Topic: Shall we meet again?

Kiah

Date: 2007-08-25 12:00 EST
Kiah wrapped pallid arms around his daughter's waist, hugging her small frame against his own form. He was waiting on Kaspar's arrival, they had made an appointment to meet with another and she had yet to show up. Though... he couldn't expect mortals to be as punctual as himself, especially with how much free time he had on his hands.

The closest thing to work he ever did was watch the four year old who took up a lean against him. She was rarely out of his sight and did behave well so it was never really a problem. Finding a mate just wasn't an issue after his wife had died. True... he did run around taunting other people, but he did it for mere enjoyment every now and then. Nonetheless, he would wait for this female... He had wanted to talk to her regarding the fact that she could speak with the dead and such.

It had certainly caught his interest and he wasn't about to let her off easy either, he wanted to see just how much she could do. You didn't become a two century old vampire and not make sure you had fun and made the most of it. Things could get quite boring... and this was by no means... boring.

Kaspar

Date: 2007-08-25 12:31 EST
Kaspar walked at a rather fast rate to the Market where Kiah was to await her, "Sorry I'm late..." She took a deep breath of air before looking to him and nodded faintly.

"Perhaps you would like to head to the Estate? I don't really want anyone to overhear this conversation if it is about the afore mentioned. I'd rather the ones I'm living with hear anything of it first."

She waited for Kiah to acquiesce before she glanced down at his daughter, a faint smile curled at her lips. "She's lovely..." She reached out her hand and pushed a strand of hair behind the child's ear. "This must be Mallory Ivyral, right?" She looked up to Kiah as she waited for him to assure her that she hadn't just greeted a niece or something.

"Aye," he spoke in a low tone. "This be me daughter, Rye... Mayhaps we shall be on our way now and nae speak of thee child?"

Kaspar seemed slightly taken aback by that, the way he had referred to his child now seemed so rude. He had spoken so fondly of her before that day, perhaps he didn't want to waste time? That must have been it. She led the way, walking in step with the two for what seemed like a half an hour.

When the two finally approached the gate, she eyed the older man a moment before she pressed her hand to a DNA encoded touch pad. It was taking her a while to get used to all the technical stuff.

"Looks like ye be faring well as far as money goes with the way things be looking for ye... I thought ye did nae have a job or do ye jus' live here and allow others to take care of ye?"

She contemplated on glaring daggers at him and instead smiled brightly, "Let's just say I have a man who knows how to woo a lady properly."

"Ye hurt me, Rye..." He feigned a bullet to the chest by placing a hand over his heart and leaving the other in a resting position on his daughter's shoulder.

She stepped inside the Estate, biting her lip and making her way for the dining room. "I guess we can sit down here... Would you like something to drink?"

Her response was a shake of the head before she removed a chair and seated herself, awaiting for him and his daughter to do the same. She was surprised at how silent the child was, she hadn't said a word the whole time. Her gaze slipped to Kiah and she awaited for him to start this whole conversation he had planned.

Kiah

Date: 2007-08-26 14:09 EST
He cleared his throat gently and looked around to make sure no one might be eavesdropping or something. He didn't really care if people heard what they spoke of, but he knew the whole idea of it bothered her. He wasn't a complete jerk and in order to get anywhere he was going to need the female's full cooperation. Otherwise he might not even be there at all, his gaze slid to his daughter and he made a small gesture towards her with a wave of the hand.

"Do ye wish for me tae have her leave? I do nae like tae leave her alone, mayhaps someone could watch her?"

Kaspar shook her head violently, letting pink strands of hair hit her cheeks lightly. "She's fine, she can stay here... Besides if you have any ideas of..." She eyed the child a moment, "Having me work with you regarding any of this then she might as well know what you're getting yourself into." As if to confirm all of this, her gaze slid to Mallory and she arched a slender black brow. "Right, Miss Mally?"

The little four year old shook her head up and down vigorously, big eyes fixated on the woman. She obviously liked the little nickname the woman gave her despite how strange it sounded to their own years. She was four and was still allowed to have odd fascinations. The child rose to her feet and crawled into Kaspar's lap abruptly, fingers reaching out to play with the woven strands of pink.

She laughed lightly and embraced the child quite comfortably, not seeming to mind it at all. She found the child rather adorable. "As you were saying, Micajah?" Returning to the matter at hand while managing no to ignore the child completely.

"Aye... I wish for ye to explain ye background tae me if it naught be any trouble."

Kaspar

Date: 2007-08-27 11:59 EST
She took a deep breath and nodded curtly, moving the child a bit to look at Kiah a bit better so that she could actually see him. "I guess I should start by telling you the same story I heard from my Grandmother so you have a better idea of everything and then I'll continue on my own life story. I hope you like listening to people ramble a lot..."

"Aye, verra well. Ramble away, M'lady," he said with a small dismissive wave of the hand.

"My Father met my Mother back when they were children, she knew nothing of his heritage. Just that he was part Hispanic and part Japanese, he was from a bloodline of Females who practiced what most people call voodoo or witchcraft when in actuality it is an innate talent to use magic at your own will. I haven't tried much of it myself... Anyways, the two fell in love somehow and they were engaged to be wed. My Father told my Mother of his bloodline and everything, she told him that everything was fine. For a long while she was afraid to have children... and then I was born, she made sure she didn't get herself too attached to me at all because I was female."

"Apparently the trait for it is dominant with the females and recessive for those that are male, it is rare to show up in a male unless both parents carried the trait somehow. My Mother waited two years before she had another child when she had another female she was upset... three years later my sister started to show the trait rather profoundly and she killed my sister. Torturing her in any way possible. Her mouth was sewed shut which created a lot of blood flow and such... My sister was completely and utterly dead at the point."

She could feel Kiah's gaze fixated on her, no blinking or anything. It was just there, boring through her like she wasn't even there at the moment. She wondered if it was because he was so intent on finding more out about her background. Or if it was simply because the topic had actually disturbed him. Something getting under his skin almost made her laugh out loud, the thought of it was so inconceivable to her that she had to shake her head and force herself to continue speaking.

"When I was five, right after my sister's death... My Father began to suffer from some kind of heart failure... I didn't know what exactly it was at the time, but apparently it was Heart Cancer. Anyways... My Mother left after a year because I had started speaking with my deceased sister... She would come to my room and hear me talking... Apparently it was the day that I asked her how she died that my Mother actually left, my Grandmother said that's what she had told my Father. She never visited him after that and I was stuck providing his care. Forced to live on the streets and fend for myself while also caring for him.. that's how I pretty much lived my life."

"Rye, I'm surprised ye are nae dead..."

Light laughter tumbled past thin light pink lips as she watched him studiously. "Thanks..."

"I was nae teasing ye... I was being serious... Ye have one screwed up past, do ye nae?"

"I guess so, now is there anything else you want to know or do you want to continue with whatever requests you might have?" She quirked a a dark brow at him, colored pink with some kind of makeup pencil so that it matched the bright color of her hair. She had rambled off so much that she would have never noticed had someone else entered unless Kiah reacted to them. At the time she was completely oblivious to the fact that Mallory was trying to pull the pink strands of hair into her mouth.

Kiah cleared his throat gently, "Mal, tha' is nae fer eatin'"

Kiah

Date: 2007-08-28 01:10 EST
The child's eyes brimmed with tears and she began to sob rather loudly, Kiah stared at her a moment and she clutched at Kaspar violently. The child buried her face into the female's chest, "Mama!" It was the first thing the female would hear the small four year old say since their introduction. "I'm sorry! No one time! Dun let him hit me!"

Kiah held his hands up defensively as he received a cold blooded glare from Kaspar, "Rye, I have nae evah lay a finger on tha' child's head. She jus' gets upset easily since her Mother's death naught but a year past."

She glanced at Kiah suspiciously for a moment or two, "Why did she call me Mama, Micajah?"

"I have nae the slightest, Rye! Otha than the fact tha' ye treat her properly so she may think ye are her Mother...?"

"Forget it... your request?" She changed the subject, stroking her fingers through the ultra thin hair as she tried to soothe the child by swaying her lightly. Her attempts seemed to be working, but her mind was focused on the changed subject now.

"I have several propositions, Miss Rye... Thee first one is off subject though, I have noticed that Mallory seems to be taking a liking to ye. I ask that ye keep an eye on her in exchange for my assistance... I wish to see ye progress with ye voodoo ye speak of. And I shall offer myself as means of protection for ye should ye need it as well as search for someone to teach ye how to fend for ye self without this said magic."

"I think I can fend for myself quite fine, I've managed so far..."

"Street fighting won't save ye ass!"

"What of it?" She countered, challenging him. "Isn't voodoo enough once I've mastered it?"

"Nae, it is naught!" He was beginning to lose his temper with her now, letting his rage fill his words which only seemed to startle his daughter. "Ye have nae mastered it yet and even if ye do... Do ye want someone messing with your mind somehow or blocking ye magic? Then what? Ye be useless! What will ye do next then, Rye?!"

"Fine, I'll agree to your conditions.. but," she held up and index finger. "How am I going to have time to do all this and watch Mallory? I don't have all the time in the world like you vampires do, you know? I don't know how to care for a child, Micajah."

"Then it be time ye learn how, ye want tae bless ye man with children. Right, Rye?"

The very question left her rather flustered and a furious blush race across her cheeks. "We haven't brought it up... It's not an important factor right now. We're simply lovers, that's it."

"Ye get awfully defensive, Rye..." A fanged smirk for her, baring those sharp canines a bit.

"I'm not getting defensive," she spat rather loudly. Enough so that anyone who should happen to be present in the house might happen to hear her. If they hadn't previously been disturbed by the four year old's screaming minutes before that was.

Kaspar

Date: 2007-08-28 03:08 EST
"Ye sure ye nae defensive?" He prodded her, he was mocking her and it showed with that toothy grin he flashed her.

"I'm positive," she quipped quickly. Almost too quickly... He didn't look convinced and she stammered quite a bit, "I mean... We are just lovers, Micajah. I can ascertain that."

"Jus' lovers, tha' is what ye say now and soon ye are either in bed with another man or having his children... Ye do nae stay with a man for long and simply nae bare any younglings. Ye catch mah drift?"

"I'm not ready for a commitment like that..."

"Ye will be, Rye." It was stated in an all knowing fashion as if he could just tell she was going to bear children in the near future. He knew he had peeved her and didn't seem to show any signs of concern for the matter.

"A lot of people live without having children, Mica. Good lord..."

"Aye, but ye would nae disappoint in making a good mother." An all knowing nod at that. "So... either ye carry the burden of having children with this man ye live with. Or... ye be torn and do nae know for certain if ye could spend the rest of ye life with him. Likewise ye shall have his children or ye jus' love another man... Aye? Prove me wrong, Rye."

"How do you know all of this?" She quirked a brow, amused.

He laughed lightly at that, "Ye learn a lot when ye get old... So ye do nae deny loving another man?" He couldn't help himself, he loved to taunt and tease. "Who be the men in ye life?"

"I have only one, Wolv... Lang is my best friend, but that doesn't count.. We're just friends."

"Aha!" He rose to his feet, shoving an index finger in her face in childish satisfaction. A great role model for that daughter of his, he was... "Ye do have anotha man! Ye looove him, dun ye?"

"Micajah, quit it!" She snapped abruptly, just a moment to soon.

Kiah

Date: 2007-08-28 14:26 EST
"You condescending jerk, shut up!" She snapped, Kiah was obviously getting on her nerves. "What gives you the idea that I have to love another man, hmm?" She rose to her feet and set Mallory down in the chair, she was too infuriated to sit down calmly now. Her placid disposition was replaced and she abruptly removed that coat that was several sizes too big for her to place down on the chair as well, letting it drape across the child's lap.

"Because ye will nae carry the children of the one ye have? That and ye walk around in his coat like it is casual dress, I'm sure ye man loves that."

"I wore his coat, big deal! What next? Do you intend to insinuate that I slept with him?"

"I would nae be surprised if ye did."

"I am exclusive to him, you are just persistent on bothering me about this and trying to get under my skin because I wouldn't let you seduce me..."

"Aye... so what? Ye plan tae shoot me down?"

"Can we please get back to the real reason you are here? My love affairs hardly have anything to do with this..."

"Oh, mayhaps they do... Emotions fuel actions, physical or magical. Ye know? Regardless of how well ye hide it, Rye... Ye need tae figure out jus' what is going on. Aye, 'tis good to hide said emotions... but ye also need to know jus' how ye fell. If ye deny anything then it may lead to trouble in my assisting ye..."

"Yeah, whatever..."

"Well, I should be on mah way here soon seeing as how we have reached an agreement, have we?"

"Yeah, I guess so..."

"Talk to ye man about my assisting ye, Rye... Chances are he may be seeing me in the future a bit if ye do work with me. Ye should find others to assist ye somehow, maybe a few people to teach ye different techniques? I'm sure that lover of yers would be glad to help ye... as would that friend of yers..." He made air quote to emphasize the word friends.

"He is a friend..." She let it go, it really wasn't worth arguing over at this point anymore. "Okay, I'll talk to him..."

Kiah rose to his feet, "Good eventide, M'lady..." He wrapped an arm about Mallory's waist, "I will nae leave her here either until after the agreement is fully discussed once more, I need tae know that ye people are okay with this?"

"My people?" Her brows furrowed as an enigmatic expression formed on those features.

"Ye know? Ye lover, ye family? ye friends? Tha' sort. Enough of this anyways, we can discuss later. I shall meet with ye soon," A brush of the lips to the back of her hand as he reached for it with his free arm. "We shall keep in touch, ye know how tae contact me if ye need tae. Jus' send tha' sister of yers."

Without he made a small bow, dragging his daughter down with him as he scooped low and he carried her off towards the front door to leave.