Topic: AUDITIONS 2019

Anthony De Luca

Date: 2019-08-25 09:03 EST
https://www.creativedrama.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Auditions-Sign-1280x640.jpeg

AUDITIONS
August 26th to 30th, 2019

Applicants entering the theater by the stage door will be directed to the auditorium. In the middle of the stalls will be sat the producing directors of the theater, the director, and the musical director. At the front row is set up a lit table, from which application forms may be taken and filled out. A sign on said table requests that these forms be returned as promptly as possible.

Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band):Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer. Also, if applying for the Band, please specify instrument.

Name (inc. title):

Address:

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes, please give details):

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed"

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any):

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any):

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes, please give details):

Please note - The positions offered by the Shanachie Theater are full time and salaried. Members of the Company and Band will be expected to keep to a strict rehearsal and performance schedule. Sick and holiday pay is non-negotiable and subject to duration of employment. The directorship withhold the right to terminate employment, should contractual obligations not be met.

The structure of the Theater Company auditions will be as follows - group warm ups, followed by individual dance, singing, and acting interviews. They will be asked to learn and repeat one dance routine, perform one pre-prepared song, and one pre-prepared scene.

Applicants for the positions in the Repertory Company will be interviewed individually. They will be asked to perform a prepared audition piece of their own choosing, and sight-read and perform a monologue chosen by the in-house director.

Applicants for positions in the Ballet Troupe will be invited back to audition with Anthony and Anastasia De Luca. There will be set pieces, as well as a solo and group audition.

((OOC Note - The Shanachie Theater Companies and House Band are intended to be a platform for players to expand their horizons among the community. Applications can be considered to be successful if made. Regular play, in forums and/or live, would be very much appreciated where time permits. Player's names will be attached to the pertinent productions in varying roles, unless they specifically state otherwise. Please note, if you are currently on the Roll Call of the Shanachie's Companies, you will need to add your details to this thread, or contact myself or Mataya directly, to keep that place in the Shanachie line up. In light of the last couple of years experience at this, we are also adding that should your character join the Shanachie and then do absolutely nothing - play in the rooms, post on the boards, etc - for an extended period of time, we will remove your character from the roll call.))

Doran Ilnaren

Date: 2019-08-25 14:23 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Theater, regular performer

Name (inc. title): Doran Ilnaren

Address: Stardreamer Manor, north of RhyDin City

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application" No.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): See attached resume. The attached resume lists Doran's years of participation in the Shanachie STARS program, plus an additional year of assisting the instructors there, and all of his prior roles at the Shanachie.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): See also attached resume.

Do you have any criminal convictions? No, though I was arrested once by a somewhat overzealous Watch officer. All charges were dismissed, though.

Christian Benoit

Date: 2019-08-27 20:34 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer.

Ballet (Regular)

Name (inc. title):

Christian Benoit

Address:

12 Dragon Lane, Apt. B
Rhy'Din City

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details):

No

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed"

None/Currently employed with the Shanachie Ballet.

- Twelve years at the Ballet Montreal Performing Arts School
- Four years at Canada's National Ballet School

- Three years with Les Grands Ballets Canadiens
- Five years with the National Ballet of Canada
(See resume for specifics.)

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details):

No

Eregor

Date: 2019-08-27 21:16 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Theater (regular), Repertory (guest)

Name: Eregor Túr Gairdín

Address: Gardenhome, across the road from Maple Grove

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application" No.

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None. My time is....very flexible.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Please see attached resume.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Please see attached resume.

Do you have any criminal convictions? None in RhyDin.

The attached resume included a number of terms and semesters at various colleges, universities, and journeyman programs across various cities, planets, and interstellar empires. It also listed credits from film, television, stage, and even a few radio drama credits.

Marcus Spencer

Date: 2019-08-28 17:57 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer.

Repertory (Regular)

Name (inc. title):

Marcus Spencer

Address:

127 Moonshine Way, Apt. 4A
Rhy'Din City

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details):

No

None (Currently employed with the Shanachie Repertory Company.)

Degree in Drama from Rhy'Din University.

- Recurring guest role on the daytime soap opera Horizons.
- Shanachie Repertory Company - 2016-2019
(See attached resume for complete list of previous experience.)

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details):

No

camille

Date: 2019-08-29 13:52 EST
Company Applied for: Ballet (Regular)

Name (inc. title): Mlle Camille Bellerose

Address: I can easily be found at the Sanachie when needed.

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes please give details): I am I was Nothing that will affect my work

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): École de danse de l'Opéra national de Paris

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Théâtre National de l'Opéra (currently, the Paris Opera Ballet)

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No

No one saw the petite dancer enter the room, or pick up an audition form for that matter. But with the gentle sigh of tulle rustling from a rehearsal tutu long out of fashion and the muffled tap of toe shoes on wood, she shuffled between—or perhaps at moments almost through—the other hopeful auditioners and slid her form onto the table with a small curtsy. The paper was dotted with blotches of ink hastily smudged away and a scrawling, spirited hand that seemed itself to dance as it wound and trailed across the page, tilting and curling with imperfect excitement. A few sections of the form were scratched out entirely as if she had started to write out an explanation before being unable to collect the words and had simply started again.

Camille watched from the edge of the room as the others performed their audition solos, nervously working out her ankles and warming up her feet. It had been so long since she'd auditioned, and so very long since she'd felt so seen. Some of the other dancers may have noticed her hand gently resting on the barre seemed to fade and disappear at the tips of her fingers, and at times the room behind her seemed to flicker through her body like a translucent curtain billowing in front of a sunny window. Flashes of the world danced through her and at times she seemed as insubstantial as dust motes caught in a sunbeam. Though perhaps it was simply a trick of the light. But as the first few notes of Coppelia's Act 3 Variation burst into life she seemed to explode back into herself as well, leaping across the practice room with a mischievous, playful confidence that held a light of its own. At moments her leaps lingered a fraction too long in the air, as if she had to remind herself she was bound to the ground eventually. As the violins like a precise and reverberating ripple grew into a wave, her turns sped into an inevitable, joyful whirl. By the time the last chord reverberated through the room and her final arabesque hung in the air, she was beaming and so very, truly there. She paused for a moment, feeling the sprung floor beneath her feet, the heat of the lights above her, and the gaze of the other dancers before she lowered her own wide doe eyes and curtsied shyly.

And then, as quietly as she had appeared, she was simply gone.

Cygnet

Date: 2019-08-29 23:20 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Ballet (Regular)

Name (inc. title): Cygnet Rassveta, though I respond to Siggy just as well

Address: Currently, I can be reached at the Inn

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes, please give details): No

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): 10 years at Belovodye Imperial Academy of the Arts. If authentication is required, my graduation sigil may be provided.

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Belovodye Imperial Ballet Soloist

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes, please give details): None in Rhydin

Cygnet piled her audition form onto the growing stack and curtsied low to Anthony and Anastasia, bowing her head with a delicate flick of her wrists. It was an action deeply ingrained, as students of the Academy knew the consequences of forgetting and Imperial Ballet company members wished to show off the mark of their accomplishments borne on their skin. With her hair piled up in a bun, her own crown etched into the base of her neck was clearly visible against pale skin. Back home that needed no resume nor explanation. But here, in this strange new city, she was simply another face; not an Imperial Academy graduate, not a member of the Imperial Court, not Seelie property or Seelie castoffs. Here she was no one. Though she tried to convince herself it was freeing, there was still something comforting in the familiarity of the theatre. On the stage, she knew exactly what to do. As the trill of the violins from Aspicia's Act II Variation swelled through the room, she began to leap and twirl, feeling the give of the wood floor beneath her toes and the push and pull of her breath with the music. She couldn't help feeling like she was coming home.

Winter Pearl

Date: 2019-08-31 01:24 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band):Please include a preference to be a regular or guest performer. Also, if applying for the Band, please specify instrument. 
Ballet: regular.
Band: guest piano and violin

Name (inc. title): Pearl Fand

Address:
Dragon's Gate District
Correspondence may be sent in care of Harker's Academy in Old Temple.

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes, please give details):
No

None, I’m currently employed by the Shanachie Theater

10 years of ballet at New Haven Dance Academy
Music theory
Piano and violin

School and amateur productions.
2016-2018 Seasons with the Shanachie Theater

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes, please give details):
No

Please note - The positions offered by the Shanachie Theater are full time and salaried. Members of the Company and Band will be expected to keep to a strict rehearsal and performance schedule. Sick and holiday pay is non-negotiable and subject to duration of employment. The directorship withhold the right to terminate employment, should contractual obligations not be met.

She had once been told that even the greatest of dancers had butterflies in their stomach before an audition or performance, but remembering that didn't always help. What always worked was reminding herself of a pep talk from her mother when she was stepping up for another kind of solo performance. Do your best and always remember that win or lose, you family is here for you.

For her solo piece, Pearl chose to dance to a medley of Irish tunes played on the piano.

Mairead Harker

Date: 2019-08-31 02:40 EST
Theater: guest

Name (inc. title):
Mairead “Maggie” Harker

Address:
Harkers’ Island

No.

My school schedule is attached. Classes for me are generally half-day morning sessions and I do peer tutoring in the afternoons. My teachers have agreed to provide work at home packets if I am invited to perform during the school year.  The school administration has also agreed to count my participation as credit toward art and music classes or an elective subject.

Music theory, dance (including ballet and tap), gymnastics training, and weapons training. Piano and violin lessons. Experience with training dogs. (This helped when I played the lead in Annie!)

Acted in school plays, dance recitals, member of the Shanachie STARS for several seasons, several seasons as a guest performer at the Shanachie Theater, and a reporter for Channel KIDS.

No

Please note - The positions offered by the Shanachie Theater are full time and salaried. Members of the Company and Band will be expected to keep to a strict rehearsal and performance schedule. Sick and holiday pay is non-negotiable and subject to duration of employment. The
directorship withhold the right to terminate employment, should contractual obligations not be met.

She had come a long way since her first audition for the Shanachie; if she had any nerves on edge, she didn’t show it. For her audition pieces, Maggie had opted to wear a pair of black jeans, red blouse, short black boots, and a black fedora with a red silk band around it.  The song she chose was Roar.

For her prepared piece, she chose a monologue from “Stop Playing the Victim.”

Sally visits her best friend and is yet again met with her friend’s negative attitude that she is sick of dealing with for so long.

Sally:  I’m trying to understand something.  Why is it that when I talk to you about things that make me happy you always get down"  Whenever I talk to you about things that upset me, you always get so involved.

Do you want me to be miserable in my life"  I feel as though the only way for us to have any relationship is when things are bad.  I don’t want things to be bad.  I want to talk about good things.  I want to hear you tell me good things.  Why is that so hard for you?  Do you realize that every time I come over here you have nothing nice to say.  You are always complaining and moaning about your work, your boyfriend, your family, your apartment…you never have anything happy going on it seems.

It’s like the only way you can exist and communicate is by raging against something.  Doesn’t that exhaust you?  It takes more energy to be miserable than be happy.  Try being happy and stop playing the victim all the time.

Dorian Hadley

Date: 2019-08-31 13:23 EST

Repertory or Theater (Regular)

Name (inc. title):

Dorian Hadley

Address:

14 Riverside Mews
Rhy'Din City

Will need nights off when the moons are full.

None (Currently employed with the Shanachie Theater Company.)

No formal training.

- Ten years with the Starlight Traveling Theater Company
- Shanachie Repertory & Theater Companies - 2016-2019

No

This year, Dorian decided to show his dramatic side, portraying the title role in The Prince of Homburg, begging for his life during the "Fear of Death" scene.

https://static.playbill.com/dims4/default/c400d0e/2147483647/resize/800x450/quality/90/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fplaybill-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fe9%2Ff4%2F0f30a86d48ef9c0000a1925265be%2Fdonmarhomburgprod225a.jpg

Josh Stuart

Date: 2019-08-31 14:43 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band):

Theater (Guest)

Name (inc. title):

Josh Stuart

Address:

Rocky View, King's Cove
Rhy'Din

No

None, but need two weeks notice prior to rehearsals.

- Voice and Dance Lessons
- Drama Club
- Two years of Drama and Music at Tirisano School for the Arts
- Bachelor of Arts in Musical Theater from Rhydin University

- Numerous theater productions from grade school through university
- Shanachie Theater Company - 2013-2019

No

For Josh's pre-prepared song, he chose "You're So Easy to Love" from Cole Porter's Anything Goes. He followed that up with a tap solo from Kiss Me Kate, also Cole Porter, showing off both his vocal range and his dance skills.

Neville Ashton

Date: 2019-08-31 15:04 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band):

Band - Cellist

Name (inc. title):

Neville Ashton

Address:

59 Arbor Lane
Rhy'Din City

No

None/Currently employed as a cellist with the Shanachie House Band

B.A. in Music from Rhy'Din University

Shanachie House Band
Rhy'Din University Orchestra

No

Farren

Date: 2019-09-01 08:58 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Ballet (Regular)

Name (inc. title): P̸̡͍̲͈̞̣̣̼̦̬͇͎̍͜ŏ̵͖͙̟̘̫̬̲̟͔̦̗̭̼̥̞̈́̀́͑̃̈́̾̌͂̄̕͝t̶̨̙̪̗͔̺̤̘͎̲͉͌̾͌̿̆̊̑̅̾̓̚͠ȅ̸̠̝̯̻͙̦͔͙̞̤̰̟̻̯̫̋s̵̞͓̲̠̲̗͖̟͖͙͔̻͈̋́́̂̌̑̊͠ẗ̸̹̗͎̺́̍̃ͅa̴̢̛͙͖̩̙͕̻̤̭̳͚̬̞͊̐̊͋̌̋̏̈́̂̔͘s̴̢͚̭̹̤͎̙̜͎̫̞͈̿̇̂̃͒͂̋̚͜͝͠͝ͅ Farren Ainsley

Address: Mail can be forwarded to the Inn

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' Yes*/No (*If you answer Yes, please give details): No

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed" None.

Previous training pertinent to this application (if any): Self-taught

Previous experience pertinent to this application (if any): Member of the Celestial Choir maybe? I'm still very new to any experience

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes, please give details): No

There were a few moments while filling out the form where Farren almost set the paper alight and left. The glimmering, shifting name he originally penned wasn't him anymore. Like any mortal, it stung his eyes just looking upon its oily sheen as it danced across the page. And the name beside it was small, empty, just a collection of lines pinned to the page. It made that hollow between his shoulder blades twinge with a phantom pain. How could a body ache for something it never truly had"

"How much notice do you need to give your current employer?" He almost laughed at that. Surely They would need no notice. Maybe They watched over him as They assured They oversaw all else. Or maybe he truly was alone. Maybe this strange place really was too far from Their gaze. He paused a moment before scribbling. None. Underlined. Period. He wasn't beholden anymore.

The final question gave him pause again. This body was his conviction, in all sense of the word. The blister of summer sun, the parch of his throat, the dull ache in limbs that still seemed so foreign. This was his punishment, and a punishment hard earned. He made a choice and he paid the price or earned the prize. But They still had yet to learn, it was only a punishment if you felt punished. He had been given a body to feel shame, to know guilt and frailty and the futility of the corporeal world. But he had also been given a body to dance and laugh and feel the summer sun on his skin. He had made a second choice. "Do you have any criminal convictions?" He simply wrote No.

True, he had no formal training, and little experience in anything of this world. But grace flows from Grace, and something so integral to his very being couldn't be simply revoked by chaining him to a physical form. As he leapt to the triumphant blaring of the horns and that crooked grin spread across his face, Farren only wished for a moment that he wouldn't fall back to earth.

Yasmin

Date: 2019-09-01 11:38 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Theater or Repertory. Regular for one, guest for the other.

Name (inc. title): Yasmin

Address: Please send all fan mail to: Yasmin, WHAM! 101.1FM Studio, Marketplace District, Rhydin.

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application"
Shapeshifter. No hair, makeup, or prosthetics necessary.

Master/apprentice style training for stage performance.

Current radio station disc jockey for WHAM! 101.1 FM.
Member of the Shanachie Theater 'Theater Company' Seasons 2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2016-2017, 2017-2018, and 2018-2019.
Roxanne Ware in 'Rhy'Din Nights' 2016.
Professor Vincent Harris-Fawkes in 'Getting Over Alyson' 2014.

Do you have any criminal convictions" No.

Yasmin wanted to do something a little different from her usual off-the-wall auditions and decided to go with true stage dances and songs, beginning with the 'Audition' song from Victor/Victoria. After breaking one of the auditioning panel's glasses of water, she broke into a quick jazzy dance routine.

Josette Wheeler

Date: 2019-09-02 14:57 EST
Company Applied for (Theater/Repertory/Ballet/Band): Ballet - Regular

Name (inc. title): Josette Marie Wheeler

Address:
143 Cherry Blossom Lane, New Haven

Yes. At times prone to subtle to violent tremors when under extreme stress. Currently under treatment to help mitigate these symptoms.

None, currently employed with the Shanachie Ballet.

Various performances with the Paris Opera Ballet, most notably her performance of Giselle as her first principal role with the company. Shanachie roles include:
The Snow Queen: Gerda
La Bayadere: Nikiya
The Little Mermaid; Little Mermaid
Onegin: Olga
The Nutcracker: Clara
La Sylphide: The Sylph
The Red Shoes: Victoria Page
Swan Lake: Odile-The Black Swan
Coppelia: French Doll
Peter Pan: Wendy
Ondine: Ondine

Do you have any criminal convictions" Yes*/No (If you answer Yes please give details): No

Josette was particularly excited for the auditions for this new season for a special reason. After her absence at the Summer Gala, she was feeling stronger than ever after working with Irina on her strength training after taking a much needed rest and she was eager to be back to work rehearsing and performing in Apollo.

Having spent the morning in the quiet reverie of the branches of one of her favorite ancient oak trees in the Southern Glen, she felt recharged and rejuvenated as she bounced with eager excitement through the backstage door. There may have been a stray leaf or two still stuck in her hair and some dirt beneath her fingernails as she plopped her bag down and brushed her delicate bangs out of her eyes that framed her doll-like face like wisps of angel wings. Feeling one of the leaves with delicate fingers, she gave a little sheepish smile, before plucking one out and tucking it into the safety of her bag before she began stretching.

A warm smile was given to both new and old faces alike as she began her warm up routine. As she had a sensitivity to energy that was as finely tuned as a Stradivarius, she noticed the flicker and fade of Camille's fingertips upon the barre, but did not let her gaze linger as she did not want to make the girl self conscious.

And of course she greeted Dante Alvarez, who she had worked with many years ago at the Paris Opera Ballet. Josette had told him about the company after he returned from his time in Nepal to escape his alleged scandal with the Royal Ballet company. Dante denied the rumors as spurious lies of course, but as Josette had worked with the notorious "Black Eagle" before, she knew his temperament all too well. A brilliant dancer to be sure, but he'd given more than one choreographer in the ballet world a few sleepless nights as he was a bit of a divo. She'd told him about the company when he said he was looking for work after the leaving the Royal Ballet, she just never actually thought he would decide to audition!

Having worked hard on her strength and flexibility during her time off, Josette chose to dance the variation Arabian Coffee from her first and forever favorite ballet, The Nutcracker as her individual piece. For the group auditions, she'd choreographed a special surprise at the end that she'd enlisted Dante's help with, as well as several willing members of the corps. Josie had worked rather hard on it, as she wanted to flex her choreographer muscles a bit and needed to channel some restless energy during her time off. Testing the waters to see if Anya and Tony would ever want to give her a chance at choreographing a few pieces should they ever needed the occasional break, she created a piece that was a bit of a modern twist of The Nutcracker.

After watching a few amazing duels, she drew inspiration from the fighters and their incredible movements to combine some fight aspects with the ballet and merge the two together to give Clara some fire and a bit more to do than simply throw her ballet slipper at the Mouse King! She hoped everyone would enjoy the fresh take!

(OOC Note: Everyone that wishes to is welcome to participate in the group piece as long as it remains in line with the choreography in the following video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-1XB00Ss8I  Josette is dancing the role of Clara and Dante Alvarez is dancing the Mouse King, but all other roles are open to whoever wants to join in on the fun! Full credit for the original choreography goes to Benjamin Millepied.)

Dante Alvarez

Date: 2019-09-02 17:25 EST
Name:  Dante Lorenzo Domínguez-Álvarez

Company Applied For:  Ballet, regular

Address:  Please forward all correspondence to the Red Dragon Inn

Is there anything concerning your medical history or state of health that is relevant to your application' No

How much notice do you need to give to your current employer, if currently employed"  NA

Royal Ballet School:
Lower School:  White Lodge , Richmond Park, London aged 11-16
Areas of emphasis included:  Classical, Character, Contemporary, Pas de deux, Folk Dances, Choreographics and Gymnastics/Conditioning
Upper School:  Covent Garden aged 16-19
Areas of emphasis included: Increased focus on Character and contemporary, Pas de deux, Variations, Repertoire, Improvisation and intensive Conditioning/Pilates
Summer intensive programs held at both White Lodge and Covent Garden

Previous experience pertinent to this application:

First Artist 2012, Soloist 2013, First Soloist 2014, Principal 2016 all with The Royal Ballet Company
The Royal Ballet repertory:
Albrecht Giselle
Prince Siegfried Swan Lake
Prince Florimund The Sleeping Beauty
Basilio Don Quixote
Colas La Fille mal gardée
Leontes The Winter’s Tale
Created Roles:  David Bintley’s Les Saisons, Will Tucket’s The Seven Deadly Sins
Guest Artist at the Paris Opera Ballet

Do you have any criminal convictions"

Statutory Offence:  Affray on five separate occasions
Penalty Notice for Disorder for drunk and disorderly conduct in public and again on public transportation traveling to a designated sporting event

Dante scanned the application for the Shanachie Ballet Company.  He’d just come from an early morning Pilates and conditioning session, his sleeveless hoodie revealing several tattoos along muscles while covering most his head and oversized head phones which pumped Repeat by Regal into his ears.  Josette had mentioned the company to him after he’d returned from a self-imposed mental retreat to Nepal where he’d been in search of greater clarity and knowledge.  As he was looking for work, he would fill out the application with a well defined and precise script, the flourish coming in the signature as he signed with just his first name…those who mattered would know there was only one Dante in ballet.

Dante would then find an empty space where he could go inward and find the mental clarity and concentration necessary to perform at peak levels of technical proficiency and artistic spirit.  Dante would be performing Orion’s variation from the ballet Sylvia. 

Solo Audition

After completing his solo audition, Dante would remain in the wings and hydrate as he waited to play his part in Josette’s choreographed surprise for the group auditions.