Topic: Auditions 2017

Mataya

Date: 2017-09-08 09:34 EST
Applicants entering the theater by the stage door will be directed to the auditorium. In the middle of the stalls will be sat the producing directors of the theater, the director, and the musical director. At the front row is set up a lit table, from which application forms may be taken and filled out. A sign on said table requests that these forms be returned as promptly as possible.

Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band):Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer

Name (inc. title):

Address:

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details):

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed"

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any):

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any):

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details):

Please note - The positions offered by the Shanachie Theater are full time and salaried. Members of the Company and Band will be expected to keep to a strict rehearsal and performance schedule. Sick and holiday pay is non-negotiable and subject to duration of employment. The directorship withhold the right to terminate employment, should contractual obligations not be met.

The structure of the Theater Company auditions will be as follows - group warm ups, followed by individual dance, singing, and acting interviews. They will be asked to learn and repeat one dance routine, perform one pre-prepared song, and one pre-prepared scene.

Applicants for the positions in the Repertory Company will be interviewed individually. They will be asked to perform a prepared audition piece of their own choosing, and sight-read and perform a monologue chosen by the in-house director.

Applicants for positions in the Ballet Troupe will be invited back to audition with Anthony and Anastasia De Luca. There will be set pieces, as well as a solo and group audition.

((OOC Note - The Shanachie Theater Companies and House Band are intended to be a platform for players to expand their horizons among the community. Applications can be considered to be successful if made. Regular play, in forums and/or live, would be very much appreciated where time permits. Player's names will be attached to the pertinent productions in varying roles, unless they specifically state otherwise. Please note, if you are currently on the Roll Call of the Shanachie's Companies, you will need to add your details to this thread, or contact me directly, to keep that place in the Shanachie line up. In light of the last couple of years experience at this, I am also adding that should your character join the Shanachie and then do absolutely nothing - play in the rooms, post on the boards, etc - for an extended period of time, I will remove your character from the roll call. New Note - given that the band experiment yielded little to no opportunity for people to write, they are not included in the auditions this year. However, if you have a place in the band you wish to keep, or would like to join the band, please drop me a PM. Love ya!))

Josh Stuart

Date: 2017-09-08 11:19 EST
For his audition, Josh will be performing "Gethsemane" from Jesus Christ Superstar.

Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer

Theater (Guest)

Name (inc. title):

Josh Stuart

Address: Rocky View, King's Cove Rhy'Din Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details):

No How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" Two weeks Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): - Voice and Dance Lessons - Drama Club - Two years of Drama and Music at Tirisano School for the Arts - Bachelor of Arts in Musical Theater from Rhydin University

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): - Numerous theater productions from grade school through university - Shanachie Theater Company - 2013-2017

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details):

No

Dorian Hadley

Date: 2017-09-08 11:28 EST
For his audition, Dorian will be performing "One Song Glory" from Rent.

Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer

Theater (Regular)

Name (inc. title):

Dorian Hadley

Address: 14 Riverside Mews Rhy'Din City Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details):

Yes - Will need one night off per month due to lycanthropy.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None (Currently employed with the Shanachie Theater Company.) Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): No formal training

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): - Ten years with the Starlight Traveling Theater Company - Shanachie Repertory & Theater Companies - 2016-2017

No

Marcus Spencer

Date: 2017-09-08 11:32 EST
For his audition, Marcus will be performing Othello's Monologue from Othello, Act I, Scene 3.

Repertory (Regular)

Name (inc. title):

Marcus Spencer

Address: 127 Moonshine Way, Apt. 4A Rhy'Din City Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details):

No

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None (Currently employed with the Shanachie Repertory Company.) Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Degree in Drama from Rhy'Din University

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): - Recurring guest role on the daytime soap opera Horizons. - Shanachie Repertory Company - 2016-2017 (See attached resume for complete list of previous experience.)

No

Christian Benoit

Date: 2017-09-08 11:35 EST
For his audition, Christian will be performing Albrecht's Variation, from Giselle, Act II.

Ballet (Regular)

Name (inc. title):

Christian Benoit

Address: 12 Dragon Lane, Apt. B Rhy'Din City Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details):

No

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None/Currently employed with the Shanachie Ballet Troupe. Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Twelve years at the Ballet Montreal Performing Arts School; four years at Canada's National Ballet School.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Three years with Les Grands Ballets Canadiens; five years with the National Ballet of Canada. (See resume for specifics.)

No

KhaoticBliss

Date: 2017-09-08 12:32 EST
Though scarce in the break between performances, Saila appeared for the audition, of course. Her performance was A Fine, Fine Line from Avenue Q.

Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band):

Theater (regular), willing to guest in Repertory as well

Name (inc. title):

Saila Defortes

Address:

372 Colfax Rd. Apt #2-B, Rhydin City, Rhydin (Dockside)

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details):

No

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed"

None. Currently employed...here"

RCCA Classes Levels 100 -200. Currently in level 300.

Shenachie Theater Company Regular 2016 - 2017

What's a criminal conviction' No'

Please note - The positions offered by the Shanachie Theater are full time and salaried. Members of the Company and Band will be expected to keep to a strict rehearsal and performance schedule. Sick and holiday pay is non-negotiable and subject to duration of employment. The directorship withhold the right to terminate employment, should contractual obligations not be met.

Consonance

Date: 2017-09-08 14:20 EST
Wearing black slacks, a white short sleeved button down, a black tie, and a name tag declaring him Elder Price. With a straight face, his audition piece was "I Believe" from The Book of Mormon.

Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band):Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer Theater - Regular

Name (inc. title): Asher Price

Address: Southgate Boarding House, Room 6 Rhydin City

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): Negative

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" N/A

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Graduate - Wooroonooran School of Performing Arts, Cairns, QLD, Australia Focus - Musical Theory & Guitar Performance

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): 4 years of schooling plus performances with 3 separate bands over the past 10 years along with several solo stints. Performance experience with Rhydin Nights, the movie. 1 year with Shanachie House Band ('16-'17)

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): None in Rhydin. Misdemeanor criminal mischief when I was a youngin, nothing major, no felonies.

DemiBob

Date: 2017-09-08 16:23 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band):

Guest performer for the theater. I am a busy Bob, but it would be a tragedy if I didn't share my skills with the city at least once.

Name (inc. title):

Bob, drr.

Address:

Uh, this one's complicated. I'm sort of between places at the moment. I mean, I *have* a place, but it's being moved into position above — well, let's just say I'm waiting for things to be setup. I'm pretty easy to reach though.

Yes. I am what you primitive people call "a tentacled demibeast", but I implore you to not let that affect anything. I promise I am not contagious (anymore) and it's perfectly safe to be around me (usually). I am quite capable of any physical role needed (esp the ones where I get to kiss on the hot chicks or be super buff and heroic).

I'm a self employed quadrillionaire. I converted most of the precious metals beneath the Twilight Isle into gold and sold it on the open market, then used that to finance a multi-universal bank, and just recently purchased a moon.

I used to act out my favorite scenes with Quinn and Mary, my BFFs.

I spend every second of every minute of every day being super, super dope. Putting me in a staring role promises sold out theaters every showing.

Yes. There isn't enough space here for me to include everything I've ever been convicted of, but let's just say that hiding out in the 3rd dimension wasn't my goal in life, and you probably shouldn't mention me to any form of law enforcement from the upper levels of reality. Or in Nebraska. They don't like me in Nebraska.

Cataclysmic

Date: 2017-09-08 17:38 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Theater regular performer

Name (inc. title): Belle Gallows

Address: 127 Honey Lane Apt #4

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes* /No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): High School Drama Club member

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Supporting Role of Cynthia Ware in the film Rhy"Din Nights, Shanchie Theater Company 2016 - 2017

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes* /No (If you answer Yes please give details): No

Prepared Song: Requiem " Dear Evan Hansen

Prepared Scene: From Snow White Gets Her Say - Catherine's monologue "That you don't recognize me by name is but the first of my complaints about my tale. Oh you know me alright. I'm the main character"in a tale titled with the name of one of the men in the story. But what?s in a name" A lot. Especially if it's a man's name. This man's name is the answer to the question upon which rests the fate of myself and my newborn child. So his name is very powerful, it is very important. My name apparently is not.

Nor is my life. For whether it is to be filled with joy and delight from being with my newborn, or empty with grief and loss from separation is to be decided by a mere guessing game.

Nor are my words important. I denied my father's boast. I told the King I most definitely could not spin gold out of straw. But he didn't believe me. Of course not. He chose instead to believe the words of an immature, egotistic, vain man. And I suffer the consequences.

The consequences. To pay for my father's ridiculous lie, I lose my sanity, my freedom, and my dignity for three nights"and almost my child, forever. (And one sentence"one sentence in the whole tale is devoted to that "choice", that decision to give up my child in return for my life.)

Because I 'succeeded" on the third night, I was 'rewarded" with marriage to the King. Thus, for all intents and purposes, I also lost my life. Can you imagine what it is like to be married"legally bound to honour and obey until death, and socioeconomically bound with little option but to stay and make the best of it"to a man who didn't believe me, a man who locked me in a room for three nights, a man so greedy that he said three nights in a row he'd kill me unless I did as he wanted" And that was before he owned me. But as the tale says, I am shrewd and clever. And I have learned the force of threat, and the importance of a name"especially if it is male. Proud fathers want very much to pass it on. But royal fathers'dear husband, aging Highness, what would happen to your precious lineage if my, your, only son were to suddenly"

Since I am not dead, and am living still?"

Tempus Fugit

Date: 2017-09-08 22:18 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Repertory & Theatre (Regular), Band (Guest)

Name (inc. title): Lord Brendryck Alexander Stormgaard

Address: 357 Hambrook Ave., Extalyon, Western Arc Alternatively: Bristle Crios

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): Temporal Mania, in remission.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" Like Trashcan Man says in Stephen King's The Stand, 'My life for you!'. If that doesn't cut it, my employers know acting is my passion. They'll make allowances, or....I'll be fired. Simple.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Several years of theater classes across a number of Universities & institutes abroad; non-competitive tap training; able to play any guitar with no less than 12 strings.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Alternatively acted and/or stage manager for a number of productions based of adaptations of Franz Kafka's works, or plays by Caryl Churchhill, and Samuel Beckett. And Shakespeare of course, though mostly my past interest has lain almost exclusively in the tragedies. To that last, I'll note that I never shirk from broadening my horizons. Also, my Antony from Julius Caesar was the toast of Rivendell.

Also resident Shanachie Actor 2014-2015, and 2016-2017.

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No convictions, despite the shade being thrown by the 'fake news'.

Yasmin

Date: 2017-09-08 23:52 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Theater or Repertory. Regular for one, guest for the other.

Name (inc. title): Yassidy

Address: Please send all fan mail to: Yassidy, WHAM! 101.1FM Studio, Marketplace District, Rhydin.

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application" Yes. Shapeshifter. No hair, makeup, or prosthetics necessary.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Master/apprentice style training for stage performance.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Current radio station disc jockey for WHAM! 101.1 FM. Previous member of the Shanachie Theater "Theater Company' Seasons 2014-2015, 2015-2016, and 2016-2017. Roxanne Ware in "Rhy"Din Nights" 2016. Professor Vincent Harris-Fawkes in "Getting Over Alyson' 2014.

Do you have any criminal convictions" No. In true Yas form, she would chose her own dance routine by tumbling and bounding back and forth over the stage; contribute a simple acapella song based on a topic near and dear to her heart, her beloved paparazzi; and finish up her audition with what she considered to be a deep and insightful monologue on honesty and lies.

Mairead Harker

Date: 2017-09-10 00:57 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band):Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer Theater and Repertory. Would like to continue to be a guest performer.

Name (inc. title): Miss Mairead Harker

Address: Currently the Cardinal Inn, normally Harkers' Island.

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): My health is normally very good.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" I'm currently a junior high school level student at Harker's Academy. My school works with me regarding my theater schedule and volunteer activities including visiting and helping with activities at the children's wing of Riverview Clinic. I take part in other community service projects such as magic shows and various performances for Children's Day.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Music theory, dance (including ballet, and tap), gymnastics training, and weapons training.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Acted in school plays, dance recitals recitals, member of the Shanachie STARS, and several years as a guest performer at the Shanachie Theater. Most recently, I have been involved with on the spot reporting for Channel KIDS.

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No.

For her musical piece, Maggie chose "Learn Me Right."

Her monologue was from "Anne of Green Gables."

Mrs. Lynde, I'm extremely sorry I behaved so terribly. I've disgraced my good friends who've let me stay at Green Gables on trial, even though I'm not a boy. I am wicked and ungrateful, and I deserve to be cast out forever. What you said was true; I am skinny and ugly, and my hair is red. What I said about you was true too, only I shouldn't have said it. Please, Mrs. Lynde, forgive me. You wouldn't be so cruel as to inflict a life-long sorrow on a poor orphan. Please. Please, forgive me.

Eregor

Date: 2017-09-10 02:17 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Theater (regular), Repertory (guest)

Name (inc. title): Eregor T"r Gaird"n

Address: Gardenhome, across the road from Maple Grove

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No: No.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None. I have a flexible schedule at the Bristle Crios Academy, and my other current employer IS the Shanachie.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): BFA in Acting from DePaul University, numerous workshops and single-semester or summer programs elsewhere (including two years at the Imperial Terran Academy's musical theater graduate program and a double-semester course in stage combat)

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): (film) Bran Linden, Getting Over Alyson released 2014; Ryan Connelly, Rhy'Din Nights, 2016; (TV) Buddy Baker, Animal Man 2013-2018; Elder Gale, Sins Unforgiven 2019-2021; (stage) various roles on straight drama and musicals on Earth and other worlds, too many to list here, highlighted by The One-Man Musical, a two-week run on Planet Disney while he and Rhi were honeymooning there; member of the Shanachie Theater Company 2013-2017

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): Not in Rhydin.

For his audition song, Eregor first gave a disclaimer. "The piece I've chosen is from the Earth musical 1776, and is something of a 'villain song'. While I don't condone the practices it describes....you cannot deny that it is a powerful and evocative song." With that, he cued the instrumental recording and began to sing of Molasses To Rum.

His monologue comes from Moliere's Tartuffe:

"Though pious, I am none the less a man; And when a man beholds your heavenly charms, The heart surrenders, and can think no more. I know such words seem strange, coming from me; But, madam, I'm no angel, after all; If you condemn my frankly made avowal You only have your charming self to blame. Soon as I saw your more than human beauty, You were thenceforth the sovereign of my soul; Sweetness ineffable was in your eyes, That took by storm my still resisting heart, And conquered everything, fasts, prayers, and tears, And turned my worship wholly to yourself. My looks, my sighs, have spoke a thousand times; Now, to express it all, my voice must speak. If but you will look down with gracious favour Upon the sorrows of your worthless slave, If in your goodness you will give me comfort And condescend unto my nothingness, I'll ever pay you, O sweet miracle, An unexampled worship and devotion. Then too, with me your honour runs no risk; With me you need not fear a public scandal. These court gallants, that women are so fond of, Are boastful of their acts, and vain in speech; They always brag in public of their progress; Soon as a favour's granted, they'll divulge it; Their tattling tongues, if you but trust to them, Will foul the altar where their hearts have worshipped. But men like me are so discreet in love, That you may trust their lasting secrecy. The care we take to guard our own good name May fully guarantee the one we love; So you may find, with hearts like ours sincere, Love without scandal, pleasure without fear."

Doran Ilnaren

Date: 2017-09-10 02:52 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Theater or Repertory (guest)

Name: Doran Ilnaren

Address: Stardreamer Manor, north of Rhy'din past New Haven

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No: No.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Participant in the Shanachie STARS program since September 2015

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Guest performer for both the Theater and Repertory Companies 2014-2017

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No.

Audition song: The Rainbow Connection

Monologue: a speech by Mercutio, from Romeo & Juliet ("Because who'd want to be Romeo, anyway?")

O, then I see Queen Mab hath been with you. She is the fairies' midwife, and she comes In shape no bigger than an agate stone On the forefinger of an alderman, Drawn with a team of little atomies Over men's noses as they lie asleep; Her wagon spokes made of long spinners' legs, The cover, of the wings of grasshoppers; Her traces, of the smallest spider web; Her collars, of the moonshine's wat'ry beams; Her whip, of cricket's bone; the lash, of film; Her wagoner, a small grey-coated gnat, Not half so big as a round little worm Pricked from the lazy finger of a maid; Her chariot is an empty hazelnut, Made by the joiner squirrel or old grub, Time out o' mind the fairies' coachmakers. And in this state she gallops night by night Through lovers' brains, and then they dream of love; O'er courtiers' knees, that dream on curtsies straight; O'er lawyers' fingers, who straight dream on fees; O'er ladies' lips, who straight on kisses dream, Which oft the angry Mab with blisters plagues, Because their breaths with sweetmeats tainted are. Sometimes she gallops o'er a courtier's nose, And then dreams he of smelling out a suit; And sometimes comes she with a tithe-pig's tail Tickling a parson's nose as 'a lies asleep, Then dreams he of another benefice. Sometimes she driveth o'er a soldier's neck, And then dreams he of cutting foreign throats, Of breaches, ambuscadoes, Spanish blades, Of healths five fathom deep; and then anon Drums in his ear, at which he starts and wakes, And being thus frighted, swears a prayer or two And sleeps again. This is that very Mab That plats the manes of horses in the night And bakes the elflocks in foul sluttish hairs, Which once untangled much misfortune bodes. This is the hag, when maids lie on their backs, That presses them and learns them first to bear, Making them women of good carriage. This is she!

Winter Pearl

Date: 2017-09-10 03:09 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band):Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer

Theater/Repertory/Ballet/ Regular

Name (inc. title): Pearl Fand

Address: Dragon's Gate District Mail may be sent in care of Harker's Academy.

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" I'm employed as a secretary and teacher's aide with Harker's Academy. They are willing to allow me to do my paperwork from home.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): 10 years of ballet at New Haven Dance Academy Music theory Piano and violin Please note that I don't wish to join the house band, but should an opportunity arise where a production requires a character to play violin or piano, I would welcome that opportunity

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): School and amateur productions.

For her audition, Pearl offered the following pieces: Tango por una cabeza on violin. On Piano, she played The Ludlows from a film called "Legends of the Fall." Her vocal piece was "I Hope You Dance."

The dramatic monologue she picked was a difficult one, from what theater folk called the Scottish play, Lady MacBeth's soliloquy.

He has almost supped. Why have you left the chamber" Was the hope drunk Wherein you dressed yourself" Hath it slept since" And wakes it now to look so green and pale At what it did so freely' From this time Such I account thy love. Art thou afeard To be the same in thine own act and valor As thou art in desire" Wouldst thou have that Which thou esteem'st the ornament of life, And live a coward in thine own esteem, Letting "I dare not" wait upon "I would," Like the poor cat i' the adage" What beast was't then That made you break this enterprise to me" When you durst do it, then you were a man; And to be more than what you were, you would Be so much more the man. Nor time nor place Did then adhere, and yet you would make both. They have made themselves, and that their fitness now Does unmake you. I have given suck, and know How tender 'tis to love the babe that milks me: I would, while it was smiling in my face, Have plucked my nipple from his boneless gums And dashed the brains out, had I so sworn as you Have done this. If we should fail" Screw your courage to the sticking place And we'll not fail. When Duncan is asleep (Whereto the rather shall his day's hard journey Soundly invite him), his two chamberlains Will I with wine and wassail so convince That memory, the warder of the brain, Shall be a fume, and the receipt of reason A limbeck only. When in swinish sleep Their drench'd natures lies as in a death, What cannot you and I perform upon Th' unguarded Duncan' what not put upon His spongy officers, who shall bear the guilt Of our great quell"

She was over the butterflies in the stomach when her dance audition began.

Eeva

Date: 2017-09-10 19:48 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Theater and Ballet - Regular.

Name (inc. title): Eeva Cohen

Address: 29 South Gate Jeshurun, Old Temple

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): Yes. My body may became fatigue and require bed rest for a few days, or at its worst, a week. These issues arise sparingly throughout the year.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" 1 Week.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Kirov Ballet company. American Ballet Theatre. Background in ice skating for both single and double performances.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Multiple small performances on Earth. I've done far more on the ice, but it would be nice to be back on stage after so many years.

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No

She shined on the ice but let it not be said the skill didn't translate to the center stage. Eeva performed a short abstract ballet and once completed she plays the part of Velma Kelly and sings All That Jazz.

Kruger

Date: 2017-09-10 20:45 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band):Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer Repertory, Regular

Name (inc. title): Aristotle Kruger Allen

Address: Kruger's Exotic Marketplace District

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): -Shanachie regular 2014-2017

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No

Kruger had traveled this road several times over the past few years. He didn't adhere to standard monologues from ancient works. This year he went with something even more modern than times past, performing a pair of scenes from the screenplay of The Judge. He handed off the passages to the nearest hopeful, asking them to read for the part of Judge Palmer to his Hank Palmer.

Hank Palmer: Why'd you pull me out of Boy Scouts" Judge Joseph Palmer: As punishment for blowing up the McCraw's mailbox with M80s. Hank Palmer: I was 13. *That* you remember. *That*! Judge Joseph Palmer: Oh, old enough to know better. Hank Palmer: You didn't come to my high school graduation or college. Why" Judge Joseph Palmer: Oh, boo-fucking-hoo. "Why?" Jail time, truancy, I don't get to reward anything! None of your shit! Hank Palmer: I graduated from *law school*, for Christ's sake. Judge Joseph Palmer: As opposed to what? Dropping out" Hank Palmer: Fuck you! Judge Joseph Palmer: Let me tell you something, okay' I put a roof over your head, money in your pocket, clothes on your back....*food* in your *mouth*! Who paid for that college education' I never showed up to kiss your ass, but your mother" She's a house wife! Why couldn't you swallow your God damned pride and just come home to her" You tell me why! Hank Palmer: You know, you'd invite people at the end of their parole back to court....You'd *recognize* those who did their time, turned their lives around, made something of themselves. Everyone in the court applauded, and you made sure they did! Tell them how *proud* you were....Proud of *fucking* strangers! Judge Joseph Palmer: Is that all you wanted, Henry, was a kind word" An 'atta boy' Then to use your words, you should have *come* the *fuck* home! We all waited, *quietly*, but you never came. Okay' And I was the one she'd blame, because you wouldn't come home. Me. Now, was I tough on you? Yes. How'd you turn out, Henry' Waiting tables" A bum" Hank Palmer: You put me in Juvenile Detention....you sent me to fucking Vanderburgh! Judge Joseph Palmer: No, no, no, no, no, you put yourself there. Hank Palmer: Did I" Judge Joseph Palmer: Yes. Hank Palmer: The prosecutor recommended community service. That was *your* call! Judge Joseph Palmer: No, no, no, it wouldn't have *helped* you! Hank Palmer: I didn't need *help*, I needed *you*! Judge Joseph Palmer: You were high, you rolled a car with your brother in it! He had a major league career ahead of him, a 90 mile-an-hour fast ball, and he runs a turnip shop! You crippled him, you stole his future, and you call *me* an ass hole" Hank Palmer: What do you want from me" I was 17 when that happened. I was *17*. Judge Joseph Palmer: Oooh, "I was 13, I was 17." You were headed down the wrong path! I did what I thought was right. Hank Palmer: You know, I didn't just graduate from law school, I graduated first in my class....I was *first* in my class....I did *really* well, dad. Judge Joseph Palmer: You're welcome. Hank Palmer: Fuck....Damn this house....God damn this fucking house...

———————-

Hank Palmer: I don't buy it. It can't be the first time someone's insulted you. It's your job. Why did you go easy on him the first time" Of all the judges in Indiana, the one with the tightest....You gave him 30 days. He threatened her, discharged a firearm at her residence.That's six months. A year. Easy. What was your reasoning" A hundred and 80 days, that's solid. Maybe he'd have cooled off. Maybe he doesn't kill Hope. Maybe we're not here. Of all the years you sat on that bench....all the people that stood before you, the leniency....the understanding, the free ride goes to Mark Blackwell" How do you explain that lapse in judgment" Judge Joseph Palmer: Same willful disobedience....same recklessness. I looked at him and saw my middle son.My little boy. My little boy. I watched him cry right there. I wanted to put my arms around him and tell him it didn't have to be like this. I wanted someone to help him....like I'd want someone to help my boy....if he lost his way. It was my chance to be....that someone. Is that so much to ask" Hank Palmer: Maybe so. Maybe so. I have memories. Of us. You, me. Then I don't. How come" Why' Why' Why" Judge Joseph Palmer: I looked at you and I saw him. Judge Joseph Palmer:

Craig Cleric

Date: 2017-09-12 01:29 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Theater - regular Repertory - guest Band - guest

Name (inc. title): Craig Cleric

Address: 717 Rosencrow Ave, Apt #9 Rhy'Din City, Rhy'Din

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed": She's quite on par with the idea. If employed to Shanachie, little notice would be necessary.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Drama Club Captain in High School - New Zealand, years 1996-1999 (Sophomore-Senior) Four Years of Theater in College - New Zealand, years 2001-2005 PERF-108: Tap Dance - New Zealand; years 2002-2003; Beginners - Advanced PERF-110: Understanding Music - New Zealand; 2001 Class Piano III, Voice III, Guitar III - New Zealand, 2001-2005 (List is long, but these are a few examples. More can be listed if requested, or necessary.)

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): I have been performing unofficially and self-employed for 15+ years at revenues of coffee shops and the streets. Never employed by a Company, but I have plenty of experience in the fields.

Craig requested being the last of the auditions on the day he'd come in, with valid reasoning.

Everything about Craig was a spectacle. His unorthodox and eccentric display of talent probably wasn't what Shanachie was requesting of him for an audition, but Craig stepped onto the stage in full dress: a sleek, fashionable suit that held a metallic sheen with a crisp white button up shirt beneath. His hair elegantly slicked back and even a pair of black blues brother shades.

Displaying his talents of voice, piano, and uncharacteristic seriousness in the midst of chaos, he sang This is Gospel. He gave his everything into the performance: heart, soul and energy as various items were thrown at him in the midst of his performance. (And making one terrible mess of Shanachie's stage, sorry! He'd make sure it was cleaned up.)

After the last note, his serious demeanor was unbroken as he stepped away from the piano covered in a plethora of messy subtances, from milk to chicken wings, glitter, confetti, and paint (to name a few). Without a word, and finalizing his performance with a bow at the waist before he walked from the stage to leave the audition directors with their opinions.

Whether he received the job or not, he'd call the day a success.

"This is gospel for the vagabonds, Ne"er-do-wells, insufferable bastards Confessing their apostasies Led away by imperfect impostors."

(The inspiration and idea for his audition goes to P!ATD's "This is Gospel" piano version music video. The video itself is an example, and all rights reserved to P!ATD.)

Merethyl Benoit

Date: 2017-09-12 10:48 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Ballet

Name (inc. title): Merethyl Benoit

Address: 12 Dragon Lane, Apt. B

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): Yes - I am currently 35 weeks pregnant, and unable to physically audition. After the birth of my son, I will be happy to audition privately for you.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): I have studied all forms of dance in various academies - details included in my resume

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Entertainer to four elven courts on Faerun over the past eighty years; principale danseuse with the Shanachie Classical Ballet Troupe 2014-2016, 2016-2017.

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): None

As stated on her application, Merry was definitely not in any fit state to physically audition right now. Carrying thirty-five weeks of pregnancy did not make for the most stable platform in dance. But she showed anyway, despite Tony and Anya's assurance that she could audition privately when she was recovered from the birth, determined to give her support to her husband and friends, and the new faces who might want to audition for the ballet.

Kiri Calderon

Date: 2017-09-15 09:21 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Repertory (Regular)

Name (inc. title): Mrs Kiri Spencer (Stage name is remaining Calderon)

Address: 127 Moonshine Way, Apt. 4A Rhy'Din City

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): No formal training

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Several years' experience in television (see attached resume for details)

The second time around, this was no less terrifying, Kiri was coming to realize. In fact, it was worse this time around. This time, she didn't have the comfort of knowing that Horizons was there to catch her - unbeknownst to everyone but those on set, she'd filmed her ridiculously over-dramatic death scene two days ago. So this time, she was hoping to make the Shanachie her permanent home. If they would have her.

Her monologue was picked over with care, chosen from She Was Lost, And Is Found, by Richard Hensley. She just hoped she could do it justice.

"I don't know if I really want to marry Walter. I know I accepted his proposal, but, Mother, you encouraged it. Maybe I was so used to trying to please you that I just went along"until, before I knew it"we were engaged. You and Dad were certainly pleased about it. I did not say I didn't love Walter. I said I'm not sure now that I'm ready to marry him. Things just aren't as clear now. You never really asked, did you? Neither of you. Mother, for all of my life, you have planned my every move. You have created a perfect daughter, and for the past two years'since Janie disappeared" you've buried your life in what I've been doing. I've become the living antidote for what Janie did to our family reputation. And you, Dad, you've always petted your daughters and bragged to others about how charming we were"that is, when you had time. We've never really talked, have we" We don't really know each other very well. You've attended the important ceremonies of our lives, and you've paid our bills.

But what did this tell you about us as individuals" For the last two years, you've been involved with only two things"your job and finding Janie. This has been a silent household when the three of us have been here. Haven't we always been interested mostly in achievements and in recognition, not in feelings or personalities" We're in the same house but on different wave lengths. I want to be looked on as something more than a Blue Ribbon winner at the Child Show. I"I think Janie did, too. Yes, you showed me you loved me, and all you gave me you gave from love. I know that. Yes, you have given us a great deal. You've given us everything, and I do appreciate it. But you didn't give us a chance to give. Maybe we had something to give you . . . if you'd just let us."

Jamie Willis

Date: 2017-09-15 09:28 EST
Encouraged by Josette's example of the past few years, Jamie decided to take his courage in both hands for this audition, and do something decidedly contemporary.

Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Ballet (Regular)

Name (inc. title): Mr James Willis

Address: 14, Devils Drive

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" Currently employed by the Shanachie Theater

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): see resume

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): see resume

Do you have any criminal convictions? Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No

Carina Cox

Date: 2017-09-15 14:46 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Theater (Regular)

Name (inc. title): Mrs. Carina Cox

Address: The Little Hollow, Anarven

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None - currently employed at the Shanachie Theater

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Two years' study of Dramatic Arts at Westbourne College; four years study of Theater and Dramatic Arts at Rhy'Din University, culminating in a first-class honors degree

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Various college and university productions; Shanachie Repertory Company member 2014-2017

With Arandir in the stalls with their new daughter, Aluviel, Carina had no nerves this time around. Maybe she was more mature, or perhaps she wasn't quite so desperate to be a part of the Shanachie family now she had a little family of her own. Whatever the reason, her audition was relaxed and warm, and perhaps a little unexpected, at least in her choice of song. In the end, she had decided to sing something contemporary, not from a musical, but something that suddenly had new meaning for the new mother - In My Daughter's Eyes, by Martina McBride. And for the speech' Well ....a little comedic confusion never hurt anyone. And Viola, from Act 2, Scene 2, of Twelfth Night, was definitely confused.

"I left no ring with her. What means this lady" Fortune forbid my outside have not charmed her. She made good view of me; indeed, so much That, as methought, her eyes had lost her tongue, For she did speak in starts distractedly. She loves me sure; the cunning of her passion Invites me in this churlish messenger. None of my lord's ring" Why, he sent her none. I am the man. If it be so, as 'tis, Poor lady, she were better love a dream. Disguise, I see thou art a wickedness Wherein the pregnant enemy does much. How easy is it for the proper false In women's waxen hearts to set their forms! Alas, our frailty is the cause, not we, For such as we are made of, such we be. How will this fadge" My master loves her dearly; And I (poor monster) fond as much on him; And she (mistaken) seems to dote on me. What will become of this" As I am man, My state is desperate for my master's love. As I am woman (now alas the day!), What thriftless sighs shall poor Olivia breathe" O Time, thou must untangle this, not I; It is too hard a knot for me t' untie."

Annabeth Caldwell

Date: 2017-09-16 00:28 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Repertory (regular)Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer

Name (inc. title): Ms. Annabeth Caldwell

Address: 5 Gnome Crest Road, Old Temple, Rhy'din.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): I studied Drama at East Tennessee State University for four years and graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Performing Arts.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): I have been acting in amateur theatre since I was four years old. I have also written scripts that have been produced for amateur theater since high school. I have also had bit parts in radio and local television commercials after graduation. I've been in two movies Rhy'din Nights and Remembrances of a Queen where I played Queen Elizabeth I.

Her prepared piece was two scenes from Shakespeare's "Scottish Play." She started with the first part of Act 1 Scene V where she reacts to her husband's letter, and the announcement of Macbeth and Duncan's arrival. She followed that with the well known Sleepwalking scene in Act 5 Scene I.

When it was done, she thanked Mataya and Ludo, and was met on the way up the aisle with a big hug from her daughter Lottie. She smiled. No matter what happened that hug was the biggest part of her day.

Mataya

Date: 2017-09-16 10:41 EST
Many thanks to everyone who has auditioned! You will be hearing from us by Monday at the latest!

((OOC - A quick note; if anyone has auditioned but does not actually want to be accepted, please drop me a PM! ~laughs~ Probably should have put that in the initial post. :D ))