Topic: 2016 Gubernatorial Debate

Ebon Ilnaren

Date: 2016-09-23 15:56 EST
There will be a debate held on Friday, 30 September in the Great Hall for the three final gubernatorial candidates to discuss the issues important to the people of Rhy'din. For that to work, however, we need to know what those issues are.

So consider this a public call for you, the residents of Rhy'din, to submit questions for discussion. They can be general—for example, "What is your stance on public education in Rhy'din?"—or more specific. Questions may be directed to a particular candidate, although all three will have the opportunity to answer.

You may submit your questions to Governor Ilnaren, who will be moderating the debate.

The debate will begin at 8pm Rhy'din Time, or as soon afterwards as possible.

RhyDin Free Press

Date: 2016-09-28 10:28 EST
A question to all three candidates -

What do you hope to accomplish as governor" What changes, if any, would you like to make"

Ebon Ilnaren

Date: 2016-10-02 16:36 EST
The following transcripts include all of Ebon's questions and the candidates' answers from the debate on 30 September 2016. A few incidences of interjections from or within the audience are also included.

Those wishing to view the full debate can do so here.

—————

Ebon Ilnaren: Ebon was checking the recorders and cameras around the Hall, to make sure everything was ready. Ebon Ilnaren: "Check, 1, 2." Ebon Ilnaren: "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog." He looked to the back and was rewarded with a thumbs-up from the tech crew.

Ammy Spiritor: Ammy soon arrived to the Great Hall followed by her assistant, Almah, and in Ammy's arms, Ruby, her human daughter. Ammy was dressed in a simple gray gown and her master alchemist leather belt of many pouches again. Ruby was in a cute little red sun dress and Almah, the brindle furred Lupe was in a green school girl uniform, simple, functional for her duties to her Creator. The blue LEDs for her eyes watching things.

Katt Batten: She entered dressed simple in black slacks and a white blouse. At one time she had been wearing a fedora but upon entrance it was removed and tucked under arm. There was a bit too much on her mind and it unnaturally readable right now.

Ebon Ilnaren: There was a stage at one end of the Hall, with podiums and stools for each of the candidates, as well as stands with cups and pitchers of ice water, and another podium off to the side where Ebon took his position. He nodded to folks as they entered and found seats.

Humanity First: Francis stood among a few of his staff and appeared to be holding a quiet conversation with them. Though they looked to be doing much of the talking while he stood there with an afixed gaze. One of the two talking had been a rather tall fellow with long blonde hair kept in a tight ponytail, the point of his ears giving away the fact that he had been an elf. The other who made up their small congregation had been a dark haired man with a Humanity First sash wrapped about his upper right arm.

Ammy Spiritor: Ammy gave a polite nod to Ebon then directed Almah to some seats near the front but out of the way needed people. She gave Ruby a few silent hands gestures and smiles then entrusted her daughter to Almah to mind during the debate.

Ammy Spiritor: Smiles and waves to Maggie, Colleen and Kane. She spied Icer and Aurthur as well giving them waves. She watched Katt and Collins a bit gauging how they were feeling tonight.

Katt Batten: She avoided Ebon a tad by keeping herself a distance away but she did offer him, and all those gathered, a polite dip of chin.

Ebon Ilnaren: "If the candidates would please take the stage?"

Ammy Spiritor: Ammy quietly left Almah and Ruby and alighted the stage and took to the left most stool and podium.

Katt Batten: She'd take to the stage silently and tried to focus on the now.

Humanity First: Collin's nodded to the two he had been speaking to then turned to move for the stage. The apparent limp in his step still there as he took the stage. While one arm appeared to be more lively at his side, its opposite hung loose like dead weight.

Ebon Ilnaren: "Thanks to all of our candidates for their time tonight, and to all of you for coming. I am Ebon Ilnaren, outgoing governor, and I will be your moderator tonight. Our candidates are," and he named them from closest to furthest, "Francis Collins, Katt Batten, and Ammy Spiritor."

Ammy Spiritor: Ammy did her best hide her nervousness as her daughter Ruby clapped a little when Almah translated in sign language.

Ebon Ilnaren: "In the interests of not having us all turn into pumpkins before the evening is over, I would like each candidate to *briefly* introduce themselves and then we'll begin with the questions." Ebon Ilnaren: He gestured to Mr. Collins to begin.

Humanity First: "I am Francis Collin's of the Humanity First political party and refugee community found within the Dockside district. I would like to thank the public for their vote of confidence to bring my parties message this far in the election. Most importantly, I ask for a brief moment of silence to remember those lost in the recent bombing in Dockside, along with the victims of violence brought about in these uncertain times."

Ebon Ilnaren: "Thank you. Ms. Batten?"

Katt Batten: She inhaled slowly and released the breath just as slow. In Francis' request she gave a moment, simple as it was. Around a minute's time passed before she spoke, "Most of you are already aware of who I am. For those of you who don't, I am Kathryn Batten, known to most simply as Katt. I have been in the service of the city in one fashion or another for many years and currently am head of Batten Inc. in my brother's stead. My interest is, and always has been, to protect and serve Katt Batten: those within the walls of the city." And around. But you know that goes without saying, right' "Win or lose, that will not change my goal." Simple and done.

Ebon Ilnaren: "Thank you. Finally, Ms. Spiritor."

Ammy Spiritor: Ammy nodded hearing her name. She too honored the victims per Collins request for a minute then spoke. "Ammy Spiritor, a master alchemist, owner of the Alchemist's Fire Complex, teacher at Bristle Crios Academy, founder of the Lupinossai Community called Den City. I owe Rhy'Din city more then I can ever repay during my 8 years here and I wish to serve the people to show how much I appreciate them as well as foster a positive spirit of choice for all." She nodded she was done.

Ebon Ilnaren

Date: 2016-10-02 16:41 EST
Ebon Ilnaren: "Excellent. Our first question for tonight....a fairly basic one, yes, but we have to start somewhere. What do you see as the role of the Governor in Rhy'din today' Ammy, you first."

Ammy Spiritor: A blink getting back in the line of fire first. She gathered her thoughts a moment. "I see the roll of Governor as a public servant position. No direct powers over the people as the office is more adapted with trying to facilitate more communications for the public between themselves to allow the people to settle their own issues as well as find ways to offer ample pressure relief that any city needs. Such as in the forms of festivals, events and trying to foster more awareness of the diversity

Ammy Spiritor: and culture the city harbors within it." She said, nodding she was done.

Renna Of The Dark: Up goes her hand.

Ammy Spiritor: A glance from Renna to Ebon deffering to the moderator on whether she was allowed to answer questions yet.

Ebon Ilnaren: "There will be time for questions from the audience later." He nodded to Renna, then looked to Francis. "Mr. Collins?"

Renna Of The Dark: The eager student lowers her hand, frowning. Well. Not frowning. Just glaring.

Ebon Ilnaren: He looked at Francis to make sure he wasn't passed out from his recent injuries.

Katt Batten: Her head craned along with Ebon, checking for the same reason.

Humanity First: "It is as Ms. Spiritor says. Though to extend. Communities are what bring strength to this city, and that is where the power must stay. The governor can be called nothing more than a self-styled middle man that is attempting to bridge gaps, or creating more fissues should their attention continue to delve into the notion that diversity is strength."

Ammy Spiritor: Ammy tilted a head to Collins but said nothing. Just a quiet consideration in her golden eyes.

Ebon Ilnaren: "Hmm. Katt, your thoughts?"

Katt Batten: Her mouth opened briefly but she looked at Ebon. Okay she will behave. Clearing her throat she looked to the crowd. "The role of Governor does not come with any true power, like most have said.." She shrugged slowly and clasped her hands in front of her which in turned pinned the fedora to her torso. "Instead it is but a role one takes up to be a voice to and for the people. A person, voted by the people to be there, for the people...A person who helps the community come together to work things Katt Batten: out or work on ideas to better things in the city. They listen to any who wish to speak and in certain times, the unbiased voice of reason. They are, in a way, a focus. They are there for the people and the city."

Ebon Ilnaren

Date: 2016-10-02 16:51 EST
Ebon Ilnaren: Checking his notes, Ebon looked to make sure that none of the candidates had any rebuttals. It was early yet, though. "All right, next question. This comes from the Rhy'din Free Press. What do you hope to accomplish as governor" What changes, if any, would you like to make?" Ebon Ilnaren: He nodded to Katt....the last to speak previously becomes the first to respond the next time, that's how it'll go for general questions. "Ms. Batten?"

Katt Batten: "Mrm' I have many ideas I would like to be set into place. Firstly would be seeking the aid of the shelters and sanctuary in the city. Not only for the victims of the outburst of hate crimes, but for travelers coming to and from the city walls. Those in care of these places should take in people, regardless of who or what they are. I wish to see the education blossom a bit more than it has been. Extending to those who cannot afford it or cannot attented a physical school. I'd also like to see Katt Batten: our city security being a bit more..trust worthy. I am not speaking down upon the Watch, but I have heard and seen some rather rotten Watch members that could use a bit of retraining. I would like to see a council reinstated. Trustworthy people that the city feels they can come to in time of question or need."

Ebon Ilnaren: "Thank you. Ms. Spiritor?" Ebon Ilnaren: This was a turning out to be a very calm and orderly debate. Though he didn't show it, Ebon was somewhat disappointed.

Humanity First: "I would ask how the Watch can be trustworthy when anyone who so chooses can become part of them. The Watch in and of itself a vigilante group attempting to overstep their bounds. How do you retain something which should have no power over the free-people of this city in the first place?"

Ebon Ilnaren: Ah, there it was!

Katt Batten: Sharp greens tilted to the man. "Shh, you are interrupting. Questions come later."

Humanity First: "This is a debate, Ms. Batten. You've stated something you would change, something which goes against the idea that the governor truly has no power. What right would you have to retrain a vigilante force?" Humanity First: "But if she'd rather have time to think of an answer, I understand and yield the floor to Ms. Spiritor."

Ebon Ilnaren: "The Watch has as much authority as it earns from the people, Mr. Collins, and I will be touching on it specifically shortly." Then he looked to Ammy, motioning for her to respond.

Humanity First: "Thank you. Mr. Governor. I am sure Ms. Batten is pleased that you answered for her."

Katt Batten: She stared at the man...like..seriously. "More like I simply respect to let someone speak instead of mouthing off."

Humanity First: "Once again, this is a debate. I am sure you understand the term debate if you are running for governor."

Wynn Whittaker: "It's a debate. Either debate or get on with it for gods' sake instead of arguing over whether you should be arguing." He needed popcorn. Cinnamon gum would do for now.

Ammy Spiritor: Ammy watched, amused a bit letting the fires burn their fuel out a moment.

Renna Of The Dark: Her eyes narrow on Francis. "Debate also rhymes with masturbate. Doesn't mean you're a **** wanker for it."

Ammy Spiritor: Seeing Ebon motion to her she would speak though wedging herself into the fires so to say. Ammy Spiritor: "I share a simlar goal as Katt Batten for sanctuaries about the city but would also like to get all the established areas, as were brought to my attention by prior public meeting, to establish safe zones for anyone seeking safety when they are caught outside of their own communities protection. I would like to find a way to offer places a voluntary program to sign up for that shows they take in everyone for their services. That is something I wish to strive for elected or not. I would like to Ammy Spiritor: move forward the ideas Mairead Harker brought forth during the preliminaries to bring public services and education to all in the city to be available for use as well as encouraging the openness of projects being brought in by the public as Andu Kirost championed. Security would be better left in the hands of the communities, the Watch and the private organizations already about. They have a better idea of what they need."

Katt Batten: "I understand exactly what it is. But I also don't see you having the right to call anyone vigilantes." She glanced to Ammy as she spoke. Poor thing was trying to get words in!

Humanity First: "But did you not say there are some on the Watch who are corrupt...or, rotten, as you put it. So they are of course acting as vigilantes for their own greed."

Humanity First: He then raised his hands to clap for Ammy. "Well said. Security should be better left in the hands of the communities."

Ebon Ilnaren: "Mr. Collins, would you care to answer the question as put forth?"

Ammy Spiritor: "Candidate Batten does have a point. A city with no laws has no base line to dictate what quantifies a 'vigilante'," she said calmly.

Humanity First: "I would begin by reaching out to communties and asking, if they are willing, to appoint a liaison who will work closely with the governors office. These individuals will be the voices of their communties and bring attention any issues they may be having at any given time. I, as governor, will step aside and allow these voices to reign supreme. This is their city, those are their communties. It is their choice where their income, time, and effort should be going. The governors office will not be Humanity First: filling our coffers with a single dime by these communties and will remain neutral in any conflicts that may arise. During my reign the governor will be no more and instead be replaced with a council of and for the city."

Ammy Spiritor: Ammy leaned on her podium a moment. "So a cluster headache instead of a single migraine."

Ebon Ilnaren: He was about to speak, but Ammy's comment had him stifling a laugh.

Katt Batten: She mumbled something under breath.

PrlUnicorn: Colleen read the list, shook her head, and tucked it into Maggie's shirt pocket. She murmured something about toothpicks to Maggie and then said, "Tenure not reign, this isn't a monarchy" as she went outside to get herself together.

Ebon Ilnaren

Date: 2016-10-02 16:57 EST
Ebon Ilnaren: "Fair point, Colleen." Then he looked back at Francis. "Back to you for the next question, though I dare say you've already answered it, Mr. Collins. What are your thoughts on the Watch' Do you feel that it needs additional support and coordination, or that each precinct should operate relatively independently as it does now?"

Humanity First: "Should the communities deem the Watch as a valuable resource, then yes - they may support them however they wish. Coordination would be harder, as I've seen that each precinct is different in how they go about business. Some use blades, torches, and horses. Others use vehicles while armed with rifles. To ask for some coordination is possible, but for all of them to be on the same page" It is highly doubtful something like that would come to pass."

Ebon Ilnaren: That....was a surprisingly sane and lucid answer. "Katt?"

Renna Of The Dark: "It seemed to work so far!" She laughed. "Are you saying you are incapable of formalizing that?"

Ebon Ilnaren: So much for sanity and lucidity.

Katt Batten: "Who do most people call when there is a city issue" The Watch. I know many people of the Watch who do not like those few that use the position as watch for greed or power. They want to protect the people. A name many of you know, Brian Ravenlock, spent many year serving the city as a Watch member. Batten security is independantly ran, just like the Scathachian Sisters, Caelum Enterprises Security Division, and many others. I simply offered the idea to aid them to help deal with those few that give them a bad Katt Batten: reputation. They aren't vigilantes but rather civil servants. I do not see any issues with them running independantly and I think those that do an outstanding job despite the bad reps should commended for their efforts. It is a thankless job most of the time."

Ebon Ilnaren: He nodded and looked to the far end of thof the stage. "Ammy' Your thoughts?"

Ammy Spiritor: Ammy stood up straight a bit and considered what was said and asked. "Madness really. But okay. Thoughts on the Watch' Simple, they are the concerned citizens of this city that in all honesty have had it and want to make sure no one else has a rotten day. They are going off of common sense for a moral code in a lack of law and are doing the best they can to accomodate the public. Does this work all the time" Hell no' It's like throwing dixie cups of water on a fire. The various divisons of the Ammy Spiritor: Watch could use support and aid I believe, but I believe it is up to each city district that has divisions in them to assist those Watch areas to improve. They know the people working the Watch. They know the needs and would better handle the self governance of practice and corruption. To touch upon the lack off coordination and the distinct variance in equipment it is simple. Ammy Spiritor: Each Division most likely had their staff elected to their positions from within and many times communications fail simply due to egos, pride and territory. Just like how 'we are supposed to be diveded not united' in this city. As to the equipment, how many of you know people still residing here or that are new to this city that are scare of technology" Ammy Spiritor: If you arm and equip the Watch unilaterally with the same modern equipment, you may incite more attacks and fear then alleviate. If that Watch division is using older methods, then obviously it is working in the larger scheme public ease in that district. So I say let the Watch handle itself and let the districts of the city support each division." Ammy Spiritor: She nodded she was done, heart hammering in her chest a bit.

Ebon Ilnaren

Date: 2016-10-02 17:00 EST
((At this point Katt's player had to leave due to a RL situation, which was incorporated into the debate.))

Katt Batten: A beep sounded from her pocket and she turned her gaze down. Tugging the hand held pcui she looked over the screen, brows furrowed. "Excuse me.." Looking up she addressed Ebon first then the other two then eventually the crowd. "I am going to have to step out of the rest of the debate. Please excuse me but there is a..family emergency that requires me there. Ebon, please send me a transcript and any questions directed to me so I might give a public address to answer them." She was already making Katt Batten: for the edge of the stage.

Ammy Spiritor: Ammy nodded to Katt looking a little concerned to hear about the emergency.

Ebon Ilnaren: He raised an eyebrow, but nodded in understanding. "Of course." The mention of a family emergency for Katt brought only three names to mind, and he was concerned about all of them but he kept his cool. "Very well, next question....from an anonymous citizen. Immigration in Rhy'din has gone under-addressed for years. Will this continue to be so today under your Governorship?"

Humanity First: Francis watched as Katt headed from the stage. A neutral expression on his face. He then turned to the moderator.

Ebon Ilnaren: "Since it's just the two of you now, we'll alternate. Mr. Collins?"

Humanity First: "I, myself, am a refugee. Along with many within the community we have founded in the Dockside district. Immigration is a normality within this city. It is why this city has a Welcome Center, along with other community-driven charities that help those in need. This city is one of opportunity, where a refugee without a dime to his name can become a prominent business owner who lives in the tallest skyscraper in New Haven."

Ebon Ilnaren: He waited to see if Collins had any more to say.

Humanity First: He made gesture for the floor to be given to Ammy.

Ebon Ilnaren: Then he nodded to Ammy. "Your answer?"

Ammy Spiritor: "Like Mr. Collins, I too was a refugee and if it wasn't for Rhy'Din being open to all, some of my people would not have had the priviledge to come and flee politica violence and persecutions of their own in the home country. Granted predation by slavers meant I had to find a way to buy their freedoms first. I would not discourage immigration at all and would encourage programs to grant funds for living and setting up plots of land or reclaiming derilect areas of the city needing rebuilding." Ammy Spiritor: She nodded done.

Ebon Ilnaren

Date: 2016-10-02 17:05 EST
Ebon Ilnaren: Time to put the elephant in the room. "On a related note, racial tensions have become the hot topic of the day, and as we've seen," and here he nodded towards Francis, "they can frequently flare into violence. What steps would you take to curb such violent outbreaks?" Ebon Ilnaren: "Ammy first."

Mairead Harker: Maggie's hand met her forehead, yet another of her questions asked.

Ebon Ilnaren: Spying Maggie's gesture, he gave her an apologetic little smile.

Mairead Harker: She scratched another question of her list and gave Ebon a little smile in return.

22:22:29] Ammy Spiritor: Ammy's ears twitched as the question came out. She adjusted her stance a bit. "This is not entirely a simple matter at hand to answer or handle as I had opportunity to find out Wednesday night. Diversity can breed tension, its just life and how living and even unliving beings can be. Free will means free opinion. But when the opinion goes beyond thought and beyond words to harm . . ." she waved a hand to indicate Mr. Collins ". . . and injure people for simply speaking their minds, then it is a Ammy Spiritor: flawed opinion. The governor of this city has no power to tell the people to play nice, and be good little children. That is not the governors job nor can they enforce it. However, the governor can urge, instill and encourage the public to install areas that are safe zones for shelter. Zones where violence is not tolerated and dealt with by the keepers of those zones as they deem fit."

Ebon Ilnaren: He raised an eyebrow at that suggestion.

Ammy Spiritor: "The governor can encourage the public to learn from each other, learn how others are, how they think and behave. How to use common sense and to know when something may not be ideal to say or do. And when all else fails, hopefully the public has taken advantage of the only other tool the governor can use. Encouragement to learn how to defend yourself, teach your children to defend themselves and know how to read a bad situation and avoid it before it happens. Prevention is more effective than Ammy Spiritor: Reaction. We all have minds. We use them. And when people are hurt. We help them. I reached out and helped Humanity First through the Sword of Damocles Foundation and sent aide to the victims when I heard they were bombed. Why' They were victims and it was the right thing to do I felt. I would simply try to ask the people to do what they think is right and just think." She nodded she was done.

Ebon Ilnaren: "Thank you. Mr. Collins?"

Humanity First: "This is something which my party and I have spoken against. Seeking out confrontation to inflict violence is nothing more than barbarism and should not be tolerated by the communities that suffer from the onslaught. Ms. Spiritor is correct in the idea of self defense. I, myelf, have a daughter who is half-human," he then gestured to Will. "As Mr. Somnia has witnessed. To think of her being attacked for doing no harm other than to simply exist' It is appalling...But, there is one point that I do

Renna Of The Dark: "That aren't harmed by the communities you pretty much said have to fend for themselves not long ago..." She spoke out loud. A slow clap is given.

Humanity First: *And there is one point that I must thank Ms. Spiritor for. The aid offered by your foundation after the tragedy was well recieved, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for it."

Renna Of The Dark: "An independant donation..." She stood up. Gasping. "VIGILANTE!" She pointed to Ammy.

Wynn Whittaker: "Shut up for **** sake." He groaned at Renna.

Renna Of The Dark: "How DARE you go out of your way to help your fellow....man' Human' What is it you support again?" She looked ot Francis. Renna Of The Dark: She slowly cranked up a middle finger to Wynn. "Speak up, or shut up?"

Wynn Whittaker: "Ten minutes of research would tell you that you're spewing propaganda bull****, lady, so either stuff it or get out and let those of us intent on hearing them listen in peace."

Renna Of The Dark: "As a fellow half-human I am exercising my freedom of speech. Maybe," she indicated Francis, "his daughter has lesser rights than I do?"

PrlUnicorn: Collie grinned. Moxie, there it was.

Ebon Ilnaren: "Moving on...."

Wynn Whittaker: "And as a citizen of this city, I'm exercising my right to tell you to shut the **** up and let them talk."

Ammy Spiritor: Ammy regarded Renna a long moment. "I help whoever I chose because I am a Rhy'Dinian because my own country turned their back on me." she whispered to herself.

Renna Of The Dark: She sits down. "I am burned sir." She looked to Icer. Offering an arm. "Blow on this, Sister!"

Mairead Harker: The pint sized cork finally blew! "Will you please stop acting like naughty children and behave!"

Ebon Ilnaren: "Thank you, Maggie."

Renna Of The Dark: Mairead has spoken. She will shut up.

PrlUnicorn: She reached over and patted Maggie's hand.

Ammy Spiritor: Almah sat quietly as a synthetic Lupe would, holding the human Ruby recording the whole proceeding for Ammy's mates to enjoy over popcorn.

Humanity First: "And if your people are ever in need of aid, know that the UA and Humanity First will return the kindness." Though his words were more quiet as he turned from the mic and spoke to Ammy directly.

Ammy Spiritor: Ammy gave Collins a respectful bow.

Ebon Ilnaren

Date: 2016-10-02 17:10 EST
Ebon Ilnaren: "Next question, on the subject of aid in response to tragedy....do you support the expansion and organization of fire protection and emergency services in Rhy'din" Mr. Collins, I believe you go first this time."

Renna Of The Dark: "Independant organisations are..." She paused. She was warned. She bit her lower lip.

Humanity First: "I will begin to sound like a broken record at this point. If the communities in which they serve continue to seek their aid and support, then I see no issue with it."

Ebon Ilnaren: "So no substantial interaction between the different communities?" Yes, he was adding more. "If there were a massive fire tearing through Dockside, you wouldn't want the Old Temple station to lend their support in putting it out?"

Renna Of The Dark: Leans forward.

Humanity First: "In a perfect world such a thing would happen, but this is city has its flaws. You would be asking for some closed communities to open their gates and allow access within. They may have their own means to protect themselves from this hypothetical fire." He'd fold his hands atop the podium. "Now, to those who would like a more wide-range of support, then yes. If they come to agreements and see that they stand better in unity, then the damage suffered from the fire may be less. For my community, I would

Humanity First: accept the aid of Old Temple, along with any other district who came to the call, while also providing support as well."

Renna Of The Dark: "I am sorry but isn'tan independant act not sanctioned by your original proposed established government an act of vigilantism' So you are approving outside help beyond your control to help battle said hypothetical fire I may or may not start?" Renna Of The Dark: "Or do we wait for the political bull**** and let people die?"

PrlUnicorn: This time Collie pointed at Renna. "Turns."

Renna Of The Dark: Stands up. "It's fine. I am out. People with emotion are required for the position. Not those with idealistic views." She pointed to Ebon. "Sorry." She looked to Ammy. "Good luck." She flipped Francis the bird. "Spin on that." Renna Of The Dark: She moves out casually, saluting Icer.

Ammy Spiritor: "I was half expecting to disarm a bomb...." Ammy said leaning on an elbow half disappointed.

Mairead Harker: Maggie looked to Ammy. "I was thinking duct tape and a chair."

Ammy Spiritor: Seeing Renna leave with out violence and her mic on she stood up and cleared her throat a bit and sipped some water in a polite way to keep her muzzle shut.

Humanity First: "The idea that fire and medical emergancy departments should have unilateral power over the city as a whole and enter into communities is not a flawed ideal...but in communities of this city, that may take it as an attack on their sovereignty...and by doing so put the lives of these fire fighters and medics in danger."

Ebon Ilnaren: "Ammy, your thoughts on the question?"

Ammy Spiritor: "I support the organization of emergency services in the city as long as they are coordinated with every emergency service already out there doing their duty. It never hurts to have support when fires spread or disaster protocols are needed during epidemics or other city wide situations. For one I would like to see more pump boats added to help the Fire services battle fires from long range. I would not mind proposing to the public to vote installing or updating any city wide emergency alert

Ammy Spiritor: system that assists in giving citizens time enough to evacuate or prepare to help."

Ammy Spiritor: She nodded she was done.

Ebon Ilnaren

Date: 2016-10-02 17:11 EST
Ebon Ilnaren: He glanced to the clock. "Two more questions. First, what are your ideas for Rhy'din's educational system' Public schools or private academies?" Ebon Ilnaren: "Ammy?"

Ammy Spiritor: "The populace needs access to education as Mairead Harker mentioned last Town Meeting. They also need the financial tools to get the assistance to afford the education and supplies. As to whether I prefere Public or Private why can't their be both' Private schools do specialize, this is true and many that attend feel safer in them but there plenty that just want to read, write and know math, and a public education center can provide the essential core lessons people need to work. Ammy Spiritor: I think they can work together. Get the public open to the idea of education and if they have their basics need meet, so be it, they are happy, if they want more, offer the listings and help transferring them into the more specialized private schools. Also I think we really need to encourage the youth to really try to strive for something for their future." She said finishing her answers.

Ebon Ilnaren: "Mr. Collins?" Ebon Ilnaren: He suspected that he knew the gist of what Collins would say.

Mairead Harker: She gave Ammy a nod and a smile. They had talked about their ideas for better education in the city.

Humanity First: "Both. Be it a private orginization opening the doors to all those within the city, or communities banding together to create public establishments of learning for both children and adults to take part in so that they may grasp the fruit of extended knowledge for themselves. Through knowledge comes ways to help their communities grow and prosper. I have no issue with one or the other, as long as there is a chance for the population to futher themselves through study."

Ebon Ilnaren: That answer actually surprised and impressed him.

Ebon Ilnaren

Date: 2016-10-02 17:13 EST
Ebon Ilnaren: "Last question on the planned list, then....a bit light-hearted. In the past, Rhy'din has had intra-city sports leagues such as hockey or baseball. Would you lend your support to such teams returning to our city?" Pause. "And, if so, do you have any preferences?" Ebon Ilnaren: "If the candidates are willing, we can take some questions from the audience after this one." Ebon Ilnaren: "Mr. Collins first."

Humanity First: "I'm sure you already know my stance on the subject, Mr. Ilnaren. But as a community leader, I would not shy away from the idea of funding a soccer or hockey team, though my daughter may raise her voice and demand blitzball. If other communities are interested in involving themselves and creating a league, then there may be new entertainment coming to this city in the near future."

Ebon Ilnaren: At the mention of soccer, he grinned. "Thank you....Ammy?"

Ammy Spiritor: Ammy's tail actually swished hearing this answer. "Hell yes!" She said and brought her excitement back down a few notches. "More than happy to see community fun and team building in any sport suggested. I lean a bit heavy to Rugby like sports given its close to our own cultures game." She smiled with a nod being done with her answer.

Ebon Ilnaren

Date: 2016-10-02 17:16 EST
((and the wrap-up!))

Humanity First: He then looked to Ebon. "I apologize, but I will not be able to answer any questions. Humanity First has offered the people of this city to write both openly and privately to us with any concerns or questions they may have. I ask that those in this hall with questions to please use this service...A response will come as fast as possible."

Mairead Harker: "We want answers from you not your assistant!"

Ebon Ilnaren: He looked from Maggie to Francis, mildly amused.

Humanity First: "I've spoken of her briefly, but my daughter has returned from space and I have been unable to visit with her beyond passing conversations. I would very much like to spend the rest of the night with her before she leaves to Stars End. I am sure many here understand the importance of family."

Ammy Spiritor: Ammy listened a bit. "I am open to any questions brought up tonight." she said simply to state intent.

Mairead Harker: "Then you will be answering personally to submitted questions" I'm good with that."

Humanity First: He then looked to Mairead. "If the question is asked to me directly and not the party as a whole, then yes."

Ammy Spiritor: A glance to Collins and she nodded and with a tilt of her head to indicate her human daughter Ruby sitting in the arms of Almah in the crowd. "One of mine is here but family is vital."

PrlUnicorn: She leaned and murmured something to Maggie. "Yes." Then to Collins. "I understand the importance of family quite well, Maggie is my granndaughter. I hope your visit with your daughter is a good one."

Mairead Harker: "I'll send it .....them in." Mairead Harker: Maggie smiled at Ammy. "You already answered all the questions I had for you." She looked to Ebon. "I have something I'd like to say for adding to the transcript."

Ebon Ilnaren: "Go right ahead, Maggie."

Humanity First: "I would like to thank Mr. Ilnaren for hosting this debate, and to both Ms. Batten and Ms. Spiritor for their involvement in this election." His shoulder rose as he gripped at the podium. Lips began to thin a touch, though he set his jaw and forced himself to stand straight once more.

Mairead Harker: "This question is for Katt and since she's not here, she can answer when she's able. 'Ms. Batten, you have stated that if elected you would like to bring back the Advisory Council. Would those positions be strictly by appointment or would interested parties be able to request or apply for a position on that council"' " Mairead Harker: "That's it."

Ebon Ilnaren: He nodded to her. "Good question."

Ammy Spiritor: Ammy watched Collins with a bit of concern. She leaned over to him, mic off for the moment to quietly ask. "Will you be able to leave without trouble" Do you have transportation for you and your men?"

PrlUnicorn: She watched Collins. Ya all right, there, Frankie?"

Ebon Ilnaren: "You're welcome." To Francis.

Humanity First: "I'm fine. Simply an old war wound." Said in a quiet tone to the Lupe while hovering a hand in front of the mic. "Nothing of much concern, I assure you." It seemed Ammy had not been the only one concerned, as the two who entered with Francis had started toward the stage — though were stopped by a simple side-wave of the hand. Francis left the podium and paused beside it to press a hand to his chest and offer the small crowd a single bow of his head. "Now if all of you will excuse me." He then Humanity First: turned to leave the stage, only to be followed closely by the two members of his party. They did their part to act as a buffer to shield the vision of him as he disappeared through the door.

Mairead Harker: She watched as Francis and Co. left. "I think he just learned that we're not the monsters he might have thought we were."

Ammy Spiritor: Ammy nodded watching him leave. She leaned on the podium for several minutes looking tired and she sipped thankfully at that water.

Ebon Ilnaren: Smiling to Ammy, he stepped down from the stage. Ebon Ilnaren: "Well....thank you all for coming tonight. I'm sorry that it ran longer than I'd expected."

Katt Batten

Date: 2016-10-03 04:10 EST
Moving up to the stage she glanced to the side as the nearby camera took a few photos. Dressed in black slacks and a white blouse, she looked a bit tired but calm under the limelight. She didn't particularly like the limelight...

Clearing her throat into the mic she reached a hand out to gesture for those present to sit. A handful of reporters were there as well as their camera men.

"I thank you for coming down here tonight and I apologize to everyone for my abrupt leave the night of the debate."

One reporter raised a hand as soon as the statement was made and she grunted at the mic. "No, I will not be answering questions about the emergency. I am here tonight to give my reply to the questions that the people had but were not present to address."

Clearing her throat again she started by reading the first question:

"Immigration in Rhy'din has gone under-addressed for years. Will this continue to be so today under your Governorship?"

"Rhy'din is a city for all to travel in and out of. I have seen the years where we have taken refugees from other cities due to wars or conflicts. Immigration isn't really an issue in the city as it is open and welcomes any who wishes to live here. The nexus has, and continues, to draw people from other places. What would we do' Turn these people at the gate" Of course not. This is why we have the Welcome Center and people who are willing to help. I do not see myself changing anything to cause ill to our travelers or people who wish to take root here. If anything I would like to put something into place that will help those who end up here - refugees, travelers, or a person spat here by the nexus."

"Racial tensions have become the hot topic of the day, and as we've seen, they can frequently flare into violence. What steps would you take to curb such violent outbreaks?"

"Sadly racial tensions are only one of the hate crimes that seem to spring up. Normally when a group sees something going on they feel they need to jump in to cause a scene. I'm going to say simply what I tell everyone when it comes to ones race, special abilities, etc. You should never judge a person by what they are. Categorizing people just because they were born into a race or with special abilities is wrong. A person isn't born with the choice to be what they are or what they come into. A person should be judged for what they say and what their actions are.

Now to address the question.

Unfortunately, it isn't an issue that is easily dealt with. Race is just one of those...hate crimes we deal with. I would like to start with going to the clinics, hospitals, and places of sanctuary to make sure that they open their doors to all. I would like to make them publicly known as well as places a person can go for self-defense classes. I have been teaching such classes for years now and I will be making that, and any who wish to have their own classes broadcast, brought to more attention. Regardless if I win or not, I plan on making sure that safe havens are welcoming and that people are warned not to travel alone and try to be within numbers. Some issues will have to be dealt with as they happen, for those I cannot speak on until they have happened."

"Do you support the expansion and organization of fire protection and emergency services in Rhy'din?"

"If they wish to expand, I would of course support it. I would ask what I could do aid, if anything at all. That is something that I would, of course, leave up to them."

What are your ideas for an expansion of Rhy'din's educational system' Public or private"

"I would like to see the schools being more acknowledged. I never went to school myself....but I see many schools in Rhy'din and not many know of them. So the first step would be to get those out more. Secondly, I'd like to fund a sort of tutoring system to where people can apply for a position of going to homes and teaching those who cannot afford or cannot make it to schools for one reason or another. These people would be hand picked for the task as it won't be an easy one and of course for the safety of both the people and the students."

In the past, Rhy'din has had intra-city sports leagues such as hockey or baseball. Would you lend your support to such teams returning to our city"

"I wasn't aware they left...I thought it was a seasonal thing. If they want to return and start their leagues again I don't see why I would object. People enjoy watching them and of course in some cases joining them. I think it would be fun to see some of the teams out again. I did enjoy a few games in the past..."

"Ms. Batten, you have stated that if elected you would like to bring back the Advisory Council. Would those positions be strictly by appointment or would interested parties be able to request or apply for a position on that council?"

Maggie's question gave her pause. "I have given that much thought and while the council will not be as big as it has been in the past, it will be by my judgement who I pick. It will be a process and of course those that wish to request or apply for the position may do so, if I am elected. After a period I will start going through the process of meeting each person, having a sit down and a private talk. Only after each person has had their say will I make my choice. I will admit there is two in mind that I would like to ask if they would step in but they would have to go through an appointment just like anyone else."

Closing her folder with the questions she looked up to the cameras and the reporters. "During this time I would like to extend that if anyone has any concerns or questions, they are welcome to find me or leave a message at Batten Tower with their question, concerns, or even a wish to speak with me in person." She paused briefly before scooping up the folder. "That is all. Thank you for your time and coming this evening."

With that stepping away from the podium...