Topic: 2014 R.G.E. Andu Kirost (lazy) Q&A.

Andu Kirost

Date: 2014-09-18 01:41 EST
::Realizing some of the regular citizens might find the Red Dragon Inn to posses a frighteningly imposing reputation, Andu sets up a lounging sort of lawn chair out in the Inn's front lawn and possitions himself in it. Beside his chair was placed a table with a generator under it, to run the coffee machine sitting on top along with a basket of "Andu 4 Gov" pins. on the other side rests a large box of "eco-friendly" disposable coffee cups. Behind this set up is a large sign "Andu Kirost for Governor", free coffee, pins and answers."::

NorseLady

Date: 2014-09-18 03:40 EST
The female Viking has seen and/or heard the announcements made by the various candidates running for Governor this year. Shy has several questions for each of them. However, when all is said and done there is only one thing that truly matters to her.

The response to this particular inquiry will be the ultimate reason for whom she casts her vote.

"Mister Kirost, Andu, hvorfor ....why ....do you want to be Governor?"

Andu Kirost

Date: 2014-09-18 11:15 EST
"Mister Kirost, Andu, hvorfor ....why ....do you want to be Governor?" ::When the female viking places the question to him, Andu looks about to crack some joke or something, but then shakes his head and visibly straightens and "gets serious".::

Well, Shy, let me be blunt. Others have said the position is a figurehead in this town. And they are right, it is. But, do you realize where the word "figurehead" comes from' From the carving on the bow of classic sailing ships. While such a figure contributes nothing to the sailing ability of the ship by itself, personal beliefs and respect for what the figurehead was made to represent gave such a carving what amounted to real power in the minds of those who sailed on ships having them.

I see the position of governor in Rhy'din as rather similiar. Who ever holds the position has no power beyond what the citizens of this wonderous, wonderful, and lawless city give them. I know a lot of people around here, and have at least cordial relations with many of them, from wildly disparate worlds, cultures, and life paths. I believe this would help me to try to bridge some of the gaps between such wildly divergent groups.

In practice, what this means is that I dom't expect to "rule" so much as try to lead the citizens of this town in working together to make the city at least a little bit better for each of us. at least for while I hold the office. Though I do hope some of what I accomplish, if anything, might live on past my time in office, if I am elected.

It is possible. While Fio was no less a figurehead than any other governor, the Observatory and Botanical Gardens are grand and beautiful legacies of her terms in office.

::Andu smiles and waves at the basket of pins and the coffee machine.:: Free Coffee and campaign pins....::And finds himself blinking as a much larger basket had appeared next to the table, this one holding several Andu Plushies.:: And apparently plush figures of myself. Pick and choose, accepting the coffee doesn't require accepting either of the others.

RhyDin Free Press

Date: 2014-09-18 11:58 EST
There was that forgettable face again, sidling into view to accost Andu.

"Candidate Kirost, tell me ....how do you intend to balance life as both Governor and active member of the business community here in Rhy'Din?"

Andu Kirost

Date: 2014-09-18 12:34 EST
::Andu smiles at the "forgettable" face.::

Don't really have anything to balance. While I've reserved the right to set policy, and the responsibility of a "trouble shooter", pretty much all of the few business interests I have are run by people with the skills, experience, and training to do it right. Which is about how I intend to do the Governor's job, should I be elected. I know myself well enough to know I don't know the intricacies of actually running things. But, I think I am pretty good at finding people who do, and convincing them to do the jobs that I need done.