Topic: Election 2014, Thorn

The Redneck

Date: 2014-09-16 13:18 EST
A small press conference held outside one of the Dream Chasing centers. Print, radio, television, and whatever sort of social media Rhy'din boasted.

The redneck in a pair of beat-to-hell boots, a well worn pair of jeans that fit like a second skin, and a clean, plain white tee shirt. There was no podium, no props. Just Thorn standing with her thumbs hooked in the front pockets of her jeans, smiling her dimpled and warm smile.

"I'm not going to make any promises that'll wind up impossible to keep. I'm not going to pander to one group or another. And I'm not going to pretend that I'm the perfect candidate.

"Because I'm not. No one is. Rhy'din, and her people, is too unique, too strong willed, for one person to alter the course of for long." The twang was there, though some how she managed to not mangle the English language.

"What I am is someone who lives here, someone who looks at this city and see what it is, and what it can become. With a little bit of work, and a lot of cooperation, this city can be anything, everything, anyone ever wanted it to be.

"But, let's save some time and frustration yeah' For answers to whatever questions you might have for me, about me or my campaign, ask me. Call me, we'll put the number up on the screen just for that in a minute. Call me, text me, email me, write them down and leave them in a box at the Red Dragon, or better yet, stop me when you see me. Stop me and ask me, anything.

"I'll answer your questions to the best of my ability, with every bit of honesty and openness I have in me.

"And for y'all that haven't been paying attention, that's a damn lot." She flashed a mischief laden smile then, complete with a chipper crinkle at the tip of her nose.

"There's a damn fine field of contenders for the office, if you don't decide to vote for me, vote anyway.

"Rhy'din is our city, we all have a hand, a voice, in the way it's run. Rhy'din is what we make it, what we decide it's going to be.

"Together, we can make it a better place."

A number does indeed scroll across the screen as it goes black. Following that number is the message :paid for in part by the Equal Rights For Pink Flamingos and Mimes Coalition; Supported by Maurice the Mime, and the Pink Flamingoes Liberation Front; Vote Responsibly.

(PMs are open for Q&A in any form, live play Q&A is also welcomed at any time, thank you!)