Topic: Auditions 2018

Mataya

Date: 2018-08-25 09:58 EST
Applicants entering the theater by the stage door will be directed to the auditorium. In the middle of the stalls will be sat the producing directors of the theater, the director, and the musical director. At the front row is set up a lit table, from which application forms may be taken and filled out. A sign on said table requests that these forms be returned as promptly as possible.

Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band):Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer

Name (inc. title):

Address:

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details):

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed"

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any):

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any):

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details):

Please note - The positions offered by the Shanachie Theater are full time and salaried. Members of the Company and Band will be expected to keep to a strict rehearsal and performance schedule. Sick and holiday pay is non-negotiable and subject to duration of employment. The directorship withhold the right to terminate employment, should contractual obligations not be met.

The structure of the Theater Company auditions will be as follows - group warm ups, followed by individual dance, singing, and acting interviews. They will be asked to learn and repeat one dance routine, perform one pre-prepared song, and one pre-prepared scene.

Applicants for the positions in the Repertory Company will be interviewed individually. They will be asked to perform a prepared audition piece of their own choosing, and sight-read and perform a monologue chosen by the in-house director.

Applicants for positions in the Ballet Troupe will be invited back to audition with Anthony and Anastasia De Luca. There will be set pieces, as well as a solo and group audition.

((OOC Note - The Shanachie Theater Companies and House Band are intended to be a platform for players to expand their horizons among the community. Applications can be considered to be successful if made. Regular play, in forums and/or live, would be very much appreciated where time permits. Player's names will be attached to the pertinent productions in varying roles, unless they specifically state otherwise. Please note, if you are currently on the Roll Call of the Shanachie's Companies, you will need to add your details to this thread, or contact me directly, to keep that place in the Shanachie line up. In light of the last couple of years experience at this, I am also adding that should your character join the Shanachie and then do absolutely nothing - play in the rooms, post on the boards, etc - for an extended period of time, I will remove your character from the roll call. Love ya!))

Josh Stuart

Date: 2018-08-25 13:05 EST
In an attempt to show that he could do more than just play a romantic lead, for this year's audition, Josh would be performing "Heaven on their Minds" from Jesus Christ Superstar. Some might recall that last year, he'd performed "Gethsemane", but this year, he wanted to show that he could stretch his singing and performing limits even farther than that.

Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer

Theater (Guest)

Name (inc. title): Josh Stuart

Address:

Rocky View, King's Cove Rhy'Din

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed"

Two weeks

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): - Voice and Dance Lessons - Drama Club - Two years of Drama and Music at Tirisano School for the Arts - Bachelor of Arts in Musical Theater from Rhydin University

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): - Numerous theater productions from grade school through university - Shanachie Theater Company - 2013-2018

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No

Dorian Hadley

Date: 2018-08-25 14:23 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer

Theater (Regular)

Name (inc. title):

Dorian Hadley

Address: 14 Riverside Mews Rhy'Din City

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details):

Yes. Will need nights off when the moons are full.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None (Currently employed with the Shanachie Theater Company.)

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): No formal training.

- Ten years with the Starlight Traveling Theater Company - Shanachie Repertory & Theater Companies - 2016-2018

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No

Dorian was unrecognizable as he stepped on stage, dressed in ragged clothes and a ratty, gray wig, several of his teeth blacked out. He came forward to hand over his application, flourishing a bow and waving a hand for Mataya to come closer so he could whisper something in her ear. She listened carefully, beaming a grin back at him and nodding her approval, before she moved up the stairs to join him on on stage.

What followed had the entire house bursting with laughter, as she and Dorian performed "Master of the House" from Les Miserables, with Dorian encouraging the others auditioning to sing along with the chorus. ((Thank you to Mataya's Player for allowing me to include her in Dorian's audition. :) ))

Yasmin

Date: 2018-08-25 14:37 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Theater or Repertory. Regular for one, guest for the other.

Name (inc. title): Yasmin

Address: Please send all fan mail to: Yasmin, WHAM! 101.1FM Studio, Marketplace District, Rhydin.

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application" Shapeshifter. No hair, makeup, or prosthetics necessary.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Master/apprentice style training for stage performance.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Current radio station disc jockey for WHAM! 101.1 FM. Member of the Shanachie Theater 'Theater Company' Seasons 2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2016-2017, and 2017-2018. Roxanne Ware in 'Rhy'Din Nights' 2016. Professor Vincent Harris-Fawkes in 'Getting Over Alyson' 2014.

Do you have any criminal convictions" No. Yas chose her own dance routine and contributed a simple acapella song after she caught her breath from the dance routine.

Marcus Spencer

Date: 2018-08-25 15:51 EST

Repertory (Regular)

Name (inc. title):

Marcus Spencer

Address:

127 Moonshine Way, Apt. 4A Rhy'Din City

No

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None (Currently employed with the Shanachie Repertory Company.)

Degree in Drama from Rhy'Din University.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): - Recurring guest role on the daytime soap opera Horizons. - Shanachie Repertory Company - 2016-2018 (See attached resume for complete list of previous experience.)

Marcus handed over his application, cleared his throat, and when given his cue, performed "Mercutio's Monologue" from Romeo and Juliet.

Starbuck

Date: 2018-08-25 17:31 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Theater, regular.

Name (inc. title): Ms. Starbuck Jones

Address:

191 Village View Drive Apt 2a Old Temple West, Rhy'din City

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application" No.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" Two weeks.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): 1 year undergraduate study in both Vocal Arts and Drama at The Juilliard School in New York City, New York.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Dockside Community Theater 2015 - 2018

Do you have any criminal convictions" No.

After turning in her application, the budding soprano took her place on stage with an ornate, gilded bird cage as her only prop, complete with (fake) birds inside and performed a song by Stephen Sondheim.

Eregor

Date: 2018-08-26 05:12 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Theater (regular), Repertory (guest)

Name (inc. title): Eregor Túr Gairdín

Address: Gardenhome, across the road from Maple Grove

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application" No.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None.

Previous training pertinent to this application: Please see attached resume.

Previous experience pertinent to this application: Please see attached resume.

Do you have any criminal convictions" None in Rhy'din.

The attached resume included a number of terms and semesters at various colleges, universities, and journeyman programs across various cities, planets, and interstellar empires. It also listed credits from film, television, stage, and even a radio drama credit for a production of "Neverwhere" that had aired on WHAM for six Sundays earlier in the summer.

For his Theater audition, Eregor performed a tap dancing number, followed by "Sit Down (You're Rocking The Boat)" from Guys & Dolls and then a speech of Miguel de Cervantes from Man of La Mancha.

His Repertory audition prepared piece was the opening monologue from The Glass Menagerie.

Doran Ilnaren

Date: 2018-08-26 05:35 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Theater or Repertory (guest)

Name: Doran Ilnaren

Address: Stardreamer Manor, north of Rhy'din past New Haven

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Participant in the Shanachie STARS program since September 2015

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Guest performer for both the Theater and Repertory Companies 2014-2017

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No.

Doran's prepared song was a medley from Hair, a pair of Claude's songs: the happy-go-lucky "Manchester England" followed by the raw angst of "The Flesh Failures", then picking up the segue into "Let The Sunshine In" which, while normally sung by the company, he made a continued solo that took the mood from mourning to hope for a brighter future.

His prepared monologue for the Theater, though short, was a charged up rendition of John Adams' opening speech from 1776. The speech he had ready for the Repertory was Edgar's speech from King Lear Act 2, Scene 2, beginning with "I hear myself proclaimed."

Christian Benoit

Date: 2018-08-26 08:36 EST

Ballet (Regular)

Name (inc. title):

Christian Benoit

Address:

12 Dragon Lane, Apt. B Rhy'Din City

No

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None/Currently employed with the Shanachie Ballet.

- Twelve years at the Ballet Montreal Performing Arts School - Four years at Canada's National Ballet School

- Three years with Les Grands Ballets Canadiens - Five years with the National Ballet of Canada (See resume for specifics.)

Though Christian was not usually a solo performer, he had chosen Siegfried's Variation from Swan Lake for this year's audition, not because it was a particularly powerful piece, but because of its beauty and grace - and because it was a personal favorite.

Eeva

Date: 2018-08-27 21:02 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Ballet - Regular, with interest in joining the Theater as a guest performer.

Name (inc. title): Eeva Cohen

Address: 29 South Gate Jeshurun, Old Temple

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): Yes. My body may became fatigue and require bed rest for a few days, or at its worst, a week. These issues arise sparingly throughout the year.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None, currently employed with the Shanachie Ballet.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Kirov Ballet company. American Ballet Theatre. Background in ice skating for both single and double performances. Current activities within the Shanachie Ballet

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Multiple small performances on Earth in both ballet and theater. Sanachie Ballet Performances include: The Red Shoes, Irina Boronskaja Swan Lake, Princess Odette (The White Swan) Spanish Doll, Spanish Doll Performances during the Summer Galla: Raymonda's Act II variation from Raymonda, La Esmeralda solo variation from La Esmerelda

Please note - The positions offered by the Shanachie Theater are full time and salaried. Members of the Company and Band will be expected to keep to a strict rehearsal and performance schedule. Sick and holiday pay is non-negotiable and subject to duration of employment. The directorship withhold the right to terminate employment, should contractual obligations not be met.

Eeva has shown her ability in ballet on stage, so she decided a display of acting and singing was in order for a possible shot at a theater spot as well!

Carina Cox

Date: 2018-08-28 10:46 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Theater (Regular)

Name (inc. title): Mrs. Carina Cox

Address: The Little Hollow, Anarven

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None - currently employed at the Shanachie Theater

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Two years' study of Dramatic Arts at Westbourne College; four years study of Theater and Dramatic Arts at Rhy'Din University, culminating in a first-class honors degree

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Various college and university productions; Shanachie Repertory Company member 2014-2018

Maturity was bringing a less intense form of stage fright when it came to auditions. With Aran and Aluviel in the stalls, waiting to see her sing, Carina was far more comfortable stepping onto the stage even than she had been the year before. No sweet soprano song today; she was going for a full throttle example of both her range and her power, with her own rendition of The Impossible Dream from The Man of La Mancha. Her speech, too, was a little less conventional - Nella's speech from I Can't Win, a lesser known one-act play.

Michi

Date: 2018-08-28 19:13 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band):Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer Theater, guest performer

Name (inc. title): Michi

Address: 604 Seaside Drive, Seaside

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" I'm self-employed.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Self-taught when it comes to music, thank you internet and DVD's.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): I'm part of TRASH, the Rhydin all girl band where I play bass ( I also play the guitar ) and handle both lead and backup vocals ( It depends on the song ). We've had multiple album releases and done a load of concerts ( so I'm used to performing on stage ). I've included a thumb drive with some of our greatest hits with this application. I'm also on Rhytube under the name Michi, please ignore TheRealMichi, that isn't me and I've been in the process of getting them removed from the site.

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No, though I did do a weekend at a Watch station once, but I didn't plead guilty to anything or deal with court. I think the guy was gunning for his weekly quota because how is drinking at a library while using the internet anything arrest worthy, even more when I wasn't even drunk. How can you get drunk off hard lemonade?

Maybe, just maybe, she's wanting to try this out to have an excuse to spend more time with Yas instead of just popping in on her when she's backstage in the dressing room. It'd be fun! She'd be performing I won't say I'm in love from Disney's Hercules and even acting out Megs part.

Merethyl Benoit

Date: 2018-08-30 07:46 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Ballet

Name (inc. title): Merethyl Benoit

Address: 12 Dragon Lane, Apt. B

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): I have studied all forms of dance in various academies - details included in my resume

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Entertainer to four elven courts on Faerun over the past eighty years; principale danseuse with the Shanachie Classical Ballet Troupe 2014-2016, 2016-2017, 2017-2018.

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): None

There seemed to be quite a few young children being brought to the auditions this year, though the ballet auditions naturally took place in a large group on a single day. Still, it was a relief to be able to leave Gabriel with other small people while Merry and Christian went through the motions. The group choreography in the morning, lunch, then the individual audition pieces in the afternoon. Merry went with an old favorite - Kitri's Act III variation from Don Quixote - and for the first time, she was pretty sure she'd managed to bring the mischief to the role as well as the technical brilliance.

Jamie Willis

Date: 2018-08-30 07:50 EST
Despite having a major role in the ballet that would be opening on Monday, Jamie still made a point of doing something for his own audition that he had not tried before. It was a little intimidating to dance Balanchine's Apollo in front of Christian Benoit, who had done it so well just two years ago, but at this point, Jamie figured he could do with getting over that side of his nerves.

Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet): Ballet (Regular)

Name (inc. title): Mr James Willis

Address: 14, Devils Drive

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" Currently employed by the Shanachie Theater

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): see resume

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): see resume

Anya Chavez

Date: 2018-08-30 22:01 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Theater, regular; Repertory, guest

Name (inc. title): Anya Chavez

Address:

23rd and 7th RhyDin City

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" N/A

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): 10 years theatre and acting school

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Leading performer at the prestigious New Haven Academy for the Gifted for the past 3 years

Deciding to choose something close to her age range, Anya auditioned with a scene from the film Edge of Seventeen in which the lead character apologizes to her brother for the way she has been acting. Her song was a powerful and haunting original solo.

Annabeth Caldwell

Date: 2018-08-30 23:16 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band):Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer Repertory (regular)

Name (inc. title): Miss Annabeth Caldwell

Address: 5 Gnome Crest Road, Old Temple, Rhy'din

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): I studied Drama at East Tennessee State University for four years and graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Performing Arts.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): I have been acting in amateur theatre since I was four years old (this includes musicals). I have also written scripts that have been produced for amateur theater since high school. I have also had bit parts in radio and local television commercials after graduation.

Shanachie Repertory Company 2015-2016, 2016-2017, 2017-2018 seasons.

Jaqueline Ross Rhy'din Nights 2016 Queen Elizabeth I in Rememberances of a Queen

She chose as her scene Antigone's last speech. She dressed the part even pulled her hair up in "Ancient Greek style." She handed her application in, and then strode up the stairs her chin raised as tears slid down her cheeks. Then she turned to the audience and let Sophocles' words slip from her lips.

"Tomb, bridal-chamber, eternal prison in the caverned rock, whither go to find mine own, those many who have perished, and whom Persephone hath received among the dead! Last of all shall I pass thither, and far most miserably of all, before the term of my life is spent. But I cherish good hope that my coming will be welcome to my father, and pleasant to thee, my mother, and welcome, brother, to thee; for, when ye died, with mine own hands I washed and dressed you, and poured drink-offerings at your graves; and now, Polyneices, 'tis for tending thy corpse that I win such recompense as this.

"And yet I honoured thee, as the wise will deem, rightly. Never, had been a mother of children, or if a husband had been mouldering in death, would I have taken this task upon me in the city's despite. What law, ye ask, is my warrant for that word" The husband lost, another might have been found, and child from another, to replace the first-born: but, father and mother hidden with Hades, no brother's life could ever bloom for me again. Such was the law whereby I held thee first in honour; but Creon deemed me guilty of error therein, and of outrage, ah brother mine! And now he leads me thus, a captive in his hands; no bridal bed, no bridal song hath been mine, no joy of marriage, no portion in the nurture of children; but thus, forlorn of friends, unhappy one, I go living to the vaults of death.

"And what law of heaven have I transgressed" Why, hapless one, should I look to the gods any more, -what ally should I invoke,-when by piety I have earned the name of impious? Nay, then, if these things are pleasing to the gods, when I have suffered my doom, I shall come to know my sin; but if the sin is with my judges, I could wish them no fuller measure of evil than they, on their part, mete wrongfully to me."

Mairead Harker

Date: 2018-08-30 23:59 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band):Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer

Theater - Regular, Ballet - guest (would like to be in the Spring Gala, please) Regular was scratched out and guest written in next to theater. Edits were made in careful printing.

Name (inc. title): Miss Mairead Harker

Address: Harkers' Island

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" I'm still a junior high school level student at Harker's Academy. My school works with me regarding my theater schedule, sports, and volunteer community activities.

Music theory, dance (including ballet and tap), gymnastics training, and weapons training.

Acted in school plays, dance recitals, member of the Shanachie STARS, several seasons as a guest performer at the Shanachie Theater, and a reporter for Channel KIDS.

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details):

School detention doesn't count, so, no.

P.S. where do I apply to be an usher or help the crew"

Maggie chose a monologue from Lewis Carroll's "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland."

ALICE: Why, how impolite of him. I asked him a civil question, and he pretended not to hear me. That's not at all nice. I say, Mr. White Rabbit, where are you going" Hmmm. He won't answer me. And I do so want to know what he is late for. I wonder if I might follow him. Why not' There's no rule that I mayn't go where I please. I—I will follow him. Wait for me, Mr. White Rabbit. I'm coming, too! How curious. I never realized that rabbit holes were so dark . . . and so long . . . and so empty. I believe I have been falling for five minutes, and I still can't see the bottom! Hmph! After such a fall as this, I shall think nothing of tumbling downstairs. How brave they'll all think me at home. Why, I wouldn't say anything about it even if I fell off the top of the house! I wonder how many miles I've fallen by this time. I must be getting somewhere near the center of the earth. I wonder if I shall fall right through the earth! How funny that would be. Oh, I think I see the bottom. Yes, I'm sure I see the bottom. I shall hit the bottom, hit it very hard, and oh, how it will hurt!

For her prepared song, she chose, "Girl on Fire." ————————————————————————— ———————- Note from parent:

Mataya, after reviewing the application Maggie submitted to the Shanachie for this season, I find it necessary to employ the old putting the foot down maneuver. She has resubmitted it and edited as needed. As I am sure you are aware, my daughter sometimes bites off a bit more than she can chew. Due to other commitments, I had considered completely prohibiting her from participating this year, but she enjoys her time at the theater a great deal be it on stage or behind the scenes. Banning the activity would be counterproductive and potentially lead to destructive activities instead of having a much needed creative outlet. Regardless of the some of the things she has been learning like manipulating time, it doesn't mean that her adolescent body is ready to cope with the toll it will take in trying to use it for everyday purposes.

The term guest can seem very limiting to a child. After all, we as adults sometimes have guests in our homes that we would prefer to put in hotels and see as little as possible during their visit. I'm attaching Maggie's school calendar for this year to help in making decisions as to where she might be most useful to the company. Her formal classes are from 8AM-12PM M-F as is the case for all high school level students. This goes from September until the end of May. While the school has a summer enrichment program available, the months of June-August are vacation time for most students. The majority of citizens in Rhydin celebrate winter holidays during December, the school adjusts accordingly with a closure that's generally between 15 Dec and 10 Jan depending on how the holiday dates fall during the week. Spring break is two weeks around the time of Easter and Passover.

After a parent and child discussion, it seems Maggie was under the impression that to continue being a part of the annual Spring Gala that it's necessary to declare the desire to be a guest performer in the Ballet Company. I hope that I've dispelled her of that notion since she took part previously without a formal commitment.

Sincerely,

Rhiannon D. Harker

Winter Pearl

Date: 2018-08-31 00:58 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band):Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer Ballet - Regular

Name (inc. title): Pearl Fand

Address: Dragon's Gate District Correspondence may be sent in care of Harker's Academy in Old Temple.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None - arrangements have already been made.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): 10 years of ballet at New Haven Dance Academy Music theory Piano and violin

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): School and amateur productions. 2016 Season with the Shanachie Theater

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No.

For her audition, she chose a solo from Carmen.

Cataclysmic

Date: 2018-08-31 11:43 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Theater regular performer

Name (inc. title): Belle Gallows

Address: 127 Honey Lane Apt #4

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes* /No (*If you answer Yes please give details): No

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): High School Drama Club member

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Supporting Role of Cynthia Ware in the film Rhy'Din Nights, Shanchie Theater Company 2016 - 2017 Shanchie Theater Company 2017 - 2018

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes* /No (If you answer Yes please give details): No

Prepared Song: Omar Sharif - The Band's Visit

Prepared Scene: From King Arthur's Socks - Guenevere's monologue

Well, do you still want to kiss me"—Think what you are saying, Lancelot, for I may let you. And that kiss may be the beginning of the catastrophe.

(She moves toward him)

Do you want a kiss that brings with it grief and fear and danger and heartbreak" If you had believed, for one moment, that it was worth the price of grief and heartbreak, I should have believed it too, and kissed you, and not cared what happened. I should have risked the love of my husband and the happiness of your sweetheart without a qualm. And who knows" It might have been worth it. An hour from now I shall be sure it wasn't; I shall be sure it was all blind, wicked folly. But now I am a little sorry. I wanted to gamble with fate. I wanted us to stake our two lives recklessly upon a kiss—and see what happened. And you couldn't. It wasn't a moment of beauty and terror to you. You didn't want to challenge fate. You just wanted to kiss me.....Go!

Kiri Calderon

Date: 2018-08-31 14:24 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Repertory (Regular)

Name (inc. title): Mrs Kiri Spencer (Stage name is remaining Calderon)

Address: 127 Moonshine Way, Apt. 4A Rhy'Din City

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): No formal training

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Several years' experience in television (see attached resume for details); current member of the Shanachie Repertory Company

Short and sweet were Kiri's code words for this year's audition. She was attempting comedy - classical comedy - which lost a lot out of context, but stretching your wings was supposed to be a little scary, right' Lysistrata's first rousing speech from the play of the same name had to be worth a go.

"By the two Goddesses, now can't you see All we have to do is idly sit indoors With smooth roses powdered on our cheeks, Our bodies burning naked through the folds Of shining Amorgos' silk, and meet the men With our dear Venus-plats plucked trim and neat. Their stirring love will rise up furiously, They'll beg our arms to open. That's our time! We'll disregard their knocking, beat them off— And they will soon be rabid for a Peace. I'm sure of it."

Josette Wheeler

Date: 2018-08-31 23:22 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Ballet, Regular

Name (inc. title): Josette Wheeler

Address: 143 Cherry Blossom Lane, New Haven, Rhy'Din City

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): At times prone to subtle to violent tremors when under extreme stress. Currently under treatment to help mitigate these symptoms.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None-currently employed with the Shanachie Ballet troupe

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Paris Opera Ballet School

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any):Paris Opera Ballet, Shanachie Ballet 2015-2018 Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details):No

Josette was delighted to participate in yet another round of auditions for the Shanachie Ballet. This year, she chose to do Wendy's variation from Peter Pan as her solo audition. The petite balletina lingered afterwards to watch the others perform their chosen pieces, before returning for the group audition with a budding excitement for another spectacular season.