Topic: A Single Dagger In The Dark Is Worth 1000 Swords At Dawn

Ashkar Finn Valari

Date: 2007-12-02 11:00 EST
((OOC: This topic is dedicated to providing a little hint at what is going on with Clan Assamite with a view to eventually getting a story folder for the Clan. Some background information on Clan Assamite has been posted at http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php"t=8129&highlight=assamite if you are interested in creating/playing a Clan Assamite character then give me a PM and we will work something out.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Clan Assamite is a clan of vampire assassins, and will therefore at some point engage in a deliberate attempt to permanently slay another character. Please know that if your character is a target of an assassination then that character has done something In-Character to really annoy someone with the means to hire the Clan.

THE CLAN DOES NOT CARRY OUT ASSASSINATIONS OVER PETTY MATTERS but WILL act as method of revenge if your character has slain or grievously wounded another, so watch who you attack!

Also, if your character is the target of an assassination attempt, know that your character has been the subject of In-Character observation for WEEKS if not MONTHS! Clan Assamite does not act in haste, to act without carefully scouting the defences and allies of a target would be foolish, and Clan Assamite is seldom foolish.

Also, if an assassination attempt is made against your character, know that it is NOT PERSONAL and is in no way an indication of a grudge with you Out-Of-Character. I apologise in advance for anyone who feels hard done by if they are targeted for assassination and hope that your anger is mollified somewhat by the fact that everything was done properly and In-Character, no Out-Of-Character gained information will have been used at any time during the planning, coordination and conduct of a strike.

It is my hope that the role-playing of Clan Assamite will add to the experience of Rhy"Din, not detract from it. It has come to my attention that the forces of law and order in Rhy?Din are practically non-existent and it is my hope that Clan Assamite will be somewhat of a check on characters who enjoy to throw their weight around.

If you have any suggestions or complaints about the actions of Clan Assamite, PM the details to me and I will look into it.

Thank you for reading this. ))

Kalen Finn Valari

Date: 2007-12-02 11:18 EST
~ Inside a deep cavern, far from Rhy"Din Town, Kalen sits cross legged on a black silk cushion, meditating, and his consecrated weapons of assassination are laid out on the stone on either side. He projects his spirit out from his body, spying here and there in astral form. His spirit is drawn back to his body by ritual wards as another enters the cavern.

His eyes flare open and he looks towards the cavern entrance, part of the series of tunnels and caves in the mountains that Clan Assamite has secretly claimed and fortified. ~

Speak"~He whispers as the other enters~

Ashkar Finn Valari

Date: 2007-12-02 11:23 EST
~ A flickering dark smile plays over Ashkar's black painted lips as he slips silently into the cavern where his brother meditates, acknowledging the presence of the blood-bound guards with only the faintest of nods. His approach slows as he waits for his brother's spirit to return to his body. He steps curtly forwards when Kalen's eyes flare open and his whispered instruction drifts out of the darkness. ~

My brother, we now have two eyes and ears that may act in the daylight ~He replies in a pleased whisper~ the assassin, Lina has at last accepted our offer and entered our service"and I encountered another who was extremely suitable"a Hashshashin?a true brother of the desert. He too has agreed to act as our eyes and ears.

~His dark smile becomes electric as he delivers the pleasing news~

Kalen Finn Valari

Date: 2007-12-02 11:37 EST
~ An answering electric dark smile ghosts over Kalen's lips as Ashkar delivers the pleasing news and he nods slightly in confirmation that he has heard Ashkar's words ~

That is good news indeed brother, Clan Assamite's reach continues to grow....you have done well. What of the one who is newly returned to our Clan ....Sonya" Has she made a report yet"

~He unfolds his legs, rising from his meditational position and begins the slow, ritual process of buckling on his weapons and slipping others into their hidden sheaths. The wounds that Khaine had dealt him but a few nights past are now non-existant, healed by blood so that it is as if they were never there ~

What of our sister" Do you bring me word of her"

Ashkar Finn Valari

Date: 2007-12-06 02:45 EST
~ He folds his arms across his chest and his dark smile fades as he continues his report~

I have not made re-established contact with Sonya yet....I assume she is healing from the wounds that Khaine dealt you both....I believe she has a house in the town, and a blood slave to feed from...

~He shrugs slightly~

I shall seek her out and learn more.....

~He pauses and tilts his head to the side, listening intently and testing the scents in the air. After a moment his dark smile returns and he looks back over his shoulder towards the darkness from which he had entered~

As to news of our sister......

Requiem Fionna Valari

Date: 2007-12-06 03:08 EST
"Heh" ~Was simply stated from her lips as she slipped from the shadows, apparently caught peeking in when she shouldn't. Emerald gaze settles upon Ashkar as she approaches him, her high-heeled shoes sounding against the floor. A hand settles on her brother's shoulder, sliding away as she passed him by and made her way towards Kalen. With a sly look she takes the dagger from his hand and as she leans to him she playfully slides it into it hidden sheath somewhere on his body.~

"I am here now brother." ~Was purred sweetly up to Kalen. A delivish one she was and she knew very well of her prowlness. Her attention spans back to Ashkar.~ "You've been a bad boy letting big brother get hurt. I will have to punish you later." ~A grin worked across her crimson tiers, a flash of hint of those canines. A promise? Or a threat' In her case it surely was hard to tell.~

Ashkar Finn Valari

Date: 2007-12-06 03:50 EST
~ He steps forwards with vampiric speed and snatches Requiem from the slightly raised plyth, twisting her in the air to face him. He steals a kiss from her full lips and then releases her, all done in a heartbeat, the brush of his lips barely registering as anything more that the kiss of the wind it happens so quickly. As his image stops blurring with speed, an electric smile of dark desire forms on his black-painted lips and he takes a cautious step back away from any immediate retribution from her ~

Dear sister...a thousand times you have punished me...and a thousand times I have sinned again...~He purrs back to her in a soft growl~ ...I wonder why that should be?...

~His electric smile widens to show the tips of his fangs~

Requiem Fionna Valari

Date: 2007-12-06 03:59 EST
~Ah but before he could move too far she snaps a hand up and grasps his chin strongly with her fingers. Someone had been training well during her away time. A sinful smirk was given as she reached her free hand forward to give her brother a tweak but he was soon released as she leaned back into Kalen.~ "Hm. It's because you like the punishments, I would have to say. Maybe I should think of something new.."

~She smiled darkly up to Kalen~ "What do you think of that big brother" Should I make his life hellish for a few days?"

Kalen Finn Valari

Date: 2007-12-06 04:14 EST
~ His eyes narrow faintly in amusement as he looks down at her and claws slide noiselessly from his fingerips. he places the sharp points at the nape of Requiem's neck and curls his fingers a fraction, drawing four tiny beads of blood ~

And what makes you so sure I will not place you in chains"...

~He asks, almost straight faced, only the hint of smile playing at the edges of his lips~

I have, after all, not heard any word of you for nigh on a year...Do you have a reason for delaying my summons to you? If you do not...

~ He just leaves the half sincere threat hanging ~

Requiem Fionna Valari

Date: 2007-12-06 04:32 EST
~She gave a gasp, though it sounded more of a delight then fear. Supple hips swirved but she dared not attempt to draw from the grasp of his fingers.~ "Oh do not tease brother. I've been cut off from such fun for a long time."

~She pouted up at him as she sees that mostly stern look. Well that was no fun. Her head tilted slighlty to the side, allowing him a better view of the crimson droplets he caused from her pale flesh.~ "Mmm. You know very well where I have been. Up north and all alone with not a single bite in days." ~She sulked like a child being picked on by a older sibling, bottom lip protruding forward in heavy pout.~

"I've been studying my Thaumaturgy of course. I thought I left a letter to be delivered to you on my absences? It was not like we haven't talked about me leaving to go further my studies where I could find peace. And I must thank you for the summons. The little messanger boy last time ..Yum.." ~The pout quickly shifted to a grin so sly and dark that it looked almost unnatural on her features.~

Kalen Finn Valari

Date: 2007-12-06 06:56 EST
~ He smiles slowly as he draws his claws equally slowly down Requiem's back ~

I had better find that you left the messenger alive Requiem, we are not here to rouse a vengeful populace against us....~he hisses softly in her ear~ We are to leave as few ripples as possible with our presence here

~He lifts the claws away and they slide back into his fingertips, he drifts a lazy finger through the thin trails of blood that his claws have left and anoints her shoulder blade with the symbol of Clan Assamite, tracing it out slowly in sanguine vitae~

But........My anger is mollified somewhat by your explanation....~he tells her, the hiss fading to a soft whisper. It is that moment that a crystal chime sounds through the cavern, and a crystal sphere begins to glow on a shelf off to one side carved into the stone of the cavern wall. Kalen growls softly in annoyance at the ill-timed interruption~

One of the Rafiq is in danger of Final Death.....she is one of those who were set to watching our current target...I must investigate this...it is duty?~Kalen states as he glances at the glowing sphere. He steps away from Requiem and heads towards the chamber exit~ I will send word if need be....~He calls back over his shoulder, just in case the target knew they were under scrutiny and had launched a pre-emptive strike against the watchers~

Requiem Fionna Valari

Date: 2007-12-06 17:58 EST
~Her plush lips gave a 'o' shape as she eyed Kalen, playing off her innocents so well.~ "Oh as if I was foolish enough. Oh trust me the messenger went home quite well and probably whistling a happy tune."

~Her nose wrinkles as she snickers out at the thought of that poor messenger, who surely went home with a whirling mind. Her head rolls a bit as a sigh escapes her lips which was soon followed by a startled cry. How dare he leave! She gave a gruff sound from the back of her throat as she watched her brother take his leave to assist another of the clan.~

"Figures it would be a female to get him to scurry off so quickly. I am wounded.." ~Her hand rose over her heart as she pouted childishly towards Ashkar.~ "Such a short reunion..I feel so unloved!"

Ashkar Finn Valari

Date: 2007-12-07 04:30 EST
~ He raises a single brow at Require's reaction to Kalen leaving, a faint flicker of jealousy lurking in the depths of his gaze. There were, after all, some things he didn't altogether like to share with his brother. The jealousy fades and vanishes as he considers his sister's words, a dark smile forming on his lips again as his eyes roam over Requiem ~

Do you question Kalen's judgement in this matter?....It is his year to rule...and the decision is his to make....~His hand drifts between the folds of his long coat, grasping the handle of the whip that coils around his waist in black loops~

Perhaps you should be punished after all...it may teach you to feel more loved...~His expression reveals that the threat of punishment has little to do with the verbal transgression of questioning Kalen's jusgement and a lot to do with Ashkar wishing to hear his sister's gasps of pleasure as the whip strikes her bare skin~

Requiem Fionna Valari

Date: 2007-12-07 04:44 EST
~She smirked at Ashkar, knowing fully well his intentions. A hand raises and she makes a small flickering motion with her hand, dismissing his questioning as if worried her not.~ "I would never stoop so low but still, to run off so quickly. He had barely even welcomed me home. Instead gave that front that he normally gives everyone else."

~Steps taken, she made her way over to Ashkar and a hand slips into his long coat to follow the length of his arm. Pressing herself to him as her fingers find his hand wrapped about the handle of his whip. A slender white brow raises as a sultry smile pulls at her tiers.~ "Would you like to show me to my room' It's been a long time and I fear I've forgotten my way.."

Ashkar Finn Valari

Date: 2007-12-07 05:39 EST
~His fangs show as his dark smile deepens, the white of his teeth a stark contrast against the black of his painted lips. His hand pulls hard on the handle of the whip and it uncoils from around his waist and gathers around his feet in sinuous loops. His free hand slips around Requiem's waist and draws her lithe body more fully against his, tracing slow fingernails up the bared areas of skin on her back that her clothing so teasingly fails to cover~

I am sure I could show you to your room and grant you time for a proper...reunion...~He hisses softly in her ear before leaning down and kissing her angelic neck, his fangs grazing the ivory skin as if hungry to taste her vitae. The hand holding the whip handle snaps out, bringing the plaited leather to full extension. Ashkar then steps back quickly as he twists his hand and flicks the whip back, coils wrapping around Requiem's throat like a leash~

Come with me little sister....~He requests in a soft, predatory growl as he steps further away from her, towards the tunnel leading to the rest of the mountain fortress. He tugs teasingly on the whip, his dark smile electric as he looks back at her over one shoulder~