Topic: ((Gubernatorial Election 2017 OOC))

RhyDin Counting House

Date: 2017-08-27 13:12 EST
Gubernatorial Election 2017 - For All Your OOC Needs

For those willing to be a candidate:

Candidates must private message their intentions to run to the RhyDin Counting House with the character they wish to be placed on the ballot for the Gubernatorial Election. One character candidate per player, please. Candidate names will be collected through 11:59pm RhyDin Time (EST) on Sunday, September 10th and will be officially announced on Monday. Candidates can post their intentions of running in the Official thread if they so choose. But don't wait until then to begin your campaigning. Start now! Feel free to post your public speeches and other election-related stories in the RhyDin Election forum. It's up to you to get your name out there, but make sure you're up to the task before throwing your hat in the ring. After all, once you win, that's when the real work starts. ;)

For those willing to help out:

Even if you're not running, you can still get involved! Host an event in Live Chat or on the forums. Write a letter asking candidates to address your biggest issues. Schedule an interview. Write an article to compare candidates. Host a Meet and Greet. Offer a campaign poster. Hold a fundraiser for your favorite candidate. Hold an elections themed promotion at your business. The sky's the limit! If you like, PM me and I'll be happy to offer feedback, guide you to others who might be willing to help you on your project, etc. Don't feel limited to doing events and activities, either. Even just having your character discussing the candidates with a friend over some Badsiders in the inn is participating in the elections. :) Every little bit helps!

About this thread: Talk away!

Like the title says, this is the Out Of Character thread for this year's Gubernatorial Election. Everyone is encouraged to post here with all of your OOC questions, comments, concerns, brainstorming, planning, etc. Anything and everything you want to talk about. As always, you can always post to the RhyDin Election folder's official OOC Thread.

The success of the Governor storyline relies on participation from the community. Let's make it a good one! :)

RhyDin Counting House

Date: 2017-09-11 00:42 EST
Our official 2017 Gubernatorial Candidates are:

Samuel Adder Jesse Colleen MacLeod-Fenner Donald John Drumpf

Good luck!

RhyDin Counting House

Date: 2017-09-14 18:48 EST
A slight 'behind the scenes' note for those that may be interested as to the how's and why's...

Due to there only being four candidates this year, there will be no Primary Election to pare down the candidates. For those that need a 'legal precedent', I'll point out that the 2011 Election had four candidates in the Final Election. If you'd like there to be a Primary Election next year in addition to the Final Election, be sure to join the running. :)

The 2017 Gubernatorial Election is scheduled to be held September 29th to October 1st.

PS: Feel free to use this as an open OOC communication board.

Claire Gallows

Date: 2017-09-17 19:10 EST
Like the past few years, we intend to the run the candidates cage match on the election weekend. We're looking at Saturday the 30th of September. I'm sending messages out today to the candidates to confirm availability and we'll get a more defined date/time here soon!

Ebon Ilnaren

Date: 2017-09-18 00:14 EST
I'm sending out invitations as well, in this case for a gubernatorial debate because I don't think we've had one in a while. I'd like to have it no earlier than Saturday 9/23, or else in that week prior to the elections....as with the Cage Match, it will depend on when the most candidates can be there.

Claire Gallows

Date: 2017-09-20 12:04 EST
Like the past few years, we intend to the run the candidates cage match on the election weekend. We're looking at Saturday the 30th of September. I'm sending messages out today to the candidates to confirm availability and we'll get a more defined date/time here soon!

Alright, it's looking like the 30th at 9 PM ET. More deets forthcoming!

RhyDin Counting House

Date: 2017-09-20 21:13 EST
I'm sending out invitations as well, in this case for a gubernatorial debate because I don't think we've had one in a while. I'd like to have it no earlier than Saturday 9/23, or else in that week prior to the elections....as with the Cage Match, it will depend on when the most candidates can be there.

Like the past few years, we intend to the run the candidates cage match on the election weekend. We're looking at Saturday the 30th of September. I'm sending messages out today to the candidates to confirm availability and we'll get a more defined date/time here soon! Alright, it's looking like the 30th at 9 PM ET. More deets forthcoming!

I'm looking forward to both of these! :)

Claire Gallows

Date: 2017-10-01 23:17 EST
Cage Match icons have been sent out. If I missed anyone, please shoot me a PM and I'll get one sent your way!