Topic: Race for Governor 2014

Race Bannen

Date: 2014-09-16 17:45 EST
The following press blip is simulcast on radio and visual.

Dressed in comfortable jeans, boots and a t-shirt, Race sits on the lip of the fountain in the Marketplace. He holds up his hands to forestall any questions the gathered press have at the moment. "First, I thank you for coming here and meeting with me, and for those at home, or wherever you're seeing this, thank you for your time."

He shifts a bit and looks at them all in a casual way, completley at ease in giving this address. "You've heard it said ad nauseum in the span of two days how a good number of the candidates running don't plan on changing too much, if anything at all. How it's your right as a citizen of the city to let your choice for governor be heard. What changes are hoped to be made will be positive, if minor. These are all good messages, even offering pancakes in exchange for your vote.

I'm not going to make any promises or projections on what I'll do. I'm not a Seer, I can't foretell what issues I may have to deal with if elected. If you need at least one reason to vote for me" Just look at my history. I was a Councilman in Fionna's term and one of the advising architects behind the Rhydin Small Business Relief Fund. Before her I was the Deputy of Commerce under Star Silverblade when Driscol was Governor.

For the last several years I've been involved with Rhydin politics on many levels. I don't have a learning curve to deal with. Aside from one or two others, I can hit the ground running and make sure business gets conducted uninterrupted. In this land of gods, demigods, angels, demons, lycans, vampires, Fae, and every other creature in existence...no one does anything they don't want to. That's the Rhydin way. That's my way. If you're a Rhydinian, you know that you do who and what you want, when you want, and how you want.

That's how the Rhydin founders did it, that's how I do it, and it's been working out pretty well so far. A vote for me, is a vote for the Rhydin way. So Vote the Rhydin Way.

I look forward to seeing everyone who comes to my meet and greet on Friday. I'll answer questions there and then.?