Topic: 2019 RhyDin Gubernatorial Election

RhyDin Counting House

Date: 2019-09-01 20:12 EST
https://www.denverpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/ElectionLogo19H.png

2019 RhyDin Gubernatorial Election

RhyDin needs a few good (and evil) men, women, and everyone-in-between to stand up and throw their hat into the ring for the 2019 Governor Elections! Think you've got what it takes" Are you ready to kiss more babies than you ever thought existed in RhyDin" Are you ready to answer all of those intimate questions about your personal life in media interviews" Do you have some skeletons in your closet that you're ready to have unleashed into the public, literally or metaphorically"

Submit your name to the RhyDin Counting House and enter the race of a lifetime, or in many citizens' cases, the race of one of their lifetimes!

OOC Notes: If they have not yet, candidates must private message their intentions to run to the RhyDin Counting House with the character they wish to be placed on the ballot for the Gubernatorial Election. One character candidate per player, please. Candidate names will be collected starting now until 11:59pm RhyDin Time (EST) on Sunday, September 8th. But don't wait until then to begin your campaigning. Start now! Candidates are encouraged to post here with their intentions to run, their open letters to the public, their event schedules, etc. The general public is welcome to contribute here, too.

Eralke Willowmire

Date: 2019-09-02 10:25 EST
The green-eyed elf continued planning with her team, "What are other possible candidate issues?"

The drow spoke up first, "Other races."

"Good," Eralke responded. "Obviously, I would have to relate that I was fully accepting of all races. What else?"

The half orc contributed, "Magic users. That's been some controversy in the past."

"Fair point. Well, I don't think the registration suggestion ever goes over well. I believe it would best described as only those who have proved to be a known threat would have to be monitored for a time."

"Similar to house arrest or something like that?" the human asked their leader.

"Yes, but they would have to remain in RhyDin and it would just be temporary."

"Probationary," Eralke's primary adviser corrected.

"Yes, probationary, thank you," the half-elf said with a humble smile. "I think that's a good start for now."

Her small election team nodded and added subtle agreements.

"Ok, then let's go get me signed up to be Governor," Eralke said with a smile.

Tricksy

Date: 2019-09-03 10:48 EST
The halfling read the announcement with much interest. "Governor? hm' That has possibilities, imagine that."

She thought of the things she could do and the things she could get away with. Yeah, this could be a good opportunity. She made up her mind and walked to the RhyDin Counting House to submit her name. I mean, why not'

Mat

Date: 2019-09-04 21:02 EST
"They're actually holding an election?" Mat snorted, his gold eye drifting over the parchments on his desk without looking up at his man who delivered the news. "I'm surprised. Will the city even trust a new Governor after being abandoned by their last...?"

His heavy fingers drummed against the oak desktop.

Sitting back, he crossed his arms over his chest and finally looked at his compatriot standing patiently in the doorway.

"Send in word. Matok Kharr will be running."

Peter Radcliffe

Date: 2019-09-08 11:10 EST
An elf, a halfling, and an orc. Er, half-orc ....whatever that was. Those were the candidates for governor, so far - or so Peter's fairy had told him.

"No, no, no!" Peter insisted, stomping a sneaker-clad foot on the ground to emphasize his point, arms crossed stubbornly across his chest. "I will not run for gov'nor again, so you can't be my sexy-tarry," he told the tiny chirping ball of light that was almost always flickering near his shoulder. "Lynnie and me ran for gov'nor last year, and no one took us seriously. Besides, I'm too busy with school now."

He paused to hear what his companion had to say, frowning a little bit sadly. "Yes, I know I was Prince of Neverland. I know I'm the best candy-date for the job, but Papa says running Rhy'Din is a full-time job, and I don't want a job. Jobs are for grown-ups. Jobs are like work," he explained to his fairy, scowling at the very thought of work. Of course, it never occurred to him that school was work. School was just something kids were expected to do, and it was fun most of the time, except when he had homework because there was that word again.

The fairy kept on chirping, until Peter shooed her away with the wave of a hand, like one might a mosquito.

"Stop calling him Hook! He's Papa now. He's not a pirate. He doesn't even have a hook anymore!" Peter reasoned, as if the hook was the only thing that had ever made his adoptive father a pirate. Never mind the fact that he wouldn't have had a hook at all, if Peter hadn't cut off his hand; but all of that was ancient history as far as Peter was concerned. The memory of it had become foggy, like a dream upon awakening, the tendrils of it slipping away with the light of day. It hardly mattered anymore. 

A smile slowly crept across the boy's face, as the fairy reminded him of something else. "Being gov'nor would have been an awfully big adventure," he agreed with a shrug and a sigh. What was done was done. Easy come, easy go. He wasn't the type to dwell on the past, good or bad. His adoptive mother had said life was too short for that, but he wasn't really sure what that meant. He didn't know when he'd been born, but he knew it had been a long time ago. His mother had told him he had a long life still ahead of him, and he had no reason not to believe her, so he didn't worry about it too much. Growing up would be an awfully big adventure, but he wasn't going to run for governor. Not now, not ever.

Or at least, not until next year.

"Come on, Snow!" he called to his fairy, summoning her back into his good graces. (Tink had sadly died back in Neverland, but Snowdrop was his new fairy, and she was almost as much fun as the old one.) "Let's go look for frogs! I promised Lynnie I'd find one for her."

And with that, the boy who had decided to grow up skipped off into the woods, his fairy companion flickering along at his side, the matter of governor forgotten ....for now.

((To be clear, Peter is NOT running for governor. I just couldn't resist posting this. It's just for fun!))

RhyDin Counting House

Date: 2019-09-09 09:16 EST
A notice had been posted outside the RhyDin Counting House to announce the candidates.

Good luck to the 2019 Gubernatorial Candidates:

Eralke Willowmire
Tricksy
Matok Kharr

((OOC: Election tentatively scheduled to be held September 27th to 29th. I apologize for the delay, which was my fault.))

RhyDin Counting House

Date: 2019-09-30 19:32 EST
Headlines and scrolling news-tickers across RhyDin announced:

Congratulations to the 2019 RhyDin Governor,
Therexamina Portia Underbough, also known as Tricksy!

((OOC: Tricksy lead with 57.1% of the vote, Matok Kharr followed with an impressive 28.6% of the vote, and Eralke Willowmire placed with 14.3% of the vote. Thank you to all of our amazing candidates! Feel free to see the results by logging on and clicking here.))