Topic: Final Thoughts - RGE 2014

Ebon Ilnaren

Date: 2014-10-16 22:04 EST
Ebon Ilnaren sat on the back porch steps of his townhome, smiling up at the camera. "Good evening, everyone. I just wanted to share a few final thoughts before the polls open tomorrow."

"When I announced my campaign, my posters let everyone know that I wanted to know what was on your mind. I care about your ideas, I want to hear your stories. What I don't want it to run roughshod over all of you." He rose to his feet and strode down the steps. "There are some who say that we need a governing force in this city, to make changes as they see are needed. Despite what certain advocates may have you believe, I am not one of those. Indeed, I had to look back over my past statements to make sure I hadn't misrepresented myself. Despite the fact that this election is for a position named 'Governor', it's not for any seat of power." White teeth flashed in a wide grin. "I think we keep that title simply because it sounds good."

"So....I'm not looking to rule anyone. What I would like, is to provide a place for our....fractured" No, that sounds like something broken. Diverse! A place for our diverse populace to go if they want help or want to offer help to others, to build the community for all who wish to share. That's a key point. If you're satisfied with your own slice of life in Rhydin, then you don't have to a thing to fear if I'm elected Governor. Even if you have great projects and ideas, if you're content to develop them on your own, more power to you. However, if you want to join in and contribute ideas, or if you don't have the resources alone, then you'd be welcome to stop by the Governor's office."

Now Ebon stopped and leaned against a tree. "My fellow candidates are both decent folk. Skid, I'll admit, I don't know so well, but he was great fun at the cage match this past Monday, and hey, who doesn't like pancakes" As for G'nort, he's a stand-up guy, certainly entertaining and likable....and, like me, he cares about the freedoms that our citizens enjoy. So please think carefully, and vote from the heart this weekend to let us all know what?s on your mind. Thank you for your time."

Ebon Ilnaren

Date: 2014-10-18 14:13 EST
"For the record," replied Ebon when asked for a comment on Mr. Heyman's remarks, "my stance has always been similar to that of Mr. Dragoon-Talanador. In this campaign, I have pointed out that the people of Rhydin cannot and will not be ruled. In that, I fully agree with G'nort's position. At the worst," and here he looked thoughtful, "I have compared the Governor to the job of stage manager at a theatre, not running the show—or, in Rhydin, the many shows going on all at once—but rather working to ensure that the whole theatre runs smoothly. If no help is requested, then the Governor can sit back and figure out where to throw the next big party....but if asked, the Governor—as something of a celebrity—can lend whatever aid is possible, or direct the asker towards options they hadn't considered. That's if asked, of course. I would also, as I've said before, host monthly town hall meetings so that anyone who wishes to join in discussion or just promote their own events and happenings can do so. Or not. The choice remains yours."

The reporter who had asked the question nodded while writing down notes, then looked back up. "One last question, if I may, also springing from Mr. Heyman's statement....what?s up with those eyes?"

"They act something like a two-way mirror, such as they have in the better-run Watch precincts. Fortunately my children all have their mother's eyes, and hers are much prettier than mine. Anything else?" When there were no further questions, Ebon gave a wide smile. "Thank you very much, and remember to vote!"