Topic: "I Was Heard!" 2016 Campaign - Ammy Spiritor

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2016-09-20 13:08 EST
After the Town Hall meeting last night by Governor Ebon Ilnaren, Ammy was now aware time was vastly of the essence to be seen and get to know people more. Putting her head together with her tiny Campaign staff of some family and a few coworkers they capitalized on what Ammy had opened with in the Town Hall meeting. A week long campaign centered on wanting to know what Rhy'Din really wanted in a Governor and want they really wanted done in Rhy'Din.

Flyers were now printed up and sent out to the public putting to use the memeograh machine Ammy had bought to hard work. She'd also put in an order for campaign buttons to honor those that came to speak with hear and ask her questions and give her suggestions for what they'd like to see in a governor for Rhy'Din.

Flyer going out: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93832244/I-was-heard-campaign-Ammy-2016.png

Campaign button: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93832244/I-was-heard-button-2016.png

The flyers were distributed and put up with care. Anyone asking was directed to come to the Market Place District every day between 8pm and 10pm Rhy'Din time (Eastern) if they wanted to speak to and ask Candidate Spiritor questions. More importantly the emphasized she was a candidate taking questions and suggestions seriously as her actual platform. She wasn't promising grand plans or half formed ideas of her own to the people that may or may not mesh well with the populace. She wanted to hear from the populace what they all really wanted improved, worked on, seen to and handled by a governor. It was high time the people were given their due voice to be heard!

All visitors were also being told that they would receive buttons to show that they were heard by the candidate and their questions will carry on with Candidate Spiritor through the elections and even if she is not elected she will do her civic duty to try and get them tended to.

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2016-09-21 01:46 EST
Ammy sat up late into the night reviewing two things that had been officially placed with her as questions and suggestions this week during her campaign. Albeit, one was a suggestion during Governor Ilnaren's meeting on Monday the 19th, the nature of the suggestion still merited some thought to attest to how wide and varied the populace could be in their needs. So she moved pen to paper, capturing the suggestion and the questions asked of her tonight. She would keep the question asker to simply the letters GG. She gave her word to the person for safety. Ammy wrote out the suggestion in her neat, alchemic script.

Town Hall Meeting, September 19th, 2016,

Jesse: Suggestion: Ms. Spiritor. Since you're taking suggestions. If you become Governor, will you construct a large Christian church in the middle of the city that allows all denominations to pray under the same roof?

My Answer Given: I would have to say it would be open to a public voting, dependant on zoning, and in the context of your question, it would simply be a building of worship if it is for multi-denominations. Unless you are using the term Christian in the context of Anglo-Christian designs for architecture.

*Thoughts or Actions for my hopeful tenure as Governor: How often does religion come up among the inhabitants of Rhy"Din" I know the news often speaks of cults that have gone off the deep end, but mainstream religions" I had often thought most kept to themselves who they spoke, bowed or paid tribute to, though some are quite boisterous about their whole hearted lack of need for anything but themselves. All in all, as it is said often, to each their own and may the populace be ever happy. I believe any further actions with such requests as the above mayhap be left in the hands of the public. A public servant such as I if elected would have no position or authority over religious matters much less condoning or condemning the raising or razing of places of worship unless such areas were deemed by other organizations as physical hazards similar to a condemned house needed removed and rebuilt.

Ammy leaned back and rubbed her neck some as she thought about the questions she was about to write down from her first night of "I Was Heard" campaign, for what she'd heard was an age old problem that never went away. She stared at the paper for a long moment and chewed on the pen for a good moment or two. Two candidates in the electoral preliminary had campaigns that for a lack of better words, stirred up the darkness that always lurked in everyone regardless the race. Superiority complexes, segregation and the rumor tonight of racial oppression brought memories of the Old World back to Ammy's mind. Well the questions were not going to leave her alone nor the thoughts she had about the action she wanted to take. She began to write again.

1st Night of I Was Heard campaign, September 20th, 2016:

GG Asked: "Yeah, I heard about you on the radio. My girlfriend....I guess, I don't know what she is yet....and I were listening about the speeches and stuff last night. I must be frank. She's scared. This Humanity First movement is bringing out the worst from the majority and she's been attacked by extremists because she's half-Sylvan. What will you do as a non-human governor to curb the violence""

My Answer Given: Many of the movements in the past have come and died rapidly in the past due to civil unrest or the untimely demise of members of such group. I am not advocating open violence against them, just to be clear, sir even though they sound they have done so on their own end. What you and others in your community are well prepared for is up to your own discretion and viewed perfectly as self defense in my eyes. As to what I'd try to do as a governor would be to find some way to install an equality act and bill of rights that would once and for all make everyone legitimate and free to live as they wish in this city, undead and the like as well. My people respect souls very much. We have many that stay back and teach and advise generations of people in our soul gardens.

GG Asked: That sounds nice. But what will you do with those who resist the bill of rights, and accuse you of further subjugating the humans of Rhy'din to the whims of....supernatural beings" Would you allow violence to burst into the streets if the humans should be incensed enough"

My Answer Given: I know what you are asking sir. If such bill of rights were passed then it would be within my rights to ask all Watch members and Organizations to subdue and bring in such radical elements for containment and let the judicial system handle them. Beyond that, all I can do is try to work with you all privately as a living being and offer safety, protection and help where I can, by magical and mundane methods. It is why I started my foundation to aid those with magical talents being persecuted, but in light of this election time, I'm amending and adding to it any who feel threatened by this 'Pure Human' nonsense. Outside of that, only so much one person can do but ask everyone out there to use common sense and put a swift end to anyone seeking to harm another out of simple preservation of life and existence.

GG Asked: Do you know what it feels like, Miss Spiritor"

My Answer Given: To be persecuted for how you look, for your race, because you're not human' To fear for the lives of my loved ones because they'll be in the crossfire of danger daily because of what I do' I do. I was once human. I died and was a soul for a century then brought back in the body you see now; full culture shock. I have faced every aspect of racial hatred and slurs Rhy'Din is known to throw and more. My children are often a source of ridicule especially if one is born Human, then they are given no end to their torment. My jobs as teacher, prior governor to my home city and founder of that city has put me in the cross hairs of several assassination attempts and my family has been the center of many kidnappings, threats, attacks and hostage negotiations. Nobody in my house sneezes now without me or my personal bodyguard knowing that it was allergies, the flue or a boogey man we need to go kill personally. So I will not make light of your fears. I can tell you worry about your girl and I am concerned for her too to hear she is getting harassed this way. I wish there was better ways in place to handle this. All I can do is try to run for governor and listen to your concerns and move into action things that will make things safer if it's possible.

*Thoughts or Actions for my hopeful tenure as Governor: I don't even know where do begin. Who does" This is a monumental task for even a city like Den City that has laws in place to handle due to the volatility of people and how they perceive things. With a city so intermixed like Rhy"Din how to touch this without violence erupting is migraine inducing. Enough though with making mountains out of mole hills; Rhy"Din is Rhy"Din and will continue to be so till the end times though I believe some form of Equality Bill or Act should be broached or brought up to the public. Some way to lay things out and put down once and for all that no race is higher than another and that every living and unliving person in Rhy?Din had basic rights allowed them. A talk or a letter to Governor Ilnaren will be my first start to even see what bomb I'm walking into with this. This is something I'd love to see carried through even if I don't win the elections.

As for actions, I've already set into motions the Addendums to the Swords of Damocles Foundation and Charity as well as the Trusts to take in consideration any racially oppressed people that need aid as well. The person that came to ask the questions tonight has been given cards to my foundation for any assistance or evacuation needed for those harassed in addition to personal pendants of protection that I personally put my celestial goddess blessings upon to keep the wearers safe. It feels completely inadequate for what they face out there but it is all I can do right now. The feeling one faces when you feel the whole world beset upon you just because you were not born the same way can do a lot to a person even the strong ones. The silent battles unseen on the inside are real and this kind of thing is often the stuff of nightmares that one only thinks to here in great wars that lead countries to creating War Treaties against inhumane weapons and barbarism.

I digress in my thoughts and close for the night so I may rally a letter to Governor Ilnaren for morning delivery. Then, maybe I'll try to sleep.

Ammy sat the pen down for a moment rubbed her neck more, then shuffled the papers away, pulled a new piece out and started the letter she would send out to Governor Ilnaren. She went to sleep, head upon her desk, blanket over her shoulders as her absence was noticed during breakfast, her letter delivered to Govern Ilnarens office.

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2016-09-21 23:05 EST
Ammy spent her time at the fountain with no questions or suggestions brought to her. She wasn't idle though. She had outlined some questions of her own and had begun drafting up letters to send out to various people and several candidates about a mission she had in mind. After a response from Governor Ilnaren, she felt encourage to takes steps to proceed on pursuing the Race Equality Act and was now looking for supporters and sponsors to help her form it, talk it over and write it up for public viewing and voting.

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2016-09-22 19:37 EST
Due to the rise of concern of the safety of any wishing to speak with Ammy, the Candidate has sent out flyers and posted a fold out sign in front of the central fount at the Market Place District.

*To ensure public safety of those wishing to meet me, the remainder of my meet and greet for the "I Was Heard" campaign will commence at the Red Dragon Inn. This is due to the number varied races congregating there and the general overall safety the Inn usually promotes. Please see come and see me before the campaign ends Sunday Night.

And remember, Vote for Ammy, Pro-Choice and Pro-Equality.*

Ammy Spiritor

Date: 2016-09-24 16:28 EST
Ammy mused over the papers in her office that night. It had been a night two since her last reflection on questions and the questions were a small trickle. The most recent was a rather odd one but still one that was of practical interest in exercising thought in how to proceed with certain odd situations. It had come from a lady named Evelyn and involved the rights over scientific research being appropriated for military use. She began to write away on the sheets of paper.

3rd night of the "I Was Heard" campaign, September 22nd, 2016, Evelyn Question: Um....what is your stance on....protecting scientific endeavors from being hijacked by the military-industrial complex"

My Answer Given: Could I ask for some more details ma'am' Like what kind of scientific endeavors"

Question: Okay, well. Imagine you have a device that's capable of emitting....a ray. Energy of some kind, minimally radioactive, for the most part. One that, theoretically, could cause....death. A death ray, if you will. And the local guards go on about its dangers," air quotes, "and corporations say you stole parts from them" more air quotes, "and you have to surrender the doomsday weapon or go to jail," still more air quotes. "What could a governor do to prevent that from happening to innocent members of the scientific community"

My Answer Given: First off, how did the local Watch learn of it' Then we'd have to assess how this scientific research device was researched and examined to be labeled a 'Doom's Day Device'. Then, following that, if there were claims of corporate espionage and insider theft of parts, patents, etc. that would fall to the purvey of the local business laws and lawyers, if any. In which case . . . Being a Governor of Rhy'Din, I would have no say over what is taken. But I would be more inclined as a governor to see why this was brought to public attention in light of public safety. Were safety guidelines followed, etc" Rhy'Din may have no laws, but many communities and guilds have their own standards they uphold. However, that all said I am Pro-Choice and Pro-Equality. If there was no public reason given for someone to come knocking on doors, then what harm is going on' Simply put, ma'am, I am for giving everyone an equal chance in their endeavors. I even offer Trust Funds and Aides for it. I would just be concerned if there was indeed collateral damage happening. That is all. Common sense things.

Question: I see death rays are going to be a hot issue this election cycle....I'm happy I've sworn them off. Ambulatory luggage is all the rage now, anyway, or so I hear. Thank you for your answers!

*Thoughts or Actions for my hopeful tenure as Governor:

These kinds of questions have me believe some think the Governor position in Rhy"Din holds power and sway over the populace while others do not. I think honestly the Governor's position is more that of a patient parent listening to siblings that are squabbling over who did what and knows, with a bit of patience, the culprit outs themselves and the victim tends to mete out vindication. Most matters self correct themselves and one's own belongings and property is their own. To go causing issues in ones domain is a severe display of no common sense and the results, well often are deserved. Though if things happen in the public eye where no one has real claim to things and accountable just for their person and their behaviors, things can get sticky. It's all roundabouts and hedge trimming with some of these issues. Beginning to wonder if I should campaign more for Pro-Common Sense than anything else in this election. Hard to say. All I know is as I write this the sands of time are already slipping through the hour glass of voting for the preliminary running. I can only hope I squeeze in by some miracle.

She let the ink dry and shuffled the papers away then went down to help with more preparations for the Alchemy Lane "Street Bizarre" happening that night in the Market Place of Rhy"Din.