Topic: Auditions 2013

Mataya

Date: 2013-09-02 09:06 EST
Applicants entering the theater by the stage door will be directed to the auditorium. In the middle of the stalls will be sat the producing directors of the theater, the director, and the musical director. At the front row is set up a lit table, from which application forms may be taken and filled out. A sign on said table requests that these forms be returned as promptly as possible.

Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet):

Name (inc. title):

Address:

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details):

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed"

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any):

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any):

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details):

Please note - The positions offered by the Shanachie Theatre are full time and salaried. Members of the Company and Band will be expected to keep to a strict rehearsal and performance schedule. Sick and holiday pay is non-negotiable and subject to duration of employment. The directorship withhold the right to terminate employment, should contractual obligations not be met.

The structure of the Theater Company auditions will be as follows - group warm ups, followed by individual dance, singing, and acting interviews. They will be asked to learn and repeat one dance routine, one song, and one scene.

Applicants for the positions in the Repertory Company will be interviewed individually. They will be asked to perform a prepared audition piece of their own choosing, and sight-read and perform a monologue chosen by the in-house director.

Applicants for positions in the Ballet Troupe will be invited back to audition with Anthony De Luca and Anastasia Komarova. There will be set pieces, as well as a solo and group performance. ((OOC Note - The Shanachie Theater Companies and House Band are intended to be a platform for players to expand their horizons among the community. Applications can be considered to be successful if made. Regular play, in forums and/or live, would be very much appreciated where time permits. Player's names will be attached to the pertinent productions in varying roles, unless they specifically state otherwise. Please note, if you are currently on the Roll Call of the Shanachie's Companies, you will need to add your details to this thread, or contact me directly, to keep that place in the Shanachie line up.))

Jonathan Granger

Date: 2013-09-02 11:17 EST
Since Jon was going to be in Vancouver filming Swan Song, he had filled out his application prior to leaving Rhy'Din and had asked Liv submit it for him. It was really only a formality, as there was no risk of him losing his position with the Shanachie, especially considering the theater was owned and operated by his oldest and dearest friend, but what was fair was fair, and he didn't want to be accused of nepotism. And so, he submitted his application, looking to retain his position with the Repertory Company, along with a resume listing past experience and referrals.

Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Repertory

Name (inc. title): Jonathan Granger

Address: The Big House at Maple Grove Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): See resume.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): See resume.

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No.

Clarine Fire Crow

Date: 2013-09-02 16:34 EST
Clare snuck in quietly through one of the side doors to the theatre, clutching the scenes she'd prepared in one slightly sweaty hand. After filling out the application and returning it to the appropriate spot, she waited quietly for her name to be called. While she waited, she read and re-read and re-read again her lines, praying that she didn't screw it up.

She was new to this odd world and hoped desperately that being a member of the Shanachie's ranks would help her understand the places and people of her new home, and maybe make a couple new friends in the process.

Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Either Theatre or Repertory

Name (inc. title): Clarine Fire Crow

Address: 227 Madder Lake Close, Old Market District

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" Not employed currently.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Annual participation in traditional dances in Northern Cheyenne Powwows since I was five; member of high school musical theatre group; member of college dramatic theatre group

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Traditional Northern Cheyenne dancing; Velma Kelly in "Chicago" in high school; Marian Paroo in "The Music Man" in high school; Ophelia in "Hamlet" in college; Rebecca Gibbs in "Our Town" in college; Liesl von Trapp in "The Sound of Music" in college

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): Yes, I have been arrested and convicted three times during non-violent protests against building on sacred land in the Tongue River valley and Powder River basin in eastern Montana. I served thirty days in county jail, and have paid a total of $7,500 in fines.

Max Yako

Date: 2013-09-03 06:03 EST
Had another year really gone by"

Company Applied for: Whatever Mataya needs me for.

Name (inc. title): Maximillion Yako

Address: Shacked up with da boss. Like a boss.

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): Yes. I am very protective now that I am going to be a father. I will take care of you, 'Taye. You and our little one. I love you.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" Well, I work here....so....

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Graduated c.um laude from UCLA dramatic arts program.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): I like to sing and dance, I like to sing and dance, I want to be a pirate from the Pirates of Penzance...

Do you have any criminal convictions? Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): Taya would kill me!

Please note - The positions offered by the Shanachie Theatre are full time and salaried. Members of the Company and Band will be expected to keep to a strict rehearsal and performance schedule. Sick and holiday pay is non-negotiable and subject to duration of employment. The directorship withhold the right to terminate employment, should contractual obligations not be met.

Darcy Angel

Date: 2013-09-03 19:00 EST
Darcy had always wanted to apply but never did. What better chance than to apply now"

Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Ballet

Name (inc. title): Darcy Devin Huntington Shimmerscale

Address: Jello HQ

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None I am my own employer

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): American Ballet Theatre

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): American Ballet Theatre various workshops.

Do you have any criminal convictions? Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No

Mairead Harker

Date: 2013-09-03 20:57 EST
She looked over the the application and peered at her eldest child. "Maggie, this says it's a full time job for the season. Do you know what that means?"

"There are four season, Mama! I know their names!" Maggie grinned.

"No, this means for how long the theater company runs for a year." Rhiannon gave her daughter an incredulous look. "If you really want to try this, I'll help you fill it out, but they are looking for serious inquiries."

"When have I asked to learn something that I wasn't serious about?" One of Maggie's dark brows lowered.

The application read as follows:

Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Theater, Repertory, and Ballet

Name (inc. title): Mairead "Maggie" Harker, age 7

Address: Harkers' Island

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details):

My health is good, but being a kid, I need more sleep than grown up person.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed"

My job is going to school, but my teachers will work around it!

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any):

3 years of ballet lessons at New Haven Dance Academy. 1 year of piano and music theory.

They let me be "Peter Pan" in the recital because I was the only kid that could make the swordplay look right!

I was Dorothy in "The Wizard of Oz" at Harker's Academy for our school play. I can sing in tune and work well with animals.

Also performed for Children's Day in 2012 and 2013. I did a magic act with my aunt and uncle.

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details):

No.

"I need to write more, but there's no room!" Maggie blew some hair out of her eyes.

Her mother handed over another piece of paper. It was later attached to the form submitted

To the Person Who Gets to Read This,

I really am seven years old and would like a chance to try out! There are lots of plays and things, some have kids in them. I thought it would be good for a real kid to play one instead of a grown up all scrunched down!

Thank you!

Mairead Harker

Anya De Luca

Date: 2013-09-04 05:52 EST
Tony might have argued long and hard that Anya had no need to audition for a company that she herself had a partnership in, but the ballerina was determined that no one would be able to accuse the Shanachie of nepotism or favoritism. So there she was, ready and able, with her resume and application in hand.

Name (inc. title): Anastasia Komarova

Address: Juniper Cottage, Wish Lane

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" Currently employed by the Shanachie Theater

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): 7 years of training at the Vaganova Academy of Russian Ballet, St Petersburg; a further two years of apprenticeship with the Mariinsky Ballet

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Various corps de ballet and soloist credits with ballet troupes such as the San Francisco Ballet, the New York Ballet Troupe, the Royal Ballet in England, and the Bolshoi Ballet

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No.

Max Yako

Date: 2013-09-04 06:05 EST
Max closed the laptop, having just sent an application for employment at his fiancee's own theater. It felt funny to him, he'd do anything that she ever asked, and that included being a part of the Shanachie. So, he hadn't taken it very seriously and even chuckled at some of his replies. He was feeling very witty. But chores needed to be done while 'Taye and Jon were out filming (the director had kicked him off of the set for being a general nuisance when, for fun, Max yelled "cut!" one too many times just to have 'Taye back in his lap.) and earning that money. It was the least he could do to keep the place straight. So he did a general sweep of the condo, washing dishes and folding laundry. He made quick time of it, too. Finally happy with his accomplishments for the day, he settled into a recliner and opened a book to read.

If he thought he could forget about his application to his fiancee's theater, he had another thing coming. He was lucky, however, that 'Taya was genuinely enjoying her time on a film set, working with her best friend, and was generally returning home in a good mood from work. When she came in, she was smirking, wiping the smile from her face as she came into his view. She looked down at Max, hands on her hips, one brow raised. "Shacked up with the boss" Turning your audition details into a love letter" You"do"want to be employed beyond the end of the week, right?"

Wow, that was fast!"Max set the book to the side, dog earing the page he was on. "Well, hello beautiful," he grinned and lowered the foot rest so he could stand up and greet her properly. "I take it Ludo was not impressed with my application." Stepping over to her, he bent to kiss her nicely rounded (he thought it was the most perfect baby bump that ever was) baby bump and then rose to press a kiss to her cheek. "How was your day?" Placing his hand into her back, he began to gently massage the tension away.

She couldn't help smiling as he kissed her bump, which was making itself known more prominently as the weeks progressed. Hopefully the size of the bump wouldn't be too different from the beginning of the shoot to the end, but given the way she was being costumed, 'Taya didn't think it would be too noticeable. Her fingers rubbed through Max's hair as he kissed her bump, grinning as he then kissed"her. "My day was good," she admitted cheerfully. "I forgot how to say "essentially" for about six takes, but Jon was pretty patient with me. And as for"you"..." She eyed him, that halfway stern brow rising once again as she smirked up at him. "Ludo seems to think your application is worthy of calling me to giggle through reading out all your responses."

"So he liked it then?" Max's brows went up and he grinned again. Using his hand to press against the small of her back, he lead her through the living room to sit in a chair that she had told him was the most comfortable. "I'm glad this shoot's going easy on you and Jon," he nodded for emphasis. "And he's been around pregnant women, he knows that if he were anything other than patient, you'd emasculate him." The thought was a humorous one and he chuckled. Both he and Jon had been in drag at Mataya's request before and it wasn't a far stretch to imagine it. "Here, sit down, put your feet up and I'll fix you something to eat. What would you like, babe?" He was pretty good at changing subjects, wasn't he"

"Oh, he liked it. He can't even consider calling you for an audition on it, but he liked it." Mataya smirked again as she folded herself into what had become"her"chair with a low groan of pleasure. "Besides, Jon's got other things on his mind right now." She snickered impishly, glorying in the knowledge that right now, she was the privileged"one"who knew what those other things were. "Surprise me, but no fish. I swear, I smelt a shrimp earlier and hurled up more than I ever thought my stomach could contain."

"It wasn't as bad as last year's," Max defended as he went to his knees to help her remove her shoes. They were removed and he was making a big to-do over massaging her insoles and gently nibbling on her toes. The news that Jon had things going on had him lifting his head with a very curious gaze at his fiancee. "While I'm making dinner, you're going to spill the beans. What's going on with Jon?" He hoped it wasn't anything too serious, but by the look on 'Taya's face, he didn't figure it to be. Getting up, he pressed a kiss to the top of her head on his way to the kitchen. "I'll send a new application after dinner. You can help me."

As he passed by on the way to the kitchen, Mataya pulled herself out of the chair again, moving to follow him and lean against the counter as he set himself ready to start cooking. "You don't need my help to apply for the Shanachie, hot stuff," she chuckled, leaning onto her elbows to stretch her back out as she watched him. "And you?have"to keep this to yourself until it becomes public knowledge, all right' Vicki's pregnant again. I'm gonna have a Mommy-buddy!"

"But I'd like your help," he smiled as he gathered up the ingredients to make a macaroni and cheese. She was given a kiss as he passed her to the counter opposite from where she sat. He'd begun pouring some milk into a pan when the news was delivered, and he sat the carton down before he turned and looked at his fiancee. "Seriously' Does this mean I don't have to go to Lamaze classes?" he teased.

"Not that close," she laughed softly, shaking her head at him. "She's due a few months after we are, but isn't that cool" We're not gonna be the only exhausted parents we know!" Her hand rubbed against the side of her bump, smiling a little as she felt the small flutterings that were hers alone to enjoy for now. In another ten weeks, Max would be able to feel their child moving inside her, but for now, those little movements were hers to savor. "Dude, we're definitely signing up for a healer to be on hand at the birth. I mean, that's what Jon and Vicki did, and look how quickly she recovered from the whole pushing a double-decker out through her vajayjay!"

Max winked playfully to her response, and turned to resume his cooking. "We can shove off the little guy on them when we're too tired. They'll need the practice," he snickered and sprinkled a generous amount of shredded cheddar into the pan with milk and butter. He turned to her at the mention of a healer. He was all for that. Imagining Mataya in pain for any length of time made Max feel very uneasy. But did she have to mention vajayjays" "Taya, baby, please don't talk about Vicki's vajayjay. If Jon knew I even said the two words in the same sentence he'd probably murder me in my sleep!"

She snorted with laughter at his comment. "What, when they already have Emily on their hands?" she pointed out. "Maybe we should look into getting Juno all trained up - volunteer her for babysitting some of the Granger brats before she has a little brother or sister to play with." Vicki's undercarriage went unmentioned again, mostly because 'Taya didn't want to foster any discomfort between her fiance and her best friend. They'd had a couple of rocky patches, and now was not the time to bring that back to speed.

"Well, they're going to have two, right?" Max shrugged and waved his hand dismissively. He'd only been joking anyway. "Mmm, Juno babysitting is actually an excellent idea. It'll teach her more responsibility." Pulling the spoon he had been stirring with out of the pan, he blew the steam from it as he crossed the room and offered Mataya a taste of the cheese sauce. "Have I told you lately that you're the most beautiful genius that I've ever loved?"

"More responsibility," 'Taya scoffed, leaning forward to taste the sauce with a low moan of appreciation. As much as she was proud of her figure, she'd relaxed her diet since becoming pregnant, and broadened her horizons with it. "She's held down a job for a year, and she's still studying. Isn't that responsible enough for you, Maxine?"

"Watch it," he quirked a brow at his nickname. "I could put something in your dinner," he teased. "Of course she's taken on a lot of responsibility," he agreed. "But when a child's involved, it includes maturing." This brought a pause to Max's thought process, as well as his ability to stir, it seemed. "You don't think that she's going to do that whole cocoon thing again, do you?"

Mataya chuckled at his warning tease, shaking her head at his next concern. "No, I don't think so," she mused thoughtfully. "Her brother said they had three stages of life, didn't he" That was her first cocoon thing, so I guess she's only got one more. And that probably won't happen for decades yet."

"I hope not, that first time was scary and she aged way too much. Who knows how far it'll go next time." It was a concern for Max because he did truly love his adopted daughter and didn't want her to have anything other than the luxury and lifestyle that they had provided for her. "Just waiting for the noodles, now," he murmured and then turned to look at Mataya. "Alright, let's get this application done before Ludo fires me."

"Dude,"I'll"fire you if you don't change it," she snorted with laughter, pushing to straighten up. Her hand stretched toward him, fingers wriggling to invite him to take it as she turned toward the kitchen table, where he'd left his laptop. "C'mon, come and prove you're a professional."

"Oh, she's so ruthless," he chuckled and reached for her hand to follow her into the dining room. "I can be professional, but what fun is that?" he grinned, teasing. Sitting down at the table, he opened up his laptop and waited for it to boot up.

Easing herself down beside him, she smiled, resting her cheek on her hand. "Professional is how you keep working, smarty pants," she pointed out. "Did you remember to email Juno and remind her to get her application in before the end of the week?"

"I thought sleeping with the boss did," he chuckled. He knew better, but this was fun and he was going to go with it. "No, I forgot to email her. I'll do that right after I'm done with this." He looked at her with a grin, then opened up his email to retrieve the empty application. "Hmm, should I do this under a pseudonym' Actors change their names all of the time."

Rolling her eyes, 'Taya thumped his shoulder gently. "You're impossible," she laughed faintly. "Everyone knows it's you, even if you start working under an pseudonym. Besides, don't you want the world to know that nepotism isn't an institution in the Shanachie" I heard Anya say she"was going to audition, and she's co-owner of the Ballet Troupe!"

"Anya," Max sighed and sat back in his chair. He'd never seen a ballerina move more gracefully than Anya. She was a wonder to behold and he thanked his stars that Mataya's brother had managed to snag her. It was a win-win situation all the way around. "Right, well..." he began to type up his application, only pausing to look up at her to ask a question. "Umm, what?s our address again?" He rarely went out, and certainly didn't mail anything to himself!

"Dude!" Laughing again, Mataya poked at him as he produced a question she had not expected him to need help with. "7, Westbourne Avenue. You know, four doors down from"my mother,"whose address you?never"forget."

"Well, I...umm..." he had nothing in his defense and hurriedly turned to begin typing again. "My other answers were funny," he pouted. "Can't I mention you, even once" It might get my foot in the door," he teased, dead pan.

"No, you can't mention me at all," she informed him impishly. "You have to make the application on your own merits, and audition on your own skills."No'skeeving off the boss." She kissed his cheek, ruffling his hair gently. "As for your foot in your door ....you got your sperm in my womb, that's in enough."

"You make it sound so clinical," he shook his head as he typed. Once he was done, he swiveled the laptop so she could read. "Need to go strain the noodles," he grinned as he stood up. Her cheek was kissed and he went back into the kitchen.

She smiled as he kissed her cheek. "Try not to strain yourself, gorgeous." As he moved away, she turned her attention to his new application, spending a few minutes correcting his spelling as she went through the whole thing, sending it on his behalf before he could add anything vaguely humorous on the end of it.

"You're so punny," he chuckled as he set to the task. When he emerged from the kitchen, he had two steaming bowls of nothing more than macaroni and cheese. "Did you send it?" asked as he placed a bowl in front of her, the spoon sticking out of the top. "And the email to Juno, too?" He didn't expect her to do those things, but it sure was a perk that his fiancee knew how to work a computer better than he did.

"Working on the email now," she assured him as he set the bowl down beside her, fingertips tapping over the keyboard with confident assurity. Juno's email was just a little bit packed with information about their stay in Vancouver and inquiries over what their adopted daughter had been doing with herself while they were gone, but she remembered to put in the reminder about work, too. "And sent. You're gonna be credible."

Company Applied for:Theater

Name (inc. title): Maximillion Yako

Address: 7 Westbourne Avenue

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" Two weeks

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Graduated c.um laude from UCLA dramatic arts program.

Currently employed at the Shanachie Theater as an actor. Prior to that I'd made some movies (Goobersmack - as Charles the butler, Restless - as Sean Bohmer and So Much for Love - as Richard Cates) to name a few.

Stage acting: West Side Story - The Redding Theater in Redding CA - as both Bernardo and Riff. Grease - The Redding Theater in Redding CA - Danny Zucko and Putzy

Do you have any criminal convictions? Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No

Juno

Date: 2013-09-05 07:36 EST
Reminded by email and by phone, as well as by Ludo when she'd come to pick up her paycheck for the last month's work, Juno made her way down to the auditorium to fill out the application dutifully. She didn't mind so much if she didn't get a spot this time around - she'd proved she could do it, that was the main thing.

Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Repertory

Name (inc. title): Miss Juno De Luca

Address: 7, Westbourne Avenue

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" Currently employed by the Shanachie

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): None

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): I've been a part of the Shanachie Repertory Company for the last year

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No

Please note - The positions offered by the Shanachie Theater are full time and salaried. Members of the Company and Band will be expected to keep to a strict rehearsal and performance schedule. Sick and holiday pay is non-negotiable and subject to duration of employment. The directorship withhold the right to terminate employment, should contractual obligations not be met.

Jamie Willis

Date: 2013-09-05 17:28 EST

Name (inc. title): Mr James Willis

Address: 14, Devils Drive

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" Currently employed by the Shanachie Theater

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): see resume

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): see resume

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No

Eregor

Date: 2013-09-05 22:51 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Theater / Repertory

Name (inc. title): Eregor

Address: The Tower, on the south road from Rhy'din, across from Maple Grove

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None. Although I am currently serving as an instructor at Bristle Crios Academy, my schedule there is flexible and I can easily work around a full-time rehearsal and performance schedule with the Shanachie.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): BFA in Acting from DePaul University, numerous workshops and single-semester or summer programs elsewhere

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): - (stage) Charlie Baker and Owen Musser in separate productions of "The Foreigner", Mr. Zuss in a touring production of "J.B.", Duke of Albany in "King Lear", Snug the Joiner in "A Midsummer Night's Dream", chorus in "Guys & Dolls", Perchik in "Fiddler On The Roof? - (TV) Buddy Baker in "Animal Man" (2013-2018), Elder Gale in "Sins Unforgiven" (2019-2021) - (film) Bran Linden in "Getting Over Alyson" (unreleased)

Mataya

Date: 2013-09-07 07:46 EST
A brief note sent to everyone who took part from Ludo Von Eschenbach, the Shanachie's regular director.

Many thanks to all those who auditioned - you were all fantastic, my darlings! We will be contacting all of you who made it privately over the next few days, and if you did not make it this time, don't despair! There are many places in which to hone your natural talents right here in Rhy'Din, and we will welcome you back with open arms next year!