Topic: One glass of wine just isn't going to cut it: The Planning

Alystrianna

Date: 2008-09-16 16:44 EST
Aly sat on the floor of the living room at the coffee table with papers and books spread around her. Tapping a pen against her lip she looked over a list of names, check marking some and crossing off others. Setting the pen down she rubbed the bridge of her nose and then cupped her face in her hands, sighing softly.

This was all supposed to be over by now, she and Wolvie were supposed to be married already, but due to things out of both their control, not a bit of the wedding was planned. She sat there trying to correct that today. So far she had a list of people to potentially invite but it had grown much smaller as she crossed off most of her family and friends from back home, which really didn?t sit well with her, but what were her options? Her parents would never support her marrying Wolvinator, she was promised to Tristan and nothing was going to change her Father?s mind about it.

Tearfully, she stacked the papers and then sat them aside and picked up an invitation brochure and skimmed through it and then tossed it aside, this was all very overwhelming to her, in fact the only reason she was even having a wedding was because Wolvie was so traditional and it meant so much to him. She decided to try and do something a little more fun and picked up a stack of papers she had printed out of wedding gowns she liked. She had no intention of buying off the rack, but maybe she could at least get some ideas of things she wanted for her dress and accessories. Taking a sip of her wine, she spread out the pages and made small notes on each of them and circled things she liked about each ensemble. So far she knew she liked satin like materials and white with a silver sheen for color. She wanted something semi-traditional yet something that showed off her form well, she wasn?t leaning towards ball gown dresses at all. After a while of looking through the dresses, it had her smiling again and the invitation list was forgotten about, no longer a worry. Besides that whole invitation list, mess, maybe planning a wedding might not be so bad after all. Downing the glass of wine she started to slip papers back into folders and books to keep them organized and then got up to go and get a refill, it was going to be a long night.

Alystrianna

Date: 2008-10-16 12:21 EST
After sitting there and shuffling through the papers over and over again and having gone through the entire bottle of wine she sighed. She still didn?t really have anything planned and she knew why. She couldn?t marry Wolvinator. She wanted to, but she couldn?t. There were things he didn?t know and things he would never understand. She had lied to him, lied about everything, how was she supposed to fix that? She hadn?t meant to fall in love with him, but he made it so easy and now here she was, planning her wedding with him. Staring down at the sketch of the dress she had put together, she started to cry again. Everything had changed since she met him, he was her life mate, there was no turning back now, but once he knew? it was over. If she didn?t marry Wolvinator, if he didn?t accept her, her life was over, she could not live without him, would not live without him. Once bonded with her life mate, separation from him meant certain death. She sat there trying to come to terms with the thoughts going through her head, but nothing calmed her. The sound of the door opening startled her and she worked quickly to wipe the tears off of her face, if he asked she?d explain that they were tears of joy, she was so excited about the upcoming nuptials. It was the truth, she wanted to marry him more than anything else, but she didn?t want him to have to know the truth about her for it to happen. Downing the last drops of wine, she licked her lips and then grabbed up a bridal magazine trying to look enthused.

Alystrianna

Date: 2008-11-28 19:55 EST
Coming in through the front door, he did his usual, hanging his robe by the closet closest to the entrance. His days were long, but not as they had been days prior. Since the election months ago, Wolvinator had taken a back seat and had been less upfront then he previously had been. He had quite a few ideas going through his mind, thoughts of the past, going back to basics and protecting those that he cared about.

By overstretching himself, and trying to become a public figure, he put himself and those in his house in danger; hence why he had retracted his actions quite a bit lately. He continued to work for the City guard, and protect the innocent, but mostly investigating localized crimes and busting up the small thugs that ran the streets. Not as much high priority, and not as much face time. Face time? is what he was getting away from.

Turning the corner, Wolvie entered the room where Aly was sitting. An empty glass of wine, and a bridal magazine, she must be doing some planning. A wedding that should have happened a month or two ago, and the fates just wouldn?t allow anything to happen on time.

?Evenin? darlin?. Whatcha doin???

"Wolvie." She smiled as sweetly as she possibly could and closed the magazines before standing up and rushing over to him.

"Oh nothing, just trying to get some ideas down." She sniffled softly. "And, letting myself worry and get a little anxious." Trying to explain away her red eyes.

"There's a lot of work to do and I'm so excited. What about you? Been out working for the guard again tonight? I missed you." Said as she leaned in to kiss his cheek.

" Would you like me to get you a beer? "

?Are you tired?? He asked quizzically, turning in to return her kiss. ?Why are your eyes red??

He noticed something was wrong, not to mention he was getting the hang of their mental bond. Wolvie didn?t bother acknowledging the beer she asked for, nor her question about work. Something wasn?t right, as things haven?t been lately. Besides their usual quarrels, Aly had been overly cautious and emotional recently.

" No, no, like I said, just a little overwhelmed and then really excited. It's like an emotional roller coaster of excitement and anxiety. I'll be fine as soon as I get some more details down. " She left his side to move off to get him that beer anyway.

" Bottle or glass baby?" she asked, while Wolvie watched her in silence for a moment, however he answered before the moment became awkward.

?Bottle hun, if it?s cold.?

"Bottle it is." She said.

He moved over to the bridal magazine, turning it around to gander at what she had been looking at. Thumbing through a few paged quickly he noticed that certain things were circled and notes were jotted down, typical wedding planning stuff. Thinking to himself momentarily, he figured that she was partially telling him the truth, but to avoid a further argument he decided to let it go.

?Work was? eh, nothing exciting again. I investigated a mugging, but no one was injured. I guess this is?? Pausing to let out a sigh, he obviously not happy with his next choice in words. ?What I wanted.?

"No looking, I have dress details in there!" Said as she came back out into the living room and walked over to him. Alystrianna handed him the beer and moved the magazines and notebooks away from him.

"You wanted to be a hero and a good citizen, and you're both. And I love you, so what more could you want?" She beamed and then tugged him over to the couch. " What's wrong? I can feel it. You've got something on your mind."

Wolvinator didn?t follow her tugging, and instead he tugged back with his one free hand.

?Do you really want to see what I want??

His eyes showed a glimmer of something more behind them. Pulling her back he started to make way for the elevator, obviously leading towards the lower level.

?I?ll show you if you?re really interested.?

"I... ugh? sure." She shivered, almost afraid of the tone of is voice. She felt it, felt that something was wrong and even if she didn't find out what it was exactly when they went to the danger room, she knew things were coming to a head. Going along with him, she tried to maintain her cool, tried to keep smiling for him.

"Maybe you just need a back rub and some bedroom time? " Offered cheerily. " I love you baby. "

?I know you do.? His tone of voice was calm, and low. He didn?t seem happy at all, perhaps he knew something, or things weren?t as they seemed. They entered the elevator, pressed the button, and they were on the sub level very quickly. The thought of Aly?s first time getting ?stuck? in the elevator crossed his mind, causing him to smirk a bit before they exited the lift.

?Bedroom time might be nice, depending on? how you feel in a bit.? Those words could have a million different meanings, especially in this current and? awkward situation.

"Feel in a bit? We're not going to have lessons right now are we? Wolvie, I'm tired. I'm mentally drained. How about we go sleep. You look exhausted." She clung to his arm tightly, she really did not like elevators.

"Why are you being so strange tonight? It's freaking me out. I don't like it. You're so level headed. What happened? You have to kill someone tonight?"

?No, I didn?t.? Speaking calmly. ?And we?re not havin? any lessons right now.?

Leading her through the corridors, he passed by the usual areas. The lab, the Danger room, and he even turned passed the hangar areas. Aly had been down this area before, but it wasn?t a part of the facility they had frequented.

?Freakin? ya out huh? Whats wrong?? Wolvie asked, quirking a brow and looking over to her as they walked. ?Tryin? to hide somethin? from me or somethin???

"Besides my wedding dress? No." She laughed softly and followed after him.

She quirked her brow as they went past the danger room and the area where he kept her car and bike.

"Wolvie, where are we going? It's cold outside." She held is hand tightly squeezing, trying to read his thoughts, she focused intently, her bottom lip quivering and her brows burrowing as she tried to concentrate. She just couldn't pinpoint him tonight.

?We aren?t goin? outside Aly.?

Another monotone response. It was almost as if he had a block up, or something else. Whatever was going on, he wasn?t making it easy. The walk continued for a few more moments before he then stopped? abruptly.

Turning to the side he stared at what appeared to be a door sealed off in the metallic corridor. Slowly, his blue eyes shifted to look over to her, watching her reaction as he asked her another query.

?Are you sure yer ready??

"Of course I'm ready. Is this a wedding surprise? What?" She shook her head, exhausted with his strange inquiries and not being able to find out what was wrong.

" I don't want you being in the guard if you're going to be coming home like this all the time. I don't like it baby, it's frightening. "

That got him to smirk again.

Pressing his thumb to a small plate on the wall, the doors slid open and revealed its contents.

Alystrianna

Date: 2008-11-28 20:05 EST
It looked like an armory, weapons were adorned all over the moderate sized room. There were Phasers, both hand held and rifles, regular pistols and automatic machine guns that used lead ammunition, knives, swords, odd looking sharp objects, one definitive Katana, and something that appeared to be a suit or armor in the back of the room.

?Welcome? to the armory.?

For someone that hadn?t been here before, this could certainly be a very intimidating place.

"Your armory. You're acting all crazy over your armory?" She snorted. "You've got some beauties here babe."

Aly walked over towards the Katana, being drawn to it.

"This, this is beautiful. How come you've never shown me this before? Hmm? I should know about this incase the house is ever in trouble. We've got people to protect. "

Her fingers traced along the hilt of the Katana and then over the blade, drips of her blood running down it, though it didn't seem to phase her.

?That isn?t exactly just any old Katana. Might? wanna be careful with that one.?

Stepping deeper into the room, she may have been drawn over to the blade, but he was drawn to the back of the room. Stepping around a few objects, he made a b-line for the uniform that was hanging behind protective glass against the wall.

?The weapons in this room need to be protected, as most of them would be devastating if they fell into the wrong hands. Just like most of the things here in the subbasement, it isn?t for the general public?s knowledge.?

" I'm not general public Wolvie. I can't believe you never brought me here."

He stopped, looking at the hanging uniform and his eyes nearly lit up. It resembled his S.N.E.A.K. suit rather closely, although it had more traces of red to it and quite a few ?X? symbols with a circle encompassing it. There were fingerless gloves, and boots to match, and lastly a? cowl. A cowl that looked like a mask, with slits for eyes and an opening for a person?s mouth, it was definitely there to conceal the identity of the wearer.

?Trust comes in intervals Aly. I? can?t let ya in on everything at once, now can I??

She stopped touching the katana and sucked her finger into her mouth, stopping the bleeding. Her eyes drifted over to the suit and her hand started to tremble. She quickly tried to calm her wits. Biting her lip, she moved behind him, wrapping her arms around him.

"Of course you can trust me. I'm going to be your wife. I want to know everything about you."

"What's that baby? One of your old S.E.E.F. uniforms?"

Feeling her arm wrap around him, he finally returned the sign of affection. Wolvie?s hand moved on top of hers and squeezed it gently. His eyes scanning the entire length of the uniform once more, and a shake of his head, before he spoke again.

?Good guess hun, but not S.E.F.F. The? X-Men.?

The X-Men, something he? rarely talked about, if at all with her. It finally looked like the torment he was putting her through really had nothing to do with her, perhaps he really did have a heavy mind.She got a little giddy as she moved around to face him.

"The X-men. Is that like the guard? It looks important." She giggled. " I bet your butt looks great in that suit, hmm? Maybe you can try it on, model it for me upstairs. " She leaned in, kissing him again. "What's the real reason we're down here?"

?This is the reason why we?re down here.?

He gently kissed her back, then giving her an up nod to the suit again, his face with a wide grin at the rear-end comment.

?The X-Men, Xavier?s men. It was, is? an organization I belong to. I?ve told you about S.E.F.F., and Starfleet, but? the X-Men is the final, and possibly most important, organization that I?ve belonged to.?

His face turned to look at her, as he continued to speak, giving her a bit of a history lesson.

?Years ago, when I was young, I was unfortunately? mixed up with a conspiracy. It was a project, that basically ripped away my humanity, and turned me into a? living weapon.?

The words ?living weapon? came out of his mouth with intense distain. This was definitely a sore subject, and perhaps why he never spoke about it to her before. They had talked briefly about his Adamantium claws and bones, but nothing too in depth. However Aly knew what he meant immediately when he brought it up.

?I lived in Japan for a time.? he continued. ?Learning how to hone my new? additions, and to learn different combat techniques. However, one thing I couldn?t learn how to do, was to fully control my emotions. So after much trial and error I ended up going back to a place where an important part of my life started.?

Wolvinator turned now, releasing her grip a bit as he started to pace around the room.

?I avoided Starfleet for a long time, and even S.E.F.F. for that matter. They had me on a sort of ?indefinite leave.? So, after training in Japan I went? home. And before long, I returned to the Xavier institute.?

Xavier. The name he spoke of before, it was the name of his ship, and the name of a school he intended at one point. That name definitely had an intense and profound meaning.

She nodded to his words slowly; her hands trembling again as she listened to him speak.

"I'm sorry, will you excuse me? I don't feel well. I can feel you, you're tense and it's making feel not so well." She covered her mouth and took off running without waiting for him to ask further question. Tears burst from her eyes as she ran through the sub level and then to the lift where she slammed the button and went inside, closing the doors and waiting for it to take her up.

After a few moments of silence, that seemed to last an eternity, the doors opened. Wolvinator was standing there looking at her with an almost half smirk on his face.

?Not a fan of Professor Charles Xavier darlin???

He was trying to joke with her a bit to help her clear the mood, as he wasn?t sure why she ran out on him and practically locked herself in the elevator.

?Maybe I never shoulda brought ya in that room, eh??

She jumped back when he came into the elevator, she hated the stupid thing, never could get it to work right.

"No, no. I want to know more about you it's just overwhelming sometimes when I can see all your thoughts and feel your feelings. Back there, I felt things, anger, a lot of anger. It just affects me differently. To know that someone made you so upset, it hurts me because I love you so much. I'd kill the sons of bitches myself." She bit her lip, she was talking too much.

" Upstairs. I feel sick. We need to go up. "

Alystrianna

Date: 2008-11-28 20:16 EST
Nodding to her, he pressed the button, so that the elevator would do as she asked. He didn?t push the issue with her sickness, as he could understand that psychics sometimes had problems with emotional trauma. He?d dealt with telepaths, empaths and psychics many times before, so to him her? ?sickness? was a natural occurrence.

?That uniform? helped me.? He started speaking again, trying to conceal his thoughts and talk to her normally. This was quite important to him, and she had told him that she wanted to know, so he did his best to continue on carefully.

?It hid me from those that wanted to hurt me, for a long? long time. I could go out, in uniform, and take care of any criminal element without having to worry that the criminals were going to come back and hurt me, or my family.?

?After a time, I was forced into a situation where I returned to S.E.F.F., then afterwards took an assignment on a Starship serving for a year or two. but somehow I would always return to that uniform, to that institute? to the X-Men. I learned a lot there, I learned how to help others that couldn?t help themselves. I defended peoples civil rights, and fought for equality. But behind that mask? I didn?t have anything to worry about, the mask served as a barrier, and as a symbol of hope to the hopeless and a symbol of fear to the feared.?

"Maybe that's where you need to be then. Maybe the guard isn?t right. I?ll understand if you need to go back to Xavier."

She took off running as soon as the doors opened and ran for the bathroom, of course there were several, but she ran for the one upstairs and slammed the door shut as she sat down on the floor, breaking out in a cold sweat as she rocked back and forth. She was paler than normal, her face white a sheet, and her body was shaking. Wrapping her arms around her knees, she closed her eyes, trying to get him out of her head.

?I?m sorry!? He yelled from the staircase as he ascended it, sighing and shaking his head. This little revelation session was not going as planned at all. His own emotional bearings had thrown hers all out of wack, and that was making him feel horrible, or at least so he thought.

?Let me just shut the fuck up, here I am airing my problems out, and I?m gettin ya sick.?

"No, no. I'm okay. I'll be okay." She stood up quickly and moved to the sink, splashing water on her face.

"It was just unexpected. Give me a few moments to gather myself and strengthen some barriers and you can continue." Said as she walked out, patting her face dry. " I want to know. I need to know. This is important to you. "

?I just don?t wanna stress ya out.? He said, walking down the hallway and towards her slowly.

?I know this stuff can be rough, and that?s why? I didn?t wanna bring ya down there for a while. It can be a lot to handle.?

" It's just, like I said, the feelings I get from you. I don't like them. What... what happened back there. I mean.. back then?" She blinked rapidly as she continued to wipe at her face.

" There are missing pieces, so much I don't know. Are you going to tell me or do you just want to go to bed?" She raised her eyebrows to him, almost looking hopeful.

His response came almost too-quickly.

?I don?t want to go to bed.? He paused for a moment before continuing. ?At least, not yet.?

Holding out his hand for her, he started to lead her to the bedroom, perhaps a more familiar atmosphere would help the mood.

?Like I was sayin?, Professor X helped me understand my mutant powers, and he helped me deal with the trauma I went through. After a while, I went back, and I?d serve tours of duty on Starships, and I gotta admit I was in the right place at the right time more then once. I?m probably the only Starfleet Admiral that didn?t have a hefty full-time career till I was a captain.?

Smirking and chuckling, he led her over to the bed and guided her to sit. He didn?t bother to sit himself as he wanted to remain focused and finished talking about the thoughts that were playing through his head.

?But that uniform protected me, protected who I was. Sorta like how? Wolvinator, the name, has protected me for so long. I was thinkin? about? goin? back to that uniform. Maybe I could make a difference here and protect my identity at the same time, so I wouldn?t have to worry about ya or any of these maniacs tryin? to attack the estate.?

"You mean like that guy on picture box? Clark Kent? You wanna be like him?"

She tilted her head to the side as she sat down and curled into the bed, trying to block out some of his thoughts.

?Yeah, like Clark Kent. A? Secret Identity. That?s all Wolvinator has ever been, that?s what that other uniform represents, hey? every superhero?s gotta have one right? I guess wearin? that big old robe doesn?t really fulfill that lil paranoia I?ve got. Just, all that mess that we went through during the election, I?m sketchy about bein? put in a situation where you or anyone else could get hurt.?

?The idea dawned on me a little while back.? He explained. ?I've heard about a masked character runnin' around, durin' the Zombie invasion, the Marketplace bombings, and a few other things. People were callin' 'em the Crimson Flash. It gave me memories of the things I used to do, and how... excitin' it was. Well, not too long ago I was readin' through the local prints and I found out that he was unmasked in the Red Dragon Inn, and it turned out to be Grem McTirin, one of the locals I've bumped into a few times. So, in a roundabout way, I know what the guys goin' through now, and I sorta wanna go back to those days. A time when I still wore a mask.?

Slowly pacing about the room as he talked to her, she just listened, and he continued on for a moment.

?It was different when I first came here, I didn?t have anyone else to worry about ?cept fer myself. But now that I?ve got you around, and some of the people that frequent the estate, I don?t wanna risk anyone else?s neck but my own.?

"Well, baby, if it's what you've got to do, I'll support you.? Aly responded. ?Whatever you want. Whatever makes you happy, I'll stand by you. I promise. " She patted the bed for him to join her.

"Professor X must have been an amazing man."

Nodding, he moved to sit down next to her. Adjusting himself he leaned back into the bed further and laid down on his back staring at the ceiling for a moment, deep in thought with what he just told her.

?Chuck is an amazin? man, even though I had a father growing up, and still have one, he was definitely a secondary father figure to me. I could? sure use some of his guidance now.?

"Well, as long as you're careful and safe. Although, people might laugh if you wear tights. So make sure you stick with the sexy suit in the sub level. Okay?" She smiled and curled up to him. "Who is Chuck? Is that Xavier? Tell me about him."

Laughing at that he wrapped her arms around her and held her close to him.

?Yeah Chuck, Charlie, Charles. He?s a mutant, a psychic actually, one of the most powerful psychics on Earth. He created the X-Men as a group of individuals, with abilities, to help fight for Mutant rights. His ideals were peaceful, caring, and he wanted all of humanity to be united in harmony, not to mention? extra-terrestrials. He gave us all hope, all of us that were different. The X-Men was a chance for us to use our abilities for good, to help all of humanity, and to have a place for us mutants to fit it. It was those moments in my life that made me who I am, gave me direction, it?s what I believe in and what I fight for.?

?He?s someone I truly need to thank for setting my course, and helping me do something that I truly love doing. Helping other people.?

Her bottom lips trembled again and she nodded, curling against him and hiding her face against his chest.

"He sounds like an amazing man. I'm glad you had the opportunity to meet him and study under him. Just think, if things had gone differently, you may never have met him. So, I guess, some of the bad stuff was worth it then. Right?" She peeked up at him briefly.

?The bad things that happen make us who we are. It was a horrible experience, but I wouldn?t be who I am without it happening. It?s definitely saved my life more then once, but? I?ll??

He stopped, doing his best to wipe the thoughts from his mind.

?I?ll spare ya the trauma and just not think about it. There?s so much other? nicer stuff we can talk about. Bein? in three organizations, and havin? a family, my life hasn?t ever really seen a dull moment, so we could always talk about the??

Another pause, but this time? it was a yawn, a nice long and large yawn. He was growing tired, more so now since he was becoming comfortable on the bed, next to his fianc?e.

?More interesting stuff.?

"I agree, the bad stuff makes us who we are, but no need to focus on that. I don't like it when you're upset, it makes me feel yucky." She pulled the blankets up over them and laid her head on his chest. " You're sleepy. Maybe you should go to sleep and we can talk about the interesting stuff tomorrow. Hmm? What do you say?"

His eyes started to close a bit as he nodded into her, nuzzling his face into her neck as he tried to get more comfortable.

?It?s been a long day Aly, how about I take off tomorrow and we just spend the day together, alright??

"Sounds perfect." She closed her eyes, sighing softly, glad that he was going to sleep. As he relaxed his thoughts faded and her mind was more at ease. Her fingers lightly trailed up and down his chest as she listened to his heart, the sound calming her as she drifted off.

A single whisper came from him, one of sincerity and of passion.

?Always remember, no matter what happens, I love you Alystrianna.? It was his final words, before drifting off to sleep himself.

The tears slid silently down her cheeks as she heard him, but she said nothing, hoping he believed her asleep and wouldn't feel the wetness of her tears. She mouthed the words back and thought them long and hard, hoping he'd hear her mind speaking them. He had to believe them.