears here in a second! Truth be told, RhyDin, if Niamh ever made May Queen, we would half-expect that Brishen guy to laugh his face off at her" just because he seems like that kind of person. We really hope that our Niamh will shape him into a good pop with her fists if she has to! From what we've heard, though, Niamh has been touting her gypsy sister Lilliana as May Queen! Whaaaat' Well if that ain't the sweetest, most selfless thing ever! Can't we have them both"! Gypsy mommy Niamh for May Queen, folks! By the way! When's the baby shower, sweetness" Throw us an invite!

Maranya Ergin-Falconne You know it ain't a woman's contest until you see a MEF in the running. Actually, we're going to copyright that term. From now on, a mef refers to the kind of woman Maranya is? which really can mean anything, can't it' Despite her two husbands, Maranya is an independent person all on her own. And from what we've heard, she's running a kissing and a dunking booth at the Beltane this year! There you go, RhyDin! There's a woman who knows how to throw a party. Give us wet women and rampant kissing any day, and we'll be a happy group of so-called newspaper writers. Oops. Did we say that' Whatever the case, Maranya Ergin-Falconne, who also suffers from too-many-names-itis, is undoubtedly fierce competition in this particular race, since she is infamously a fierce competitor! Watch out other queenies! This mef will getcha! Maranya Ergin-Falconne, triple-threat, for May Queen!