Topic: WHAM! 101.1FM Presents: Live at the Shanachie

Yasmin

Date: 2015-10-01 16:07 EST
WHAM! 101.1FM Presents: Live at the Shanachie

WHAM! 101.1FM is pleased to present "Live at the Shanachie" featuring audio recordings of live performances at the Shanachie Theater. Including scenes, musicals, instrumentals, and other audio from a wide variety of Shanachie performances, this half hour segment is presented commercial free. WHAM! is proud to support the Shanachie Theater and the fine arts along with local supporters, and listeners like you.

((OOC Note: Once a week, WHAM will be playing a half hour of random songs and scenes from different performances of Shanachie productions. They could be taken from current shows or past productions, starting with the September 2015 season on. Scenes and songs would generally range from three minutes, as the typical song length, to ten minutes for extended scenes. In most cases, audio would be preceded by the name of the production, a set up for the scene or song, and the performers that would be heard in that audio.

The purpose is to provide a bit of a 'teaser' to the public to advertise the theater, its productions, and its performers. It's just a way to bring a bit of the theater to everyone's homes, so characters that might not attend the theater can still experience small parts of the shows. At the end of the segment, listeners would be provided details on how to get tickets to the Shanachie to see and hear upcoming shows.

This thread is open to everyone.

Everyone in the Shanachie is encouraged to post here with one of the scenes, musicals, ballet songs, orchestra arrangements, or any other audio that their character preformed on stage. You can say WHAM recorded it with the sound equipment in the theater. Don't worry - It's worked out with Mataya. Keep in mind, though, this is radio. You can write out any actions, but only sound will go through to the public. Do as much or as little as you like. Post a video of the scene, the lyrics to the song, etc.

Performers are also free to say that some NPC secretary at WHAM contacted your character to give a brief introduction to their scene before it was played, their thoughts on the scene and/or the play/musical/ballet, etc. Just keep the mini-interview short and sweet, please. You can even say it was a phone interview to make it simple for your character if they are a work-a-holic and wouldn't be able to make it in to the studio. You are also more than welcome to come directly to the WHAM recording studio in the marketplace and record songs there. No one worry about following a particular format or anything. Write as you will, and just have fun.

Others who are not in the theater may post here with their thoughts as they listen at home or at work to one of the segment clips. Got questions" Just ask. ))

Yasmin

Date: 2015-10-01 17:27 EST
Les Miserables "I Dreamed A Dream' preformed by Yasmin, as Fantine

Yasmin's Introduction: "I am Yasmin, one of the evening DJs here at WHAM! 101.1FM, and this is a solo song I did at the Shanachie called "I Dreamed A Dream' from Les Miserables. I was so excited to be able to play Fantine and sing this beautifully sad song. I believe most people would be able to relate to the pain of having loved and lost, as well as the regret of feeling like your life didn't go as you hoped and dreamed. I was asked to do a summary to set up this song for the scene and context and everything and, since I have a contract with WHAM, I needed to say something. But honestly, I feel the lyrics speak for themselves..."

There was a time when men were kind, when their voices were soft and their words inviting. There was a time when love was blind and the world was a song and the song was exciting. There was a time....Then it all went wrong....♪

I dreamed a dream in times gone by, when hope was high and life worth living. I dreamed that love would never die. I dreamed that God would be forgiving. Then I was young and unafraid and dreams were made and used and wasted. There was no ransom to be paid, no song unsung, no wine untasted. But the tigers come at night, with their voices soft as thunder, as they tear your hope apart and they turn your dream to shame. ♪

He slept a summer by my side. He filled my days with endless wonder. He took my childhood in his stride, but he was gone when autumn came. And still I dream he'll come to me - that we'll live the years together. But there are dreams that cannot be, and there are storms we cannot weather. ♪

I had a dream my life would be so much different from this hell I'm living, so different now from what it seemed....Now life has killed....the dream I dreamed. ♫ Yasmin would occasionally change the way she sung the song over the course of the show's run. Some times she would focus on the singing, while other times she would focus on the emotion of the song. WHAM would play both versions at different times: powerful vocal rendition by Idina Menzel in "Glee" beautiful emotional rendition by Anne Hathaway in "Les Miserables"

Mataya

Date: 2015-10-04 12:44 EST
Les Miserables "One Day More" - Ensemble & Chorus

Mataya's Introduction: "Hey, I'm Mataya. Most people know me, but if you don't, I'm the owner of the Shanachie Theater, and I popped up here to promote Les Miserables, the current Theater Company production, running until Saturday, the 10th of October. Tickets are still available from the box office - we're not sold out yet!

"Anyway, the song I wanted to share with everyone is One Day More. It's the end of Act One ensemble piece, and in my opinion, is one of the finest musical theater production numbers there has ever been. The main cast are almost all represented, and the chorus make a powerful addition as the music swells to its finale.

"Those of you who were there on opening night will be aware that in the theater, anything and everything can go wrong, and this song was a perfect example of that on our first night. The Thenardiers are supposed to give their piece from two trapdoors on either side of the stage - on opening night, Madame Thenardier's trapdoor stuck halfway up and wouldn't open any further, so we had the wonderful sight of the devious Thenardiers peering out through about half a foot of opening and still managing to make themselves heard! It was amazing!"

The recording is clear and full, each voice well represented in the ensemble.

Arandir

Date: 2015-10-04 13:27 EST
Les Miserables "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" - Marius, as performed by Arandir

Arandir's Introduction: "Mae g'ovannen. My name is Arandir, and I have been asked to introduce this next song from the production currently playing at the Shanachie Theater. It is a sad song about loss and grief, and one I'm sure many people can relate to. The song finds Marius lamenting the deaths of his friends after the failed uprising. As the only survivor, he feels not only grief and loneliness at his friends' deaths, but a sense of failure and guilt that he has survived when his friends have not. I think the song speaks mostly for itself. I would just like to add that I am eternally grateful to everyone at the Shanachie Theater for allowing me to be part of it, and especially to Mataya and Ludo for believing in me. Also, to all those who come see our productions, and to my beloved Carina, who is my reason for being."

There's a grief that can't be spoken. There's a pain goes on and on. Empty chairs at empty tables Now my friends are dead and gone.

Here they talked of revolution. Here it was they lit the flame. Here they sang about tomorrow And tomorrow never came.

From the table in the corner They could see a world reborn And they rose with voices ringing And I can hear them now! The very words that they had sung Became their last communion On this lonely barricade at dawn.

Oh my friends, my friends, forgive me That I live and you are gone. There's a grief that can't be spoken. There's a pain goes on and on.

Phantom faces at the windows. Phantom shadows on the floor. Empty chairs at empty tables Where my friends will meet no more.

Oh my friends, my friends, don't ask me What your sacrifice was for Empty chairs at empty tables Where my friends will sing no more.

((Here is Michael Ball singing "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables". And for those who prefer the film version, here's Eddie Redmayne in the same role. Though I prefer Michael Ball's voice, I think Eddie Redmayne's performance is closer to Arandir's than the other.))

Josh Stuart

Date: 2015-10-04 18:01 EST
Les Miserables "Red and Black" - Enjolras, Marius, and Students, as performed by Josh Stuart, Arandir, and Chorus

Josh's Introduction: "Hi, I'm Josh Stuart, and I'm one of the performers with the Shanachie Theater Company. We mainly do musical theater, and right now, we're performing Les Miserables, a musical based on the novel by Victor Hugo. I play the part of Enjolras, who is the leader of the uprising and Marius' closest friend. This song is sung mainly by myself and Arandir, who plays Marius and who is, by the way, an extraordinary performer. These two young men, who share the same youthful idealism, are at odds with each other over how their goals should be accomplished, with one - Marius - falling in love for the first time, while the other - Enjolras - is ready to sacrifice his life for a cause he believes is true and just. It's a song of friendship and loyalty and passion for a cause that will eventually end in tragedy. The song is called 'Red and Black'. I hope you enjoy it!"

Red: the blood of angry men! Black: the dark of ages past! Red: a world about to dawn! Black: the night that ends at last!

(Clip of "Red and Black" from the original London Cast Recording.)

Ben Gates

Date: 2015-10-04 18:34 EST
Les Miserables - Valjean's Soliloquy

Ben's intro:

Hi, this is Ben Gates! I've been with the Shanachie Theater Company for the past two years. It has been a privilege to fulfill my dreams of being on the stage in front of the great citizens of Rhy'din. I have the honor of playing the lead role of Jean Valjean in the Emmy and Tony award winning musical, Les Miserables. I won't go into too much detail, but I will say that the story of Jean Valjean is an extraordinary tale of the duality of man. Before I go, i want to say a huge thank you to my wife and kids. Without their support I would never have had the time or energy that the role demands. They're the best and I love them very much.

(Valjean's Soliloquy - Hugh Jackman)

Lirssa Sarengrave

Date: 2015-10-04 21:39 EST
Les Miserables

Lirssa's Intro:

"Evening, everyone! This is Lirssa al Amat, currently playing the role of "ponine in the Shanachie Theater's production of Les Mis"rables. We're heading into our second and final week of this show, so I hope everyone will get tickets to see us! I am honored to share this experience with so many wonderful performers on stage and craftspeople behind the scenes.

"In this recording of our show, you'll hear the intro to the second act and then me singing On My Own. ?ponine delights and then laments her imagined world in which her love for Marius is returned. She must resolve to accept her reality and the unrequited love."

On My Own as performed by Lea Salonga for the 10th Anniversary at Royal Albert Hall

Eregor

Date: 2015-10-04 23:20 EST
Les Mis"rables

Eregor's intro:

"Hello to all of you! My name is Eregor T"r Gaird"n, though you can just call me Eregor, and I am happy to be a part of the current production of Les Mis"rables at the Shanachie Theater. This is a fantastic musical with a bit of something for everyone: a bit of humor, a bit of romance, plenty of drama and more deaths than your average Shakespeare tragedy. At its heart, though, I'd say that Les Miz is a powerful story about redemption: those who who earn it, those who deny it, and those who scoff at it.

"I play the role of Inspector Javert, and 'Stars', the song you're about to hear, comes from the middle of Act I. Javert, lamenting that the man he has hunted for years has escaped him once more, sings of his dedication to the laws of God and man and vows to bring his prey to justice. I hope you enjoy!"

Les Mis"rables - Stars

(("Stars" performed by Philip Quast for the 10th Anniversary Concert of Les Mis"rables))

Mairead Harker

Date: 2015-10-05 06:07 EST
Les Mis"rables

Maggie's Intro:

Hi everybody! I'm Maggie Harker, one of the guest performers at the Shanachie Theater and member of the Shanachie STARS program for kids! In Les Mis"rables, I get to play Cosette as a little girl. She has a very hard life and lives with people that treat her badly. She never knows her father and her mother works herself to death to try to pay for Cosette's room and board.

The song you're going to hear is called Castle on a Cloud. It's about Cosette's wishes and dreams for a better life. She never gives up hope.

When the song ended, Maggie added with excitement in her voice: Come over to the Shanachie and enjoy the shows!

((The link is to the version of the song from the film; sung by Isabelle Allen. ))

Carina Cox

Date: 2015-10-16 07:12 EST
A Streetcar Named Desire - Main Title

Carina's Introduction: "Um ....hello. My name is Carina Cox, and I am currently performing in the Shanachie Theater's production of A Streetcar Named Desire. It's a beautifully intense piece, and the caliber of the performers is, I'm sure you know, truly magnificent. It is a real honor to a part of such a wonderful company.

A Streetcar Named Desire is considered to be an American classic. Each character is gloriously complex - I can't tell you too much about them, because I'll spoil the story! It was made into a movie on Earth in 1951, starring Vivien Leigh and Marlon Brando, and was one of the first plays of its time to truly incorporate Stanislavski's naturalistic method of acting. For all that it is a sweeping classic, it is a surprisingly intimate play, all about the lies we tell ourselves and others, and how things are not always what they seem to be. I think the main theme that was written for the movie is one of the best jazz pieces I have ever heard, so ....here it is!"

Yasmin

Date: 2015-11-20 09:04 EST
Peter Pan "I Gotta Crow" preformed by Yasmin, as Peter Pan

Yasmin's Introduction: "Hello, WHAM listeners, you all know me, the exceedingly talented Yasmin. Now sometimes I hear people say that I can be just a tad cocky or obsessed with myself. And frankly, so many times I have to simply say "Have you seen me" I'm gorgeous!" but that doesn't go off as well as I intend it to. Now that I've starred in the Shanachie's theatrical production for "Peter Pan", whenever someone might say that I'm cocky, I'm going to simply reply, "I've got to crow!"

Conceited" Not me! It's just that I am what I am, and I'm me! When I look at myself and I see in myself all the wonderful things that I see... If I'm pleased with myself, I have ev"ry good reason to be. ♪

I've gotta crow! I'm just the cleverest fellow "twas ever my fortune to know. I taught a trick to my shadow to stick to the tip of my toe. I've gotta crow!

I've gotta brag! I think it's sweet I have fingers and feet I can wiggle and wag. I can climb trees and play tag with the breeze in the meadows below. I've gotta crow! ♪

If I were a very ordinary ev"ry day thing, I'd never be heard cock-a-doodling "round like a bird!

So naturally when I discover the cleverness of a remarkable me, How can I hide it when deep down inside it just tickles me so, that I've gotta let go and crow! ♪

I'm really a rare thing, such a fair thing. I can't keep still! I'm bursting with pride and I just couldn't keep it inside if I tried, so...

Naturally when I discover the cleverness of a remarkable me, How can I hide it when deep down inside it just tickles me so, that I've gotta let go and crow! ♫ "I've Gotta Crow", by Allison Williams from "Peter Pan Live, the Musical"

Carina Cox

Date: 2015-12-03 18:15 EST
A Christmas Carol

"Hey there, it's Carina again! Again, no song from the show, since A Christmas Carol is the Rep's offering for the season, but a perfect opportunity to give a shout out to one of my favorite movies. The Muppets' Christmas Carol tells the same story, but in true Muppet style, and since I'm playing the Ghost of Christmas Present at the Shanachie, I thought I'd offer up that Ghost's song from the Muppets movie of the same name. Enjoy!"

It's in the singing of a street corner choir It's going home and getting warm by the fire It's true, where ever you find love, it feels like Christmas A cup of kindness that we share with another A sweet reunion with a friend or a brother In all the places you find love, it feels like Christmas

It is the season of the heart A special time of caring The ways of love made clear It is the season of the spirit The message if we hear it Is 'Make it last all year'

It's in the giving of a gift to another A pair of mittens that were made by your mother It's all the ways that we show love that feel like Christmas A part of childhood we'll always remember It is the summer of the soul in December It's when you do your best for love, it feels like Christmas

It is the season of the heart A special time of caring The ways of love made clear It is the season of the spirit The message if we hear it Is 'Make it last all year'

It's in the singing of a street corner choir It's going home and getting warm by the fire It's true, where ever you find love, it feels like Christmas

It's true, where ever you find love It feels like Christmas ...

It Feels Like Christmas - A Muppet's Christmas Carol

Yasmin

Date: 2015-12-04 19:06 EST
Holiday Special from Yasmin

Yasmin's Introduction: "Hello, WHAM! listeners, Yasmin here to wish you and your loved ones a happy holiday this season. As a not-always-Kosher Jew, I would like to share with you my favorite holiday song, in honor of Hanukkah. If the melody sounds familiar, the song "Candlelight' by The Maccabeats is based on Taio Cruz's popular hit "Dynamite", but The Maccabeats did their song completely a-cappella."

I'll tell a tale, tale, tale, tale, yeah Of Maccabees in Israel-ael-ael-ael, yeah When the Greeks tried to assail-sail-sail-sail, yeah But it was all to no avail-vail-vail, vail, yeah, yeah. ♪

The war went on and on and on until the mighty Greeks were gone. Yeah!

I flip my latkes in the air sometimes, sayin" hey-o, spin the dreidel. Just wanna celebrate for all eight nights singin", hey-o, light the candle. We say, "Al hanissim", oh yeah, for all eight nights, then we play dreidel by the candlelight. And I told you once, now I told you twice, "bout the miracle of the candlelight. ♪

They took the field, field, field, field Their rivals thought are they for real, real, real, real" Those Maccabees, they'd never yield, yield, yield, yield They charged ahead with sword and shield, shield, shield, shield, yeah, yeah ♪

The war went on and on and on until the mighty Greeks were gone. Yeah!

I flip my latkes in the air sometimes, sayin" hey-o, spin the dreidel. Just wanna celebrate for all eight nights singin", hey-o, light the candle. We say, "Maoz tzur", oh yeah, for all eight nights, then we play dreidel by the candlelight. And I told you once, now I told you twice, "bout the miracle of the candlelight. ♪

And the great menorah, for eight days, it kept on burning. What a celebration, a great return to Torah learning "Cause I....can feel it, and I... Nes gadol, nes gadol, nes gadol hayah sham. Nes gadol hayah sham. Nes gadol hayah sham. ♪

I flip my latkes in the air sometimes, sayin" hey-o, spin the dreidel. Just wanna celebrate for all eight nights singin", hey-o, light the candle. We say, "Maoz tzur", oh yeah, for all eight nights, then we play dreidel by the candlelight. And I told you once, now I told you twice "bout the miracle of the candlelight. ♫ "Candlelight? by The Maccabeats.

Josette Wheeler

Date: 2015-12-04 19:53 EST
The Nutcracker Grand Pas de deux performed by Josette on her cello

Josette's Introduction: Hello everyone! My name is Josette Wheeler and I'm a principal dancer with the Shanachie Ballet Company. In the spirit of Winterfest and to bring a little holiday cheer to all you listeners out there, I would like to play a piece from a ballet that is very close to my heart. The following piece combines two great loves of mine: the ballet and the cello. The Nutcracker was my very first experience at the ballet and Tchaikovsky's Grand Pas de deux in Act II was the first time I fell in love with the gorgeous sound of the cello. I hope hearing this will transport you to the same magical dream world that was woven for me when I watched the Sugarplum Fairy dance with her Cavalier. Enjoy!

Nutcracker Grand Pas de deux

(Another version I absolutely love with Clara dancing with the Prince and Drosselmeyer. The infinitely lovely Gelsey Kirkland and Mikhail Baryshnikov are fantastic here.)

Dru Granger

Date: 2015-12-04 20:17 EST
Baby, It's Cold Outside - performed by Joshua Stuart & Dru Granger

Both: Hi!

Dru: I'm Dru Granger ...

Josh: And I'm Josh Stuart, and we're guest performers for the Shanachie Theater.

Dru: We wanted to do something for the season, and the nice people here at WHAM! let us use their recording studio to lay down a track for you guys this Winterfest.

Josh: So here's our version of Baby, It's Cold Outside, in which I try to convince my wife she really doesn't need to go home now we're married. ::Dru giggles and is shushed:: Last thing we want is our festive girls getting frostbite, right, guys"

Dru: ::laughing:: Here it is, and we hope you enjoy it!

(I really can't stay) But, baby, it's cold outside (I've got to go away) But, baby, it's cold outside (This evening has been) Been hoping that you'd drop in (So very nice) I'll hold your hands they're just like ice

(My mother will start to worry) Beautiful, what?s your hurry (My father will be pacing the floor) Listen to the fireplace roar (So really I'd better scurry) Beautiful, please don't hurry (Well, maybe just half a drink more) Put some records on while I pour

(The neighbors might think) Baby, it's bad out there (Say what?s in this drink) No cabs to be had out there (I wish I knew how) Your eyes are like starlight now (To break this spell) I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell

(I ought to say no, no, no, sir) Mind if I move in closer (At least I'm gonna say that I tried) What's the sense of hurting my pride (I really can't stay) Baby, don't hold doubt Baby, it's cold outside

(I simply must go) Baby, it's cold outside (The answer is no) Baby, it's cold outside (The welcome has been) How lucky that you dropped in (So nice and warm) Look out the window at the storm

(My sister will be suspicious) Gosh your lips look delicious (My brother will be there at the door) Waves upon a tropical shore (My maiden aunt's mind is vicious) Gosh your lips are delicious (But maybe just a cigarette more) Never such a blizzard before

(I got to get home) But, baby, you'd freeze out there (Say lend me a coat) It's up to your knees out there (You've really been grand) I thrill when you touch my hand (But don't you see) How can you do this thing to me

(There's bound to be talk tomorrow) Think of my life long sorrow (At least there will be plenty implied) If you caught pneumonia and died (I really can't stay) Get over that old doubt Baby, it's cold Baby, it's cold outside

Jonathan Granger

Date: 2015-12-04 21:17 EST
White Christmas

Jon's Introduction: Hello, everyone! I'm Jonathan Granger, one of the actors with the Shanachie Repertory Company. I'm here tonight by request to share with you one of my favorite holiday songs. It was written by Irving Berlin and originally recorded by Bing Crosby in 1942, and it's one of the best known and well loved Christmas songs ever written or recorded. So, here for your listening pleasure is "White Christmas", as sung by the one and only Bing Crosby. I hope you enjoy it, and Happy Holidays, everyone!

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas Just like the ones I used to know Where the treetops glisten and children listen To hear sleigh bells in the snow

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas With every Christmas card I write May your days be merry and bright And may all your Christmases be white

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas Just like the ones I used to know Where the treetops glisten and children listen To hear sleigh bells in the snow

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas With every Christmas card I write May your days be merry and bright And may all your Christmases be white

Arandir

Date: 2015-12-04 22:16 EST
The Christmas Song Performed by Arandir

Arandir's Introduction: Mae g'ovannen. I'm Arandir, and I'm one of the members of the Shanachie Theater Company. Some of you might remember me as Captain Hook from Peter Pan! This is only my second Winterfest in Rhy'Din, so I'm still learning about all the customs and traditions of the holiday season here. I've chosen a song about some of those traditions. It's called "The Christmas Song", but it could just as easily be about Winterfest. I hope you all enjoy it! Chestnuts roasting on an open fire Jack Frost nipping at your nose Yuletide carols being sung by a choir And folks dressed up like Eskimos.

Everybody knows a turkey and some mistletoe Help to make the season bright Tiny tots with their eyes all aglow Will find it hard to sleep tonight.

They know that Santa's on his way He's loaded lots of toys and goodies on his sleigh And every mother's child is going to spy To see if reindeer really know how to fly.

And so I'm offering this simple phrase To kids from one to ninety-two Although it's been said many times many ways Merry Christmas to you.

And so I'm offering this simple phrase To kids from one to ninety-two Although it's been said many times many ways Merry Christmas to you.

Mairead Harker

Date: 2015-12-05 01:42 EST
Maggie's Introduction:

Merry Winterfest, everybody! I'm Maggie Harker, one of the guest performers at Shanachie Theater. I'm currently playing Martha Cratchit in "A Christmas Carol." I brought along some friends from school including my sister, Catie, and my brother, Rick, as well as some of the students in the Shanachie Stars to share one of my favorite winter holiday songs, Winter Wonderland, with you. Ok, everybody, introduce yourselves!

((Song on the video starts at about 2:45))

Annabeth Caldwell

Date: 2015-12-05 02:38 EST
I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, I hope your 25th of December is merry whether you celebrate it or not! I also want to wish everyone a Happy Holiday, and a wonderful holiday season. Whatever you celebrate at the ending of this year, may it be joyous and blessed.

I thought about singing on of my favorite Christmas Songs, "Tennessee Christmas," but in the end since this is my first Christmas without my mother, I decided to go for one of her favorites, "Silent Night."

Silent Night, Holy Night All is calm; all is bright Round yon virgin, mother and child Holy infant so tender and mild Sleep in heavenly peace Sleep in heavenly peace.

Silent Night Holy Night Son of God Love's pure light. Radiant beams from thy holy face With the dawn of redeeming grace Jesus Lord at thy birth Jesus Lord at thy birth.

Silent Night, Holy Night Shepherds quake at the sight Glories stream from heaven afar Heavenly hosts sing "Alleluia" Christ the Savior is born Christ the Savior is born.

Anthony De Luca

Date: 2015-12-06 13:59 EST
O Holy Night

Tony's Introduction: Ciao, Rhy'Din! I'm Tony De Luca, director of the Shanachie Classical Ballet, and I'm here to share with you my favorite Winterfest song. Back home in New York, I grew up in an Italian-American family, where the holidays - especially Christmas - were a pretty big deal. Baking cookies, decorating the house, wrapping presents, and most importantly, going to church. No matter how excited or tired we were, Mamma always made sure we didn't forget what Christmas was really all about. So, I'd like to dedicate this song to my mother, my sisters, my wife and daughter, and all the other families who celebrate this holiday season together. Buon Natale, Rhy'Din!

O Santa Notte, le stelle brillano luminose " la notte della nascita del nostro caro Salvatore da lungo tempo il mondo " nel peccato e si consuma nella colpa finch' egli apparve e l'anima sent' che valeva la pena un fremito di speranza e lo stanco mondo gioisce da lontano sorge un nuovo e glorioso giorno Inginocchiatevi!Sentite le voci degli angeli! Oh notte divina!Oh notte in cui Cristo nacque! Oh notte divina!Oh notte!Oh notte divina!

Deve spezzare le catene perch' lo schiavo " nostro fratello e nel suo nome, devono cessare tutte le oppressioni innalziamo dolci inni di gioia e grati ritornelli fate che tutto in noi lodi il suo santo nome Cristo " il signore che sempre, sempre lodiamo Natale!Natale!Oh notte, oh notte divina! Natale!Natale!Oh notte, oh notte divina! Natale!Natale!Oh notte, oh notte divina!

Christian Benoit

Date: 2015-12-06 14:59 EST
Petite Papa Noel Christian's Introduction: Bonjour! I'm Christian Benoit, one of the soloists with the Shanachie Ballet. I have not been in Rhy'Din very long, so I am still learning about the customs and traditions surrounding Winterfest. One of my favorite holiday songs growing up as a boy in Montreal was "Petite Papa Noel", and this is my favorite version, sung by Celine Dion and accompanied by the Chipmunks. Joyeux Noel and I hope you all enjoy listening to it!

C'est la belle nuit de No"l La neige "tend son manteau blanc Et les yeux lev's vers le ciel " genoux, petits enfants Avant de fermer les paupi'res Font une derni're pri're.

Petit papa No"l Quand tu descendras du ciel Avec des jouets par milliers N'oublie pas mon petit soulier. Mais avant de partir Il faudra bien te couvrir Dehors tu vas avoir si froid C'est un peu " cause de moi.

Il me tarde tant que le jour se l've Pour voir si tu m'as apport" Tous les beaux joujoux que je vois en r've Et que je t'ai command's.

Petit papa No"l Quand tu descendras du ciel Avec des jouets par milliers N'oublie pas mon petit soulier.

Et quand tu seras sur ton beau nuage Viens d'abord sur notre maison Je n'ai pas "t' tous les jours tr's sage Mais j'en demande pardon.

Petit papa No"l Quand tu descendras du ciel Avec des jouets par milliers N'oublie pas mon petit soulier. Petit papa No"l

Kruger

Date: 2016-01-08 09:22 EST
The Music of the Night

Kruger's Introduction:

"Alright all you Anvil fans out there listening....I've got something a little different for you tonight! I am part of the Shanachie, but honestly all I do is act, and this is a music station unless you want me to *act* like Yas. The Anvil could do that and so much more! Like Sing! I do it all the time, but never quite like this. So sit back in your little anvil seats and take a listen to The Anvil's rendition of "The Music of the Night" by Andrew Lloyd Webber."

Night time sharpens, heightens each sensation Darkness stirs and wakes imagination Silently the senses abandon their defenses

Slowly, gently night unfurls it's splendor Grasp it, sense it, tremulous and tender Turn your face away from the garish light of day Turn your thoughts away from cold unfeeling light And listen to the music of the night

Close your eyes and surrender to your darkest dreams Purge your thoughts of the life you knew before Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar And you'll live as you've never lived before

Softly, deftly, music shall caress you hear it, feel it, secretly possess you Open up your mind, let your fantasies unwind In this darkness which you know you cannot fight The darkness of the music of the night

Let your mind start a journey to a strange new world Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before Let your soul take you where you long to be Only then can you belong to me

Floating, falling, sweet intoxication Touch me, trust me, savor each sensation Let the dream begin, let your darker side give in To the power of the music that I write The power of the music of the night

You alone can make my song take flight Help me make the music of the night

(performance by Gerard Butler from the 2004 movie The Phantom of The Opera. )

Lirssa Sarengrave

Date: 2016-01-24 13:12 EST
"Good afternoon, all you fabulous WHAM101.1 listeners! Lirssa al Amat here with Sebastian Ross and the West Egg band. We are honored to bring you one of the many great songs to be found on the upcoming Rhy'Din Nights soundtrack. Both movie and soundtrack are coming out soon! Thanks to WHAM101.1 for letting us perform live in studio."

Listeners can hear the soft opening count and then Unconditionally begins.

—————

Unconditionally by Katy Perry, written by Katy Perry, Dr. Luke, Max Martin and Cirkut

Carina Cox

Date: 2016-02-18 09:59 EST
"Hello! Live at the Shanachie is back with The Phantom of the Opera, running until the 27th of February! I'm Carina Cox, and if you've been paying attention, you'll know I moved from the Repertory Company to the Theater Company over the January break. I've been extremely fortunate to be given the role of Christine in Phantom, and even more fortunate to be allowed to kiss my own husband on stage! All I Ask of You is one of my favorite love songs, and it's amazing to be singing it with a man I really do feel that way about. Anyway, here it is, and I hope you enjoy!"