Topic: Auditions 2016

Mataya

Date: 2016-08-28 09:17 EST
Applicants entering the theater by the stage door will be directed to the auditorium. In the middle of the stalls will be sat the producing directors of the theater, the director, and the musical director. At the front row is set up a lit table, from which application forms may be taken and filled out. A sign on said table requests that these forms be returned as promptly as possible.

Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band):Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer

Name (inc. title):

Address:

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details):

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed"

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any):

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any):

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details):

Please note - The positions offered by the Shanachie Theater are full time and salaried. Members of the Company and Band will be expected to keep to a strict rehearsal and performance schedule. Sick and holiday pay is non-negotiable and subject to duration of employment. The directorship withhold the right to terminate employment, should contractual obligations not be met.

The structure of the Theater Company auditions will be as follows - group warm ups, followed by individual dance, singing, and acting interviews. They will be asked to learn and repeat one dance routine, perform one pre-prepared song, and one pre-prepared scene.

Applicants for the positions in the Repertory Company will be interviewed individually. They will be asked to perform a prepared audition piece of their own choosing, and sight-read and perform a monologue chosen by the in-house director.

Applicants for positions in the Ballet Troupe will be invited back to audition with Anthony and Anastasia De Luca. There will be set pieces, as well as a solo and group audition.

((OOC Note - The Shanachie Theater Companies and House Band are intended to be a platform for players to expand their horizons among the community. Applications can be considered to be successful if made. Regular play, in forums and/or live, would be very much appreciated where time permits. Player's names will be attached to the pertinent productions in varying roles, unless they specifically state otherwise. Please note, if you are currently on the Roll Call of the Shanachie's Companies, you will need to add your details to this thread, or contact me directly, to keep that place in the Shanachie line up. In light of the last couple of years experience at this, I am also adding that should your character join the Shanachie and then do absolutely nothing - play in the rooms, post on the boards, etc - for an extended period of time, I will remove your character from the roll call.))

Neville Ashton

Date: 2016-08-28 14:50 EST
Since Neville had already been employed with the Shanachie House Band for the last four years, his application and audition were more of a formality than anything else. He was pretty sure he'd get hired for a fifth year running, but he didn't want to assume. It was better to be safe than sorry, after all.

Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band):Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer

Band (Regular)

Name (inc. title):

Neville Ashton

Address:

59 Arbor Lane Rhy'Din City Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details):

No How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed"

None/Currently employed as a cellist with the Shanachie House Band

B.A. in Music from Rhy'Din University Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Shanachie House Band Rhy'Din University Orchestra Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details):

No

Please note - The positions offered by the Shanachie Theater are full time and salaried. Members of the Company and Band will be expected to keep to a strict rehearsal and performance schedule. Sick and holiday pay is non-negotiable and subject to duration of employment. The directorship withhold the right to terminate employment, should contractual obligations not be met.

Dorian Hadley

Date: 2016-08-28 15:08 EST
Neville's twin, Dorian, wasn't far behind in submitting his own application for audition. Dorian had decided that when the Starlight Traveling Theater moved on in the fall, he wouldn't be going with them, and it was Neville who had suggested he audition for the Shanachie, now that he'd decided to remain in Rhy'Din.

For his prepared audition piece, Dorian had chosen "The Witty Nose Monologue" from Cyrano de Bergerac, complete with fake, rubber nose that unfortunately fell off toward the end of the audition.

Repertory (Regular)

Name (inc. title):

Dorian Hadley

Address:

14 Riverside Mews Rhy'Din City Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details):

Yes. Will need one night off per month due to lycanthropy. How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed"

None

No formal training Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Ten years with the Starlight Traveling Theater Company Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details):

No

Lirssa Sarengrave

Date: 2016-08-28 15:49 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Theater

Name (inc. title): Lirssa al Amat

Address: no fixed address; notifications can be left at Red Dragon Inn

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" Self employed, but two days at the most

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Trained in acrobatics, contortion, dance, and improvisation since a child. No formal training.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Played Liesl in Shanachie Theatre presentation of The Sound of Music; Guest Performer for Shanachie 2015-2016 including performances as Eponine in Les Miserables, Cinderella in Cinderella Panto, and Mayella Ewell in To Kill a Mockingbird

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No

Prepared Song:I Can't Do It Alone Prepared Scene: The Miracle Worker, by William Gibson; Annie Sullivan "The asylum' I grew up in such an asylum. The state almshouse. Rats, why my brother Jimmie and I used to play with the rats because we didn't have toys. Maybe you'd like to know what Helen will find there" not on visiting days? One ward was full of the old women. Crippled, blind, most of them dying, but even if what they had was catching there was no where else to put them, so that's where they put us. There were younger ones across the hall, prostitutes mostly, with T.B., and epileptic fits, and some of the kind who- kept after other girls, especially young ones, and some insane. Some just had the DT's. The youngest were in another ward to have babies they didn't want, started at 13,14. They'd leave afterwords but the babies stayed and we played with them too, though most had sores all over from diseases you're not supposed to talk about. The first year we had 80, 70 died. The room Jimmie and I played in was the dead house where they kept the bodies until they could dig the graves."

Josh Stuart

Date: 2016-08-28 15:59 EST
Josh had been through this enough times already to know the drill. Despite his responsibilities as Prince Consort of Tirisano, or maybe because of them, Dru had insisted he follow his own dreams and continue performing with the Shanachie, even if she did not.

For his prepared song, he had chosen "Any Dream Will Do" from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Though he had not played the lead role when the musical had run at the Shanachie, he'd had the pleasure of performing it back in Tirisano, and it had always been a favorite.

Theater (Guest)

Name (inc. title):

Josh Stuart

Address:

Rocky View King's Cove Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details):

No How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed"

None

- Voice and Dance Lessons - Drama Club - Two years of Drama and Music at Tirisano School for the Arts - Bachelor of Arts in Musical Theater from Rhydin University Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): - Numerous theater productions from grade school through university - Shanachie Theater Company - 2013-2016 Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details):

No

Arandir

Date: 2016-08-28 16:24 EST
Despite his shyness, Aran had the voice of an angel, or more accurately, the voice of an elf. Though traditionally sung as a duet in the musical, he had chosen to perform "Stranger in Paradise" from Kismet as a solo, demonstrating the uniquely lyrical quality of his voice perfectly.

Theater (Regular)

Name (inc. title):

Arandir of Ilyethlin

Address:

743 Dragon's Heart Lane Rhy'Din City Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details):

None/Currently employed with the Shanachie Theater Company

None Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Shanachie Theater Company 2014-2016 Seasons Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details):

No

Marcus Spencer

Date: 2016-08-28 16:55 EST
Marcus wasn't exactly new to the Shanachie, as he'd been working as a bartender there for a while now, but it was his first time auditioning there. Having a fondness for Shakespeare, he planned on performing "Hamlet's Soliloquy" for his prepared piece, in hopes of securing a spot with the Repertory Group.

Repertory (Regular)

Name (inc. title):

Marcus Spencer

Address: 127 Moonshine Way, Apt. 4A Rhy'Din City Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details):

Three weeks

Degree in Drama from Rhy'Din University Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Recurring guest role on the daytime soap opera Horizons. (See attached resume for complete list of previous experience.) Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details):

No

Christian Benoit

Date: 2016-08-28 17:45 EST
Christian's application and audition for the ballet were mostly a formality, not because he was a personal friend of the director, but because he'd already established himself as a principal dancer with the troupe and had worked hard in doing so. Of course, it didn't hurt that he'd received a personal invitation from Tony to join the troupe in the first place, but that did not mean it had been easy for him, as he'd struggled back from what should have been a career-ending injury.

He had chosen "Lensky's Solo" from Onegin for his performance piece, not because it was particularly difficult, but simply for its artistry and eloquence.

Ballet (Regular)

Name (inc. title):

Christian Benoit

Address: 12 Dragon Lane, Apt. B Rhy'Din City Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details):

None/Currently employed with the Shanachie Ballet Troupe.

Twelve years at the Ballet Montreal Performing Arts School; four years at Canada's National Ballet School. Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Three years with Les Grands Ballets Canadiens; five years with the National Ballet of Canada. (See resume for specifics.) Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details):

No

Yasmin

Date: 2016-08-28 22:24 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Theater or Repertory

Name (inc. title): Yasmin

Address: Please send all fan mail to: DJ Zazzy Yas, WHAM! 101.1FM Studio, Marketplace District, Rhydin.

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application" Shapeshifter. No hair, makeup, or prosthetics necessary. How awesome!

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" How much notice do I have to give you?

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Master/apprentice style training for stage performance.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Current radio station disc jockey for WHAM! 101.1 FM. Previous member of the Shanachie Theater "Theater Company' Seasons 2014-2015 and 2015-2016. Roxanne Ware in "Yas"Min Nights"....I mean, "Rhy"Din Nights" 2016. Professor Vincent Harris-Fawkes in "Getting Over Alyson' 2014.

Do you have any criminal convictions" None that I am aware of... Like the other applicants, Yas was asked to perform one dance routine, one song, and one scene. She probably should have went with a song and dance from a musical and a scene from a play, but since when did Yas ever do anything she was supposed to do"

Wanting to stand out with an awesome dance song, she chose Beyonce's "Single Ladies", performing her own dance routine to show off her flexibility and dancing styles, incorporating everything from ballet twirls to gymnastic flips. She then sang her own version of Heart's "Alone". She thought it would be good to showcase her own vocals as the song had long notes, upper and mid belts, dynamic contrast, and a rougher rock vocal texture. Lastly, she gave an unconventional monologue as Dory from "Finding Nemo" because if anyone could pull off a ditzy, blue, animated character " It was Yas.

"No' no, you can't' STOP! "Please don't go away. "Please?" No one's ever stuck with me for so long before. And if you leave" If you leave" I just " I remember things better with you. I do. Look! P. Sherman, forty two' ugh' forty' two' ugh. I remember it. I do. It's there. I, I know it is because when I look at you, I can feel it, and I" I look at you and" I'm home...?

HarperMelle

Date: 2016-08-28 23:28 EST
Harper hunched over the kitchen table, daring herself to fill out the form. Behind her, Yuna perched on the counter, swinging her legs back and forth as she tried to subdue a growing smirk. Harper tried not to look at her. Name, that was easy. She could do this. Then she froze, pen stabbing the air. Yuna jumped off the counter and leaned over her shoulder, snorting.

"State of health, huh' What're you gonna write for that?" Harper chewed on her lip, unconsciously drawing the collar of her sweater tighter around her neck to hide the white scars peeking above the fabric.

"Monthly absences needed for doctor's visits?" Harper scribbled quickly across the form, but Yuna grabbed the pen from her hands and crossed it out. She tugged playfully on the end of Harper's ponytail.

"Yeah, right. Midnight visits to Dr. Moon. I'm sure they'll love that." Avery padded into the kitchen, fixing them each with her customary frown like they could be doing nothing but causing trouble if she wasn't there to supervise.

"They'll like it more than a wolf in a tutu rampaging through the audience." She snatched the pen from Yuna's grasp and scribbled over her writing, adding in her own warning.

"Not available for evening shows during full moons. Best be specific, Harpy. They should know what they're getting into."

"Yeah, but do I know what I'm getting into?" Harper shoved them both away and leaned protectively over the form to finish completing it.

Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Ballet, any position offered!

Name (inc. title): Harper Melle

Address: Out of town. I can be reached at the Red Dragon Inn.

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): Yes, not available for evening shows during full moons. If there are any concerns regarding this, I would be happy to elaborate.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" N/A

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Cecchetti Examinations through Diploma (Pass Highly Commended), ABT Summer Intensive Program for 3 years, and 10 years of Vagonova training, including Character. Previous instruction in tap, jazz, and lyrical.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Student and Principle Dancer at The Dance Conservatory of Mohegan for 3 years.

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): N/A

Harper kept to herself as she warmed up, scrunching down into her oversized sweatshirt and puffy legwarmers. She hoped, counter-productively enough, that the more bundled up she was, the less other prospective company members would notice her. Something in her feared they could sense that she didn't belong, that if they saw the long claw marks wrapping across her chest they'd know. She felt like a sheep hidden among wolves, and the irony in that was palpable even to her.

But there was something calming in the ritual of warming up. The tying of toe shoes was like arming for battle. The meticulous stretch of toes then arches then ankles, working up her body till she felt herself again, was like waking from a dream. The music blasting through her earbuds pulsed through her blood. She had been nervous about the variation, more used to dancing the sweet, na've, lilting parts like your Juliets and Auroras. But Kitri burst like fireworks to the face, unapologetic and impossible to ignore. What had Percy said about the variation"

"Short, sweet, and fiery. Just like you if they'd get to know you." Harper smiled to herself and shed her layers of sweaters. It was her turn to dance and there could be no more hiding.

She leapt from the wings, bursting forth like sun from the clouds. At first, her smile was practiced and carefully placed. But as she leapt and spun, she felt herself unwind till at the end of her string of turns she was laughing and gasping for breath. Regardless of the results, it was good to be home on the stage.

Cataclysmic

Date: 2016-08-29 12:31 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Theater / Repertory

Name (inc. title): Belle Gallows

Address: 127 Honey Lane Apt #4

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" 2 weeks preferred

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): High School Drama Club member

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Supporting Role of Cynthia Ware in the film Rhy'Din Nights

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No

Prepared Song: Mama Who Bore Me - Spring Awakening Prepared Scene: From Smile Pretty, Alice Anita talking to her friend about how she knows she has cheated on her husband in the past.

"Smile pretty, Alice. We both know one thing"the truth. We both know what you've done. We both know. Your poor husband, a good man at that, will never come to realize what a louse you truly are. A real whore is what you are!

You think it was okay to spread your legs for that other fellow" You think it was excusable" Have you rationalized it to yourself and justified it in the face of God" You call yourself a holy woman! Baaaash!!!

It's okay. I know you are not in a happy marriage. Smile pretty, Alice. Smile like the world shines for you. Smile as if it were okay to shame a man, yourself and your children. They should only know the real you. I hope the day never comes when the truth is told. It will not be from my lips but it will be told."

Kiri Calderon

Date: 2016-08-29 12:55 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Repertory (Guest)

Name (inc. title): Miss Kiri Calderon

Address: 127 Moonshine Way, Apt. 4A Rhy'Din City

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" Negotiable

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): No formal training

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Several years' experience in television (see attached resume for details)

The stage seemed a lot bigger when you were standing on it, Kiri realized. She'd never even walked on a stage, much less performed on one, and here she was, attempting to audition for a guest space in the Shanachie's illustrious line up. It was mildly horrifying, and incredibly exhilarating, all at once, even if the veteran director had turned his nose up at her the second he'd noticed she didn't have any training or stage experience.

But she had Marcus, and he had worked with her on her prepared speech. It was not a monologue typically performed by women, but Shylock's angry speech from Act 3 of The Merchant of Venice was dramatic gold. She could only hope she did it justice.

"To bait fish withal. If it will feed nothing else, it will feed my revenge. He hath disgraced me and hindered me half a million, laughed at my losses, mocked at my gains, scorned my nation, thwarted my bargains, cooled my friends, heated mine enemies"and what?s his reason' I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes" Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions" Fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer as a Christian is" If you prick us, do we not bleed" If you tickle us, do we not laugh' If you poison us, do we not die" And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge" If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that. If a Jew wrong a Christian, what is his humility' Revenge. If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be by Christian example" Why, revenge. The villainy you teach me I will execute?and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction."

Jamie Willis

Date: 2016-08-29 13:01 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Ballet (Regular)

Name (inc. title): James Willis

Address: 14, Devils Drive

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" Currently employed by the Shanachie Theater

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): see resume

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): see resume

An old hand at this by now, Jamie was prepared with a variation from the grande pas de deux from act 3 of Sleeping Beauty.

Carina Cox

Date: 2016-08-29 13:12 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Theater (Regular)

Name (inc. title): Carina Cox

Address: 743, Dragon's Heart Lane

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None - currently employed at the Shanachie Theater Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Two years' study of Dramatic Arts at Westbourne College; four years study of Theater and Dramatic Arts at Rhy'Din University, culminating in a first-class honors degree

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Various college and university productions; Shanachie Repertory Company member 2014-2016

Though last year's audition for the Theater Company had been a minor disaster, despite her being transferred over in January, Carina felt far more confident this year. Confident enough, in fact, to perform a song that was far more challenging to her than others might have realized - Defying Gravity. And for her prepared speech' She went with something comedic - Mrs. Allonby's monologue from A Woman of No Importance. The dancing was more fun than anything, a group effort to be enjoyed while trying not to compare herself to the others auditioning around her.

Merethyl Benoit

Date: 2016-08-29 13:20 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Ballet

Name (inc. title): Merethyl Cytria

Address: 12 Dragon Lane, Apt. B

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): I have studied all forms of dance in various academies - details included in my resume

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Entertainer to four elven courts on Faerun over the past eighty years; principale danseuse with the Shanachie Classical Ballet Troupe 2014-2016

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): None

Prepared variation: Ondine

Consonance

Date: 2016-08-29 14:46 EST
Despite his surprise (to him) appearance in Rhy'Din Nights, truly an actor Asher Price was not. And so his true love, music, pushed him into applying.

Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band):Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer Band - Regular

Name (inc. title): Sir Asher L. Price, esq. (Just kidding, it's just Asher Price)

Address: Southgate Boarding House, Room 6 Rhydin City

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" N/A

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Graduate - Wooroonooran School of Performing Arts, Cairns, QLD, Australia Focus - Musical Theory & Guitar Performance

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): 4 years of schooling plus performances with 3 separate bands over the past 10 years along with several solo stints. Performance experience with Rhydin Nights, the movie.

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): Not in Rhydin. Several misdemeanors on Earth, no felonies. I was young and stupid but I'm glad to elaborate if needed.

Armed with his guitar and his practically trademarked cheekiness, Asher came prepared to play Johann Sebastian Bach's Chaconne from Partita No. 2, which despite being originally written for violin, was one of Asher's favorites to play.

Josette Wheeler

Date: 2016-08-29 16:43 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band):Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer Ballet

Name (inc. title): Josette Wheeler

Address: Currently picking up any mail at the Red Dragon Inn Rhydin City

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" Currently employed with the Shanachie Theater

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Studied classical ballet from a young age at the ballet school of the Op"ra national de Paris before joining the company.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Former member of the Paris Opera Ballet Company. (See Resume) Currently a principal dancer with the Shanachie Ballet 2015-2016.

Far less nervous than last year, though never one to take her position in the company for granted, Josette found herself savoring the audition process so much more this time around. The initial fear of returning to ballet after her illness no longer had a strangle hold on her senses and she could appreciate the budding anticipation in the air that much more. Looking back, her audition from the previous year felt like one big nerve-racking blur, till she stepped on the Shanachie's stage for the first time and the rest of the world fell away.

This year, there was simply a healthy dose of butterflies around the excitement of a new season. Warm smiles of encouragement were given to her fellow company members, as well as any potential hopefuls during warm up, for she knew all too well what a nerve wracking process auditions could be when the pressure was on.

For her solo piece, she selected a variation from Le Corsaire https://www.youtube.com/watch"v=W0Ar-ZSITXc

Malena

Date: 2016-08-29 16:45 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band):Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer Band - Regular

Name (inc. title): Malena Blake

Address: No fixed abode - can be reached through Rhy'Din General Morgue

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Seven years kit drumming tuition, two summers orchestra percussion camp

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Main drummer for 3 bands, playing a variety of genres - jazz, rock, classical, etc

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): Not in this lifetime

The sight of a petite, skinny female seating herself down amidst the percussion section of the pit was enough to give the Musical Director a chance for a double take. Mal was cocky enough not to have prepared anything, playing her way confidently through an improvised performance of her skills with the kit, before paying attention to the music given to her to display her talents on the mallet pieces. She might have to start dressing more appropriately if she got this job, but hey, it would enable her to get an actual address for the first time in years, right?

Kruger

Date: 2016-08-29 18:22 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Repertory

Name (inc. title): Aristotle Kruger Allen

Address: Please send notice to Kruger's Exotic Weapons Armor & Leather.

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" Call me, I'm there.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): 2014-2016 performing with The Shanachie Repertory.

Please note - The positions offered by the Shanachie Theater are full time and salaried. Members of the Company and Band will be expected to keep to a strict rehearsal and performance schedule. Sick and holiday pay is non-negotiable and subject to duration of employment. The directorship withhold the right to terminate employment, should contractual obligations not be met..

Kruger didn't come in dressed for action this season. He instead turned up dressed in street clothes. These readings were beginning to become second nature to him. He'd faced worse, at least dying on stage still affords you the ability to walk back off again. He acknowledged both John and Ludo with a familiar smile and a wave as though he were passing them in a park. "For my prepared piece, I'll be performing as Sean from Good Will Hunting." He handed the copy to Jon and then sat down looking to his left like someone was there.

"Thought about what you said to me the other day, about my painting. Stayed up half the night thinking about it. Something occurred to me....fell into a deep peaceful sleep, and haven't thought about you since. Do you know what occurred to me?"

"No."

"You're just a kid, you don't have the faintest idea what you're talkin' about."

"Why thank you."

"It's all right. You've never been out of Boston."

"Nope."

"So if I asked you about art, you'd probably give me the skinny on every art book ever written. Michelangelo, you know a lot about him. Life's work, political aspirations, him and the pope, sexual orientations, the whole works, right' But I'll bet you can't tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. You've never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling; seen that. If I ask you about women, you'd probably give me a syllabus about your personal favorites. You may have even been laid a few times. But you can't tell me what it feels like to wake up next to a woman and feel truly happy. You're a tough kid. And I'd ask you about war, you'd probably throw Shakespeare at me, right, "once more unto the breach dear friends." But you've never been near one. You've never held your best friend's head in your lap, watch him gasp his last breath looking to you for help. I'd ask you about love, you'd probably quote me a sonnet. But you've never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable. Known someone that could level you with her eyes, feeling like God put an angel on earth just for you. Who could rescue you from the depths of hell. And you wouldn't know what it's like to be her angel, to have that love for her, be there forever, through anything, through cancer. And you wouldn't know about sleeping sitting up in the hospital room for two months, holding her hand, because the doctors could see in your eyes, that the terms "visiting hours" don't apply to you. You don't know about real loss, 'cause it only occurs when you've loved something more than you love yourself. And I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much. And look at you....I don't see an intelligent, confident man....I see a cocky, scared shitless kid. But you're a genius Will. No one denies that. No one could possibly understand the depths of you. But you presume to know everything about me because you saw a painting of mine, and you ripped my fucking life apart. You're an orphan right?"

" You think I know the first thing about how hard your life has been, how you feel, who you are, because I read Oliver Twist' Does that encapsulate you? Personally....I don't give a shit about all that, because you know what, I can't learn anything from you, I can't read in some fuckin' book. Unless you want to talk about you, who you are. Then I'm fascinated. I'm in. But you don't want to do that do you sport' You're terrified of what you might say. Your move, chief."

Kruger rose and left the invisible Will sitting there, staying away only a few moments before returning to get his copy for the sight reading that Ludo and Jon had for him.

Sabine

Date: 2016-08-31 00:02 EST
Company Applied for: Theater, however I would be interested in other areas of performance.

Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer

Name (inc. title): Sabine Gabrielle

Address: 3 Battle Park Lane, Rhydin City

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed": A few days. Last minute performances may be accepted.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Guitar Lessons, Dance lesson (2 years of formal training) with years of experience in ballet, contemporary, ballroom, and hip-hop.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Brand Ambassador for Baroness Beauty which includes modeling, commercial acting, public speaking, and hosting of events.

Prepared Song: Still Hurting - (The Last 5 Years)

( Voice is similar to: http://tinyurl.com/jzy32xx)

Prepared Scene:Mrs. Arbuthnot's monologue from A Woman of No Importance by Oscar Wilde

( http://tinyurl.com/guhuua6 begins at 2:42 )

https://66.media.tumblr.com/46e6278447eed799372b0f3711ca98a8/tumblr_ocs9bnXnkz1u228rdo1_1280.jpg

Eregor

Date: 2016-08-31 01:11 EST
Company Applied for: Theater (regular) / Repertory (guest)

Name (inc. title): Eregor T"r Gaird"n

Address: Gardenhome, on the road just south of Rhy'din

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application" No.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): BFA in Acting from DePaul University, numerous workshops and single-semester or summer programs elsewhere (including two years at the Imperial Terran Academy's musical theater graduate program and a double-semester course in stage combat)

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): (film) Bran Linden, Getting Over Alyson released 2014; Ryan Connelly, Rhy'Din Nights, 2016; (TV) Buddy Baker, Animal Man 2013-2018; Elder Gale, Sins Unforgiven 2019-2021; (stage) various roles on straight drama and musicals on Earth and other worlds, too many to list here; member of the Shanachie Theater Company 2013-2016

Do you have any criminal convictions" No.

For his Theater Company audition, Eregor started off with a short but impassioned monologue by John Adams that opened the musical 1776.

"I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a congress. And by God, I have had this Congress! For ten years King George and his Parliament have gulled, cullied, and diddled these Colonies with their illegal taxes — Stamp Acts, Townshend Acts, Sugar Acts, Tea Acts — and when we dared stand up like men they stopped our trade, seized our ships, blockaded our ports, burned our towns, and spilled our blood — and still this Congress refuses to grant any of my proposals on Independence even so much as the courtesy of open debate! Good God, what in hell are they waiting for?"

His prepared song came from the musical Jekyll & Hyde and he revelled in the opportunity to portray two disparate characters in one song, starting calm and building into a fierce Confrontation.

——-

Although he had made his mark at the Shanachie as a musical performer, Eregor still had a love for the unsung stage. So he added his name to the Repertory audition lists....preparing, with a touch of irony, Mozart's speech extolling the virtues of song over prose theatre, from Amadeus. Before starting, he asked pardon for the initial profanity. "To the character, I will be true." Then he cleared his throat, and began.

"I don't understand you! You're all up on perches but it doesn't hide your arseholes! You don't give a **** about gods and heroes! If you're honest - each one of you - which of you isn't more at home with his hairdress than Hercules" Or Horatius" Or your stupid Danaius come to that! Or mine - mine! Idomeneo, King of Crete! All those anguished antuques are all bores! Bores, bores, bores!

All serious operas written this century are boring! (laughs vigorusly) Look at us! Four gaping mouths. What a perfect quartet! I'd love to write it - just this second of time, this now, as you are! Herr Chamberlain thinking 'Impertinent Mozart: I must speak to the Emperor at once!' Herr Prefect thinking 'Ignorant Mozart: debasing opera with his vulgarity!' Herr Court Composer thinking 'German Mozart: what can he finally know about music"' And Herr Mozart himself, in the middle, thinking 'I'm just a good fellow. Why do they all disapprove of me?' That's why opera is important, Baron. Because it's realer than any play! A dramatic poet would have to put all those thoughts down one after another just to represent this second of time. The composer can put them all down at once - and still make us hear each one of them. Astonishing device: a Vocal Quartet! ....I tell you I want to write a finale lasting half and hour! A quartet becoming a quintet becoming a sextet. On and on, wider and wider - all sounds multiplying and rising together - and the together creating a sound entierly new!

.....I bet you that's how God hears the world: millions of sounds ascending at once and mixing in His ear to become an unending music, unimaginable to us! That's our job! That's our job, we composers: to combine the inner minds of him and him and him and her and her - the thoughts of chambermaids and Court Composers - and turn the audience into God. (blows a raspberry and giggles) I'm sorry. I talk nonsense all day: it's incurable - ask Stanzerl. My tounge is stupid Baron. My heart isn't."

Doran Ilnaren

Date: 2016-09-01 23:32 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Theater/Repertory (guest performer), Band (guest flute)

Name (inc. title): Doran Ilnaren

Address: Stardreamer Manor, north of Rhy'din past New Haven

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application" No.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Participant in the Shanachie STARS program since September 2015

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Guest performer for both the Theater and Repertory Companies 2014-2016

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No.

prepared song: "Corner of the Sky" from Pippin

prepared monologue: "I think lunchtime is about the worst time of day for me", Charlie Brown, You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown

"I think lunchtime is about the worst time of day for me. Always having to sit here alone. Of course, sometimes, mornings aren't so pleasant either. Waking up and wondering if anyone would really miss me if I never got out of bed. Then there's the night, too. Lying there and thinking about all the stupid things I've done during the day. And all those hours in between when I do all those stupid things. Well, lunchtime is among the worst times of the day for me. Well, I guess I'd better see what I've got. Peanut butter. Some psychiatrists say that people who eat peanut butter sandwiches are lonely...I guess they're right. And when you're really lonely, the peanut butter sticks to the roof of your mouth. There's that cute little red-headed girl eating her lunch over there. I wonder what she would do if I went over and asked her if I could sit and have lunch with her"...She'd probably laugh right in my face...it's hard on a face when it gets laughed in. There's an empty place next to her on the bench. There's no reason why I couldn't just go over and sit there. I could do that right now. All I have to do is stand up...I'm standing up!...I'm sitting down. I'm a coward. I'm so much of a coward, she wouldn't even think of looking at me. She hardly ever does look at me. In fact, I can't remember her ever looking at me. Why shouldn't she look at me" Is there any reason in the world why she shouldn't look at me" Is she so great, and I'm so small, that she can't spare one little moment"...SHE'S LOOKING AT ME!! SHE'S LOOKING AT ME!! (he puts his lunchbag over his head.) ...Lunchtime is among the worst times of the day for me. If that little red-headed girl is looking at me with this stupid bag over my head she must think I'm the biggest fool alive. But, if she isn't looking at me, then maybe I could take it off quickly and she'd never notice it. On the other hand...I can't tell if she's looking, until I take it off! Then again, if I never take it off I'll never have to know if she was looking or not. On the other hand...it's very hard to breathe in here. (he removes his sack) Whew! She's not looking at me! I wonder why she never looks at me? Oh well, another lunch hour over with...only 2,863 to go."

Mairead Harker

Date: 2016-09-02 01:48 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Theater and Repertory. Would like to continue to be a guest performer.

Name (inc. title): Miss Mairead Harker

Address: Harkers' Island

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details):

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" I'm currently a middle school level student at Harker's Academy. My school works with me regarding my theater schedule and volunteer activities including visiting and helping with activities at the children's wing of Riverview Clinic.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Music theory, dance (including ballet, and tap), gymnastics training, and weapons training.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Acted in school plays, dance recitals recitals, member of the Shanachie STARS, and several years as a guest performer at the Shanachie Theater.

Maggie's prepared song was "Rise" by Katy Perry. (( This version is more tailored to Maggie's vocal style.))

Her chosen monologue was from the character Emily in "Our Town."

(softly, more in wonder than in grief) I can't bear it. They're so young and beautiful. Why did they ever have to get old" Mama, I'm here. I'm grown up. I love you all, everything. - I cant look at everything hard enough. (pause, talking to her mother who does not hear her. She speaks with mounting urgency) Oh, Mama, just look at me one minute as though you really saw me. Mama, fourteen years have gone by. I'm dead. You're a grandmother, Mama. I married George Gibbs, Mama. Wally's dead, too. Mama, his appendix burst on a camping trip to North Conway. We felt just terrible about it - don't you remember" But, just for a moment now we're all together. Mama, just for a moment we're happy. Let's look at one another. (pause, looking desperate because she has received no answer. She speaks in a loud voice, forcing herself to not look at her mother) I can't. I can't go on. It goes so fast. We don't have time to look at one another. (she breaks down sobbing, she looks around) I didn't realize. All that was going on in life and we never noticed. Take me back - up the hill - to my grave. But first: Wait! One more look. Good-by, Good-by, world. Good-by, Grover's Corners" Mama and Papa. Good-bye to clocks ticking" and Mama's sunflowers. And food and coffee. And new-ironed dresses and hot baths" and sleeping and waking up. Oh, earth, you're too wonderful for anybody to realize you. (she asks abruptly through her tears) Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it' - every, every minute" (she sighs) I'm ready to go back. I should have listened to you. That's all human beings are! Just blind people.

KhaoticBliss

Date: 2016-09-02 16:23 EST
https://66.media.tumblr.com/26c878bc0df7aad8929e84b3c66cbfab/tumblr_ocw4c4SG4P1v05l6no1_540.jpg

Saila needed a job. Most everybody seemed to think so, at least: funny how you find yourself following sound advice even if you haven't talked to ...any' of the people who gave it in awhile. She'd gone on a couple of different job hunts, but it was hard to know what to apply for when you really had no idea what you were good at, when you could be good at almost anything given the right person in front of you and about five minutes" warning.

The purple haired girl had learned to check the bulletin board at the Red Dragon over by the mailboxes from that guy Jeremy, and she'd been doing so pretty regularly ever since. Every time she checked for mail, anyway, which tended to be at least once a week. It was there that she saw the flyer announcing the Shanachie Theater auditions, and as soon as she figured out what an audition was, an idea began to form.

Well, why not' She'd seen a performance of To Kill A Mockingbird there back in July, and once she'd understood what was going on, she'd enjoyed it thoroughly. Saila had no inhibitions, no self consciousness, and her modelling stints for Fashion Week and the more recent Wedding Faire and Expo had taught her that she didn't have stage fright, either. Even her experiences running the Kiss and Tell Booth for Carnaval de la Vie during Beltane had proven that she could play to a crowd and make everyone feel welcome with the best of them, even in trying circumstances. So' why not' The only part that gave her pause was wondering whether "acting" counted as "lying". After some careful consideration, and maybe a little practice, the girl determined that repeating someone else's words wasn't at all the same. She could do it.

And anyway, wasn't tapping into another person's emotions the very thing she was best at'

All that was left, then, was to find her way to the theater so she could fill out the application, then put together the prepared pieces she needed for the actual audition.

Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band):Theater and Repertory (regular)

Name (inc. title): Saila

Address: please direct any mail to Room 313, Red Dragon Inn

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): nothing formal. "self taught" in voice, guitar, piano

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): modeling for Rhydin Fashion Week and the Wedding Faire and Expo, ran the Kiss and Tell Booth at Carnaval de la Vie for a week during Beltane

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No.

Several hours and a crash course in musical theater history later, Saila chose a monologue and a song from the same play, Heathers, the Musical. For the spoken piece, she delivered a strong Veronica Sawyer with the kind of overblown sarcasm and jaded ennui that only a sullen, misfit teenager could really muster:

My parents wanted to move me into high school out of the sixth grade, but we decided to chuck the idea because I'd have trouble making friends, blah, blah, blah. Now blah, blah, blah is all I ever do. I use my grand IQ to decide what color lip gloss to wear in the morning and how to hit three keggers before curfew" Betty Finn was a true friend and I sold her out for a bunch of Swatch dogs and Diet Coke heads. Killing Heather would be like offing the wicked witch of the west' wait east. West! God! I sound like a **** psycho".Dear Diary: Heather told me she teaches people 'real life." She said, real life sucks losers dry. You want to **** with the eagles, you have to learn to fly. I said, so, you teach people how to spread their wings and fly' She said, yes. I said, you're beautiful. Source

The song she chose was Fight For Me. It made her smile, and put her in mind of the night she first met a certain someone. Why when you see boys fight does it look so horrible Yet feel so right I shouldn't watch this crap that's not who I am but for this kid damn

Hey, Mr. No name kid Say who might you be? And could you fight for me Hey could you face the crowd could you be seen with me and still act proud Hey could you hold my hand and could carry me through no mans land It's fine if you don't agree but I would fight for you if you would fight for me

Let them drive us underground I don't care how far You can set my broken bones and I know CPR

Well, woah, you can punch real good You've lasted longer than I thought you would So hey, Mr. No Name Kid If some night you're free Wanna fight for me" If you're still alive I would fight for you If you would fight for me

Annabeth Caldwell

Date: 2016-09-03 01:16 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band):Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer Repertory (regular)

Name (inc. title): Ms. Annabeth Caldwell

Address: 5 Gnome Crest Road, Old Temple, Rhy'din.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): I studied Drama at East Tennessee State University for four years and graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Performing Arts.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): I have been acting in amateur theatre since I was four years old (this includes musicals). I have also written scripts that have been produced for amateur theater since high school. I have also had bit parts in radio and local television commercials after graduation.

Shanachie Repertory Company 2015-2016 season.

Jaqueline Ross Rhy'din Nights 2016

Her chosen piece was selected Lizzie Curry quotes from "The Rainmaker" by N. Richard Nash.

Arlene James

Date: 2016-09-03 13:49 EST
Applicants entering the theater by the stage door will be directed to the auditorium. In the middle of the stalls will be sat the producing directors of the theater, the director, and the musical director. At the front row is set up a lit table, from which application forms may be taken and filled out. A sign on said table requests that these forms be returned as promptly as possible.

Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band):Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer: Band - regular, theater & repertory - regular/guest (either is fine)

Name (inc. title): Arlene Rae James

Address: Box at the Pewter Leaf - address scribbled down.

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No - unless I'm required to sleep on set.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" Two days.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Trained in a couple instruments like piano, guitar, and some percussion work. No formal acting.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Band and theater in high school. No formal, paid band or theater work.

When interviewed for a scene, she chose to perform a scene from My Fair Lady in which Eliza is practicing with Henry Higgins "the rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain" and a brief rendition of the song "Just You Wait," in which Eliza is envisioning ways to harm or kill Mr. Higgins from all her speech tutoring.

Tempus Fugit

Date: 2016-09-04 01:10 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Repertory & Theatre (Regular), Band (Guest)

Name (inc. title): Lord Brendryck Alexander Stormgaard

Address: A sleeping bag beneath patch of overgrown shrubbery outside Reilly Industries, specifically the WHAM! 101.1FM Studio, Marketplace District, Rhydin.

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No. However, due to maintaining a fictitious persona for just over 20 years, I do sometimes appear to be either a caricature of himself, or a person suffering from waxing dementia.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None. I've been doing part time janitorial at Reilly, but I have to sneak in after hours with a key I had cut from the last time I worked there. So technically, I'm not even on payroll.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Several years of theater classes across a number of Universities & institutes abroad; non-competitive tap training; self taught ability to play the twelve string, double throated Power-lute (by extension, double/multi neck electric guitar), and piano.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Alternatively acted and/or stage manager for a number of productions based of adaptations of Franz Kafka's works, or plays by Caryl Churchhill, and Samuel Beckett. And Shakespeare of course, though mostly my past interest has lain almost exclusively in the tragedies. To that last, I'll note that I never shirk from broadening my horizons. Also, my Antony from Julius Caesar was the toast of Rivendell.

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No convictions, but the jury's out on several cases. Literally.

Brend was in the zone for the auditions. When not actively being judged, his demeanor was impossible to read, but when performing he came to life.

When the chance arose, he belted out a medley of Blue's Traveler's Hook, Michael Jackson's Don't Stop Til You Get Enough, and his own version of American folk song, Fare Thee Well Without missing a beat, literal or metaphor - who can tell at this stage - he slipped into his dance number, set to Sinatra's I Won't Dance.

For better or worse, his monologue was lifted from Julius Caesar, but modified to substitute 'Rhydin' and/or 'Rhydinian' for Roman/Romans. He did it twice, first in the original Klingon.