Topic: "First Date" 9-9-1992

Kairee

Date: 2006-07-12 14:17 EST
The pair had been walking away from the Inn for no more than a few minutes before Gondar adressed her in a light-hearted tone, "So what's eating you, kid?"

At Gondar's light hearted tone Kairee stops short, "Patronizing attitudes for one." she snaps turning to Gondar. but she cannot maintain her anger at the sight of him; her scowl turns in to a self-conscious smirk. "That was uncalled for. Sorry." A slight smile offered to him. Taking a deep breath, Kairee pauses before continuing, "I really don't think you were being patronizing but that sot Sourceror was. I wanted to kill him."

Turning away, the tension evident in her stance, "What's eating me? Lots of things." Kairee continues walking down the street with Gondar at her side, "Condescending bastards. Liars. Hypocrites. Manipulators. Wannabes. The kind of ilk that frequents the RDI and every world I've ever been to. Name it, I hate them.? Stopping, she turns on Gondar again, "I can't stand little snots like Aragorn declaring 'Kairee is easy to get to know. 50 dollars and you can know her too.' What have I done to deserve such an insulting attitude?? she demands, fire in her eyes, ?I've been too nice. That's what. They don't have the sense to appreciate me. They take me for granted. They think I'm there for their amusement."

Suddenly Kairee?s aura flashes fire but the flames quickly die as she reigns in her temper, turning from Gondar "And on top of that, I have been reliving my entire life in the past 24 hours... the good times and the all of the BAD, as it is all happening for the first time." she wipes a unwanted tear away.

"Over-niceness is a sad but common failing, and is easy to overcome, I've found." Gondar glances about the area of road where they had stopped. "Perhaps little fools like Aragorn and Sourceror need to be taught a lesson, eh? Perhaps one that will not so soon slip from their little minds." Gondar settled his gaze abruptly on a roadside tree, a majestic willow, and with a muttered "This'll do," wove a short but complex spell.

Light exploded into the night as the tree was suddenly engulfed in supernatural flames, a blood red blaze which cast an eerie glow about the road. The tree immediately began to whither, trembling in the silent agony known only by something that has stood in a single spot for countless years.

"Perhaps," Gondar was saying, "when you felt like killing him, you should have. An example to the others who would take you for granted."

The flames changed subtly, shaping and twisting themselves about the burning tree into an image. It is unmistakable. In an almost divine way, the face of Sourceror gazed condescendingly down upon the duo.
"And perhaps those fools that populate the countless worlds of this Creation deserve no less." Blue lightning spark about the base of the roaring inferno, crackling up about the image of Sourceror, whose face abruptly changed, from condescending serenity to an indescribable mask of hideous pain. The lips twisted, curled, pulled back into a soundless wail of true suffering. But the only sound was the crackling of the flames.

Abruptly, it was all gone, leaving only the immolated tree to its eventual demise.

"Bad things happen to us all. But sometime has got to be Payback Time."

"Good Pyrotechnics. Nice imagery." Kairee comments when the show was over, "But why should I lower myself to petty revenge?" she demanded; her voice cold and calculating, "Why should I be as small of mind as them?" she locks eyes with her companion.

"Bad things do indeed happen Gondar. I have been through more than my share of 'Badness' and I have dealt with those that have sought to hurt me. Those that truly mattered and were powerful enough to give me serious worry are dead." There is certainty in her voice. "Creatures such as Sourceror are fools and of no threat. I smacked Aragorn and that is sufficient to make him think, if not twice then once, as he should have before opening his mouth. Such beings are beneath me. They are not worth my effort. If need be, however, I will make an example. When and where and how will be my choice?.

After a second?s reflection, "Perhaps revenge against Etrigan for his attack...." Kairee licks her lips, "But what would be the best revenge? I hear he seeks ways to atone for the loss of his temper...to atone for his assault. He is distraught at having tried to harm me. He is guilt-ridden. Perhaps forgiveness is not forth-coming and he can torture himself over my hate. Or better yet, I can use him to settle some outstanding business I have in the Abyss. I am sure I can get him to swear to be my protector, forever...and then he can deal with some of the more annoying." She shrugs.

Kairee?s mood has changed; the wild anger that within seems to have moderated but fire simmers still. She has taken her anger and clutched it tight, bound it within her, using it to fuel her calculations for revenge.

Her emerald eyes refocus on Gondar?s with intensity "You are like none of the others Gondar. I do not call you fool or belittle you. You, I expect better from, or at least an understanding of sorts. I want to know something....What did you mean when you said that I had the Demon and the Vampire to amuse me? Did you mean to make comment on the way I lead my life? Was that disapproval I heard? Were you dismissing me as some slut you know and had no time for?"

(Unfortunately, I have lost the rest of this scene. Gondar had been making it a habit of visiting the RDI during Kairee?s shift and had made himself available to leave with her should she chose. Their relationship was little more than a growing friendship. This night, however, it changed.

Gondar, in his own inimitable way, assures Kairee that he has not passed negative judgment on her or her lifestyle. As they continued their stroll, Gondar simply took her hand and she didn?t object.

This was the night, Gondar and Kairee became an ?item.? )