Topic: Redemption in Absence

Wolvinator

Date: 2007-07-23 18:30 EST
It smiled, viciously. Being a male of sorts it certainly had some feminine, almost feline, features to it. His mouth hanging open like a lion ready to pounce on it's unsuspecting prey. The tongue in his mouth seductively slid across his upper pallet and coarsely pushed into his elongated canines. The complexion of the man, if one could call it that, was deathly pale. The eyes were an eerie onyx that reflected everything it was fixated on before itself.

A pile, of almost uncountable numbers, stacked on top of the floor. Multiple species and types of individuals lay on top of another after another, practically a football pile on... by the looks of it. Odd looking beasts, animals, warriors, robots, vampires; in fact, it was such a gaggle that not everything could be appropriately analyzed.

The tongue flicked off the canine letting a droplet of blood fling forward, as he crouched down on all fours. He arched his back and leaped into the air with dazzling speed. The smile widened. Hands and feet reached out to attack, long sharp fingernails ready to tear apart what was under that pile. It hissed a fierce yell and began to make it's decent from the peak of his jump, with long hair now floating above his head. It quickly approached the pile, falling faster and faster toward it. Then... the smile immediately fell from it's face, and fear took over the expression.

The pile was thrusted upward in an explosive fashion. Bodies flew outward and away from the center in all directions. The... thing tried to stop it's fall to where the pile once was, and all too late. Rising like a phoenix from the ashes, a spinning blue flame shot into the sky with an enraged yell. The attacker tried to back peddle now, kicking and fighting through the air wildly and it met the fire.

Time seemed to degrade to slow-motion and them to a momentary freeze frame. The being's head was jolted backward as it went through the rising flame. It's jaw met with the empowering strike of an uppercutting fist. The two pieces of flesh met and then were ejected from one another as the attacker flew back toward whence it came. The spinning flame disappeared to reveal a man as he returned to the earth. The sound of a thud echoed from both of his boots slamming into the pavement.

Wolvinator stood there, hands at both of his sides, clenched extremely tight. His uniform was ripped and tattered. Pieces of it missing from his thighs to his chest. His breathing was deep and rapid, eyes focused on the ground for a moment. Wolvie's fists had just released a blue hue that had encased them... mere seconds ago. The deep blue eyes shifted upwards now, watching as the dozens upon dozens of attackers once again rose to their feet. A quick sound jolted from his hands. The sound of metal sliding against metal. Quick and rough. There wasn't anything graceful about it, unless you were a warrior.

From the origin of the sound, three-twelve inch blades appeared from just above, and between, Wolvinator's knuckles. They were sharp. Razor sharp would be an insult in comparison. The almost serene setting quickly came to a halt now as he bolted forward and unleashed his fury. It was a warrior's dance. The events unfolded with such speed and precision that not all of the melee could be comprehended with the human eye. Robots were cut down to size in one foul swipe of the blades. Beasts were sickenly spun through the air with acrobatic kicks and martial art techniques. The close quarter combat of Wolvinator was apparently... second to none.

If the aggressors attacked, they were met with a profound rebuttal. Body parts, vital fluid, almost anything imaginable was being thrown in just about any direction. Every single being fell. Screams, yells, growls could almost be deciphered in the battle until only one was left.

The Nosgoth king boldly looked at Wolvinator's bloodied hands and body. His claws dripped with the blood and oil of the minions from the attack. The black cloak hugged the figure as Wolvie approached him. The gold chain, and black dragon pendant dangled from his neck in an almost taunting manor. He slid his hand downward to his belt of throwing daggers, cupping one in his hand as the approach continued. At six-foot-five, he easily towered over him, and his large black wings made him appear even larger.

"Darkmere... Alcar..." Wolvinator's voice emitted, in a low and deep tone. The Vampire Angel smiled to him, his canines flashed as well. It looked as though, it would be something the two of them were looking forward to.

Wolvinator

Date: 2007-07-23 22:22 EST
" This..." Darkmere spoke to him. " Is your final stand." He flexed his wings outward to emit a large gust of wind, and pulled a dagger from his belt. With one loud stomp of his right boot, Wolvinator sprinted forward. The speeds he achieved were unattainable by an average human, and even took his target off guard. Alcar threw the dagger at Wolvinator, pulling another one... and threw that one as well. And another, and another. They struck into his chest, his leg, his arm, his neck... all in succession. But that wouldn't stop him.

Alcar tried to dart backward, his wings taking flight. Wolvinator's hand grabbed him on his leg, holding him in place. Darkmere looked down at him and lifted his opposite leg to strike. Wolvie pulled him down and struck him in the chest with his claws, piercing through it and coming out clear of the other side. He gritted his teeth together, Wolvinator's own upper canines grinding into the lower ones. He was filled with rage and anger. The strike felt good, clean... complete. Pulling the blades from Alcar's chest, his body dropped to the ground, and a hydraulic sound emanated behind Wolvinator.

"Here you are Admiral..."

"Thank you."

Wolvie stood over him, looking down at Darkmere, whom laying before him. Reaching up, he pulled the daggers from various parts of his person and let them fall to the ground, one by one. He glanced over his shoulder, as the hydraulic noise sounded again.

"Something bothering you Wolvie?" The voice spoke and was similar to Wolvinator's, yet different at the same time. Instead of directly responding to him, he stood tall and looked forward.

"End program."

A whooshing sound swept over them, and immediately the entire scene faded from sight. All that remained is Wolvinator, and the one behind him. The two of them stood in a large, square room, with yellow lines that represented grid marks. Wolvie turned around to face the individual, his uniform still tattered and partially torn off. His metallic blades slipped back into his fists with a "snikt" sound. The holes where the throwing knives once impaled him were virtually gone, yet those wounds were no simulation.

"Nothin'" He finally replied to the man, before continuing. "What makes ya think somethin's wrong?" The two began to approach each other in the room that was just a battlefield moments ago.

"I've known you for what, over forty years now? I know when something is bothering you." The two men finally came to one another, and shared a very informal handshake. They pulled themselves toward one another, touching their chests together, as if they were hugging. With their free hands, they gave each other a rather hard pat on the back. It was a warriors handshake. to say the least. As they separated, they looked each other up and down, as old friends do.

The other man was in a working Starfleet Uniform with an Admiral's insignia. He was tall, quite tall, around six-foot-four and possibly even taller. It was hard to tell in the current environment. He had a fair complexion with very unique green eyes. They were a variety of different colors and seemed to grow lighter as they reached deeper in to the pupil. He had dirty blond hair that was short compared to most standards, but it did have some length to it.

"Just lettin' off some steam." Wolvie replied.

"On level ten, with safety parameters disabled? Those are danger room levels, sounds more than just letting off some steam."

Wolvinator shook his head, trying to shrug it off.

"Somethin' I just needed to take care of, letting off aggression... ya know?" He looked up at the man, placing his right hand over the back of his neck to roughly massage it.
"Last thing I wanna do is snap, ya know?"

The other man smiled at him, and motioned him towards the door.

"I know Wolvie, I know." He paused looking up as the door slid open, before continuing on.

"Why don't ya tell me what's been going on?"

Wolvinator

Date: 2007-07-24 13:01 EST
"Sounds like you've been busy." The admiral spoke, as he sat in a very comfortable chair. His green eyes swept around the room momentarily, taking in the quarters. He reached his hand over and picked up a book that rested on the side table. Pulling the book toward him, he spun it around is his grasp to view the title. The Art of War. A smile played on his face now, it was quite ironic that he would pick up this book... of all the reading material his dear friend had. Typical Wolvinator.

Wolvie turned the corner wearing a towel around his waist, his body still slightly saturated from his shower he recently finished. A metallic chain hung from his neck to the middle of his chest, with two dog tags at it's end. Both of them had a black band around them, frequently called "silencers", to prevent them from making too much noise as they bang together.

"Well, it's been nearly ten years since I last frequented there... and it's been quite nonstop since my return." Wolvinator said as he grabbed a second towel to finish drying his short cropped hair.

"It's been quite a long while since the last time I saw you in that kind of mood. They really must have ticked you off." The admiral replied.

"It's nothing, like I said. Just blowin' off some steam. I'd rather do it here, then actually do it to the guy... ya know?"

"I know."

"I've been keeping good tabs on my temper..." Wolvie threw the second towel back on it's drying post, and then retreated to the closet for a moment and out of site of his friend, before continuing.

"You know me better than anyone, and if 'The Rage' takes over there's really no stoppin' until all the targets are down."

"Thats what makes you strong Wolvie, you can control it. I've seen you at your best, and at your worst. Your control over your temper has certainly grown considerably as time has gone on."

"You've went berserker yerself too, don't forget." He tried to rebuttle.

"Hey, we've all had our moments." The two of them chuckled, as Wolvinator reappeared from the closet. He was wearing a complete Starfleet working Uniform, complete with insignia and collar device. The Admiral held up the book, as if showing Wolvie that he had found it, before setting it back down on the table.

"Is that the same one from the Academy?" He questioned him, while placing his hands on the armrests. Pushing down gently he pushed himself to his feet, and stood before his good friend.

"Same one." Wolvinator replied, as a chirp emitted from his chest insignia, and a voice spoke through it.

"Lieutenant Commander M'Gia to Admiral Wolvinator."

"Perfect timing." The officer with blond hair replied, still showing a gentle smile on his face. Returning the smile, Wolvinator tapped his communications badge and a chirp sounded again while he spoke.

"Yes, go ahead Chief."

"I have a few things in main engineering that myself and Lieutenant Commander Stonn would like you to have a look at."

Wolvie looked at the other Admiral, and the two of them nodded. He turned towards the exit to his room, and the two doors separated themselves in the middle with a swoosh sound.

"Roger Commander, on my way."

Wolvinator

Date: 2007-07-25 18:05 EST
The slender blue skinned female leaned over and looked down at a readout in main engineering. Her hair was a silvery color, with two antennae on the top of her head, and her collar device signified that she was a Lieutenant Commander. Her eyes swept over the screens swiftly as she followed an olive colored hand that pointed out varies objects on the display. Standing beside her, and pointing out the readouts, was another Lieutenant Commander. His pointed ears were very prominent as they sat outside of dark bowl shaped haircut. His eyebrows were very distinct as well, rather elongated and narrow.

The female's antennae danced for a moment as the air current in the room changed, from the onset of two approaching individuals. Two Admiral's had made their way to engineering.

"Status report Commander M'Gia." Wolvinator said as he made his way over to the readout display. The Andorian female stood tall and looked over to Wolvie, and she began to speak.

"Commander Stonn and myself have made some developments that we would like to share with you sir." She then looked over to Stonn as he continued. He spoke with a rather monotone voice, not showing any signs of emotion, and strictly about business.

"It appears that from the readings we analyzed from your tricorder, we have observed a variety of phenomena." Wolvinator looked down at the display screen, as did the second Admiral, while the Science officer continued.

"From what we analyzed, there are hundreds if not thousands of possible species combinations on the planet. Everything ranging from Vampires and the undead, to mutagenic and superhuman individuals, all the way to beings of godlike abilities."

"Would this solidify the theory that Rhy'Din is some form of, multiversal crossroads?" Admiral Wolvinator asked as the Vulcan Science officer nodded, tapping away at the console brining up another picture.

"It seems as though the universal constant is what the locals have dubbed 'The Nexus'..." M'Gia picked up.

"The Nexus is an inter dimensional, nonlinear, and multiversal rift of some kind. It is capable of pulling individuals and devices from one existence and bringing them into Rhy'Din. Sometimes without warning, and other times fully controllable." Stonn nodded with the Chief engineer, and then continued on himself.

"It appears that the Nexus has some form of marker, that can determine your place of origin. At least in our Universe. Every time you travel to the planet, there is a nebula that you pass through..."

Wolvie nodded, crossing his arms as he listened.

"That Nebula seems to be part of the overall Nexus that transports individuals to this multiverse focal point. I would surmise that it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to use the Nexus or the Nebula as a means to transport individuals from another Universe to our own."

"Understood Commander, excellent findings. I want to position the Xavier outside of the Nebula for further analysis into that hypothesis. I want to know as much as I can about the Nebula, and this Nexus."

The four individuals looked at each other, as the two Commanders responded in perfect synchronization.

"Aye, aye sir..."

Wolvinator

Date: 2007-07-25 20:31 EST
"Do you have any new findings in regards to the "magic" and field harmonics that we discussed?" Wolvinator asked, looking over at this two members of senior staff while they all stood in main engineering.

"Actually Admiral, we have some developments in regards to the magic you discussed, at least on some level." Stonn responded, standing upright and placing both of his hands behind him in a parade rest motion.

"We have so far found three separate explanations for the magic phenomena from three individuals respectively. First; one subject appears to have control over the elements and his surroundings as some form of psionic or telekinetic ability, similar to many individuals throughout the Galaxy as well as on Earth."

They all seemed to nod in unicen, agreeing with the Commander's findings.

"Secondly, it appears that at least one individual has an altered genetic composition do to their displacement on the planet. Very similar to the effects on a planet's gravity or atmosphere on an Alien being. For example, I being a Vulcan appear to have a stronger physical strength due to the increased gravity on my planet's surface. We've also known some alien life forms to generate extraordinary abilities due to the UV Radiation from the sun. Also..."

"Understood Mister Stonn." Wolvinator interrupted. "The third explanation you've come across please."

"Understood Admiral. The final explanation seems to be a microscopic life forms that exists inside the cells of certain individuals."

Wolvinator's glance looked over to the Admiral, and then to Commander M'Gia, before returning to Stonn. A puzzling look on his face.

"Similar to what we know of medi-chlorians?" He asked.

"Quite." The Chief science officer responded. "It seems that these microscopic organisms form a link to the environment around them, acting as a sort of sensory organ through which it could be perceived and manipulated."

"Intriguing." The Admiral replied, looking over to Wolvinator. "Is there anything else?"

"Yes sir..." M'Gia piped in. "I am currently attempting to devise a more widely ranged harmonic dampener, to combat against the harmonic frequencies that some individuals have been using. I am not sure if it will be effective against other's, but it will definitely be able to safeguard you from the harmonic resonance of Sarjon."

Wolvinator nodded, as his Chief Engineer continued.

"Also, I am attempting to develop a variety of weaponry for you to use on your person while on the planet's surface. I am currently consulting Kli'tar on that course of action."

"Understood Chief, keep me informed."

"Will do sir." Wolvie then looked around at all of them, and asked one last time.

"Anything else?" The two Commanders shook their heads, and looked at him. He then nodded to them, speaking one last time.

"Alright, excellent work. I'll be looking forward to your progress." With that Wolvinator looked over to his friend, and the two of them proceeded out of main engineering.

Wolvinator

Date: 2007-07-26 20:30 EST
The two Admiral's released their handshakes from one another, as the taller of the two turned and stepped up on the transporter pad. Turning back around now he faced Wolvinator giving what seemed to be a forced smile.

"Are you sure you don't wanna come with me back to Rhy'Din?" Wolvinator asked with a sign of hope in his face.

"I'll think about it. I'm currently working on a few other projects at the moment." The other Admiral replied to him.

"C'mon... it'll be fun. Another adventure. You and me, like always. I could really use the help."

"I'll see." At hearing that, Wolvinator gave him a grin and they both nodded at one another.

"Take care." He wished him.

"You as well." And Wolvie turned to his transporter officer, giving him a slight nod. The officer tapped away a few commands at the console, and then slid his hand upwards along a lighted motion lever. Wolvinator turned back to look at his friend as a stream of blue sparkling energy cascaded over his body, and he began to dematerialize. Within seconds the Admiral had completely disappeared from view and the energy stream had ceased.

"Thank you chief." he spoke with a nod, and proceeded out of the transporter room. Wolvinator walked down the corridor, casually nodding at crew mates from time to time as he came to a Turbolift and stepped into it. The doors swished behind him while he turned around to face them.

"Bridge."

The computer beeped at him and then began moving upward. The small opague windows behind him showed the passing of light while he sped past each one of the decks, and a soft humming sound came on while the equipment moved him throughout the vessel. He waited patiently, and placed his hands behind his back in a parade rest fashion as he did so. The trip was fairly quick, but it seemed much longer when you were alone in the lift. No one to talk to or share the ride with, let alone look at. It was as if you were watching a pot filled with water, and waiting for it to boil.

The transportation system came to a halt with another small beep, and the doors opened revealing the bridge to him. Taking a small breath, Admiral Wolvinator stepped onto it.

"Admiral on the bridge!" The boatswain mate announced, while the entire bridge crew stood from their posts and completely at attention. It was a tradition to announce the commander of a vessel, and he wasn't one for preventing a tradition from being carried out.

"As you were." Wolvinator ordered, while the crew went back to their duties. His deep blue eyes gently played over the bridge. Various stations lit up displays, schematics and readouts. The shipmates working to monitor ship systems and maintain their accurate positions while on the watch. It was quite an amazing thing to look at, even after all of these years serving in similar environments, he felt like it was a wonder to see. Making a left turn from the turbolift, he proceeded down a gently decline and made his way toward the command chair.

A large eight foot individual stood in front of the center command chair, looking down at the Admiral in a respectful way. He was in superior physical condition with pale blue skin and large hands with only four fingers on each hand. Two of the fingers appeared to be opposite opposable thumbs. He wore a uniform that surprisingly fit his physique, with a Commander's collar device, and had some form of a marking on his forehead just above his eyes. The Commander had no hair on the top of his head, and it did not look like he had the ability to do so.

"Good evening Admiral." he spoke at a low but deep tone, there was much power in his voice and it could be told in those three words he spoke.

"Good evening number one." Wolvinator replied. Number one is a title affectionately given to an officer who is second in command, literally because the first officer is, in name, the commanding officer's "number one" man or woman. This stems from an ancient human naval tradition from the days when sails were state-of-the-art propulsion systems.

"Admiral, we are still in formation with the USS Locust. Their commanding officer is safely aboard."

"Understood Mister Wootuay. Break formation with the Locust, and lay in a course for the Rhy'Din System.

"Aye, aye sir." replied Commander Wootuay as the two men took their respective seats on the bridge. The first officer looked forward at the helm.

"Helm, set a course for the Rhy'Din nebula, warp six."

"Course plotted, and laid in." A female voice spoke from the navigational chair, tapping away at the console before her.

"Take us there." Wootuay ordered, and the vessel streaked off into the stars.