Topic: Election 2013: Katt's Withdrawal

Katt Batten

Date: 2013-06-03 15:09 EST
The Marketplace, front of the fountain area, the broadcast opens with Katt attempting to fiddle with the mic. Someone says something to her and she looks to the camera with a bit of a started stare. "Wha" Wait!"

Tugging the mic better into place she turns to the camera. "Umm...Good afternoon everyone. As many of you know I'm Kathryn Batten, better known as Katt to the public. You may know me from my frequency at the inn or something as simple as my bakery the Bon Bon Boutique. I'm not a political type nor am I a paper pusher. So this must be leaving many of you with the question as to why I am running for Governor?"

Clasping her hands at the small of her back she chuckled. "I will start with saying I don't see the seat of the Governor as someone who sits behind a desk but someone who should be out communicating with the people and bringing the community together as a whole. Which our previous Governor has done time and time again. Not only with disasters but with daily lives and fun activities. In this I think community interaction is the goal to a better and brighter future. The people working together for the better of the city."

Tilting her head faintly she looked past the camera at something and her lips twitched into a little smile. "I had said at one of the Council Meetings that I would try for Governor. It seems I was one encouraged by one of those people to try my best to follow up on that. I was nominated by that someone, who thinks I can fill this position and do some good with it. To that person, my brother, I am grateful for the support. However..."

There was a pause and her attention returned to the camera. "I am announcing my withdraw from this campaign. To me the whole campaign running was starting to feel like some sort of popularity contest and that isn't what I am here for and while I look upon the position as Governor as I do I have seen that many do not share the same feeling. Maybe it is better someone with political grasp and pushing papers take the seat."

She smiled a bit more to the camera. "My drive for running was to help the people and try to further the community connection that the former governor had started. I can still do much for the people and I don't need to be Governor to do them. I can continue those efforts without being in her former position."

"So with that said I want to thank those who supported me. I appreciate it wholeheartedly and am humbled by your support. I thank those who have taken the time to listen to me speak about this whole thing, not only in this press release but when I numerously spoke in the inn about the reasons and whys. I always felt it was better to speak face to face...

Again I thank you all for your time, support, and attention." Her head bowed and remained such as the scene goes black.