Topic: 2014 R.G.E - Q & A with G'nort, if need be.

Saul Heyman

Date: 2014-09-18 13:10 EST
Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Saul Heyman. And I am the one, behind the one, behind the ONE, behind None of the Above. Hereafter to be known as the one, behind the one, behind None of the Above. You see, I have been hired as the Advocate for my client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador and have written the speeches for him that he has thus far expressed to you all. Granted, they are still his words, and they are still written in the way he feels best gets his points across. Now, however, he has given me the reins to do the talking for him. That is what an advocate does. He speaks for his client.

Now that I am revealed to you all, I have been authorized by my client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, to speak for him. And since there are so many question and answer sessions going on, my client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, has authorized me to open up a quote unquote Q & A session of his own.

My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, does not really expect there to be many questions because he has made his points fairly clear, and it should be obvious to everyone what his intentions are. Still, my client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, has decided to humor everyone and allow them to ask whatever they feel they don't have an answer for.

It should be noted, also, that my client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, is amused at how many of the other candidates have revealed details about their platforms that so similarly match the "None of the Above" platform that my client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, has already stated.

So please, feel free to ask my client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, whatever questions your heart desires about policies. About what would happen in the event of an emergency. About feeding the poor or what have you. My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, is looking forward to seeing what may be asked of him.

Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Saul Heyman. And I am the one, behind the one, behind None of the Above.

Fourth

Date: 2014-09-19 01:17 EST
I've got a question, really. It's an honest one, and since you seem to to be the only one worth coming to, at least you've been honest and open, I'll ask you.

As a candidate, or the face of one, how do you feel about this" I saw, without a doubt, one Icer, known friend of Andu, deface a poster that Jesse, another hopeful, hung in the Inn. She, and I was witness to this, was visibly annoyed with Jesse's platform and blasted the poster with her dragon's breath.

That's not important. She's not a candidate. This came after Andu spoke poorly of her, claiming that she should be avoided entirely, when Jesse had left. Secondly, the very same Andu ignored valid questions from a pair of patrons of the Inn, not to mention Jesse's own words. Lastly, the beast smiled as the poster was hit with said ice.

I thought I should make this public, since it benefits all of us. Clearly, one candidate has already picked favorites. That's not looking good, really. Nor is a close friend ruining another's words, which can be seen as the stifling of free speech. Clever, right"

What say you?

Saul Heyman

Date: 2014-09-19 11:39 EST
Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Saul Heyman. And I am the one, behind the one, behind None of the Above, and I am the Advocate for my client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador.

My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, has had an excellent question brought before him. The question of free speech and favoritism and the encouragement of the destruction of the campaign posters of a select member of the candidacy.

My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, while disappointed that a running Gubernatorial candidate may appear to approve of the vile destruction of an opposing candidates campaign poster, he does not view this as an actual violation of free speech. You see, My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, has been advocating for a Free Rhydin. What this means is that all forms of expression should be permitted at all times. This includes the willful destruction of a gubernatorial campaign poster.

My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, does not see this as stifling free speech, but My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, does consider it an act of vandalism. That cannot be disputed. However, in a Free Rhydin, even acts of vandalism are permissible. Who is going to stop them' The laughable Watch' The quote-unquote Avengers? The Baron's Council, which, I might add, have absolutely no political power whatsoever within the realm of Rhydin at all and should never, ever be counted upon to act as a political power. That's more laughable than the Watch.

You see, My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, earnestly believes that if someone wishes to deface a poster, or promote a candidate, or just speak their mind for either good or ill, they should absolutely have that right. My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, would go so far as to saying that you, the concerned citizen, who brought this question to his attention, also has the absolute right to deface, destroy, or defame the posters of any candidate or their person, as well. You cannot have one side of the coin without the other. There's no heads without tails, if you wish to speak metaphorically.

This in no way means that My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, would approve of such actions, oh no. My client believes that everyone should be relatively considerate to everyone else until such time as that gentility is no longer warranted. Should that event occur, then you can be free to exercise your own right in a Free Rhydin and conduct yourself as you wish in regards to the one who no longer deserves the basic consideration which should be afforded to all.

My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, may be disappointed that a fellow candidate seemed to approve of the vandalism by the being you have accused of the destruction of another candidate, but in a Free Rhydin, which My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, advocates, he....or She...is absolutely within their rights to behave in such a way.

You see, Ladies and Gentlemen, the way a candidate comports themselves in public is what shows you just what type of person, character and candidate they are. This is why you should vote for My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, he has not told any lies, he has not hidden behind false promises, he has not coddled or given the kid gloves treatment to anyone in or out of this campaign. He has been very frank with just the type of person he is, and is hiding nothing.

My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, has unabashedly disclosed to everyone exactly where he stands and exactly what will happen should he be elected Governor. Why' My client believes, no, he knows, that no single person should have any kind of control over the Free City of Rhydin. Most definitely not someone who would without a doubt show preferential treatment to another simply due to the reason that they are friends. Unless supporting vandalism is okay to everyone. And why not' Because of the undeniable fact that Rhydin is a Free City, should remain a Free City, and should not have a Governor.

Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Saul Heyman. And I am the one, behind the one, behind None of the Above, and I am the Advocate for my client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador.

Seirichi

Date: 2014-09-22 21:34 EST
G. Since your whole stance is to do nothing with the Governor position. Are you going to flush out any banking accounts that are connected to it"

Who gets all the leftover monies when there's no governor" I suggest donating all of it to KLIT-AM 900.

Saul Heyman

Date: 2014-09-25 17:40 EST

The question has been brought before my client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, about what should be done with the funds from the bank accounts associated with the position of Governor. To this question I have a response which is phrased in the form of another question.

My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, would like to know; "What funds?" Since when has the title of Governor ever actually had funds attached to it' You see, my client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, would like you all to know how government finances work, hence the title of Governor.

The places a government can get its money from are: taxes, debt, income, fines, or inflation. Permit me to be more specific.

Taxes are the most obvious way government gets its money. Taxes are money taken out of the collective pockets of the people and put into the collective pockets of the politicians.

My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, is extremely curious about something. Have any of you paid any taxes" Or more specifically, has anyone paid any taxes to the Free City Rhydin" The answer to that, is No. So, the Free City of Rhydin does not gain income from Taxes. If the Governor of the Free City of Rhydin were to institute a tax policy, My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador believes that a revolt and perhaps even a civil war would follow shortly after. And ladies and gentlemen, we do not want that.

Debt is money borrowed. It is the favorite instrument of most governments big and small to get money by promising to tax later to pay. Since no one pays any taxes to the Free City of Rhydin. There is no reason to borrow money. You see, if you have no income, you will not get a loan, because you will *never* be able to pay it back. My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, is very experienced with the process of being a money lender and what the consequences are when you fail to pay it back. If you need references, you can ask One Eye Willy, or Eight Fingers Rathain, or the gentleman outside of the Arena who has lost the ability to walk. I am sure you can figure it out.

Income is money that government earns by participating as an actor in the free market. They offer some good or service, and they get paid to do so. Some people will put fees in this category. What does the government of the Free City of Rhydin offer you that you purchase" We have seen that nobody pays for drinks. Do they take a cut of the money for renting a room at the Red Dragon' From the transportation' From the Hot Dog Stand in the always dangerous marketplace"

Citizen, permit me educate you with a few facts. The only reason the Free City of Rhydin now has a train route to take you from the Free City of Rhydin to the Free Region of Yasou is because My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, funded the project himself with a few other private investors. The reason your trash is picked up weekly is because, on his own, My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, purchased a waste disposal company with the purpose of cleaning up the streets as well as to plow through several feet of snow when that winter storm blew in. There was no government contracting or funding for either of those. Those were privately done. So, what do the people of the Free City of Rhydin buy from the government' Nothing.

Fines are money collected as punishment for crimes committed by individuals or corporations. Fines are a useful remedy, quite easy to collect and quite easy to impose. It's a very friendly way to punish behavior that, while bad, isn't completely dangerous. For instance, parking in the wrong spot or at the wrong times, or leaving your yard a mess, or behaving improperly in a free market without hurting anyone.

Has anyone paid a fine" Has anyone been given a fine" Who is the agent who collects the fine if an individual is theoretically issued one"

Good luck.

Inflation would be the final way that government can raise money. This is what happens when government simply prints new money and issues it. My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, does not believe that the Free City of Rhydin has a department of the treasury, nor a printing press or mint that will produce any currency for the Free City of Rhydin whatsoever. In fact, a majority of the currency that is, at this moment, circulating through the Free City of Rhydin, is money that is coming from other lands or realms, or even universes and does not originate from the Free City of Rhydin. So, it looks as though we can safely rule out inflation.

My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, again would like to know. To what banking accounts and monies are you referring? Were there any accounts existing when My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, takes the title of Governor, he vows to donate all finances to charities and businesses who most desperately need them most. However, My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, has very real doubt that such accounts genuinely exist.