Topic: ((Gubernatorial Election 2016 OOC))

RhyDin Counting House

Date: 2016-09-07 18:35 EST
Gubernatorial Election 2016 - For All Your OOC Needs

For those willing to be a candidate:

From September 10th until the 18th, candidates must private message their intentions to run to the RhyDin Counting House with the character they wish to be placed on the ballot for the 2016 Gubernatorial Election. One character candidate per player, please. Candidate names will be collected through 11:59pm RhyDin Time (EST) on Sunday, September 18th and will be officially announced on Monday. Candidates can post their intentions of running in the Official thread, if they so choose. But don't wait until then to begin your campaigning. Start now! Feel free to post your public speeches and other election-related stories in the RhyDin Election forum. It's up to you to get your name out there, but make sure you're up to the task before throwing your hat in the ring. After all, once you win, that's when the real work starts. ;)

For those willing to help out:

Even if you're not running, you can still get involved! Host an event in Live Chat or on the forums. Write a letter asking candidates to address your biggest issues. Schedule an interview. Write an article to compare candidates. Host a Meet and Greet. Offer a campaign poster contest. Hold a fundraiser for your favorite candidate. Offer an elections themed promotion at your business. The sky's the limit! If you like, PM me and I'll be happy to offer feedback, guide you to others who might be willing to help you on your project, etc. Don't feel limited to doing events and activities, either. Even just having your character discussing the candidates with a friend over some Badsiders in the inn is participating in the elections. :) Every little bit helps!

About this thread: Talk away!

Like the title says, this is the Out Of Character thread for this year's Gubernatorial Election. Feel free to post here with all of your OOC questions, comments, concerns, brainstorming, planning, etc. Anything and everything you want. If you'd rather, you can always post to the RhyDin Election's official OOC Thread.

Just Remember: The success of the Governor storyline relies on participation from the community.

That means - It's going to be as big or as small as we make it, so let's make it a good one!

WillSomnia

Date: 2016-09-09 18:15 EST
With my personal schedule being what it is, it'll be difficult to do scheduled meet and greets, and that sort of thing. Will's just going to talk to people as he goes out and about, on the streets, on patrol, at dueling, etc. He's sort of a regular people person that way. I'll try to get to scheduled events, but with as late as most things seem to run it may not happen. If you see me around, feel free to go into meet and greet mode!

RhyDin Counting House

Date: 2016-09-19 22:20 EST
I'm very happy to see so many candidates this year! Best of luck to: Andu Kirost Mairead Harker Francis Collins Katt Batten William Somnia Ammy Spiritor Donald J. Drumpf Mu (The Oracles) Cianan

Thanks to number of Governor hopefuls, a Primary election will be in order this year. Below will be the tentative schedule for this year's elections so everyone can try to plan their events and activities accordingly.

Primary Election: Sept 23-25

Final Election: Oct 7-9

RhyDin Counting House

Date: 2016-09-26 12:45 EST
Congratulations to our Primary winners: Francis Collins Katt Batten Ammy Spiritor

Claire Gallows

Date: 2016-09-28 18:22 EST
Like the past 2 years, we'll be hosting the Gubernatorial Cage Match between the 3 candidates who made it into the general election. Right now, it's looking like it'll be the weekend of the election, on October 8th. Times and other details are still in the works, but stay tuned!

RhyDin Counting House

Date: 2016-10-11 21:46 EST
This year's election was full of drama and anti segregation movements.

What a wonderful year for the election!

Allow me to offer some thanks"

First, I want to thank each one of the candidates. Without your motivation to run, we wouldn't have a Governor at all. The fact that there were so many of you made it that much more fun for the whole community. Each one of you brought new insights into the role of Governor. Thank you, Andu Kirost, Mairead Harker, Francis Collins, Katt Batten, William Somnia, Ammy Spiritor, Donald J. Drumpf, Mu, and Cianan!

A great thanks to the now former Governor Ebon Ilnaren, not only for all of the IC and OOC contributions during his time as Governor, but also for hosting and doing an amazing job with this year's Debate. If you haven't yet, be sure to see his Farewell Address.

After the debate, there was the three-years-running tradition of the Cage Match, hosted by the amazing Claire Farron and co-hosted by the outlandish Kruger. All three final candidates went head to head in The Pit, but only one came out victorious!

Thank you to everyone who participated on the boards, in the live events, and everywhere in between. It's you who make the Governor storyline something. I gave out fifty icons so far, and imagine that I missed some people. If you participated in anything "election' this year and would like an icon, private message me.

Lastly, and forgive me if I missed anyone, a huge thank you to Amaltea for running the polls, doing a Primary and a Final Election this year.

And without further ado, allow me to congratulate our new Governor...

Katt Batten!