Topic: 2010 RhyDin Gubernatorial Election!

Waterhouse Accounting

Date: 2010-03-19 14:04 EST
Citizens of RhyDin,

It is the great honor of the Waterhouse Accounting Firm to have been chosen for a second year in a row by the current administration to act as an independent advisory committee in order to safe guard the upcoming election for the Governor of RhyDin. We take great pride in the trust that the current governor, Matthew Simon, has placed in our firm and our excited to assist our fellow citizens in choosing a new leader for this grand city!

We have put together the following time line for the 2010 election: - Candidates must announce their intentions to run by April 4, 11:59 pm RST. - If necessary, a primary to reduce the number of candidates will occur April 9-11. - A live debate will be hosted by the Gossip GangSTAR, Marc Franco, on Sunday, April 18 at 9:00 pm RST in the Red Dragon's Great Hall in a town hall style format. Participation is not required but it is strongly encouraged. - The election will be held on April 23-25.

Good luck to all the candidates!

((RST is based on ET. Everyone is welcome to participate but if you and your characters choose not to respect the authority or acknowledge the existence of a governor that is your right. Please send me a PM to confirm your nomination and I encourage you to post something announcing your character's candidacy on this board as well. Thank you!))

Goldglo

Date: 2010-03-20 21:25 EST
Shortly after Waterhouse Accounting Firm's announcement regarding the upcoming election, a press release was issued from the Governor's office indicating that Matthew Algiers Simon would seek a third term as Rhydin's Governor. The release, available in print as well as a recorded VidNet speech by the Governor, was widely available and copies made publically accessible.

As with the prior two elections, part of the Governor's statement was dedicated to wishing the other candidates well in their campaigns and also encouraging all citizens to cast their votes, no matter their preferred candidate, either on election day or by early ballot.

Aaron Marshall

Date: 2010-03-30 01:20 EST
Aaron apparently posted a bunch of posters and plastered them all around town, they read:

Do you want free beer every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and sometimes even Saturday"!

How about a wet t-shirt contest every day of the week"

Still not sold, then how about a mega-dome to house the newly forming Pudding-Wrestling League?! Because everyone knows pudding sticks better than Jell-O!

Aaron Marshall promises to bring these things and more to Rhy'Din if elected! Show your support!

"I'm Aaron Marshall, and I approve this message."

Yejix Zabiru

Date: 2010-03-30 03:11 EST
Yejix steps up to the billboards all around town as one, with the aid of his clones. He decides that it's time for change.

They all post the same flyer.

My name is Yejix Zabiru. I am not of your world. I have seen some of the most foul things ever in this land and I feel it's time for change. I want to be somebody. I want to be respected. Therefore, I am announcing my running for Governor or any administrative post within this government that will allow me to help change this land for the better.

I do not know what my words will mean to you, but as a newcomer to this land, I am absolutely disgusted and horrified by the way the children, the homeless, the weak and weary, and the RhyDin Guard are treated.

It makes me sick to see people selflessly give their lifes to defend a city that gives them no praise or thanks for their shed blood and loyal steel.

It makes me sick that killers are let to run amok in this city to rape, pillage, and destroy lives and families.

It makes me sick to see elitist folk walk about this city as if they are beyond the law, or above basic mortal rights:

The right to freedom The right to a home The right to a job The right for family and the right to remain unoppressed by darkness.

I intend to fix this. I will wage a campaign that will be the voice of the Common Man, Woman, and Child. I give a damn.

I give a damn about -you-, Rhydin.

Give me a chance. ~ Yejix Zabiru

Satisfied, He and his clones disperse into the night, ready for political war.

Corlanthis Wystansayr

Date: 2010-03-30 13:36 EST
A strange bird could be seen wandering through the Rhy'din streets. It was roughly the size of a horse, deeply crimson, and looked somewhat like an overly-large chicken. It carried in it's beak an ornately sealed envelope whose contents could be read as follows:

"Dear Sir or Madam,

It is my intention to again cast my name into the pool as Rhy'din's potential Governor.

Thank you, Corlanthis Wystansayr."

Robespierre carried the letter all the way to the Waterhouse Accounting offices to be dropped off with the neccessary parties.

Elly

Date: 2010-03-30 19:11 EST
The Angel quietly walked the streets, her curiosity piqued as she saw a crowd gathering some distance ahead. Unable to keep herself away she followed suit with the rest, pushing herself and her wings between people with quiet apologies to the many she had clumsily bumped into. It was soon after she saw exactly what it was that had captivated the attention of the crowd - a hologram. It was a hologram of a man, and a....a something. That, she wasn't sure of. Captivated, she listened as the man delivered a passionate speech.

"Come one come all and cast your vote for Governor! I have here with me the perfect Candidate Thwei Cetanu! He's got the muscle! He's got the experience in dealing with multiple faces and races! Do you really want a human to represent the vast population of Rhydin" Or would you rather have someone...err...something! That more fits the unique culture that is our home"

Thwei Cetanu has spent the past few years helping to protect our city here at the midnight hour! He's stalked the streets from the roof tops while you laid in your bed safe at night! He's protected you and your children from those wishing to gut you like a fish while you slept at night! In his time lending a hand to those protecting this very city, he's rescued countless people and creatures! He's not once killed an Innocent! How many in this city can hold that to their name" He'll listen to your thoughts on what should be done! He's friend to Human, Elf, Dwarf and Dragon! You want your voice heard" Then vote for a Yautja that has the protection of your children on his agenda! Vote for Thwei Cetanu!"

The Angel wrinkled her nose in annoyance as the hologram faded away, shaking her head in disapproval as quiet murmurings amidst the crowd sounded off around her. Some were excited about this hero running for governor. Some were apprehensive given the appearance of this....Thwei Cetanu. And she" She was not impressed.

"Friend to Human' It certainly didn't sound like it~" With a shake of her head, she began to drift from the crowd, still rambling to herself. "Or perhaps it was a poor speech writer. Mister Cetanu might be better off to speak from himself from now on. There is certainly nothing wrong with being a human..."

As The Angel walked, she continued speaking to herself, catching the odd glance or two her way as she adjusted her askew halo. "I hadn't realized it was election time! I wonder who else is running....Mister Simon' He seems suited enough for the job, I suppose~ That kidnapper of pumpkinheads, G'nort' I hope not!" She twisted her expression into annoyance at the memory, though it soon faded to nostalgia. Her pumpkinheads....she missed them terribly. It had been so long since she was separated from them. From everyone.

"Maybe Cor is running too..." Cor. Ooooh, that brought a blush to her cheeks. As crimson as the striking bird she saw running past. What a beautiful creature! So large, she could have likely ridden on it like it was a horse! "I'm really looking forward to seeing Cor again~" She giggled to herself and continued on.

"God was kind enough to send me here. And it is election time. Perhaps this is a sign~" The Angel gasped and clasped her hands together, before turning her brown eyes to the sky. "O God, am I to run for Governess?" As if the heavens themselves were answering her, a crash of thunder sounded overhead. This pleased her very much, as indicated by the big smile on her face. "Then I shall carry out your will!"

Opening up the satchel of holding at her side, she reached deep inside and pulled a megaphone out. Cranking it up, she spoke into it for the crowd to hear. "Never fear, denizens of Rhydin! I, Elly-er-Eleanor Legarde, shall run for Governess! I will endeavor to bring peace, love, tranquility, beauty, and God's Love into this city!"

The Angel was quite certain someone booed her, but she refused to falter.

Putting her megaphone back up, she peered around. Now she just had to find the appropriate place to inquire about running.

Warlock

Date: 2010-04-01 20:29 EST
Silas Greyshott offered himself for the office not with even the slightest bit of fanfare, but a simple note. Though he had been rumored even with his own social circles to have been exiled from RhyDin by his patrons in the aftermath of the Shamrock Shindig, and had not been seen since that time, several large scrolls penned in his handwriting and bearing his distinct runic signature were tacked up around town, and another was delivered to the Waterhouse Accounting Firm through the appropriate channels.

I have placed myself in the running for the position of Governor of RhyDin, on a platform of maintaining the office's present minimalism; opposing taxation and other ludicrous and impractical expansions to RhyDin's present authority and infrastructure; appearing with regularity in a supportive and ceremonial capacity at community events as much as possible and when event planners will allow for it; advocating any opportunities that appeal to the public welfare without any infringement upon individual or community liberty, nor any risk to the integrity of personal, communal or corporate property; and raising public awareness when significant threats to safety arise.

Please vote for me, and if elected I will be true to my platform and your faithful servant to the best of my ability.

Thank you,

Sincerely yours,

Silas Greyshott Master Mage at Greyshott Applied Magick & Engineering

In addition to those details, the note included a small postscript at the very bottom, that read as follows:

P.S. Information about my absence and/or exile from RhyDin has been greatly exaggerated.

BardGallant

Date: 2010-04-03 04:03 EST
Just to be on the safe side:

The Remember Your Roots Campaign