Topic: 2014 R.G.E - Q & A with Katt

Katt Batten

Date: 2014-09-15 15:36 EST
http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab276/kattstrife/others/Untitled-1_zps67b51345.png

Here will be the Questions, Comments, and Statements to Katt via the community as well as her answers to them.

NorseLady

Date: 2014-09-17 09:07 EST
The female Viking has seen and/or heard the announcements made by the various candidates running for Governor this year. Shy has several questions for each of them. However, when all is said and done there is only one thing that truly matters to her.

The response to this particular inquiry will be the ultimate reason for whom she casts her vote.

"Ms Batten, Katt, hvorfor ....why ....do you want to be Governor?"

RhyDin Free Press

Date: 2014-09-17 11:08 EST
A forgettable figure with a large notebook and dicta-phone waves a hand to get Candidate Batten's attention.

"Give us some reasons why we can trust you over the other candidates."

"In last year's election, you withdrew your candidacy. Please explain why you withdrew, and how you can assure us that you won't do that again."

Katt Batten

Date: 2014-09-18 00:47 EST
"Ms Batten, Katt, hvorfor ....why ....do you want to be Governor?"

The question addressed by Shy was one she was expecting and not overly surprised by. Still..a faint smile tugged her lips. "The reason it has been last year is the same as this year. I want to serve the people best to my ability. It has always been my honor to serve the people. Some ways others do not know, some that others know...But my helping isn't for recognition. I just want to help."

She paused a moment.

"I want to help the community and people grow. I want to get help where it is needed. I would like to keep the council with its monthly meetings where people can speak their concerns or thoughts to people who want to listen. Who want to help. I enjoy seeing the community coming together as a whole as it did when Fio was in seat. Do not getting me wrong, Rekah did a good job, but Fio inspired me. I would like to see that to continue..."

Her chin dipped to Shy, "Thank you for your question, Shy. I appreciate it."

"Give us some reasons why we can trust you over the other candidates. In last year's election, you withdrew your candidacy. Please explain why you withdrew, and how you can assure us that you won't do that again."

"Reasons..you can trust me over the other candidates. I am going to admit I don't like that question. People trust people as they see fit. I could tell you I can make it rain marshmallows. Some may actually believe it. For those who have seen me over the years know me. If I give my word I do my utmost best to keep it. I give my opinions openly and while they can be blunt they are at at least honest. My want has been, and still is, to serve the people."

She exhaled slowly when she was asked about the withdraw from last years campaign. "That was due to personal reasons. When I stepped up last year I did so with the same intentions as I am now. I want to make sure that I have the time and attention into this position. Something came up that wouldn't allow that and I'd of rather step down than give less of my whole to the cause. I also felt the things I wanted done last year, I didn't to be in the position."

"I cannot assure you that I will not step down and quite frankly there has already been a threat on my life as well as a rather odd attempt at to get me to step down. The only reason I considered stepping down was because of the safety of others. Lives in danger is not how I wish to win the election. People's safety is one of the reasons I am here. I will say this, however....I will not step down unless there is good reason for me to."

Her head dipped down to the reporter. "I thank you as well for your questions. They are appreciated."