Topic: ((Gubernatorial Election 2018 OOC))

RhyDin Counting House

Date: 2018-08-25 01:20 EST
Gubernatorial Election 2018 - For All Your OOC Needs

For those willing to be a candidate: Candidates must private message their intentions to run to the RhyDin Counting House with the character they wish to be placed on the ballot for the Gubernatorial Election. One character candidate per player, please. Candidate names will be collected through 11:00pm RhyDin Time (EST) on Sunday, September 3rd and will be officially announced on Monday. Candidates can post their intentions of running in the Official thread if they so choose. But don't wait until then to begin your campaigning. Start now! Feel free to post your public speeches and other election-related stories in the RhyDin Election forum. It is up to you to get your name out there, but make sure you are up to the task before throwing your hat in the ring. After all, once you win, that's when the real work starts. ;)

For those willing to help out: Even if you're not running, you can still get involved! Host an event in Live Chat or on the forums. Write a letter asking candidates to address your biggest issues. Schedule an interview. Write an article to compare candidates. Host a Meet and Greet. Offer a campaign poster. Hold a fundraiser for your favorite candidate. Hold an elections themed promotion at your business. The sky's the limit! If you like, PM me and I'll be happy to offer feedback, guide you to others who might be willing to help you on your project, etc. Don't feel limited to doing events and activities, either. Even just having your character discussing the candidates with a friend over some Badsiders in the inn is participating in the elections. :) Every little bit helps!

About this thread: Talk away! Like the title says, this is the Out Of Character thread for this year's Gubernatorial Election. Everyone is encouraged to post here with all of your OOC questions, comments, concerns, brainstorming, planning, etc. Anything and everything you want to talk about. As always, you can always post to the RhyDin Election folder's official OOC Thread.

The success of the Governor storyline relies on participation from the community. Let's make it a good one! :)

Claire Gallows

Date: 2018-09-20 10:06 EST
It makes me very sad to make this post but it's an unfortunate necessity. I had tried hard to sort it out with my schedule but this year has been busier than ever work and real life wise. As such, I will not be able to coordinate the Governor's Cage Match this year. That said, I want to give big props to Ebon for holding the debate and to the genius behind the RCH for their continued support of this storyline each and every year. It wouldn't happen without you!

Again, I'm very sorry that I won't be able to hold this, I know some people looked forward to it. Still, I hope everyone takes the time to participate in whatever other events or posts there are and on the big weekend, put in your vote!

Best of luck to all the candidates,

Claire-mun