Topic: 2016 RhyDin Gubernatorial Election

RhyDin Counting House

Date: 2016-09-07 18:37 EST
http://www.teachthevote.org/blog-content/uploads/2016/02/ThinkstockPhotos-505593506_Election2016.jpg

2016 RhyDin Gubernatorial Election

RhyDin needs a few good (and evil) men, women, and everyone-in-between to stand up and throw their hat into the ring for the 2016 Governor Elections! Think you've got what it takes" Are you ready to kiss more babies than you ever thought existed in RhyDin" Are you ready to answer all of those intimate questions about your personal life in media interviews" Do you have some skeletons in your closet that you're ready to have unleashed into the public, literally or metaphorically"

Submit your name to the RhyDin Counting House and enter the race of your life!

OOC Notes: Candidates must private message their intentions to run to the RhyDin Counting House with the character they wish to be placed on the ballot for the 2016 Gubernatorial Election. One character candidate per player, please. Candidate names will be collected from September 10th through 11:59pm RhyDin Time (EST) on Sunday, September 18th and will be officially announced on Monday. But don't wait until then to begin your campaigning. Start now! Candidates are encouraged to post here with their intentions to run, their open letters to the public, their event schedules, etc. The "general public" is welcome to contribute here, too. To post your OOC comments, check out the Gubernatorial Election 2016 OOC thread.

Andu Kirost

Date: 2016-09-07 19:15 EST
::Seeing the posters about the election, Andu sets his "minions" to work plastering the RTS trains and station with posers.:: ANDU KIROST FOR GOVENOR!!!!

Mairead Harker

Date: 2016-09-08 13:04 EST
Family and friends were putting up posters at various places in the city.

http://cfc.polyvoreimg.com/cgi/img-set/.sig/dCOcVG9vkLpeEOfp3pxhg/cid/207566402/id/6PriE_Z15hGLNjoFE83bcg/size/c600x601.jpg

Maggie had a radio and TV spot as well as a notice in the local papers:

My name is Mairead Harker. Most people call me Maggie. I'm running for Governor of Rhydin because I believe that all who live here deserve to be treated equally regardless of where they were born or what type being they are. I believe that for every good thing we do, more comes from it.

Two years in a row, I have arranged the sponsors and set up, and have been the hostess for the Rhydin Children's Day Events. Unofficially, we had Children's Week! The children of Rhydin will eventually grow up to be the ones running the place. It's my belief that they deserve the best start possible including a decent education and health care. Children and adults should be encouraged to be comfortable with who they are and not shamed for nor ashamed of being different.

While the title of Baron/Baroness of Old Market might not mean anything to people outside of the Rhydin Sports Network and their fans, it gave me an opportunity to do a few things to benefit the people of that district including an urgent care center and emergency shelter. I'd like to see that happen in every district of the city.

Naysayers are probably saying, "What does she know, she's a ten year old kid?" My answer to that is I know enough to know that people can't help what race or species they were born and don't deserve to be punished for it.

All I'm asking for is a chance. Thank you!

Humanity First

Date: 2016-09-08 14:05 EST
Francis Collins, decorated war hero of sector-IV and leader of the Humanity First movement, announces his upcoming run for Governor of Rhydin.

http://i.imgur.com/jx14cUQ.jpg

The Humanity First Platform

All humans have the right to exist: no matter their gender, creed, sexual orientation, or color. All humans have the right to prosper and grow. Anything that stands against this truth is the enemy.

Multispecism is a flaw. The enemy of humanity is the xeno, the fae, the elf, the demon, the dragon. Humanity risks extinction by allowing ourselves to collude with lesser species as if they are our equals. Only by rising above and ruling over the lesser species will humanity gain peace and prosperity.

Half-Humans are second class citizens, but are considered above non-humans. They have their place in a pro-human world and are seen as a testament of humanity conquering the lesser species.

Katt Batten

Date: 2016-09-09 17:19 EST
http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab276/kattstrife/2016elections_zpsuces55tn.jpg

WillSomnia

Date: 2016-09-09 17:31 EST
On his way to report in for the morning's guard shift, Will was feeling more hungover than he had in a long time. As he passed a bulletin board, something caught his eye and brought him to a screeching halt. Among the campaign fliers was a photocopy of a handwritten note on a bar napkin, blown up to the standard 8.5"x11" size. Do you like your city the way it is" Do you think corporations should stay out of government' Do you believe we can all get along just fine" Then vote for me! As your governor I promise to mind my own business and leave you to yours. I will also cut 99% of my salary and put it back into the city. Yeah!

—————-William Somnia—————— —————-Governor 2016!<——-<<<

———S T A Y T H E C O U R S E.——-

Murrel says we need more whiskey.:grin: And cheese. Why am I writing this here,I'm running out of room on this napk

"Oh god..." Will muttered as he looked down the sidewalk, more copies tacked up along the way. "What have I done?"

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2016-09-10 12:00 EST
Tacked up with care by Fleety and the help of their deaf daughter Ruby, simple posters were going up alongside the many others that were running for governor this year. They both smiled and gave fist bumps seeing their candidate on display.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93832244/Ammy-For-Gov-1-300.jpg

On the bottom of the posters was a physical address for all to write inquiries, questions or make personal visits to speak with Ammy. Her Campaign Head Quarters is located in the Alchemist's Fire Complex in the Market District. Listed on the posters as well was a cell phone number 888-222-AMMY. She will be gladly take all calls and text messages sent to that number by all until the results of the elections are known.

*To be sent out for the Monday papers and radio broadcasts, was a photo of Ammy working away in her laboratory in the Alchemist's Fire Complex while speaking up once in a while to a boom mic:*

Among varied noises of grinding and the clinks of glass and tapping of metal pots was heard the transcript by radio and read by paper.

"I know many have questions to ask me. Maybe the most peculiar one is why I am running for Governor" Well I'll assure you times for questions will be coming very soon when I'm not flitting about in a restrictive area that can be harmful to untrained professionals.

As to why I am running" Well that is not a simple answer at all but I will try to my best . . . pass the silica please and don't spill the night wisps . . . I run because I value and like the fact that Rhy'din has always been a unique place of individuality while being at times being a broken family that can enjoy unity when push comes to shove.

I'd love to see the realm and this city continue to flourish as such and hear more from everyone that lives here about what they want to help make it the place for them and their individual needs. No small task, quite complicated, but anything done with patience and care can be accomplished.

I have children and grandchildren born here and I'd love to see them have the same chances to do what they'd like to do just as you all have to thrive and be unique. Won't you join me in rolling up some sleeves a bit and bringing in some understanding to the upcoming year?

I am Ammy Spiritor . . . gentle with that stirring Mary . . . and I'd like to be your Governor."

The Manchurian Cantaloupe

Date: 2016-09-10 16:21 EST
All of a sudden, littered over Rhy'Din City, would be banners advertising the candidacy of Donald John Drumpf for Governor.

http://i.imgur.com/7cegiqr.png

He promised to, quite simply, make Rhy'Din great again by mass deportation of all creatures that are not fully human and all those not born in Rhy'Din, as well as building a wall and making Mt. Yasuo pay for it.

Aura and Mura

Date: 2016-09-18 17:11 EST
https://s21.postimg.org/dfjnnjlfr/images.jpg

Pancakes is love.

Love is pancakes.

PANCAKES!

Cianan

Date: 2016-09-19 20:30 EST
http://i.imgur.com/UItYhkr.jpg

Cianan was late, as he was helping people out with some things. Either way, considered or not, he was still going to hang up some posters.

They could totally do worse, after all.

Stephen Colbert

Date: 2016-09-22 11:09 EST
Hello, Nexus.

Some people might call me a late edition to this years Gubernatorial race, but I've actually just been biding my time to show my good sportsmanship in making sure all the other candidates were in.

Now, I can hear you saying - or it could be the voices in my head - why would I bother to even run, why didn't I just put my name in at the beginning and avoid the costly electoral process by winning through acclimation, as no one would even consider running against me.

Well Nexus heroes, and all you other simple folk, let me tell you right now. I believe so strongly in democracy that I didn't want there to be riots in the street as some villain (not you regular villains - we're cool) would undoubtedly stuff the ballot box in an attempt to prevail against me, and circumvent the mighty sword and shield of freedom that my candidacy would bring to the multiverse, a sword and shield that have been diligently poised to descend in dramatic fashion against the corruption that festers within the heart of this town (not you Ebon, we're good; still on for lunch this Saturday I hope").

That being said, in the interest of fairness and in order to give the other candidates a fair chance of winning, I will only be running in the West End as a 'favored son'.

Heroes (and villains - I don't play favorites, except when it comes to Primetime television; check out CBS late nights, their new Late Show guy is really hot), I don't want you to despair. Even though I'm only running in the West End, I think we can all agree that the chances of me losing are slim.

After all, we don't live in some world where if we don't get the chance to elect the old, sensible Jewish man - I mean - person we love the most, we arbitrarily choose to elect the most bigoted, fear mongering, lying candidate we can find just out of pure protest, when we have a perfectly serviceable - if lackluster - candidate waiting in the wings.

I mean, what kind of reality would we be living in if that were the case"