Topic: Auditions 2014

Mataya

Date: 2014-09-07 08:39 EST
Applicants entering the theater by the stage door will be directed to the auditorium. In the middle of the stalls will be sat the producing directors of the theater, the director, and the musical director. At the front row is set up a lit table, from which application forms may be taken and filled out. A sign on said table requests that these forms be returned as promptly as possible.

Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet):

Name (inc. title):

Address:

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details):

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed"

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any):

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any):

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details):

Please note - The positions offered by the Shanachie Theater are full time and salaried. Members of the Company and Band will be expected to keep to a strict rehearsal and performance schedule. Sick and holiday pay is non-negotiable and subject to duration of employment. The directorship withhold the right to terminate employment, should contractual obligations not be met.

The structure of the Theater Company auditions will be as follows - group warm ups, followed by individual dance, singing, and acting interviews. They will be asked to learn and repeat one dance routine, perform one pre-prepared song, and one pre-prepared scene.

Applicants for the positions in the Repertory Company will be interviewed individually. They will be asked to perform a prepared audition piece of their own choosing, and sight-read and perform a monologue chosen by the in-house director.

Applicants for positions in the Ballet Troupe will be invited back to audition with Anthony and Anastasia De Luca. There will be set pieces, as well as a solo and group audition.

((OOC Note - The Shanachie Theater Companies and House Band are intended to be a platform for players to expand their horizons among the community. Applications can be considered to be successful if made. Regular play, in forums and/or live, would be very much appreciated where time permits. Player's names will be attached to the pertinent productions in varying roles, unless they specifically state otherwise. Please note, if you are currently on the Roll Call of the Shanachie's Companies, you will need to add your details to this thread, or contact me or Tony De Luca directly, to keep that place in the Shanachie line up. In light of the last couple of years experience at this, I am also adding that should your character join the Shanachie and then do absolutely nothing - play in the rooms, post on the boards, etc - for an extended period of time, I will remove your character from the roll call.))

Jonathan Granger

Date: 2014-09-07 14:12 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Repertory

Name (inc. title): Jonathan Granger Address: Maple Grove Manor Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): See resume attached

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): See resume attached

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No Attached was a resume listing the following:

Filmography Triple Dark - Owen - 2009 (Academy Award Nomination for Best Actor) A Murder of Crowes - Charlie Dekker - 2011 Fifty Shades of Grey - Christian Grey - 2012 Fifty Shades Darker - Christian Grey - 2013 Swan Song - Joseph James - 2013 (Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama; BAFTA Leading Actor Award, Academy Award for Best Actor) Fifty Shades Freed - Christian Grey - 2014 (Post-production) Television Law and Order - Sam English - 2008 (Guest Role) NCIS - Todd Winspear - 2008 (Guest Role) One Life to Live - Chad Grimes - 2008-2010 (Recurring Role) Theater Numerous theater productions, both on Earth and Rhy'Din. Most well known for dramatic and Shakespearian roles. Shanachie Repertory Company - 2011-2014 Other Works Various ad campaigns for hair care products, clothing, cars, and cologne. Has been featured in various publications, including Premiere, Empire, and The RhyDin Post. An active advocate for drug abuse prevention and rehabilitation.

Josh Stuart

Date: 2014-09-07 14:39 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Theater Name (inc. title): Josh Stuart Address: Maple Grove

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): - Voice and dance lessons - Drama Club - Two years of Drama and Music in college - Currently pursuing a B.A. in Musical Theater from Rhy'Din University

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): - Numerous theater productions from grade school through college - Shanachie Theater Company - 2013/2014 Season

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No

Max Yako

Date: 2014-09-07 19:49 EST
Company Applied for:Theater

Name (inc. title): Maximillion Yako

Address: 7 Westbourne Avenue

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" Two weeks

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Graduated c.um laude from UCLA dramatic arts program.

Currently employed at the Shanachie Theater as an actor. Prior to that I'd made some movies (Goobersmack - as Charles the butler, Restless - as Sean Bohmer and So Much for Love - as Richard Cates) to name a few.

Stage acting: West Side Story - The Redding Theater in Redding CA - as both Bernardo and Riff. Grease - The Redding Theater in Redding CA - Danny Zucko and Putzy

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No

Ben Gates

Date: 2014-09-07 19:59 EST

Name (inc. title): Ben Gates, father and husband extraordinaire

Address: 213 Hummingbird LN Rhydin City Rhydin

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" Two weeks

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Graduated c.u.m. laude Juliard 2010 - Romeo Romeo & Juliet - Adrien Cronauer Good Morning Vietnam the Stage Show - Albert Peterson Bye, Bye, Birdie - Ted Adams Anything Goes

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): - Oscar Meyer T.V. Commercial - G.I. Joe T.V. Commerical - Mickey Mouse Club circa 1998 Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No.

Eregor

Date: 2014-09-08 01:43 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Theater/Repertory

Name (inc. title): Eregor

Address: Garden Tower, south of Rhy'din across from Maple Grove

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application" No. However, my wife and I are expecting our first child in late October, and I am aware of the Company's policy regarding parental leave so I wanted to be sure and mention that.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None. Although I still serve as an instructor in zoology and botany at Bristle Crios Academy, my schedule there is flexible and I can easily work around a full-time rehearsal and performance schedule with the Shanachie, as I have this past season.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): BFA in Acting from DePaul University, numerous workshops and single-semester or summer programs elsewhere

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): - (stage) Charlie Baker and Owen Musser in separate productions of "The Foreigner", Mr. Zuss in a touring production of "J.B.", Duke of Albany in "King Lear", Snug the Joiner in "A Midsummer Night's Dream", chorus in "Guys & Dolls", Perchik in "Fiddler On The Roof?, member of the Shanachie Theater Company for the 2013-2014 season - (TV) Buddy Baker in "Animal Man" (2013-2018), Elder Gale in "Sins Unforgiven" (2019-2021)* - (film) Bran Linden in "Getting Over Alyson" (2014)

Do you have any criminal convictions? No. (Being labelled as an enemy of the Cyberiad doesn't count, because that's just something that Cybermen do.)

* Time travel and alternate universes explain the dating discrepancy here.

Doran Ilnaren

Date: 2014-09-08 01:55 EST

Name (inc. title): Doran Ilnaren

Address: Stardreamer Manor

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application" Well, I just hit my teenage years so my voice is still settling, and I'm still growng.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" Two weeks.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): I've done some school shows at the Harker Academy, but no formal training.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Same as above, plus I've done a few exhibition Magic duels.

Do you have any criminal convictions? No.

Handwritten note attached - I know there's not a lot of demand for a kid onstage, but I can help out backstage too, and I'm hoping my voice figures itself out before too long so I can sing without wrecking it. Anyway, I'd love to be a part of the Shanachie if I can help anywhere.

Lorent

Date: 2014-09-08 20:34 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Theater and/or Ballet

Name (inc. title): Lorent the Hunter (or Lorent Munchhausen)

Address: 617D Marmot Row, Docks District, Rhy'Din City

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): Fit as an Ox, Strong as a Fiddle!

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed": Self Employed, good at juggling in all forms.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Nothing formal, all onsite training. 2 years with Griffon Theater, 1 year with Rez Demoria Imperial Symphony, 1 year apprenticeship with late Ser Charles Chopinhaus (former Court Jester of late King Lyon Patenaude III), 1 year apprenticeship with Suk-won So (former Court Entertainer of late Emperor Kyung-won Mun,) and various apprenticeships under other varied pro re nata theater and dance work and traveling entertainment shows (including carnivals, circuses, and gypsy caravans.)

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): All the above as well as other positions held such as 1 year with In'am Abd-Zahrah Repetory Company, Berhanu Dance Troupe, McCreedy's Burlesque Brothel Theater, and other varied short term pro re nata work. No direct work in ballet but always willing to learn.

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): Not here!

Please note - The positions offered by the Shanachie Theater are full time and salaried. Members of the Company and Band will be expected to keep to a strict rehearsal and performance schedule. Sick and holiday pay is non-negotiable and subject to duration of employment. The directorship withhold the right to terminate employment, should contractual obligations not be met.

Mairead Harker

Date: 2014-09-09 19:44 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Theater, Repertory

Name (inc. title): Mairead E. Harker

Address: Harkers' Island

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" My school has worked around my schedule so far this year, so, it should be ok to do it again!

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): 4 years of ballet lessons at New Haven Dance Academy. 1 year of piano and music theory. Several years of weapons training with blades and a staff.

Played the role of Peter Pan in New Haven Dance Academy's 2012 recital. Played Dorothy in "The Wizard of Oz" at Harker's Academy for the 2013 production. Performed as part of a magic act for Children's Day in 2012 and 2013.

2013-2014 Shanachie Theater season including the following roles: Susan Waverly in "White Christmas." Narrator Two for "Joseph and His Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat." Dorothy in "Wicked." Annie in "Annie."

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No.

Handwritten attached note: I had lots of fun working with the people at the Shanachie for last season and hope to do it again for the new one!

Yasmin

Date: 2014-09-09 23:56 EST

Name (inc. title): Yasmin

Address: I'm kinda between places at the moment. Can I say the station at WHAM! 101.1 FM' That's gonna make me sound flighty, isn't it"

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application" Well, I'm a shapeshifter, but I'm assuming that's a beneficial medical condition for this gig. No hair, makeup, or prosthetics necessary.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" Can I keep working at the station' Consider it free publicity for The Shanachie. It'll be fine.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Master/apprentice style training for stage performance.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Stage magician and other live performance roles for traveling circus. Radio station disc jockey for WHAM! 101.1 FM. Professor Vincent Harris-Fawkes in "Getting Over Alyson' 2014.

Do you have any criminal convictions? No.

Kruger

Date: 2014-09-10 02:53 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): All of the above.

Name (inc. title): Kruger 'The Anvil' Allen, Master Smith, Duelist

Address: 42 Market St. Market District, City of Rhydin

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application" No

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" I am self employed, no notice necessary.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): No formal training.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Three Years in the Duel of Fists. See Attached Video Commercial Advertisements for Red Orc Brewery See attached head shots. Able to work around Pyrotechnics without flinching. Not afraid of heights Image Credit: WWE Smackdown 2012 Gubernatorial Candidate. I'm not sure if that is acting, or the circus.

Do you have any criminal convictions? Never Convicted

Merethyl Benoit

Date: 2014-09-10 13:12 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Ballet

Name (inc. title): Merethyl Cytria

Address: Room 12a, The Green Oak Inn - I will leave a forwarding address there, should I find a more permanent residence in the next week

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): I have studied all forms of dance in various academies - details included in my cover letter

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Entertainer to four elven courts on Faerun over the past forty years

Dru Granger

Date: 2014-09-11 08:07 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Theater

Name (inc. title): Drusilla Granger

Address: Willow Manor, Maple Grove

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): A lifetime of etiquette and posture lessons; also ballet and piano instruction.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): - Shanachie Theater Company - 2013/2014 Season

A handwritten note accompanies this application: Wedding 30th October - will send you list of dates when expected to be in Rhy'Din. Invitations on the way!

Carina Cox

Date: 2014-09-12 09:14 EST

Name (inc. title): Carina Cox

Address: 743, Dragon's Heart Lane

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" One week

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Two years' study of Dramatic Arts at Westbourne College; four years study of Theater and Dramatic Arts at Rhy'Din University, culminating in a first-class honors degree

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Various college and university productions

Arandir

Date: 2014-09-12 22:54 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Any

Name (inc. title): Arandir

Address: No permanent address. (I'm new to Rhy'Din and working on finding a place to stay.)

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None (I am currently unemployed.)

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): No formal training, but was raised among elves, and as such, have learned the art of song and dance.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): See above

There was a note attached to the application which read in very neat handwriting:

To Whom It May Concern: Though I have no formal training or experience in the theater, I would kindly ask that you give me a chance to prove my worth. In addition to the art of song and dance, I also have some small magical abilities you might find useful. I am willing to take whatever job you see fit to give me, and I promise to work hard to fulfill your expectations. I thank you for your kind consideration.

Jamie Willis

Date: 2014-09-13 11:08 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Ballet

Name (inc. title): Mr James Willis

Address: 14, Devils Drive

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" Currently employed by the Shanachie Theater Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): see resume Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): see resume

Tempus Fugit

Date: 2014-09-13 22:52 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Theater & Repertory

Name (inc. title): Brendryck Alexander Stormgaard, Lord

Address: Coven Bristle Crios, there's a little tent and with it's own campfire; it's a temporary residence while I research a role.

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): Although I'm regularly perceived to be suffering several mild forms of dementia, I'm as mentally sound as any other interdimensional temporal manipulator, I suppose. Physically, I'm in the habit of sometimes waking up in a much younger or older body than I fell asleep in.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None, I'll let Future Brend deal with my employer. He'll know what to do.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Several years of theater classes across a number of Universities & institutes ....abroad; non-competitive tap training; self taught ability to play the twelve string, double throated Power-lute.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Alternatively acted and/or stage manager for a number of productions based of adaptations of Franz Kafka's works, or plays by Caryl Churchhill, and Samuel Beckett. And Shakespeare of course, though mostly my past interest has lain almost exclusively in the tragedies. To that last, I'll note that I never shirk from broadening my horizons.

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): Surprisingly, none - that I'm aware of, at least.

Mataya

Date: 2014-09-14 09:47 EST
A little note finds its way to every one of those who auditioned, direct from Mataya herself: Thank you for an absolutely awesome week of auditions! We'll be sending out the results over the next couple of days - good luck to you all, and congratulations in advance! See you soon, darlings!