Topic: WHAM 101.1 Presents: A Night at the Whamsbury

Tempus Fugit

Date: 2016-10-11 22:41 EST
WHAM 101.1 Presents...

A Night at the Whamsbury, or 'An Evening with George Michael' For a place like Jose's Crab Shack, where they keep feeding you until you say 'No way, Jose!', a Night at the Whamsbury Event could make - or break - your year. In his mind's eye, Colt was out on the dance floor, and to his credit was the biggest piece of malebait in the room....

See what I did there" Like jail bait, but talking about a guy.

And yeah, just rubbing up against the fourth wall a bit. You can imagine me being voiced by Ryan Reynolds, if it makes you feel more comfortable with it. Alright then, let's get back to it...

Mr. Ages, again in his mind's eye, the old curmudgeon sat ensconced in a corner, his beverage held in an unwieldy un-dance club like stein. Brend watched both of them, and the dance floor, and the DJ - that little pixie that acted at the Shanachie, all while spreading a questionably unsafe pool of water around the edge of the dance floor with his mop. He got a lot of these jobs, cleaning up after Yas. It wasn't hard, there were few other cleaning companies, let alone lone janitors willing to take on the frequent shambles that became of a place after one of her bohemian parties. The thing he loved, though, about working all these gigs was the edgy, but sometimes esoteric music. He couldn't not sing along as he mopped, despite the fact that it was a techno track and the words sounded vaguely inhuman.

"Baby, have you ever wondered," the mop swished across the floor.

This is DJ Zazzy Yas and you're listening to WHAM! 101.1FM. I'm here on location at Jose's Crab Shack for the Night at the Whamsbury event.

"Wondered, whatever became of me" I'm living on the air in Cincinnati....Cincinnati, WKRP..." Suddenly one of the dancers went down on the slippery floor. Amid the chaos, it was hard to tell if it was Brend or Colt that helped the young woman up. She took it in stride, drunkenly groped him, and returned to the floor just as the song was changing.

The song you just heard was" Ok. I don't know what that song was. What did it sound like and I can probably tell you? Wait, that won't work. These mics are one way"

Wanting to get out of the literal and figurative spotlight, Brend mopped - slightly more cautiously this time, towards the DJ booth when he noticed someone pointing him out to security. Was that Ages" Bastard. It didn't matter, maybe Yas would let him use some of her gear to slip out of sight as it were; he wouldn't be so conspicuous without his ever present mop. Damned mop!

Well, anyway. I think it's time for a commercial break, mostly cuz I'm gonna go grab one of these free drinks I get all night.

And he saw her slip her headset off, and head towards the bar.

This was it. That was it' Um....Time gets kinda bendy, so, just... work with me here... Brend slipped into the booth, grabbing the headset and slipping it on. For those agonizing moments before he figured out how to run it, the Pink Panther theme played in his head. Was it his chance at stardom' No, he had the Shanachie for that. Was it his chance at Super-duper stardom' No, cause, there's only one Yas. Was it his chance to make some sort of possibly controversial but well meaning political statement"

Oh, yeeeah...

"This is DJ, uh, Huckleberry Holiday; I know, mouthful right?" his voice came in clearly over the music, as though he'd been practicing this routine in his tent - wearing a pair of Dr. Johnny Fever sunglasses. "Just giving a big shout out to this years Governors nominees, Ammy Spiritor, Francis Collins, and our new Governor elect," he wasn't sure if that was the right term. "Katt Batten! And on a personal note, here's to hoping her victory is prophetic towards a place very near and dear to a lot of us here in Rhydin, Earth Prime! Let's hope it signals the election of a strong, savvy, if somewhat ethically ambiguous woman, over a racist, bigoted, hatemonger - here's to Michell Oba-"

He was cut off as, suddenly Colt was tugging at his shirtsleeves, to get his attention. Only Brend's side was audible to the crowd.

"What do you mean not Michelle" Then who?" Pause. Deadpan voice following, "You're kidding....yeah but what about..." Another pause, and the dancing mostly continued on the floor - the music was still on in the background, it was just drowned out when he spoke.

"However you cut it," he shrugged - somehow not audibly, it just sounded right, "She's still better than that bigoted tangerine trash talking dumpster fire." He seemed despondent for a moment, then quickly added, "Remember, this event sponsored by our host Jose's Crab Shack - where it's so plentiful people often leave with crabs! And always remember, I'm your Huckleberry!"

((This post written/thread started with co-operation and approval of Yas-mun. I want to say thanks much, but for some reason 'Stay gold Ponyboy' feels more right. But maybe it should be like, 'Stay blue, Ponygirl'? At any rate, at least I didn't call her a fairy. But you have to admit, she has a striking resemblance to Oberon/Titania from Disney's Gargoyles. She could easily be one of Oberon's Children, specifically a daughter or something. Just saying.))