Topic: WHAM! 101.1FM: Request Line

Yasmin

Date: 2015-12-15 02:45 EST
WHAM! 101.1FM: Request Line

Call in to WHAM! 101.1FM any time, twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, to make your song requests and dedications.

Want to thank your wingman for helping you score that awesome chick last night' Is it your mom's birthday and you forgot to send a card in the mail" Want to say you're sorry to your loved one for leaving the cap off the toothpaste again? Make a dedication to that special person in your life by calling in and tell us what you'd like us to play for them!

Want to dedicate a song to your new girlfriend, but don't know many sweet love songs" Need a dance jam for your office party, and don't care what it is" In the mood for a show tune from your favorite musical, but want to be surprised" Leave your listening pleasure in our experienced hands. ;) Call in and tell us about your dedication or your situation and tell us that you'd like us to pick a song for you.

We hope to hear from you at WHAM-101, that's 942-6101. We'll be leaving the lines open for you.

((OOC Note: This thread is open to everyone. In case it needs to be said, the WHAM! phone line is a fictitious number. At any time, WHAM! listeners are encouraged to call in and make requests. Of course, if a special segment is currently going on, your request will be held until after the segment ends. Unless you state otherwise, please consider that your name and request/dedication message will be played on air, and thus, will be able to be heard and used ICly.

Feel free to include a link to your own song. If you would like to make a request for a song that one of the WHAM! DJs picks for you, please state so and I will pick a song for you. If I don't get back to you within a week or two, please PM me. I may have missed it, but that doesn't mean I'm trying to ignore you. Don't worry about following a particular format or anything, either. Keep in mind though, this is radio. You can write out any narrative, but only sound will go through to the public. Write as you will and just have fun. Questions, comments, concerns" Private message me here.))

Yasmin

Date: 2015-12-15 03:48 EST
Winter Holiday 2015

Hey, this is DJ Zazzy Yas for WHAM! 101.1FM. I was told that I needed to play some more songs in honor of the holidays. In my defense, I just didn't want to be like some of the other radio stations that started their Christmas music the day after Halloween. But I gotta do what the WHAM producers want, so from now until Christmas, I'm going to try to play a few more holiday songs here and there. I'm going to be playing a couple of awesome holiday tunes from my friends at the theater from the "Live at the Shanachie" segment, but I'm gonna run out of ideas for holiday songs to play. Plus, I'm Jewish, so I don't know a whole lot of Christmas tunes. I'm gonna need you to help me out. Call the WHAM Request Line at WHAM-101, or 942-6101 to request your favorite holiday song. Include a dedication if you want. I don't really care.

As an added incentive, anyone who calls between now and Christmas Eve will be given two tickets to the Shanachie Theater's current production of "Cinderella" to see me!

I'm going to start off with one of my favorite holiday songs, something I'm sure you'll all recognize, "All I Want for Christmas?.

((OOC Note: The Shanachie tickets are purely IC, so no need to PM me if you want them or you don't, but feel encouraged to come to the show either way. If you want them, you can pick your tickets up at the WHAM studio in the marketplace, have WHAM mail them to you, or have them reserved for you at the Shanachie - whatever is easier. Feel free to post about your character attending the show in the Cinderella thread, too.))

Ashlyn Radcliffe

Date: 2015-12-15 07:00 EST
"Uh ....oh, do I speak" Okay ....Ashlyn Granger here, from Rhy'Din Museum. We're playing WHAM! constantly here - best place for music while you work! We'd like to request A Fairytale of New York, please - maybe one of us will win the bet on what the real words are! Wonderful Winterfest!"

Levi Clark

Date: 2015-12-15 10:39 EST
"Hi....Levi listening in the courthouse here in Loiuse City! I'd like to hear All I Want For Christmas is You. Thanks!

Addie MacKenzie

Date: 2015-12-15 10:55 EST
"Shh, shh, be quiet! I'm calling! SHH! Ahem. Yeah, I'd like to dedicate Clique by Kanye, Jay-Z and Big Sean to my girls, Michi, Miz, and Scarlet. AND I HAVE ONE MORE!" There's shuffling and laughter before the next dedication runs all together at the talking speed of a hyperactive teenager, "Michi wants to dedicate All of Me to Yas! Ow, ow! Michi, ow! Stop hitting—" Click.

Miranda Bennett

Date: 2015-12-15 20:31 EST
"Hello! My name is Miranda Granger, and I'd like to request a song for my family and for all the families of Rhy'Din. Can you please play Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas ....the Judy Garland version' Thanks and have yourself a merry little Christmas, everyone!"

Annabeth Caldwell

Date: 2015-12-15 20:55 EST
Hey, Yas, it's me, Annabeth. I was wondering if you could play "O Beautiful Star of Bethlehem," for me, and maybe dedicate Handel's "Hallelujah Chorus" to the cast and crew of Rhydin Nights, and "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" to everyone at the Shanachie.

Love you all!

Oh and I just wanted to add, Yas, I hope you had a wonderful Hanukkah.

Spell

Date: 2015-12-15 22:53 EST
"Because we need to put the CHRIST back in CHRISTMAS!" Jesse yelled into the payphone. "Heartstrings come undone! BY DEMON HUNTER!! I DEDICATE THIS SONG TO SADIE!! HI SADIE!!"

"I don't care if you need the phone...What, are you waiting for your drug hook up or something" I have some mushrooms you might be interested in.." there's then a muffled conversation before the phone cuts off.

Rena A Cronin

Date: 2015-12-15 23:40 EST
Two songs: The Eagles "Please Come Home For Christmas" and Vince Guaraldi's "Christmastime is Here"

Ebon Ilnaren

Date: 2015-12-15 23:57 EST
"Yes, this is Governor Ilnaren, and I'd like to dedicate "The Christmas Wish" to all the good folk of Rhy'din."

NorseLady

Date: 2015-12-16 04:15 EST
"Hva am I supposed to do again?" Muffled muttering in the background. "Oh! Nei, 'tis still ringing. Hvordan long am I supposed to wait?" Another muffled reply. "I do not tenk she is going to ans ....Yasmin! Seasons Greetings! Guess hvem"! Ja, 'tis me, for sure. Hvordan har du det' I am alive og fint, takk for the asking!" Pauses as she listens. "Oh ja, I forgot for a moment, min apologies. I would greatly appreciate it if you dedicated a song to Victor fra me. 'Tis one of my favourites and called ....Baby It's Cold Outside! Tusen takk, Yazzy Yas. Farvel for na!" Shy is simply beaming as she returns the cell phone to its owner.

Mairead Harker

Date: 2015-12-16 14:24 EST
"Hiya, Yazzy! It's Maggie Harker. I'd like to hear 'Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree' and please dedicate it to students and staff at Harker's Academy and everybody over at the Shanachie Theater. Merry Winterfest, everybody!"

PrlUnicorn

Date: 2015-12-16 14:34 EST
"Hello' I'd like ta request The Carpenters' 'Merry Christmas, Darling,' fer anyone what?s missin' someone they love durin' the holiday season. Thank ya most kindly." She hung up the phone and closed her eyes; she was one of the people missing someone.

Claire Gallows

Date: 2015-12-16 15:17 EST
"Calling to request Coldplay's Christmas Lights. Umm, the person it's for will know it's for them. Thank you!"

Fliss

Date: 2015-12-16 16:21 EST
A very young voice on the line ...."Hi! I'm Alexei Storm, and my big sister is Fliss Storm, and she recorded a song at your studios but she didn't tell anyone there about it, and my Dad snuck in and got them to put it on Yazzy Zazzy's computer, and we want to hear it! It's Sleigh Ride, and -"

In the background ....Alex, what are you doing?"

"I'm asking for your song on the radio!"

"I don't have a ....wait, my song?! Give me the phone!"

"No! I -" The line goes dead.

Elle Granger

Date: 2015-12-17 17:55 EST
A female voice with a distinctly English accent was heard on the line: "Hullo, love. Elle Marlowe here. You might have had this one already, but if you could play Santa Baby for my own Santa Baby, Dominick Granger, that would be brilliant. Cheers!"

Tommy King

Date: 2015-12-17 18:51 EST
"Ahem. Hello' Hi! This is Tommy King, hanging with my peeps here at Custom Kings and rocking to the tunes on the radio. We'd like to know if we can hear Little Saint Nick by the Beach Boys. Thanks and Happy Holidays from all of us at Custom Kings!"

Michael Donnelly

Date: 2015-12-20 10:39 EST
"Hello! Could you please play Let It Snow and dedicate it to my wife, Elena Donnelly' Thanks so much, and Happy Holidays! Love you, baby!"

Edward Granger

Date: 2015-12-20 10:46 EST
"Hello! I'd like to request My Grown-Up Christmas List for all the people of Earth and Rhy'Din. Thank you, and hope everyone has a happy and peaceful Winterfest."

Anya De Luca

Date: 2015-12-20 11:05 EST
"Zdravstvuyte! A very happy Winterfest from Anya De Luca! Could you play Troika by Prokofiev, please, for my husband, Tony, and our daughter, Sofia?"

Kruger

Date: 2015-12-21 21:35 EST
YAZ! You should have told me you were opening the request line....again. I know I was kind of a bother before, we don't have to go down those roads again....You know I have a real problem judging 100 feet....so no restraining orders necessary. I just want to hear Blue Christmas. I'm feeling kind of in the mood for blue.

Yasmin

Date: 2015-12-22 04:48 EST
Good evening, WHAM! listeners. This is DJ Zazzy Yas for WHAM! 101.1FM and I'm here playing your holiday tunes. Thank you to everyone who has been calling in. In fact, I have more than a crummy "thank you?. I've got gifts! That's right! You see, I recently won one of the grand prizes from The Alchemist's Fire Holiday Sprirt campaign, and WHAM said I couldn't keep the prizes since I was there on official radio business, so I'm giving my prizes to you! I put everyone's name in a hat here....ok, so it's not really a hat. It's really my coffee mug. I tried to do this earlier, but no one told me I should drink my coffee first. So I'm gonna try this again...

First name on my Holiday list is....Addie Alcar! Yeah, I know your voice. You're one of the girls for my band, Trash. Love you guys. Maybe one a little more than most. Let me see what prizes I have to give away....Oh! This will be perfect. I'm giving you my gift certificate good for 15,000 Yen Valu Dinners at Ege Sushi at Kabuki Street. I don't know how much 15,000 Yen will get you, but I'm hoping you and the band can at least share an appetizer on that.

Who is up next' ....Shy! Shy, my girl! Shylah Vulpecula. Wow, I hope I'm saying that right. Oh, man. I'm so excited you called. Ok, I got to give you one of the good ones here....Oh! Got it. My gift certificate good for two All You Can Eat Dinners at Uncle Rege's Ribs at Kabuki Street. My gift for you and Victor.

Ok, next on my list is....Ebon Ilnaren! Wait. Ebon' No, no. Dude, look, love ya, but you're the Gov. You don't need nothing. You own the town, forcryingoutloud. You can just like walk into any of these places and get whatever you want anyway. Look, I'll give you something next time I need to make a traffic ticket go away. I suck up after the fact, not before. Just sayin". I got standards. On to the next prize winner...

Levi Clark! See" This is what I'm talking about....Who the heck is Levi Clark" I don't know you from Adam, but I like the sound of your name. Let me see what I can give you....Here we go! You know what everybody loves" Booze. I'm giving you my gift voucher good for one complimentary bottle of wine from the Sassy Owl Saloon. Cheers, Adam!

So that's it for my first three prizes but, of course, everyone calling in today all the way up to and including Christmas Eve, still gets two tickets to the Shanachie to see me in "Cinderella". Keep those requests coming in at WHAM-101. That's 942-6101. So, until I give my last set of gifts next time, I want to give you "The Greatest Gift? by Kevin Ross.

((OOC Note: Feel free to pick up your tickets and gifts at WHAM studio in the marketplace, have WHAM mail them to you, or have them reserved for you at the Shanachie - whatever is easier. Feel free to post about your character attending the show in the Cinderella thread, too.))

NorseLady

Date: 2015-12-22 12:27 EST
"Hva" She did" Well na, I must call the hot line again!" Muffled talking in the background. "Ja, I meant the *request* line." Shy can feel the heat as her cheeks turn a medium-pinkish hue. "May I use your communications device please?" Just like before, the Viking must wait a couple of minutes until she hears her favourite DJ answer the phone. "Yasmin, I am calling to say tusen takk for the gift certificate, og to request two more songs if 'tis fint med you! This time I shall enjoy hearing ....Winter Wonderland ....dedicated to Victor, naturlig. And ....A Marshmallow World ....to e'erybody in RhyDin! Takk, Yazzy ....I mean Zazzy Yas!"

Lucas Foster

Date: 2015-12-23 18:08 EST
"It's ringing!" declared a boy's voice on the other end of the phone, and then, "Oh, hello! Sorry, can you hold on a minute" I'm calling for my brother." There was a brief pause and then that same voice, a little muffled this time. "Lucas! What song do you wanna hear" Hurry up! They're waiting!" Another pause, and then, "One moment, please. Here! Take the phone!"

This was followed by a clatter, as if someone had dropped the phone, then a scramble, and a new voice was heard on the line. "Hi, Yasmin" Sorry about that. That was my brother, Matt. This is Lucas ....Fliss' boyfriend" Can you please play All I Want For ..."

In the background, Lucas' younger brother was heard saying, "No, not that one!"

"Oh, right ....Can you please play I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus and dedicate it to the Storms" Thank you and Happy Winterfest!" Another pause, then a muffled, "There, are you happy now?" which was followed by gales of laughter before the line went dead.

Olivia Storm

Date: 2015-12-23 18:41 EST
"Um, hello' Oh! Yes, hello!" A peal of laughter, and the sound of a newborn baby objecting to the sound quite close to the phone. "Oh, now, you shush and let me do something for your brother and sister ....Where was I" Oh, yes! Um ....Hello, this is Liv Storm - Olivia Storm - Well, Johnny's wife. Oh! And thank you for the adorable sea monkey toy, Bess sleeps with it in her crib every night! I'm derailed again ....what am I doing?"

There is a pause, and the sound of newborn Bess gumming on the phone briefly before Liv's voice comes back. "I remember now. I wanted to request a couple of songs!" She laughs and there's a rustle of paper. "For our son, Alexei, we'd like you to play 'Zat You, Santa Claus", and for one of our daughters, Maria, could we have Do You Hear What I Hear, please" Thank you! Oh, and I hope you have a blessed Hanukkah!"

Lirssa Sarengrave

Date: 2015-12-24 21:18 EST
"Hi! I'd like to request I'll Be Home For Christmas for all those who can't be home or are dreaming of a home for Christmas.

Yasmin

Date: 2015-12-25 20:40 EST
Good evening and Merry Christmas! You're listening to DJ Zazzy Yas for WHAM! 101.1FM. I'm here playing your holiday tunes because the WHAM execs said I have to. Thank you to everyone who has been calling in because without your help, I wouldn't know what to play. Last time, I gave away some cool prizes I recently won, fair and square, from The Alchemist's Fire Holiday Spirit campaign. But the WHAM executive grinches said I couldn't keep the prizes since I was there on official radio business. But I'm ok with it because I get to give my prizes to you! Someone told me this was bad because it was re-gifting, but I don't think it's the same. I like to think of it as re-prizing. But anyway. I upgraded my "names in a coffee cup" to sticking everyone's name in this little desk-side trash can here to give me more shuffle room. Now, again, some lessons learned....I did at least empty the trash before I threw everyone's name in. The only problem was I got called away and someone ended up throwing all the expired lunches away....so I had to start over. Needless to say, I'm ready now, and I got my final four prizes to give away.

First name on my gift list is.... Annabeth Caldwell! Annabeth, my little mini-me, my fellow actress in "Rhydin Nights"....which I'm legally not allowed to talk about on air, because WHAM hasn't bought any advertising rights yet, so I never mentioned it! As I was saying, I have the perfect gift for you, chica. So you can follow in my footsteps, I'm giving you my invitation for modeling in the next fashion event for Silverblood Design Services. You even get to keep the outfit you model in! I had a blast this year when I modeled for Mai in Fashion Week, so I know you'll have a fun time.

Ok, next on my list is....Rena Cronin! You're one of the awesome duelers I've heard about. You do it all. Magic, swords, fists. I'm all in support of girl power, and I got exactly what you need to help you in that next sword battle. A hand forged kitchen knife crafted by Izumi Takamine at her Paulownia Forge. Don't let it deceive you. It slices and dices - your opponents! I know what you're thinking, and....You're welcome.

Who is up next' ....Colleen MacLeod-Fenner! Let me see what I have left. I'm kinda running out here....Oh! This one will be perfect! I want you to have my gift certificate good for two free days at the Shiroyama Onsen Hot Spring Resort on Kabuki Street. What better way to spend one of these cold winter days than at a hot spring" Now, I don't know exactly what all is included in this package, but the people on this brochure look pretty relaxed in what I'm hoping is a mud bath.

I have one last gift here. The Nutcracker Christmas Tree Ornament Set from Aslakssons Scandinavian Crystal Company. Ahem....Yes, it may have been a nine piece set when I picked it up, but I may have had a little incident on my way here when I may have walked into an area with a lot of extra gravity and one may have slipped out of my hand and may have shattered on the marketplace square....But you know what? Now there are eight, and honestly, that's as many as you need for Hanukkah anyway, so its fine, ok" Let's see who will get what?s left of it....Olivia Storm! That's perfect. You got like eight kids anyway, so that's spot on. Don't worry - I won't be delivering them, so I'm sure the eight will make it to you in mint condition. I'm really excited for you to get these. They are so gorgeous. I mean, look at how the light shimmers off this one -

::sound of something dropping, and shattering::

So, like I was saying, I'm sure you will get all seven of these gorgeous ornaments in perfect condition. Enjoy!

Be sure to keep calling in with any and all of your requests all year round. We hope to hear from you at WHAM-101, 942-6101.

((OOC Note: Feel free to pick up your gifts at WHAM studio in the marketplace, have WHAM mail them to you, or have them reserved for you at the Shanachie - whatever is easier. The thread is now open to any and all requests and dedications. If it needs to be said, the WHAM! Request Line is purely fictitious.))

Yasmin

Date: 2016-02-02 21:44 EST
Valentine's Day 2016

Hello WHAM listeners! It is I, DJ Zazzy Yas, one of your Top 25 Sexiest Women in RhyDin so I know quite a few things about the sexy Valentine's Day holiday, but I want to hear from you! I want you to call in to the WHAM! Request Line at WHAM-101, that's 942-6101, and tell me what sweet or sexy love song you'd like to hear or dedicate to a loved one.

Everyone who calls in before and on Valentine's Day will receive a fiery hot and smokingly sexy Rhy"Din Firefighters Calendar with yours truly as the special centerfold. For every call, WHAM will donate 20 bucks to the Rhy"Din Orphanage, which is the official charity for the calendar. WHAM hasn't actually said that yet, but now that I said it on air, it'll have to get done. Don't worry, WHAM can write it off for tax credit or something. And if I'm feeling extra generous, some random callers might get some extra cool prizes. Guess you'll have to call in and see. Until then, listen to one of my favorite sexy songs by Kings of Leon, Sex on Fire.

((For the Christmas season, WHAM! gave away some cool prizes from people and businesses around Rhy"Din. We'd love to do it again. If your character or business has something you'd like to give away, please PM me ASAP with your business info and what you would like to donate. Obviously, something with a more romantic element would be more fitting for the holiday but, like every guy's Valentine's Day motto, we'll take what we can get.)) ;)

Levi Clark

Date: 2016-02-03 14:20 EST
"Hi Yaz! This is Levi from my RV out in the Glen. My dedication is for Quinn, sexiest being in any multiverse. Can you play When You Sleep by Mary Lambert"

Thanks!"

Jonathan Granger

Date: 2016-02-04 19:41 EST
"Hullo, Yasmin! Jon Granger here! If you don't mind, I'd like to request Moondance by Van Morrison for my lovely wife, Vicki. And can you tell her to always remember Venice? Thank so much, and Happy Valentine's Day!"

emptiedsky

Date: 2016-02-05 19:08 EST
"Aye. dis is coilin. i'd loike ter request can't 'elp fallin' in love,' by ub40 for poorpil."

Simple request from him. "Thanks," muttered before hanging up the phone.

MyNPCName

Date: 2016-02-10 18:04 EST
-Garble- ... -Static- ... -Garble- ...

::A very masculine voice obscured by a robotic voice changing device began to speak slowly.::

"Hel-lo. I would like to dedicate two songs to Crispin Ashwood. Yaz could you please play The Promise by When In Rome and Unconditionally by Katy Perry?"

::The line disconnects.::

NorseLady

Date: 2016-02-10 18:18 EST
One ring-a-dingy. Two ring-a-dingy. Three ring-a-dingy.

"Greetings, Yasmin! Guess hvem! I will greatly appreciate it if you play Stand By Me, by Ben E. King, og dedicate it to Victor fra Shy. Tusen takk!"

The Viking has no idea if the Garou will hear the song she just requested. However, as the old adage goes ....'nothing ventured, nothing gained'. Hopefully, he will be listening to the radio while working at Half-Moon Furnishings, his place of business.

Sabine

Date: 2016-02-11 17:38 EST
A quiet and shy voice spoke when the line was answered.

"Yas, may I please request "Edge of Desire" by John Mayer" Could you please send out a dedication to Josiah from Sabine?"

She hoped that there was a radio where he was working at the Docks today. It was a slim chance but worth it.

Annabeth Caldwell

Date: 2016-02-11 17:42 EST
Hi, Yas. I was wondering if you could play "That's What Friends are For" by Dionne Warwick. Just dedicate it to all my friends, from Annabeth. And just so you know, you're one of them.

Victoria Granger

Date: 2016-02-11 17:54 EST
"Hey, this is Vicki Granger ....could you play "Time after Time" by Cyndi Lauper, and dedicate it to Jon Granger, please" You know, just in case he's in any doubt at all that I'm in this for the long haul!" A long laugh, and the phone clicks off.

Jasmin Granger

Date: 2016-02-11 17:56 EST
"Oh ....oof ....Sorry, baby and phone juggling here ....I Got You, Babe, for my amazing husband, Jack, please" And Yas ....you're awesome!"

Cataclysmic

Date: 2016-02-12 09:52 EST
"Ayooooo Yaz! This is your girl Belle! I'd like to dedicate a very meaningful tribute to one swoon worthy Oswald, my Ozzy Oz working today, Five's When the Lights Go Out." Snickering could be heard on the other end of the line. "And I wanted to know if he wants to go to the Rhydin Planetarium later this weekend" Hope you have a rockin" Valentine's Day Yaz!"

Flowing Tears

Date: 2016-02-12 10:39 EST
"Hey I wanna dedicate Crazy Kids by Ke$ha to my homegurls in the BFF Squad and the best girl band out there in Trash!" Background noise was muffled in the background. "What' Who' The Bee Gees" I can't request How Deep is Your Love from Michi to Yas. She'll kill me!" A pause followed, realizing she hadn't muted the phone. "Oh ****.? Click.

Eden

Date: 2016-02-12 11:16 EST
"Hey Yas! This is Eden Harrington. I'd like to request Trouble by Halsey for Ransom Chandler, with the message: Happy Valentine's Day, baby. Thankya!"

Ransom

Date: 2016-02-12 15:59 EST
"Hey, Yas. This is Ransom. I'd like to dedicate Grizfolk's 'Troublemaker' to my Eden, and I'd like to let her know I love her and I'm wishing her a happy Valentine's Day. Thanks."

Nicanora

Date: 2016-02-12 16:30 EST
"Hi, um, can you play 'Friends' by Ed Sheeran for Will, please" Thank you!"

Oswald

Date: 2016-02-12 17:05 EST
"Hey Yaz! I got a wonderful song from a Beautiful Belle, and I feel that this is a good way to get the message across, right' Could I please request, Larger Than Life by The Backstreet Boys to let her know that I'd love to go watch Heavenly Bodies with a Heavenly Gal? Thank you!"

As the phone was hanging up, there was a snort of laughter!

Yasmin

Date: 2016-02-15 23:17 EST
Good evening, all you WHAM! 101.1FM listeners out there. If you didn't know, this is DJ Zazzy Yas and I'm your rocking DJ of Love, taking credit for making this awesome playlist thanks to your requests. But don't worry, everyone who called in for Valentine's Day is gonna get a smoking hot Firefighter's Calendar. Yes. Yes, that is me on the centerfold. That's right. I'm such big stuff, I need two pages. In addition to the calendars, I got some gifts! I wrote up everyone's names on pieces of paper and stuck them in a hat I pulled off an intern here at the WHAM! studio. I shuffled them and everything, and, well, I don't really care cuz I'm gonna give away the gifts to who I want to because by the time the producers run in here to stop me, it'll be too late cuz I'll be halfway through the giveaway list. Let's begin!

First, I got to give it up to Belle and Oswald for both calling in and making requests. Oh my gosh. Belle calls in with this crazy boy band song, and then Oz has to call in with this literally Larger Than Life boy band song. Like, you both are a couple after my own heart. Let me find a cool couple gift. Ok. Got it. This has to be right up your guys" alley. Free His-and-Her surf lessons with Tommy & Lena King at Custom Kings. Catch up with "em in the spring or summer for some cool waves during the day leading to some very hot nights for you two, I'm sure. You'll thank me later.

Another cool couple who called in" Eden and Ransom. You guys definitely put the tough in "tough love" and I love it. You both need to get all your troubles together and talk it out over a nice cup of hot cocoa so I'm giving you guys this a Hot Chocolate Gift Basket from Incredible Edibles. There's hot chocolate mix, some chocolate candies. I think these are suckers....There's a bunch of these. You won't even miss one....:: cellophane rattling:: Mmm, yeah, I will vouch that these sucker things are very good, so I bet the chocolates are even better. Enjoy, you two!

Speaking of chocolate, I got some delicious chocolate pretzels to share with my Trash girls. Mis girl, I'm giving you this cool sixteen ounce chocolate pretzel tin to share with the band, plus it comes with this gorgeous Scandinavian crystal "Sweetheart' candy dish from Aslakssons. You know....if you want to pass that along to another member of the band, who may be....you know, someone's sweetheart.....but anyway! On to more prizes!

Yasmin

Date: 2016-02-15 23:41 EST
Ok, I got three more cool things to give away....which, I want to point out how stupid it is that I have to give away Valentine's Day prizes the day after Valentine's Day. Apparently some moron locked them all up in their office and wasn't coming back until Monday, so it totally screwed up my Valentine's Day Sunday prize giveaway. But anyway. You guys probably don't care cuz it's free, right"

Who else am I giving stuff to this time" Coilin. I don't know who "poor Pill" is, but she sounds cute, so you better be lookin" pretty cute when you go out with her. In order to do that, you need a new tie, bro. And to get you set up with one, I got you a free men's tie at Weddings by Miranda. You know they got some high quality ties there. You can pick out any one you want. Who knows" You might even be able to use it for your next wedding. Just sayin".

Speaking of, I got another gift here by Weddings by Miranda and I'm giving it to Sabine. I heard you are the new face of Baroness Beauty. You know what that face will need for all your glamour shots" A tiara!!! Or, really....any headpiece you want according to this coupon I got from Weddings by Miranda for one free women's headpiece, which could be a headband, floral hair clip, tiara, whatever. ...I shoulda kept that one for me. That way I coulda showed up at my movie premiere party with a crown, for crying out loud. My last winner is Nicanora! To say I love your song choice is an understatement. Beautiful. It's painfully beautiful. But what I hope is going to be equally beautiful, but not as painful is the gift I want to give you. I got a voucher for one free charm and charm bracelet from Elle Marlowe at Spirit Crystals Jewelers. I heard they have some exquisite pieces, and you'll get your choice to fit you. ...that's what a charm bracelet if for, right' Unless its the magical charm type thing, in which case, get something with a cool enchantment like automatic pancakes on command. That would be a gift that keeps on giving.

Oh! Wait! There's even more stuff I almost forgot about. WHAM! is supposed to shell out some money for the orphanage based on how many of ya'll called. Let me count up my list....one, two, three....nine, eighteen....times twenty bucks....rounding up cuz its for charity....I'm gonna call it an even five hundred crowns. Congrats to the orphanage! See" Everyone's a winner at WHAM!

Alright. I'm done with all this love stuff. Fading out with some good ole Good Charlotte...

((If the winners want to pick up their prizes, feel free to do so here. For everyone else, go ahead and make your requests as you will....until the next promotional period.)) ;)

Yasmin

Date: 2016-05-03 08:11 EST
Mother's Day 2016

Hello! This is DJ Zazzy Yas for WHAM! 101.1FM and I'm here to ask you for your dedication songs to dear ol" mom. Hey, you don't even have to dedicate a song to your mom if you don't want to. That's right " At WHAM, we appreciate any motherly' people out there" by blood, by bond, or by' whatever. Kids wanting to request a song for the woman that raised them' Check. Guys wanting to dedicate a song to the mother of their children" Check. Just call the WHAM Request Line at WHAM-101, or 942-6101 to request the song that says all the things that Hallmark just can't fit on the card. Or hey, want me to pick a song for you? Just call and tell me a bit about why your mom is the best mom in Rhydin, and ask me to pick a perfect song for her on your behalf.

As an added incentive, I'll be providing some fun things for anyone who calls with a mom dedication by May 10th. What better gift would mom love than a nice night of ballet' So, thanks to the Shanachie Theater, I'll be giving each caller two tickets to the "Spring Gala" running until May 15th. And, since I found some pretty cool roses on my way to work, I'll be giving each caller a small rose bush or bundle of a dozen roses, whatever mom would like best. Your choice of red or white.

I'm going to start us off with my favorite maternal song, "You'll be in My Heart".

((OOC Note: Callers can pick up their prizes at the WHAM studio in the marketplace, have WHAM mail them to you (or your mom), or have them reserved for you at the Shanachie - whatever is easier. If callers would like to pick up their prizes, feel free to post so here.))

Dominic Granger

Date: 2016-05-03 11:27 EST
"Hi! This is Dom -

"....and Daisy!"

"And Daisy, yeah, I'm getting there!"

A round of male laughter, punctuated with small girl giggles.

"We wanted to make a request for a very special lady in our lives - In My Daughter's Eyes, by Martina McBride -"

"Because it's all about her, and we want her to know that we totally understand her, and we love her, and yay for the new baby!"

"Shhh, we're not supposed to be telling people about that yet!"

"Oh ....Forget I said that!"

Addie MacKenzie

Date: 2016-05-03 11:50 EST
No name was given but it was a voice that called frequently enough to be recognizable.

"Yeah, um, I'd like to request The Band Perry's song Mother Like Mine, for my mom and all the other moms out there. Love and miss you, Mama. Happy Mother's Day."

Bethany Daly

Date: 2016-05-03 14:44 EST
"Hey, uh ....I'd like to request Because You Loved Me, for Miranda. Love you, Mom, always."

Victoria Granger

Date: 2016-05-03 15:13 EST
"Hey there, it's Vicki Granger here. My mum died when I was very small, but my father always told me these amazing stories about her, about her sense of humor and how she always saw the good in everything, no matter how bad it was. So I'd like to request Always Look On The Bright Side of Life - it was her favorite song, apparently. And, you know, everyone should have something to smile about."

Annabeth Caldwell

Date: 2016-05-03 15:33 EST
"Hi, Yas, it's Annabeth. I was just wondering if you'd play 'Forever Young?' My mom always used to sing it to me, and I guess now in my heart, that is how she'll stay. Thanks!"

Mataya

Date: 2016-05-03 17:57 EST
"Hey, hey, hey! Mataya De Luca here, with my brother, Tony, and my sisters, Teresa and Elena. We'd like to request a song for our mama, Rosita De Luca. We recorded it ourselves, years ago, but we wanted the Andrea Bocelli and Katharine McPhee version of The Prayer. Ti vogliamo bene, mamma!"

Taylor Bennett

Date: 2016-05-03 18:08 EST
"Hi, Yas. This is Taylor Bennett. It's my first time calling WHAM. If it's okay, I'd like to request Tears in Heaven for my mom and all the moms who aren't here anymore. We will never forget them. Thanks!"

Heaven-sent

Date: 2016-05-04 18:09 EST
Floating down from above is a single sheet of stationery. It gently lands in front of Yas.

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah89/heaven_sent9/Pehrs-request_zpsy4bwusqf.jpg

On the back of the child's letter is his request - A Song for Mama by Boyz II Men.

Lirssa Sarengrave

Date: 2016-05-05 09:00 EST
Hiya, Yasmin! Lirssa here. I'd like to dedicate You Raise Me Up to my mom, Fionna! Lots of love, Maman!

Ebon Ilnaren

Date: 2016-05-05 23:26 EST
"Yes, this is Ebon Ilnaren. I'd like to request Julia by the Beatles, well, John Lennon really. Dedicated to the memory of Larana Ilnaren. Thank you."

Jackie Von Tombs

Date: 2016-05-06 22:14 EST
"Oh Hai! This is Jackie Von Tombs. Could you please play 'Bohemian Rhapsody' for my Mum' ...It's a not a confession or anything. I mean. There's no proof. Oh she'd totally love a white rose bush! Thank you!"

Johnny Storm

Date: 2016-05-07 10:27 EST
Childish giggling was the first thing Yas would hear when she took the next caller or callers, as it seemed there was one than one person on the line.

"Go ahead, Alex, this was your idea," a decidedly masculine voice was heard saying in the background.

"Um, hello. My name is Alex," said the caller, a boy of about six with a slight Russian accent. "Can you play 'The Mother's Day Song' for my mom, Olivia Storm, please?"

There was a pause, and then the boy's voice was heard again, somewhat muffled, "Papa! There's smoke coming from the kitchen!"

"Maria is burning the toast again," another voice was heard saying, that of a teenaged girl. "It's okay! We've got it!"

"No, Fliss!" It was the boy's voice again. "Lir will make the toast soggy!"

What Yas and her listeners probably didn't know was that Lir was a baby sea dragon who enjoyed nothing more than putting out fires, even when it wasn't necessary.

"Alex, get off the phone and help your sister!" the man called back.

"Coming, Papa! I have to go now. Can you please tell her the song is from Alex and Maria and Fliss and Bess and Bella and Lir" And tell her that we love her very much. Spasibo! Papa! Bella is eating the bac-" Click.

Benjamin Piers

Date: 2016-05-07 14:43 EST
"Benjamin Piers, could you play 'Mama I'm Coming Home' by Ozzy Osbourne. ...And tell her I'll be there about four in the afternoon."

Desdenova VonTombs

Date: 2016-05-07 14:58 EST
"Hieee. I'm Desdenova. Mom's Pharlen. Uhm. Uhm. Oh. Uhm. Yeah! 'Bohemian Rhapsody'..."

"No Dummy, I already requested that!" Jackie hissed from the side.

"Well, why'd you tell me to say that then"!" Desdenova complained.

"I didn't! You're a dork!"

"You're a dork! ...Uhm. Oh! Could you please play 'Mama Don't Allow' by the Jive Aces?"

"...Are you kidding" Skiffle" Really?" Jackie choked.

"Yeah, Mom likes it and she'll make Dad dance around with her. Thanks!"

Click!

(https://www.youtube.com/watch"v=1tHj1Q39oFQ)

Annie Le

Date: 2016-05-09 14:06 EST
"Dude, mom requests! So boss. This is Annie Le, I'd like to request When I Grow Up by Fever Ray for my mom, Thi Van. Play it super loud so it gets all the way to heaven!"

"I'd also like to request Heartlines by Florence and the Machine, for my aunties Tien Thu and Hue Lam. Thank you for putting up with my shit for all these years! Toi yeu ban!"

Blep

Date: 2016-05-09 19:18 EST
"Hey, y'all, this is Zofie K, and I'd like to request Feel Good Hit of the Summer by Queens of the Stone Age. Kinda....figure the song pretty well outlines what my momma's up to, today. Woowoo!"

Kincaid

Date: 2016-05-17 00:29 EST
"Hey Zazzler, it's me again."

He'd deliberately waited to call until well after Mother's Day, even if his request was marginally related.

"So, I was thinking, maybe, you could play something for....children and moms that don't know each other. Like, for the kids down at Dragon's Gate, and the other orphanages. Kansas, Wayward Son, maybe? Maybe a cover?"

He didn't know his own parents, so a Mother's Day song seemed....well, it made him feel kind of lonely. He smiled, somewhat ruefully, as he disconnected the call and looked at some of the kids he was helping with this week. He didn't have anyone, but the people at the orphanage; they might not feel like they had anyone, either, but now they had him.

Yasmin

Date: 2016-06-11 05:31 EST
Father's Day 2016

Hello, Rhydin! This is DJ Zazzy Yas for WHAM! 101.1FM. I have to start out by saying how blown away I was with the support for Mother's Day. I did not remotely keep track, but I'm going to say we must have doubled our requests during that holiday. But Mother's Day is over and now it's dad's turn, so I say let's show our dads the same love we showed mom and get those requests in by June 20th!

Like always, yes, there are some prizes, and these prizes are awesome because everyone goes home a winner! Actually, you all don't even have to leave home to get this stuff, since you just have to call in and we will be happy to mail it to you or your dad" but I'm getting off topic. Ok, so, what do you get to walk away with' A cool, already gift wrapped box with a special snazzy tie, in a random color and print, made from Tirisano silk. I don't know what that is, but I heard that it's only available from the GrangerGuild Conglomerate and we all know rare things are automatically better. I do have to say, I felt one of these ties up earlier, and" yeah' its definitely gonna do it for the ladies, dads. Really made me want to grab it from around somebody's neck and lead them to the bedroom, if you know what I'm sayin". "Wait. Me plugging that like that probably is just gonna result in the dads calling in....Ha! Ok, redo.

We got some more cool stuff than just a tie for dad. If you haven't heard of the insane Vampire Exhibit at the Otherworld Museum, you have been missing out. But no longer! Cuz two tickets to the exhibit are in the "Dad Box", one for you and one for dear old dad so you guys can spend some quality time together. Or you can let him and mom go. I don't really care. The exhibit runs until June 24th so, either way, you got some time to check it out. I've heard some good things from people who have attended the exhibit, which has new stuff featured each week. How awesome is that' I can't even say that. Half the time, I'm just playing the same songs every day just in a different order and I don't even care who notices.

Last, but certainly not least, included on the top of the box is a "Buy One, Get One Free" coupon for the new shop, EJ's Specialty Books. Before you head over to dad's, stop by and get a book for you and pick up one for dad for free! Specializing in comic, graphic novel, and manga, the shop also can help with your rare book needs. Come on, every dad wants a book about his favorite hobby that he never gets to do. Besides, if you opt to take dad on the shopping trip with you, go on a Friday and give dad a complimentary breakfast cuz every Friday the store offers free donuts. Score!

Ok, I'm gonna kick the requests off with one of my new favorites. I don't know how I heard this song from Jordan Feliz recently, but I loved it as soon as I heard it and thought it would be perfect for my Father's Day Requests run. Even though this song was written by a new father about his precious baby girl, I believe it is perfect for fathers for sons and daughters alike, and all parents, really. This amazing song proves that a father's love knows no bounds. Here's "Never Too Far Gone".

((OOC Note: Callers can pick up their prizes at the WHAM studio in the marketplace, or have WHAM mail them to you (or your dad). If callers would like to pick up their prizes, feel free to post so here. Anyone who would like to attend the Vampire Exhibit is encouraged to post their outfit and experiences here. Those who make a request for a song dedicated to someone they consider to be like a father figure will be given a special icon.))

Claire Gallows

Date: 2016-06-11 08:03 EST
"Hi Yas. I've got two requests if you don't mind. If I could hear Conway Twitty's That's My Job for the dads that can't be with us. We miss you more than you know.

And um, if you get the chance, there are a couple amazing men I know that deserve the best of things this Father's Day. So for Cooper and for Zack, could you play Song for Dad by Keith Urban? Thank you and Happy Father's Day to all of the dads!"

Olivia Storm

Date: 2016-06-11 09:28 EST
At the beep, there is a long drawn out gurgle of the baby persuasion, and a loud giggle from further away.

"Hi, this is Liv Storm - with Fliss, Alex, Maria and Bess. Could you play -"

"Papa's song, Mama!"

"Shh, she's talking!"

"..."

"Not you, Mar, you're perfect."

"What, I'm not perfect?"

"No, you're an annoying little peanut!"

There's a cacophony of laughter from the other end of the phone before Liv speaks again.

"Could you play Don't Stop Me Now for Johnny, please? Best Daddy ever!"

Isabelle Jackson

Date: 2016-06-11 09:45 EST
"I lost my father when I was young, and I know there are plenty of people out there who have felt the same tragedy. For me, and for them ....Dance With My Father, by Luther Vandross, please."

Heaven-sent

Date: 2016-06-14 14:57 EST
Like last month, a single sheet of stationery floats down from above and gently lands in front of Yas.

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah89/heaven_sent9/Pehrs-request-Daddy_zps499fvbab.jpg

On the back of the child's letter is his request - Daddy's Hands by Holly Dunn

Marissa

Date: 2016-06-14 18:37 EST
A female caller asked quietly, almost timidly, "Can you please play Skipping by Eddie Vedder for both my dads, wherever they are? Thank you." She hung up the phone without offering a name.

Miranda Bennett

Date: 2016-06-14 20:56 EST
"Hi, Yas! This is Miranda Bennett!"

"And Bethany Daly!"

"We'd like to request Father's Eyes by Amy Grant."

"Can you please dedicate it to my dad, Rufus Bennett?"

"Because he's the best! Love, you Rufio!"

Jackie Von Tombs

Date: 2016-06-17 18:55 EST
"Hiya! Jackie Von Tombs here, please play "Hold On, I'm Coming" by B.B. King and Eric Clapton for my daddy, Jack Von Tombs? Because nothing stops Dad when he knows we need him. Oh, and uhm. Totally not the vampire tickets. Dad's got this um thing about vampires that's so not-good. Ties are good! I don't even want to know what Mum and Dad do with ties."

Desdenova VonTombs

Date: 2016-06-17 19:00 EST
"My Turn..." Desdenova simply swiped his sister's phone before she could hang up, chortling, "For Dad, uhm, 'Astronomy'."

Jackie sputtered a laugh.

"Astronomy?! It was Mom who was tiddily on happy drugs and named you!"

"Yeah, but he's the one that put the album on," Desdenova snickered, "Thank you! Totally no Vampire Museu....That sounds cool, let's go check it out."

"Okay. Byeeee, Thanks!" Jackie agreed, cutting off the call.

Jonathan Granger

Date: 2016-06-18 09:53 EST
"Hi, Yas! Jon Granger here! Can you play My Father's Eyes by Eric Clapton for Humphrey Granger, because he's the closest thing to a father I've got. Thanks! And Happy Father's Day to all the Dads in Rhy'Din!"

Elle Granger

Date: 2016-06-18 10:15 EST
"Wotcha, Yasmin! This is Elle and Daisy Granger, and we'd like to hear Father Figure by George Michael and please dedicate it to Daddy Dom because he's the best Daddy ever. Cheers, luv!"

Doran Ilnaren

Date: 2016-06-18 21:58 EST
"Hi, Yasmin! This is Doran, from the Shanachie, calling with a request from my sisters and me. Can you play A Father's Love by George Strait, for our dad, Ebon Ilnaren?"

Cataclysmic

Date: 2016-06-19 09:29 EST
For Father's Day, Belle's request was noticeably quieter than her playful one a few months before. Managing to clear her throat before speaking, she didn't choke up until the very end. ?Hey Yas, this is Belle. I'd like to dedicate Lonestar's "I'm Already There" for my Papa...and Mama. Thanks." An immediate click followed disconnecting the call.

KC

Date: 2016-06-19 17:43 EST
KC, with phone tucked between ear and shoulder, was busy painting a customers nails when calling in. "I'd like to dedicate Mulan's Be a Man to my Noona this Father's day. She might not have a dick but she pulled double duty when it came to raising our family. I love you Noona!"

Yasmin

Date: 2016-08-05 00:23 EST
Days of Summer 2016

Good evening, Rhydinians. This is DJ Zazzy Yas and I have a special thing going for my Request Line. In honor of the Days of Summer, anyone who calls in with a request that's somewhat summer themed gets to pick their prize! So what do I got to offer"

The best way to enjoy summer is getting out there and living it up in the sun. For an awesome trip out, head on down to Shanachie Ampitheater where the Starlight Traveling Theater is doing "One Thousand and One Nights" until September 1st, so you got all of August to check them out. For those that don't know, it's about the brilliant Scheree-ee-her-ee" I think there's a "z" in there somewhere" you know what, her name doesn't really matter much, but she had married this terrible King who was going to kill her in the morning, as he had done with all of his previous wives each day. The first night, she decided to tell him a story and stopped in the middle of the tale at the end of the night. Wanting to hear the rest of the story, he held off on her execution. The next night, she finished the story, and promptly began another that she then refused to finish until the next night. A thousand and one nights later"

Well, you got to check it out to find out what happened. Showtime is 4 PM every day but Wednesday, rain or shine. If you pick this prize, you get a coupon for half off your tickets that day, no limit! So bring the whole gang. You'll also get a coupon for half off your order at Nicole's Bistro and Pizzeria. Call ahead any day but Sunday and order a pick-up picnic basket with sub sandwiches, calzones, hoagies, loaded salads, sides, and anything else you want. Don't worry, they know we're doing the promotion. WHAM!'s gonna be giving them blue picnic baskets to use. Oh, and get extra drinks with your stuff too, cuz you got to stay hydrated. Heck, why not, since they're half off, right' Anyway, if you want this prize, when you call in, ask for the "Dinner and a Show in the Sun" gift.

The other cool prize we got is one where you can spend the rest of your summer on the waves, or refreshing your own beach blonde waves in the salon. Of course, when it comes to surfing, only one place comes to mind. Custom Kings Surf and Snowboard Shop. If you're not an avid surfer already, you and a friend will get a free surfing lesson! If you already know what you're doing, you'll instead get a coupon for half off a custom made surf board! And to get a cool beach look before you hit the waves, you'll be stopping by the Hair or Dye Salon. You'll get half off your entire set of services, so you might as well get decked out with a cut, color, styling, and braiding. Now, WHAM! is giving out the half off coupon, but let me add this. If you get your hair dyed with at least half of it being whatever shades of blue you want, send me a pic and a receipt and I'll pay for your whole service myself. I'm determined to have this summer be The Year of The Yas. So, if that gift sounds cool to you, when you call in with your summer song, say you want the "Dyeing to Surf" prize.

You may be asking yourself, why all the "half off" coupons. Well, WHAM! is going to be covering the other half in all these things, and they are super cheap and don't want to give you all free stuff. So, I say, ya'll should call in and make WHAM! have to pay out the nose.

I'm gonna kick it off with one of my favorite summer songs, "Boys of Summer" by Don Henley.

((OOC Note: This time, the play is a little different' To build on the community spirit, those who post a song request are also strongly encouraged to post about their experiences. You can post in your own thread, in one of the businesses" threads, or in the WHAM! prize pick up thread. As always, callers can pick up their prizes at the WHAM! studio in the marketplace or have WHAM! mail them to you. From there, it's up to you. Post to say how well you liked "One Thousand and One Nights". Leave a message of what you'd like to order from the bistro and pizzeria. Contact Tommy King to have him design a surfboard for you. Post a picture of your new hair after Grace Cassidy fixes it up. The stories are in your hands. Questions" PM me. Am I really gonna "make" you post about your experience" No. But I will know, and Yas will know. Ok, Yas won't know, but she will be disappointed in you and just won't have a reason why. But since when did Yas need a reason for anything")) :P

Cameron Blaine

Date: 2016-08-07 09:13 EST
"Hey! It's Cameron here ....shh, yes, I'm doing it ....with Andy and Jesse, and we'd like to request Walking On Sunshine, by Katrina and the Waves, for our little sister, Alyssa.

....what? Oh!

And the boys want dinner and a show, if that's okay. I can't believe you got me to do that ..."

Ebon Ilnaren

Date: 2016-08-08 23:16 EST
"Hullo, Yasmin! This is Ebon Ilnaren....could you play Saturday In The Park by Chicago' It may not be an obvious summer song, but to me it epitomizes a great summer day....and hey, I think it was the Fourth of July."

"Oh, and I'll take dinner and a show in the sun!"

NorseLady

Date: 2016-08-09 03:28 EST
"Greetings, Zazzy Yasmin! 'Tis me ....Shy. I must admit that Sommer is not my favourite Season, especially when 'tis so (bleep) hot og humid outside!" A clearing of throat. "Pardon me, I got o'erly excited for a moment. Anyway, I have a private Sommer place in Arcadia, on Fis ..." Muffled interruption in the background. "Uff da! Very weil. Ne'ermind the location, Yasmin. Min request is Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith and His Orchestra. I simply adore instrumentals!

I am tenkning I shall choose the 'Dinner and a Show in the Sun' gift."

Before hanging up Shy quickly adds, "Oh! If anyone wants to hear the song lyrics perhaps you will ogs" play Andy Williams version' Takk, Yas, og farvel for na!"

Michi

Date: 2016-08-20 18:08 EST
"Give me some of that Cool for the Summer by Demi Lovato!" Michi laughed. "And to a certain someone, you know who you are, you better come down to the New Haven party tomorrow to hang out.!"

Rena A Cronin

Date: 2016-08-21 14:24 EST
DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince-Summertime please and I'll take the dinner and show.

lhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr0tTbTbmVA

Taneth

Date: 2016-08-21 17:17 EST
Someone called in and then there was a shuffle before an excited Taneth spoke on the phone after making kissy noises.

"We want Surfin' U.S.A and someone said they are sung by these boys at the beach. We also would very much like to have the Dyeing to Surf prize thing, please and thank you. Hello, my loves!!!"

Yasmin

Date: 2016-12-18 18:19 EST
Winter Holiday 2016

This DJ Zazzy Yas for WHAM! 101.1FM, and it's that time of year again! From now until Christmas, I want you to call in and tell me one of your favorite Christmas songs, so I can play it on the air. Actually, I'll take any winter holiday themed song, or just winter songs in general. Heck, I'm Jewish-ish, and I want to play some of my people's songs, too!

Just call the WHAM Request Line at WHAM-101, or 942-6101 to request your favorite holiday song. Include a dedication if you want. I'm not picky. As an added incentive, anyone who calls between now and Christmas Eve will be given two tickets to the Shanachie Theater's current production of "The Nutcracker" which will be running until the end of the year.

I'm going to kick off the season with one of my favorite holiday songs, something I'm sure you'll all recognize, "The 12 Days of Christmas".

((OOC Note: The Shanachie tickets are purely IC, so no need to PM me if you want them or you don't, but feel encouraged to come to the show either way. If you want them, you can pick your tickets up at the WHAM studio in the marketplace, have WHAM mail them to you, or have them reserved for you at the Shanachie - whatever is easier. Feel free to post about your character attending the show, too.))

Marissa

Date: 2016-12-19 21:34 EST
Marissa had only requested a song once before, but there was no better time to repeat that than Christmas. Anyway, it was hard to resist a free pair of tickets to The Nutcracker! "Hello! My name is Marissa, and I'd like to request Sleigh Ride by the Ronettes, please? It's one of my favorites."

She stayed on the line so that she could arrange to have the tickets held for her at the Shanachie box office. She just hoped Emrys would enjoy the ballet. After all, his sister Seren was dancing in it!

NorseLady

Date: 2016-12-21 14:42 EST
This definitely is one of Shy's favourite times of the year. So, when she hears DJ Zazzy Yas' announcement the female Viking does not hesitate to call into the WHAM! 101.1FM station. Besides, she thoroughly enjoys listening to all of the tunes played when the request lines are open. This probably comes as no big surprise to Yas.

"Seasons Greetings, min venn! 'Tis I, Shy, og I am requesting the song Believe by Josh Groban, og dedicating it to all of the children of RhyDin, including those hvem are children at hjerte! God Jul og Godt Nytt"r to e'eryone!"

Lyneth Granger

Date: 2016-12-22 05:39 EST
"It's Christmas! And can I have, um ....(momentary whispering) ....Merry Christmas Everyone, by Snakey Stevepants, please and thank you? Merry Christmas!"

Eregor

Date: 2016-12-26 22:17 EST
Sunday 25 December

"Yes, this is Eregor and I wanted to request 'The Christmas Wish' if I could. No, the version sung by Kermit the Frog. It goes out to everyone....thank you!"

Yasmin

Date: 2017-02-12 13:30 EST
Valentine's Day 2017

Hello WHAM listeners! DJ Zazzy Yas here wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day!

As one of your Top 25 Sexiest Women in RhyDin, I know quite a few things about the sexy holiday, but you hear me all the time. I want to hear from you! I want you to call in to the WHAM! Request Line at WHAM-101, that's 942-6101, and tell me what sweet or sexy love song you'd like to hear or dedicate to a loved one. Anyone who calls in by Friday with their request will get two tickets "Fame" showing at the Shanachie Theater until the end of the week.

For those of you that are a little radio shy, there is an awesome thing going on now for you to deliver a secret message to someone special. Its called Hearts Entwined: A Valentine's Day Exchange, where you can hang your Valentine message on the Heart Tree. And for all of those who don't have anyone just yet, I'm playing a special song dedicated to you, "Song for the Lonely" by Cher.

((I'm not affiliated with the Hearts Entwined event, but I think it's really cool and wanted to support it. Also, side note: The WHAM! 101.1FM phone number is fake, so please don't call whatever poor soul has that number.))

Heaven-sent

Date: 2017-02-13 14:34 EST
http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah89/heaven_sent9/val-day-2017_zpsoqogkojy.jpg

On the back of the child's letter is his request - What A Wonderful World.

Mallory

Date: 2017-02-13 16:24 EST
"Hey. Yeah — it's Mallory St. Martin. St. Martin, two words. Yeah, I got a song in mind. I'll hold."

"Hey WHAM 101 and DJ Yazzy, can you help me out' Play Gimme Shelter by the Rolling Stones. Also, I'm sorry for blowing you off, Kate — I'm kind of a dick."

Click.

Ed

Date: 2017-02-13 16:51 EST
"H-hi!

"Hi. Hello. Um. Hi, this is Ed. Smith. Ed Smith.

"I'd like to request a song for Valentine's. For Patrick Richie. Trick.

"Um. Could you play please—" Muffled giggle. "—um, Teenage Dream by Katy Perry and dedicate it to him for me" Please and thank you?

"Thank you. Happy Valentine's, Trick! Mwuah!"

Spell

Date: 2017-02-13 17:44 EST
"HELLO" YES, I AM MAKING A CALL SO GIVE ME A DAMN MOMENT! OKAY, HELLO" YES I WOULD LIKE TO REQUEST A SONG FOR CLAIRE! Hold on some homeless guy is yelling at me. Yes, I can see your privates and it's very nice but i'm making a phone call...okay just go ahead and pees on that wall. HELLO" PLEASE PLAY THAT TALK DIRTY TO ME SONG! Look shut the hell up I'm about to tell them...SO IT'S FROM GIZZLE THE GOBLIN. Yeah I told them it's from you, so you can shut up now. I'M HANGING UP NOW."

Ed

Date: 2017-02-14 13:48 EST
"Hi, it's me again. Ed Smith...

"Yes, I called yesterday. Today's more important, though.

"IT'S VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

"I want everybody to know I have the best boyfriend in the multiverse, and I love him tremendously—

"HI, TRICK! I LOVE YOU!!

"—and could you please play the Blue Man Group's remake of Donna Summer's I Feel Love just for me and him, and for everybody else who might be feeling as GREAT as I do today too' Please and thank you?

"Thanks bye!"

Ransom

Date: 2017-02-14 14:11 EST
"Hey, Yas. It's Ransom. I'd like to request "Chances Are" by Johnny Mathis, and I'd like to dedicate to my Eden with the message "Happy Valentine's Day, babe. I love you." Thanks!"

Ed

Date: 2017-02-15 12:45 EST
"Hi, Yaaaas!

"Hi, Rhydin!

"It's me again! Ed Smith.

"Yes, I'd like to make another request. Yes, it's for Trick again.

"HI, TRICK! I LOVE YOU!!

"Yes. Request. Yes, could you please play U Smile by Justin Bieber for me" Please" Pretty please with sugar on top? Thank yooooooou!

"Thanks, bye!"

Patrick

Date: 2017-02-25 12:58 EST
"Hey! I'd like to make a request to hear, um, Shape Of You by Ed Sheeran and I'd like it dedicated to my boyfriend, Eddie. Thanks, Yas!"

Mallory

Date: 2017-02-27 09:47 EST
"Seriously, I got through again" Okay, then make it Do I Wanna Know? by the Arctic freakin' Monkeys."

Mairead Harker

Date: 2017-04-09 10:34 EST
"Hiya, Yazzy! This is Maggie Harker on the line! I was hoping you could play something for all the people working so hard to make the Children's Day events fun for the kids and teenagers this year!"

Yasmin

Date: 2017-04-09 13:19 EST
"Hiya, Yazzy! This is Maggie Harker on the line! I was hoping you could play something for all the people working so hard to make the Children's Day events fun for the kids and teenagers this year!" Definitely, Miss Maggie!

A sincere thank you to everyone who has been helping out to make Children's Day something special. Your compassion and your love is breathtaking. For the children who've tasted hopelessness and know what heartache is, through all of it, love remains. Rhydin is such a wonderful place that gives us the chance to give everyone another chance and make all things new. There's no disaster that we cannot undo if we work together. Thank you for everything that you do, because no matter how big or small the contribution, the love behind it is all that matters. Thank you for showing the children know how much you care.

Here's "All That Matters" by Colton Dixon.

Mairead Harker

Date: 2017-04-11 07:01 EST
Definitely, Miss Maggie!

A sincere thank you to everyone who has been helping out to make Children's Day something special. Your compassion and your love is breathtaking. For the children who've tasted hopelessness and know what heartache is, through all of it, love remains. Rhydin is such a wonderful place that gives us the chance to give everyone another chance and make all things new. There's no disaster that we cannot undo if we work together. Thank you for everything that you do, because no matter how big or small the contribution, the love behind it is all that matters. Thank you for showing the children know how much you care.

Here's "All That Matters" by Colton Dixon.

"Thanks, Yazzy! Good luck on the May Queen thing!"

Patrick

Date: 2017-05-11 09:02 EST
"Hey, could you play Ruth B.'s If This Is Love" Thanks."

Yasmin

Date: 2017-05-12 22:52 EST
Mother's Day 2017

Hey, everyone! You're listening to DJ Zazzy Yas for WHAM! 101.1FM and I am getting in the Mother's Day spirit. I want you to call in and tell me about your loving mom, aunt, sister, or anyone else that you feel like has earned the honorable title of Mom whether it be biological, psychological, emotional, mental, and all those other sciences.

Just call the WHAM Request Line at WHAM-101, or 942-6101 to request the song that says all the things that Hallmark just can't fit on the card. Or hey, want me to pick a song for you? Just call and tell me a bit about why your mom is the best mom in Rhydin, and ask me to pick a perfect song for her on your behalf.

As an added incentive, I'll be providing some fun things for anyone who calls with a dedication by May 15th. I'll be starting out with two tickets to the Shanachie Theater, so you and your mom can see the lovely and talented me in "Grease" running until May 20th. And I'm even going to throw in a special floral prize, the Mother's Day Special from Matilda's Bloomers. Hot pink roses, orange tulips, yellow mums, and other beautiful flowers in a turquoise glass vase. WHAM! has even set it up where we will have it delivered to your mom's address" mostly because delivery came with it for free from Matlida's, but you and your mom don't need to know that.

I'm going to start us off with "Never Been a Moment" because there's never been a moment our moms haven't been there for us.

((OOC Note: Callers can pick up their prizes at the WHAM studio in the marketplace, have WHAM! mail them to you (or your mom), or have them reserved for you at the Shanachie - whatever is easier. If callers would like to pick up their prizes, feel free to post so here.))

Annabeth Caldwell

Date: 2017-05-12 23:44 EST
"Hey, Yas, hon. It's me, Annabeth. Could you please play 'How Can I Help You to Say Goodbye,' by Patty Loveless in memory of my mother?

"And don't worry about the tickets or the flowers, just give mine to someone else who calls in, or something.

"Love ya, hon."

-

Date: 2017-05-13 01:12 EST
Mmnnn.....Yes, this is the request line, right' Not quite Mother's Day, I suppose, but what are traditions for except to be kept' No, I won't hold. Just toss out 'Cats in the Cradle' for Olivie. Thanks. No tickets, no flowers. *Click.*

Mairead Harker

Date: 2017-05-13 03:37 EST
"Hiya, Yazzy! It's Maggie Harker here with Catie and Rick! We'd like to request 'The Best Day' by Taylor Swift for our Mama, Rhiannon Harker. We'd also like to request 'Who I Am' by Jessica Andrews for our Gran." The request was followed by the buzz of three children quickly discussing something. "Oh, yeah! Yazzy, We'd like to suggest that any unclaimed flowers and tickets be donated to mothers that are in nursing homes or retirement homes. Some of them don't have their kids with them anymore and might like to be remembered."

King

Date: 2017-05-13 19:28 EST
"Requestin' James Dean & Audrey Hepburn from Sleeping With Sirens. Ayo, Gabby. You better be ready to be pampered tomorrow."

Jackie Von Tombs

Date: 2017-05-13 20:58 EST
"Hiiieeee, I'm Jackie Von Tombs, and uhm you know, my Mom, Pharlen Von Tombs, is the best in the entire multiverse. I mean, ever. Right' And uhm, I'm REALLY SORRY about the pressure cooker thing. I mean, I watched the 'Tube tutorial on how to use it like a juice extractor, and uh well, I mean it wasn't as BAD as it could have been, right' I mean, Des did keep it from blowing the entire house up. He really wasn't involved in it, honest, I mean, he just is usually guilty by association, not always. Anyhow, think of how much I've learned from the contractors about restoring Victorian kitchens! It's a lot! Who know that plaster and lathe was so complex?!"

Jackie almost hung up but then remembered the dedication thing.

"Oh, uhm, 'Mother and Child Reunion'. Cuz Mom's really pissed at me this time," Jackie added sheepishly, "I'm really sorry, Mom! I love you! Uhhh if this wins, I'll totally pick the stuff up because we live in Hollywood California, kinda far for anyone to deliver."

Noah Bird

Date: 2017-05-14 03:03 EST
"Hi There, Can you please play something for me....Its for my mother Aja Bird.

'Do I make your proud.' by Taylor something. I think it hicks..."

Addie MacKenzie

Date: 2017-05-14 11:38 EST
"YAZZY! Hey, it's Addie. Um, I wanna dedicate Halestorm's Dear Daughter to my mom, Raven. I'm glad to have her back and I'm grateful for what she's taught me. OH! And, haha, Happy Mother's Day to Michi for being the mom of the band. Ow, hey! What, it's true?" Playful violence ensued, the phone jostling and picking up laughter and smacks. "Eeee, gotta go. Thanks Yaz!" Click.

Desdenova VonTombs

Date: 2017-05-14 18:39 EST
"Hi! I'm Desdenova. Uhm, I'm mad at Mom, Pharlen, but I love her anyhow and it's Mother's Day, so, I guess I don't get to be mad at Mom today. So uhm Burnin' Down the House by the Talking Heads."

Lucas Foster

Date: 2017-05-14 20:01 EST
"Hello! I'd like to request Wind Beneath My Wings, for my Mom, Jessica Foster, from her sons Lucas and Matt."

He wasn't calling so he could get his mother free theater tickets or flowers; those were just a bonus. He was calling because he wanted his mother to know just how much she meant to both him and his brother. She was the reason they were alive, and she was the reason they were in Rhy'Din. She really was their hero. What mother wasn't?

"And Happy Mother's Day!" another voice, presumably belonging to his brother Matt, was heard saying in the background.

"Yeah, Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers in Rhy'Din," Lucas echoed. "Thank you!"

Hocus Pocus

Date: 2017-05-14 21:39 EST
"Yo, this is Xzavier. I want to send out a Mother's Day request, uh, I don't really want to say to who, kinda cause she doesn't actually know she's my mom and I mean, if you know who I was talking about, you'd understand why I want to keep it that way. But I kinda hope she hears it and it makes her smile or at least maybe she doesn't commit any dark atrocities in the shadow of some nameless gods today. You know, just like, I hope she has a swell day. Maybe she hears this and she decides to go have some ice cream and visit with her church-y kinda girlfriend, friend, whatever it is those two have, I don't really want to break that down and examine it cause like, jeez, just, no, I worry about things like that, not like that maybe my mom's gay, that'd be rad and whatever, but more like, I just don't want to know the details of her maybe/maybe-not love life, you know" Anyway. I may have been drinking today. I do a lot of drinking on mother's day. Father's day, too. Basically every holiday, cause they're all family oriented and crap. Except Halloween. I'm stone sober on Halloween. *hic, laughter* Yeah. Totally sober on Halloween. Anyway, if you could play I Am Ur Leader, I'd dig that. Thanks. Oh, and P.S., shout out to TRASH. You girls rule. PEACE OUT."

Mallory

Date: 2017-05-16 16:50 EST
"Hey, it's Mallory, and I need the Cranberries to get my sad brain through the rest of this shift. Save a life and play Linger" Thanks."

Ebon Ilnaren

Date: 2017-05-17 00:02 EST
"Hi, this is Ebon....I think I made this same request last year, but can you please play Julia by the Beatles? It's from the White Album, and I request it in memory of all the moms who may no longer be with us in life, but who will always live within our hearts. Thank you!"

Yasmin

Date: 2017-06-16 22:37 EST
Father's Day 2017

This is DJ Zazzy Yas and you're listening to WHAM! 101.1FM. Who knew Father's Day is this weekend!"! To celebrate all of our father figures, I want you to call in and tell me about your awesome dad, uncle, grandpa, or anyone else that you feel like has earned the title of 'Dad' whether it be biological, psychological, or emotionalogical.

Just call the WHAM Request Line at WHAM-101, that's 942-6101, to request the song that sums up all your feelings for dear old dad. Or hey, want me to pick a song for you? Just call and tell me why your dad is so awesome, and ask me to pick the perfect song on your behalf.

As an added gift, I'll be throwing in some new tunes from breakout artist, David Harada and his album which came out on May 8th.

As far as the WHAM! tunes go, I'm going to start us off with a song by Dan + Shay.

((OOC Note: Callers can pick up their gifts at the WHAM studio in the marketplace or have WHAM! mail them to you (or your dad). If callers would like to pick up their prizes, feel free to post about it here.))

Isabelle Jackson

Date: 2017-06-17 09:16 EST
"Hello, Yaz. I know I requested it last year, but this song means the world to me. For everyone who can't be with their father ....Dance With My Father by Luther Vandross, please."

Doran Ilnaren

Date: 2017-06-17 23:26 EST
"Hi, Yas....this is Doran Ilnaren. There's a song my dad would always sing for us whenever we had trouble getting to sleep. Could you play 'Silent Lucidity' by Queensryche please?"

Edward Ives

Date: 2017-06-18 22:26 EST
"Hi Yasmin, this is " Well my friends call me E," then muttered, "among other things?" He cleared his throat. "Anyway, I'd like to send my Dad a Happy Father's Day and request the song "I believe in Happy Endings" by Neil Diamond please. Hope to see you soon Dad. Love you.?

Mairead Harker

Date: 2017-06-19 00:42 EST
"Hiya, Yazzy! It's the Harker kids plus a few calling you up today! We're a little late because some of us were over at the Spring Gala tonight!"

Katie's voice piped in with, "Can you play 'Just Fishin'?"

Rick added, "Can you play it for Da, Grandpa Tass, and Uncle Bertie?"

Rhiannon Brock

Date: 2017-06-19 00:51 EST
A pair of squealing toddlers called into the phone, "Hi Da!!"

Rhi couldn't help but laugh at the antics. "Hi, Yasmin! Could you please play 'My Front Porch Looking in' for Eregor" Happy father's day! Would you mind playing 'Daddy Dance with Me' for Papa Tass" Thanks bunches!"

PrlUnicorn

Date: 2017-06-19 01:18 EST
She didn't say who she was, but her voice wasn't disguised.

"Hello, Yasmin. Could ya play 'Cat's in the Cradle' fer the fathers out there that are missin' seein' their children grow up. Thank ya so much."

Yasmin

Date: 2017-07-21 17:41 EST
http://i66.tinypic.com/21m4ztz.jpg

WHAM! 101.1FM presents the DJ formerly known as Zazzy Yas" Yassidy! New name. New look. New Yas"

Billboards were changed overnight and flyers circulated around Rhydin to showcase the news from the WHAM! 101FM studios.

Gossip columns had their own take on the news:

Rumors flew if the stunt was orchestrated by the radio station, or if Yas concocted the idea herself. Before being cut off by lawyers, the manager of WHAM! 101.1FM Studios was reported saying, "Who else but Yas would think of something this stupid?" An anonymous source close to the once-blue shapeshifter claimed that Yas was going through "a bit of an identity crisis". I guess the public will see just what type of reinvention Yas has in store. Until then, fans have been urged to call into the WHAM! studio and leave their messages in support or dissent of the change, and request a song. The station claims that all who call in during this ?time of transition' will be given a free autographed headshot featuring Yas's new look.

Annabeth Caldwell

Date: 2017-07-21 20:19 EST
Annabeth was still chuckling as the answering machine picks up.

"Yas, this is Annabeth. I'm guessing I'm getting the machine because everyone is jumping in on this thing. I just wanted to say, hon, do what?s good for you, and I'll be there for ya.

"And I guess I'll ask for "True Colors," and "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun," both by Cyndi Lauper. Dedicate the first to yourself. I'm sure you'll have no problem doing that, and the second to my daughter Lottie."

Mataya

Date: 2017-07-22 08:18 EST
"Hey, Yas ....uh, YASSIDY! Love the new look - it's always good to switch things up every now and then! But you know what? You're perfect, no matter how you look or what you do, so I want you to play P!nk's Perfect, just so you keep remembering that! Love ya, greenie!"

Elle Granger

Date: 2017-07-22 09:29 EST
"Um, hullo?" whispered the voice of a young female on the other end of the line. "Mummy doesn't want me calling, but I just wanted to say I love the new look! And I wanted to ask if can you turn purple, too' Purple is my favorite color!"

There was a short pause and some muffled voices on the other end and then another voice came on the line, also female, but older-sounding - presumably the girl's mother.

"Yes, hullo. I'm sorry to bother you, but I've been trying to explain to Daisy just how you change your appearance. We aren't from around here, you know," she explained, with a distinct English accent. "While I have you on the line, let me just say, I adore the new look. How about playing 'It Isn't Easy Being Green'" Seems appropriate somehow. Cheers!"

NorseLady

Date: 2017-07-22 13:38 EST
"Godt ettermiddag, Yas. 'Tis me, Shy. I am calling fra the White Stag Pub, og using a borrowed phone. The owner of this device has informed me that you are na green-skinned med pink hair, og you have changed your navn to Yassidy' Uff da! There are so many changes taking place in this land e'ery dag that I have oft yearned for some things to remain the same. Howe'er, I am sure you shall do hva you tenk is best for yourself. As for me ...

Well na ...

Please play the song Feelin' Blue by Creedence Clearwater Revival. Takk."

While disconnecting the call the female Viking raises the glass she holds in her other hand, sending a salute to the autographed picture of Zazzy Yas hanging on the wall behind the bar, then quickly gulps down that shot of Zazzy Yasmj'd.

Kincaid

Date: 2017-07-22 14:52 EST
"I should have known you'd go corporate," Bastion didn't even bother with an introduction. He'd called her line before. Many times. He was a dedicated fan, and always listened to her show while he worked on his drawing. "You should keep in mind some of us are just students, you know" We can't afford all the new swag that comes out when you decide on a color change. I shelled out like $175 for that new Limited Edition Metallic Blue action figure you just released - and now you go and do this?" He sighed. He'd spend just as much on the green one he was sure would be released by the end of the year. He more than half expected it to be available for Christmas. "I mean, we still love you but," he sighed. "You do you, I guess."

He was drawing as he talked to her, and eyeballed the blue ink he had on hand. She could change into whatever color or shape that she wanted, as per his 'you do you' suggestion. As for him, he'd keep making her blue.

"I'd like to hear Eiffel 65's Blue, though, for me, if you could."

Yasmin

Date: 2017-12-10 14:49 EST
Winter Holiday 2017

This is DJ Zazzy Yas and I'm here for WHAM! 101.1FM playing some of your favorite holiday hits from now until Christmas. Be sure to call the WHAM Request Line at WHAM-101, or 942-6101 to request your favorite holiday song. Feel free to add a dedication if you like. I'm in the Christmas spirit and feeling generous anyway. In fact, as an added incentive, anyone who calls between now and Christmas Eve will be given two tickets to the Shanachie Repertory Company's upcoming production of Peter Pan Goes Wrong playing from December 18th to 30th. AND! Every song request we get during that time, the WHAM! 101.1FM Studio will donate one silver crown to the local children's charities. I'm going to be doing my own part for the kids by offering myself up as a date during the Date Auction, cuz I'm sweet like that.

I'm going to start us off with one of my favorite holiday songs, "Last Christmas".

((OOC Note: I want to thank everyone who has contributed to the Request Line for the past two years. This is still going strong thanks to you! Oh, and PS- The Request Line is a fake number so please don't call some poor person and bug them. Thanks! Happy Holidays!))

Addie MacKenzie

Date: 2017-12-10 16:06 EST
"My homegirl Yas! Addie from Trash here! I have two for you to play, if you could be so kind. The first is Bad Religion's cover of Joy to the World and it goes out to my girls Mich and Miz. Oh and Scarlet too. And my second one is I'll Be Home for Christmas for Ro. Love you babe. THANK YOU YAS!"

Lucy Mitford

Date: 2017-12-10 17:23 EST
"Hey Yas. Do you have Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses" I love that one and haven't found it here. Oh, and I'm just sending this one out to anyone looking for some Christmas magic of their own. Thank you!"

Ransom

Date: 2017-12-10 23:50 EST
"Hey, Yas, it's Ransom. Could you play Michael Bubl"'s cover of 'All I Want For Christmas Is You'" I'd like to dedicate it to my wife, Eden. Thanks!"

Kenny Driggs

Date: 2017-12-11 09:04 EST
"Hey, Yas! Long time listener, first-time caller. Uh, yeah. Anyway, could you play The Twelve Days of Christmas by Straight No Chaser, please" Dedicate it to Sofia for me as well" Thanks!"

Goshen

Date: 2017-12-11 16:59 EST
"Hello, Yas. I was wondering if you'd play This Christmas by Donny Hathaway. It's for my boyfriend — I want him to know how special he is to me and that I'm looking forward to our first Christmas together, as well as all the ones that will follow."

Ed

Date: 2017-12-15 13:19 EST
"Hi, Yas! It's me! Ed Smith. Could you pretty please with sugar on top play 'I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm' by Ella Fitzgerald? This goes out to my boyfriend Goshen. He's the absolute best! I love him, so so very much! Merry Christmas! Thank you!"

The Unknown

Date: 2017-12-15 17:59 EST
"Hellooooo Yas! This is Silverbells! Have you been good this year" I surely hope so! Though I will tell you a secret! I saw you on Santa's good list!

Anywho! I have a special request to make! To Mairead Harker, from your Secret Santa - and no that isn't me! Could you please play Andy Williams's "It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" .

Thank you bunches and have a Merrrryyyyy Christmas! Be safe out in the snow! I heard people were throwing snowballs earlier!"

Marcus Spencer

Date: 2017-12-24 11:49 EST
"Hi, Yas! Marcus Spencer here. Can you please play Sleigh Ride by the Ronettes for my wife? 'Cause that's where we'll be Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas and Happy Winterfest, everyone! Love you, Kiri!"

Yasmin

Date: 2018-02-08 23:21 EST
Valentine's Day 2018

Hello WHAM listeners! It is I, DJ Zazzy Yas, one of your Top 25 Sexiest Women so I know quite a few things about the sexy Valentine's Day holiday, but I want to hear from you! I want you to call in to the WHAM! Request Line at WHAM-101, that's 942-6101, and tell me what sweet or sexy love song you'd like to hear or dedicate to your little snickerdoodle or your honeymuffin. As an added twist, I might be giving away a couple of cool things to a few of my lucky listeners. But first, I'm going to start us off with a real "Love Song?"

((OOC Note: I'd love to give away cool prizes from local Rhydin entrepreneurs. If your character or business has something you'd like to give away, please PM me ASAP with your business info and what you would like to donate. More than one thing would be great, too, so more people can win something cool. Obviously, something with a more romantic element would be more fitting for the holiday but, like every guy's Valentine's Day motto, we'll take what we can get.)) ;)

NorseLady

Date: 2018-02-09 11:41 EST
"Godt dag, Yasmin, 'tis I, Shy! Hvordan har du det' I shall greatly appreciate it if you will play the song called L.O.V.E by the crooner man, Dean Martin. Please dedicate it to min husband Victor. Tusen takk!"

Eden

Date: 2018-02-09 13:20 EST
"Hi Yas, it's Eden. Can you play Can't Get Enough Of Your Love by Barry White for my husband, Ransom' And please tell him that we love him very much. Thank you!"

Ruubee

Date: 2018-02-09 13:57 EST
A call would go out and when answered, the sound of boxes and bottles being shoved around would be heard in the background. A smooth, feminine voice would be heard calling.

"Uhm, hello, is this the WHAM' Cool! Can I ask DJ Yas to play Waiting for Superman by Daughtry for my Valentine Request' My name" Uh, this is Ruby Spiritor calling from the Alchemist's Fire. Oh crap!"

A crash of boxes was heard and the phone call clicked off.

Nile

Date: 2018-02-09 14:07 EST
A few minutes' spent fumbling over the phone, and yelling at her siblings to "SHUT UP, NOW!", and Nile was well on her way to making her first phone request, ever.

"Um. Hello' Yes! I'd like to make a request for Desdenova" My boy. Friend. FRIEND WHO IS A BOY." Putting her hand over the phone for a moment, so the yell of "SHUT UP, GINNY!!" was muffled.

"Sorry about that! Uh. My request is You're My Best Friend by Queen, please. Thank you!

Nile hurriedly hung up, so her phone wouldn't melt from all the blushing.

Ebon Ilnaren

Date: 2018-02-11 20:39 EST
"Hello, Yasmin! I'd like to make a request....this is Ebon Ilnaren, and I would like you to play And I Love Her by the Beatles, going out to my lovely wife, Phen. Thank you!"

Ransom

Date: 2018-02-13 13:57 EST
"Hey, Yas, it's Ransom. Will you please play Chicago's 'You're the Inspiration' for my wife, Eden" She inspires me every day to be a better man....especially now." A soft hum. "And tell her I love them so much. Thanks."

Ed

Date: 2018-02-14 12:38 EST
"Hiiiiiiiiii, Yas! It's me! Ed Smith! You know. Knight of Roses" Yeah that's me. Yes. Could you pretty, pretty please with sugar on top play the song 'Always' by Ella Fitzgerald" It's not just for me. I'd like to dedicate it to my super amazing boyfriend Goshen. Happy Valentine's Day! This one is going to be the best! I love you! Love you, love you, love you! ...Thank you, Yas!"

Jodie

Date: 2018-02-14 12:57 EST
"Holy crap, I got through' IKE, I'M ON THE RADIO! Okay sorry. Hi, Yas! Can you play 'Single' by Natasha Bedingfield" This is my jam today and every day for that matter. Thank you!"

Ike

Date: 2018-02-14 13:17 EST
"Oh....hey. I got through too. Uh. Yo. So like....I'd like to request, um, 'I Don't Wanna Be In Love' by Good Charlotte. For me. For all the happy singles like me out there today. Stay strong, peeps. ...What' Shut up, Jodie. ....."

Nohemi

Date: 2018-02-14 14:50 EST
"Hello, Yas. Feeling a little blue today. Got someone on my mind and unfortunately we can't spend the day together. I don't think he'll hear this where he is, but it'll make me feel better to listen to it. So I'd like to request 'Trouble I'm In" by Twinbed, please. Thank you so much and Happy Valentine's Day."

Patrick

Date: 2018-02-14 15:37 EST
trickrichieofficial⍟ @WHAM_101.1 Still out in the black. Help a guy out' Requesting 'Home' by Michael Buble.

Tahlia Faras

Date: 2018-02-14 19:21 EST
"Hey, can DJ Yaz play Gangsta by Kehlani, for my Puddin" He'll know who it is..."

Noodle

Date: 2018-02-14 20:47 EST
"Hey, hey, Yas! Enough with the sappy love songs. Us single ladies, my cousins and I, are having a girls night out. My name's Noodle. I'm here with my gals Abby and Pert."

"Heeeeeey!"

"We want to jam out to Cyndi Lauper. Could you play us 'Girls Just Want to Have Fun,' please? Thanks bunches!"

"We love you, Yas!"

"Hahaha! Happy Valentine's Day!"

Yasmin

Date: 2018-02-15 11:34 EST
Valentine's Day 2018 Prizes

Thank you to all of our fans and callers. Feel free to keep the requests coming in all weekend long. But for now, I'd love to announce our winners who can visit the WHAM! Studio in the Marketplace to pick up their prizes any time now until the end of the month.

Ransom, I'm giving you a dozen winter roses interspersed with Baby's breath from the Shimmerscale Gardens. You can keep them or give them to Eden. That's totally up to you.

Because I think a fancy prize should go to a fancy lady, the winner of our pair of Champagne flutes and a bottle of Dom Perignon Champagne from Aslakssons is Tahlia Faras.

Ed, I'm hoping you and your honey, Goshen, will enjoy a six-pack case of Specialty Scandinavian Mead from the White Stag Pub. See what I did there" Cuz mead is made from honey. I'm not sure if these are or not though. If not, that would kinda break my flow. " Anyway!

Speaking of swapping gifts, Ike, I'm giving you a heart-shaped Scandinavian Crystal candy dish and box of chocolate-dipped strawberries donated from Aslakssons. You can totally give that to someone if you like, but no pressure or anything. I hear Jodie didn't win a prize, so"

Phen Ilnaren wins a case of six Specialty Fruit-Infused Wine from the White Stag Pub, which Ebon can pick up. Ebon can have some, if and only if it's okay with Phen.

The personally designed piece of lingerie from Miranda Bennett goes to Shy, cuz a lovely lady is just a sexy lady underneath. I love this because now I can picture Shy in her underwear.

Cuz you seem like a pretty rockin" chick, I'm giving Nile the donated bass guitar signed by each member of Rhydin's infamous rock band, Trash. Yall don't know the favors I had to perform for Michi to get this, so I hope you enjoy it. I enjoyed the favors though, so I think it evens out.

For when your certain someone comes back, Nohemi, if I'm saying that right, I'm giving you the Weekend Getaway for Two from Anchors Aweigh Inn, which includes a Champagne Breakfast so you can catch up on some bonding time.

And, last, but certainly not least, I saved my special grand prizes for two lucky ladies, Ruubee and Noodle. You each win an exotic dancer package from the Precious Memories Talent Agency. You get to choose from one of three sensual acts. 1) The legendary peek-a-boo beard act by the famed Seven Dwarf Dancers, 2) the not-quite-indecent Salame-A-Go-Go performance by Lilith the Lily, their finest goblin vixen, or 3) a performance by werewolf modern dancers, Kate and Nate, showcasing their version of "Little Red Riding Hood". Balloons, flowers, photos, and video, are included, as well as unique keepsakes. I'm both excited and terrified by this prize. For the under legal age, they got some clowns and some other cool performers.

Thanks to all of our prize donators and thanks to all of our new and long-time listeners! Yas out!

((OOC: A super big thank you to everyone who donated a prize and who called in. I hope everyone connected with a prize, not just the prize winner, will feel encouraged to post in, or post a link to the Gift Pick-up thread to say how much your character enjoyed, or didn't enjoy their prize. Thanks for all your support!))

Yasmin

Date: 2018-05-05 16:07 EST
Mother’s Day 2018

Hello! This is DJ Zazzy Yas for WHAM! 101.1FM and I’m here to ask you for your dedication songs to dear ol’ mom. You don’t even have to dedicate a song to your mom if you don’t want to. That’s right! At WHAM, we appreciate any motherly people out there by blood, by bond, or by whatever. Kids wanting to request a song for the woman that raised them' Check. Guys wanting to dedicate a song to the mother of their children" Check. Just call the WHAM Request Line at WHAM-101, or 942-6101 to request the song that says all the things that Hallmark just can’t fit on the card. Or hey, want me to pick a song for you? Just call and tell me a bit about why your mom is the best mom in Rhydin, and ask me to pick a perfect song for her on your behalf.

As an added incentive, your mom or whoever you dedicate your song choice to will receive a dozen roses in the mail along with a handwritten Mother’s Day card from me. Now, as a disclaimer, the card will probably be written in crayon or eyeliner or whatever I find at the time, and it may not necessarily be so much as a Mother’s Day greeting as my random thought for that moment, such as ‘When they ship Styrofoam, what do they pack it in" Love, Yas” or “Whenever food has mold on it, people throw it away, but when cheese has mold in it, people pay extra. That’s weird. Yours truly, Yas”.

I’m going to start us off with my favorite maternal song, “You’ll be in My Heart” by Phil Collins.

((OOC Note: Callers can pick up their prizes at the WHAM studio in the marketplace or have WHAM mail them to you (or your mom). If callers would like to pick up their prizes, feel free to post so here and have fun with what Yasmin’s card said. Please no super mean things or expletives unless the expletives are literally filled in with symbols, since Yas would do that.))

Ed

Date: 2018-05-06 21:15 EST
"Hiiiiiiiii, Yas! It's me! Ed Smith. Listen. So. I don't actually have a mom, but there's this lady who has been the absolute best of moms to me since I met her son, my boyfriend, Goshen. So really this goes out to his mom, Mrs. Margot Greene. She's been so supportive and super welcoming and made me feel like one of the family. I could just cry. Could you please play "Mama Said" by The Shirelles? This is for you, Margot! Mom. Thanks, Yas!"

NorseLady

Date: 2018-05-07 11:53 EST
Borrowing Breda's mobile phone while her good friend is visiting, Shy calls the WHAM! 101.1FM request/dedication line. Easily heard in the background is the boisterous laughter of many children as they play the game of musical chairs.

"Greetings, Yas! As conceited as this mayhap sound I, Shylah, am calling to dedicate a song to myself!" More loud giggling from the youngsters. "Ja, that is correct ....to me. The navn of the song is called ....Mommy of This Place. Tusen takk!"

Just before the call ends shouts from her children ring out, echoing what their mother said, "MOMMY OF THIS PLACE! MOMMY OF THIS PLACE!" Exuberant laughter follows, including that of Shy's.

"Uff da."

Lightfall

Date: 2018-05-13 02:58 EST
There was a pause after the caller realized the line had been picked up, as he covered one ear with a hand to partially drown out the ambient sounds from his location. Metal on metal and the muted echo of silenced small arms fire distracted him and he turned away from it's source as well.

"Um, yeah," he pulled the smart phone away from his ear to look at the screen, thumbing quickly through the lyrics of a song while the call held. "I'd like to request Matchbox Twenty, 3 a.m., please. Thanks."

And if no one else got that that was a reasonable song for Mother's Day, then sucks to be them.

Yasmin

Date: 2018-12-23 19:31 EST
Winter Holiday 2018

Hey, this is DJ Zazzy Yas for WHAM! 101.1FM and I'm here to celebrate the kickoff of the Countdown three years ago! Well, I guess this isn't a Countdown. What is this part of the show again..."

::pauses::

Oh! That's right! The Request Line. Same thing. I've heard it both ways. Either way, I need you to call the WHAM Request Line at WHAM-101, or 942-6101, to request your favorite holiday song now until January whatever. Include a dedication if you want. I don't really care to be honest.

I'm going to start off with one of my favorite holiday songs, something I'm sure you'll all recognize, 'All I Want for Christmas....is Jews!' That's how the song goes, right?

Lyneth Granger

Date: 2018-12-30 11:31 EST
"Hullo, Yazzy Zazz! It's Lynnie! And, and ....can we have Carl's Old Smells, please?"

There's the sound of laughter in the background and an adult voice correcting her quietly.

"Oh ....Carol of the Bells, please! That's a better name, I like that name. Merry New Christmas and a Happy Old Year!"

PrlUnicorn

Date: 2019-01-01 00:14 EST
Hello, Yaz! I'd like to hear Just Another New Year's Eve by Barry Manilow.

A bit late for Hanukkah, but a good song none the less, Bohemian Chanukah!

Steve Rogers

Date: 2019-01-12 09:47 EST
Hullo, Yaz, er ....Zaz? Um, anyway ....Can you please play "I'll Be Home for Christmas" and dedicate it to Lucy' She'll know who it's from and what it means. Thanks!

((Posting this a bit late. Been a busy couple of months. Better late than never, right' :) ))