Topic: 2015 RhyDin Gubernatorial Election

RhyDin Counting House

Date: 2015-09-08 01:15 EST
http://ukrants.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/election.jpg

2015 RhyDin Gubernatorial Election

RhyDin needs a few good (and evil) men, women, and everyone-in-between to stand up and throw their hat into the ring for the 2015 Governor Elections! Think you've got what it takes" Are you ready to kiss more babies than you thought existed in RhyDin" Are you ready to answer all of those intimate questions about your personal life in media interviews" Do you have some skeletons in your closet that you're ready to have unleashed into the public, literally or metaphorically"

Submit your name to the RhyDin Counting House and be counted!

OOC Notes: Candidates must private message their intentions to run to the RhyDin Counting House with the character they wish to be placed on the ballot for the 2015 Gubernatorial Election. One character candidate per player, please. Candidate names will be collected through 11:59pm RhyDin Time (EST) on Tuesday, September 15th and will be officially announced the following day on the 16th. But don't wait until then to begin your campaigning. Start now! Candidates are encouraged to post here with their intentions to run, their open letters to the public, their event schedules, etc. The "general public" is welcome to contribute here, too. To post your OOC comments, check out the Gubernatorial Election 2015 OOC thread.

Ebon Ilnaren

Date: 2015-09-09 16:00 EST
The following is an open letter to the public, delivered to various news outlets across Rhy'din.

Citizens of Rhy'din, friends....greetings.

Almost a year ago I announced my candidacy to serve as Governor of our city, one of many who expressed a wish to serve—or not serve—in that capacity. When the votes were tallied, I had been chosen, which left me feeling elation and anxiety in equal parts: elation that so many felt that I would do the job well, anxiety that I would not.

Now, almost a year later, I think I've done well by you. I've tried my best to help build the community without forfeiting that fundamental brand of individuality and spontaneity that is so much a part of this town. I'd like to have the opportunity to do more.

I hereby officially announce my renewed candidacy for Governor in the upcoming election. To all others who wish to join me in this race, welcome and good luck! Thank you!

Ebon Ilnaren

Sean

Date: 2015-09-09 19:16 EST
Making its circulation into the media and tacked up upon message boards was a simple letter hand written if read and concise if heard spoken.

Hello to all of my friends, colleagues, clients, patients and all the people I have yet to meet. Elections are coming just like winter. Many of you may not have thought me the kind of man to try the waters of politics. Call me old school in wanting to give this elections a good college try.

I am quite new to the political scene. I have not done any public works or events on a grand scheme, but I feel that many know the man I am by how you all have let me into your families to treat those you care about the most. I prefer honest actions and a caring touch to prove a man's worth.

Therefore, with no further preamble I, Sean Walley, cast my name into the public elections to run for governor for 2016. To the rest of the nominees, welcome to the rodeo. Have fun and best of luck to the one who wins.

Warm Wishes, Sean Walley, DVM

Team Sal

Date: 2015-09-10 03:14 EST
https://40.media.tumblr.com/aa7936852ec5cdbdc6465b8a7e3c42d9/tumblr_nug970OTZr1u228rdo1_1280.jpg

A letter was typed on very official looking Matadero Meats letterhead was tacked to the board. And by official looking that means it said Matadero Meats in a fancy font at the top and had a gold sticker that looks like a seal on the bottom right beneath a signature.

"The Salvador Delahada fan club is proud to announce that Mr. Delahada will run for Governor of Rhydin.

He has given us the privilege of this knowledge first so that we, his loyal fans, may promote his campaign and have the highly esteemed honor of announcing his bid for candidacy.

He has granted us an all access look into his life, publishing rights, photo ops, and made us his choice for public relations.

We, the people of T.S.D.F.C. promise to bring the good people of Rhydin an inside look at the man that so few know but many love. A man who has invested in this city with not one, not two, but three businesses. A man who has boosted our economy by buying property and restoring buildings to their former glory. A man who has lead teams in our dueling venues, a man who cared not for glory or winning but for team work and friendship. A man who fights for the underdogs and cares for those that time and circumstance have forgotten.

Let us not forget that Salvador is a minority. Of Spanish and Fae decent, he understands what it is to be an outsider. What it means to struggle. What it means to have to fight for your families well-being.

Blessed with a chiseled jaw line, six pack abs, an ass that could crack walnuts, and a brooding demeanor that is just the right amount of "O.M.G. does he hate me" mysteriousness that keeps us coming back for more, and boy do we" I digress.

That is not the point of this public notice. The point is, Ladies and Gentleman, is that the handsomest, bravest, most generous, and dreamiest man in Rhydin is running for Governor. Salvador is giving Rhydin a chance to know the real him.

All I can say is: Break me off'a piece of that!

And VOTE FOR SAL!"

-Britney Robinson President, Treasurer, Blogger, Photographer, and Social Media Manager for Team Sal, The Salvador Delahada Fan Club

The Redneck

Date: 2015-09-10 12:04 EST
The note paper was marked with a raised, stylized rose in iridescent blue centered at the top.

"I'm tossing my hat in again.

Some of you know me, some of you know of me, and the majority of you have never heard of me before now.

I'm not a politician, I've never held public office before. I do however, have a solid, strong sense of community.

Rhy'din and her peoples have always been a cluster of communities working together. Coming together in good times and bad for the betterment of all.

I'm proud to be a member of this community, proud to be a citizen of this city. And I'd be proud to serve as mayor should that be your choice.

Sincerely, Thorn."

Perpetual Motion

Date: 2015-09-16 00:09 EST
An archaeopteryx with a speaker-studded glittery collar roosted over the relevant election offices long enough to broadcast the following message in full, shortly after the timely filing of Dr. Bell's papers; it then spent the rest of the small hours flapping around RhyDin, sharing bits and pieces of the announcement with beeildered citizens, interspersed with its own agitated squawks.

"My name is Dr. Evelyn Augusta Bell, and I am soliciting the support of every corporeal sapient, noncorporeal consciousness, and semiautonomous collective for my gubernatorial bid! I can promise that I will increase dinosaur diversity at the governor's office, build a robot to tunnel deep into our planet until it melts — or is crushed — in the name of science, facilitate the colonization of our two moons by radiotrophic psychic coral, decrease my personal involvement in heists and related crimes in RhyDin by up to 30%, and task my luggage with the knitting of a scarf to be awarded to one lucky citizen by lottery at the end of the 2015-2016 winter holidays.

"I am also a sympathetic soul with the firmly held belief that the well-being of those less fortunate should be the primary purpose of any government, including this one.

"I solemnly swear to use my office to help the poor, amuse the unhappy, and never, ever exploit it to cover up any of my crimes. Thank you and good night!"