Topic: 2016 Governors Election: Humanity First rally footage.

Humanity First

Date: 2016-09-21 09:51 EST
Hidden footage from a Humanity First meeting begins to play.

"Multispecism, favor diversity. These flawed ideals with a hidden meaning: the genocide of the human race. When is enough - enough' Do we continue to hide and pray to those higher above as our people are murdered and fed upon on the streets" Is this the strength in diversity that this city clamors behind" Strength in diversity - as long as you are not human. They act as if your lives do not matter. As if you are disposable for their pleasure. Predators do not fear their prey unless they are given reason to. Do each and every one of you wish to continue being the prey' Or will you rise up and take a firm grasp of your own destiny"

While the Governorship is not a title that holds power, it does hold one thing - a podium for our message to be heard. A message of humanity that has been feverishly ignored by the lesser species dwelling in this city.

Your family first, your children first, your partner first. Humanity first. Do not allow yourself to be the victim any—.."

"Do it." Could be heard from a quiet foreign voice to the side of the camera person. There's a sudden bright flash. The camera shakes, falls to the ground, and loses focus after a loud explosion is heard. Half of the screen seems to be broken, but what remains of the visuals show a panic of legs in their attempts to vacate the vicinity. Yelling and screaming make up much of the background noise.

"They can only answer in violence!" Came from behind the buzzing audio. "Is this the world you crave to live in"! Why are you running? Your brothers and sisters lie there! Dead! Because you continue to live in fear!"

A glimpse of Francis from the corner of the broken visual could be made out as he dropped to a knee some feet away from the camera. The small body he takes up into his arms looks to be one of a child. "Some are still alive! QUIT RUNNING!"

The video continues. Francis can be seen quickly leaving its focus as he tries to find medical aid for the held victim. The camera is then brushed to the side by a kick - most likely from someone attempting to move it out of the way to help another; this causes the video to become more distorted. What's left, or what could be made out of one were to look hard enough, is five minutes worth of audio-less footage of supporters trying to aid the fallen.

Dianna Faulkner

Date: 2016-09-21 11:12 EST
An impromptu conference is called late in the morning on Wednesday. In the heart of Dockside, press has gathered around the still smoldering wreckage of West Harbor Bistro where only a few hours earlier, a bomb exploded outside, killing almost forty and injuring fourteen at a Humanity First rally and charity breakfast. Dianna steps up to makeshift podium, nothing more than a stack of crates in front of yellow crime scene tape. Her right arm is in a sling and her face is pale but the set of her jaw is determined and her green eyes burn bright with defiance.

"Today, the chaos of the city has sought to silence a rising voice amongst many. On Earth, where so many Rhydinians have come from or have ties to, today is the International Day of Peace but we have no peace this morning. No, our peace, a right so many fight for, was stolen from us in a grievous act of oppression. Too many have died and still more suffer because someone feels that equality only belongs to the privileged. The lengths they will go to prove this have been clearly demonstrated today. Women. Children. Old. Young. None were spared by this vicious attack on freedom. But we will not be silenced. This attack on humanity itself will not dissuade us from our cause and if anything, it has only strengthened our resolve. We will continue to fight for humanity. We will continue to fight for freedom. And we will continue to fight for you. Each and every one of you. Humanity First is undaunted. Humanity will prevail. If you could please join me in a moment of silence for those lost today."

A full sixty seconds of silence falls over the crowd and when it concludes, Dianna looks up again.

"Thank you all for coming. Please keep those affected in your thoughts and prayers. A candlelight vigil will be held here for the victims this evening at sunset. Thank you and remember, we will prevail." Di lifted a closed fist straight into the air for a beat, lowered it, and left the podium behind.

Humanity First

Date: 2016-09-21 14:45 EST
An impromptu announcement was made that Francis Collins would be speaking; forgoing rest and recuperation to bring his message to his people. His steps marred by an apparent limp, but he denied himself to be aided as he took his place at a ruined podium.

"I stand before you broken, but not beaten. My injuries mean nothing compared to the damage done to our people, and I will wear them solemnly as a testament to those we lost today."

Francis straightened his back, even though it caused discomfort, and stood tall.

"We have discovered the terrorists who dared to silence our message. They were, and are, fae in origin. While one escaped our vengeance in death, its accomplice was found attempting to hide among the innocents they desperately sought to murder. My friends, my family within the embrace of humanity " there will be justice.

I have denied the Watch's unlawful demands to give them custody of this vile monster. Each of you know what would come of it. The Watch, many of which are supporters of the multispecies indoctrination of this city and realm, would see that our pain and suffering be cast aside and this criminal be sent free. This is no time to trust corrupted individuals who believe their so-called law and order should be above our own. This city, born on freedom and lawless in its own nature, was made great by communities who stood together " and stood strong. That is what we will do, separated from the threats that the lesser species plague us with day after day, year after year."

Francis pressed his both hands to the podium and gripped at the warped wood.

"I promise all of you. There will be justice..

What I ask now is that we stand strong and do not lower ourselves to the level of the lesser species. Police your communities, but do not seek confrontation. I do not ask you to stand down and die should conflict arise. If someone should strike you, strike them back twice-fold...but understand that confrontation is what they wish for, to smear our message and bury it under lies and propaganda.

We must stand united. It is the only way our species may survive. Stand strong, stand defiant against the multispecies agenda. Stand with Humanity First."

There would be some strain shown as he stepped from the podium. Aids moved to help, but were once more asked to stand down. The camera panned to follow as Francis began to speak quietly with victims, along with the friends and family of the deceased.

Humanity First

Date: 2016-09-23 12:38 EST
A bleak start for the video. A room that lacked decoration and felt cold, a single table, and a woman sitting behind it with her hands chained in metal. Her appearance seemed to distort ever other second, as if the glamour that attempted to take shape around her was denied in some shape or form. Willowy and pale one moment, sunkissed with perfect blonde strands the next. The fae's connection to magic was unstable.

"Say it again." The voice at the other side of the table spoke. The voice, akin to Francis' own, caused a reaction from the woman. She bared her teeth and sucked a sudden breath of air through them.

"How many times do you need to hear it"! I said I did it!"

The table shook due to the woman's sudden lashing out. The restraints made sure she could not do much in protest.

"And the accomplice recording. What were you two planning to do with the footage"" Francis had not been alone in the room. The silent third player standing within the cramped confines set down a broken video recording device.

"I told you.." The voice sounding tired and filled with sorrow. The subject of her accomplice seemed cause an emotional shift. "...We...we were," the table suddenly shook once again as she tried to rise. Sharp teeth snapped toward the man sitting in front of her, but she could not reach him. "We were going to show how weak and frail you all really are! KILL ME ALREADY! I WANT TO BE WITH HIM!"

Francis held a hand out to the side. The third in the room passing along what looked to be a single piece of paper; something that Collin's slid across the table and set in front of the bound woman.

"Read. Aloud." He kept his hand in place as the fae attempted to lash out once more, but like before - she was unable to reach him.

"The names. Read them." The instruction seemed to fall upon deaf ears. She began to scream instead.

So Francis took up the paper instead. "Magetha, Johnathan, Clarice, Yuri, Flora, Kyle," Francis's lips continued to move as he read the names, but the sound distorted when the fae screamed out in anger again.

When it ceased for the time being, "Gregory, Richard, Kerrigan, Daniel,"

"IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE YOU! WHY DIDN'T YOU DIE?!" The fae's scream of anger overpowered the mans voice, but he continued reading through it. The table shook with every thrash, but this only caused Francis to lift the paper and stand.

"Felipe, Juria, Dominek, Fernando, Angelica, Dean, Kenneth," The list continued, but as before - the screaming overpowered much of the audio.

It was only when Francis lowered and paper and ceased speaking did the fae stop. Her chest huffing, her voice cracking from constant screaming.

"Your punishment has been decided...You will be transported to Stars End at nightfall where a ship is prepared to transport you to a mining colony. You will not be given death, you will not become a martyr...Exile, hard labor. For however long your kind lives. That is your punishment."

"...No...No, no, no. I can't leave here, this is my home...This, I'll wither and become...I can't leave! Just kill me!" — "Your kind is connected to the planet. I know. Which is why the punishment is more fitting." Francis took care as he set the list of names back into a folder.

Francis turned and began to head away from the cameras vision. "Enjoy these next ten hours. They will be the last you ever spend on this planet."

The video ends showing the woman across the table hunched over and crying.

The Humanity First emblem appears on the screen, then shrinks in size to fit in the corner as aftermath video of the Dockside explosion is shown. Flowers, toys, and letters to both survivors and the fallen blanket a makeshift memorial created where the wrecked podium once stood. Francis is seen lowering a bouquet of flowers next to the memorial before turning to the crowd and once more offering his condolences.

Before the normally scheduled programming is allowed to play, the list of the fallen is displayed on the screen for a solid five minutes.