Topic: 2018 RhyDin Gubernatorial Election

RhyDin Counting House

Date: 2018-08-25 00:15 EST
http://www.masoncountypress.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/election-2018.jpg

2018 RhyDin Gubernatorial Election

RhyDin needs a few good....and evil....men, women, and everyone in-between to stand up and throw their hat into the ring for the 2018 Governor Elections!

Think you've got what it takes"

Are you ready to answer all those intimate questions about your personal life"

Are you ready to kiss more babies in RhyDin than you thought existed"

Do you have some skeletons in your closet you're ready to have unleashed into the public, literally or metaphorically'

Submit your name to the RhyDin Counting House!

OOC: Candidates must private message this account with the character screen name they are wishing to be placed on the ballot for the 2018 Primary Poll. Please keep in mind, if not many characters enter, there may not be a Primary and instead all candidates will automatically go into the Final Election round. One character candidate per player, please. Character names will be collected from August 25th through September 2nd at 11pm EST. Candidates are also encouraged to post their intentions to run in this thread as well as any stories, etc. Feel free to post any letters to the candidates and links to election related storylines here. For all OOC related posts, I would like to direct you to the RhyDin Election OOC Thread or the OOC thread for this year's election.

Lyneth Granger

Date: 2018-08-26 10:56 EST
https://i.imgur.com/lhkWNcU.jpg

Growed ups make all the decisions and they're not fun no more. So we're going to make it fun again! Me, Lynnie Granger, and Peter Pan - only he's Peter Radcliffe now 'cos of being updropted - will do fun things like Ice Cream Parties and no more orphans and Hide and Seek and all the fun stuff the growed ups forgot how to do. And everyone under twelve what gets their growed ups to vote for us will learn how to fly!

Vote for Lyneth + Peter - making Rhy'Din FUN again!

Sister Cecilia

Date: 2018-08-26 20:45 EST
https://78.media.tumblr.com/87be5ef896d8bfa0ec4a5fa4d1d44ded/tumblr_pe3gnwuvgm1turks6o1_500.jpg _______________________________________________

Letter of His Holiness Pope Benedictus IV of Earth-Realm 268 For the True Believers of His Word

Corruption and degeneracy festers not within the shadows but the light of day. Gone are the days of the righteous. Affronts to the Lord our God infect our children like a sickness as it plays out in the mock theater of a society growing evermore blind.

Woe be the pure of heart, yet even you - the pure - allow the taint the spread. It is not the time to hide and wait, as salvation will only come to those who prove themselves to The Lord by doing his work. A sickness must be purged and it is on you, the True Believers of his Word, to cast aside the plague of society and heal this wounded body that is our world.

Burn away all that is lost. It is by fire that this world and all others will be healed.

There's no need for flowery words, I'll leave that to His Holiness. The street is full of sinners and we need to get back to business. Grab your pitchforks, load your rifles, light up some torches, we got witches to burn and demons to exorcise. Those of you unable to stomach the work that needs to be done but wish to be within His Holiness good graces and gain salvation to the Holy Sanctum of Heaven, vote for I, one of His Fury, to take on the task of becoming this corrupt city's Governor-Inquisitor so that the reach of His Word may stretch throughout this cesspool of degeneracy.

- Sister Cecilia of The Old Temple Neo-Catholic Sisterhood & Church

Rhiannon Brock

Date: 2018-08-31 10:17 EST
Added to the announcements for gubernatorial candidates:

I'm tossing the proverbial hat into the ring as a candidate for Governor of the city of Rhydin.

My husband, Eregor, and I live in this city. We are raising our family here. Every person in Rhydin has different ideas of what?s needed and what priority they should have. No matter their age, race, or gender, they have the right to express those opinions. While I'm capable of reading minds, it's not something a person in public office should have to do to learn what changes people hope to see.

I'm not afraid of hard work. I served on the Governor's Advisory Council, during Fionna Helston's time in office, as a representative of Battlefield Park and later for the city at large. I have a lot of my own ideas on what?s needed. Improved health care and emergency services are still needed in some districts, but I have no doubt the current Governor will continue that project as a private citizen. Road improvements among other things were done during Ebon Ilnaren's terms in office.

What's my platform' To aid the citizens of Rhydin as best I can.

https://i.imgur.com/7h7UTgN.jpg

Pharlen

Date: 2018-08-31 14:57 EST
https://i.imgur.com/GdeZKy7.jpg

"Mum, you're out of your mind," Jackie noted sagely as she watched her mother calmly toss her proverbial hat into the ring.

"That is the point, darling," Pharlen responded.

RhyDin Counting House

Date: 2018-09-02 23:55 EST
A formal notice was posted outside the RhyDin Counting House:

Good luck to the 2018 Gubernatorial Candidates: Lyneth Granger and Peter Radcliffe Sister Cecilia Rhiannon Brock Tur Gairdin Pharlen Von Tombs

OOC: This year, there will only be one formal election with all four candidates. Details coming soon. As always, watch the Playables.

Anubis Karos

Date: 2018-09-03 09:25 EST
Governor MacLeod,

If you can find the time to speak to a very old friend, I would appreciate it. I feel that I can find a way to finesse any issues you may have of punishing the renegade female monks and avoiding the appearance of interference in the election. Perhaps a negotiable amount of silver can be deposited at a rendezvous, and mayhaps some arrested nuns are taken off your hands. Do consider. When the overly righteous are forced to embrace the fears and desires they bury within their souls, the results are very exquisite.

~Anubis Karos

PrlUnicorn

Date: 2018-09-04 04:25 EST
Lord Karos,

You are most welcome to come by the Governor's office tomorrow morning. You might find it interesting to know that my granddaughter, Maggie, and I were just discussing, among other things, a catastrophic event in Terran history; the great fire that destroyed the library of Alexandria. The destruction of books is a loss to all of us in the city. However, the presence of a Wicker Man and citizens having gone missing speak of atrocities that far outweigh the crime of arson.

Colleen MacLeod-Fenner Governor of Rhydin

RhyDin Counting House

Date: 2018-09-13 22:56 EST

http://youthvote.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/youth-vote.png

Voting for this year's Gubernatorial Election is scheduled to be held Friday, September 21st to Sunday, September 23rd.

RhyDin Counting House

Date: 2018-09-24 17:21 EST

Congratulations to the 2018 Governor, Pharlen Von Tombs!

http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php"t=33326