Topic: Ladies and Gentlemen, My name is... (R.G.E. 2014)

G

Date: 2014-09-16 01:05 EST
Ladies and gentlemen, my name is G'nort Dragoon-Talanador. And I am the one behind the one, behind None of the Above. You see, we are going to have an election shortly, and there are several candidates who are ready and willing to step up and say they will be your governor. They're all fine people, no doubt. But let's think about this realistically.

The candidates will all say they will do something good for the city. They'll bring peace or order or stop attacks on the undead or children. They'll figure out how to stop the slave trade and bombings in the Marketplace. They'll clean up the city and be a good representative of the people, for the people. They may even believe they will do these things, or that they Can do these things.

But can they"

I think not.

You see, we've had several Governors in the past and each one of them have had noble intentions from the start. Promises made, babies kissed, hands shaken, deals made. You know the deal. An aside from a few parties, has anything ever changed" Have the streets been made any cleaner" Has the slave trade been abolished" Has the Marketplace stopped being blown up"

Oh, sure. We have a global air force or space force or whatever it is that the R.A.S.G. does. Which it still does without the position of Governor being involved. Sure, we have parties and special occasions. Which we still do without the position of Governor being involved. We still have the slave trade and explosions in the Marketplace. Without the position of Governor being involved. Heck, the only thing that has been done is the streets being made cleaner, which *I* have done with my garbage cleanup service, TrashMasters. Done, I might say, without the position of Governor being involved. Of course, I am in that for the money. You'd be surprised at how profitable trash collection is.

Ladies and gentlemen, what I am saying is this. We have had Governors in the past and nothing changed. If we have Governors in the future, nothing will change. A Governor in the present means nothing will change. All it is is an election for the benefit of the ones running. Do we really feel a need to cater to these individuals, of which I, admittedly, am one of?

I think not.

That is why I want you to vote for me. Not because I'd be a good Governor. I wouldn't. I'd be selfish and serve my own purposes. I'd cheat and steal and do what I could to make a profit for myself. No, I want you to vote for me because there is an option that is going to be severely lacking on these ballots and what that option is, is the one I am running my flag under. It is the option that gives the right to the people to stand up and say "Do you know what? I don't need to be Governed. We survived a long time without a Governor, and we don't need one now!"

That option I am running for is simple. It's right. And it's what everyone should stand up and go for.

That option is "None of the Above."

You see, if I win the title of Governor, I'm not going to do anything to rule over anybody. I'm not going to dictate what can and can't be done. I'm not going to listen to complaints from people who are mad that their neighbor has their music up too loudly at four in the morning. You, as a person, can deal with that yourself. As you used to. As you should. As a Free Rhydin Citizen.

The only thing I may do is see how nice the Governors mansion is and let my girlfriend host a Governors Ball because she really wants to and I would do anything for her. If you've seen her, you would too.

So I ask you, do you really want to have a government official who is impotent and not going to make any changes" Or would you rather live in a free Rhydin, free to do what you want, when you want"

Vote for None of the above. Vote for G.

Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, and I am the One behind the One, behind None of the Above.

Thank you.

G

Date: 2014-09-16 21:13 EST
Ladies and gentlemen, my name is G'nort Dragoon-Talanador. And I am the one behind the one, behind None of the Above. And I'm here to talk about some of the subjects brought up by my colleagues who are also in the running for the title of Governor of Rhydin. You see, some of them are trying to or going to try to run on a platform of attempting to change this city or make it a better place. Some of them are trying to or going to try to run on a platform of letting everything stay the same, including I might add, myself. Though I must admit that what I am running for is not the title of Governor.

There are issues in this city, there's no denying that. There have always been issues. There will always be issues. This, of course, is what makes Rhydin so interesting a town to live in and be a resident of. Some of them want to change that. This does not make sense and nor should it. Those who don't want to make any changes, such as myself, make the most sense. Why does it make sense" Because you can't change what simply can not be changed. Believing you can change things for everyone would be the definition of insanity. You would become Sisyphus. Look him up.

There are those, Ladies and Gentlemen, who want to become Governor and yet they do not want to change anything. Do what you want, when you want, how you want, because that....is the Rhydin way. Well that sounds rather similar to another campaign, does it not' If there are moultiple candidates who don't intend to change anything, you cannot, in good conscience, use that as a reason to vote for you when you say you are not going to change anything yourself. What reason is there to mention any previous political experience in one breath and then in the bring up that, as Governor, you are free to do whatever you please.

Pancakes" Ladies and Gentlemen, I love pancakes. I don't know who does not love pancakes. I think if you do not like pancakes that there is clearly something wrong, something very, very wrong with you. Ladies and Gentlemen who are going to vote, I need to ask you only one question. When was the last time you paid for pancakes" Or a drink" Right.

You're not the perfect candidate" Nobody in the Gubernatorial Race are the perfect candidate. Welcome to the club, we don't have jackets. Yet. If you're not going to make promises, you do not have to worry about breaking them, or even making them, because they will be absolutely unneccesary. A lack of promises is nice, but make the city a better place" Ladies and Gentlemen, you can't make it a better place. You just can't. Not as a Governor. Rhydin is Rhydin and no one individual is ever going to be able to change that.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I was not intending to mention any of the other candidates by name, but Jesse" Need I say more"

It's fine to have an open door policy, but don't we all know that an open door only lets out all the hot and or cold air" Nobody likes leaving a door open. They can always be closed. But hey, enjoy your free coffee, or if you're so inclined, continue on to the bar for your free glass of beer, or wine, or whatever it is you may be drinking.

Of course there are others who are running, but so far we have not yet seen nor heard what their stances may be. Ladies and Gentlemen, do we really need to' It is all going to be rhetorical or filled with promises of either making a change or not making a change and letting us citizens continue on with our lives much as they have been all this time. Do we, do you, really need anyone to represent you and say they will or will not change Rhydin" I think not.

The best option is no option. The best option is....None of the Above.

Ladies and gentlemen, my name is G'nort Dragoon-Talanador. And I am the one behind the one, behind None of the Above. And None of the Above is exactly why you need to vote for me.

Saul Heyman

Date: 2014-09-21 16:34 EST
Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Saul Heyman. And I am the one, behind the one, behind None of the Above, and I am the Advocate for my client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador.

My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, has authorized me to make one final promotion for the Primaries of the 2014 Gubernatorial Electoral Campaign. There are scant hours left to vote for your 2014 Gubernatorial candidates, and My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, would like to make sure that you all are aware of the options you have available to vote for.

My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, would like to remind you that while you may possibly vote for someone you consider your friend, your confidant, or your sweet crush, that this choice may not necessarily be what is best for your Free City of Rhydin. Oh no, this choice would be about popularity alone and not be because that candidate is best for the job. A job that no one should even have.

This is why My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, would like me to remind you all to vote for him. Not because My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, is best for the job, but because he is of the firm belief that there should not be a person in charge of Rhydin in any way, shape or form. My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, believes that having a Governor means you are acknowledging that there is in place a system of lawmaking, of ruling the citizens of this city, of a measure of control. That is what a Governor means. A Governor Governs, Govern means to rule, it means to conduct the policy, actions, and affairs of a state, organization, or people.

You are the people, Rhydin. And you know these candidates. Do you really want any of them conducting policies for you? And even if they were worthy candidates, which they are not. Pancakes" Doing their best' Influencing the masses" I'll be honest with you, the pancakes are the best option available from all the candidates save for My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador's.

My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, will tell you time and again that any, ANY claim or promise made by any of the candidates or their campaigns can and should be done without the benefit of having the title "Governor" before their name. My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, thinks that if someone wants to do their best, to do their best without "Governor" in their name. My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador, thinks that if you want to influence the masses, to influence the masses without "Governor" in front of your titles. Pancakes" Go get your pancakes. Without permission from a "Governor."

You see, take everything said by every candidate, put "By the Governor" before it. Then take "by the Governor" out of it. Can they still be done?

The answer, my friends, is a resounding "Yes." And that "Yes" is exactly why you, who have not yet voted, should do so and why you should vote for My client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador.

Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Saul Heyman. And I am the one, behind the one, behind None of the Above, and I am the Advocate for my client, G'nort Dragoon-Talanador.

Seirichi

Date: 2014-09-22 21:33 EST