Topic: ((Beltane 2015 OOC Thread))

JewellRavenlock

Date: 2015-04-03 15:25 EST
There are two events in the works for Beltane this year that require some previous player participation to make them work. One of them, I would like to work on beforehand so all the information can go up at once in the event thread.

Spring Arts & Crafts Fair This is going to be a vapored/board event on Wednesday. I've included the rough draft of the setting. The streets of Dragon's Gate have been taken over by booths run by local shopkeepers and various organizations (both charitable and not) throughout the city. Each booth is dedicated to teaching, through a hands-on experience, a different art form or craft. Young and old alike will be able to take mini lessons on a variety of subjects.

This is an example of what a booth could look like: The House of Summer's Paper Flowers Operated By: Citizens of Little Elfhame Activity: People at this booth will be taught how to make a variety of paper flowers. There are materials on hand for making flowers of many different colors and out of different types of paper. Each person who visits the booth is asked to make a least one flower to be used to help decorate Friday's Street Festival. http://liagriffith.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/DIYPaperDahlia.jpghttp://www.itsalwaysautumn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/DIY-paper-flowers-tutorial-13.jpghttp://www.itsalwaysautumn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/DIY-paper-flowers-tutorial-1.jpg

What I need: If anyone would like to run a booth teaching a different craft/skill/whatever (either a shopkeeper or an organization) please send me the information! I would love to have all this put together BEFORE the event thread is posted. This is not for people to sell their products, but it's supposed to be like a big DIY event.

PLEASE PM ME THE INFORMATION!

JewellRavenlock

Date: 2015-04-10 17:42 EST
Please continue to contribute to this event! So far, I have a few really exciting booths: *Paper Flower Making *Quilt Making *Masquerade Mask Making *Metal Art

We have room for A LOT more :)

JewellRavenlock

Date: 2015-04-19 11:40 EST
Please send me your Arts & Craft Fair booths by Friday, April 24th.

See the sample above for how I need people to submit the booths :) Please and thank you!

JewellRavenlock

Date: 2015-04-21 17:55 EST
In addition to sending me your Craft Fair booths, feel free to post festival booths to the Beltane Street Festival thread. It's open to everyone!

Lirssa Sarengrave

Date: 2015-04-21 19:26 EST
Can we post a "performance" even if the character isn't having a booth' I was going to post references to Lirssa doing some of her acrobatics and contortion routines.

JewellRavenlock

Date: 2015-04-21 19:26 EST
Can we post a "performance" even if the character isn't having a booth' I was going to post references to Lirssa doing some of her acrobatics and contortion routines.

That would be fantastic <3

JewellRavenlock

Date: 2015-05-03 12:20 EST
How do I get a cool inventory icon for Beltane"

It's easy! If you attend any of the Beltane events (check the schedule here!) you should get an icon in your profile inventory.

But what if I can't attend any of the events"

That's okay! Not all of the events are live-play events this year. If you post to one of the vapored/board events, you will get an icon for "attending" the event (like if you have your character Go A-Maying or attend the Mother/Daughter Picnic. You will also get an icon if you created a booth for the Spring Arts & Crafts Fair or post a vendor booth for the Street Festival which is a live event on Friday.

What if I attend one of the dueling events throughout the week"

There will be special inventory icons for attending those events!

JewellRavenlock

Date: 2015-05-04 22:59 EST
Don't forget that you can participate in Beltane by creating a vendor booth for the Street Festival on Friday night!

JewellRavenlock

Date: 2015-05-06 18:22 EST
The Great Stag Tournament icons have been given out. If you think you should have one but don't, let me know!

JewellRavenlock

Date: 2015-05-10 16:23 EST
I wanted to say a big thank you to the community at large and to a few particular individuals who helped make Beltane a success this year.

Thank you to every community member that came out to play during the multiple live events, posted on the boards even if they couldn't make it, participated in the vapored/board events, mentioned it in chat, whatever. Without you participating, there is no event.

HUGE thank you to Eless, Eva, Katt, and Koy's players for supporting me and letting me bounce ideas off of them (and to Eva for letting me freak out when I thought no one would attend any of the events); Juliane Smith's player for creating the beautiful master schedule poster; Kheldar for calling an AWESOME megabrawl and for helping me plan it and putting up with my newb questions; Matt for letting us offer up ShadoWeaver for the brawl; Ahni, Shadow, and Claire for putting together the very fun DoM event; Rhiannon for creating the Mother/Daughter picnic and making that lovely; Gabby and G for making the Talon Tournament unique and a blast; and Amal for getting the billions of icons to me super fast!

I just loved seeing the whole community have fun together.

JewellRavenlock

Date: 2015-05-10 17:14 EST
Everyone should have a Beltane icon if you attended any of the events (except for those that had their own icons). If you don't have one and you think you should, just let me know :)