Topic: Winterfest 2011 Booth & Entertainment Pamphlet

(Lost To Time)

Date: 2011-11-15 06:41 EST
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k497/Pinkisnotevil/Winterfest2011/winterbooth4.jpghttp://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k497/Pinkisnotevil/Winterfest2011/winterbooth3.jpghttp://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k497/Pinkisnotevil/Winterfest2011/winterbooth2.jpghttp://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k497/Pinkisnotevil/Winterfest2011/winterbooth1.jpg

The Winterfest 2011 list of entertainments, booths, ice huts, artisan crafts, food, drink and fun finds its way into your grasp. Much like the Beltane pamphlet handed out earlier this year in May, it begins appearing all about Rhydin in halls, at corners, in newsstands, carried by smudge faced, roughly clothed boys and girls grinning happily and wearing new winter hats, gloves or mitts—or found by some other means— and is the printed pamphlet with hand drawn map of all of this years sights, smells, sounds and tastes to be found in the booths, on ice, on ice-stage and as entertainment at the Southern Glen during the Winterfest celebration.

Once again, neat, black font contrasts nicely on a wide, thick piece of paper, you might unfold it three times to see what it holds. Perhaps you note with delight the rough-hewn paper is hand pressed with bits and pieces of winter-recycled paper, embossed with the texture of snowflakes, though perhaps you don't either—maybe you put it away for later, maybe you aren't even interested.

Depending on whether or not it catches your eye, you begin to read the list of merry-making mischief, which amazingly seems to be enchanted to be readable to many written languages:

______________________________________ OOC

Q: What is this thread for" This thread, (and please forgive me for mirroring the beltane one, but I thought it worked, so I decided to continue doing what worked) is for players to reply with their characters Wintefest booth/Business/Showcase talent/skill addition to Winterfest in the Southern Glen. Images, written descriptions, or both of their contributions to Winterfest booths/Entertainment/Igloos/Ice fishing hut are welcome!

Q: Whyyyyy so early' :O Because last event I felt like I rushed everyone, this year I want to give everyone plenty of time to get their ideas going and get lots of chances to get them posted! And because I may be as excited about this as a two year old is staring at all the gifts wrapped under a tree. Maybe.

Q: Does it have to be a booth" Absolutely not! You can have a mini log cabin, a tent, a structure made of ice, hay—whatever your hearts and creativity come up with—you don't even have to have one! Maybe you've got a dance troupe that wanders the 'Fest or are a wandering bard.

Q: I can't make it to one night of the Winterfest/Two/Any of the nights. How can I still participate" You can still participate by NPC'ing your Winterfest booths (in this thread!), just make sure to note if it's NPC'ed so your fellow players reading and maybe interracting with the booth during Winterfest don't make a boo-boo :D

And eventually, you may role play directly within the Winterfest settings threads, which I hope to have up in early December for each main event.

Q: I want to donate food, items or something else, but I want to do it anonymously. How can I do that" Just write me a PM with a description of whatever you want to add or donate anonymously and I'll try and post it A.S.A.P!

Q: I have a question not answered here. Please feel free to PM RDI Risa at any time, send me an email at RisaJones@aol.com, or send me an instant message via AOL/AIM to RisaJones. Thank you! Now go on, make this Winterfest an event that makes memories to last a character's life time!

Yasmin

Date: 2011-11-16 14:14 EST
http://embed.polyvoreimg.com/cgi/img-set/cid/36496818/id/Dt-PloYQ4RGRSsgJkCUwBg/size/y.jpghttp://embed.polyvoreimg.com/cgi/img-set/cid/37374857/id/rtLJwoYQ4RGnofMAhKtK6A/size/y.jpg

Winterfest Pre-Event with Bristle Crios

Join Bristle Crios on December 15th from 8pm to 11pm EST in the Southern Glen prior to the official start of Winterfest and the crowning of the Frost King & Queen at 11pm EST!

Activities include Snow Ball Wars and Ice Bowling! Stay for the dessert booth and the hot beverage bar!

((More information here.))

Lelah

Date: 2011-11-16 20:53 EST
http://www.picvacations.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Ice-Hotel-Sweden.jpg

Tucked away inside a large, dome-shaped building completely built out of ice and lit with hidden electric-blue lights is the 21twelve studios contribution to the Winterfest revelry. What can you find here?

T-shirts, sweatshirts, and hoodies with the studios' logo.

A Murder of Crowes film memorabilia, including t-shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, travel mugs, mousepads, and posters featuring the stars of the film.

Drawings for winning a walk-on role in our next production, tickets to A Murder of Crowes, and a starter bundle of equipment for the aspiring film-maker, including a camera, boom mic, and computer loaded with software for editing and creating your own FX and CGI. The booth will be manned during the daylight hours by studios' staff, and if you're lucky, you might catch one of our stars working a shift, too. Stop by and get some 21twelve studios' swag!

((Please note that the studios' booth will be run by NPCs. If you'd like to enter the drawings, please send me a PM with the drawing you are entering as the subject and your character's name. Winners will be announced on 19 December. You can enter all three drawings if you'd like, but only one entry per person, per drawing. Thanks and have fun!))

Ciarth Whitemane

Date: 2011-11-18 22:14 EST
Take a bit of Winterfest home with you!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Ek3cchny-Xw/TNr47XyNfcI/AAAAAAAABsc/bq_P4J4fzoQ/s400/white%2Bchristmas%2BSnow%2BGlobes%2BWest%2BElm.jpg

In celebration of the season, Shining Star Glassworks will have a booth displaying snowglobes in myriad sizes and styles, all hand-crafted with care by local artisan Ciarth Whitemane. Pick one up as a gift for a friend, or perhaps a matching set to commemorate your first Yule together!

There will also be winter-themed blown-glass figurines and ornaments to decorate your shelf, window, or tree for the holiday! Come and see what awaits you beneath the Shining Star!

Ander Northlander

Date: 2011-11-22 08:19 EST
Magical Delights booth is what appears to be an ancient circular standing stone monument (think Stonehenge) 10 ft. high and 20 ft. across, spanning the top of the circle is a tight weave of branches, thickly interlaces with what appears to be evergreen boughs , that form a solid roof that keeps out bad weather of all sorts, the base of each upright is thick with clusters of one to three foot clear upright crystals, while within the circle the floor is a thick carpet of 'snow? that is neither marred by dirt or melting but always looks new falling . At the circles center is a three ft. across and 1ft deep fire pit within it is a 6ft high and 2 ft. wide cluster of raw crystals that not only give brightly flickering light but non burning warmth as well. Of twelve, one arch, the entrance is empty, above it in a script of icy blue letters is the name Magical Delights the space within the others is filled with what appears to be thin spirals that twirl giving off an aurora borealis like light (unseen but still present is a field that holds back the outside environment) a stride inward in the blocked eleven, is a clear crystal spirals, with dozens of branches under arching off, ending in slightly cupped display platforms, rotating very slowly, that from some inner light sparkle like ice at sunrise , are they solid or some energy of the solstice . The spirals are indeed solid for on, the first four on the left, are palm size snowflakes, like real snowflakes no two are alike but each is finely detailed, crafted in crystals of bright ice blues and silvers also as necklaces chokers and earrings of the same design , the next three hold crystal clusters that when touched emit a light display like the northern lights in, miniature , arches of crystal of varies sizes and numbers some on solid bases others to be hand held, or as necklaces chokers and earrings that at the base are black as the solstice night but get lighter and brighter til at the far end they glow like the noonday sun, the last four hold solstice orchids with their indigo blue centers streaking out over iridescent white petals stopping just short of the edge leaving a pure white boarder and stem and leaves of green variegated with ice green, some in pots others cut stems and single blossoms also small figurines of crystal made to look like miniature ice sculptures of birds and animals both common and rare each slightly colors by faint internal light, and sets of manual and self-playing clear singing crystals that give off a different icy color with each note.

Though other members of the ConColor pride may be at the booth but most likely Anders younger sister Terra and Ginger will be there dressed in traditional AmTamir solstice clothing (nearly black mahogany moccasins a long pleated pants skirt that lightens to a pale ember at the waist and full flared long sleeve semi-tight tops that start at the waist the same pale ember and brighten to a golden yellow at the high neckline, on each arm wrist to elbow what looks like an armband but what is really an AmTamir wrist (cross) bow.( N.P.C. they will be friendly but not flirtatious, feel free to interact with them in a respectful manner do not harm or abuse them, the booth, or its contents .)

Ander Northlander

Date: 2011-11-24 10:23 EST
Though other members of the ConColor pride may be at the booth most likely staff from ConColor nightclub will be manning it.( three males (greeter at the door, and two security inside) dressed in traditional AmTamir solstice clothing (nearly black mahogany moccasins a long slightly pleated pants that at the bottom are the same color as the moccasins then lightens to a pale ember at the waist and slightly flared long sleeve semi-tight tops that start at the waist the same pale ember and brighten to a golden yellow at the high neckline, on each arm wrist to elbow what looks like an armband but what is really an AmTamir wrist (cross) bow and five females (desk manager and four servers) dressed in traditional AmTamir solstice clothing (nearly black mahogany moccasins a long pleated pants skirt that at the bottom are the same color as the moccasins then lightens to a pale ember at the waist and full flared long sleeve semi-tight tops that start at the waist the same pale ember and brighten to a golden yellow at the high neckline, on each arm wrist to elbow what looks like an armband but what is really an AmTamir wrist (cross) bow N.P.C. they will be friendly but not flirtatious, feel free to interact with them in a respectful manner do not harm or abuse them, the booth, or its contents .)

the Booth for ConColor Nightclub is a circular structure of two rows of 4ft x 4ft leather Mahogany panels on an eight in thick frame of self-lighting braids (two ember one emerald) around and between them, 10 ft. high and twenty ft. across, with a roof of elongated triangles of the same color and material framed in the same way. In front is an ornate stand, of swirled mahogany, supporting an oval of dark ember crystal 6ft high and 3ft across, with 6inch slightly raised emerald crystal, in a fine but readable script centered on the oval.

ConColor Nightclub Fine dinning Dancing Roof top greenhouse garden

As you reach the flap that serves as a door it is opened by a tall muscular man whose appears to be in his early thirties recognized as AmTamir by those who know the combination of muscular build, light honey hair, going to just past the nape, tan skin and cats eye green eyes and you are greeted by his rich tenor voice "Greetings and welcome, may you enjoy your meal." With a wave of his arm he directs you inside and in the direction of the Table Managers desk.

Behind the desk stands a young women and one to four more beside the desk the women look similar enough to be related but different enough not to be siblings, all have the same skin tone and eyes as the man at the door but their hair is different shades of honey ember it is wore loose to just beyond their shoulders, then the woman speaks to one of the other woman there as she hands her an ember oval with a number on it " here is our guest table number. " the woman steps in front of you and says "please follow me, your table is this way."

The majority of the floor space is taken up by a checkerboard pattern of tables and four chairs but not your average tables or chairs for none have any legs or other means of solid support but float stable and firm at the height as if they did, both are ember crystal trimmed in emerald the chairs have emerald cushions each table has a table cloth of white semitransparent woven crystal trimmed in gold before each chair on the table is a setting of an emerald chaser, large gold plate, smaller mahogany plate, and an ember bowl, clear crystal dinning ware with white handles trimmed in gold on either side and two white steamed glasses one a third smaller than the other both the upper and lower rim trimmed in gold, a scroll bond in an ember crystal ring is directly in front of each setting and a centerpieces on each table is a two piece bowl the lower and wider is mostly filled with water and is home to four small butterfly koi like fish, one white, one gold, one ember, and one emerald green the inner taller and narrower is filled with arches of crystal of varies sizes at the base black as the solstice night but get lighter and brighter until at the far end they glow like the noonday sun, and from the center rises a solstice orchids with their indigo blue centers streaking out over iridescent white petals stopping just short of the edge leaving a pure white boarder and stem and leaves of green variegated with ice green.

On Stopping at one of the tables the woman gesture toward it and says "here is your table." lifting a scroll next to the center piece and this is our wine list ConColor offers a selection of both domestic and imported wines and champagnes," Then returning it to its place. The scrolls at your plates are your menus I'll return in a few minutes for your orders,"

Menu of ConColor booth

Course one Appetizers

Seafood platter Shrimp (steamed or fried), silverfin (steamed or baked), crab (steamed, fried), in season mussels (steamed, fried)

Shrimp toast made with fresh ginger and other ingredients deep fried to golden perfection

Steamed dumplings fill with Beef, pork, shrimp, also vegetarian Cheese wontons filled with either crab, lobster or silverfin meat mixed with a whipped cream cheese and herb flakes.

Lunarua shrimp (steamed, fried) Lunarua (moon light) shrimp A shrimp of tropical NuTerrian coastline, it grows to between 12 and 18 inches is a silver white in color after cooking its head plate, legs, and tail gain a mother of pearl luster

Course two Salad

Fern fiddlehead salad; different shades of green and reddish bronze fiddleheads (with the salad is offered an assortment of sliced apples, pears, and nut shavings)

Served with The house dressing on the side, joining of sweet dragon honey and tangy fruit vinegar

Course three soups

Silverfin chowder; white chowder base thick with curled slivers of silverfin tail and claw meat and thin sliced potatoes chopped onion celery sharp Cheddar cheese and an assortment of complementing herbs and spices

Crystain stew; a vegetable broth full of bite size pieces of a medley of in season vegetables with just a hint of ginger

Beef stew; beef broth with bite size pieces of grilled lean beef thin sliced of carrots, potatoes, onions, peppers, tomatoes, portabella mushrooms, peas, with an assortment of complementing herbs and spices

Silverfin wontons float like clouds above a mixture of vegetable slivers and fine noodles in a vegetable broth

Egg drop; hearty vegetable soup with delicate strands of ivory colored egg white and fine noodles throughout

Course four main dish

Choice of asparagus, carrots (with butter or orange and ginger sauce) , grilled corn (on or off the cob) , green beans, or green or yellow squash (boiled or grilled)

Whole silverfin steamed to perfection (back, claws, and tail pre halved) sided with melted butter

Seafood platter (steamed, fried) silverfin, shrimp, clams, mussels, and scallops

Stuffed mushroom ;Large mushroom cap (portabella like) stuffed high with fine slices of sweet peppers, onions, and black olives and topped with a drizzle of light ember wine sauce

Butterflied shrimp with bacon jumbo shrimp caressed by thin sliced bacon coated with fine nut flour then pan fried

Course five desserts

Honeyed Fruit plate; mini-orange segments, pear wedges, peach wedges, medium ember grapes, halved strawberries pineapple rings rolled in powdered crystallized honey crystals

Warm Tarts nut flower cups filled with finely chopped apples, pears, strawberries or thick vanilla custard baked to a light golden brown then topped with nut powder

Solstice orchid cookies

Baked Pineapple rings drizzled with strawberry sauce

Dragon Honey to go (ivory like cylinder 3inches long 1inch across)

Beverage list

Beverages can be served chilled or hot mulled Local wines red, white Local apple cider NuTerrain wines light, medium, dark, ember NuTerrain ciders apple, pear

Carefully Tailored

Date: 2011-11-26 07:30 EST
If there were the adventurous few who were on the look out once again for Argento Luna's silvery men in suits that had appeared during Beltane...Disappointment might soon be realized. There did not seem to be a booth anywhere in the Glen sporting the Argento Luna's symbol of silver half-crescent moon anywhere.

At least, at first.

Perhaps a keen eye will catch a man or woman dressed in this years blue livery, or tunic, belted simply at the waist decorated with white stars at hem and wrist—wearing a very fetching and matching blue Santa hat. Fit with silver skates, these men and women swirl, swish, and dance around the many frozen streams, rivers and ponds found within the Glen with expertise. Not a drop is spilled as they glide their way on the ice looking for thirsty Winterfest guests going by, apple-cheeked from the cold and wanting a taste of a fine red wine to warm them up. http://i.imgur.com/v1zg2.jpg

The clever use of the Southern Glen's natural water-ways makes them accessible to all, in all places, from the wonderful light displays, to the middle of the Glen and to the far edges.

The wine comes served in takeya shatterproof and reusable wine and cocktail tumblers, branded on the bottle with the Argento Luna scrawl and logo. Guests can keep the tumblers as a momento of Winterfest or simply deposit them in marked receptacles about the Glen for recycling. http://i.imgur.com/szYwd.jpg

Issy

Date: 2011-11-28 21:02 EST
Winterfest is here!

The Scathachians are ready to celebrate with Rhydin in style! Scathach's Warriors will be shelving their weapons for the holidays to bring TWO booths to life!

For the children of Rhydin, there will be Winterfest Story Hour! Traditional holidays tales from around the world, taken from libraries and oral tribes far and wide! As read by the Scathachian Archivist, Rhiannon.

http://library.jhu.edu/bin/p/w/oldbooks2.jpg

http://library.plgrove.org/v1/images/story_time.jpg

Also being sponsored in honor of the Rhydin Orphans' Fund, will be a Scathachian Kissing Booth. Saddle up to this mistletoe laden booth and kiss a lovely Scathachian (without the violent ramifications)! All for a great cause!

http://www.appsfuze.com/static/images/apps/2/9/4/294682bb-d621-4909-82cf-fd81e128e467.png

http://www.darkrising.co.uk/Images/Mistletoe_Kiss.jpg

Katt Batten

Date: 2011-11-30 20:08 EST
http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab276/kattstrife/Events/gazebo-parker-ddc.jpg

Out of all the things she chose a gazebo as a choice for her booth. Something that was already there but since it was claimed by her for Winterfest, it wouldn't be touched. Right?

Decorated in lights, big gilded red bows, and green garland the gazebo gives a friendly and simple atmosphere. When stepping inside the circle of the gazebo is followed by tables with sweets and treats. Toward the center was four tables that squared off to serve as a payment counter, get drinks, and also to house two chocolate fountains: one of rich milk chocolate and the other equally rich white chocolate.

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab276/kattstrife/Events/sweettreat.png Sweets and Treats

Each item is served or cut in bar shape for personal servings. For an whole item please speak with the person behind the counter.

Cheesecakes Chocolate Bar Cheesecake - Two moist layers of chocolate cake soaked with rich milk chocolate, layered with creamy chocolate ganache and chocolate cheesecake made with chocolate. Finished with milk chocolate icing and milk chocolate chips.

White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle - Creamy Cheesecake with chunks of White Chocolate and swirls of seedless raspberries. Baked in a chocolate crumble crust and finished with White Chocolate Shavings and Whipped Cream.

Peppermint Cheesecake - Creamy white cheesecake with pieces of peppermint topped with peppermint garnish.

Tortes Almond Custard Torte - Butter cake layered with custard and chocolate mousse wrapped by toasted almonds and frosted with whipped cream.

Chocolate Custard Torte - Yellow cake layered with custard and chocolate mousse wrapped by chocolate sprinkles and frosted with chocolate whipped cream.

Double Chocolate Torte - Moist chocolate cake with layers of chocolate mousse and frosted with chocolate ganache.

Lemon Raspberry Torte - Lemon genoise brushed with homemade lemon curd with alternating layers of raspberry marmalade and light lemon buttercream.

White Chocolate Strawberry Torte - Yellow cake with layers of strawberry and white chocolate mousse, frosted with whipped cream.

Cakes Caramel Carrot Cake - Delectable carrot cake with caramel whipped vanilla frosting.

Mint chocolate cake - Alternating layers of moist mint and chocolate cake with ganache topping.

Cookies

Almond Macaroon Black & White Cookie Half Moon Cookie Honey Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin

Others

Cannoli Chocolate Cannoli Chocolate Brownie Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownie Pecan Turtle Brownie Eclair Toffee Butter Almond Toffee Cocunut Clusters Peanut clusters Rum Balls Strawberry Shortcake Cookie and Cream Bark Baklava Raspberry Oatmeal Bar Bread Pudding Lemon Bar Pecan Pie (With or without splash of rum) Red Velvet Cupcake

Drinks

Peppermint Patty (Alcohol/non-alcohol versions)

Hot Chocolate (comes with a candy cane). Choice of toppings: Cinnamon, nutmeg, whipped cream, Red and Green circle sprinkles.

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab276/kattstrife/Events/fountain1.jpghttp://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab276/kattstrife/Events/WHITE_CHOCOLATE_FOUNTAIN_W-FRUIT-BEST-307x284.jpg Chocolate Fountains

Sitting next to each fountain are boxes filled with various things to dip as well as skewers to use for the dipping. Purchase a small, medium, or large box to fill and have at it!

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab276/kattstrife/Events/ebay_007_op_800x600.jpg

Items for dipping include:

Strawberries, banana, pineapple, seedless red and green grapes, melon, kiwi, mango, sugared mini donuts, cream filled profiteroles, chocolate brownies, gingerbread men, pink wafers, coconut bites, marshmallows, jelly babies, vanilla fudge, meringues, pretzel sticks, angel food cake, rice krispy treats, grapham crackers, brownie bites, bon bons, truffles, cinnamon sticks, candy canes, and of course any bought item is welcomed to be dunked in one or both of the fountains.

PrlUnicorn

Date: 2011-12-02 21:05 EST
Colleen or someone from her family will be on hand to do weddings for the Winterfest.

The wedding arches have been set up with a winter theme of white roses and mistletoe. http://ak2.polyvoreimg.com/cgi/img-set/cid/40280822/id/UkzhHlId4RGSvt_w_X00zA/size/y.jpg

((If you would like to arrange for a wedding during live or posted Winterfest activities, please PM me! :) ))