Topic: Cause and Effect

Wolvinator

Date: 2007-12-16 16:00 EST
My name is Wolvinator.

I?m the best at what I do?

And what I do is step up to the plate in the bottom of the ninth and cream one out of the park.

Alright, so maybe somebody used that one liner before, but hey this is one of those situations that calls for it. These people you see standing beside me, we?re the ones that give a damn. Some of the only people in the burned out bird that stand up and fight when maniacs think they can waltz in and do whatever they want. These people are some of my best friends, allies, associates, and others that I?ve picked up along the way. It?s not many people, I?m not standing in the middle of the street with a bagillion soldiers, a zillion flying fairies and a giant twenty-story marshmallow man. It?s a few of us, we kinda gained the nickname ?Coalition Against Chaos.? Hell? I don?t even like the name all that much, but I got enough organizations under my belt that I probably look like jolly old Saint Nick with a huge belly.

The city needs a hero. Actually more then one, this City needs a band of heroes. Well take a picture bub, cuz something this pretty doesn?t just come down your street everyday.

I?m not gonna sit here and do ridiculous press releases to the public, or sit in the inn and talk about doing something. I?m the guy that does it. My actions speak for me, and as you?ve all heard actions speak louder then words. Sometimes that gets me into a mess of trouble, and other times it doesn?t. Lord knows that it probably aint helping me out with this upcoming elections, that I decided to run in. But what the hell? The political race aint half as important as this triathlon I seem to be involved in. The people and the city comes first, regardless if I?m running for office or not.

It?s always something. Insect creatures that crash land on the planet, crazy slavers and light saber wielding maniacs. A couple of days prior to this, I was running around like a space jockey trying to do a first Contact situation. Then this mess happens, and I already know who?s behind it. I happened to attend one of the meetings he was holding in his inn, I didn?t manage to get a Members Only Jacket or a decoder ring, but the information I heard going on there was all I needed. In times of crisis, I call in some of the Elite to help me take the trash out. And that?s what?s going on here tonight.

You can smell the things walking your way, you don?t need a heightened sense of smell to catch their foul odor; too bad for me though, it kinda makes it worse. They?re turning the corner, and headed right for us. They have some sorta green glow about their eyes, obviously possessed, possibly being controlled. They have some animals with ?em. Cute, really f?ing cute. Looks like they probably cut through some of the city guard already, I work with those guys and I don?t take too kindly to hearing that letters have to be sent to the homes of your average everyday officer. A guy working the night shift, he doesn?t even really want to. Just trying to make ends meet, feed his kid, that sorta thing. That kinda stuff really rubs me the wrong way.

It?s kinda funny, those zombified zoo animals have claws. It?s not gonna be pretty, and I?ll probably piss somebodies family off by taking out one of their loved ones that already passed, or I?ll probably get a letter from PETA. But I have a feeling that if PETA send me one of those letters, I?ll just drop a teddy bear at their doorstep. One of these Teddy Bears and just make it all better. Unfortunately tonight, I?m gonna have to show some of those cute and furry animals how a real animal? uses their claws.

The name is Wolvinator.

And you?re about to find out why I am, and we are, the best at what we do.

((These series of posts is in response to the playable which initially started HERE If you want to join in on the fun, just reply to this thread. All people that wish to defend the city are more than welcome to post here. :) ))

Mihaela

Date: 2007-12-16 16:33 EST
Bright is the moon, high in starlight
Chill in the air, cold as steel tonight
We shift
Call of the wild
Fear in your eyes
It's later than you realized
~Of Wolf and Man, Metallica

She could have been an average woman in the city trying to make ends meet. A retired vice cop with a soft spot for kids and small animals. Still she has a family to protect and it was that goal in mind that had drawn her out into the chaos.

A chaos that had drawn to close to her home for her liking. She was well built for a woman her size, average height and weight. She was wearing jeans, a t-shirt and boots. She was dressed for business. Even the chill winter air did not faze her.

Then things changed, her body rippled and shifted. She skin seemed to darken to a rich ebony though a closer look revealed a soft pelt of fur. Her face elongated and took on a feline cast. Her eyes became fully Cat slitted and alien in appearance. Her feet lengthened and changed, revealing sharp claws. Her hands curled and strengthen with claws of their own.

There was an eerie roar that came from this cat creature as she moved to face down the darkness.

Damon Kard

Date: 2007-12-16 16:38 EST
With his chin tucked down, his eyes followed the change of the 'average woman ex-cop'. He rubbed his nose then shifted his attention. His lips quirked into a smirk.

"Yeah. I'm with her."

His eyes flickered a moment, shifting from feline back to human. He had guns, lots of guns and other goodies on his person. And when his favorites were gone, he had skills much like those she'd already demonstrated.

Rose Black

Date: 2007-12-16 17:30 EST
She just sort of appeared in the sky, levitating as though gravity held no sway over her. Her expression was one of calm, even in the face of so much destruction. Seeing innocents slaughtered by cowards who didn?t even fight their own battles irritated her, and she had to all but shut down her empathic channels (which would threaten to overwhelm her with the emotions radiating from the area). However, due to her delicate condition she would not dive into the fray herself. Lucky for her - and the people of Rhy'Din - there were already some other good Samaritans who had stepped up to the plate.

So instead she just followed the battle from the sky; a telekinetic bubble surrounded her in case any of the enemy got smart and targeted her, not even air would pass through. While the people protected the city she protected the protectors. All she needed to do was focus hard enough and she could do great feats, but the energy she was expending would threaten to wear her out before it was over if she wasn?t careful.

Mostly she just would put up an invisible shield at just the right moment around someone, a voice echoing in their mind ?look behind you? or something of the like. If they became overwhelmed by enemies she would also take the initiative and move them to a better strategic position. She also evacuated all the civilian life she could as she went along, mostly people trapped in their homes ? some of them people the raiders were targeting. A gentle voice in their minds would tell them they were being moved somewhere safe before they were suddenly placed outside the range of the violence.

Very few people would even possibly be aware of all the actions she took to help the victims, and particularily the defenders ( who were possibly the peoples only hope). But she was determined to use all her powers to prevent further loss of life. Though she did not do much to destroy the enemy with her own hand, she at least saved as many lives as she could.

The coalition would have an angel guarding them tonight. One that would see to it that they did not fall in this battle ? not with her on the clock. She couldn?t be everywhere at once, but with her eye on you nothing bad will be able to touch you.

Last Knight

Date: 2007-12-16 18:51 EST
He doesn't attend meetings. He doesn't give speeches. He hates politics, and the only reason he's in the Guard at all is 'cause he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. But he's always stood against the darkness, and silver badge or no, that's not going to change now.

He's been standing the night watch because he's at home in the night, comfortable with the darkness - so he was there, again, when the raids began, when the dead rose, and when hordes of screaming madmen and snarling monsters flooded the streets. He was there, and he fought, as he always fights - with valor and ferocity, with a cry on his lips and a fire in his breast, with sword and gun and the living flame that comes at his call. The dawn found him still standing in one of the many small plazas of the Market, surrounded by the bodies of friend and foe alike, with a knot of civilians huddling behind him for protection. The next dusk finds him walking his beat, limping slightly, but just as sure, and just as swift.

He's been bruised and battered, bloody and beaten - but never broken, never surrendered, and never quit. He is a candle against the darkness. He is the Last Knight.

Akiko Kitamura

Date: 2007-12-16 19:01 EST
You mean we actually get to go out and kill something? She thought sarcastically. Unlike Damon, Akiko didn't use guns often. She owned them, and has use them when the occasion called for it. No... she had other sharp piercing instruments of death and destruction. But alas this calls for a more brutal touch. She may look like a prima donna, but she doesn't act like one. She doesn't kill like one either as she let her beast rise.

Grendel

Date: 2007-12-16 19:06 EST
Well, that was why he was here... to kill something, or more specifically, someone. But he hated slavers, so 'nuff said. If it amused him to be on the side of light for a change, he didn't show it... because everyone knew, the Grendel didn't have a sense of humor.

But when this latest little distraction was over, he was going to kill the man he came for and everyone he loved, and then Grendel would be on his merry way.

FirstOne

Date: 2007-12-16 20:12 EST
He heard about this so called vigilante group, and could only scoff. The sheep have a sheppard, how cute, karadis thought, well best stick to the shadows, thats what his people have done for Millenia, let someone else cause the havoc, while he did his own little horrors and his own plans for this city and the cattle. As for whoever organized the little group of wannabe heroes, he would deal with that person in his own fashion. Besides his old friend Zaruk was here now, now there would be some real fun.

Karadis had seen something about a call to arms from some human male, to fight against the evils of society. If only he knew how evil society was. He snickered and went on his way.

Dolus Gairu

Date: 2007-12-16 20:42 EST
There were four of them, and each was bigger and more menacing than the next. Their faces were covered in scars, and they were all adorned with straps and holsters that held a variety of killing devices.

They were mercenaries, and they were being paid well for the job they were about to do. They might have even done it for free, as they were men who did not appear to shun violence. Indeed, the biggest one was grinning like a kid on Christmas morning as he dragged the girl by the hair, ignoring her kicking and screaming for help as he went.

Her cries were loud and desperate, but they were lost in the chaos of explosions and the hundreds of other screams filling the night.

The largest one was very nearly salivating as he heaved the girl into the modified prison transport he and his men would use to bring the girl and any others they captured back to the drop point. He was looking forward to "sampling the merchandise" before giving them up.

"Please, please, let me go!" the girl screamed as the large man slammed the door shut on her, laughing at her terrified weeping.

?Sorry, darlin?,? he said through a gap-toothed grin. ?Yer gonna get me too high a price.?

The young woman let out a wordless scream of anguish as another explosion thundered in the distance. She sank to her knees and wept into her hands.

The large man just grinned and turned to his fellows. ?Let?s move onta the next block. There?s a nice one I?ve had me eye on for three weeks now. Real stuck-up type.?

The smallest of his companions, a man of perhaps six feet tall, with thick bulbous arms and a jagged scar slashed horizontally across his face, let out a high pitched giggle that was at odds with his menacing appearance. ?Yeah, yeah! Let?s get some more, Jaxy!?

The large man, Jaxy, slapped a meaty hand onto the shorter one?s shoulder and nodded. ?Aye, let?s get us some mo-URK!?

A blue pulse spat out of the darkness high above and impacted against Jaxy?s back. He dropped unceremoniously onto the ground, splatting face first into a shallow puddle of muddy water. The other men whirled and pulled knives and blasters from their holsters, but a second blue pulse sped through the air and collided into the shorter man?s head. He was propelled backwards and sent sprawling into the wrought iron gate that had proved so ineffectual at keeping the men out of the young woman?s home. He did not get up again.

The other two began to fire wildly into the night, their confusion compounded by the explosions and screaming that echoed all around them.

?Sniper!? the first one called out, as if this would be helpful. The last man was slightly more intelligent, and was already diving for cover. This made him the priority target, a fact he realized when a blue pulse of energy smashed through the merchant?s cart he?d jumped behind and splattered against his chest. He had only a brief moment to groan before he too collapsed to the floor.

The last of the men was dropped hardly a heartbeat later. He was perhaps the most successful of his group, as he?d managed to spot where the pulses were coming from, high off in the distance atop a tall building. This knowledge did not serve him well, however, as he made the realization only an instant before the blue pulse struck him in the midsection and he fell lifelessly to the ground.

The girl in the transport paused in her weeping. The sounds of chaos all around her had died down somewhat, although there were still the booms and distant screams off in the rest of the city. The men that had captured her, however, had all gone silent. Tentatively, she peeked her head up out of the viewport of the door.

Then she screamed as a crimson beam of light sliced down out of the night. She dove backwards towards the other end of the hold. The scent of something burning filled her nostrils.

An instant later the modified prison transport?s door swung open on its hinges. The lock had been vaporized.

Amazed at this turn of events, it took the girl a few moments to think to scramble out of the hold and jump out onto the slick pavement below. Her eyes widened as she spotted the four men who had nearly succeeded in kidnapping her. None of them were moving. She nodded. Good.

It took her only a few more seconds to race back into her house, lock the doors, and find a nice, safe place to hide. She would remain there the entire night, and her parents would be thrilled to find her unharmed in the morning.

High atop the rooftop, Dolus Gairu adjusted the zoom on his Phased Pulse Rifle and did a quick sweep of the surrounding area. Satisfied that there were no targets, he reached under his shirt and tapped his fingers against something before speaking in a low voice.

?Dolus to Wolvie. Sector 11-Charlie is secure. Shifting to Sector 11-Beta.?

There was no acknowledgment, but he didn?t need one. They each had their roles to play. Wolvie was the up front guy. Dolus was the guy who watched the up front guy?s back.

He swiveled the rifle several degrees to his left, took aim, and closed one eye. He found his target, took a deep breath and spoke once to himself just before he began to pull the trigger again.

?It?s gonna be a long night.?

He pulled the trigger, and another merc dropped.

Korosaki Ichigo

Date: 2007-12-16 21:33 EST
That shinigami would rush into the sceen of this, tradgedy, for lack of terminology, his kimono swayed in a light breeze that passed on by his person, his sword Zangetsu was taken from his back, as he pointed it out before him, the cloth about the blade seemed to merly float away, the black sword with it's white edge seemed like it would be impossible to weild with one hand, but he did and always had. He hated to see blood of innocent people spilt, he fought to protect those who had no help, or could not and would not fight to protect the others, he fought, for everything right in this world, he fought so that these innocent people would be free of this curse of attack. He would slowly start to gather up his energies, he would need all the power he could get for the upcomming battles, he would not falter in the face of the enemy, he would not be pushed back because he fought for the innocence of the people, he could not simply sit back and watch them die, not when he had gained this power for the reason of protecting those who were inoccent.

He would mutter one word, the name of his blade, he fought as one with this blade, and so long as he did he would never falter "Zangetsu...."

Alystrianna

Date: 2007-12-16 21:40 EST
* Of course Aly was going to join in on the fun. Wolvie couldn't have it all to himself. Lets see what would a big bad animal want? A locked and loaded gun being held by a gun slinging soldier or a sexy little thing hanging out on the street corner allllll alone? Agh.... we thought so too.

Aly paced the street corner in knee high skin tight patent leather boots, a leather mini skirt, that was actually rather maneuverable and had shorts beneath it, a skin tight corset, one she often trained in and could move well in and a thigh length leather trench. She was no cheap wench, she was a saucy little thing. Hair in a ponytail, it bobbed back and forth as she paced the street corner shouting out playful obscenities to various men. Hey, she had to play the part and play it well. There were a few men whom she had made blush and a few women whom she'd made pissy, but it was all part of the job. Eyes, ears, and sense of smell were all on high alert. Daggers rested on the insides of either boot, one on each hip and one on either side of each breast, much the way one would carry their guns in those cute little chest holster, yanno, the ones that look like suspenders? There was a pretty little decorative cross that hung between her breasts, which when pulled up was really a bodice knife. She was well equipped for play time.

Besides her equipment, Aly had other various abilities, but they were all undetectable to the naked eye and were her naughty little secrets. Bright red lips pursed together as she gave a wink to a rather haggard looking man.*

Oh boys... its time to come out and play.... *she whispered softly to herself, a smirk crossing her lips.* Mama is a hungry one tonight... *her tongue flicked out over her fangs as her comm badge, which was hidden from sight was pressed.*

Aly to Wolvie, sexinator is hot and ready for pursuit. *she couldn't help but giggle in her head. This was all too much fun.*

AkumaSama

Date: 2007-12-17 02:59 EST

?Earth Angel to Mad Dog, Earth Angel to Mad Dog, The squad is ready and good to go? Angels are on the prowl.? Ren grinned as she looked from Hina trusted friend and adopted daughter to Hitomi, all three had their wings flaring and ready to go. Two sets of white and one feathered set of black, the angels were ready to play.

Hina rolled her eyes and snickered lightly,? You?re sad you know that Ren? Angels are on the prowl? Lame.? There was a light wave of her hand as she looked at the silver tinsel on it. Hina, silver beauty with black wings and a devilish smirk, one that seemed to fit her new look quite well. Granted she had changed immensely with a few people?s help, but still Hina was Hina over and over, actually it was quite disturbing now a days.

Hitomi Urameshi, adopted daughter or Ren and Hina?s twin sister was a different story. Her white wings were a gift, from her ex none the less. Still she worried about that git Jak from time to time, even wondered where the hell he had wondered off to. Still as Hina?s words rolled from her mouth she couldn?t help but laugh wildly,? She?s right Ren? that was pretty lame.?

Ren rolled her eyes as her own white wings with the very dark outline twitched. Leaning back against a wall she gave the two sisters the shut the hell up look. Turning to look at her watch she spoke softly,? You two know what to do right?? Blue eyes looked around; she was still short one blasted person, her demon, where the hell was he still?! It was starting to make her a nervous wreck.

Hina saluted from her spot over to Ren,? Yeah, I?m twisted Angel? and Hito here is?? Looking over at Hitomi she tilted her head,? What the hell are you again?? There was another snicker as she covered her mouth and peered around the corner. Hina was too good at being mad when needed.

Hitomi groaned and rolled her blue eyes as she flicked some blue strands from her face. Speaking with a frown,? I?m Mother Angel you half wit? Honestly? Skid has scrambled your brain.? That fact was obvious about Hitomi, after all she had a son and well, she had a daughter. Her son was off in Atlantis, though his children had some how found their way back from that bubble world.

Ren nodded and spoke back into her communicator,? Earth Angel to Mad dog? We?re good to go.? The sisters may have been but still there was Ren, ever nervous and worried. Would this go as Wolvie had hopped? Only time would tell.

Wolvinator

Date: 2007-12-17 10:45 EST
My name is Wolvinator.

And what I do is play situations like this smart.

Sure, what?s more fun than tearing and rip roaring through a bunch of mindless undead beasts? Not having to get any of their muck and nasty green juices all over my clothes. It seems like you have to wash your clothes in acid to get that rank smell out once it?s on there. So instead I?m sort of hanging back, and taking heads off with my Desert Eagle. I know it?s not as effective as a Phaser is, but there?s no reason to go around showing all the cards in my hand at once. That?s another reason why I?m keeping my distance, and using the handgun.

I don?t need to go into specifics, or show you anything flashy. If you?ve seen me work before, you know what I?m capable of. I?ve had more than enough combat weapons training then I can basically remember, but that?s thanks to all the times I?ve had to use one in real life situations. So when you are forced to use that training you learned so long ago, so often, it gets engrained into you. The way you hold the handle, take aim, squeeze off two rounds and pause. It?s that sort of thing that anyone with any type of formal training will instantly realize, and gain a certain respect for them. I?ve got to admit, seeing someone work that way makes me smile a lot faster then a clown thinking he?s John F?in Rambo and just unloading into someone. Anyone can pull a trigger, but it takes a warrior to be effective.

Alotta people in this town know me. Some people have seen the way I work. But I like to switch it up, keep ?em guessing. That?s another reason why I?m not being flashy, or using anything else but my gun. Dolus always has a contingency plan for his contingency and yadda-yadda-yadda. I have to admit, that?s sort of rubbed off on me. I always have something else up my sleeve, ya have to? in a place like this. Without it, you?re just another mindless undead creature with glowing green eyes. Not only do I have these people fighting directly beside me tonight, there are a few other individuals placed around other parts of the city. If you find yourself just fighting in one area, the Evil won?t go there. So ya sorta have to be everywhere at once. My goal here tonight is to protect the city, and send a message to the clowns that are behind it all. And we already know just who those rookies are.

I heard Dolus?s report, and I didn?t respond, didn?t have to. It might be hard to believe this, but him and I have been working together longer then some people have been walking upright. Undead minions ravaging the night trying to quell their thirst for destruction; yeah? I guess it?s sad to say this isn?t a first for us, and it?s even sadder to know it won?t be the last. With him watching my back, it makes all the difference. Give you that nice warm and fuzzy feeling. You know the one. The one you felt as a kid when it was cold outside, and you were snug as a bug in a rug inside your bed sheets. Nice, warm and toasty. That?s the feeling he gives me, any more of a feeling? well that would be a little on the ?creepy? side, wouldn?t ya say?

So here we are. With all the slashing, beating and gunshots we?ve got here over the last forty minutes or so, it looks like there?s enough green goo and dead juices to really make me feel bad for anyone that?s got to clean it up. But I guess cleaning it up is a helluva lot easier then doing what we just did here. At least this area?s secure, thanks to the band of people that were fighting shoulder to shoulder with me here.

I tap my comm badge, and I speak into it.

?Wolvinator to Dolus?? Yeah I know, I sound all gruff and deep like. I can?t help it, just the way my voice comes out in the heat of the moment.

?Sector twelve Bravo all secure, moving to sector twelve Alpha.?

Sector Twelve Alpha. That?s closer to Aly?s current position. She?s cute that one. Sexinator, that?s what she called herself. Sure it was poking fun at my name a bit, but she was being playful. With what she?s got in store, any Slaving clowns or mercs that approach her are going to be in for one helluva surprise.

I wonder how some of the other people are making out around the city, I?m sure I?ll find out, especially after this.

My name is Wolvinator.

And these zombies sure aren?t the best at what they do. Then again, they weren?t expectin? us.

LordTravanix

Date: 2007-12-17 10:59 EST
He stood upon one of the taller buildings in the "upper" part of the city. He watched with arms folded behind him as the city was tearing itself appart. The "heroes" were doing what they could to slow down the massecure and the raids. All they did was cause the order of more creatures into the city.

"The fools." He quietly said. "You have information for me, Commander." As he sensed a being approach from behind. The Commander approached and knelt upon the roof of the building.

"My Lord, I report that your primary strikes have been completed, and the officials are now dead. Their families are being transported away from the city as we speak. Several of them will make fine pleasure slaves once they have been broken. Our total pull out is 43 females and 38 males, mostly young. Some in their mid to late twenties."

"Excellent, Commander. It would seem that brainwashing of the homeless of this city allowed us to build a bigger army, faster. Begin pulling your teams out. Make sure that the transports with the slaves have priority. I will order the other teams to begin their withdrawl." There was a nod from the Commander as he stood and walked away.

As the commander left, he felt the presance of Romax slink in. "Its interesting to watch the fools work, isn't it, my friend." The response was a insane and dark chuckle. "Discontune sending the terror beasts in, and start pulling out what resources we have. Provide me a tally once you've gotten your 'homeless' army pulled back."

The leap Romax made from the building was leap an assassin would make. The dark warrior shook his head. "Fools to the last. They played right into my hands." He chuckled darkly.

Mihaela

Date: 2007-12-17 12:36 EST
Shape shift - nose to the wind
Shape shift - feeling I've been
Move swift - all senses clean
Earth's gift - back to the meaning of life
~Of Wolf and Man, Metallica

It felt good to cut loose. Each of the three had their preferences when it comes to fighting. She was well versed in Special Weapons and Tactics, but every since the change, she would gauge what was needed where.

This time she was moving through the streets literally ripping the creatures that got in her path. She trusted Damon and Akiko to be at her back. She knew she had made the right choice in them.

Teeth and claw was what these creature would now be facing. They had young ones to protect. They did not have fancy code names or sector codes. They had a clear purpose and no one would get in their way.

The cries of a young girl drew her attention. She ran to the sound and found some of those *men* dragging one off. She reached the wagon just as they locked her in. They did not have the chance to even scream...

Tooth and Claw...

There was a wenching sound as she ripped the door from it's hinges. The lock may have been strong, but everything had it's weakness. It was just a matter of finding and exploiting it.

The girls in the truck cowered when they saw the monster before them. They only had the briefest of minutes to act as the creature before them snarled, "Run."

She wasn't in this for politics. She found all the candidates lacking, even Wolvinator. The difference was that Wolvinator was in the trenches acting. The others were hiding in their cozy homes and railing at the madness from prepared speeches or offering token solutions. None of them were out to risk their necks for anyone.

However, even she would not risk her people in an unattainable situation. Once the girls had scattered, she roared again. This time the meaning was clear...

Pull Back.

Alystrianna

Date: 2007-12-18 19:39 EST
*Aly saw one of the suspicious "men" coming right at her. There was no time to speak aloud, certainly it would hear her. Using the bond she only shared with Wolvie, she explained what was going to happen.*

~ I'm heading in with one of them to the holding cages. Once in I'll help as many escape as possible. Stay alert for updates, I'm not sure what I'm up against. ~

*With that she smiled softly to the one approaching her.*

Hey there sexy man. * BLECK!* You looking for some company tonight?

* She circled him slowly and then ran her hand over his cheek, which he quickly grabbed and twisted back. Now she had to think quick, because it was nothing more than a minor irritation to her, but a normal human would scream in pain. So scream she did.*

Let go of me you bastard! *she wiggled and whined more.* You're hurting me!

* With that another one came behind her and threw her in their truck, locking it shut. She could see out of a small hole and would communicate her location to Wolvie. This was working out perfectly.*

You sorry sons of sluts! *she continued to scream, curse, thrash and fight, just to keep up with the whole damsel in distress thing.*

~ Wolvie, I'm in a holding cage in route to the main transportation area. I heard them talking and apparently we are headed for the docks. Its getting foggy and damp, so I have to believe what they are saying is truth. I also heard something about number 15 behind the blue tarps. Keep your eyes and ears open.~

*Cue tears.* Please ... please ... Misters! Let me go. *Soon enough, they stopped and were pulling her from the transportation cart. She used her eyes to take it all in, hoping Wolvie would be able to see where she was, just incase there was a problem. One of them gave her a harsh blow to the cheek. She screamed out again, hoping it sounded like a real, pained scream. She even dared to spit at one. These two.. they weren't too bright. Just because one looked like a defenses drunken whore, didn't mean they were. They were each holding onto an arm and shoulder tightly as they walked; using leverage Aly, lifted herself in a full swing to bring her legs up and back, kicking them both in the face. Sure her arms wrenched from their sockets but in an instant, they were popped back in place and the daggers on her hips were pulled free from their holsters. She spun back a few times and then lurched forward, a swift and clean cut at the neck, green goo flung from the one and onto the stunned face of the other, fortunately for her, blinding him for the moment, which gave her ample time also introduce number 2 to her favorite dagger. With two down she was sure there were more to go. Silently she moved onward in search of "number 15 behind the blue tarp." Her eyes scanned the darkness and finally she spotted the bright blue tarp. She ran for it, her steps near silent as she rounded behind a large shipping container. She could hear the moans and sobs of the bound and gagged people who were trapped somewhere near by. It seemed like it was coming from many different places. But some... just didn't sound right. There was an almost electronic wave that rung in her ears from one direction, it was almost painfully high pitched. The bastards were using recordings to throw off anyone who might try to aid in the rescue of those trapped. Aly took in a large gulp as she saw a band of the creature men go by. Silently she once again took a step back into the darkness.*

~Wolvie, I'm gonna need some assistance.~

*With that she scaled one of the shipping containers and took a running leap from it, right into the middle of the four men who were walking. Blades were raised and swinging in a blaze of god damned glory. *

Akiko Kitamura

Date: 2007-12-18 21:16 EST
Eventually killing mutant zombies from hell gets a little boring as the early morning hours give way to dawn and daylight. Akiko heard the sound of birds chirping as her alarm clock went off. Hitting the snooze button she opened her eyes to a new day. The dream of killing mutant zombies from hell evaporated like mists of fog being burned off by the heat of the sun.

Wolvinator

Date: 2007-12-18 21:32 EST
My name is Wolvinator.

And what I do is come in when people need a little hand.

So I heard Aly callin? for me, and I had to go. Most of the sectors around my original position were secure, thanks in no small part to the people that were giving me a hand. Things definitely got a little out of hand, and from the looks of it? it looks like we weren?t able to stop their entire plot. It?s sorta hard when ya have a whole army just seemingly pop outta nowhere. But that?s no matter. There?s an old Vulcan proverb that I?ve mentioned before, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. If I could save one life tonight, stop one person from getting hurt, or make a difference in one person?s world, that?s all the satisfaction I need.

I find Aly. It wasn?t hard. Some of those programs we?ve been running over in the Danger room sure helped her get up to par. No need to even use her communicator, or that little mind trick she has. Her description and coordinates were right on target. So after we said our hellos, here we are. I checked my Tricorder, it?s my trusty sidekick, and we have life signs. There?s about twenty of ?em, locked in a shipping crate, a few hundred meters from our position. Unfortunately they crate?s guarded by some of these so-called mercs. Mercs annoy the hell outta me. Sometimes they?re their just a step above a foot soldier, other times their dumber than dirt. It?s all about how their trained, how much money is in it for ?em, etcetera. Most of the time, when ya have them on this grand of a scale, you get the lesser variety.

There was more than four of them, Aly had that pegged right. There?s fifteen. But that?s notta problem, not for the guy that keeps talking about why he?s the best at what we do.

So we work like a true team. Combat Training: Teamwork 302. Yeah? we did that one training program quite a few times, and it paid off well. My little Vampress is pretty efficient with her daggers. She?s nimble, she?s quick, hell I?m lucky she?s on my side. Wouldn?t wanna meet her in a dark alley, like those other fellas did. So I decide to make this quick, and painful. Hey? everything can?t be quick AND painless can it? I got a few ?daggers? of my own; six? actually, three with each hand. And if you?re lucky, my action figure comes with Kung Fu Grip. Limited edition though, so buy ?em while ya can.

We make quick work of these rookies. Wasn?t much to ?em. Ill trained, not much to them, but no matter. We find the crate, and I use my ?daggers? to break through the lock. They were scared, beaten, hurt. But they were safe. After explainin? that we were there to help them, we got them outta there. Out of the docks, and into the hands of safety as the morning light came.

Was it glorious? No. These things rarely are.

Did we stop everyone from being taken? Probably not.

Did we do our part? We sure enough did.

?Let?s go home hun, we did all we could do today.? That?s what I tell her, not to mention thanking her. She doesn?t accept it of course; she?s one of those modest types. It makes being with her that much more pleasant.

I wanna thank everyone for giving me a hand. I really had some people comin? out of the woodwork on this, and I imagine I?ll see some of ?em again. Whether it?s a smile from across a crowded room, a handshake in the Great Hall, or a round of drinks at the inn. I?ll get around to it one way or another. But they?ll get my appreciation.

The name is Wolvinator

I?m the best at what I do.

And what I do, is end crap like this.