Topic: Election 2013: Brian Ravenlock's Endorsement

Brian Ravenlock

Date: 2013-06-02 11:18 EST
The Market Place District, directly in front of the 27th Division Watch and Localized Militia Station House" We find Brian Ravenlock standing before a small gathering of citizens and press. Some of which, will publicly televise this conference upon its conclusion. Joining Brian are some other individuals such as Kerrithra Al"Tuatha, a Lieutenant service directly under him and some of her own men and women.

"Thank you all for coming out here, this afternoon. I know it's been a busy week, with all the press conferences and withdrawals and what not. However that aside, I'd like to make a few points perfectly clear, on some of the matters this last week, and where I personally stand in regards to those matters."

"Since my withdrawal of the election, I have been written and asked repeatedly as to why' I have also been informed of accusations that I was somehow convinced, or—- "compensated" to make that decision?"

"Now this is where someone else would come out and use some fancy words, or show distaste with a well placed frown, or brow raise" Maybe a 'shocked" look, or a cry to the heavens for pity. Anyways, all of that aside"that is not me. So I'll get right to the point"."

"Are you *bleeeeeeep* me!?"

"Was my previous statement not enough"well no I guess it wasn't or I wouldn't be here saying this, would I" So let me make this perfectly clear, so that there are no more issues at hand, and we can ALL move forward" I was not convinced, or compensated by anyone to make this—- wait, that's a stretch' I was not compensated, by any parties in regards to my decision to withdraw from the election. However, I was in fact convinced."

"I was convinced by my wife and daughters. Daughters and a wife who I have missed out on a good deal these last few years. The rest of my family, who I also have missed out on these last few years. A sister, and nieces and nephews who had all passed far before their time" I was convinced by these men and women I serve with, and SO many others who walk these streets doing their own part for this city, with no accolades what so ever, while a buncha cushioned people with deep pocket and very unoriginal notions take credit for what?s already been done for longer than some of them had even resided in this city. I was convinced by my current assignment with the 27th here, and the new Chamber of Commerce we have established in the Market Place District. I was convinced because at the end of the day, no matter how nice I clean up" No matter how many times I can toy with these damned spectacles of mine, or how many times I can chuck out some fancy statements out that would make a piece of garbage look like a diamond" I am no bureaucrat' I am not a fan of paperwork, and processes that cost livelihoods and sometimes lives themselves. I am not a fan of worrying about people's feelings and what not, while they are literally running around unchecked and damaging property and hurting people?"

"It's bull *bleep*.."

"However, some of it—- some" Is needed, to make this system work. As much as I hate a lot of it, I know full well it's needed" I've been there, and I have the cool little service pin from my previous tenure as the Minister for Citizen Resources under former Governor Driscol" You guys remember him' The magician who vanished mid tenure" Okay, good" Back to the matter, I know we need procedures" And the paperwork, and what not. What we also need is some common sense, to back all of that up" We need experience as well, and we need someone who's been here a good while, and has a handle on themselves and their current station, as well as a finger on the pulse of the city. We need someone, who realizes the wars we fight are not only from outside the city coming in, but right here in the trenches that are the streets of this city! That the war is not just about some villain or despot of the week, blowing *bleep* up time and again, and let me tell you bastards, that *bleep* is OLD?"

"That aside, the war we fight here on these streets is one of poverty, and racial bias—- of low end crimes that effect the bottom line so much more than any of you tax fattened hyenas would even imagine. It is also a war of greed, and corruption?"

"We need someone that can look past themselves, and to the greater good—- while keeping their focus and personal feelings in check, in order to assure what?s best for the city as a whole in regards to decisions and proposals. A person who can take advise, and look at more than one side when presented with objections, or other angles. A person who can be humble enough to admit, that an idea may not have been the best and work with others towards a better end result. We need a person that is not afraid to say exactly how they feel, good or bad" And while Jesse does exactly that, and says what she feels regardless of anything else, a trio Mana Bombs does not help her cause at all, or did not'since she too withdrew her bid"Thankfully. And for the record I did not bend a knee to her, no matter how bad she'd like to think so?"

"I've had people tell me to reconsider, and that I'd make a great Governor" I'm here to tell you, that no I would not make a great governor" Honestly, I doubt that I'd make a good one at best. More so good isn't gonna cut it, when the stakes are as high as this city we love so much. We need someone to do better than good?"

"And it's not an oversexed purple furred idiot who just got off the boat, that can give us that. It's not Katt Batten, that can give us that and gods know I adore that young lady as if she were one of my own—- so saying that is NO mere lip service from me" She's done this city a great service time and again, and we're thankful for that and so much more from her" But that doesn't give her the qualifications to be this city's next Governor..."

"I know where I stand to serve this city best, and it's been where I've served till now. If the city needs us, we will respond. We always have, and we always will" It's time for the furried one, and Miss Batten to truly ponder where they each stand to serve this city best' And it's no easy feat, because I admit I did struggle with that, before I made my decision. I also implore the rest of the city to do the same" Look at yourselves and see what you can do to make this place a better one not only for yourself —- but for others. And for the love of heaven do not take any lives, or damage property in the process, please?"

"That being said, I will be placing my full support for Matt Simon as Rhy"Din's next Governor."