Topic: BC OOC 2010-2013

Morgan Doyle

Date: 2010-10-04 02:19 EST
Random chatter goes here. Thank you.

Moderator Edit: This is the Out of Character thread for Bristle Crios until the end of 2013. Check out the 2012 End of Year Recap at http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php"p=170436#170436 See the 2013 End of Year Recap at http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php"p=189365#189365 The next OOC thread may be seen at http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26885

Miranda Branson

Date: 2011-06-17 02:13 EST
Soon to be added will be detailed descriptions of houses on the coven grounds, leaders of those houses and of course a few photos. If anyone wished to join the houses and story lines running around them, please shoot me an email at tigerlilykitty7@yahoo.com. Thank you. First house up......Mage house! Hope you guys like it!

Second Chances

Date: 2011-09-22 22:52 EST
Uh. RandomChatter. Wheeee. This OCC thread is sooo deaaad. D8 Itneedslife.

Miranda Branson

Date: 2011-09-24 01:24 EST
Well if it is so dead which it is then why not fix it. There are more members added to the coven and I am sure mini story lines will soon pop up. A few of which will be Angel and Bunny on top of Miranda's wedding/planning. Does any member have an idea for a mini story line they would like to try their hand at' If so please let me know at tigerlilykitty7@yahoo.com.

Shade umbrafide

Date: 2011-10-01 10:52 EST
ive got a lovely bunch of coconuts there they are standing in the road, bum bum bumm. big ones small ones some the size of your head..... anywho to the point. how is everyone?

FioHelston

Date: 2011-10-12 08:55 EST
I just wanted to stop by and repeat my thank-yous of last evening, for anyone involved that Fio didn't get a chance to visit with at the Blood Moon play last night (or I didn't have opportunity to PM). I think everyone who attended had a great time. Thank you!

Ebon Ilnaren

Date: 2011-10-12 22:16 EST
I'll second that! It was great fun....especially the Great Water Balloon War! :D

Second Chances

Date: 2011-10-12 23:23 EST
I'm glad you guys had fun! I think it was rather enjoyable. Fi, Yasmin, Miranda, Lets do something like this again!

Yasmin

Date: 2011-10-13 21:12 EST
I already have plans on the next Bristle Crios event. I'm throwing around the idea of the Wolf Moon on Monday, January 9th, or the Snow Moon on Tuesday, February 7th. We'll be working on it. So stay tuned for more fun! Since it'll be a winter event, there won't be water balloons, but there may be snowball fights!

If you would like to contribute to the next Bristle Crios event or offer some activity suggestions and ideas, please PM the Bristle Crios Professional Party-er YASMIN!

Second Chances

Date: 2011-11-28 18:03 EST
My router broke I won't be on unless I'm at a friends house. D8 I'm sorry guys. Blame the siblings.

Yasmin

Date: 2012-02-08 19:19 EST
Thank you to everyone who supported Bristle Crios for the Snow Moon event on February 7th, 2012! We had almost 60 guests and over 30 guests at one time!

A special thanks to: Governor Fionna Helston for visiting our event! Duel Lily and Duel Sai for hosting magic duels for the Rings of Honor Duel of Magic! Andu Kirost for delivering our guests directly to the Bristle Crios grounds on his RhyDin train!

Check out the results of the duels here.

Lightfall

Date: 2012-02-22 10:53 EST
I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain a little bird whispered something in my ear about a BC sponsored Duel coming up, DoS I believe?

Was just wondering if anyone could shed some more light on the subject, perhaps someone of the ....blue skinned fairy persuasion' :)

Yasmin

Date: 2012-02-23 02:10 EST
Did you just call me a fairy' Oh, no you did not!

Silent treatment from me...

...and I'm not even going to dignify your question with a response. Well, that silence didn't last long.

Miranda Branson

Date: 2012-02-23 02:12 EST
To answer your question Knightfall, the coven will be hosting a party duel event in Rings Of Honor. A date has not been set, but I am happy to announce that the duels will be swords! We will be working to not only make this event enjoyable for accomplished swordsmen, but for people who just wish to have a good time. Special rings will be created just as they were for the snow moon. There are more surprises to come! I will give you a hint. You might want to bring a pillow.

Lightfall

Date: 2012-02-23 07:09 EST
A pillow?? ugh, I sense spiked buttered rum in my future >.>; Must mean I'm going to need a place to pass out at a moments notice :p Seriously though, thanks Miranda :)

And yes, I so called Yas a fairy. ::grins:: In my defense, I'm a big White Wolf fan, and Fairies = Changelings, and ....I guess I kind of assumed between the lines :) You -have- to admit though, she doesn't have some cute tinkerbellish qualities in the pic :) Sooo, I'm sorry. But just saying. :) Its a fairly honest mistake ~.^

Miranda Branson

Date: 2012-02-23 15:45 EST
You're welcome Knightfall. I think you might have misunderstood though. I didn't mean you would need a pillow to pass out. There will be normal weapon fights such as swords, but for those who do not like blood, pain or being poked in general there will be pillow fights! Bra and panties match anyone? There will be more details to come, but I thought I should clear the air on that point. Bard of Cain as agreed to play bartender for our party again. I am sure she will come up with playful drinks for all.

If there are anymore general questions I can answer with out giving away all the tricks up our party planning sleeves, please send me a personal message and I will be happy to get back with you.

Kaius

Date: 2012-02-24 14:06 EST
As a matter of preamble, I'm going to say that I'm not sure how my character feels about pillow fighting in bras and panties, and is not even sure what cut he'll wear, but he'll give it a try. :D

Secondly, or ....primarily, as you read it, I was just wondering if anyone else deliberately listens to music or any kind of specific playlist when they're role playing their character, or even before hand as a type of ....mood stabilizer or something. The only reason I ask is that I do, because I find it helps me get my mindset into that of my character; I'll probably post some of the songs/artists, if there's any kind of response beyond 'what you talkin' bout 'foo?".

If there's anyone out there who has any feelings or input to this end, my curiosity welcomes your thoughts :) Not that I'm trying to rouse some sense of community withing BC by posting all this out of character flak but ....(yeah, that's largely, coupled with my curiosity as I said, doing).

Cheers, Kris

Miranda Branson

Date: 2012-02-24 17:44 EST
I find that Pandora lets me create enough stations to fit the mood of my character. Then again my music tastes then to be all over the map. Also for the last coven event we had playlists for the duels and sleigh rides. I think my top artists have floated around The Black Keys, Buddy Guy, Korn, Flogging Molly, Holly Brook, Renee Olstead and on a way out there note Chopin.

Happy Hunting!

Miranda

Nayun Takamine

Date: 2012-02-28 13:02 EST
Sorry if it's a little late. Just opened my profile and saw the icons. Wanted to say that the Winter event was pretty slick. Keep up the good work!

Rhiannon Brock

Date: 2012-03-03 07:56 EST
Thanks for the icons for Snow Moon & Snow Moon Dueling! :D

FioHelston

Date: 2012-03-10 08:49 EST
(( )) Just wanted to drop a note by and say an OOC thank you to the crew of Bristle Crios for hosting so many community events. While I can't give you duplicate icons every month when your characters get a public kudos (Fio'd go broke), that doesn't mean she appreciates it any less, or that I do.

Thanks for everything you're doing to support and encourage role-play here! <3

Miranda Branson

Date: 2012-04-04 02:52 EST
Hi Everyone!

It is done! Save the date for April 26th! The fights are on! Please see pillow fights for more information and soon you will be able to post your outfits and pillows for the event!

Locke DVestavio

Date: 2012-04-27 09:49 EST
Just wanted to drop by here and thank you for hosting the Pillow Fight event over on RoH last night. I had a great time, and, if the room counts are any indication, a lot of other people did too. Keep up the good work!

Locke-mun

Kruger

Date: 2012-04-28 13:49 EST
I had a great time at the pillow fight event. Props to the BC, and a shout out to Yasmin for the tunage. More please! No pressure but A.S.A.P. But really whenever you have time...you know like now. ::flashgrin::

D~ the mind that troubles Kruger.

Wanda

Date: 2012-05-01 08:31 EST
Hey guys, great job with the Event's and SLs.

:grin:

Btw, I wanted to drop off a tool you might find useful for chats.

http://duelingzone.org/madness/chat_viewer/

Kalamere wrote a log viewer that has features like filters. Though I might pass along the word a bit.

Miranda Branson

Date: 2012-05-19 00:59 EST
Hey everyone one! I almost have the general layout of Rose Moon done. Including fun activities. For those of you doing or wishing to do anything for the event can you please send me a pm' I am more than willing to help you with images and anything special you wish for posting. Just trying to organize a bit and make it easy and fun on all of us. Rock on! Thanks!

Riley ORourke

Date: 2012-05-30 19:37 EST
Hi, there!

I have been so far remiss in bringing this to y'all's attention, but I think it is so incredibly fabulous how care you all are to credit the photos you use in posts. As a photographer who has found my work out there on other sites without proper credit and having to deal with the hassle of getting credited for my work or having the photos removed, I deeply appreciate you taking the time to do this. It's a very rare show of respect for the artist.

THANK YOU!!! :grin:

Yasmin

Date: 2012-06-05 02:33 EST
Rose Moon Thank You's

Thank you to the many, many guests and members that attended the Bristle Crios Rose Moon.

Thank you to the four of the five 2012 Gubernatorial candidates who attended the event: Audrey Horne, Fiona O"Neill, Kruger Allen, and the Governor herself, Fionna Helston Al-Amat.

Thank you to Kruger mun, who was kind enough to tell cultural stories at the event and engage not only our little ones, but us as well.

Thank you to Renna the Betrayer mun, who opened her Secret Garden to the public the night of the Rose Moon in honor of the event and showed us the beauty inside her, as well.

IC Congratulations to Kaius Arkennen Knightfall and Renna Egorwrath Bloodstone, who were engaged to be married in the Secret Garden during the Rose Moon. We wish them the best!

Lastly, but just as importantly, thank you for the Community Support. Without your love, our events would be merely pictures and words.

Mesteno

Date: 2012-06-05 09:28 EST
Just wanted to say good work to the party organisers. You guys are doing an awesome job. =]

Riley ORourke

Date: 2012-06-05 11:56 EST
Just wanted to say good work to the party organisers. You guys are doing an awesome job. =]

Yes, I'd like to echo this. I had a blast last night! Thanks for throwing a great bash!

Kaius

Date: 2012-06-11 11:13 EST
Friends, Romans, Countrymen, and....such,

Just thought I'd post a little something to explain my presence/absence over the last couple days, and the next few days to come.

Firstly, been involved in planting season here - farming, growing potatoes, that type of thing. That's the lesser.

Secondly, in about....half an hour from posting this, I'll be taking my week and some change overdue wife to the hospital to be induced - then here and there awaiting the newest addition of the Knightfall, er, my family. *smiles*

Anyways, since this is the only social network that I really care to be a part of at this point in my life, and I have a bunch of friends here ( that for the most part, I hope, would be you - the reader) I'll likely try to find some way to throw a pic up of her after she's born and settled and whatnot.

That all being said, Kaius, Kristoph, Kaiden, and any other handles I might be known under will be MIA for a couple of days at the least (for the most part anyways, I might get the chance to stop in by the weekend provided everything goes well).

To Fiona & Miranda-mun, and the friends I've made here at BC, I'll be in touch and back soon! Ugh, I shouldn't mention any names at all - there's too many, Nikia mun, Smoke mun, everyone at BC~!

To Renna-mun - hon, I think I must owe you a short book worth of posts by now, and hopefully I can get back into composing mode after I get back - like my wife, I fully intend to deliver *smile* ....hopefully with something that reforms Kaius from the puddle that Rennas proposal melted him into - and you're constantly in my thoughts until your own full return!

And to all the others that I'm constantly picking at and harassing (and having that dealt to me in turn!) I'll talk to you again shortly. :)

Much love to all of you!

Sincerely yours, Kris

This Dark One

Date: 2012-06-12 20:38 EST
Lot of Lu-love!

Miranda Branson

Date: 2012-06-13 00:24 EST
Blessings be to your ever growing family. You know we are here for you if you need us. Not to worry. Enjoy the thrill of being a new father and know that our thoughts and hearts are with you in this joyous moment.

H.K.

Date: 2012-06-13 18:17 EST
Gratz bro on the new addition...as opposed to New Edition because that would be ridiculous...what was I talking about' Oh RIGHT...The lack of sleep is worth it.

D~the other....nah can't be that easy.

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2012-06-13 22:39 EST
Take time for your daughter. You know I love her already.

Bristle Crios will hold its own til you get back, but we'll miss you while you're gone. You are an invaluable source of knowledge, role playing experience, and wisdom to Bristle Crios. Know that you are greatly appreciated.

Fiona will love Knightfall forever. :)

Issy

Date: 2012-06-19 13:31 EST
I have to thank Renna...

It was so refreshing to finally....FINALLY....be on the other end of a mind #&@%ing!

Good times!

Haxx

Date: 2012-06-23 00:17 EST
Tired of having nothing to do' Want some roleplay and looking for a bit of adventure" Unconcerned with the struggle of good and evil"

If your answer to the majority of these is yes, then shoot me a PM and we'll discuss something I'm trying to work on that I need help with.

Mercedes

Date: 2012-06-25 21:19 EST
Is there a particular place to respond to Mai Silverblood's playable about the swimsuits? I have a little idea I would like to post in reply. xD

Miranda Branson

Date: 2012-06-26 03:37 EST
Most of us use polyvore to create what we are wearing to events. Speaking of which the thread for the jello fights is open to outfit posting. If you need help feel free to ask or send Mai a personal message. I know her work is amazing!

Mercedes

Date: 2012-06-26 22:23 EST
Oh...I use Polyvore faithfully. I was just wanting to do an IC reply since that was a playable and rp something with it. :)

Thank you for responding.

NorseLady

Date: 2012-07-17 00:41 EST
Thanks so much for the fun time tonight in the Outback!

I put a shout out for you over on the Random Thoughts board. Go Here to read.

Thanks again, it was a blast!

:cool:

Yasmin

Date: 2012-07-18 12:03 EST
Thanks for everyone who came out to the Bristle Crios Duel of Fists event on July 16th!

A special thanks to our callers Jasper and Goldglo!

Thanks to all of our duelers that evening: Erasmus al'Mandragor, Candy Hart, Teagan Rielea, Kruger, Miranda Branson, Khoom Vortiv, FioHelston, Morgan Doyle, Edward Batten, Rachael Douglas, Nigel Alder, Rhiannon Brock, Padriq Kidd, Corlanthis Wystandsayr, H.K., Mechanist Heart, Joey Damarco, Mallow, and Ducii

And an even greater thanks for everyone's kind words! A few words can go a long way. We deeply appreciate the feedback on our events so we can keep providing a fun night for everyone. Without your feedback, we don't know what we're doing right or wrong. Keep those comments coming and help us continue to make better events! Feel free to PM myself or any of the moderators to give us any tips or suggestions.

Mai Silverblood

Date: 2012-07-19 12:28 EST
Hi one and all, sorry i haven't been around much, between a new family member, a new job and landing in hospital, its been a nightmare.

BUT!!!!

I'm back and Designing more than ever so missed you all!!!!

xoxox

Miranda Branson

Date: 2012-07-31 23:59 EST
Welcome back Mai and congratulations on the new family member and job! I know that I look forward to your new designs. I wish you the best of luck and happiness.

Miranda Branson

Date: 2012-08-01 00:09 EST
Hello Everyone!

It has been a long time in the works, but I will be moving August 3rd and about 8 hours away from my current location. Sadly, I might not have a direct internet connection for one to two weeks.

However....

If anyone needs me please just send me a personal message and I will be notified on my cell phone. If you wish for a more direct chat then send me a personal message and I will give you my personal email and or yahoo instant messenger screen name.

If anything needs to be addressed quickly, please contact Fiona O'Neill or any of the other wonderful house leaders. I will do the best that I can and hope that my time away is no longer than a week.

Please take care, have fun, and I look forward to chatting with you soon.

Blessings Be

Marshall

Date: 2012-08-09 19:55 EST
So, I am not a computer genius at all, not even close. That being said, I fail at editing pictures, and I don't even know what can be changed on most. If someone has a bit of time and a bit of a desire to do so, I'd be most interested in a favor that involves the editing of a certain picture, I'd like most of the color changed. If that's an option, shoot me a pm if anyone wouldn't mind! Thanks! And sorry for being awol for like uhh...two months. Work is insanity in the summer, meh. I hope everyone is well!

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2012-08-10 10:13 EST
Hey Marshall,

It's a pleasure to have you back! I'm enjoying What's a badge really mean" and can't wait to read more.

I will be PMing you to see if I can help you change the color of your picture. I'll admit I'm no expert myself, but I can certainly try. I can do sizing and small amounts of color changes. I typically use Paint and IrfanView.

I highly recommend IrfanView to everyone. It's a free, downloadable program that you do not have to register to use. You can download it directly from download.cnet.com or www.brothersoft.com or other locations. I love it because you can create images with a transparent background. If anyone has any questions about IrfanView or editing images, feel free to PM me. I may not know the answer, but I'll try to help where I can.

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2012-08-31 21:49 EST
Time to stand up and be a Hero!

I was disappointed to hear that NCSOFT will be shutting down their successful game, City of Heroes.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this game and will be heartbroken if it dies. Many of my alts are played in Paragon City.

If you are a fan, join the discussion at Dragon's Mark here.

Read the official NCSOFT announcement here.

Sign the petition and help save City of Heroes here.

Marshall

Date: 2012-09-08 05:25 EST
Blleeeh! More computer issues, but I hope to be back on within the month, or back on more often. I'm down to bumming a friends computer when I can! I hope you all are doing well, and bare with me! :)

Rekah Illyriana

Date: 2012-09-19 22:44 EST
I am totes looking forward to the Masquerade Blood Moon event! And it's still a month away.

NorseLady

Date: 2012-10-17 20:22 EST
I am totes looking forward to the Masquerade Blood Moon event! And it's still a month away.

Me, too, except now it's only twelve days away! :cool:

Kruger, do you plan on narrating the entire Young Frankenstein movie? :shock:

Kruger

Date: 2012-10-18 00:28 EST
I will put as much as I can fit into the night. That is a lot of dialogue...and well my dancing leaves a lot to be desired....same with the singing..."Trying to look so much like Gary Cooper...SUPERDUPER"

NorseLady

Date: 2012-10-18 01:25 EST
I will put as much as I can fit into the night. That is a lot of dialogue...and well my dancing leaves a lot to be desired....same with the singing..."Trying to look so much like Gary Cooper...SUPERDUPER"

I'm looking forward to watching you Putting on the Ritz!

I miss Peter Boyle. :sad:

Kruger

Date: 2012-10-18 01:39 EST
*nod nodding*

This Dark One

Date: 2012-10-18 05:22 EST
Looking forward to the Blood Moon too! I too look forward to the Frankenkruger as well! Will be awesomesauce! <3 Renna'll be there to throw roses at him on a finale, at least!

Arthour

Date: 2012-10-18 15:54 EST
I'm glad its on the monday I start half term, since most people are 4hour behind me, I'll end up being awake at 1am or something in order to catch it! Still, should be loads of fun :)

Alfonso Carlson Avery

Date: 2012-10-20 01:26 EST
I wrote something about Bristle Crios. You can read it maybe.

Bad Vibe - September Issue

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2012-10-21 05:11 EST
Hehe ****ing werewolves! XD Brilliant read and I cannot wait for this months edition when it comes out!

NorseLady

Date: 2012-10-30 11:04 EST
Hello players of Bristle Crios,

I placed something for you on the DM board HERE, but also wanted to say thanks to all who made the Blood Moon Masqued Ball so much fun — in your folder, too! Just in case you didn't read the other one.

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2012-10-30 11:20 EST
I tried so damn hard I stay awake to do it but the Might of Sleep managed to overwhelm me XD I think we should have some event more suitable for both sides of the world cause most of it is when the euros and beyond are sleeping! :D

NorseLady

Date: 2012-10-30 11:46 EST
Crowe player,

That does seem to be an ongoing problem, especially if something is held during the week days. I know events have been held at earlier hours (5pm or 6pm Eastern), but don't think many people showed up for them until later.

Arthour

Date: 2012-10-30 18:31 EST
I don't think enough people play on our side of the world to warrent a massive change in when these events are held to be honest, does kinda suck though since I ended up sleeping through my alarm and missed the whole Blood Moon event

Yasmin

Date: 2012-10-31 19:55 EST
BLOOD MOON 2012

Thank you to everyone who attended the second annual Bristle Crios Blood Moon! We had over 40 participating guests. Icons are on the way. Though we love the support, yall are gonna bankrupt our silver crowns. :P I doubt I'm supposed to say this, but donations to BC are always welcome, ICly and OOCly. Thanks to Marshall, The Redneck, and Max Eisenhardt for their donations. They are greatly appreciated.

A special congratulations to Shylah "Shy" Vulpecula, who won the Masked Blood Moon Contest and a big thank you to everyone in our contest!

I'd also like to thank Kruger for his rendition of the movie "Young Frankenstein?. It had us all laughing. Activities like that are always valued and help bring together the sense of community. If you would like to work with us during any of our Bristle Crios events, please let myself or the moderators know.

NorseLady

Date: 2012-11-04 01:45 EST
THANKS to everyone who voted for Shy's gown and mask!!

BIG HUGS, TOO! :grin:

I'm doing the Snoopy happy dance in my head!

Kris Kringle

Date: 2012-12-11 08:00 EST
Great job and thank you to everyone who particpated in the WinterFest Snowball War sponsored by Bristle Crios. Santa's elves are still knocking snow outta their ears, so I know they had fun!

Arthour

Date: 2012-12-25 09:41 EST
Merry Christmas Everyone!

H.K.

Date: 2012-12-25 12:23 EST
Yuletide Blessings Be upon each and every one of you.

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2012-12-25 12:29 EST
Merry Christmas to all from your friendly wolf! XD I've eaten my full of Christmas food! :D Hope ya all had a good time like I did!

This Dark One

Date: 2012-12-27 10:23 EST
Hey peeps, I know I've not been around a lot (this time of year is work-overload), and I apologize for that! Anywho, things return to normal as of the 1st day of the new year for me, so I expect to see more of me (oh noes!).

I know it is a little bit late, but:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Look forward to causing mischief and mayhem with you again, next year.

<3

Arthour

Date: 2012-12-27 10:39 EST
Looking forward to it Renna!

In case I miss it,

Happy New Year to Everyone!! And I hope you all enjoyed your boxing day turkey sandwiches!!

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2012-12-29 19:00 EST
Important 2012 Dates For Bristle Crios

Crowe Thorne arrived in Rhydin on May 28th. He married Eclipse and had two twins, Darius Ravien Thorne and Amber Rose Thorne, on September 14th. On September 2nd, Crowe became a part time instructor at the Academy of Bristle Crios. Arthour Chazore came to Rhydin on August 29th. Art became an Instructor at the Academy on September 18th. He was engaged to Mai Silverblood on November 18th. Mai became a guidance councilor for the Academy on September 6th. Weiss Faulke was engaged to Smoke Umbrafide on February 6th. Weiss was married to Smoke on October 17th. Their first child, Berith, was born on February 4th. Weiss became an instructor at the Academy on November 26th. Kristoph Knightfall was engaged to Fiona O'Neill May 5th. They were married on July 21st. Fiona became an instructor at the Academy of Bristle Crios on August 27th. Renna Bloodstone was engaged to Kaius Arkennan Knightfall on June 4th. Renna became a part time instructor and full time librarian at the Academy on August 22nd. Ammy Loraine Spiritor became a full time instructor for the Academy on September 1st. She helped found the Lupinossai Learning Center back in February. In her personal life, she gave birth to twins, Merlin and Gwenyvere, on March 31st. She also celebrated her third wedding anniversary to Fleet on November 13th. On September 1st, Lydia Tolmay founded the Academy of Bristle Crios. Many of Bristle Crios's own began teaching and working at the Academy, including Madeline St. Claire, Yasmin, Serine Delin, Christine Cain, Miranda Branson, Hunter K'lar, Aristotle Kruger Allen, and Marshall Devlin.

Bristle Crios Events of 2012

Bristle Crios also had many fun events this past year. We held our first annual Snow Moon with the Duel of Magic on February 7th. We were honored to host a Duel of Swords event on April 26th. BC then held its first Rose Moon on June 4th. We sponsored a Duel of Fists event on July 16th. We held our second annual Blood Moon on October 29th. We thank everyone for coming to our events and making us a welcoming, friendly face in the Rhydin community. Join us next year too! Tentative dates for next year's Moon events include Snow Moon on Monday, February 25, 2013, Rose Moon on Sunday, June 23, 2013, and Blood Moon on Friday, October 18, 2013.

Happy 1000th Post, Bristle Crios!

It it only due to the support and involvement of all of our friends and fellow members that we have reached this wonderful new milestone. We have come a long way in a short time and it is my hope that the Bristle Crios community will always continue to grow. Let us reflect at the end of 2012 and consider way to make ourselves, our characters, and their environment better. These 1000 posts mean that if we work together, we can only accomplish more great things. Here's hoping to 1000 more.

If any of these dates are incorrect, if you would not like to be included, or if you would like to be included and I have not mentioned you, please let me know. Thanks.

Miranda Branson

Date: 2012-12-31 00:28 EST
To all members in Bristle Crios. In light of all the dates mentioned there is one more to add. As of December 18th, 2012 Morgan Doyle is no longer with us. He died bravely saving his fiance and daughter from a vampire named Bree. With the help of Fiona O'Neill and Kruger, Miranda and Angel are being well taken care of.

For more details please click Here

As always if you have any questions concerning this storyline please contact myself or Fiona O'Neill and we will be happy to help you in any way.

Miranda Branson

Date: 2012-12-31 00:40 EST
Merry Belated Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

I am so sorry for my absence as of late. With the blizzard that rolled through and work trying to kill me, coffee is failing me now a days. With the new year coming fast I hope to be around more often. In the mean time please enjoy the latest storyline Queen of the Coven. It has been a long time in the works.

Blessings with all my heart, Miranda

Arthour

Date: 2013-01-06 13:53 EST
I'm looking forward to latest event, and I'd like to thank the BC leaders for coming up with an event that fits better into the european timetable! Getting to start at 10pm, rather than 2am will make a nice change :).

Thanks again!

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-01-15 01:07 EST
With a new year, comes new achievements.

Congratulations to Renna The Betrayer and Kruger for their new "Old Wyrm' status. They achieved this honor by making over 300 posts!

Wonder how you rank up" A Wyrmling is anyone who makes 1 post. A Young Wyrm makes at least 15 posts. An Adult Wyrm creates 150 posts. An Old Wyrm completes 300 posts. An Ancient Wyrm finishes at least 600 posts. And last, a Great Wyrm creates at least 1200 posts. Read more about Ranks at http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php"t=240.

Also, a special congratulations to Miranda Branson and Yasmin for making over one hundred posts.

If I missed your Bristle Crios character making a posting achievement, please let me know and I'll be happy to include it.

Martyr

Date: 2013-01-18 04:16 EST
Okay.. So.. This is random for my first post in the OOC but I have to get this out... MARTYR'S ENGAGED! :D

Arthour

Date: 2013-01-19 08:09 EST
Yay!

H.K.

Date: 2013-01-27 01:54 EST
Starts looking through rules and regulations concerning first time OOC posts as it pertains to the B.C. folder.

Hmm...Random...check

Full spectrum iridescence...check

Interesting signature...check

Good news...Well Miss you have managed to hit all those hot points. Gratz on the engagement.

Martyr

Date: 2013-01-27 10:40 EST
Starts looking through rules and regulations concerning first time OOC posts as it pertains to the B.C. folder.

Hmm...Random...check

Full spectrum iridescence...check

Interesting signature...check

Good news...Well Miss you have managed to hit all those hot points. Gratz on the engagement. :D!! Oh, this is the proudest moment of my life... First of all, I'd like to thank my mom for having me.. Oh! My cat for cuddling me when I was writing it... The rainbow text... Megadeth for the lyrics for my signature! Um... Oooh...! Val, for proposing and pretty much being the best person I know--and putting up with me! You for the congrats! Um.. My laptop! :D I'm gonna stop now... :P

Miranda Branson

Date: 2013-02-07 00:20 EST
Congrats to Martyr, Val and let us not forget Max! This is wonderful news and thank you so much for sharing!

*Passes out champagne for the adults and sparkling apple juice for those under age*

Martyr

Date: 2013-02-07 02:02 EST
Congrats to Martyr, Val and let us not forget Max! This is wonderful news and thank you so much for sharing!

*Passes out champagne for the adults and sparkling apple juice for those under age* Thank you, Miranda. I know we're not doing a big wedding on DM, just the reception. Still, I need Bridesmaids!!! So far I have Fiona as the Maid of Honor, Serine as a bridesmaid, and hopefully you!

Val

Date: 2013-02-07 02:08 EST
No big wedding? Val's wallet just sighed in relief, at least.

Arthour

Date: 2013-02-07 04:39 EST
Now you must make up for it in awesomeness. :)

P.S Figure I should add, Art and Mai eloped on the 1st of Feb :D I will be posting it later today I hope

Miranda Branson

Date: 2013-02-07 10:17 EST
Oh Val. No big wedding just means the reception is twice if not three times bigger than average. *Grins*

Martyr, it would truly be an honor to be your bridesmaid. Thank you and if there is anything you need let me know. We can throw you one hell of a reception!

Art! *Shakes her head* It seems the wedding bells are going to keep ringing! Congrats! We are going to have to order more champagne and sparkling cider!

Blessing to you all as your lives continue to take new and interesting paths.

Miranda Branson

Date: 2013-02-07 11:39 EST
It has been a long time coming and of course Miranda is not one to sit still even if she is suppose too. Slowly formed into large metal placks, each crest gleams from the wall for all of the house to see. Each house now has their own crest along with a description. Small notes hand written to each of the house leaders thanking them for their hard work and dedication.

*Any questions on concerns please send me a message. Enjoy the new house crests!*

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-02-07 15:29 EST
Many appologies for the lack of appearance both of Ammy and Lahan. I am away from role playing for little while. RL issues with medications and a few...we'll leave it as 'dark times' have come up. I'll be around in a week or so for interaction again hopefully.

P.S. The house crests look great Miranda!

Arthour

Date: 2013-02-07 16:27 EST
We love you anyway Ammy-Mun!

I hope these dark times past swiftly for you and the medication issues are sorted soon.

Val

Date: 2013-02-07 17:38 EST
His credit card always seems to go missing, anyhow. Surely Martyr wouldn't know anything about it, being the innocent little thing she claims.

This Dark One

Date: 2013-02-08 06:09 EST
Hey everyone, sorry I have not been around the past week, and it may continue on for some time, as my PC has suffered catastrophic damage when the liquid coolant ruptured again, and burnt out the mothetboard and the HD....Yeah. Lost everything. My PS vita is now my only form of access to the internet. Hoping I can get thigs sortd out, so for you peeps that have standing sls with me, ill try my best to get online when i can...

Lots of luvs to all of BC, sorry agiain.

Arthour

Date: 2013-02-08 06:17 EST
Water coolant breach' Oh lords....I hope your back online properly soon Renna.

Kitty

Date: 2013-02-08 08:12 EST
Ruptured again? I just hope that you have a good warranty on that computer. This is the whole reason I'm sticking to a fan - I don't trust myself with liquid near electronics.

But see you when you get back, I suppose, and I wish you luck in it not happening again!

Arthour

Date: 2013-02-09 18:19 EST
It's up! Mai and Art getting married is up, took longer than I wanted but meh, my fault :) Enjoy peoples!! XD

http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24832

Miranda Branson

Date: 2013-02-11 00:30 EST
Just wanted to give a little shout out to Fiona O'Neill for over a hundred posts as of February 11th! Thank you and keep up the wonderful posting!

Martyr

Date: 2013-02-13 06:18 EST
I'm just posting this to test something.

Martyr

Date: 2013-02-13 21:06 EST
Testing again...

Arthour

Date: 2013-02-14 06:15 EST
What you testing Martyr?

Arthour

Date: 2013-02-14 06:15 EST
Lol server and phone fail. Push send once and it goes out 3 times....

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-02-14 15:35 EST
Just an update that I posted in the Lupinossai Den Folder, I am putting it here too since many of you rp with me as well.

Hello to all. I am still away from most rp still. Medication readjustments, evaluating depression and what may be causing it as well a becoming more active and exercising more has my schedule in complete chaos. You will see me when you see me on RDI.

F.Y.I. since I am working on weeding out depression and stress triggers expect me to ask questions about rps and sl's you want me in and why you want me. Don't feel offended if I tell you no. My health is a priority right now.

Arthour

Date: 2013-02-14 17:12 EST
I hope your well soon Ammy-mun. I'm still looking forward to playing out the Ebony Knight sl with you, but it can wait till your healthy first.

Rebellious one

Date: 2013-02-14 22:05 EST
Get well ammy mun!

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-02-15 02:40 EST
Like Art and Rebellious, I hope you get well Ammy and I look forard to when you make a return! Hope you feel better!

Marshall

Date: 2013-02-18 16:02 EST
Yeah, hurry up and get better! Best wishes :)

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-02-18 18:22 EST
Good news. Things are starting to level and adjust well. I'll be able to role play off and on now. Thumbs up.

Arthour

Date: 2013-02-18 18:59 EST
Yay! I hope things continue to get better for you

This Dark One

Date: 2013-02-19 04:19 EST
Thts good news! Hope things settle down for you Ammy. All the best. ^_^

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-02-20 16:41 EST
Check out this great storyline idea by Craven Delights. It centers around the nexus and can hold many possibilities for any character.

www.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4104

If you are interested, please keep all posts in the linked thread above on the Dragon's Mark site. In other words, don't respond here.

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-02-24 18:20 EST
I wish to share something very brief. If you want more answers got to the Lupinosse Den and just read.

It is with a heavy heart that I have disbanded the Lupinossai group. Some of my Lupe chars will remain and still be played. But as of now, the Lupinossai are no longer on RDI anymore.

Thank you for your time. Hope to see you all in rp soon and I will get back to posting again soon.

Ammy Spiritor and Lahan

Arthour

Date: 2013-02-24 19:19 EST
I've said what I wanted in the Lupinosse Den already, but I will repeat this much;

I hope things improve for you soon Ammy-mun.

Martyr

Date: 2013-02-25 05:20 EST
Forgetting Fate

Just wanted to share this Storyline I was introduced to. I fell in love with the idea, and I hope you all will, too. If you'd like to participate, all the information is in the link above. I will be posting my SL Thread tonight—In the BC forum, of course! I hope you all at least enjoy the idea and at most decide to join in on the fun!

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-02-25 10:34 EST
May I ask permission to joing BC please. Somewhere to rest a tired soul.

Arthour

Date: 2013-02-25 12:23 EST
I'v reading some of the other Fate story lines & I can't wait to read yours Martyr :) Just need to get home first and on my laptop, rather than read it on my phone :)

Ammy; Any decision would of course be between your self and the moderaters, but you'd be more than welcome to join Mage House if you want.

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-02-25 14:14 EST
May I ask permission to joing BC please. Somewhere to rest a tired soul. Let me start out by saying that I rarely respond to comments here because, well, I usually talk to you all live anyway and it'd seem redundant to me. But I, of course, have to respond to this immediately by saying"

Oh my gosh, Ammy! Of course you can join BC! I'm just honored I get to jump on it before Miranda read this. LOL. I just need to know what House you would like to be a part of so I can include you on the Member List. I'm sure I'll be talking to you soon.

Allow me to shamelessly plug our Member List. I mean, watch for Ammy's name to be added to our Member List below. http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php"t=18018

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-02-25 14:52 EST
Alchemy or Mage House. Whichever I fit into and cause the least disturbance to.

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-02-25 14:55 EST
I may or may not get to attend the festival tonight. martial arts runs tonight after work. If I can I'll drop by.

Miranda Branson

Date: 2013-02-25 15:42 EST
Fi has beat me to the punch. Darn work ethic of mine. Lol. I agree with Fi and Art. You are most welcome Ammy. You and your family. If you need anything at all please let me know, I'm always happy to help in any way I can.

F.Y.I. pick which house will make you happy. Otherwise I may end up splitting up a fight between Art and H.K over you. ;-)

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-02-25 15:51 EST
Hey if there's a fight of which house Ammy wants to be in then let me in there! :D But we're all excited to see you joining us Ammy (and you join Wolf House!)

Arthour

Date: 2013-02-25 16:02 EST
F.Y.I. pick which house will make you happy. Otherwise I may end up splitting up a fight between Art and H.K over you. ;-)

More than likely.

Stay out of this Crowe! :D

This Dark One

Date: 2013-02-25 16:28 EST
I have heard eternal house is good this time of year.

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-02-25 17:02 EST
Okay. Okay. Geeze. No bloody noses over me or I'll lay you all out. Alchemy house then. Ammy does more alchemy and engineering than mage work and while shes a Lupinossai, she wasn't one to start with. Does that settle it' Smirk.

Edited by a BC Moderator, like they say in the Folder Requests: Done

Arthour

Date: 2013-02-25 17:39 EST
Okay. Okay. Geeze. No bloody noses over me or I'll lay you all out. Alchemy house then. Ammy does more alchemy and engineering than mage work and while shes a Lupinossai, she wasn't one to start with. Does that settle it' Smirk.

I still love you, even though you've chosen poorly! :D I kid, I kid. Have fun Ammy, thats what it's all about :)

I have heard eternal house is good this time of year.

::Points accusing finger:: You!! Stay out of this You!!!.....Awww, I still love you to Renna! Despite...Well, you know.....

This Dark One

Date: 2013-02-25 18:20 EST
*Frown* So mean.

*POINTS BACK* Don't make me slap you Arty.

Lahan

Date: 2013-02-25 18:32 EST
Ahem. "Pokes Art"

You have me in Mage house. Played by Ammy. Am I chopped liver for not being fuzzy?

Arthour

Date: 2013-02-25 19:09 EST
:D

H.K.

Date: 2013-02-25 19:39 EST
Sits back for a moment, looks at the field with a tactical eye. That wrist computer is tapped and the holoscreen comes up before him. "Let's see...Transporter room 3 get a lock on Ammy's signature and beam her directly to Alchemy House. Send a security team to watch the perimeter. I want level 6 containment fields on the room you beam her too...somebody get me my Mek'leth and my Plasma Rifle...Now. K'lar Out."

He looks to the wall and pulls down the stealth kit, attactches his grenade satchel and steps into view of the others. "You're all too late. The Lupe belongs to me!"

Arthour

Date: 2013-02-25 19:48 EST
".......He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round Perdition's flames before I give him up!"

H.K.

Date: 2013-02-25 19:51 EST
"It's me you want Kahn...and you're going to have to come down here...You're going to have to come Down Here!"

"KAAAAHHHN!!!"

Miranda Branson

Date: 2013-02-26 01:39 EST
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who came to snow moon and helped make it so wonderful. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I hope we have just as much fun, laughter and snowballs next year!

Arthour

Date: 2013-02-26 05:15 EST
Last I saw the snowball scores were,

Alchemy house 1, Eternal house 1, but Mage house had 2!! We win.

:D

In spite of it having been rather late last night, I really enjoyed the Snow Moon :) I had to be able to go to the next one when it comes around.

"No Kirk, I've hurt you, I've done more than I can ever achieve by killing you...And now I'm going to leave you there..." Not an exact quote, but I think it's about right H.K ;)

This Dark One

Date: 2013-02-26 06:26 EST
Thanks to you gals and guys who as usual host a great event. I was fortunate that my laptop held out for as long as it did. In terms of winning the snowball fight' Mage House may have won, but for best team I reckon Team RenDoranMag were the best of the best.

Also, sorry for the net death Kruger. I was enjoying the innuendo flirt off between smith and weapon.

Also, I want to say thanks to Fio and Miranda muns for giving me the opportunity to have Renna prove her worth by becoming Eternal House leader. I am honoured you think so highly of me to fill in that gap. I hope I can make ya guys proud.

Oh. And Martyr? Ponies. Must. Happen.

Arthour

Date: 2013-02-26 10:40 EST
We won the war, but the battle was indeed won by your team :)

And Renna, if they like me and Crowe as a House Leader, you'll do fine! ;)

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-02-26 10:46 EST
Hey! Why was name Italiced then Art! XD

And you#ll be fine Renna, you're awesome enough for the job and you'll do a spectacular job!

Arthour

Date: 2013-02-26 11:19 EST
.....::Throws a pokeball at Crowe::

The False Heir

Date: 2013-02-26 11:23 EST
*Grabs with Force and sends it heading for his eye* Not gonna work :3

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-02-26 11:24 EST
*Grabs with Force and sends it heading for his eye* Not gonna work :3

Wrong character XD

Kruger

Date: 2013-02-26 18:47 EST
Drumming up business....uhm...yeah business is good. *winks* had a good time too.

H.K.

Date: 2013-02-26 18:58 EST
Arthour Wrote:"No Kirk, I've hurt you, I've done more than I can ever achieve by killing you...And now I'm going to leave you there..." Not an exact quote, but I think it's about right H.K

I believe somewhere in here are the words buried alive. The prestatement to the famous "Kaaahn" Shout. I would like to call upon my Doctor friend and say. "...you are looking at the only Starfleet cadet who ever beat the "No-Win" scenario."

My Little Renna

Date: 2013-02-27 05:00 EST
I'm going to be writing up the first post of this madness, soon. :D For all that is interested, drop me a PM and we shall find a way to Ponify your character. :D

*Hoofbumps Martyr*

Arthour

Date: 2013-02-27 07:31 EST
Oh dear lord!!!.....................,I kinda want in......

Fleetwolf

Date: 2013-02-28 00:27 EST
Been thinking on this for a bit and have decided that if Ammy has joined, Fleet should join as well and be a part of the community.

So, permission for Fleetwolf to join BC.

House: Eternal

Done :P

Val

Date: 2013-02-28 01:29 EST
Enough with the ponies. NO. BAD PONY.

Martyr

Date: 2013-03-01 00:31 EST
Juuuust happy that I didn't get hit on the nose with a rolled up newspaper.

Arthour

Date: 2013-03-01 10:23 EST
Get. Me. A. Newspaper. And find me the one they call Crowe! XD

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-03-01 10:31 EST
*Tears newspaper in his mouth when it comes through post* You shall not Smack me! >:D

Arthour

Date: 2013-03-01 11:51 EST
::Goes tot he news agents, buys a newspaper and hunts Crowe down:: Is that so?! ::Que evil grin.....Now!::

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-03-01 13:59 EST
*Hides in Rafters and sticks tounge out at him* Try and get me now!

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-03-01 14:11 EST
Crafts for Art with the power of Alchemy, a Holy Rolled Up News Paper of Smackage, +3, imbued with instant recall, feather light, gravity well, and flight for those hard to reach canines. Grins.

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-03-01 14:13 EST
Curses Ammy! I trusted you! D:

Mairead Harker

Date: 2013-03-01 23:04 EST
Thanks to you gals and guys who as usual host a great event. I was fortunate that my laptop held out for as long as it did. In terms of winning the snowball fight' Mage House may have won, but for best team I reckon Team RenDoranMag were the best of the best.

Just stopping by to say thanks for that! I enjoyed that scene! :)

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-03-02 20:30 EST
Please check out the official thread, The Strange Case of Demons in the Old Temple District by Rakeesh. In the first post, there are many links and some general information to help get you up to speed on the Khul-din demons and their threats to the Old Temple district children. I hope to have lots of involvement with this SL and I thank Rakeesh, on behalf of BC, for letting us help him with his SL.

I would, personally, like to take a minute to say that I sincerely hope that all of the animosity that this SL has received IC is restricted to IC and is not reflected OOCly. This is merely a SL to allow people to play together. Sometimes people take things too seriously OOC and they forget that this is supposed to be fun. I may get some negative comments for even saying this, but my problem is that I already am and I do not like it. If people choose to play with the SL, please do and have fun. If people wish to have nothing to do with it, please ignore it and keep your hostilities to yourself.

On a separate note, due to the overwhelming number of Playables about the same topic, I wish everyone in the RDI community would be aware of the following rule about Playables. "Please do not post a new Playable as a reply to a previously posted Playable in the Playables folder. Doing this turns the Playable into an ongoing storyline and the Playables folder is NOT the place for storylines. Instead you need to post your reply (you can include a link to the Playable if you like) in one of the three general folders provided or if you have your own story folder you can post it there as those are the places for ongoing stories to be told." Read more about the important things to know about Playables at http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8438

Martyr

Date: 2013-03-06 04:34 EST
-Martyr heals the OOC Chatter...-

PONIES!

Arthour

Date: 2013-03-06 06:22 EST
Where!?

H.K.

Date: 2013-03-07 01:04 EST
Contemplating me. Wonder what keeps me going? Laughs at the ponies.

DarkTides

Date: 2013-03-07 14:01 EST
Check out this great storyline idea by Craven Delights. It centers around the nexus and can hold many possibilities for any character.

www.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4104

If you are interested, please keep all posts in the linked thread above on the Dragon's Mark site. In other words, don't respond here.

A new playable and post is up related to this OOC discussion on DM. From the Deep is a site-wide open SL. See the SL info in Community Events for pertinent details.

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-03-07 23:04 EST
Thank you, DarkTides! I look forward to more!

I also wanted to say, because this crept up on me so quickly I almost missed it...

Congratulations on 1500 posts, Bristle Crios!

I love it! It's only due to your hard work and creative storylines that we keep reaching these great milestones. Keep it coming!

Arthour

Date: 2013-03-08 06:48 EST
Wait what? When did we do that?! XD

Well done to everyone and many thanks those that keep posting in our thread!!!!

This Dark One

Date: 2013-03-09 18:25 EST
Not quite there yet, but...

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/224/d/1/IT__S_OVER_NINE_THOUSAND_by_AtemsGirl15.jpg

Martyr

Date: 2013-03-10 07:11 EST
Not quite there yet, but...

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/224/d/1/IT__S_OVER_NINE_THOUSAND_by_AtemsGirl15.jpg LOL

Martyr

Date: 2013-03-10 15:46 EST
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab290/Ash-OfTheDead/MartyrMunPlushie_zps7fe6cf34.png

Coming soon... And for a limited time... Martyr mun plushies!

Blood Sister

Date: 2013-03-11 00:55 EST
Get involved in school!

The Academy of Bristle Crios would love the opportunity to work with other schools around Rhydin.

Let's offer our support and our ideas! Maybe some of our teachers would like to work with him on a teacher exchange program, or even a student exchange program to involve more students. This would not only encourage RPing with a wider variety of players and characters, but it would allow teachers an opportunity to reach more students and give students a wider variety of topics to learn. We could also work together on educational events and fundraisers with enough community support. Don't forget getting in on some action with competitive sporting and dueling events with his new school. The schools could even benefit from shared field trips to off campus learning sites. The Academy of Bristle Crios would love to hear any of your ideas as well!

Rakeesh

Date: 2013-03-12 16:16 EST
Hi folks. I'm just a visitor here, but I'd like to mirror Fio's encouragement for folks to get more involved in the SL posted as "The Strange Case of Demons in the Old Temple District". We've had a lot of really great interaction thus far, and it's really time to drive this particular SL home to whatever conclusion that might derive from it. If you have ideas and want to write, I'm an open book; just PM me and we'll work on it from there. The short subplot posted to that thread last week was done in about two hours by myself and the other player via Google Docs, and I'd be more than happy to work with others in this way.

I also really like what you folks are doing with Bristle Crios. Many attempts at Academies and schools have been made over the years, some of them great and others with less momentum ....I think you folks are doing some of the most detailed work that I've ever seen on RDI and am excited to be working alongside you with this storyline.

That's all. Thanks!

Arthour

Date: 2013-03-17 08:47 EST
I really need to get in touch with the others peoples in that SL, I tihnk it's about time we did a scene in Live Rakeesh, I'll get to you with details soon, hopefully.

Anyway, on behalf of the group, I'd like to say, thanks! I'm sure Blood Sisters-mun is very proud of the Academy. She's done a real good job getting the details together :)

H.K.

Date: 2013-03-18 04:52 EST
I'm putting my head down...look for me at odd times as I won't disappear entirely, I won't abandon this folder or its people. I'm sorry iF this causes any inconvenience. I'm sorry iF you need me and I am away. you can always PM me, I am easy to reach and look forward to any communications.

Finally I am sorry iF many of you don't know exactly how strongly I feel for the setting and the coven members.

CU Soon

D~Yes I am crazy...part of my charm.

Arthour

Date: 2013-03-18 08:11 EST
See you when you get your head back up H.K. Look for me at the bar ;)

Miranda Branson

Date: 2013-03-18 10:27 EST
We know how much this coven and it's members mean to you and hope you know how much you mean to us. If there is anything you need please let me know. I'm happy to help in anyway I can, even if it is just to listen and give you a hug.

Second Chances

Date: 2013-03-19 00:16 EST
Be proud of me. I'm striving to be active here again! And Fiona. I love you. <3 And.....don't be surprised if there are some radical Changes with Nikia. I feel like she needs them.

Arthour

Date: 2013-03-19 14:44 EST
You know though if Mage House would conjure me up a decent joke I might be able to satasfy the dark side and the light side.

I'll give you your joke H.K....In trade for the Lupe. :D

Nikia! ::Waves:: You've changed your profile pic!

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-03-19 18:20 EST
Wha....wait a minute. I'm still being considered currency'

- head desk -

Martyr

Date: 2013-03-19 22:23 EST
Be proud of me. I'm striving to be active here again!

Wooo!

Wha....wait a minute. I'm still being considered currency'

- head desk -

-Steals Ammy away-

Second Chances

Date: 2013-03-19 22:30 EST
Indeed I did, Art. I found a model that Fits Nikia's appearances well. 8D

And Yes, Maytr. Idolive. 8D

Arthour

Date: 2013-03-20 06:19 EST
Yes Ammy. You are. Your awesome!! :D

::Watches Martyr steal her away:: Curses....

It looks good Nikia ;)

Blood Sister

Date: 2013-03-20 19:47 EST
Children's Book Day " Storytellers Wanted!

The Academy of Bristle Crios will be celebrating Children's Book Day featuring Lady Aja Bird's Petting Zoo!

This real holiday, known as International Children's Book Day, is held on April 2nd in honor of Hans Christian Andersen's birthday. Read more about it at www.ibby.org.

Please post and play along! We are looking for anyone who would like to give their time to read to young students and guests who will be present during the reading event. Feel free to post any books you plan to read to the guests, any short posts related to the event, and even what you will be wearing, if you like. Have fun reading? and writing!

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-03-26 23:50 EST
Bristle Crios Public Service Announcement

In March, two Bristle Crios muns were involved in vehicular collisions.

One suffered broken bones.

One rolled the vehicle.

Despite the fact that it is going to be April in a few days, winter weather and winter driving threats are still out there. Parts of the US and UK are still getting snow as we speak. Please check out these brief PSAs on winter driving, including Chaining Up, Driving Behind Snow Plows, Winter Vehicle Checks, Adjusting Driving in Winter, and Black Ice Safety at http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/COMM/pages/winter_psa.aspx

On behalf of Bristle Crios, please drive defensively, in any weather.

Stay safe and arrive alive. Edit March 28th: Consider this count up to three now. Please do not make me have to increase the tally again.

NightRunner

Date: 2013-03-27 18:06 EST
I apologise in advance if either I'm doing this wrong or got it in the wrong place.

So, ah...Hi, Bristle Crios.

I have a bit of a story arc I'm writing that will involve (hopefully) elements of "From the Deep" and "Forgetting Fate". That'll take place in a bit though, since I'm still on the prelude. And that prelude is kind of why I'm here. Titled Mortal Coils, I detail the escape and eventual finding of two newly, erm...unfortunately orphaned children during an assassination thing my Renne is undertaking. Long tale short: Evil monster just blasted the kids' folks, the kids got away and Renne needs to kill the evil monster, then get the kids somewhere safe.

Renne is most certainly not parent material. He's too young on many terms for one, and for another, his current job description is a bit....dangerous. So. I have an *extremely* basic status report of the two kids if any of you guys might be interested in fostering or adopting two NPC human kids.

The girl Name: Susprea (Surname unknown) Age: Three Race: Human

The boy Name: Unknown Age: Four months Race: Human

I'll get the next part of Mortal Coils done only if and/or when I hear from someone here, since the plan is right now, to get the kids back to the main Rhy'Din city and to Crios. Renne has another reason for coming to Crios, which will again, be detailed soon, but I didn't want to step on anyone's toes re: the two kids.

Hopefully I am doing this correctly, heh. Thanks!

Arthour

Date: 2013-03-28 04:58 EST
I think you did it right ;) sounds like a very interesting idea!!

DarkTides

Date: 2013-03-28 21:37 EST
Hello, kiddies!

With permission from Fiona I am posting a link

Here

It is an Easter hunt, can you follow the rules and catch up to her" Or will you get confused by the back tracking steps?

Martyr

Date: 2013-03-29 04:23 EST
Edit March 28th: Consider this count up to three now. Please do not make me have to increase the tally again.

In MY defense....That telephone pole just jumped out in front of me!

Arthour

Date: 2013-03-29 17:41 EST
Sure it did..Seriously though, I hope your okay, and the same goes to the others!

Second Chances

Date: 2013-04-01 14:12 EST
It's okay, Martyr, The creep into my path, while I'm walking! Always some kind of pole or wall does. >>

Storm Ravenlock

Date: 2013-04-01 15:03 EST
Yeah, the one who's car rolled is okay as well. Been in contact with that player. They did get checked out as a (wise) precaution.

Arthour

Date: 2013-04-01 15:23 EST
Thats good to hear!

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-04-01 15:44 EST
Yeah, the one who's car rolled is okay as well. Been in contact with that player. They did get checked out as a (wise) precaution. Thank you so much, Storm.

As a further update of our members who were in vehicular collisions in March, each only suffered minor cuts and bruises, save for the one who also suffered broken bones. Luckily, no others were harmed in the collisions. All are doing well and are still active in the Bristle Crios community and the RDI community.

Again, on behalf of Bristle Crios, please safe safe while driving.

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-04-01 20:59 EST
I must say I'm completely blown away with the lengths of some of our recent threads. All of the threads listed below were contributed to in March and have at least 20 replies, some as many as 65! Whether due to a singular effort or a contribution from many friends, you all continue to astound. I hope the rest of the RDI community is watching because we have a lot to say!

Valcroix gets confusing news Weighing of the Heart A Difference Through the Little Things Big Bad Wolf Realignment of mind, heart, magic and soul Rebuilding Fleet Bristle Crios' Nurse's Office 'The Art of Fire Magic' The Teachings of a Swordmage Sorry if I missed anyone. Just let me know and I'll add it here.

As we go into the new month, I would be honored to point out some fun opportunities for the BC community. I'd love to see some more involvement with Rakeesh's The Strange Case of Demons in the Old Temple District. I would also like to find a home for the two orphaned children in NightRunner's Mortal Coils. I also challenge everyone to follow DarkTides's Easter Egg Hunt. And don't forget to check out Lady Aja Bird's Playable calling for aid in cleaning up the harbor and the docks around Rhydin after the latest storm.

H.K.

Date: 2013-04-01 22:53 EST
You do understand all that first and formost Ammy is mine...I have all her stuff in her room and know where she will be coming home to.

Second, flipping the car was nothing like that time down in Quadra Sigma when the Borg were trying to send their drones back in time and change the Khitomer Accord...good times, good times. I even managed to be partially assimilated...I highly reccomend it.

Still thanks all for your concern and well wishes.

Arthour

Date: 2013-04-02 06:55 EST
You do understand all that first and formost Ammy is mine...I have all her stuff in her room and know where she will be coming home to.

Second, flipping the car was nothing like that time down in Quadra Sigma when the Borg were trying to send their drones back in time and change the Khitomer Accord...good times, good times. I even managed to be partially assimilated...I highly reccomend it.

Still thanks all for your concern and well wishes.

.... ...... ........ .......... :-P

Rakeesh

Date: 2013-04-02 11:39 EST
Thanks Fio! I'd definitely love to continue the SL. So far, several folks from Bristle Crios have contacted me initially, but nobody's followed through yet (which I understand). Arthour and I should be working together some time this week, like I did with Colleen on that first short story. I'm really just acting as a narrator at this point so that players can do whatever they'd like.

The "badness" of the situation in Old Temple's likely to ramp up if nothing's done, which I don't have a problem with either. It's entirely up to the players.

Arthour

Date: 2013-04-02 17:23 EST
Speaking of which! Rakeesh, I'll be adding your AIM username to my list shortly ;)

Unseen Killer

Date: 2013-04-02 19:38 EST
Well, it's official now. Many thanks to our glorious Headmistress, and be looking for Ripper's Literature lesson plan soon enough.

Second Chances

Date: 2013-04-03 15:35 EST
Hee. Good news! I finally have my laptop, working and functioning well, thanks to a real good friend of mine! I may....poke around at a few SLs. And do some posting on the forums.

And Art. You have Aim' I must add you. *Squints* Plus, it's good to hear that no one's been hurt since those incidents! Accidents can be nasty things.

Charles Blackstone

Date: 2013-04-03 17:22 EST
AIM...i can't aim worth crap.

Oh that AIM.

Yeah i has that.

Arthour

Date: 2013-04-03 17:53 EST
And Art. You have Aim' I must add you. *Squints* Plus, it's good to hear that no one's been hurt since those incidents! Accidents can be nasty things.

Mhmmmmm, I do! It's on my profile! ;) And it is!

Miranda Branson

Date: 2013-04-04 11:44 EST
It will be interesting to see what happens with your classes! I look forward to reading it! Oh! And welcome to the Academy Ripper!

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-04-05 02:45 EST
I wish to say to my fellow Star Trek fans

Happy 50 Year Pre-Anniversary of First Contact Day!

In the evening of April 5, 2063, a Vulcan survey ship, the T"Plana-Hath, landed in Bozeman, Montana, after tracking the warp signature of the Phoenix, a spacecraft created by Dr. Zefram Cochrane. "First Contact' was made between both races, with the Vulcan "V" hand sign and a simple shaking of hands, eventually leading to the formation of the United Federation of Planets. Read more about the Star Trek movie that followed that fateful day, "First Contact".

"Live long and prosper." " Solkar

"Thanks." " Zefram Cochrane

http://www.startrek.com/uploads/assets/articles/Greeting.jpg Image Link. STAR TREK references and image are property of CBS Studios Inc.

Arthour

Date: 2013-04-05 10:01 EST
Awesome.

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-04-07 12:52 EST
Waves to all. Dang, I missed getting in on the Star Trek First Contact greetings. I loved that movie. Happy belated anniversary! Woo hoo.

On a small side note, if anyone is interested in seeing who Ammy really is, I've just finished compiling a snapshot biography of her to add to my attempts to get my own folder for her Alchemy shop. Feel free to take a look at AF: Snapshot Bio of Ammy L. Spiritor

P.S. Love all of you guys! Hugs all around.

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-04-07 13:00 EST
Woooo! Hugz! :D *Bear hugs Ammy*

Never really was the star trek fan, did like the modern ones but I'm guessing I'd be shot by some for that hah xD So yeh...Busy two weeks: Bowl of Evil, another sprinkle of evil, a dash of defeat and just letting the plan simmer and boil to a nice masterful plot with The Raven...

So being chilled now, might make a thread and may host a delightful party for the grand reopen ing of Crowe's Wondrous Weapon Stall! (If we don't have it, it ain't worth killing with it!)

Master of the Dice

Date: 2013-04-10 07:40 EST
Hello! Martyr-mun here! So a lot of people have told me that I should run a campaign and I never really got into it. I decided to try it out on here....I've run a few campaigns with many Bristle Crios Members. Started out as me just encouraging more play. It was fun, and I decided to actually start trying.

We did one last night and had a blast. You can read about it here.

I wanted to send out a thanks to all that joined in! Valcroix, of course who has always opted to try new things with me. Yasmin, who I might add is hillarious! I don't see her off the stage very often, but she came on and played with us tonight, and it really made me feel special. Juliet St. James, who was absolutely hilarious with her antics in the body-swapping bit. Minoko, who has not only become something of a partner to me, but a friend as well. Last but not least, Katan. Because everyone needs their stoner meat-sheild!

Anyways I had a lot of fun last night, I hope you guys did too. And I hope the rest of you have fun reading should you decide! There's definitely more to come, and PM Martyr if you're interested in joining the craziness!

Master of the Dice

Date: 2013-04-10 23:46 EST
I'd also like to add, that if you have your -own- campaign ideas that you would like me to run, I would be more than happy to do so! Just drop me a private message on Martyr and let me know your ideas along with great detail and a scedule and time that works for everyone.

Remember, details help me make your roleplay expirience better!

DarkTides

Date: 2013-04-12 23:25 EST
More posts forthcoming for the scavenger hunt, and From the Deep. Both are inter-connected.

Master of the Dice

Date: 2013-04-13 18:48 EST
I am proud to say that everyone made it through the trial-run of the campaign alive. I'm not so proud to say that the lack-of-system is flawed....

I'm going to do everything in my power to get this up, and running smoothly—this may entail character sheets. I'm working on a skeleton for them. Now, some stats will require you to roll the dice. Example: Health. To do this, you get the honor of going on a date with lovely little ole me to The Back Alley. This will ensure that everything is fair and documented.

If you are at all interested in joining a campaign, send a private message to this account, or Martyr's. Whichever is easier, I get on this one just as frequently as Martyr's now. For each campaign, I'm going to try and keep the number of players down to six or eight, because it will be very difficult for me to keep up with that many characters and ensure that everyone is heard and attended to"That being said, I'm doing "first come, first serve" for the party.

Another special thanks to everyone that joined! I had a blast doing it, and I can't wait for a better prepared campaign with a better system!

The idea for the next campaign, inspired by Katan, "Trapped inside a video game.? I'm going to have a lot of fun preparing it, and I hope whoever joins will have fun playing it!

Note: Look for the rest of the play in the Tricks of the Trials campaign thread! I'll have it up as soon as possible!

This Dark One

Date: 2013-04-15 18:15 EST
I have killed Renna off to a degree. I know this will make issues with standing storylines and issue, but those in the forums will resume as if she is alive. I am not withdrawing my membership from BC, nor am I doing it for SL purposes.

Again, standing SLs will be posted to, such as Fiona, who I owe a lot of posts, but other than that, I am no longer posting under Renna unless some significant thing happens.

As such, I am no longer the Eternal House Leader. Someone more deserving should take up the mantle.

Loves you all.

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-04-15 23:07 EST
As such, I am no longer the Eternal House Leader. Someone more deserving should take up the mantle. Thank you so much for letting us all know your intentions with Renna.

In regards to the leadership concern, as some of you know, the leaders will be making a new transition into a different type of role. You will always be welcome to continue in that new role.

Until then, I think I can speak for most when I say that I hope the reasons for your decision will be resolved soon.

Wishing you the absolute best, because you deserve it.

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-04-16 00:33 EST
Seems a lot is going on with Martyr mun's rp campaigns! Claps hands. Way to go!

Offers a hug to Renna. Will miss the role playing but understands real life happens.

And Ammy's shop is finally open with its own folder. All are welcome to come pester her as often as they wish as she will be helping all of Rhydin.

The Alchemist's Fire

Martyr

Date: 2013-04-16 02:57 EST

I second that...We adore you, babygirl. Definitely want to keep you around. You are an asset to not only BC, but the entire site as a whole.

Seems a lot is going on with Martyr mun's rp campaigns! Claps hands. Way to go! Thank you so much. Still working out the bugs, though.

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-04-16 10:17 EST
RP campaigns no matter the system used will have bugs. You guys will get them handled. Grins. The fact you all are tackling something like this with RDI's limitations is even more impressive.

Arthour

Date: 2013-04-16 12:31 EST

I second that...We adore you, babygirl. Definitely want to keep you around. You are an asset to not only BC, but the entire site as a whole. I'll second that.

Seems a lot is going on with Martyr mun's rp campaigns! Claps hands. Way to go! Thank you so much. Still working out the bugs, though. Good luck with that martyr-mun!! :)

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-04-16 12:36 EST
We all love you Renna, like an awesome, messed up family who loves everyone else in their family! We hope to see Renna back in the RP rooms once more! Love ya hun and have a wondrous time! :D

And cool on you Martyr! Never been in one of those RP campaign thingies but it sounds cool! I also had a little idea of having a little Skyrim forum idea *blushes* since so many play it lol! :D

Brian Ravenlock

Date: 2013-04-16 13:30 EST
First off my apologies for leaping in here, but it just had to be done.

Ren,

I <3 you, woman. Do what you need to do, and come on back stronger than ever. We'll all be waiting with open arms, and loads of anime to boot.

That aside,

Bristle Crios...

I want to personally thank you guys, for all the great work you have done, and continue to do. I want to thank you all, for allowing Brian and I to partake of such adventures in your own corner of our 'lil world here.

You guys are an incredible lot, and it has been a blast playing and talking with you all, and I look forward to more from each of you and more so, can't wait to see what comes down the road.

You guys got some gifted action indeed in yer neck of the woods, and I am humbled and thankful to have been a part of some of it.

So thanks again, all of you.

~Brian

Miranda Branson

Date: 2013-04-17 12:29 EST
*Tackle hugs Renna*

You are a brilliant woman and gifted beyond anything. Take your time and know that we will be here for you no matter what. Secondly, you have given a lot to BC. I want to say thank you even though I know it is not enough.

To all BC members. Thank you! This folder could not be what it is without you. Without the loving and gifted support we give each other. If I thought I could fit through the screen of my computer, I would hug each and every one of you.

Martyr...

*Tackles so she can catch of hint of stockings and a garter belt.*

I can not wait till work quits being a brat and I can join the fun! I have heard so much about it! Need help with anything let me know. Fi, Jules and I use to do character sheets and had to make up a few from time to time. I think I still have blank skeleton ones somewhere on my computer.

Ammy

*Glances at H.K and Art clearly saying back away from the Lupe. I want to give her a hug.*

Congrats on the store! I look forward to all the fun that will be coming without a doubt.

Brian Ravenlock,

Your OOC posting made me nearly cry. Reminding me of why this all started. Thank you so much for joining in our crazy fun.

To answer on upcoming events, there will be Prom "Enchantment Under the Sea" in May, Rose Moon "Details coming soon" in June and perhaps the fights will come back "Pillow fights and Jello fights" although no idea when yet.

Any questions, in need of a hug or just want to chat, shoot me a pm! I will get back to you as soon I can!

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-04-17 13:05 EST
Hey I'm kinda left out on the hugs here! :D I'm all fluffy and cuddly and *glares at Martyr* lucky ;)

I gotta say I'm dad to see Ren leave her position but hopefully she will be back to kick ass as usual! :D Made a new thread and if ya ever feel like jumping in, go ahead! SUPRISE me! :3 Habe a delightful time people and lets keep up the awesomeness! And oh yeh...Check out Drawn too, by myself and the spectacular Nayla ;)

Fleetwolf

Date: 2013-04-17 14:48 EST
Sneaks over to Crowe and sizes him up.

"Feeling left out' Get over here!" wraps him up in a burly man hug full of fuzz.

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-04-17 14:57 EST
Hullo! :D *Squeezes the life outta Fleety with the burly man hug of the century, the manliness greta and awesome* Who else wants in" Ladies" ;) We're fuzzy and soft!

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-04-18 15:41 EST
Side steps the fluffy males and rolls eyes. "Show offs."

Hi guys. I know my Alchemy seems to be kind of hard for some to just jump in and join it seems so I offering workshops that can be live rp'd when ever I am on at the new shop. The sl for that is here:

Alchemy Workshops - (Open)

No posting required! Just let me know if you want some personal time with Ammy to learn some alchemy or brush up on your skills and we can live rp it. I'll just post the edited transcripts of the live rp.

Hope this offers a bit more playability with Ammy. I don't bite, really!

Arthour

Date: 2013-04-18 16:35 EST
::Stays outta Miranda's way::

It's true!...Well..You may have to ask Fleety for more details, but in live rp, its true! :D

Second Chances

Date: 2013-04-18 17:29 EST
Guuuuuyyyys. Guys. Hi. I'm being random. Don't mind me.

Though, I wish people out on the roads would be more cautious of *who* is behind them on the road. Or beside them for that matter. I'm saying this, because a couple of Nights ago, My boyfriend and I were on our way home from a friends house, some guy in a big truck in the lane beside us, tried to switch lanes, and almost plowed us over. If it wasn't for My boyfriend yelling, he probably would have actually done so. Which, considering we were on his Bike? It would have been bad. Incredibly bad.

I'm just glad that the guy *heard* my boyfriend, and swerved back into his lane.

But still. People out there on the roads, be cautious of Motorcyclists, and those that have those scooters/ bikes. We're smaller than you guys in those cares and trucks, and a bit harder to see. And at night' Our headlights aren't all to bright sometimes.

I love you guuuuyyysss. <33

Arthour

Date: 2013-04-18 17:31 EST
^ What she said.

And Nikia? We love your randomness!!! XD

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-04-18 17:57 EST
Totally love randomness!

::Blinks:: Miranda wants hugs? :: shoves the fluffy guys out of the way easily and hugs the Miranda ::

Always hug the Miranda! Sorry boys. :: Grins ::

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-04-19 16:50 EST
In light of recent IC, OOC, and IRL occurrences, several topics are becoming hot issues. Violence, sexual assault, hate crimes, etc. I would like to draw everyone's attention to the current thread discussing these issues on Dragon's Mark at http://www.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php"t=4114. Feel free to get involved in the discussion there, as well.

Dragon's Mark and The Red Dragon Inn have clear rules regarding material not suitable for all audiences. If you are unfamiliar with these rules, please see the Dragon's Mark Message Forum Guidelines at http://www.dragonsmark.com/dm-forums.php. You should not be posting in Bristle Crios or on The Red Dragon Inn site until you review these rules.

Bristle Crios is asking that all "questionable" content in the Bristle Crios forum be labeled as "Mature Content' or "NSFW". We also expect that the content is explained. Examples include: Sexual Themes, Nudity, Violence & Gore, Sexual Violence, etc. These warnings must be clearly included in the first post of the thread.

If anyone finds a post in the Bristle Crios forum that you feel is inappropriate and not clearly labeled with a content warning, or that violates forum code of conduct, please Private Message one of the Bristle Crios moderators, including a link and quote of the inappropriate content.

What are your thoughts on this matter"

PS. Check out this great thread discussing Thought-Sniping. Join the discussion on Dragon's Mark.

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-04-20 01:39 EST
After reading all of the linked topics provided by Fiona, it is an interesting group of topics. A group of topics that are quite sticky to get tangled in honestly as they all have good and bad points. Most of whats been pointed out is nothing new and has happened on several sites and even online games. I do support with Fiona the need for labeling any thread subject going beyond PG-13 as Mature or as RDI states NSFW.

Though honestly, sometimes a creative way of getting a point across in a post or sl rp without blatantly saying or spelling it out is often more challenging, creative and stays within PG-13 confines. Granted it's not everyone's cup of tea or writing style. I am far from being in a position to soap box. I've done posts that have hit PG-13 and then skittered right past in a train wreck. Though these days I do try to mark any mature things mature or steer my rps and posts into PG-13 areas.

The original point in the topic linked though seems to be a case of 'Has anyone explained to others the use of the 'Ignore' button in Live Chat'? You don't have to abandon live play if one or more people are being a pain. Put them on Ignore. Their text doesn't come through, they can't send you taunting IM's. They do get a message that they have been Ignored and you can type a custom message saying why as well.

Okay - I'll hush now.

Marshall

Date: 2013-04-21 16:59 EST
Finally, finally. My new computer will be here tomorrow. I've been trying my best to stick to the time guidelines through the library, friends computers, etc. However, I'm back tomorrow, so I can not wait to see you all again very soon and get back on the ball with all the wonderful stories, projects and good works we do.

Marshall

Date: 2013-04-21 17:03 EST
As far as the topic at hand? You may recall, Fiona, way back in my early days, you had me put a disclaimer on my second post. Dev has a history full of murder, wanton violence and pointless sex. That's just what he is. (Also, more posts soon. Computers help with that.) Anyways, I think a simple, bond type disclaimer as the first line of a post is great. The choice is now the readers. A movie is rated R, and in my mind, the blame lies with the parent who knew, and let a child watch, rather then the child who didn't know. So long as we tell the general public what is in the post, we can't be blames. After all, we can't force anyone to read. I'd we disclaim, and they then read, they chose, knowingly, to read possibly offensive material, therefore absolving the writer of any, and all guilt. That's how I see it!

Arthour

Date: 2013-04-21 17:16 EST
Finally, finally. My new computer will be here tomorrow. I've been trying my best to stick to the time guidelines through the library, friends computers, etc. However, I'm back tomorrow, so I can not wait to see you all again very soon and get back on the ball with all the wonderful stories, projects and good works we do.

That's great Marshall!! XD

Marshall

Date: 2013-04-22 01:09 EST
Randomly, it was sitting at my house when I got back from work this afternoon, so here I am, all alienware and ready to go :p

Arthour

Date: 2013-04-22 15:07 EST
Alienware?.........Barsteward XD

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-04-22 15:36 EST
Alienware" HAH XD I can make a good enough gaming computer for "300 ^^

So how is everyone" Spiffing" My little thread is still open to all, accept all takers! :D Always wondered too, how many of us actually game (Xbox, ps3, pc, wee)?

Second Chances

Date: 2013-04-22 19:04 EST
Ooh! Ooh! I play the Wii. Sometimes. Somewhat. Kinda. Maybe. I suck with video games. I move spam all the time. >>

Arthour

Date: 2013-04-23 04:08 EST
I have noticed something startling.....

Jesse (aka crazy lady) is teaching at the academy!!!.....:) Actually, this this just me waving in the general direction of the new teachers and such! :D plus....I just wanted to post something today!

Ammy! I owe you posts!!

Spell

Date: 2013-04-23 04:29 EST
I have noticed something startling.....

Jesse (aka crazy lady) is teaching at the academy!!!.....:) Actually, this this just me waving in the general direction of the new teachers and such! :D plus....I just wanted to post something today!

Ammy! I owe you posts!! Jesse will demand to be called Sensei! Art better come to the Broom Flying class! :)

Arthour

Date: 2013-04-23 09:29 EST
::snickers:: He might! But Jesse better remember mage house belongs to art!.....Well, until there's a new mahe house leader :D

Blood Sister

Date: 2013-04-23 10:12 EST
In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week from May 6th to the 10th, the Academy of Bristle Crios will be holding its first prom.

I would like to invite everyone to the prom to be held on Wednesday, May 8th, from 2 to 4pm PST, 5 to 7pm EST, 10 to midnight GMT. Fans of the popular "Back to the Future" trilogy will appreciate our prom theme "Enchantment Under the Sea". Read more about Prom 2013.

We have much to celebrate. The Academy of Bristle Crios hasn't even been open eight months and we already have over 30 character staff members!

The Academy had ten staff members before the school opened its doors on September 1st, 2012. Ten more staff applied during the month of September. Five applied by the end of the year. Even more staff members have applied this year, currently giving us over thirty staff members.

If you haven't already, be sure to welcome our newest additions to the Academy staff. Katan Merridew is the Nursing Assistant to Miss Martyr, our School Nurse. Jesse "Spell" DeAngelo Van Bokkelen Graziano Helston O"Neill is the lifeguard and newest instructor. She will be teaching" a variety of? interesting subjects. Read more about Deathlord Jesse's classes.

Jesse will demand to be called Sensei! Excuse me. Sensei Jesse.

Arthour

Date: 2013-04-23 13:47 EST
::Claps:: Yay! XD

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-04-23 14:58 EST
Twiddles fingers at Art.

"No rush master mage. I can always send more statues your way." wink.

Congrats on the new teacher Jesse and the new nurse assistan Katan.

Sadly I wont be able to make the prom. I'll be either on a ferry going home or in the middle of karate class. Enjoy it for me though folks!

Last item of business, to jump in on Marhsalls question!

I play X-Box 360, Playstation 2, Playstation, and Start Trek Online. All of which has collected dust over the last few months. Welcome back Marshall!

Arthour

Date: 2013-04-23 15:12 EST
Please do! XD

And to answer the question myself....

Xbox360 (you don't wanna know how many games..) Play Station 1 but only for FFIX A blast from the past! 16 Bit Mega Drive/SNES!! Steam games on the PC Wii

And thats about it for me :D

I forgot...I play Star Trek Online too!!

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-04-23 18:34 EST
To correct a blunder I've made, it was Crowe Thorne asking the question about gaming platforms.

I'll also add that I love board games and table top role playing games to boot and have been working on two custom rpg systems I have made with friedns from scratch. Age of Air (Steam Punk setting) and Lupinoss (Medieval/Scifi mixed) which you've seen a lot of alread. (nudges all of the Lupinossai and Humaran characters running about.

Now I am stepping out the door from work, guitar slung on mah back and hoping to get a little practice in the sun while waiting for the ferry. Ciao all!

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-04-24 02:13 EST
Just curious if anyone is interested in getting in on the SL I've started at my shop. It deals with the affliction that has been plaguing Ammy, Fleet and their family with their memories. It's an open SL to all and I think one or two BC members were interested. The SL is here: Two pinches of Chaos, one Ebony Knight (Mature SL & Open)

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-04-24 02:30 EST
Ooooh! I'm interested a lot! :D After the whole statue attack Crowe will definitely be hot on his heels for revenge! :3 Looks awesome so far as well Ammy-mun!

Arthour

Date: 2013-04-24 05:56 EST
^What he said XD

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-04-24 15:28 EST
Thank you guys for interest and praise so far. Do my best to bring a dazzler of an SL to the shop folder.

Blood Sister

Date: 2013-04-26 23:53 EST
A big thank you to Harris and Seirichi!

The latest installment of Rhydin Rewind features the Academy of Bristle Crios Prom!

Read it here: http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php"p=176841&highlight=#176841

Harris and Seirich have always had something to say about the Academy, even back when it opened. We have always been grateful for the support. They have certainly gone out of their way this time by purchasing 100 tickets to give away on the KLIT AM 900 program over the next week. Be sure to listen to Rhydin Rewind every morning for your chance to win!

Martyr

Date: 2013-04-27 03:53 EST

The latest installment of Rhydin Rewind features the Academy of Bristle Crios Prom!

Read it here: http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php"p=176841&highlight=#176841

Harris and Seirich have always had something to say about the Academy, even back when it opened. We have always been grateful for the support. They have certainly gone out of their way this time by purchasing 100 tickets to give away on the KLIT AM 900 program over the next week. Be sure to listen to Rhydin Rewind every morning for your chance to win!

Yeaahhh....I just hope Martyr doesn't -actually- have to break it to Harris that she's engaged. I second that thank you, those two always make me laugh and that was just amazing.

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-04-28 15:57 EST
Here's wishing GOOD LUCK! to our Bristle Crios members up for nomination for the 2013 Beltane King and Queen: Valcroix and Martyr!

We also have several Academy Staff nominated. Eregor, Charles Blackstone, and Spell! See the other nominees here.

Seirichi

Date: 2013-04-28 16:21 EST
Thanks everyone for the kind words :).

Yeaahhh....I just hope Martyr doesn't -actually- have to break it to Harris that she's engaged. I second that thank you, those two always make me laugh and that was just amazing. Harris would be crushed..

Martyr

Date: 2013-04-29 11:06 EST
Thanks everyone for the kind words :).

Yeaahhh....I just hope Martyr doesn't -actually- have to break it to Harris that she's engaged. I second that thank you, those two always make me laugh and that was just amazing. Harris would be crushed..

T.T I'm sorry!

Rakeesh

Date: 2013-04-29 12:41 EST
Just wanted to let folks know that I'm going to push the Old Temple plot to a finale by the end of this week, so if you want to become involved, my AIM is the best way to get a hold of me.

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-04-29 17:42 EST
So yeh, broke part of my left hand from rugby yesterday so may not be so active and may be slower in RPs so sorry for any trouble from slowness if I cause it lol!

Arthour

Date: 2013-04-29 17:54 EST
I hope you get well soon Crowe!

Arthour

Date: 2013-04-30 15:24 EST
::Waves at everyone::

Hello people! I haves a big announcement to make regarding Art, this char.

To cut it short and sweet, Art is dead.

....Nah, I'm lying :D He's fine, but he was nearly killed. Took a glancing blow from an 'Orb of Death'. What does this mean?

Art is currently MIA, to most people. He is in fact currently with the rest of his Pantheon, who pulled him out before he could actually die, and he is recuperating. Now! You'll note I mentioned I said that to *most* people he is MIA. The people who will know he's okay are the ones that he has given one of his crystals to.

The people that have one of his crystals will know he is okay, and I may bringing him on every now and then to speak with said people, but! For the next week or so, I won't be using Art. Because he's in another realm and needs to recuperate before he can return. That's the IC reason why, the OOC reason I went this way is because,

A) I *really* need to buckle down with my course work. If Art is on the side lines, then I don't need to come on as often to play him. Not that I don't *love* playing him, and being here, but I'm at the last 2 months of my course now. Gotta focus on that more, and this is a good way of explaining his absence.

B) I can work on some of Art's back story and his Pantheon, as this is a good excuse to get some more work done on it :D

A full story of who it all happened cn be fund in the logs, here: http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/chatlogs/index.php'scre en=3&chatroom_id=7&log_date=2013-04-29&hour=17

Please know, everything happened with my knowledge and permission first and was kinda, sorta preplanned in a way as I knew what to expect before going in. I hope you all enjoy reading the logs, maybe if Seraph-mun doesn't mind, I'll post it up in the folder :)

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-04-30 19:12 EST
Hope you do well on your course work Art!

I just read the first post of Brian Ravenlocks "To find a Fire Mage"

All I can say is....wow. I didn't expect Ammy to have so much impact on someone much less an indirect effect in the creation of Raven and that mess. Shakes head and laughs quietly. Guess she is one red head that has to come with a warning label when people want to fall in love with her.

Truth be told the campaign was for a great deal of things, the most important at that time to Raven was one Ammy Spiritor...

Ah, what a person would do for love....Raven did a lot actually, in the name of that love for Ammy.

He laid siege to the market place, openly attacked Brian, and several others. Kidnapped Claire, and then placed a bounty on not only Art, but Brian, Katt and several others.

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-05-01 02:12 EST
Raven IS insane Ammy-Mun ;) planned to kill everyone who'd likely stop him from you. In a not so subtle way either xD It was a damn fine post too! *Pats Brian's bacl*

Blood Sister

Date: 2013-05-01 03:50 EST
Last chance to nominate Prom King and Queen!

To enter the Prom King and Queen poll, please submit your name and a partner's name to me by the end of the day on May 1st.

Not a couple" Not a problem.

Apply with a friend. There could even be two Prom Kings or Prom Queens. The voting is up to the public.

NOTE: Prom King and Queen is only open to Bristle Crios members, staff, and students. At least one of the partners must fit this description. Read more about the "Enchantment Under the Sea" Prom at http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php"t=25414

Don't forget to post what you'll be wearing!

Arthour

Date: 2013-05-01 07:07 EST
Thanks Ammy!

Wait...::Double checks when the Prom is:: Daaaammmmmnnnnn!!!........I might have to miss it with Art in absence.....::Grumbles:: Forgot it was on the 8th...Hmm, might be able to work around that though....Hmm, actually, I just had an idea. Gonna grab my notepad now, write some stuff down, then, Back to trying to sort out this assignment for Primary Forming!

...Yay....

Blood Sister

Date: 2013-05-04 17:46 EST
As if Prom being announced on Rhydin Rewind wasn't enough' we can proudly add the GangSTAR blog mention to our list. Thank you Marc Franco!

Rhydin Rewind: http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php"t=23257

GangSTAR Blog: http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25503

If I miss any other posts about the Academy, be sure to share here. Thanks!

Brian Ravenlock

Date: 2013-05-05 09:41 EST
Hope you do well on your course work Art!

I just read the first post of Brian Ravenlocks "To find a Fire Mage"

All I can say is....wow. I didn't expect Ammy to have so much impact on someone much less an indirect effect in the creation of Raven and that mess. Shakes head and laughs quietly. Guess she is one red head that has to come with a warning label when people want to fall in love with her.

Truth be told the campaign was for a great deal of things, the most important at that time to Raven was one Ammy Spiritor...

Ah, what a person would do for love....Raven did a lot actually, in the name of that love for Ammy.

He laid siege to the market place, openly attacked Brian, and several others. Kidnapped Claire, and then placed a bounty on not only Art, but Brian, Katt and several others.

Sometimes, the faintest of things can have the greatest impact on everything around them. While Brian did not know who Ammy was, save recognition only, the impact she had on Raven, and his actions were felt all over and quite deeply by Brian who has had some severe, and not so severe encounters with the man called Raven.

Brian can also relate, a tad. Because when his own brother Jacyn adopted his mantle 'Raven', it too was based partially on the daughter he loved so dearly, and yet accused Brian of taking her as his own, after leaving Jacyn for dead. Jacyn wanted to take everything from Brian to make him feel the pain Jacyn had felt, as he kept himself in solitude planning his vengeance over the course of years.

While Juleta had no idea, of what happened between her father and uncle, the sheer impact she had on the cause of events, and the aftermath was something Brian, Jenai and many others would never soon forget, if ever.

I think that why Brian sees Raven as more than a mere madman. Because, Brian would give, and do anything for the sake of Jenai and their children. More so, he had done just that fighting his way back to them, after so much time away.

Also thanks to Raven, Crowe, Ammy, Art, Renna and Charles too for some amazing play over the course of this, and even the aftermath.

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-05-06 15:37 EST
Bows to Brian.

That is a very deep and insightful story line Brian. I like it. And yes, I would agree the more I look at things. What seemed like a harmless little flirt way back during the Winter Moon dance when Ammy and Crowe went human is still haunting them it seems. Raven is about, though he's yet to come across Ammy physically in his new body, and it seems most of the time Crowe has many repressed feelings still for the Lupe alchemists that sends a lot of mixed signals across the board to others in rp who are safe guarding Ammy.

I think I need to re-read a book on how to uncomplicate things. Lol. I am not passing that test these days.

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-05-06 15:55 EST
Cheers Brian, you are one sweet, badass player my man! :D

And with the whole Crowe digging Ammy it's like Raven is all nasty thoughts of Crowe really in a body, and he thinks having feelings for Ammy is a bad thing yet he believes there is some good in having them feelings :)

Arthour

Date: 2013-05-06 17:45 EST
In other words....Crowe is all messed up in the head. :D

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-05-06 17:56 EST
Ain't he always Art, everyone should already know that!? xD

Arthour

Date: 2013-05-06 20:02 EST
I would hope that they do! XD

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-05-06 20:41 EST
So....if I am reading this right then....Ammy needs to bust out her long unused and dusty enchanted cast iron skillet to realign a few hard drives in Crowe and Raven's heads then? Grins.

I apologize for any slowness or absent appearances on RDI. Allergies, medication readjustments, and medical issues still keep tipping my life dice into nat ones lately.

I'll try to keep things posted when I can. Trying not to lose momentum on the Ebony Knight thread. I'll slink away now as my mind is slipping into ramble mode....:: takes the all the plush penguins and rubber duckies with her to a pool ::

Unseen Killer

Date: 2013-05-07 01:07 EST
This is probably spoken of already, but what is Bristle Crios doing in regards to the Avatar of Eternity playable" I know Ripper is donating stuff to the Science wing to try to breed docile Drones, but what else is going on on that end"

Miranda Branson

Date: 2013-05-07 07:50 EST
Bristle Crios Members,

The playable created by Avatar of Darkness was not given any kind of permission for going against Bristle Crios or it's members. The storyline is still under discussion currently. I am deeply sorry for any confusion this has caused and have asked that the playable be taken down for now.

If there is interest in having a storyline with these tones please pm me and I will be sure to include your wants and needs within reason of this or any other major future storyline involving Bristle Crios.

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-05-07 14:02 EST
I have to agree with Miranda.

Communication is essential.

All players need to properly communicate when playing together, whether it is for a quick interaction or a longer storyline. Problems only arise when people do not explain their wants, needs, and expectations IC and OOC. Time after time, we all see situations where people did not effectively communicate and it led to accusations of godmoding, automatic hits, using OOC information IC, and other violations of roleplaying code.

In response to this story and other stories that players would like to have Bristle Crios involvement with in the future, we ask that the following information be provided to the Bristle Crios Moderators in advance. What are the goals of the story' What needs to happen to achieve these goals" What are the plot points that will lead the story along" What is the rough estimate of how long the story will last IC and OOC? Etc. We love to provide our involvement in the roleplaying community, but we expect the story to be handled properly so it may proceed in a smooth fashion for everyone's enjoyment.

Rhiannon Brock

Date: 2013-05-07 16:21 EST
To the players of Miranda and Fiona,

Speaking as a reader of the stories of Bristle Crios, I want to thank you both for addressing that playable.

To be specific, this quote from the profile of the SN, that the post was made under, set off all kinds of warning bells: "If you do not wish to be powergamed, avoid this character." That alone speaks volumes against the standards that BC members and other respected players uphold. It is also a contradiction to posted DM guidelines which include the following: YOU do not get to decide what happens to any character other than your own.

Rhi's player

Unseen Killer

Date: 2013-05-07 16:31 EST
So we're still talking. Alright, thanks for the update. I know Arthour was doing something with the Seraph/Enigma, but I couldn't be sure if he was doing it on behalf of everybody or if he was just getting himself involved in the deal.

Arthour

Date: 2013-05-07 18:34 EST
So we're still talking. Alright, thanks for the update. I know Arthour was doing something with the Seraph/Enigma, but I couldn't be sure if he was doing it on behalf of everybody or if he was just getting himself involved in the deal.

I guess it sorta depends on what happens really, but I can certainly see Art going one-on-one with Seraph, but as I say, depends on how things go really. There's no reason I know of that others can't become involved

Arthour

Date: 2013-05-07 19:33 EST
Oh, and Art is back, by the by! :D

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-05-07 21:09 EST
I am going to have raise a little concern and a little voice on not seeing any harm in getting involved in the Enigma sl.

As pointed out by Rhiannon Brock, Power gaming as a warning in ones profile is never a good sign, period. If something were outlined as Fiona pointed out was presented ahead of time for members of BC to look at to see what all is involved and how far things are going maybe an open invitation to others would be warranted.

I am also mentioning a concern that some people are starting to think various rp's that have been happening with Enigma and the Avatars are connected with my Ebony Knight SL. They are not. For one I have outlined in the starting post who and what places are to affected, and what areas and chat rooms that are never to be areas of conflict.

That is all.

Martyr

Date: 2013-05-08 03:07 EST
To the players of Miranda and Fiona,

Speaking as a reader of the stories of Bristle Crios, I want to thank you both for addressing that playable.

To be specific, this quote from the profile of the SN, that the post was made under, set off all kinds of warning bells: "If you do not wish to be powergamed, avoid this character." That alone speaks volumes against the standards that BC members and other respected players uphold. It is also a contradiction to posted DM guidelines which include the following: YOU do not get to decide what happens to any character other than your own.

Rhi's player

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you for posting that.

Serine Delin

Date: 2013-05-09 03:46 EST
I first want to say that I enjoyed the Prom event. Everything was done so well and I liked watching the ways many of you expressed your own satisfaction and enjoyment with each other. That said, I wished to express concern about the alcohol present. I don't want to cause a stir, and I deeply respect the vision each of us have about our character or characters, but this was a school event for minors. I know that we were all ultimately pretending such an event existed, and as far as I know alcohol was not specifically forbidden at the event except when Bard of Cain mentioned that none would be served because it was a school event, but it was a school event. As adult players, I feel we should have known better already.

It's one thing for a teenage student to spend the evening trying to spike the punch bowl, but this was a case of adults bringing alcohol to a school event. One of them even drank it inside the hall and shared it with another, doing both after this character themselves said there would be no alcohol because of it being a school event, indicating the player knew. Another stumbled around the dance hall, visibly drunk and even smelling of it. One of these characters was a member. The other was a guest of several member characters. By contrast, a *non-member* said to another person that there would be no alcohol because it was a school event, and to my knowledge stuck with it. How does this make our members look, who stand idly by while alcohol is consumed and shared *inside* a prom or even consume it themselves"

I feel this is also an insult to the school and its staff, who now appear to have been unable to put on a prom for their children in a safe and responsibly run environment. It's one thing for a teenager to sneak alcohol in and try to spike the punch. It's another for adults affiliated with the Academy, with BC in general, or with the members of either to bring that alcohol in themselves and share it openly while inside the dance hall. Could it really not have been done elsewhere" I feel partly responsible, since I was chaperoning and didn't see it until well after it had happened. By then it would have been awkward, if not wholly inappropriate, to say something in character. I feel as though I really dropped the ball on this, but at the same time I never expected that it would come up.

I'm sorry if this causes a stir, as I just wanted to express my opinion and concern on the matter. I suppose if you've read this far, it's obvious that this struck a nerve.

Blood Sister

Date: 2013-05-10 00:49 EST
Due to certain circumstances at the prom, it has been decided that Bristle Crios, as a whole, will be focusing more on adult-centered events in Live Chat. Unfortunately, a children's setting can make it more difficult for characters to be played as they are written and developing. Until more students apply to the Academy of Bristle Crios, events held by the Academy will be limited to posting on the Bristle Crios forum. If players wish to live play them on their own, they are always encouraged to do so.

If anyone would like to work with the Academy of Bristle Crios on future posted events, please let me know.

Miranda Branson

Date: 2013-05-10 01:13 EST
I understand and agree with the reasoning of Headmistress Lydia for changing the Academy events from live to posting. However, our dear members in the European time zone or GMT have not been forgotten!

Snow Moon will now be made for the GMT time zone!

So many events take place for an American time zone during the winter season and it is only fair that something be done for the GMT to get in on the fun.

Please note this is only the first of what I hope will be more to come with your support, encouragement and help. What happens in Bristle Crios cannot be done without its Members and support of the Rhy'din and Dueling communities.

Have any questions, concerns or ideas my ears are always willing to listen, just send me a pm.

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-05-10 02:42 EST
*Dives forward for a huggle tackle onto the Miranda*

Thank you so much! :D Been waiting for something like this, must've been due to our successful Euro invasion of power xD Ooooh, I cannot wait! Thanks once more Miranda!

Martyr

Date: 2013-05-10 04:30 EST
I can say that you made some good points there, but I will also say that this isn't the first 'school" event that alcohol was served; the other one being where alcohol was served to the public BY a staff member. I am in no way trying to get anyone in trouble by any means"but my point is, issues like this should be handled in private where said members should be taken aside, and not handled in a public OUT OF CHARACTER chat forum with an unnecessarily long post. Something like, "Hey when we have a school event, can we try to keep alcohol out of it??"would have sufficed. I also believe that this issue in question should have been pointed out by a moderator; but that's another matter entirely.

My point is, this issue, no matter how many paragraphs you make it, and how professional you try to make it appear, was inappropriately, and unfairly handled. Why is it okay to pull somebody aside on one occasion, but then reprimand another member for the same thing" I cannot be a part of a group that will not treat every member with fairness and respect"not to mention a group that chastises people for being true to their characters. That being said, I have had my threads moved to the Sweet Crusades folder and I will put up a closing to the Bristle Crios Nurses Office when I find the time. I would also like to point out, that I harbor no bad feelings for the members of Bristle Crios, and I am sorry for any grief this has caused. I treasure the time I shared playing with you all.

Please remove Martyr, Max, and Emlen from the member list. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Val

Date: 2013-05-10 04:40 EST
I too would like to request an immediate removal of Val from the memberlist. It is unfortunate, and though I was not an active member of the community, I did enjoy the company of everyone involved.

Farewell.

Katan

Date: 2013-05-10 04:53 EST
Please remove Katan from the memberlist as well. He goes where Martyr goes.

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-05-10 05:43 EST
Per public requests, the names have been removed from the Member List.

Per private requests, the threads have been moved to the folder that was requested.

On behalf of Bristle Crios, I sincerely wish you all the best of luck on your future endeavors.

Arthour

Date: 2013-05-10 11:35 EST
I am...Very disappointed to hear this.

I won't say anything further on the subject publically. As a note; I would expect any private comments on this with myself to remain as such. Private.

An up note however,

- Snow Moon will now be made for the GMT time zone!

So many events take place for an American time zone during the winter season and it is only fair that something be done for the GMT to get in on the fun. -

GMT time zoned event' Yay!!! XD That's great to hear Miranda, I am Soooo looking forward to it!! I hate leaving early at events because I have to get sleep :D

H.K.

Date: 2013-05-11 13:19 EST
We do what we believe is right.

The Charge Of The Light Brigade

by Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Memorializing Events in the Battle of Balaclava, October 25, 1854 Written 1854

Half a league half a league, Half a league onward, All in the valley of Death Rode the six hundred: 'Forward, the Light Brigade! Charge for the guns' he said: Into the valley of Death Rode the six hundred.

'Forward, the Light Brigade!' Was there a man dismay'd " Not tho' the soldier knew Some one had blunder'd: Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do & die, Into the valley of Death Rode the six hundred.

Cannon to right of them, Cannon to left of them, Cannon in front of them Volley'd & thunder'd; Storm'd at with shot and shell, Boldly they rode and well, Into the jaws of Death, Into the mouth of Hell Rode the six hundred.

Flash'd all their sabres bare, Flash'd as they turn'd in air Sabring the gunners there, Charging an army while All the world wonder'd: Plunged in the battery-smoke Right thro' the line they broke; Cossack & Russian Reel'd from the sabre-stroke, Shatter'd & sunder'd. Then they rode back, but not Not the six hundred.

Cannon to right of them, Cannon to left of them, Cannon behind them Volley'd and thunder'd; Storm'd at with shot and shell, While horse & hero fell, They that had fought so well Came thro' the jaws of Death, Back from the mouth of Hell, All that was left of them, Left of six hundred.

When can their glory fade" O the wild charge they made! All the world wonder'd. Honour the charge they made! Honour the Light Brigade, Noble six hundred!

Text taken from this website.

Arthour

Date: 2013-05-11 13:37 EST
A very interesting way of putting HK.....Very interesting

Now, give up the Lupe. :D

And since your there!

Spock: "Ahh, Mr. Scott, I understand you're having difficulty with the warp drive. How much time do you require for repair?"

Give me the next line. :D

H.K.

Date: 2013-05-11 13:42 EST
The Lupe belongs to me and my house. Don't make me grav well you and your mages!

Scotty: There's nothing wrong with the bloody thing!

Arthour

Date: 2013-05-11 13:43 EST
Miranda would never allow such a thing! Try it and I'll....I'll think of something!

Spock: "Mr. Scott, if we return to space dock, the assassins will surely find a way to dispose of their incriminating footwear, and we will never see the captain, or Dr. McCoy, alive again."

H.K.

Date: 2013-05-11 13:49 EST
My dear colleague. I have another quote you may wish to consider before you continue this battle.

Dr. McCoy: In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all that, and perhaps more...only one of each of us.

Now in answer to your last Spock quote.

Scotty: Could take weeks, sir!

Arthour

Date: 2013-05-11 13:54 EST
Ahh, McCoy, gotta love him.

"Excuse me" Excuse me. I'd just like to ask a question' What does God need with a starship?" -James Kirk, Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

H.K.

Date: 2013-05-11 13:59 EST
You are still eyeing my Lupe...so I leave you with this

Quark: It's good to want things. Odo: Even things you can't have" Quark: Especially things you can't have.

-Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, "The Passenger?

DS9...my favorite of the series.

Arthour

Date: 2013-05-11 14:06 EST
I have something you don't. I have a Ley Line Witch. She's awesome :)

The Doctor: "As appealing as that sounds, I'm a doctor, not a dragonslayer."

I like DS9, Voyager more so however

H.K.

Date: 2013-05-11 14:16 EST
I like Voyager, but where else can you get things like...

Our gods are dead. Ancient Klingon warriors slew them a millenia ago. They were...more trouble than they were worth. -Worf, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, "Homefront' (And no, I don't know why it is one millennia...)

Or let's not forget...

Money is money, but women...are better. -Nog (a Ferengi), Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, "Life Support?

The Avatar of Darkness

Date: 2013-05-14 00:38 EST
Hello, Hello! Avatar of Darkness here!

Yus, I have graced your presences! ...For better or for worse. I've come to clear up a few things regarding the storyline and my involvement in that exceedingly lame Playable posting. I've some amends to make and some gushing to do, so without further ado, let's get to me explaining myself!

I'm aware of the tensions that resulted from the oddly and incorrectly posted targeting. My intent was never to end the fun of the organization or make those in it inherently uncomfortable. In fact, I love the setting and those in it. I've already made strides toward mending that wound I unwittingly inflicted upon the group. What it amounted to was my misinterpretation of a suggestion given to me by Miranda and Fiona in tandem with my misinformation regarding how Playables worked. I was under the impression that they both wanted this to go through as a storyline, but as I was mistaken, it appeared what they wanted was still more knowledge over the whole of the S/L before it when public. Heck, I really should have visited this page a lot more. I KNOW I'll do so in the future before I consider doing anything like that again.

Naturally, players who experience the calm, peaceful atmosphere that Crios brings must have felt unnerved, distressed, or even insulted. Such was my error, and it is one I hope to correct as there was apparently such an incident in the past that I've been made aware of. I, IN NO WAY, wish to repeat such a debacle through unprofessional means. Thus, we come to the next point I'd like to make in response. The 'powergaming' is an integral part of the roleplay. ICly, the character has motives relating to his detest of immortals and high-powered individuals that he feels are currently oppressing the world and leading in it a way he feels wholly against. So, he figures taking the tyrannical approach of upheaval is the quickest means of exacting his ultimate goals, which would be revealed as the plot went along and progressed. The whole point is to shake the unrealistic confidence in the abilities of those who currently think highly of themselves.

However, this does not mean I seek to destroy anything by the end of this. I merely wished to provide a way for the lot of you who are interested to band together against a common major threat for the sake of the world your characters live in. Powergaming is there only to such a point that you wouldn't necessarily be able to defeat him on your own without assistance. The assistance of the whole of Crios" That's pretty heady stuff. The characters even I have gathered wouldn't necessarily be able to take down a mighty force like that. Of course, a villain that isn't potent above others in some way isn't particularly threatening, is he" Such is why the disclaimer is there.

Now, no one in particular is to be targeted by this assault, as I had envisioned the first battle to take place in the forest protecting the place. Subsequent battles would take place away from the safety of Crios in order to keep up that feeling of safety that I'm sure everyone here enjoys. I respect this place and many of the people inhabiting it due to how much fun it is to play with the people I have encountered in Live-Roleplay. To those of you who felt threatened on an OOC level, do not fret. Your characters would NOT be harmed unless you 1. showed interest in participating, 2. provided to me a wish for your character to be killed or otherwise harmed during the whole of the campaign, and 3. gave me a good, plausible reason to do so. Again, this is only for those interested in the conflict as it is. I know several here who would vouch for me on this one, I'm sure.

If there is something else you need clarification on, please do reply. I rather enjoy receiving new insight on my storytelling. Mind you, this is the first and longest-running large development I've done on RDI. I hope for more to come in the future, as well.

Also, I have some questions to ask you all as penance for my sins, as it were.

This has been a heated topic of discussion between myself and the current moderators of Bristle Crios, so I wanted to ask the lot of you a few questions.

A. Would you like to be a part of it'

B. How do you feel about this character being a major antagonist to Bristle and the world of RhyDin"

C. What would you like to see in the story should it take off"

D. Have you any polite, constructive criticism to offer me that might better everyone's enjoyment'

I can post detailed information here if there are some of you who would like a more intricate rundown of what the plot entails, or I can send it to anyone interested I've the information from my conversations mostly saved elsewhere. Just say the word. ^^

Also, feel free to PM if you feel the need to be involved or have any personal questions for me. I can be reached through The Avatar of Darkness, The Avatar of Eternity, or my HUB account, The Hooded Seraph. Just drop me a line, and I'll see what I can do for you.

With all this, I hope you can accept my humblest apologies about the Playable and we can work this story out so it can still be fun for the people that might still want to participate.

Sincerely, The Avatar of Darkness....The Avatar of Hatred....The Avatar of Eternity, The Hooded Seraph....You know who I am. :D

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-05-14 15:51 EST
To follow up with Art and H.K.'s quote war and to join in the fun yourself, be sure to check out Arthour's "Funny Quotes" OOC thread at: http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php"t=25542

For those wishing to read more and comment on the The Avatar of Darkness's SL, please see the discussion at: http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php"t=25568

Thank you so much to everyone who has already commented on their concerns for the The Avatar of Darkness SL and we welcome more of your comments on the subject. Those with characters affiliated with Bristle Crios, as well as those who do not, all have an equal voice here and we appreciate all comments regarding the matter. Every response is making an impact.

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-05-21 21:19 EST
To those of us who have lost a friend IC or OOC in Rhydin, I invite you to check out Jenai Ravenlock's thread "Rhy'Din Wishing Trees in Bloom".

Have your character write the name of someone lost to them IC on a yellow ribbon and loosely tie it to one of the many "Wishing Trees" so that so the wind can carry the ribbons to those souls.

Perfect for a missing loved one, a fallen friend, or anyone else who has touched you and your character but is no longer with us for one reason or another.

Playable with explanation: http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php"p=178353#178353

Dragon Tales thread to post: http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php"p=178352#178352

Also, be sure to check out the newest addition to Bristle Crios in "A New Child Enters the World"

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-05-22 15:37 EST
Hi all. May be a bit slow in many things lately. In nine more days I am being laid off from my job. So....yeah. Lots of stress going on right now kicking off other health problems to boot. I'll poke around and keep posts going when I can. Just, creativity is about as collected as sand in an hour glass.

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-05-22 17:44 EST
Sorry to hear that Ammy-Mun*hugs* Sure you'll find a new one soon enough, you're frigging awesome enough.

Also in news, prayers go to the poor man and family after in London he was horribly murdered today in public and broad daylight. RIP.

Finally with something to lighten the heart, Crowe and Eclipse officially has their second litter today (22/5/13): Boston and Dakota Thorns, two boys and picked by the wondrous Eclipse!

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-05-22 18:22 EST
Thank you for the hugs Crowe. I've been told that I am a very 'classy' person for the professional way I've handled all of this so far at work. They were all prepared for me to just storm out and do worse. Suppose it shocks people when you just sit in a chair, cry a little, agree to stay on till the last day and not leave everyone hanging and just pick yourself up from the dirt, mud and blood of being knocked down and get get back to the grinder.

I don't think 'classy' is the right word they should have used. 'Shock' , 'shell shocked', 'false bravado' perhaps....I blather on. I will leave you all in peace today with a simple thought . . .

"If only roses were made of bacon, the people would stop to sniff them more often."

Arthour

Date: 2013-05-23 14:00 EST
::Hugs:: I like bacon.

Storm Ravenlock

Date: 2013-05-23 16:50 EST
Professionalism which will only reflect better on you.

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-05-29 23:31 EST
Here's wishing good luck to the six Gubernatorial candidates for 2013:

Brian Ravenlock Deathlord Jesse O'Neill Khoom Helston Matthew Simon Kathryn 'Katt' Batten Rekah Illyriana Silverblades

Brian Ravenlock is a good friend of many of our Bristle Crios members and leaders.

Deathlord Jesse O'Neill is an instructor at the Academy of Bristle Crios, and a member of Demon House.

Matthew Simon is a guest lecturer for unarmed fighting and dueling the Academy of Bristle Crios.

Blood Sister

Date: 2013-06-01 03:03 EST
New Academy Classes

Check out the new classes offered within the passed three months.

Introduction to Zoology and Intermediate Zoology, classes focusing on animal biology, taught by Eregor. Introduction to Botany and Intermediate Botany, classes focusing on plant biology, taught by Eregor. General Literary Analysis and Interpretation, focusing on the discussion of literary works, taught by Ripper. Dark Art Defense, Necromancy, and Broom Flying, classes focusing on their prospective topics, taught by Deathlord Jesse. Going Green with Veggies, focusing on green vegetables, taught by Chef Corey Ander and Sous Chef Brock Lee. The Root of All Vegetables, focusing on root vegetables, taught by Chef Bess Eaton and Sous Chef Anna Recksick. How To Handle Your Meat, focusing on various forms of meat, taught by Chef Brett Wereste and Sous Chef Hoyt Dug. Just Desserts, focusing on various types of desserts, taught by Chef Sue Flay and Sous Chef Ginger Snapp.

I want to use this opportunity to invite our Academy staff to continue posting your class descriptions for new class ideas you've been considering, or those you've been putting off. The great detail everyone provides in their class descriptions is amazing!

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-06-03 21:42 EST
Public Service Announcement

After reading several playables that reply to other playables, either by offering aid or by offering a response in any way, I think this needs to be said again?

"Please do not post a new Playable as a reply to a previously posted Playable in the Playables folder. Doing this turns the Playable into an ongoing storyline and the Playables folder is NOT the place for storylines. Instead you need to post your reply (you can include a link to the Playable if you like) in one of the three general folders provided or if you have your own story folder you can post it there as those are the places for ongoing stories to be told." Read the rest of the Playable Rules at Important Things to Know about Playables.

Please tell others about this rule. It is apparently not being said enough.

Read other people's perspectives and join the discussion at Playables and Creativity by PrlUnicorn and Anatomy of a Playable by Faerie on Dragon's Mark. Feel free to leave your comments here as well.

NightRunner

Date: 2013-06-07 20:40 EST
Is this frightening that some months ago I decided to dabble into pony and do a ponified Renne" (Might I join the madness")

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-06-08 00:50 EST
Is this frightening that some months ago I decided to dabble into pony and do a ponified Renne" (Might I join the madness") I hear there is a bit of that going around. Come join the fun! Here is my work in progress for My Little Fiona:

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y394/bristlecrios/Ponies/FiPony_zpse1afb9a3.png

My Little Renna

Date: 2013-06-08 05:34 EST
Hiiiii everypony! Come join the madness.

A big Celestial-thanks to Arthour, Enigma/Avatar of Darkness, Shilo and Crowe for yesterday's fiasco involving this very character! It was very amusing throughout the entire situation. Though a bigger thanks to Shilo for starting it, by running off with Renna in an attempt to hide her! Very comedic!

I enjoyed though, thrashing their asses as Pony-Renna.

That's right. Renna won even in pony form.

Blatantly she is 20% cooler in ten seconds flat than them.

Arthour

Date: 2013-06-08 07:24 EST
I call shenanigans! Arthour didn't fight Renna-pony!!! ::Pouts::

I demand a rematch!!!

My Little Renna

Date: 2013-06-08 07:30 EST
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3n71p7RJP1r3856io1_500.jpg

Arthour

Date: 2013-06-08 07:32 EST
Me, you.

Live chat.

I'ma gonna......Laugh at Renna in pony form again....

It's just....SO FUNNY. XD I quite liked the part last night where Shilo pounced Art.....

Awww, heck....Art got pounced!!! Damn, when Icer hears of this....

Arthour

Date: 2013-06-09 06:39 EST
::Looks for something in the OOC thread, goes back a page or two and find...This...On page 20::

Is this frightening that some months ago I decided to dabble into pony and do a ponified Renne" (Might I join the madness") I hear there is a bit of that going around. Come join the fun! Here is my work in progress for My Little Fiona:

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y394/bristlecrios/Ponies/FiPony_zpse1afb9a3.png

O.O

........ ........... ...............

How....Did I miss this?

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-06-09 07:35 EST
HAH XD No way is Crowe gonna be ponified lol :D Oh and in RL news I'm back on the rugby pitch after breaking my finger! Smashed the other team! ;)

Icer1978

Date: 2013-06-09 22:25 EST
Wait, Art was pounced?! Congrats Crowe, and our neighbors all know our house as the kitten house.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/249190_366404170138407_1685655270_n.jpg

My little fuzzies.

Arthour

Date: 2013-06-10 04:35 EST
Err....No! No not at all....Honest....Really...THERE WERE NO WITNESSES.

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-06-10 11:18 EST
Would be a very scared Lupe to try ponifying Ammy. She might end up too cute! Though....now I am tempted to draw her as a pony, hehe.

This Dark One

Date: 2013-06-10 12:04 EST
A ponified Anthro' I imagine they would resemble Fluffle Puff

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/003/1/a/fluffle_puff_by_mixermike622-d4l5y4r.png

Icer1978

Date: 2013-06-10 13:37 EST
Its so pink and fluffy..

Arthour

Date: 2013-06-10 18:46 EST
Ohh.....My.......Goodness.....

Sooooooooooooo Fffffflllllluuuuuuuuuyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

Marshall

Date: 2013-06-11 15:47 EST
Rennnnaaaa. I got a new computer, but I haven't forgotten. Soon, we will make the Dev Pony and the Renna pony speak. Although, a slightly murderous pony angel wins, end of story :p

This Dark One

Date: 2013-06-11 16:53 EST
Yey! Welcome back Marshy-mun!

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-06-12 17:02 EST
Soooooooo, I made my FIRST event for Monday! A lovely little Barebcue that can be a nice aftermath recovery for hungover dads on Father's Day! Hope us enjoy and if ya wanna contribute or help, message moi!

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-06-17 22:51 EST
Fun Stuff Around the Forums

Want to expand on your writing skills" Try writing a short story with a prompt. Check out the Ne Plus Ultra Prompt Library and post the stories of your alts, or new characters in their Rhimes of Rhydin thread. Or check out the Diggity Dig Incorporated Story Prompts and write your story there. Latest prompt' Hamsters!

Get involved! If you're looking to help on a project, check out Lady Aja Bird's Zoo Project. If your character has a specialty, they may be able to help out. How about a quick game" Check out the Slap The Keyboard game at Jello H.Q. to test your keyboard and creative skills.

Want your voice heard" Check out Rhydin Rewind. Call Harris and Seirichi and leave your questions and comments for their radio show. Want something more out of this world" Molly Bot and her robot friends are starting their own Droid Diary. Check it out and leave your comments. While you're there, pick up a coupon and head over to the SEB to get 20% off a tattoo designed by Molly Bot.

How about some of the new fun threads in BC" Leave a special quote at Arthour's Funny Quotes thread. Make a game of it and leave a challenging quote for all to identify, or test out your own quote recall skills by guessing someone else's! Be sure to check out My Little Renna's new My Little Pony thread and jump on the pony bandwagon.

Know of another fun thread around RDI" Tell us about it here!

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-06-18 09:21 EST
Thank you!!!

That is towards all the people were managed to attend Crowe's Barbecue at the Marketplace yesterday! We had a great turn out of people, some good laughs and mingling before we cracked open with the events. A hotdog competition, sick, a rouge hog, firework dragons and a sword in someone's pants! So Real Steel has officially been reopened, providing the deadly tools for the right customer! :D

Arthour

Date: 2013-06-18 09:55 EST
Awesome, that's great to hear, Crowe! :D

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-06-18 22:17 EST
Hello to all. I wouldn't know if an OCC thread I started will lead to fun or disaster but if any BC members enjoy table top games and what to share ideas, experiences or more check out a new OCC at Ammy's shop, the Alchemist's Fire!

Tales from the D20 (or preferred dice system!)

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-06-19 00:25 EST
I'm so psyched to say?

Congratulations on 2000 posts, Bristle Crios!

We hit 1000 posts in December 2012, and made it to 1500 posts in March 2013.

We continue to earn these amazing accomplishments!

Thank you to every member, guest, and friend who posted and made this milestone possible!

Arthour

Date: 2013-06-19 04:56 EST
YAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!..............

::Ahem:: I mean.....Thats awesome! XD

Miranda Branson

Date: 2013-06-20 23:47 EST
Johnny Storm made a playable asking for volunteers for different fire brigades in Rhydin. Click here to view playable

Since Bristle Crios is outside of the city and in a forested area the threat of forest fires during the summer months is higher. Currently there is no forest fire brigade to help with this issue. Would anyone like to volunteer to be part of a group like this or any fire brigade in Rhydin"

If so please pm myself, Fiona O'Neill or respond here for a forest fire brigade. If there is enough interest a setting will be created including a building or firehouse, equipment and even an emblem for the brigade.

If you wish to be part of a current fire brigade please pm Johnny Storm.

Arthour

Date: 2013-06-21 10:10 EST
::Waves a hand:: Art's a fire mage, so it's a synch he'd be on the fire brigade!! :D

....That.....Or he'd be a fire starter.......Or both!! XD Na, he's a good guy! :)

Yasmin

Date: 2013-06-21 13:03 EST
OMG! OMG!! OMG!!!

Guys, did you know that the Rose Moon on Sunday is going to be a Supermoon!"!

I know what you are thinking, and no, I'm not making that up.

Apparently, it's going to be the largest full moon of the year. When the moon is at its closest point to earth, it is considered a perigee moon. But this moon is special because it happens at the same time of the full moon. Read more about it here.

It's almost like you guys planned this all along...

Yas is gonna tell everyone Bristle Crios is having a Superman Moon. That's close enough, right"

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-06-25 00:38 EST
This Playable fell from the main page, but I thought it needed more attention:

Check out The Great RhyDin Quilt!

See everyone else's quilt square, or contribute with your own personalized square.

On your quilt square, include anything special to your character regarding their life in Rhydin. Their home. Their family. Their friends. Their workplace. Anything important to your character. There is even a tent set up to help you build your quilt square!

PM Koyliak with any questions.

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-06-25 12:36 EST
Definitely worthy of more attention...

Congratulations to Rhydin's new Governor, Rekah Illyriana Silverblades!

Ms. Silverblades earned 55% of the votes.

See the Official Announcement for more details.

Kruger

Date: 2013-06-26 00:14 EST
So...I have a game that you might enjoy. Right Here

Please feel free to jump in and make as big a fool of yourself as I do.

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-06-29 19:17 EST
For those who wanted to wait to get involved in Kruger's OOC Word Game, you are missing all the fun. Check out what is being created in this Interactive Poem and join in!

Suspended above a sea of unrest, The mighty knight selects his test.

Choosing his hostile target below A beast, which cannot be struck down in one blow.

Red of eye, feral of mind, he come from the sea blind... He'd travelled far but never had he seen its kind.

Knowing that it was his fate he met the beast at seaside gate. He prayed seeing the beasts massive state.

A simple sword and shield t'was all on him. The painful beating of his heart could not his spirit dim.

"Forward!" Cried a mighty voice and sword did move to hew. Strike by strike and blow by blow, the horrendous creature grew"

Read more here and make this a masterpiece.

Serine Delin

Date: 2013-07-02 14:54 EST
Congratulations, everyone. We've made it halfway through the year. 182 days are behind us and 182 days are ahead of us. I suppose if I had posted this several hours earlier it would have been exactly half for my timezone, but I'm sure I'm still spot on in someone's!

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-07-04 16:39 EST
(A simple collection of thoughts on today's holiday in the United States of America.)

The 4th of July, time of fireworks, family reunions, eating too much again and drinking. That's kind of the stereotypical face of the holiday presented to many. The hidden face of this holiday could be the remembrance of winning a countries freedom from a king that ruled in England. Perhaps a face of remembrance of fallen comrades or honoring the people fighting still, laying lives on the lines and listening to explosions that are far too real and far to close for comfort. Maybe this holiday wears another face often viewed by many who are calling our nation home and happy to have found a new home to get away from their histories of darkness.

To all of these faces of the 4th of July, fireworks and the sounds of explosions mean many things: Joy, delight, brilliant awe in the night sky, a 21 gun salute saying a final farewell, a sign that you got lucky and get to fight one more day for your country, the evocation of noise to drive off discord and evil spirits.

I hope that you all enjoy the 4th of July and all the faces the holiday can wear.

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-07-04 22:45 EST
Jewell Ravenlock's OOC Challenge

I read JewellRavenlock's post in the Dragon's Mark Forum entitled 'Setting Up an OOC Challenge' that hoped to encourage participation between players. I had to promote these wonderful ideas. Check out the discussion and leave an idea of your own! Hopefully, we can all work together to get this started soon.

Have your character interact with a character that was created within the last month. Try dueling. Either use one of your established characters or create a new one specifically to try out the duels. Read some stories on a board you've never read before and leave a positive comment in the OOC thread of that board. Pick a recent playable and play with it! Play in a shared setting you have never used before Greet someone new OOC in the room while you are playing

Discuss it here!

Arthour

Date: 2013-07-10 08:32 EST
::Throws a link at the OOC board. Then scurries off and hides::

http://arthour.deviantart.com/art/Art-s-Homeland-384331971

Serine Delin

Date: 2013-07-12 17:59 EST
Look, everyone! I'm famous!

H.K.

Date: 2013-07-14 05:32 EST

Congrats on the interview Serine.

Arthour

Date: 2013-07-14 07:07 EST

Congrats on the interview Serine.

Same, well done Serine XD

Serine Delin

Date: 2013-07-15 00:23 EST
Thank you both! :D

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-07-15 13:00 EST
Yes, congratulations Serine! :)

I wanted to inspire players with a few videos...

Every little bit matters. Pushing yourself just a little further can make all the difference in the world. "At 211 degrees, water is hot. At 212 degrees, it boils. And with boiling water comes steam. And steam can power a locomotive. So many times it is that one extra degree of effort, in business and in life, which separates the good from the great?" Watch the three minute 212 Degrees video to see the huge impact of a little.

You can miss a lot by missing a little. Sometimes everything comes down to attention to details. How good are you at spotting the small stuff" Watch the three minute Color Changing Card Trick video. Do you know how the trick was done? You'll find out at the end.

Serine Delin

Date: 2013-07-15 13:04 EST
It's so obvious. He swapped decks through use of a transporter.

Kruger

Date: 2013-07-15 18:38 EST
Transwhut' No, I believe that the cards are really sentient, and change of their own volition. He probably threatens them nightly with a pair of sharp scissors. I wouldn't be surprised if...*gasp* He used the jokers as examples of his depravity.

Arthour

Date: 2013-07-17 07:14 EST
Heeeyyyyy you guuuuyyyyyysssss!!!!!!

I was stalking my way through the DM forums, 'cos thats what I do, and I found something that might interest some of you:

A Role Playing Story Catalogue, what is this, I hear you cry out' Well, allow me to give you a brief explanation.

It is a place where links of stories that we have written, or are in the process of writing, can be posted. This helps get more readers, so it's sort of like the recommended reads thread.

However!

It's arranged by genre. Fantasy or Sci-Fi stories would go under their respective headings (or which ever fits best). The idea was implemented by JewellRavenlock and I personally find it quite interesting.

I advise everyone to check it out and if you have a story your writing or have written" Send a PM to JewellRavenlock with the subject reading as : Story Catalogue, along with the following: 1) Story Name 2) URL link 3) Author(s) 4) Catalogue Category 5) Short Description

If it's in catacombs...Post it anyway! It doesn't matter! XD Enjoy and make good use of this!

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-07-18 13:07 EST
:: Sneaks in a note hastily written by the fuzzy alchemist ::

I'm another year older! Woohoo! :: Mun dances around ::

H.K.

Date: 2013-07-18 18:32 EST
Yay!!! Happy Birthday Ammy...it sure is a good thing that Alchemy House doesn't have an age limit...not like that Mage House. I blame Art for that.

*innocent whistling*

Arthour

Date: 2013-07-19 08:09 EST
The age limit applies only to you, H.K :D

Happy Birthday Ammy, and remember! If you get bored of that silly alien and his fly, fly ship...We have a kitchen than makes cake on it's own.

With chocolate....In fact, it's all I can do to get Miranda to stop visiting for cake XD

H.K.

Date: 2013-07-19 16:59 EST
You mages, and your easy way out. What fun is there in a self making cake when you can design the android to make it for you? Getting your finest pointed drivers out and manually adjusting relays. Cake is for eating, chocolate is for those who lack a certain type of pleasure. That has never been a problem for those of us who work with our hands, and have a certain knowledge of where things are supposed to be. *knowing look sent Arts way* My woman, my ship and my place in the house are all I need to become. I will retire when I am old enough. :razz:

Arthour

Date: 2013-07-22 08:34 EST
H.K...The time of retirement came and you waved as it passed you by :)

Sulissurn

Date: 2013-07-22 08:51 EST
I just wanted to pop in and say that it's always really good to see large groups of people (Scath, Grangers and BC too) getting together to write SL's in a common setting.

Arthour

Date: 2013-07-27 08:20 EST
It's always fun playing in a group of people you know your character will fit into, usually because that means you'll get along with the people in that group too :) One of the main things I've found though on rdi, is that there's enough people that are different, even in the groups that attract people who's chars are of a certain genre, that you'll always find someone new to interact with :D

(Edit: You can call this part selfless self-advertising of the group if you really like, I don't mind!)

Thats one thing I love about BC, we've got it all XD Vampires, werewolves, humans, mages and more. There's even a minotaur if you look for him and a ley line witch ;)

Kruger

Date: 2013-07-27 09:27 EST
Some of us are mutts...the rest of you are just nuts. :razz:

Arthour

Date: 2013-07-27 10:24 EST
Some of us are mutts...the rest of you are just nuts. :razz:

::Holds his hand up:: I know I'm nuts, hell I have Art down as Crowe's adoptive brother! How nuts can I get?! XD

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-07-27 10:57 EST
You are not nuts my dear chap! You are MAD! :D Everyone related to the Mad Wolf is declared partially mad! :D

Arthour

Date: 2013-07-28 07:28 EST
::Snickers:: This is true. Very true XD ::Throws a pillow at Serine, assuming she'll appear shortly after::

Serine Delin

Date: 2013-07-28 19:30 EST
That Old English Magic is popping up everywhere, it seems...

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-07-28 19:48 EST
(Edit: You can call this part selfless self-advertising of the group if you really like, I don't mind!)

Thats one thing I love about BC, we've got it all XD Vampires, werewolves, humans, mages and more. There's even a minotaur if you look for him and a ley line witch

I love the BC love! ::is choosing to ignore the name calling and pillow fighting::

Speaking of shamelessly plugging BC....I want to shamelessly promote a BC member, because BC is only as good as its members"

Bristle Crios's Renna the Betrayer gave an interview on Mutual Endeavors! Check out the interview below.

http://www.mutualendeavors.org/forums/index.php/page,renna.html

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-07-28 19:59 EST
Congratulations to Rhiannon and Eregor!

I also wanted to bring special notice to all of the hard work by Colleen MacLeod-Fenner for hosting such a lovely event for Rhiannon and Eregor's Wedding.

The Ceremony and Reception Setting was absolutely stunning. From decorated bridges and archways, to land and sea transportation, everything was well thought out and immaculate. Every detail of the reception setting was prepared, from the DJ booth to the gift table. The beautiful setting of Hatton Point was provided by LadyAjaBird.

I was already blown away by the appetizers, breads, and dips in the Menu, but I was astounded by the options for the main courses and sides. With the variety of food, drink, and desserts served, I think even the most picky of guests could have a delicious meal at this beautiful banquet.

The Reception Music was also perfect, with the newlywed couple's song as 'Paradise' by Styx.

Thank you to everyone who helped to create this prestigious event! The details did not go unnoticed.

Arthour

Date: 2013-07-29 11:30 EST

Thats one thing I love about BC, we've got it all XD Vampires, werewolves, humans, mages and more. There's even a minotaur if you look for him and a ley line witch

I love the BC love! ::is choosing to ignore the name calling and pillow fighting::

Speaking of shamelessly plugging BC....I want to shamelessly promote a BC member, because BC is only as good as its members"

Bristle Crios's Renna the Betrayer gave an interview on Mutual Endeavors! Check out the interview below.

http://www.mutualendeavors.org/forums/index.php/page,renna.html

XD I'm just being evil with ma evil magic. ::Throws another pillow at Serine:: Gooo to sleeeeeppp....:D

I Has read Renna and Serine's Mutual Endeavors post I liked them XD

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-07-29 12:07 EST
I love those interviews and it gives an interesting perspective on their past! :D I never even knew Renna-Mun hated the character's personality and evilness she wanted her to lose! Rooting for the good guys xD (Crowe still gets his arse kicked by her though!)I'd love to see some new people do an interview! :3

PrlUnicorn

Date: 2013-07-31 12:00 EST
Thank you, Fiona! Your post is very much appreciated. :)

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-08-06 00:51 EST
Role Playing Story Catalogue

The Role Playing Story Catalogue was started by Jewell Ravenlock on the Dragon's Mark Forum.

Players are able to contribute their stories to categories including Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Modern, Sci-Fi, Preternatural, Romance, Political, Horror, Action/Adventure, Comedy, Domestic, Mature Themes, and Origins. Some categories do not have a thread yet because players need to submit more stories.

To submit a story from one of your characters, Private Message Jewell Ravenlock with the Story Name, the Link, the Author(s), the Catalogue Category in which you like the story included, and a Short Description about the story.

Submit and show off your work!

Blood Sister

Date: 2013-08-11 21:12 EST
I would like to welcome the newest student, Waya, to the Academy of Bristle Crios. Waya would like to focus in military technology, firearms, muscle-powered ranged weapons, melee weapons, hand-to-hand melee, and English.

I also want to take this opportunity to encourage our other Academy students. Dahlia Grenouille is interested in Western Art and Oil Painting. Renne Arc"rr would like to learn about Eternal Souls and English language refinement. Lesinda "Les" Acloth is interested in learning more about fire magic. Xin would like to learn more about fire magic, mental-based magics, enchantments, transmutation alchemy, body-focused magic, and gate magics.

If anyone would like to help any of these students in their studies, please contact them. You do not have to be a part of the Academy, or a part of Bristle Crios. We encourage a supportive, open community of playing. If you would like to help them through official Academy means, please submit an application.

Read more about the setting of The Academy of Bristle Crios and what we have to offer. See the list of Academy Instructors and what they teach. Read the instructors' Class Syllabi to learn more about the specific classes offered at the Academy. Join the Academy as a staff or student by submitting an Academy Application. If you have any questions, feel free to ask myself.

Arthour

Date: 2013-08-16 03:21 EST
BIG NEWS EVERYONE!!!

I just got an Email from my University. To quote said Email,

" Hello Congratulations on your results! You now have an unconditional offer at UWE and you can see your updated status on your Welcome website and on UCAS Track. Please note that on Thursday 15th August you will be able to access your Welcome website from 07:00 and UCAS Track from 08:00. There is no need to call if you are looking to confirm whether you have a place with us so all you need to do now is start thinking about preparing for your course ? after some well-deserved celebrating of course. "

tr;dr:

I'M GOING TO UNIVERSITY. XD

To clarify, This Does NOT Mean I will Quit RDI. Just that I won't be on as often.

I repeat, I will CONTINUE to play RDI with all you wonderful, imaginative people. Just not as much as I would like. XD

::Dances and is much excited::

Second Chances

Date: 2013-08-16 10:16 EST
Hi everyone!

Art, that is absolutely amazing to hear! I'm happy for you! You're better off than I am. I don't think any university would considered me with my craptastic High school grades. That's why I've started with Community College. >>

Speaking of which....I start my classes next week. 8D I'm kinda excited. I'm taking a couple of my art classes that I need, along with my English, and public speaking classes.

I'm also a bit excited, because I've opened myself up for commissions, and all, on Deviant Art. If anyone's interested, you can find all the info needed here. I also posted to let you guys know I'm still alive and kicking. I really miss being able to play a bunch.

-Kas

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-08-16 10:30 EST
Happy to see all you looking forward to school unlike myself D: I'll be starting my sixth-form soon ad I know it's going to be the hardest year XD Time on RDI will be cut short but don't miss me much! I've got some weeks before that though and... *Pokes Nikia* I'll try and RP with you soon ;)

Miranda Branson

Date: 2013-08-16 11:34 EST
Congratulations Art!!! That is wonderful news and to all of us going back to school and working hard, I wish us the best of luck.

Second Chances

Date: 2013-08-16 11:36 EST
Pfttt. Crowe, I hope so. Nikia needs to get a little crazier.

And thanks Miranda! :D

Arthour

Date: 2013-08-17 04:18 EST
XD Thank you and best of luck to everyone else!!

Nikia....I don't think she's ready for Crowe level craziness....That wolf be insane yo!

Also:

I'm looking forward to another instalment of 'Rescue in the Ruins'!!

Kruger

Date: 2013-08-17 16:02 EST
I'd say congratulations, but yo keep throwing rocks at my forge. When will you learn that it can't fall unless I will it so :razz: Still quite an accomplishment. Now I hope they allow pets or you will never be able to take dragon form again. Muahaha Art has been Krugified.

Arthour

Date: 2013-08-17 16:34 EST
lol XD Thank you! And that brick was a present!!

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-08-17 17:23 EST
Now ladies, gents and freakish creatures of the night! I will be gone till Wednesday since I'll be invading London so I won't be on till late Wednesday GMT time D: Hope you can go on without me and I'll still be able to access site, just not live RP! Now, have a good day! -Throws bacon to everyone-

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-08-23 07:09 EST
Putting the Spotlight on Ammy...

Alchemy House's own Ammy Spiritor just completed a Mutual Endeavors: 5 Question Interview!

Ammy Spiritor's interview was featured on August 22nd.

The interview for Renna The Betrayer was featured on July 25th.

Serine Delin's interview was featured on July 11th.

Be sure to check out all of the interviews here!

Arthour

Date: 2013-08-23 19:00 EST
Awesome!

Arthour

Date: 2013-08-29 15:06 EST
Today, is kind of a special day, for me.

Over 12 months ago, I was looking for a Random Name Generator for a story I was writing at the time. August 29th 2012, I plucked up the courage and hit 'Register' on a website called Dragon's Mark.

It's been one year since I started playing and I hope to carrying on playing for a few more yet XD

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-08-29 20:10 EST
Today, is kind of a special day, for me.

Over 12 months ago, I was looking for a Random Name Generator for a story I was writing at the time. August 29th 2012, I plucked up the courage and hit 'Register' on a website called Dragon's Mark.

It's been one year since I started playing and I hope to carrying on playing for a few more yet XD Is a 'happy birthday' in order, or a 'happy anniversary'?

Either way, we are happy to have you and hope for many more years to come!

And also....Congratulations on 300 posts for Art!

Serine Delin

Date: 2013-08-29 20:11 EST
I'll go with happy birthday. So, happy birthday!

Arthour

Date: 2013-08-30 05:42 EST
::Snickers:: Thank you!

::Blinks:: 300...I didn't notice!! Thank you XD

Arthour

Date: 2013-09-06 08:12 EST
::Waves:: Hi Everyone!

I can has new laptop now. I'm getting it through a Catalogue which means I'm only going to be paying, like, "20s a month which is good :D

Also; And this is Important.

I'm going to be going to University next week. With the new laptop, I'll have the ability to actually USE wifi now, rather than keep my laptop plugged in via an ethernet cable.

However; I am going to be at University, the first week and so is going to be hectic for me, I'm moving to the other side of the country (I live in Essex, which is just north-east of London, Bristol is pretty much on the west coast, thats ~120+ Miles) so my activity both in chat and on the forums will be RESTRICTED.

Does this mean I'll stop playing" HELL NO. I love RDI and playing with the people I've come to think of as friends. I just need to focus on academia pursuits more. So, if you have it, never feel like you can't say hi to me on AIM/YIM or drop me a PM here, or even a message in the thread :) I'll do my best to get back to you in short order!

Serine Delin

Date: 2013-09-16 01:57 EST
Good luck Art. I hope you are settling in well!

Arthour

Date: 2013-09-17 12:10 EST
Everything seems to be going really well XD Just struggling with Finances right now. I was meant to get it on the 16th like many people, but the University has to confirm my attendance and then tell Student Finance, the branch of the Government that handles these things. Unfortunately, the Uni had a problem with their system, so I is with out funds until the end of this week.

After that though, I get like, ?3k+ XD

Also;

Nikia.....YOU CAN HAS ALL MINE LOVE FOR THE PICTURE. AND COOKIES. LOTS OF COOKIES.

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-09-20 01:02 EST
Warrior House's Aristotle Kruger Allen completed a 5 Question Interview with Mutual Endeavors! But he's not the only one.

The interview with Kruger was featured on September 19th. Ammy Spiritor's interview was featured on August 22nd. The interview with Renna The Betrayer was featured on July 25th. Serine Delin's interview was featured on July 11th.

Be sure to check out all of the interviews here!

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-09-21 15:08 EST
An update on the Alchemist Lupinossai, or at least on her mun playing her. I'll be meeting with someone today about a huge set of paying commissions for my art talents. I'll be illustrating a children's story book with at least 15 illustrations and doing album art for 5-8 music albums. I hope it will go well. Could use the finances for bills.

In other news, our water line to the house has a major leak and has flooded some of my room. So for the last few days and still on going, I am moving all of my things into my new room, the former guest room. So, lots of things are in a tumble and mess as I am sorting things out. So if I am slow on posting things, this is why.

Have a wonderful day, all of you out there.

Arthour

Date: 2013-09-22 10:13 EST
Oh wow!! Thats amazing Ammy-mun XD Good luck with that, I really hope it goes through! ::Touches wood, just in case:: I hope that water leak stops as well. Thats never good

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-09-22 10:37 EST
Good on ya Ammy! Ya'll be able to handle all the love of your work I'm sure! ;) Also, I'm curious to know how you get these interviews from this website, it'd be fascinating to show a young guns view ^^ Hopr Uni is good for ya Art, my sixth form is bearable so far xD people think I'm insane for my subject choices but frankly I'm mad! :D

Arthour

Date: 2013-09-23 06:32 EST
Well......You are insane. Their just picking up on that XD

Serine Delin

Date: 2013-09-23 16:01 EST
I worked with Noira recently on her playable, The Dig....I had a fantastic time working with her and I think it turned out well. I hope you all will agree!

I encourage anyone interested in getting involved to contact Noira. I think she might be winding it down but it certainly doesn't hurt to ask and show interest, or to just drop her a compliment if you enjoyed reading the thread!

Arthour

Date: 2013-09-23 18:38 EST
Noira's awesome

Noira

Date: 2013-09-24 08:49 EST
Thanks, you guys! I had a lot of fun with Serine's player. At this point (AUGH I need to do a catch-up post still!) Noira is in the process of winding down the excavation, but she does have a boat-load of artifacts from the dig, grumpy and suspicious and woefully underpaid workers, a portal she still has to activate, and "the cruel gods" only know what else she might run into! So if you're interested in participating, I'm sure we can work something out.

Will get with you, Arthour, re: his sigil soon.

Thanks again!

Arthour

Date: 2013-09-25 10:24 EST
I'll have something random prepared 5mins before we actually need it. ::Nods::

Yasmin

Date: 2013-10-02 14:58 EST
DJ Zazzy Yas is back and getting ready for Blood Moon! I was skimming the charts for hot rocking music. I found a few up-and-coming artists who I'm gonna put in the spotlight. Check them out below.

Replay by Zendaya at http://www.youtube.com/watch"v=cyLE48i4XY0 Miss Movin' On by Fifth Harmony at http://www.youtube.com/watch"v=9xRzXkho6Yw American Girl by Bonnie McKee at http://www.youtube.com/watch"v=-Uh6VZF0R5U Wasting All These Tears by Cassadee Pope at http://www.youtube.com/watch"v=EJZOeTnvq4k

I invite you to have a say in the songs I play. Send me a PM or post here with a few songs you are currently enjoying. I might just include them on my Blood Moon playlists, but I make no promises. Give me some fun music. No foul language. No hardcore rap. No heavy metal. No screamers. Got the picture? I'd love to hear from some fresh new faces, though.

This is open to everyone, whether you're a part of 'The BC' or not, whether you can attend Blood Moon or not.

Share your music with us! Please provide links!

Arthour

Date: 2013-10-03 11:41 EST
Yaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

H.K.

Date: 2013-10-06 01:03 EST
So, I am gonna be self serving and plug the website for the Legion of Destruction. I invite everyone to stop in and check out what we have to offer. This website is for my fleet in Star Trek Online. Joining the game is not a requirement if you wish to join the site and post your Science Fiction stories. The game is run by Perfect World and is completely Free to Play. A Fleet can aid you in many areas, from finding the best gear to the best way to skill your character. We also run a Team Speak 3 server so that we can talk as we run missions. There is no skill level we won't welcome. PM me if you would like more information.

Arthour

Date: 2013-10-06 06:42 EST
Free to Play, yes, but if you want some of the really good gear/ships, you gotta pay most of the time....Still a great game though XD I'ma check your fleet out now, HK. I recently left mine, so I am in market!! :D

H.K.

Date: 2013-10-06 18:59 EST
I'm surprised no one told you in your fleet that you can gain dilithium in the game for free, then convert it to Zen and purchase from the store. Plenty of time for that though. LOL

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-10-06 19:14 EST
I'll take a look soon HK. I know Ammy in STO is always ready for a few fights. Hehe. Just very under the weather the last few days.

H.K.

Date: 2013-10-06 23:44 EST
No worries Ammy, I will look forward to seeing you when you find yourself able to be there.

Arthour

Date: 2013-10-07 17:26 EST
I'm surprised no one told you in your fleet that you can gain dilithium in the game for free, then convert it to Zen and purchase from the store. Plenty of time for that though. LOL

Bah, my fleet sucked.

::Hugs Ammy-mun:: Hope your feeling well soon!!

Kruger

Date: 2013-10-14 19:08 EST
Attention all potential duelists. I have decided to form a team for the upcoming IFL (Iron Fists League) team dueling season. If anyone is interested in participating, PM Kruger, The Anvil, or Dust Cameron.

Read More about the teams. Team Registration

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-10-15 18:35 EST
With everything going on with everyone, I'd love to point out fun ways to become involved on RDI, ROH, DM, and the BC.

RDI: Add some product ideas for Ammy's Alchemist's Fire shop at http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php"p=185869

ROH: Root for Kruger's Iron Fists League team, The Rock Hards, at http://ifl.duelingzone.org/teams.php"t=22

DM: Answer the DevilishOne's questions about your RPing history at http://www.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php"t=4174

BC: Post your outfits for Blood Moon on Sunday, October 20th at http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php"t=26408 A big thanks to Matilda Estwick from Matilda's Bloomers for creating the beautiful floral pieces and d"cor for Blood Moon. If you would like to be involved in this or any BC event, please contact Miranda Branson or Fiona O'Neill. It's never too late to contribute.

DevilishOne

Date: 2013-10-22 23:37 EST
thank you for being so very kind.

^.^

Arthour

Date: 2013-10-25 20:54 EST
Fi likes posting awesome stuff up ;)

Mai Silverblood

Date: 2013-10-26 05:16 EST
Hey guys,

Sorry I couldt make it to another blood moon, but, as is with RL I had work....reaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyyy early on monday.

So, as of now, I would like to offer Mai's design and making skills as a prize for any further events.

————

okay thats done, how's ya'll? lol

Arthour

Date: 2013-10-26 10:31 EST
Maaaaaiiiiiiiii ::Snugs::

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-10-26 19:33 EST
So, as of now, I would like to offer Mai's design and making skills as a prize for any further events. I love this idea! We will definitely have to work something out.

I'm going to use this opportunity to invite not only Bristle Crios members but the entire Rhydin community to offer their services for future Bristle Crios events. In 2014, we hope to continue our three moon events tradition. Snow Moon will be sometime in February around the full moon, Rose Moon will be in June, and Blood Moon will be in October. If you would like to help contribute, please let one of the Bristle Crios moderators know. We'd love to work with you!

Revenge_is_Sweet

Date: 2013-11-09 07:56 EST
Okay folk, I need willing volunteers -Toothy grin- I am trying to put together a Glitteraty-Battle-Fashion show, and I have one person willing to take part, but! I need more.

PLEASE!!! it promises to be a fun time, since, it means bombing a partner or the crowds with a display of glitter magic, you can make it as big and as flashy and glitterery as you want ((I just made it up))

but please let me know, I would be so greatful, I have been trying for ages and been unsuccessful at recruiting people

it will take place in a thread, since Im not on at the same time as everyone else.

Mai Silverblood

Date: 2013-11-09 08:00 EST
Okay folk, I need willing volunteers -Toothy grin- I am trying to put together a Glitteraty-Battle-Fashion show, and I have one person willing to take part, but! I need more.

PLEASE!!! it promises to be a fun time, since, it means bombing a partner or the crowds with a display of glitter magic, you can make it as big and as flashy and glitterery as you want ((I just made it up))

but please let me know, I would be so greatful, I have been trying for ages and been unsuccessful at recruiting people

it will take place in a thread, since Im not on at the same time as everyone else.

((Revenge_is_sweet is also mine, and that character is also having an event, a masked ball, If your interested please let me know on either name and I will get you as much info as I can thanks))

Arthour

Date: 2013-11-21 09:12 EST
Somthing is seriously wrong with my laptop.

The wifi adaptor has decided there is no such thing as wifi. For some reason, it's doing the exact smae as my old one, demanding an ethernet connect, and I have no idea why it won't allow me to even try to make a new wifi connection.

In short, I have no idea when I'll be logging in regularly, either here, on AIM or YIM. I've sent emails to microsoft and ASUS so maybe I'll get help soon

Um....Well...I seem to have fixed it......Tirns out the Wifi Adaptor built into my laptop, disabled itself.....

Arthour

Date: 2013-11-26 09:17 EST
My wifi is in full, complete working order now :)

Also, It's been confirmed I have dyspraxia. This, I assure you, is a good thing.

For the last 12 or so of my 19years on this planet, my mum has *known*, despite what my primary school teachers said (that I was lazy, disruptive, ADHD or some kind of hyper activity disorder) I've finally gotten the confirmation, that yes, there is something wrong, there isn't much to counter it, but *is* something that can be done to help with my studies, yes, I am entitled to and will be offered the aid they can give, and yes. My day' IS FREAKING AWESOME.

It feels so good, after all this time, to finally have it *confirmed*, once and for all, something I've known, all along.

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-11-30 21:49 EST
Collaborative Efforts

Allow me to shamelessly promote the stories that our friends and members have been working on outside of the Bristle Crios forum.

Serine Delin had contributed to 'The Dig' in the Dragon Tales forum with Noira and Mendel. Serine also worked with Nightrunner on 'And Suffer the Little Children' in the Across the Sea of Stars forum.

In the Silverblood Bloodlines forum, Mai Silverblood has been involved in 'A Gift for Camellia' and 'Takin' Care of Business' while Arthour has been working on 'Arthour's Journal'.

Kruger has been working on 'Kruger's Exotic Weapons Armor and Leather' in his forum, Embers in the Dark, and has worked on 'Rhimes of Rhydin & Other Far Away Places' in Ne Plus Ultra. He has also been working on 'Confrontations' and 'Visitations' with Shai Vevea in her forum, Belglade.

Ammy Spiritor has most recently been working on 'Rubber, Wire and High Octane', 'Armory and More' and 'Old beginnings turned anew' in the The Alchemist's Fire forum, and 'Operation Blindfold' in the Den City forum.

Here's hoping for more collaborative efforts with other players and forums in the coming year!

If anyone would like their name or link removed, I would be happy to do so.

Arthour

Date: 2013-12-02 16:13 EST
Fi, how do you keep up with all the things we're up to?!

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-12-02 19:48 EST
Fi, how do you keep up with all the things we're up to"! I'm Fi. I see all...

and I'd like to see more! ;)

The Bristle Crios forum is currently less than 70 posts away from 2500! I invite everyone to get involved so we can hit our next posting milestone.

Here are some ways you can get involved:

Join in the OOC fun with Arthour's Fun Quotes and More thread. Personal quotes, tv and movie quotes, inspirational quotes, fun facts, and anything else are welcome here.

Participate IC with Bristle Crios's Charity Barrels. Rhydin business owners are invited to post with their intentions to leave a barrel in their business to collect donations. Everyone is encouraged to make a donation by posting images and descriptions of what your character donates.

Contribute to The Academy of Bristle Crios. Those wishing to join the school as a student or staff are invited to apply to the Bristle Crios Applications thread. Instructors are encouraged to participate by offering more classes by posting the class descriptions and Class Syllabi.

Members can add to the Bristle Crios Setting. Show us some pictures. Draw your own images. The more members contribute, the more the setting will come alive. Want to become a member to join the fun" Contact Miranda Branson or Fiona O?Neill.

Arthour

Date: 2013-12-08 07:40 EST
O_O......

Sounds legit. XD

I've just been reading through the OOC chatter here....Good lords, have I really been here long enough to contribute to the pre 20+ pages here" It feels like it hasn't been that long! :D

Also, uber thanks to Wanton Righteousness for throwing me the post; 'The Coming Storm : The Fire Mage's glimpse' Really looking forward to how The Coming Storm SL pans out/

And of course, how can I not mention 'A Finder's Game'" What trouble has Lesinda landed herself in, I wonder" XD Much thanks mr Sirrush-mun

Knight of The White Rose

Date: 2013-12-09 11:22 EST
Ah, noble Arturus (....are you asking why that particular nick" You should....*crafty plotting smile and wink*)...

The honor is mine, I assure you. :)

Although, you'll have to pay for forcing a relegation of Art/Knight combat into a sparring match (rather than initiating as a knock out brawl), which - I will point out - would have favored you, as I'm little in the way of combative.

Point to you, though, for causing me to feel the need to craft an actual out of character post. I'll be about the business of self flagellating now, as a ....what?s the word....oh, yes....Penance. ~.^

Much love to all y'all BC folks, since I'm already making ooc comments.

You've made my return all warm and mushy....kinda like....um....*furrows brow* ....sliding into a warm bowl of oatmeal..."

Allow me to leave you with that somewhat disturbing notion. lol <3

-Kris

Arthour

Date: 2013-12-09 16:47 EST
::Eyes Sirrush:: I got ma eye on you....XD

Knight of The White Rose

Date: 2013-12-10 13:17 EST
I have to apologize...

It was pointed out to me, that in my last ooc post I sounded a -touch- arrogant (add to the list, reasons why I don't talk ooc...).

I certainly did not intend to sound that way, much more....I was only joking around with Art-mun - cause I'm not sure if what I write makes him paranoid, but the idea of it (y'know, cause you're playing with Lu, so your skin should be toughened a bit to that, no") makes me grin. Cause....I'm a sadist, I guess"

Anon! I will endeavor to sound less full of myself. First off, I'm going to renege on my offer to Darcy (Awesome Incarnate-mun) to battle her in a pit full of jello for the right to use the A.I. SN., and not only that, but I will no longer be referring to myself as 'Awesome-mun', as if Awesome is my actual name, when my actual name is 'Gerard'.

Final note, I fear I have an addiction to making myself sound cocky when I'm really not; if someone could propose to me a term other than 'cockaholic' to describe this condition, it would be greatly appreciated. For some reason even my therapist snickers when I use the former term. *Perplexed look*

Regards, K

Arthour

Date: 2013-12-10 15:42 EST
::Dose some re-reading::

Ermm....I think I need someone to point out the arrogant part to me plz XD I don't sees it!

Oh, and anything that atone point or another involved Lulu, makes me paranoid, 'cos she's one of the 'Awesome Peoples' on RDI as far as I'm concerned, and I get paranoid when awesome peoples playing with me, cos it usally results in some really fun play. (Lulu. I can hear you going 'meh' from here. Stop it.) You however, dear Kaius-mun, have a knack of it all on your own ;) So dun worry, I wasn't offended or anything! (I still can't figure out where this arrogant part is....)

::Snickers::

Kruger

Date: 2013-12-10 20:00 EST
Uhm...K...just throwing this out there so you can see you are not alone. If I can live with the name Attention Whore...you will just have to suffer under Cockaholic.

D~the insanity behind Kruger.

Knight of The White Rose

Date: 2013-12-10 21:43 EST
...where to begin...

Well, as to the suggestion that I'm not alone....I can say that's a relief. I definitely feel....we're much closer, now. It's the kind of closeness that prohibits me from drinking anything while I write this, for fear of spitting all over the screen.

Secondly....*switches to John Madden, starts drawing imaginary circles in the air* See, we've got cocky over here, and then....-aholic, over there, you combine 'em and, I mean I mean I mean....Boom! You got a word that sounds and means something totally different than you intended.

There's egg on my face...

Though in a conversation concerning cockaholism, I suppose there could be worse.

-K

Kruger

Date: 2013-12-10 22:15 EST
I think perhaps this name issue can be solved by simply taking out my 'American Slang Thesaurus~by Krugermun'. I see from notes I just made in the margin, Cockaholic can be substituted with Rooster Lover...no that isn't quite right. Who the hell wrote this book anyway?

Wait...another note here...See Top Gun...I'm not sure if that is telling me to watch the movie or look it up in the book. Let me get back to you.

*looks around all innocent-like*

-D-

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-12-11 02:37 EST
I am going to interrupt to say...

Congratulations on 2500 Posts, Bristle Crios!

Miranda Branson

Date: 2013-12-11 23:11 EST
*Does a happy Snoopy dance*

This could not have been accomplished without each and everyone of you! An amazing achievement!

Arthour

Date: 2013-12-12 06:53 EST
:D Yaaaaaaayyyyy 2500!!!

Crowe Thorne

Date: 2013-12-12 11:37 EST
Woooooh! That's awesome! :D Almost as old as Art is then! ;)

Knightfall

Date: 2013-12-15 00:39 EST
So....the end of the year goal of 2500 has been met...

What's next'

And is there a bonus for hitting 3k before new year" Purely hypothetical.

And do we get a reward for 2500" An extra bowl of gruel for the typist monkeys"

We need a Freelance Roleplayers Writers Union (Local 159) to speak up for our rights....preferably with a leader who has some sort of Mafioso connection. La Cosa Nostra" The Family' The Company' ....No scratch that last one, blending.

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-12-15 03:30 EST

What's next'

We need a Freelance Roleplayers Writers Union (Local 159) to speak up for our rights....preferably with a leader who has some sort of Mafioso connection. La Cosa Nostra" The Family' The Company' ....No scratch that last one, blending. 2500 posts down, 2500 posts to go....

Next goal: 5000! Let's get on that, people.

Any attempts to unionize will be met with harsh punishment, and more posts. ;)

H.K.

Date: 2013-12-19 09:16 EST

What's next'

We need a Freelance Roleplayers Writers Union (Local 159) to speak up for our rights....preferably with a leader who has some sort of Mafioso connection. La Cosa Nostra" The Family' The Company' ....No scratch that last one, blending. 2500 posts down, 2500 posts to go....

Next goal: 5000! Let's get on that, people.

Any attempts to unionize will be met with harsh punishment, and more posts. ;)

The B.C. doesn't do piece work. This is not a democracy it is a dictatorship, no union necessary. Our leaders have only our best interests in mind when they say...."Get To Work! Less talking more writing! 5000 here we come!"

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-12-19 15:13 EST
2,500 is quite a feat. I think we can hit 5,000 easy in no time. Until then, in the forever classical words:

~The floggings shall continue until morale improves!~

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-12-19 20:27 EST
Get To Work! Less talking more writing! The floggings shall continue until morale improves! LOL! Yes! Floggings are a great idea. That will have to be added to the Bristle Crios 'inspiration techniques'.

Speaking of great ideas, check out Andu's idea for Rhy'din Net Hosting. Characters with businesses might benefit from a commercial website. Does your character have a lot to say' Let them start a blog! Or make a wiki to create your own explanations of things around Rhydin. The options are limitless. Is your character not a fan of high tech' Use a bit of magic to access the 'net' instead. Check out Ammy Spiritor's Magic Net and Aether Wear which utilizes a Crystal Core Seed Drive and other magical elements to use the internet.

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-12-24 14:37 EST
Happy Holidays to all out there!

Arthour

Date: 2013-12-24 15:03 EST
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-12-25 02:40 EST
On the twelfth day of Christmas in Rhydin, my true love gave to me" Twelve quilters quilting, Eleven ponies prancing, Ten time lords a-leaping, Nine ballerinas dancing, Eight IFL teams dueling, Seven warehouses burning, Six Candidates for Governor, Three Golden Rings of Honor, Four ghostly visitors, Three wedding cake tiers, Two sublimation alts, And a yellow ribbon on a Wishing Tree.

Happy Holidays to all!

Anastasia

Date: 2013-12-25 09:27 EST
Merry Christmas and happy holidays.

Knightfall

Date: 2013-12-25 13:57 EST
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays, may all your wishes come true - except for one (because you need something to look forward to - not sure where I appropriated that from but I'll let it stand).

Much love to all friends & family here~

Best regards, Kris Knight

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2013-12-29 15:54 EST
Seasons Greetings, Holiday Wishes, Happy Memories and Many Fond Times to come. Hope you all are doing well this season and do even better this coming year.

Fiona ONeill

Date: 2013-12-31 21:19 EST
Bristle Crios 2013: A Year in Review

Bristle Crios recently earned its 2500th post. Let's go back to the beginning to see how far we've come. Last year in 2012, we made 300 posts by March 1st, 500 posts by May 31st, and 1000 posts on December 29th. This year in 2013, we hit 1500 posts by March 7th, 2000 posts by June 19th, and 2500 posts on Dec 11th. Here's hoping we can stay that active. One way we keep putting ourselves out there is with events. Bristle Crios continued its annual full moon celebrations this year with Snow Moon on February 25th. Rose Moon became a Watchmen's Ball to honor members of the Watch on June 23rd. Blood Moon rounded out the three moon events on October 20th.

The Academy of Bristle Crios opened its doors on September 1st, 2012. The Academy had 25 staff members by the end of the 2012. Over a dozen more staff members applied in 2013. Almost twenty Official Classes were posted the first year the school was opened, and over a dozen more were added this year. The Academy did several events this year, too. The Winter Formal on was hosted on January 9th with a Fire and Ice theme while Prom featured the Enchantment Under the Sea theme on May 8th. The Academy also hosted a reading event for Children's Book Day on April 2nd.

Bristle Crios really got its name out there. Rhydin Rewind featured several segments about Bristle Crios. Show 197 promoted Prom and Show 318 discussed Blood Moon. Harris and Serichi also provided "a thirty second bump" to honor the various schools of Rhydin, including the Academy of Bristle Crios. A big thanks to this classy radio show! Mutual Endeavors got on the BC bandwagon and interviewed some Bristle Crios members for their Five Question Interview. Serine Delin's interview was featured on July 11th. Renna The Betrayer's interview was featured on July 25th. Ammy Spiritor's interview was featured on August 22nd. Kruger's interview was featured on September 19th. Thanks so much to Pinkatron for the interviews!

Not enough BC trivia for you? Check out the 2012 End of Year Recap!

Note: This is the Out of Character thread for Bristle Crios until the end of 2013. The next OOC thread may be seen at http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26885.