Topic: Midsummer 2010, Festival Highlights in Review!

Darien Fenner

Date: 2010-07-02 20:18 EST
http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx21/dfenner_photo/521311356_3ef416f175-1.jpg Gossip Columnist: Emmet "The It Man" Bane

Midsummer 2010, Festival Highlights in Review! July 1, 2010

What is a celebration these days without the Garridan clan' These fun-loving gypsies seriously need to start some kind of party planning service, because every single bash they have backed has wound up being a total hit! While I do feel bad for whoever footed the bill at this year's Midsummer, I can't feel too sorry, because anything less than extravagant would have been completely abnormal for these folks. And let's face it, RhyDin. No one in RhyDin likes parties half-aaaa" that is, done sloppily or shoddily.

June twenty-sixth was truly a night of magic for all those mingling around the Glen! Dancing, music, storytelling, magic displays, and tents set up for a little post-party snuggling (or more!) were just some of the entertainments made available by our gypsy friends. No small amount of excitement was to be had, too, especially with the sound of wedding bells (Er" drums") in the air!

That's right, ladies and gents! New mommy Niamh and Brishen set the festive mood in the Glen by kicking off the night with a handfasting ceremony! To all you people out there scratching your head, handfasting is just another kind of marriage ceremony - a special spiritual commitment of betrothal to people deeply in love. Niamh was dressed to the nines in (not so surprisingly) a gorgeous red number that hid her baby bump. Meanwhile, daddy Brishen behaved like the charming bastard he is; when he wasn't good-naturedly arguing with his pop over just about everything, he was all eyes on his lovely wife. Melina, Brishen's and May Queen Lilliana's mother, presided at the handfasting ceremony with her husband close by, and once things were all wrapped up in a nice little bow (that is, a loud, explosive, magical bow) she kept to her husband's side for the remainder of the night. If genetics or families are any factor, then Niamh and Brishen have a long, beautiful life together ahead of them. Congratulations to the happy couple!

But just because the marriage ceremony ended, that doesn't mean the romance ended with it! Not far from the wedding procession, my interns got a good look at a new and enchanting couple that looked like they just waltzed out of some kind of New Haven ball. Sources tell me the gentleman's name was Lite, who has been spotted more than once hanging around the Red Dragon Inn. And while we didn't quite catch the young lady's name, we certainly got pictures. Lite's armcandy looked absolutely stunning and more like a goddess or angel (it's the wings, really) in a white gown with a shimmery, fitted bodice and classy train. Just one thing, though. Isn't there something about wearing white at someone else's wedding" Then again, this is RhyDin, so maybe that rule doesn't apply here. These two lovebirds were completely captivated by each other, it seems, and couldn't scoot more than two inches apart the whole night. Sure, it was cute, but just watching them brought my poor intern to tears and drove her to go out and buy six romance novels. So now who's going to do my research for me, huh"! HUH"! I demand compensation!

Neo and Riley arrived together, with Neo looking like an embarrassed tomato the better half of the night. An awful shame for the Madam Minister, as I wanted to see whom of her current romantic escapades she was going to show up with! You see, folks, our good "ol Lady Justice has been seen out and about getting aaaawfully friendly with her constable David. No word yet on whether she and Daniel have broken up, though! Is our Riley playing the field" Actually, if she's got both of them eating out of her hand, it seems like she's dominating the field, doesn't it' For now, her situation seems a little ambiguous, though! Do we have another mef in the making" God, I hope not. Late in the night, Riley was heard asking Neo to give her away if she ever got married. CUTE! Or it would have been if Neo didn't go all blockheaded and just shrug and nod. DUDE. This is a BIG honor! It isn't something you just kind of nod about! No doubt Riley was feeling a tad sentimental and thinking about marriage with all the love in the air, but don't rush it, woman! You are a strong, empowered woman, and you don't need to settle, so take your time!

Now, the vibe between Neo and Riley was cute for a while" that is, until some sweet little thing named Teynela made googly eyes at Neo all night while he stood there like a bump on a log. Uh, hello' If a gorgeous woman is waving shyly at you and trying to get your attention, you don't leave her high and dry! Doesn't this guy know anything about wooing women" Sheesh! Thankfully Teynela wisened up later and convinced him to leave with her, but in all honesty, a classy lady like that shouldn't have to be the one to make the first move. Be a man, Neo! Seriously!

Oh. Em. Gee!!! Scotty and Harold were finally spotted! That's right, RhyDin! They didn't drop off the face of the planet - thank GOD! I think my life would be significantly emptier if they had. The two were reportedly throwing innuendos back and forth while spending most of the night window - er" caravan shopping, which makes me feel infinitely mischievous and nostalgic. Apparently, they were doting on each other and being their typical, fun-loving selves. Later on in the night, sources tell me Scotty was babysitting for a friend while Harold looked on and did his charming quiet thing. No word on the friend's or her adorable daughter's name, but wouldn't Scotty and Harold just make excellent parents" No pressure, of course. I'll just tell the ladies at the Gossip Column to freeze the expensive and expansive Lee/Scott baby registry they started until those two decide to ever take that next step.

Evidently Vorn was spotted looking like a heap of self-pity and having a brief scuffle with some humanoid broad. Dude, you don't go to a party to sulk! It's just not cool! If you're going to be upset, the drink table is plenty open for moments like those. Thankfully Lilliana stepped in and tried to mediate, but for the most part, Vorn wasn't having any of her cheer. And here I thought there were only such things as drama queens! What. Ever!

Midsummer was certainly the night for exciting comebacks! It turns out Diana and Stephen effing Kidd hauled their half-intoxicated selves into the Glen for some late night partying! What, what"! Where the heck have these two been"! Diana was looking just as sexy as ever and giving her date a scandalous amount of attention while they nursed a few bottles of fae wine. My sources couldn't get close enough to hear exactly what conversation they were having, but by the number of winks and eyebrow-waggles between them, I can wager a guess as to their general topic of conversation. Those two never change!

Bashir showed up much later hand-in-hand with the hotheaded-yet-hilarious Kendall. He's the more carefree of the Ergins, no doubt, and while he isn't bad to look at, probably not the most ruggedly good-looking of the family. As for Kendall, no word on where she's been all this time, but by the way she was flip-flopping between squabbling with Bashir and being glued to his side the whole night, I have to say, my Scandal Sense was certainly tingling at first! And then Bashir went ahead and ruined the mystery by introducing Kendall as his WIFE to Antonio Falconne! What"! When did this happen" How long have these two even been dating" What, did they just look at each other one day after biting some proverbial heads off and scratching each others" eyes out and say, "Hey, want to get hitched?" RhyDin, you CONFUSE ME!

Go figure, Jolyon showed up with his own bottle of wine to the party! How is he doing in business these days" Anybody know" Rumor has it he hung back for the most part, but finally broke out of his shell later in the evening and ended up having a nice conversation with Kendall and Maranya" when Maranya wasn't stuffing her gorgeous face with pre-baby snacking, that is. Keep us in the know about that, by the way!

Jake and Mira also made an appearance looking positively precious. No word on whether they've tied the knot yet, but already they are behaving like a happy married couple. Word has it Mira steered her nervous guy around the grounds while he kept protective watch over her. Something just sits right with these two! Wouldn't you know it' Against all odds, relationships in RhyDin are starting to look up. I don't know if I should be thrilled or disappointed just yet, but I'll be sure to keep you readers updated!

Until next time, you stay sassy, RhyDin!