Topic: When the Cat's Away...

Brian Fury

Date: 2007-09-04 17:00 EST
His ice blue eyes scanned over the fence line as he made his approach, Observing what appeared to be quite a large estate. It was the daytime, and there wasn?t anything peculiar about a man walking through the secluded section of Northern Rhy?Din at this time. That?s? just what he needed: Nothing to arouse suspicion. Making his way up to the main gate, he looked at the placard. 1407 Grayskull Lane, then he looked down at a handwritten piece of paper in his hand.

?Bingo?? he said, in a rough and scratchy voice. ?This is it.?

Walking over to the gate, it was securely locked. He could possibly scale it, but? that would cause much bigger problems. So instead he peered through the gates, at the Estate resting on the rear end of the property.

?Doing good for yourself, aint ya? Wolvinator?? he said, leaning over to look at what appeared to be a communications system to the inside of the property. He scanned over the touch pad, and gazed around at its frame.

?Doorbell.? He muttered to himself with a slight smile, before his optics moved over to the gate again, and noticing what appeared to be a well-disguised motion turret. Looks as though the owner of the property had his own ways of dealing with trespassers. His head moved back over to the doorbell device, and noticed that there was a small clear black piece of glass above the button. Realizing that it must have been some form of camera or monitoring device, he took a casually step backwards.

Nodding he muttered to himself. ?Nice and secure, Admiral. Just like? back home.?

Looking around at the entire location once more, his eyes made one last sweep of the perimeter. His training and skills had taught him to look for things that weren?t easily picked up by the human eye, or for that matter? couldn?t be picked up with a human eye at all. To him, he could just faintly make out a static bubble surrounding the entire property, and he could see that automated turrets heavily guarded the residence. If he even decided that he wanted to get in by force, it would probably prove most futile. Then again, he was just ?having a look?.

With that, Brian Fury turned around and began to walk away. At least now he knew what was the big deal with this location, and he knew where it was.

Brian Fury

Date: 2007-09-06 01:52 EST
He flipped through a few pages of the Oracle, reading over past discarded issues and news reports, while sitting in the Red Dragon Inn. All of the information he was looking for, he had already found out, thanks to general discussions from townsfolk, but it seemed as though he was unable to find out anything more. He muttered to himself.

?Where did you go? There has to be something? somewhere.? He pushed the papers to the side. If he continued to ask too many questions, it would raise suspicion. That? was a no-no. There had to be something, somewhere, someone? anything at all. The estate was heavily secure, going there and trying to find out anything would definitely sound alarms, doohickeys and whatever else was rigged up in that place.

Frustrated, he pushed the papers to the side, and glanced around the inn for a moment. Trying to take his mind off of the subject at hand, he reached into his pockets checking for money. Pulling his hand out he realized that he still had well over one thousand silver, the individuals he robbed the other day were still taking care of him, so to speak. The city guard hadn?t even tried looking for him. Then again he really didn?t want to push his luck either. But it seemed like the moment he began to think about something else, thoughts began to brew in his head. He may have already had enough information, it didn?t quite matter where he went as much as it mattered to if he came back.

?I?m close.? He whispered to himself. ?Just remain calm, you?ve never been this close. It?ll come to ya Fury, it?ll come to ya.?

Brian Fury

Date: 2007-09-06 23:09 EST
Brian looked over the device that he held in his hands slowly, thinking about what happened with the events earlier that day. Lang Darkwing? he should have been dead. But he wasn?t. Rhyannon, the woman he was growing close to now hated him. It seemed like his entire life, he was destined to be a loner. No matter what happened, it always came down to this. Just him, all alone in the twilight of the Southern Glen. He had blanked out for a few moments, thinking of everything that transpired. Gunshots, energy blasts, blood? and Rhyannon.

He didn?t want to admit it to her, then again did he even know how to? He had told her that he was being nice to her because she talked to him. Which is true. He supposed that was his one weakness, a pretty face that cared about what he had to say, and what he did with himself. But, like always? he managed to turn that situation volatile as well. Fury then looked over the CG-24 proximity mine that was in his hands, and looked at the arming device.

?Oh Lang?? he muttered to himself. ?Just how right you were, you don?t even know.? With that, he shoved the device into a knapsack, and flung it over his shoulder. Standing up now, he began making way out of the Glen. He had avoided death for another day. He avoided the City Guard for another day as well. But he would ensure that the one he had his sites, wouldn?t live much longer.

Brian Fury

Date: 2007-09-07 18:21 EST
Walking into the warehouse, Brian Fury looked around for a moment. He spotted a dockside employee, and stopped him for a moment.

?Excuse me buddy, I?m looking to check out a cargo crate that I left here last week.? The man nodded to him and pointed over to another man, that was the warehouse supervisor. Brian nodded to him, and approached the supervisor.

?You the sup??

?Yeah that?s me, what can I do ya fer?? He was a portly man, only standing about five-foot five. He hadn?t shaved in well over a week, and he clamped down on a cigar that was in his mouth. It wasn?t lit, and it looked like the cherry had burned out some time ago. Regardless, the man still rolled it back and forth in his mouth as he talked. Fury then pulled out a small piece of handwritten paper, on one side was the address to the Grayskull estate, and on the other side was a number.

?I?m looking for Hotel India one-one-one-nine.?

?Ah yer the guy huh?? The Supervisor responded. ?Right over here. Kept the crate outside, as yer request.?

The two men walked out of the warehouse, to around back. It wasn?t as busy there as the rest of the docks and the warehouse itself. The crate was loosely put together, and barely held together at all by a few pieces of thin twine. Both of them took a side to the crate, and easily pulled the twine off of the crate, and collapsed the wooden sides. Beneath the crate was a moderate sized, single passenger, space fighter. It looked like it could pack a punch, seeing how it had dual cannons on the main cockpit and under the wings. It wasn?t one of the greater military fighters, but it still looked like it could hold it?s own in a firefight.

?Four hundred right?? Brian asked, looking into his pockets for money.

?Yeah, that?s right.? The man responded, as Brian dropped a small brown pouch into his hand.

?There ya go, four hundred even.? The man then held the pouch in his hand, and let it bounce in his palm a few times, feeling the weight of it while he turned off. Wasting no time at all, he manually opened the cockpit and jumped inside. Fury then removed the knapsack from across his shoulder, and took out the CG-24 proximity mine, placing it into a small tube by his feet. Reaching up, he closed the cockpit and readied the ship for launch. It rumbled on the ground for a few moments, and then lifted off, shooting upwards into the clear blue sky.

Brian Fury

Date: 2007-09-08 18:54 EST
A lone sensor beacon, and subspace relay buoy stands alone on the inside of the Rhy?Din Nebula. It?s purpose is to serve as a focal point for Starships entering through the Nebula, and to give them a reading to head towards, almost as if it were a Lighthouse in Space for travelers of the cosmos to see through a storm. It?s second purpose, is to relay subspace transmissions through the density of the Nebula, to reach Federation starships and outposts in the sector. A quite pivotal piece of equipment, when it comes to Navigation and communications, and that?s exactly what Brian Fury knew.

A single seated fighter, dropped out of warp just outside the Nebula, and quickly changed it?s heading to move towards the buoy. Inside the cockpit, Brian Fury adjusted his heading to be able to clear the beacon by a few dozens meters and pushed the throttle on his accelerator. As he proceeded closer, he immediately throttled down to a complete stop, and took a pause for a moment, sighing to himself. Maybe Rhyannon was right, maybe he could change, or maybe? she was lying to him. He winced for a moment, not wanting to believe her, or anything. Fury had something to do, and? he had to do it. And with that, he pressed the button on his salvo container.

The CG-24 proximity mine gently floated out of the Salvo hatch, along with a few pieces of scrap metal, and began to hover in space while Brian accelerated away from it. Pressing the arming device, the small proximity mine began to blink with a small red light.

?No disarming this puppy now?? Brian muttered to himself, as he entered warp back to Rhy?Din.

Rhyannon

Date: 2007-09-09 16:15 EST
-It had taken her what seemed like forever to reach Wolv's Manor. She didn't want Kas to see her or anyone else for that matter. She couldn't sell out Brian, she just couldn't do that to him. Pacing around the land, she kept a close eye out for him. She had to stop him. She was wrapped in his coat and it looked as though she had been crying. What was she going to do? How would she stop him? -

"Brian! Where the hell are you?"

-she grumbled to herself. He had to be around, she knew he wouldn't wait much longer to take action. Hopefully she would get the chance to talk to him before he did his damage.-

Brian Fury

Date: 2007-09-11 11:37 EST
It was night time when Brian walked by the estate, the nights had already seemed like they were beginning to get colder. Walking down the street he happened to make a side glance at Grayskull Lane from one of the more main roads. He could just barely make out a figure that looked like she was wearing his flight jacket and immediately came to a halt. Fury blinked a few times, and focused in on her. It was? Rhyannon. She looked like she was sticking around, waiting for something, but he couldn?t be too sure. The last time he had seen her Lang just popped out of nowhere. He couldn?t take any chances this time.

Reaching into his lower back, he took out his pistol and walked towards her cautiously. He kept it low and tucked behind him so not to startle her, but he couldn?t be too sure.

?Rhy?? he started, in his usual scratchy and low tone. ? Is that you??

Rhyannon

Date: 2007-09-11 17:09 EST
-She was just about to give up when she heard him. It was late and she was tired. Jumping when he called her name,she started to run towards him. Throwing her arms around him, she just leaned there against his frame.-

"Thank god... I was so worried I wouldn't see you before.... before... you know. "

-Glancing around she looked worried and on edge-

" I think Kas might still be awake.... and Wolvs got this place protected better than you can know.... walk with me."

-she pointed further down the road and headed off-

" Listen.. I wanted to bring you your coat back... Lang isn't exactly happy that I have it, let alone that I have been wearing it."

-she smiled sheepishly then and slipped off his coat, handing it back to him.-

"Listen.. I'm sorry about Lang showing up before, it wasn't planned.. not at all. I just wanted to say I'm sorry.. and that.. I still hope we can be friends. and.... and... maybe you'll reconsider still. I don't want you to do something you'll regret... Please just give it more thought."

-Sighing softly she looked away from him, kicking at a rock.-

"I should go... I know you ..have things... "

Brian Fury

Date: 2007-09-11 17:20 EST
He took his flight jacket in his free hand, looking around still to make sure no one would come up unexpectedly. Brian just didn?t feel right; he didn?t want to cause any type of situation between Rhyannon and Lang, despite how much he despised him. It wasn?t his place and it wasn?t his reason for being here.

?I didn?t even realize I gave you my coat?? he said, with a slightly puzzled expression on his face. ?Guess I left it behind.?

They continued to walk, and he noticed she wanted to leave. He immediately thought that she more than likely felt uncomfortable around him, and didn?t quite trust him after the entire situation that happened between all three of them a little over a week ago. Fury wanted to say so many things, but he wasn?t just the type to reveal his feelings. Last time he did, Lang happened to show up? and he felt vulnerable to that.

?Look, I?ve been thinking about it heavily since I told you. I?? he sighed for a moment, and swallowed before continuing on. ?I? tried to tell you I?m not the nicest guy Rhy. I didn?t lie to you when I said what I said. But there are some things I feel like I have to do.?

His icy blue turned to look at her facial expression.

?If you wanna go, if you don?t wanna be around me anymore. I understand that Rhy. I?m sorry I got you involved at all.?

Rhyannon

Date: 2007-09-11 17:35 EST
" Its not that I want to leave you Brian... I love hanging out with you. Its just that... I am afraid of getting close to you. Everytime I get close to someone they go away. Or.. or something bad happens. "

-she sighed softly-

"I trust you will make the right decision Brian... remember that you always have the choice."

-she took off running before she lost it infront of him-

Brian Fury

Date: 2007-09-12 13:14 EST
Sitting in the Red Dragon, Brian Fury was taking a large mouthful of meat and potatoes and chomping down eagerly. He normally skipped breakfast, and didn?t always eat until sometime in the early afternoon, but he was up quite late on this day. Or early, depending on how you looked at it. It was around 4:00 am local time, so technically it could be considered an early breakfast. Brian had been avoiding a majority of people lately, and he only chose to eat at the Red Dragon around this time, too many inquiring minds and people trying to make sure he was ?doing the right thing.? He didn?t want to do the right thing, or at least what they thought was right. He was a nice enough fellow, and despite having a few scraps here and there, he actually thought he was doing ?decent? for a change.

As he lifted his fork to take another mouthful, he heard a beep from his wrist. That low level sound immediately caused him to stop his motion and widen his icy blue eyes. Turning his fork over now, a few potatoes fell from the eating utensil and back into the plate, while his gaze shifted over to a small wristwatch device on his wrist.

?The Beacon?? he whispered to himself. It stopped transmitting subspace carrier waves to the planet?s surface, almost three minutes ago. Equipment like this didn?t just stop transmitting in error, especially with it being a relay device. Something would have had to disrupt it, or even?

?Destroy it?? he finished the sentence himself, as the thought came popped into his silver haired head.

?The mine?? That was the last words he spoke, immediately standing up from the bar. He didn?t bother to pay, but then again not that many people would notice, and darted for the back door into the alley. He hoped that mine didn?t just go to waste on a meteor or something.