Topic: WHAM! 101.1FM: Yas Rants

Yasmin

Date: 2014-04-16 21:48 EST
http://www.rocketmusic.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/radio_background3.jpg

WHAM! 101.1FM: Yas Rants

IC DISCLAIMER: The views, opinions, or positions expressed by DJ Zazzy Yas are hers alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or positions of WHAM! 101.1FM or any employee thereof. WHAM! 101.1FM makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information related to DJ Zazzy Yas's broadcasts and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

OOC DISCLAIMER: I plan to post satirical stuff about real life news, as well as promoting some stuff that's going on IC when I can. If I talk about and link to your posts and you are offended by my endorsement, please let me know and I will be happy to pull my plug of your stuff. Now, if you want to promote any of my stuff in your OOC thread, please do, just link back to my stuff so people can come and read more, because I'd do that for you. Got an issue or concern" Log in and send me a private message by clicking here.

Now to DJ Zazzy Yas "Between The Music?"

Yasmin

Date: 2014-09-09 23:51 EST
Yas Rants: Search The Sky

It's been about two weeks since I've been staying here at the station. My producers said it was time I put a little more effort into these shows since I'm around more. Didn't I just do some Talk Tuesday segments" Oh. That was two months ago' Well, for crying out loud, I'm not a work horse here. I show up, play music, and go home. Well, I don't really go home anymore. Ok, I guess they have a point.

So, you may be asking, why have I been sleeping on the couch in the lobby' That's because some huge meteor thing crashed through my apartment in the marketplace. Yeah, I know, I know what you're thinking. Don't park your trailer in Kansas unless you want to be swept away to Munchkinland. But, if you think about it, not a lot of bad things have been happening 'downtown" Rhydin in quite awhile. I remember the good ole days when Town Hall was being burned down or the Courthouse was being bombed every other day. Not much like that nowadays. All the villains seemed to have turned a new leaf and its actually sticking. A villain governor might be nice one year just to balance out our quaint little picket fence town.

Anyway, this is the beginning of my new set of segments that I'm supposed to call "Between The Music" but given the content of how this first one is going, I'm more inclined to call them "Yas Rants". And now its song time cuz I'm tired of talking to you. Wait. This segment was all about me. That means I can play us out to whatever I want. This is awesome! I'm playing one of my favs. "Only the Horses" by the Scissor Sisters.

"Only The Horses? by Scissor Sisters begins playing.

Yasmin

Date: 2014-09-13 00:29 EST
Yas Rant: Ice Cream and Pasties

Oh, Miley. My sweetheart, Miley. You keep making it harder and harder for me to defend you, but I'm going to until my last breath' because I'm sure I'll still have to by then, too.

Ok, so, for some of you out there listening, you can not let this poor girl go. What does a Disney starlet have to do to get you people to stop judging her as sweet little Hannah Montana" She already had sex on stage at that one awards show with that Thick guy. Wow" I got some accidental double entendre in there. Awesome! But anyway, that's still not good enough for you people. So next she tries her hand at being an artist. Still some of you were eager to slam her. I don't know what you people were talking about. I personally loved the glued on feathers, letter beads, and other little toys. I bought one myself. Bought. Stole. Either way, I got one, cuz ima super fan!

So now my poor Miley had to go above and beyond just to prove herself. She went out for a night on the town. More specifically, she went to Alexander Wang's after party, but who the heck is that' She wore some nice regular black pants and cool black sneakers, but it was her shirt that was drawing a bit more buzz, or lack of one, I should say. Hey, so the girl wore some pasties, ok" Nothing wrong with that. Glittery, tasseled pasties shaped like tiny ice creams. Please, no one even cared about her having her stock of fun meds for the night glued to her sunglasses. No, that's cuz sunglasses at night is cool! Can I point out, though' When I saw this article about Miley, right next to it was a piece about how taboo it is for women in Cairo to walk down the street by themselves. Just saying. Pick your poison, people. I rather see too much of a chick, than none of them. I think the dudes listening would agree with me.

Let's be honest here, though. You chicks are all just jealous of her cuz you could never pull off a sky blue furry one-piece bathing suit. I thought it looked gorgeous! I've always been partial to blue though"

Miley Cyrus's "We Did Stop? begins playing.

Yasmin

Date: 2014-09-22 21:23 EST
Yas Rant: Girl Scout Barbie

I was told that I was not allowed to say anything about the Primary Election that was held over the weekend. I don't know. Something about WHAM! not buying the rights to mention it or something. Either way, this time I was told that I needed to talk about something good and wholesome for this "Yas Behind the Music" segment, or whatever it's supposed to be called. So, I ask you, what is more wholesome than the Girl Scouts"

The Girl Scouts of America have again partnered with Mattel, the Barbie doll company. Last year, the organization's first ever patch with a corporate sponsor gave Scouts the opportunity to earn a Barbie "Be Anything, Do Everything" patch. Of course so many other women got up in arms and I agree! How dare they! We don't want our girls thinking they can "be anything" or 'do everything". Barbie has been a doctor for Pete's sake! No, no that won't do at all. At most, she could be a nurse. Besides, we want our girls to know all they can do is sell cookies on street corners. It gives them practice for their adult years for when they should either be baking in the kitchen where they belong, or out on those same street corners at night selling other goods.

But the "Be Anything, Do Everything" patch was last year. So this year Mattel has the gall to make a Girls Scouts Barbie doll! No, Barbie is a horrific role model. We need to let our girls know at a young age that all body types are wrong. In fact, Barbie's thin and people who are naturally thin need to be body shamed more than all others because it makes the rest of us feel bad. No, Barbie goes against the good core values of the Girls Scouts which is to promote obesity through their cookies. Barbie isn't going to sell cookies. She doesn't even look like she eats cookies. And can I point out that this Girl Scout Barbie is wearing pants" Pants! Where is that miniskirt that goes up all four miles of her legs" No, we need to stand up and boycott this...

Aqua's "Barbie Girl? begins playing.

Yasmin

Date: 2014-10-08 01:05 EST
Yas Rants: Sexy Selena

Before Selena Gomez was the sexy singer sensation, she was the chick lead on Disney's Wizards of Waverly Place tv show. The dude who played her uncle on the show, Jeff Garlin, recently had a few kind words to say about the Disney starlet. "I worked with her for three years, and I love her. She is, at least in terms of what I saw, a great kid. But then I see her sexualized." What' A female entertainer being sexualized" Oh my gosh! How could such a cruel thing happen" And a Disney girl, no less! I've never heard of such a twisted thing. She's 22 for crying out loud! Everyone knows you're a minor until you're 30. They should be protecting her, not selling her sex appeal!

Garlin continued, "But the thing is, when I see her sexualized, I look at her and I look at Ariana Grande, both beautiful girls. Really beautiful girls. But they have baby fat." That's a sweet thing for him to say about these women. Every woman wants to be called "baby", right' And he's saying how young they look, too! How much younger can you be than a baby' Baby fat on top of it, even! Women want to have sexy curves. You can't get much curvier than pure fat. Extremely poetic compliment from a very sweet man.

In regards to the over sexualization of our women, Garlin added, "It didn't happen 30 years ago....I'll blame the internet." I'm right there with ya, Uncle. I blame the internet too. I don't even like to use it. That's why I stick to radio. Maybe Selena needs to listen to her own advice and "Slow Down" on the sex stuff.

Selena Gomez's "Slow Down? begins playing.

Yasmin

Date: 2014-10-15 01:42 EST
Yas Rants: Cappuccino Chips

I read this article about the new contest chips in the US. Based on how well they sell to the crazy U-S-ians, Bacon Mac & Cheese, Wavy Mango Salsa, Cappuccino, or Kettle Cooked Wasabi Ginger could be the big winner. Apparently everyone hates the cappuccino. There is even a theory saying that the cappuccino is just supposed to be there to make the other ones look better. To quell any arguments, I got a bag of them right here and I'm gonna give you my unbiased opinion. In fact, I got the cappuccino and the wasabi ginger, mostly because I don't know who Wa Sabi is.

First, the cappuccino. ::bag crinkling:: So first thing you see is a light sprinkle of brown powder on the chips. Not that bad so far. Now for the smell" Ok, there's a dull cinnamon scent. I want to be all fancy and say an earthy cinnamon scent, but really I'm thinkin" its like a muddy burnt scent. That's what they call "earthy", right"

Now for the flavor. ::crunching:: First thing when you get it on your tongue, you're tasting the sugar on it. As you're chewing, you get that stale coffee taste. At the end, you get hit with an overwhelming cinnamon note. ::crunching:: Ok, let me see if I can really describe this right. ::crunching:: Imagine if you grind a coffee candy into a fine powder, then let the powder sit out for a couple weeks to get stale, and then sprinkle it on a chip with a load of cinnamon. ::crunching:: Yep. That's what this tastes like.

So, you see" Not that bad at all. Ok" wait". Ok, at some point through that, I starting eating pieces of the bag, so we may have to discredit that whole experiment' Anyway. We'll get back to the wasabi ginger after this song break for my favorite coffee house song.

"Begin Again? by Taylor Swift begins playing. (mun was eating a bag of said cappuccino chips while writing this)

Yasmin

Date: 2014-10-15 01:52 EST
Yas Rants: Cappuccino Chips, Part Chew, uh, Two

Now to the wasabi ginger chip taste test! Hold on, let me wash that cappuccino one out of my mouth' ::bag crinkling:: For the smell test, well, I don't know how to describe this. I mean, there's not even much of a scent anyway. ::pauses:: Yeah, I'm starting to hyperventilate by smelling the heck out of this bag, so I'm gonna give up and stop. For looks, the chip just has a few dots of green powder on them. I'm not real impressed.

To the taste test. ::crunching:: Horseradish! Oh! Mmm, the horseradish. Oh, its so good. ::crunches:: Mmm, yes. Ok. I'm supposed to be doing the full flavor here. Ok, so obviously you got the horseradish. ::crunches:: So after the horseradish, you get a nice after taste of soy sauce. Yeah, these chips are good! ::crunches:: I got nothing bad to say about these. Now, if you don't like horseradish, you're not gonna like these chips. Just sayin". But let's take a look at all the contenders in this chip contest.

I'm gonna tell you right up front how this thing is gonna go, based on the names alone. Bacon Mac & Cheese, Wavy Mango Salsa, Cappuccino, and Kettle Cooked Wasabi Ginger. Here's what most people are thinking - Bacon Mac & Cheese, good. I love bacon. I love mac and cheese. Sign me up! - Mango Salsa, no. Mangos are only for tropical fruit salad or as a flavoring in ice cream. - Cappuccino, never in a million years. Its not right to chew on something crunchy that I'm supposed to be drinking. - Wasabi Ginger, who' What's a wasabi" Also, ginger, as in ginger snap" No.

So, there you have it, my complete assessment along with the two taste tests. Now, if public opinion counts the most, I'd say the two I tried, cappuccino and wasabi ginger are the two that are least liked. I know cuz I got them out of the trash. But anyway, I can't think of a good mango salsa song, so I'm going with another one of my fav Taylor Swift songs. ::crunches::

"Ours" by Taylor Swift begins. (mun was eating a bag of said wasabi ginger chips while writing this)

Yasmin

Date: 2014-10-25 23:07 EST
Yas Rants: Platinum

It's been about two months since I've been sleeping on the couch in the lobby here at the WHAM! 101.1FM studio because some stupid rock thing crashed through my apartment. I'm happy to say they have been renovating my apartment and it should be ready for me to start moving in to it in a couple days. Now, considering I don't have anything to move into it, I'm hoping the move will go pretty quickly. Maybe WHAM! will let me keep the couch. I'm sure I've drooled on it enough in my sleep that no one wants it anyways.

I heard the other day that album sales are down. No one really gets Platinum albums anymore, which stand for one million sales. It's actually hard enough to get a Gold album, signifying just half a million sales. Of course, they say it's because everyone is using technology to get their music instead of buying it, and you know what? I feel a tad bit guilty about that because you freeloaders are sitting there listening to the music I play for free on the radio and don't go out and buy the albums. ::pauses:: What do you mean I shouldn't discourage them from listening"

Well, anyway, like I was saying I'm very happy that Wasabi Ginger won the chip contest. Great chips, as long as you like horseradish. I'm sure it only won because of my plug. Speaking of plugs, if you haven't been lucky enough to see me on stage yet, be sure to check me out at The Shanachie Theater. I sometimes grace them with my presence as an Acting Authority. That's just how I roll.

Florida Georgia Line's "This Is How We Roll? begins playing.

Yasmin

Date: 2014-10-30 23:42 EST
Yas Rants: I want to be the "Girl In A Country Song"

DJ Zazzy Yas here for WHAM! 101.1FM and I keep hearing Maddie and Tae's "Girl In A Country Song" on other stations and it gets me upset. I'm a huge fan of country ever since country went pop. In country's defense, it had to. Pop went rap. No thanks. I like my songs to have two things, melody and lyrics. I don't do rap and I don't do classical. Now, put rap and classical together and I'll give it a try. But back to my point, Maddie and Tae make the argument that "we used to get a little respect. Now we're lucky if we even get to climb up in your truck, keep our mouth's shut, and ride along, and be the girl in a Country song." But I'm not listening to the country they're talkin" about. No, I'm listening to song after song of guys doing everything they can to bend over backwards for their chicks, which is exactly the way it should be.

I want to offer some evidence. Joe Nichols" song, "Yeah". He says, "Whatever you're drinking, that's what I'm drinking. Girl, you're calling the shots tonight. Whatever you're thinking, that's what I'm thinking. Tell me what you got in mind so I can say yeah." That's the kind of mentality I want in a guy. I'll tell you what to think. Actually, while I'm making requests, I'd like that mentality in a listening audience as well. I'll tell you what to think, like, you should really love "Crash My Party" by Luke Bryan. He sings, "If you wanna call me, call me, call me. You don't have to worry "bout it baby. You can wake me up in the dead of the night; wreck my plans, baby that's alright." That's what I'm talkin" "bout!

So, how about some more" In Lee Brice's song, he says, "I Don't Dance but here I am, spinning you around and around in circles. It ain't my style, but I don't care. I'd do anything with you anywhere. Yes, you got me in the palm of your hand "cause, I don't dance." How sweet is that, for crying out loud" He'll dance with me even though he doesn't dance. That's love. And who says I even have to dress up" Not for my beloved Dustin Lynch. In his song, he tells you "Where Its At ". "It's at 2 am when she's reaching" over, faded T-shirt hanging off her shoulder" I swear, if she's there, that's where, that's where it's at." So, you see" All these country songs are like the sweetest thing ever. Maddie and Tae, you got no bare feet to stand on. Heck, I can even be somebody's heartbreak. If it's Hunter Hayes, then sign me up! He's legal, right' How old is he?"

Hunter Hayes's "Somebody's Heartbreak? begins playing.

Yasmin

Date: 2014-11-21 20:50 EST
Yas Rants: Eye of the Beholder

So some dude won some awards on some music award thing called the Americana Awards, like anyone has ever even heard of that. Apparently he won something cuz he's a singer and a songwriter. Big whoop. It's not like he's on the radio. I should know. Anyway, some talent scouts at "The Voice", you know, the tv contest show that puts no-name singers on the map, asked him to come on an audition. So then he launches into this whole holy-er-than-though thing about how he sold 130,000 albums which is close to what The Voice winners sell. True. That's true, dude, but keep in mind, publicity is worth a fortune. If getting on the show gave these no-names the chance to sell more records than you, who have been working hard to earn it, imagine what the show can do for you!

But no, he said how he'd lose money and creative license if he won. Dude, no one said you had to go on and win. Go, audition, get your name in people's houses, then back out. You get all the fame! Here's my point, dude. I forgot your name before I even started this rant, and no one else is going to remember you either, so enjoy all your creative freedom. The smart ones are the sell outs. They get to retire in peace.

Now let me get to a happier note....my Tiny.

Everyone's gotta love Tiny, all less than five feet of her. For those of you who don't know Tiny, she started out in the group Xscape with Kandi Burruss from Housewives fame. But more may know Tiny since her marriage to rapper T.I. They star in their own reality series "T.I. and Tiny". Now to the news" Tiny got people all in an uproar cuz she had her eye color permanently changed. Cuz people tattooing to get their skin permanently changed is ok. Cuz people tearin" up their eyes just to wear colored contacts to change their eye color is ok.

Here's my thing. She's gotten so much flack. People keep saying she's being a bad role model for women. I'm like, "Oh, I'm sorry, did I miss where she got free double G implants with the procedure?" Since when is changing your eyes bringing downfall to humanity' Needless to say its her money and if she wanted to give herself bionic eyes, she should. She ain't harming noone. But that wasn't all. Someone said to her, "You want to be white so bad it's sad." I wasn't aware white folk had gray eyes, but I'll keep that in mind next time I go white.

Limp Bizkit's "Behind Blue Eyes? begins playing.

Yasmin

Date: 2014-11-25 13:30 EST
Yas Rants: Teaching Kids Equality

DJ Zazzy Yas here for WHAM 101.1 FM and I'm proud to live in a world where every person, culture, and religion is celebrated. But unfortunately, one school does not agree. You see, it all started when one religion felt left out when they saw Christmas on their kid's school calendar. They simply requested that their religion's holidays also be included on all the school's calendars. And the school over reacted and said that from now on, there weren't going to be any religious holidays on the calendars. What'

Granted, leaving Christmas and every other Christian holiday off the calendars changes nothing. Christmas Break isn't Christmas Break anymore " It's Winter Break. Easter Break turned into Spring Break a long time ago ever since the invention of the wet t-shirt contest. But, but, you're all missing the point here. Schools should have to include all holidays ever. Donut Day is on the first Friday of June. I demand that go on there. August is Eye Exam month. I expect that to be included on each day on the August calendar. I don't think we should stop until the calendars are full of holidays. It's the right thing to do. It's patriotic. It proves my devotion to my religion, since I do nothing else to honor my religion. So what if the school would have to use millions of dollars in ink each month' That is the cost if you crazy people want kids. It's the only way to teach them equality.

Speaking of equality, one family just wants a little fairness when it comes to Disney Princesses and are petitioning to get a princess with Down Syndrome. I wholeheartedly agree with this! Princesses are all beautiful chicks living in beautiful worlds. Heck, even their problems are beautiful. No, we need more princesses that the normal little girls can relate to, princesses with real problems and real disabilities. Charles Xavier runs the XMen from his wheelchair. He doesn't let that hold him back. We need more good role models like that for our girls. I want a princess with a congenital heart defect because that is more relatable to me than ice powers. I don't even have ice powers, but I know someone with heart issues. I want a princess with diabetes. Superman scores in the weakness department cuz he has kryptonite, but how much of a drawback is having to keep an insulin pen on you all the time, right' I want an obese princess who has to use her brain over her brawn. Actually, now that I think about it, overweight people can be inhumanly strong. Inhumanly strong" No, that's about as relatable to me as ice powers, so scratch that one. Either way, bring on the 'real princesses". Maybe Disney could take a look at the "Real Housewives" for a good example.

Princess Elsa's "Let It Go" begins playing.

Yasmin

Date: 2014-11-29 09:26 EST
Yas Rants: Small Business Boom

So' after my last show, I'm not allowed to talk about religion or children's health conditions for awhile"

Instead, I'm supposed to do some kinda public service announcement or something. I'm not really sure. They told me to tell you about some smaller local businesses around Rhydin. I know some of these. Noah's Wooden Wonders is a little booth in the Marketplace showing off some pretty cool wooden toys and things hand carved by Noah Bird. I love his stuff. I picked up some of his bowls for my new kitchen. And while I was there, I grabbed a cute wooden monkey cuz it reminded me of my seamonkies. They're distant cousins, you know.

Matilda's Bloomers is becoming so successful, the higher-ups here at the station hesitated to include it. If you've been under a rock, be sure to check out Matilda Estwick's beautiful floral arrangements and projects. She's been up to so much this year. She had her 2nd Annual Koi Show in August and had a tent for Beltane in May. Most recently she had her Thanksgiving Specials. Looking forward to seeing what she has up her sleeve for this winter season.

Speaking of weddings, if I ever need to get married, I'm going to Weddings By Miranda. Miranda Granger-Bennett's Bridal Boutique shows off some insanely gorgeous wedding attire for men and women. She even has formal wear, jewelry, shoes, and accessories, so no engagements needed to enjoy her cool stuff. So next time I need to attend a WHAM sponsored event, I'm picking up my dress there. I hope I can get something in a cross tie-die plaid pattern.

Last up on my feature list is Custom Kings, which is this totally awesome shop that makes custom surf boards by Tommy King and hand-painted by Helena King. Custom Kings is so much more than just a surf board shop. It has got suits and accessories and anything else you need to get your surf's up. If Tommy makes a board as awesome as Helena decorates them, this dude and dudette are going to be in business a long time. Ok, well, I think that counts as my quota for the day. Talkin" "bout surfin" has got me hooked on the Beach Boys"

"Kokomo? by The Beach Boys begins playing.

Yasmin

Date: 2014-12-20 18:02 EST
Yas Rants: Holiday Spirit

DJ Zazzy Yas here for WHAM! 101.1FM. I could say I've been in the holiday spirit and wanted to share with you a few cool holiday happenings around Rhydin, but truth is, I got some compliments after my public service announcement promoting local Rhydin businesses last time and I thrive on viewer feedback.

I'm going to start with the Barons Charity Event hosted by Terry King. This is an awesome way to give back. There are donation box beside the stairs leading into the Arena for toys to be given to the Dragon's Gate Orphanage. People who want to go above and beyond are encouraged to hand sew Teddy Bears for the kids. I took a peek and although some of the creations might not count as bears, I still think they are pretty cute.

That's not the only place to donate to Dragon's Gate Orphanage. Claire Farron is also taking up donations. WHAM execs told me they would be contributing a bit this year to the Orphanage. They wouldn't tell me how much though. I think they took it out of my Christmas bonus and didn't tell me. " I'm on to you!

How about a cool contest' The Lupe Cafe is holding a Gingerbread House Competition. I heard there was going to be prizes for participants and everything. I say, enter the contest, win some cash, then donate it. Huh' Right' See how giving I am' Giving, nice, sweet. I've obviously been a good girl this year" and deserve a Christmas bonus. Just sayin".

Speaking of Christmas, if you haven't gone to check out Miracle on 34th Street: A Christmas Musical at The Shanachie Theater, tonight is your last chance. I mean, heck, I'm in it, and I'm fantastic. Granted, there's some pretty cool actors alongside me, but let's be honest, I carry the show. I'm their Acting Authority after all.

Wishing all my devoted followers, I mean listeners, a happy holiday season, no matter what holidays you celebrate!

"Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays? by N Sync begins playing.

Yasmin

Date: 2015-02-10 17:05 EST
Yas Rants: Grammys

I'm DJ Zazzy Yas and I love music. In fact, this segment is supposed to be called, DJ Zazzy Yas: Behind the Music. I don't like that title, but I do love music. Honoring music each year is the Grammys. Now if you're like me, you may assume this is done through some magical mystical thing where they look at album sales and radio requests and music downloads and other things to judge a popularity of a song. Ok, I hope they put a little bit into quality too, not just popularity cuz not all awesome songs are on the radio. But I'm just saying, don't do some stupid thing like with the Oscars and pick something no one has heard of and say it was a better movie. If it was a better movie, I would have heard of it for crying out loud.

But anyway, I was very glad to see my favorite up-and-coming artist right now, Sam Smith, got away with the most Grammys this year - four. He won the awards for best new artist, song of the year for "Stay with Me", and best pop vocal album for "In the Lonely Hour". Then he also won Record of the Year. I'm thinking this was the big grand prize of the night, Record of the Year, like winning Best Picture or Best Leading Actor. But oh no.

The grand prize is apparently called Album of the Year, not Record of the Year. It's the same doggone thing! Record. Album. Everything is all digital now anyway so why are we fighting over terms. It's a stupid semantics thing. It might as well say 8 track of the year. So, I look this up to see what the difference is and I see that the difference is that Record of the Year is awarded for a single or for one track from an album, while Album of the Year is awarded for an entire album. So, ok. I was wrong. Album is album. But then Record of the Year is the same thing as the doggone Song of the Year. Its two awards for the same thing, people. "this whole thing is getting me aggravated and confused.

So then I had to look up the difference for Song versus Record of the Year. Apparently, Record of the Year is awarded to the entire team involved in producing the song, while Song of the Year is for an individual contributor, which is the songwriter. So like, both sound odd cuz like, what if the singer just sung it' So they don't get any of the credit on either of those two things" That's a messed up deal. So after this whole time of doing way more research than I needed to ever do, I finally get to see the category for the grand prize, Album of the Year.

Sam Smith was of course up for Album of the Year and you know I love him. Ed Sheeran was nominated and I love him too and since Sam Smith already won four, I think he has enough to make his parents proud, so let's give that one to Ed Sheeran. I mean, Ellie Goulding did kinda cheat on him with a dude from One Direction, so he needs a pick me up this year. Beyonc" was up for the award too, but you know she doesn't even care at this point. Why would she when her and husband Jay Z could own all of the Americas if they wanted to' Oh, yeah, and Pharrell was nominated too. I don't know why when his only claim to fame is wearing a Smoky the Bear hat. Did any of these people win" Nope.

Doggone Beck won for best Album of the Year! Beck" Who only had one song on the radio' "Loser" " which was released in 1993" Over ten years ago! You've got to be kidding me. Who the heck even knew he was still doing music" And he wins the ultimate grand prize of the night' Best Album of the Year! The whole album! Shouldn't at least one of the songs off the best album of the year at least make an appearance on the radio once" For crying out loud. ....Forget it. I'm keepin" to my own stuff. If you haven't yet, be sure to check out when I play my own Top 40 for last year. My personal favorite song last year"

"Not A Bad Thing" by Justin Timberlake begins playing.

Yasmin

Date: 2015-03-07 20:49 EST
Yas Rants: Fun Stuff

DJ Zazzy Yas here for WHAM! 101.1FM and I've been checking out some cool happenings around Rhydin lately. On the business front, Matilda Estwick started up her spring line for Matilda's Bloomers, while a new shop opened up called O"Malley Metal & Glass. I think it's new anyway. I haven't seen it before. But! You know who I have seen before" Governor Ebon. Heck yeah, he's still doing Town Hall Meetings and everything! Before he came along, I forgot Rhydin had a governor. He's awesome.

What else has been going on' Well, I've been up to some things. There was a little pet contest thing. I'm not sure who sponsored it or why. It may have just been one of those kid modeling ploys were they wanted to get my money. Joke's on them; I have none. But I went ahead and entered my cutest pet, Mike the Seamonkey. He tied for second. I'm very proud. I didn't tell Mike he tied with about a dozen other pets.

I guess I couldn't go on without mentioning Fashion Week. I never understood the appeal of those couture fashion shows. I saw one a long time ago with bird cages on each of the girl's heads and I thought, "Why hire beautiful models and essentially throw a paperbag over their head?" I'm sure there was some deep philosophical meaning behind it. That wasn't Koyliak VanDuran-Simon's Fashion Week though. Her's is always amazing. I love how she sponsors everybody. That's a rare thing now-a-days. More people need to endorse and encourage others. I'm a worthwhile thing to support. I hit up my contacts to be a model. I'm trying to sneak into music guests" sets. I'll make my way in there. When I do, you'll be the first to get the full report, like "Are birdcage helmets in this year?"

"What Makes You Beautiful? by One Direction begins playing.

Yasmin

Date: 2015-03-22 10:01 EST
Yas Rants: Battle of the Bands

DJ Zazzy Yas here and last week was Fashion Week. I was hell bent on making it in. I tried in several attempts to sneak in backstage with the other models and try fitting into stuff so no one would notice and I could just file in on stage. Time and time again, that proved unsuccessful. In retrospect, I probably should have not showed up in my signature blue skin and white hair. I may have been singling myself out a bit. Lesson learned. It's a good thing I worked something out with Mai Silverblood of Silverblood Designs beforehand. I got to model a cute little number for her line. So there's at least one modelling job down.

I did see there was a DJ there, DJ Shifter. Come on! I'm the original shapeshifting DJ for crying out loud! It's ok. It's ok. I still got to make my music mark on the show in Battle of the Bands! I now have my own band, Boy Band 101. Yes, there are some people in it with me, but they're mostly there for backup. Katan Merridew is the Shirtless Guy. Canaan is the Quiet Brooding Guy. Aurast Dagger Sasc is That Guy. Grace Frigg is the Bad Boy. I have to give it to Grace; she is rockin" those false goatees! Now, I know everyone thinks I'm perfect all of the time, and for the most part, I am. But even I was a little nervous about remembering the words and the dance steps at the same time. Of course I did perfect, so that's a moot point.

I saw a lot of cool peeps in the crowd during the Battle of the Bands, including Jay Capistrano and Addie Alcar, who made a name for herself as a model with Thorn during Mai Silverblood's pop up shop. I did see someone else pretty awesome during Battle of the Bands. The band Trash had this cool chick with blue hair. Of course she immediately scores points in my book for good style.

But anyway, BB101 did pretty awesome. I have been working on some material and I wanted to share it with you guys before pitching it to the band's agent. Don't be surprised if this could be our break out hit. I think it's perfect for a boy band.

Yas begins performing "Back Door Lover?.

Yasmin

Date: 2015-04-02 17:35 EST
Yas Rants: Girl Crush

This is DJ Zazzy Yas for WHAM! 101.1FM. We proudly play all types of genres here, from hip hop to 80s, from country to Cher. One of the things we are also proud to support is our wonderful gay community, mostly because their pride parades make up a good percentage of our publicity and donation funding. Personally, I support them too. I love men. I love women. I love men who love men, and women who love women. That's why I was pretty shocked to see a lot of stations started refusing to play the gay support song by Lady Antebellum called "Girl Crush". Was it Lady A, or Little Big Town" I don't know. It was one of those country bands with a mix of guys and girls. Whole lotta love going on in there I'm sure, if you get what I'm sayin".

I don't understand why people are hating on the song. Some people hate it cuz they say it's too gay. Other people deny that it is gay at all. They claim that the song is about a woman who is crushing on and idolizing another woman, not because she is in love with her but, because she wants to be like her, since the other woman is with the man that she is actually in love with. All I'm saying is with lines like "I want to taste her lips" and "I want her magic touch", I'm sold on a little girl-on-girl action.

Besides, can I just say, the chicks in this band are so much more believable. You know they're all getting all up in each other's business on that tour bus. So a lesbian relationship is so much more plausible than other singers who just sing about it to be provocative. Come on, Katy Perry. Did you really kiss a girl and like it' I heard the song about a millions times, but I never seen you date anyone other than dudes. I don't think you liked it. I think you wanted to like it to sell records. Don't play. Have some conviction!

But right now, I want to take the time to feature a band that does have some conviction. I'm not really sure what conviction means, but it sounds good, and this band sounds good. Cool band I recently got an EP from, called Trash. They were in Battle of the Bands with my band, BB101. I'm pretty sure I won, but they came in a close second. Very cute, cool chicks. I like them so much, I did a little research on them. Addie plays the guitar and does the soft vocals. Michi plays the bass and does most of the screamin". Misery is on drums and provides background vocals. Here's wishing them and their band the best, but not better than me and mine.

"Beauty and a Beat" cover by Trash begins playing.

Yasmin

Date: 2015-04-06 21:09 EST
Yas Rants: Murder and Mayhem in the News

DJ Zazzy Yas here and this is "Yas Behind the Music". "Between the Music?" I don't remember. I pretty much just make things up anyway, so it's not important. Today I sat down to read the newspaper. As you know, in order to get to the comics, you have to skim passed the actual news. I want to point out some headlines that I came across. First up. A teenager who said that a heart transplant two years ago gave him a second chance at life died this week when he lost control of the car he was driving while fleeing police. That just speaks for itself, doesn't it' The police should have really took into consideration that he had a second chance heart and let him have a free pass. Just saying.

Next point. Measles outbreaks continue to have parents concerned. It's too bad we don't have a cure for that, or better yet a vaccine to prevent that in the first place. If you want to start a charity, I say donate to that cause. Kids are dying for crying out loud. Why is no one taking this seriously' This next one was equally terrible. A school had to enact a dress code that would require their teachers to wear underwear. Yes, every single day. I think this is outrageous. Female teachers would have to wear bras, too! That kinda stuff would never fly here in Rhydin. We like our inn girls without bras, thank you very much.

Then you have all the murder and mayhem stuff. A city banned drinking on the beach after a spring break shooting, which sounds like a mild Beltane night in Rhydin to me. A man used a chain saw to kill his wife, then himself. That last part sounds impressive to me. Then a woman killed a four-year-old boy with garden shears before laying in wait for his grandmother and stabbing her to death. Then on top of all of the madness, a comedian is hit in the leg on stage with a banana peel. Just horrific, terrible things going on. I'm not reading the news anymore.

Well, that's all from me for tonight. Just remember, even in that crazy world out there, you're not alone.

"Crash and Burn? by Savage Garden begins playing.

Yasmin

Date: 2015-06-22 09:41 EST
Live Special Edition: MidSummer Night's Bash

Good evening, RhyDin! This is DJ Zazzy Yas for WHAM! 101.1FM and I'm coming to you live from the Marketplace for the" Oh that's right. The Midsummer Night's Bash. I'm sorry. I'm in to so many things right now, I lose track. You know, the Governor himself personally asked for me to be here. Ok, I don't know if he actually called, but someone is paying me to be here and that's good enough for me.

This is a very special occasion for me since it's the first time I will be doing a show live while covering an event. As a result, my theme for songs tonight is - covers! Right now, I'm going to give the floor to a fantastic band that played with me during Fashion Week's Battle of the Bands, Trash. Addie is amazing on the guitar, Michi is rocking that bass, and Misery is hell on those drums. Take it away, Trash!

Michi comes on the air:

We're Trash and this is a cover of the song "Not Your Kind of People" by Garbage.

Trash plays "Not your kind of people".

Michi concludes:

Try out the funnel cakes! Enjoy the Midsummer's Night Bash! Our CD is on sale at the DJ booth!

Yas begins again:

That was the awesome band, Trash. I played with them when I was in Battle of the Bands with my Boy Band, BB101. Unfortunately, WHAM! 101.1FM didn't authorize me to play any of my awesome BB101 songs tonight since it was founded by their competitor, RhyDin Rewind. I'm not supposed to mention it, but you know what? I can't stop!

"We Can't Stop" by Boyce Avenue plays.

To all you lovers of the thee-A-tar, and lovers of me, I want to talk about how amazing I am as an actress at the Shanachie Theater. This week, their featured show is a ballet variety thing called A Summer Gala. I'm definitely not in that though, cuz I don't do ballet. I believe in the right to wear comfortable footwear. But I will give all those guys and girls props cuz pretty hurts.

"Pretty Hurts? by Louisa Wendorff plays.

Yasmin

Date: 2015-06-22 09:45 EST
For those of you who may not know, there's a special Feast of RhyDin going on. The Matadero Meat Company is hosting a Pig Roast featuring suckling pig, gilt, and boar" Wait. What's a gilt' Isn't that a British insult' Doesn't matter. Be sure to check out their upcoming grand opening at the Matadero Carnicer"a. I say, eat until you have a meat heart attack.

"Heart Attack" by Sam Tsui & Chrissy Costanza plays.

The Feast of RhyDin is also featuring Top Shelf Lounge, on the 2nd story of Club And. And what? " What are you saying" Anderson' Ampersand" No, it clearly has an "and" symbol right here in my script. Ok, fine. Apparently it's Club Ampersand. Fudge Rum Brownies, Red Carpet Whoopie Pies, and Cloud 9 Cheesecake. I'm grabbing some sugar there.

"Sugar" by Nicole Cross plays.

During the feast festival thing, be sure to check out Nicole's Bistro and Pizzeria, located in Old Temple. Baked Prosciutto and Brie with Apple Butter, Eggplant Ricotta Bites, Veal Parmigiana, and other Italian words I can't say. They sure have some fancy things to sample. Stop by and eat in style.

"Style" by Max & Nick Dungo plays.

Hold on. I got another Feast thing to talk about here. Be sure to get some samples from Katt Batten and Rene Gautreaux of the Gator's Tail Bar & Grille. They have some specialties called Boudin Links and Boudin Balls. I don't know what a Boudin is, but I certainly wouldn't want to eat its ba-

Yas is cut off by her intern, then continues:

Well, anyway, Katt and Rene also got all the southern Cajun goodies like Gumbo, Crawfish Bisque, and Jambalaya, as well as a whole bunch of other things. But I have to say, as much as I love my Cajun cuisine, that hot and spicy always hits me like a wreaking ball.

"Wrecking Ball" by Eli Lieb plays.

Oh, check this out. The Hatter's Beer Garden is open. The Late-Late Show studio band will be performing. Oh heck, if I was ya'll, I'd tune me out and head over to check them out. I'd ditch you guys in a sec if they weren't payin" me to be here. Stupid contract conditions"

"Unconditionally" by AHMIR plays.

If you haven't already, be sure to stop by the dunk booth, kissing booth, Portal Tag booth, and the WHAM! 101.1FM booth to pick up a Trash CD. Oh, and don't forget to go to that dueling event thing next week. I was supposed to do a write up for it but I forgot. Um. I remember you can win a dragon egg"

Well, that's all for me, peeps. Mostly cuz WHAM only paid me for two hours. This has been DJ Zazzy Yas. Check me out on my evening radio shows on WHAM! 101.1FM, on stage at the Shanachie Theater, and probably a whole bunch of other things since I'm so high in demand. Here's one more song until I see you again.

"See You Again" by Curly Fryz plays.

Yasmin

Date: 2015-07-24 19:11 EST
Yas Rants: Summer Business

This is DJ Zazzy Yas and my producers have been telling me that I haven't been promoting local Rhydin businesses enough, so my "Behind the Music" rant tonight is going to be about some new businesses that have been popping up lately. "I really hope we're getting paid to mention these"

First up is the Matadero Carnicer"a. Boy, I hope I'm saying that right. I've never been good at German. It's German right' It's a meat place, like for sausage. Come on, you can't get any more German than sausage and sauerkraut. Anyway, This Mato's place just opened up recently. WHAM made me go check it out. I thought it was pretty nice. I think I met the owner Matt, or Mato, or whatever he calls himself, but I'm not sure. Well, either way, I met someone there and they told me about some Panacea place. I went to go check it out too. Ok, well, WHAM thinks I went, but I didn't. It's supposed to have a bunch of herbal stuff, which isn't really my thing. But if you need some spices for your stew or some herbs for your cauldron, I would definitely go check out that Pangaea place.

Ok, so this next one is my personal fav. The Crossroads Carnival. I heard about their Carousel attraction, mostly cuz WHAM told me to go. I thought it was pretty awesome, but nothing as mind bending of an experience as some people claimed to have had while riding it. I think they tripped out on too much candy cotton to be honest. Well, either way, I enjoyed my ride on the tortoise one, but I'll be honest' he wasn't slow at all. He went at the same speed at all the other ones, even the white hare. It was cool, though. All in all, I highly recommend the carnival.

How about some upcoming things" WHAM wanted me to go to some Public Art Gallery. No, it's really called that. Public. Cute, huh' Granted, when I read it the first time, I read it too fast and asked them why they wanted me to go to an art gallery that was featuring art on pubic hair, but that's totally not the point. The point is that they are having their Grand Opening on Saturday. Be sure to check them out. But I should probably warn you that I learned, after a fairly lengthy conversation with my producers, I am pretty sure there are no pubic hairs on display. Sorry to tempt you and then disappoint.

Ok. I'm running out of time here. I got to mention Booze Fest happening in a couple weeks. If it's anything like last year, it's gonna be good. Also, for the next couple days in July, don't forget to use your coupon to Custom Kings. They got a special for twenty percent off any board in the store, plus a free pair of flip flops while supplies last. I'm gonna get my board tomorrow. I'm probably going to give it away as a prize here on WHAM, cuz honestly, I'm only getting it for the flip flops.

Now how about a song for summer" I hope the rest of your summer doesn't hurt like a-

Yas is cut off as Maroon 5's "This Summer's Gonna Hurt? begins playing.

Yasmin

Date: 2015-08-30 23:32 EST
Yas Rants: Reuben and Gyro Chips

Last year I did a review for two of Lay's four special feature flavors, Cappuccino and Wasabi Ginger. My fav, Wasabi Ginger won the contest. I use the term "won' very loosely, as I never saw the flavor again. Well, anyway, this year Lays has four more flavors for us to try; Southern Biscuits and Gravy, West Coast Truffle Fries, New York Reuben, and Greektown Gyro. Now, I want to say upfront that I don't like the names cuz you're always gonna have that idiot in the back shouting "West Coast rocks!" and votes for that flavor even if it was crunchy toad and blue cheese.

This year, WHAM let me pick out which two flavors I wanted to try, so I picked the Reuben and the Gyro mostly cuz I wasn't impressed by the other two. Truffle Fries" Fries" Which are made from potatoes" Like chips" Wow....Potato will be a hard flavor to duplicate in a chip. Yawn. Plus truffles" The gross expensive mushroom' No thanks. And then there was Biscuits and Gravy. All I kept thinking about was how whenever I try biscuits and gravy in real life, a.k.a. not on a chip, all I taste is pepper. Again, yawn. So I was left with the Reuben and Gyro.

Let's start with the Reuben. ::bag crinkling:: Ok, smell test. First impressions....I smell warm. I'm also picking up a rye smell. Smells ok, kinda light over all. ::crunching:: Yeah, light flavor too. What am I tasting" Cheese" Oh, huh. They got some kinda cheese sauce on this from the picture on the front. I didn't know Reubens had a cheese sauce. Oh well, its still pretty good. The picture of the cheese is like one of those red and green pepper cheese, you know, the one with a bit of a kick. So yeah, this tastes like that. Pimento cheese, I think. Ok, what else? ::crunching:: According to this picture, they also got a side pickle with your Reuben sandwich, and yeah, I think I taste that in here. Oh, after the first couple of chips, I'm definitely tasting the rye now. I'm ok with rye, so I think it's pretty good. It's not that harsh rye seed bread flavor, just the nice rich rye flavor, so its ok. So....my thoughts overall" ::crunching:: Good chip. Light flavors of pimento cheese and rye, with a hint of pickle.

Next up is the Gyro. ::bag crinkling:: Smell test reveals....I guess pepper" Let's see what it tastes like though. ::crunching:: Oh holy....oh my gosh, I don't know what this tastes like, but it's good! ::crunching:: Oh, I can't leave it in my mouth long enough to pick out the flavors, I keep just inhaling them. ::crunching:: Ok, ok. Let me try. ::crunching:: I think I'm getting sour cream and some kind of herb I can't identify. It's probably this dill that's pictured on the bag. Oh yeah, maybe there's some pepper, too. ::crunching:: Honestly that's all I can really taste, but wow, does it taste good! I think this may be what a sour cream and onion plus a cool ranch chip must taste like. Overall thoughts" Not a gyro, but man, its good.

So, my winner of the two is Greektown Gyro. Greektown, meet O Town...

"All or Nothing? by O Town begins. (mun was eating a bag of said Reuben and Gyro chips while writing this)