Topic: The stork must be evil : Welcome Baby Fury

SereneSerpentine

Date: 2008-05-21 14:05 EST
Oh how she regretted telling Aly she?d be okay alone. Clutching her huge belly and her other hand bracing her against the walls, she staggered down the hallway.

? Someone! Anyone!?

Crying loudly Sera walked the hall trying to find someone who might be home. She had woken from her nap in terrible pain and as soon as she stood her water had broke. The contractions were coming quickly and were strong; this baby was coming and coming fast. Her tiny frame shook with each wave of pain and sweat was collecting on her forehead.

?Aly??

Whimpering softly she stopped walking a moment to take a deep breath and try to regain her strength.

?Wolvie??

She started walking and headed for the stairs, her shaking hands gripping the railing as she took a few steps down and then stopped, gripping her stomach.

?Oh God.? She tried to sit down on the stair but her balance was off and she slipped, tumbling the last few stairs down. Crying out loudly she lay at the bottom of the stairs, half on them, half off before the pain overcame her and she blacked out.

SereneSerpentine

Date: 2008-05-22 14:34 EST
How long had she been blacked out? She had no clue, all she felt was intense pain from the contractions and something else that she couldn?t quite put her finger on, but the pain was not nearly as bad as what this child was doing to her. She struggled to stand and then figured out what was wrong with her, her leg was not cooperating, and actually it was her foot that wasn?t. Gritting her teeth together she tried to maintain a balance and walk on it, but fell again to the floor, unable to place any weight on it.

?Curse it all!? She shook her fist in the air and then balled up her other hand as another wave of pain tried to take over. ? I hate you Brian Fury. I hate you for doing this to me!? Of course he alone could not be blamed for the pregnancy and in reality she was quite happy to be becoming a mother, but doing it alone was not something she wanted, nor was giving birth without drugs and the assistance of someone else desired.

After a few moments of lying dazed and panicked she remembered what Aly had told her, that the house had a computer system and that certain voice commands were recognized.

?Computer!?

?Computer activated. How may I assist you Sera??

?Help! Get Wolvinator or Aly! ?

?I?m sorry Sera, I do not comply, please restate your command.?
?You better get me help. You god d*mn stupid mother f*cking piece of trash. I hate you! ? She went off for a few minutes on the computer.

?I?m sorry please try to shorten your command. If there is a security breach, state ?Security Breach?, if there is a medical emergency, state ? Medical Emergency?, for all else please try to restate your command.?
?Medical emergency!!!!?

?I understand there is a medical emergency Ms. Sera. Help is being called for, please try to stay calm ? The computer made a few beeping noises and then started to speak again. ? Computer to Wolvinator combadge, we have a medical emergency at the Wolvinator Estate. Please state your position and estimated arrival time.? There was a moment of hesitation and then Wolvie was heard as he stated that he was in the Market Place and his E.T.A. was 10 minutes. He was then patched through to the Estate phone system. ? Aly? Sera? What?s going on? ?
?Wolvie! It?s Sera. I?m having the baby but I fell. I can?t walk! ?

There was a slight grumble by the Admiral; she imagined he was disturbed by the idea of being alone with her and having to deliver a baby. ? Stay calm Sera, I?m on my way. I will call Aly, as well. Remember your breathing exercises. ? Wolvie even went so far as to do them with her for a few moments. Fortunately for her, he had been through this before with his late wife and understood what to do. ? How far apart are the contractions??

?Uhm. I ? I don?t? ? There was a loud scream as she worked through one. ? Close, too close!?
?Okay, keep breathing and stay on the line. I am going to call Aly now.? There was a silence as Wolvie disconnected briefly to call Aly and tell her to get home to Sera. She had only been out shopping so she too would be home soon. The computer beeped and then Wolvie sounded again.

?Sera. I?m back. Just a few more minutes.?

Wolvinator

Date: 2008-06-04 00:05 EST
?Hurry!? Sera called out, as she closed her eyes and laid her head back, trying her best to breathe. She was completely new to this sensation, and even though she was being coached through the late stages of her pregnancy from Alystrianna, in an instant? she felt lost and alone.

Wolvinator?s boot slammed against the clutch as his motorcycle as it jumped into a higher gear. He had cleared the Marketplace at this point, and was heading north towards the estate. The bike moved in and out through the cobblestone streets, avoiding pedestrians and other traffic as he made his approach. He wasn?t a medical doctor, yet his medical knowledge was rather vast. Years of field training and experience had clearly prepared him for most medical emergencies and procedures, short of a major surgery situation.

Back at the estate however, he had help. An Emergency Medical Holographic program was put in place as part of the estate?s computer system. The EMH, as it is abbreviated, was programmed with five million possible treatments from the collective information of two thousand medical references and the experience of forty-seven individual medical officers. The EMH is also supplemented with contingency programs and adaptive programs to learn while serving as a supplement of a normal medical staff in cases of emergency on board Federation vessels, and the Admiral knew that the services of such a tool may just be needed in this instance.

After a few more moments, and a bit ahead of the time that her gave Sera, Wolvinator drove in through the front gates and directly up towards the entrance.

?Whoda thunk?? he started to ask himself. ?I?d be deleverin? Brian Fury?s kid. Of all the irony??

With that, he pushed open the front door. It didn?t take him long to find her, at all, as she was almost directly in front of him, having taken a tumble down the stairs. Shock didn?t overcome him, neither did surprise. It was instinct that kicked in. Without thinking, his robe was off and flung behind him, as he moved to kneel beside her with a Tricorder in his hand. He scanned over her tiny pregnant frame, checking for vitals and injuries that she may have sustained.

?Take it easy Serenity? yer not alone anymore. Just breathe? everything?s gonna be alright??

SereneSerpentine

Date: 2008-08-06 15:48 EST
"I'm trying Wolvie!" She grit her teeth as another contraction came on suddenly. She grabbed Wolvie's hand and squeezed, thank god he was made of something stronger than just bones.

" Where is he? Is this a joke?! He did this on purpose! Knock me up and leave me here to dying in agony?!" She screamed again.

"This kid is coming. It's coming Wolvie." She took in quick short breaths. "Please get it out." There was the sound cracking and then she screamed again, which only caused her more pain. "I can't breathe." She took in a soft breath. " It hurt's." She touched the lower part of her ribcage. " I think.."
Before she could even get it out, Wolvie had already scanned her body. " One of your ribs is cracked. "
" How am I supposed to give birth with a cracked rib?!"

"It happens more than you think Sera, I don't think we time to wrap you before the baby comes, so you're going to have to be strong. "

"I don't want to be strong! Get it out of me!" She howled again.

Just then Aly came through the door. " I'm here, I'm here." She came skidding to a hault and dropped to her knees by Sera. "Wolvie warm towels, hot water, scissors,rubbing alcohol, and we need the blue snot sucker from the nursery. "Wolvie took off in a blur to get what she asked for.

" Sera, focus on your breathing, okay?" Aly ran to get a blanket off of the couch and then came back to cover Sera's lower half so she could undress her. " Holy cow. Sera, this baby is coming. You've got to push." Aly looked up over the blanket at Sera, who was white as a sheet and shaking her head no.

" I can't do it. Never mind, it can stay in. "

"Sera, the baby has to come out, it's almost here, come on."

Wolvie came back just then with the needed items and set them by Aly. "Wolvie, hold her head and shoulders up so she can push."

Wolvie got behind Sera and held her in a reclined position.

"On three Sera. One... two... three. Push!"
Sera squealed and leaned forward, holding her knees, she pushed.

"Okay okay. Take a breath. Now again, on three. One... two... three.. push!"

There was more screaming and cursing as she pushed, Wolvie still holding her and doing the breathing exercises in her ear.

" I see the head! I see the head! Okay, Sera come on, I think one or two more pushes should get the baby out. Push."

Sera pushed again and then fell back against Wolvie, exhausted. The sound of a startled scream broke the sudden silence.

"Welcome to the world baby Fury." Aly smiled and started to wrap the baby up in the blanket. Wolvie laid Sera back and moved around to help Aly cut the cord and clear the babies airways. After the baby was slightly cleansed and they were sure she was okay, she was handed to her mother. "It's a girl, Sera, a beautiful baby girl."
Sera squealed now in delight, forgetting about her pain and took the baby into her arms, Wolvie had went to grab a pillow from the couch and tuck it under Sera's head. Aly was trying to clean Sera up as best she could under the conditions.

" I know you hate Doctors Sera, but you have to go to the hospital, okay? We'll go with you, but they have to make sure you don't bleed to much and that the baby is okay. " Aly nodded to Wolvie to make the call and then he was off to get the car ready and Sera's night bag that they had packed in anticipation of the baby coming.

Sera just nodded, she was to absorbed in her child to even care anymore.

"He wanted a girl. Brian.. he'd be so happy. "