Topic: ((Gubernatorial Election 2015 OOC))

RhyDin Counting House

Date: 2015-09-06 22:30 EST
It's that time of year again....Gubernatorial Election 2015!

The Governor storyline's success relies on participation from the community.

It's going to be as big or as small as we make it, so let's make it a good one!

For those willing to be a candidate:

Candidates must private message their intentions to run to the RhyDin Counting House with the character they wish to be placed on the ballot for the 2015 Gubernatorial Election. One character candidate per player, please. Candidate names will be collected through 11:59pm RhyDin Time (EST) on Tuesday, September 15th and will be officially announced the following day on the 16th. But don't wait until then to begin your campaigning. Start now! Candidates are encouraged to post here with their intentions to run. Feel free to post your public speeches and other election-related stories in the RhyDin Election forum. It's up to you to get your name out there, so that means posting and playing more. Make sure you're up to the task before throwing your hat in the ring. After all, if you win, your term begins. The election is just the beginning. ;)

For those willing to help out:

Host an event in Live Chat or on the forums. Host a debate; write a letter asking candidates to address your biggest issues; schedule an interview; host a Meet and Greet, or do a fundraiser for your favorite candidate. If you like, PM me and I'll be happy to give feedback, work with you on scheduling, guide you to others who might be willing to help you on your project, etc. Don't feel limited to doing events and activities, either. Even just having your character discussing the candidates with a friend over some Badsiders in the inn is participating in the elections. :)

About this thread:

Like the title says, this is the Out Of Character thread for this year's Gubernatorial Election. Feel free to post all your OOC questions, comments, concerns, ideas, etc here. If you'd rather, you can always post to the RhyDin Election's official OOC Thread. When the first Playable goes up to officially announce the elections, a new In Character thread will be created so candidates can post their intentions of running if they so choose. More details to come!

RhyDin Counting House

Date: 2015-09-16 13:29 EST
Good luck to the five 2015 RhyDin Gubernatorial Candidates: Ebon Ilnaren Sean Walley Thorn Salvador Delahada Evelyn Augusta Bell

See their announcements in the election thread.

Paying tribute to the first election back in 2007, which also had five candidates, there will be only one election poll. This means no Primary Election. It will be Winner-Takes-All this time around. The tentative schedule for the election will be October 2nd to the 4th, Friday to Sunday. A Playable will go up on that Monday announcing the Governor.

Look for the Election Poll on Friday, October 2nd to Sunday, October 4th!

Claire Gallows

Date: 2015-09-18 18:20 EST
Like last year, we're looking to run a Governor's Election Cage Match. Tentative date we have in mind is the weekend of October 2nd. Once I get a few more details nailed down, I'll be reaching out to the candidates for their availability so we can set a firm date. Just wanted to give you all a heads up!

Ebon Ilnaren

Date: 2015-09-18 22:30 EST
The Cage Match was great fun, even though I lost. :D

Is there interest in a live debate this year? We'd need someone fairly unbiased to act as moderator.

The Redneck

Date: 2015-09-18 23:55 EST
If my schedule works for it I'm totally down for a live debate.

Ebon Ilnaren

Date: 2015-09-21 21:51 EST
Like last year, we're looking to run a Governor's Election Cage Match. Tentative date we have in mind is the weekend of October 2nd. Once I get a few more details nailed down, I'll be reaching out to the candidates for their availability so we can set a firm date. Just wanted to give you all a heads up! One note, that would put the Cage Match right in the middle of the voting weekend...

...which actually appeals to me. :D

Claire Gallows

Date: 2015-09-21 23:37 EST
That's my goal! Hopefully it drives a little awareness to the vote itself

Claire Gallows

Date: 2015-09-25 11:43 EST
Okay, aiming for October 2nd as the Cage Match. Getting in touch with the candidates today to see who can attend and what time will be best.

Delahada

Date: 2015-10-05 19:22 EST
Yay Ebon!!!

RhyDin Counting House

Date: 2015-10-05 19:48 EST
Yay Ebon!!! I want to second that! Congratulations, Ebon!

2015 Election Special Thanks:

Thank you to the artists that allowed me to use their wonderful work to help promote the elections. Last year, the cool Artista K made the creative politically colored RhyDin Map. This year, she made an incredible candidate focused dragon board by request. In addition, Claire Farron, Noah Bird, and Lucy Mitford all made perfect posters for the Vote RhyDin Polyvore Contest and allowed me to use their work in the election playables, too. Thanks to Jenai Angelique's Polyvore talents, she was able to hold the Vote RhyDin and two other contests in honor of the elections: Candidates on Parade and the perfectly titled, Vogue the Vote fashion contest. Thank you to everyone who participated in the contest. I am always excited to have the elections branch out to all different types of creative outlets.

Thank you to Claire Farron for organizing and calling the Gubernatorial Candidates Cage Match again this year. In my eyes, this is now an excellent election tradition that blends the Red Dragon Inn and Rings of Honor. An extra thank you to G for commentating the Cage Match, and DUEL Sandy for being the dueling official.

A special thanks to Amaltea who conducted the official Election Poll. Without your aid, there literally would not have been an election, and no elected Governor. And, of course, thank you to the five candidates: Ebon Ilnaren, Sean Walley, Delahada, The Redneck, and Perpetual Motion. Without a candidate to run, there also would have been no election. Thank you for your willingness to contribute in the most major way possible, by being the Rhy?Din Governor.

Last, but not least, thank you to everyone who contributed this year towards the storyline, ICly and OOCly. The Governor SL would never be as amazing as it is without the participation and contribution from the community. A participation icon was handed out, just like last year. Over forty icons were given out to those that contributed to the boards, attended the Cage Match, and entered into the Polyvore contests. That's an amazing turnout. If I missed anyone, let me know.

Thank you for the continued support!