Topic: Election 2007

Amaltea

Date: 2007-01-29 12:05 EST
The booths are set up, the ballots are ready. It's election day!!

These are your candidates. You have heard them talk, you know their position on the very important issues that plague RhyDin today. You know them all, some personally. Cast your vote today for the candidate that you think will do the best job for RhyDin!

May the best person win!

The booths will remain open until the 31st.

(( Please vote in one forum only, not both. Thank you for your cooperation. ))

Amaltea

Date: 2007-01-29 12:41 EST
Note: Due to the upcoming season and time constraints, the Easter Bunny has regretfully withdrawn his nomination.

Tentacles and Tophats

Date: 2007-01-29 14:50 EST
Wot, no "we don't want no steeenking governor" option?

Imp

Date: 2007-01-29 18:53 EST
Imp! Imp! He's your man!!

Talomar Longden

Date: 2007-01-29 19:43 EST
Looks to his assistant campaign manager, "Make a note that for my Gubernatorial Celebratory Dinner, all guests will be served calamari made from Tentacles and Tophats."

"Yes, sir! Calamari from Tentacles and Tophats. You've got it!"

Tera Destre

Date: 2007-01-30 03:35 EST
P'Imp RhyDin!!!

Talomar Longden

Date: 2007-01-30 12:06 EST
Hears Queen Tera Starfare promoting the Imp, a creature with no balls.

Decides that after he wins the election, he'll make the Queen into a "Dairy Queen".

Kitty Helston

Date: 2007-01-30 13:26 EST
Is seen running through the streets waving around a huge banner that reads..

"Don't Forget to VOTE!"

and of course her "Vote for Kitty!" button is on too.

Tasslehofl

Date: 2007-01-30 13:30 EST
Is running after Kitty waving clothes.

"You forgot to put these on!"

He caught sight of some of those who hadn't vote yet making up their mind at the streaking Kitty and he stopped.

"Eh...guess that helps in the publicity."

He grinned and just walked after her this time.

Gavilean

Date: 2007-01-30 14:38 EST
He grabs the clothes from Tass to make sure they never make it to Kitty, then starts his "campaigning".

"DON'T vote for IMP, he calls Tass and me 'womens'

"DON'T vote for Talomar, he....well, he's BIG!

"DON'T vote for Kitty, she always says I'm late!

"DON'T vote for, ummm...who's left' G and Ilyona.

"Vote for Ilyona!! She's prettier!"

Tasslehofl

Date: 2007-01-30 14:45 EST
He stopped as the clothes were stolen, then stood and listened to Gav and blinked.

"You just said not to vote for Ilyona, then you said to vote for her. Make up your mind!"

Gavilean

Date: 2007-01-30 14:47 EST
"Opps!"

::grins::

"Vote for Tass....he's pretty too!!"

Shauri

Date: 2007-01-30 15:42 EST
Coming out of the voting booth, she overheard the conversation between Gav and Tass. THE look was given to the two before her gaze shifted to catch sight of Kitty. Her eyes widened.

"Oh my ..."

Being magically inclined, she quickly augmented a spell and cast it at Kitty, which apparently had Kitty wearing clothes again, if Kitty didn't try to bounce away from it.

Sha'uri returned her gaze back to Gav and Tass. She didn't know either of them, but recognized Gav from public display in the media.

"Vote for Tass....he's pretty too!!"

That had her laughing! Shaking her head to Gav's comment, she glanced over Tass.

"Eh....Nope. He's not pretty....Now, you might be pretty, Gav but this guy' No way. Cute maybe, but not pretty. "

Shining up her *Vote for Kitty* button, she winked to Tass and walked off with a chuckle, still shaking her head and muttering.

"Men."

Gavilean

Date: 2007-01-30 18:49 EST
He blinked and watched her walk off, thumbs tucked into his belt.

"Ya hear that, Tass. She thinks I'm pretty. You're just cute. Pretty is at a higher level than cute. It says that in the "Men's Handbook" that women have never seen."

He gave a curt nod for emphasis.

"Maybe I should vote for ME!"

Tasslehofl

Date: 2007-01-30 18:52 EST
He watched her walk off and then grinned, looking to Gav.

"No, no, no....you've got it backwards. Cute is higher up and Pretty in the Handbook. Pretty goes along the lines of women, so that means your more womanish, Gav."

He reached up and gave Gav's shoulder a pat.

"I'm sorry. I'd vote for you still....if I hadn't voted already."

Imp

Date: 2007-01-30 20:19 EST
Feh, you all have it wrong!

Womens are pretty. Girls are cute.

::gets all suave::

I'm da P'Imp. I'm da womens choice. ::waggles his eyebrows::

BlackSpartan

Date: 2007-01-31 02:24 EST
Kage steps out of the voting booth, and watches as Kitty pulls her last-second publicity stunt, and shakes his head. He pulls out a huge banner that reads:

"Vote Illyona for a better Rhy'din!" in bold red letters.

Satisfied with his handiwork, he starts passing out Illyona For Govnernor buttons to everyone in sight.

Talomar Longden

Date: 2007-01-31 15:38 EST
After "eliminating" a few residents who were not going to vote for him, he walked slowly up and down the line of those who were intending to cast their vote.

"Vote for me, Count Talomar Longden, for Governor!" he said in a voice that could not be ignored.

"I'm the only candidate who can actually bring more excitement, romance and adventure to Rhy'Din," he continued, looking over those in line.

"Without me there wouldn't have been an election, for no one would have known or cared about it. I'm the only candidate who can make your life in Rhy'Din a more interesting place to be. A vote for me is a vote against the mediocrity of our times. Give me a year to show you how fine Rhy'Din can be."

He noticed two people who had been wearing buttons for other candidates quickly remove those buttons.

He smiled.

G

Date: 2007-01-31 23:25 EST
He heard the opposing candidate making a rather loud proclamation stating "Without me, there wouldn't be an election."

G'nort laughed and shook his head, quick to inform others who gave him quizzical looks.

"No, He was the second candidate. Even the Oracle reported that. Without me, there wouldn't have been an election and no one would have thought to run for office."

"I'll grant that him being the second to run made it more interesting, and the backlash between our 'debates' caused the other candidates to come about. But I felt it was necessary to correct a line which was obviously not true."

"Now, I still recommend that those who wish to vote, please do so before time is up, as it almost is. And vote for the candidate you feel will best represent your needs and interests. Don't be scared into voting for someone, vote because you believe in someone."

A few of the passersby and a couple reporters were seen nodding their heads in agreement.

Ilyona

Date: 2007-02-01 00:07 EST
She shook her head listening.

"Of course there is something to be said for the egotistical." She stated softly. "Neither of you care about the people beyond your own gain."

"The people will decide. I believe it is time to put aside the childish antics, boys."

She stood there, dress in fine quality breeches and a tunic. Slender arms crossed before her as she looked at the two "gentlemen."

Cory

Date: 2007-02-01 01:38 EST

Karen Wilder

Date: 2007-02-02 06:33 EST
Karen had sent a few of the Templar Knights to watch over the polling places....always in conjuction with a member of The Watch, of course.

She was not about to let anyone intimidate or threaten the Citizens at the polling places. This would be as fair an election as she could manage. Members of The Watch kept an eye on the Ballot Boxes....ensuring there would be no tampering.

Karen herself made certain it was known that no member of the Templar Order would be voting. Members of The Watch were encouraged to vote, but the Templars stood outside of the politics of the City.

Cardinal Shoc agreed....the last time the Templars became involved in a city's politics, Constantinople went up in flames...

Gabriel Ashlocke

Date: 2007-10-02 00:03 EST
He went and filled out shi slip. It was obvious he would vote Kitty. She was awsome as the GOv. She couldnt do anything to him if he didnt vote for her but he knew her and sure as hell wasnt dumb enough tovote G. and he didnt know any of the others. So Kitty hands down it was.