Topic: [RGE - 2014] I Did It My Way

Necromesh

Date: 2014-10-18 18:06 EST
The image fades from black into color, with Skid sitting on a chair in the middle of the Marketplace, contemplating the sticky note left behind by Harris's own intern many days ago. He looks up into the camera as it closes in, settling as though the bearer has taken a seat across from him.

"Hello, Rhy'din.

"It's been a while since I've bothered to speak to you about this whole Governation topic, and I think both of those other guys have maybe said some stuff that makes sense that I still don't particularly care about. But let me go ahead and tell you something, now that the polls have been open a while and I don't have to worry too much about changing all your minds.

"They're both offering you a big, smoking glass of nothing. And sure. Nothing can be great, in the context of if some jerk were running stuff and getting all up in your face about it. But nothing is also mind-wrenchingly boring if you want to watch the sky falling while you eat your burritos, or whatever it is you eat in your weird little hovels while you scurry around and try not to drown in the tides of alcohol washing through the city every night. Gross, soggy burritos"

"I know, I know, Rhy'din. "But Skid! You're just the pancake guy! G and Ebon said so and also Andu back before he went down in a blaze of concession speeches!" Well they're a bunch of deaf idiots. I've been telling you all since the beginning that the pancakes are just the icing on top of my grand plan to destr- TO PRESENT YOU ALL WITH VARIOUS OPPORTUNITIES.

"Yes, opportunities; the opportunities to do things not of your own volition, or at the behest of another, but because there's stuff being presented to you that you can either take part in, or ignore entirely. My platform, you see, is not only about abusing the nearly non-existent power that comes with the title of Governor, but about giving some delicious fun back to this burning library known as Rhy'din!

"I know again, Rhy'din. "But Skid! Why didn't you make this clear before or say anything before half the city probably voted!?" Well here's why: I didn't feel like it! So Rhy'din, whatever you decide, know that if I don't win you aren't being given freedom. You're having someone else's idea of it shoved down your mouth pipe inappropriately in front of a large crowd. Freedom is about the choice to partake or not?not about being told you can't, suckers.

"So get out there and finish voting, and prepare to continue living your lives on Monday as though none of this had ever happened!"

Fun music plays while the camera pans back and up and away, with Skid waving after it, revealing a Marketplace with its patrons mostly buried alive in pancake piles.