Topic: Winterfest Central 2013

Kris Kringle

Date: 2013-11-17 15:34 EST
WinterFest is coming! December 9-15

Deck the halls with boughs of holly! (Fa-lala-lala-lala-la-la!) WinterFest will sure be jolly! (Fa-lala-lala-lala-la-la!) Volunteers should contact Santa! (Falala-lalala-la-la-la!) Spread the news 'round all you wanna! (Fa-lala-lala-lala-la-la!)

Contact Kris Kringle by PM if you want to help this year. If you have suggestions for events, let us know!

WinterFest Events and Schedule

All week - Secret Santa *** Notes to Secret Santas *** Secret Santa Deliveries

Wednesday 12/11 - Seasonal PJ Party at the RDI (more info coming)

Thursday 12/12 " Snowdown in the Glen

Friday 12/13 - RhyDin Wonderplex's Snowball Royale *** Register to Compete!

Saturday 12/14 - Governor's Yule Ball *** Yule Ball Fashion

((Watch here for links to All Things WinterFest 2013! Post will be updated frequently and links added, so be sure to check often. ))

Kris Kringle

Date: 2013-12-07 17:02 EST
Look at all the things to do!

Don't miss out - sign up for Secret Santa!

NorseLady

Date: 2013-12-10 09:33 EST
Dear Silver Bells,

I hope this is a godt place to respond to your inquiry. If not, then please direct me to the proper place.

The game "Hnefatafl" (pronounced nef-ah-tah-fel), is the most popular Norse board game, nei matter hva anyone else says. In fact, 'tis a household word. Hnefatafl, means the King's Table. I was taught hvordan to play by min Far (father), and I became quite godt at it. I won several games against min br'drene (brothers), as well as min crew! Some of them refuse to play against me na, which makes me laugh. I am Queen of Hnefatafl! Just as I am Queen of the Chessboard (a nicknavn bestowed upon me by a certain someone dear to me; he knows hvem he is)!

But I digress. Hnefatafl preceded the more modern game called Chess by approximately 600 years. The games origins can be traced back to as early as 400 AD, but 'twas already well-known long before that time. 'Tis a fun and challenging game of strategy. If you want to know more I shall be glad to explain.

You are doing a most excellent job with your Secret Santa Deliveries! Tusen Takk!

Sincerely, ~Shy