Topic: Arrival

Victor

Date: 2007-11-16 19:22 EST
Torpor - a state of lowered physiological activity typically characterized by reduced metabolism, heart rate, respiration, and body temperature that occurs in varying degrees

"kept in the dark but you were there in front of me
I've been sleeping a thousand years it seems
got to open my eyes to everything
without a thought without a voice without a soul
don't let me die here
there must be something more
bring me to life "

Evanescense

With every breath came a single beat. One slow soft beat, then nothing, nothing, it was nothing, the darkness of nothing, the cold of nothing, a feeling of complete and total nothingness. It wasn't like a dream one would wake up from, not like a nightmare one tried to escape, just an all encompassing nothing that stretched so far into one's awareness that one believed they were once and truly lost, for surely nothing existed beyond the black nothingness that permeated their very souls.

Breath, beat, then nothing. What had passed, a second, a minute, an hour. Time meant nothing, was nothing, for there was no escape here, no single miracle that would wake you from the depths of the black cold hell that was the cocoon of nothingness. It had no beginning and had no end, no feeling of remorse as to let you go, it was truly nothing.

Breath, beat.

And then it was there, that warm sweet flavour, the metallic smell, the sweet strength that was and seemed to fill every crevice, and suddenly it wasn't just nothing. Now it was pain, excruciating pain, ever lasting long ripping pain that would not end, that cared not to end. Pain that seared every nerve, every ending, every red cell the ripped into motion, into existence from the nothingness.

The shadows began to recede, the darkness becoming bland sickening grey, and panic insisted on breath, but breath refused to come. It was still out of reach, still calling and yet refusing to answer. It was still there, nothingness.

Breath, beat.

Selene

Date: 2007-11-18 08:43 EST
The evening parted like a reluctant sheet from the body of some young beauty on a cold night. The black overcast sky throwing shadows over every building that was not touched by the light of the few torches lit to try and fend of the darkness that seemed to cling to every corner of Westend.

Here, where only deathly silents normally range, now the sound of galloping hooves echoed through the street. Each pounding step seeming to bring with it the call of some danger that made those not inside rush for a place to hide. The form that seemed to break free from the shadows, seemed itself a part of them, streaking passed all who hid, and was gone before any could ever identify what it had been. Terrified eyes following in its wake, trying to see what it had been and hands moved to throats as if terrified they had been slit or worse in the passing of this black demon from hell.

When asked later what they saw those in the streets would swear a shadow from the very street itself had come to life.

999 Blood Street wasn't long coming. The living shadow seemed to slow and as if stepping from a black mist the horse appeared, at least it looked like a horse. Black as night its coat seeming to glow and yet absorb light at the same time, its flanks reflecting blue and purple under some light and never ending black under others. The beast stopped throwing its massive head, it was a horse, with flowing mane the whipped in the cold Rhy-Din wind, but the tailbone ran the full length of the tail which curled and uncurled like an irritated cats. It's eyes glowed blood red as it threw it's head, it's massive hooves echoing loudly on the cobblestone street. Its jaws parted in what should have been a loud whinny, instead a roar that only vaguely resembled a whinny escaped its maw of sharpened teeth and as it chew the bit, fangs could very easily be seen.

http://www.geocities.com/clare_hr/VampireHorse.JPG
(image attributed to http://gota-cacel.deviantart.com/art/Horse-Vampire-raito-68267881)

Its cloaked rider slipped from the pure black leather saddle, the blood red saddle pad, the only color seen on the horse, the bridle matched the saddle with small chains running from the cheek strap below the jaw, crossing there and back up to the bit, over the nose, crossing again and meeting just in front of the ears, making a chain 'X' on the face. The rider stepped away heading for the blood shop on the street, leaving the demon horse where it stood as the cloaked form stopped just outside the door.

The mists seemed to stir and move around the form obscuring the form from view. When the mists cleared all that remained was the beast that still stood in the street.

Marcus Crow

Date: 2007-11-20 23:05 EST
Marcus stepped down into the lavish living room of his home, a two story brownstone deep inside WestEnd that served as his coven. Above him slept his 'children' those he had brought across in his years as a vampire, amongst them his queen. Grace was beauty incarnate, not many could touch the beauty of her, she was so close to perfection that as soon as he had seen her, he had to have her.

Smiling to himself at the memory of that night he moved through the living room heading for his shop next door. She had been so perfect singing that night at that bar, one of the high end joints that catered to the rich and snobby, the kind his old friend Talomar frequented with his many women. Marcus stepped into the foyer where the two houses connected and paused, his hand millimetres from the door handle, he sensed something, something that did not seem right.

Marcus' brown eyes turned to scan the room, then looked at the door before him. Slowly he pushed open the door and looked around. The room he stepped into was large, the full length almost of the main floor of the twin brownstone. The back wall was covered in shelving that held the largest collection of specialty wines he had yet to see, and this was only a small part of his collection. Bloodwine, a very special drink for those like him, those who hunted the night.

http://www.geocities.com/clare_hr/Wine.JPG

But no one was in the room, in fact, nothing was out of place, everything was perfect, even outside the streets were quiet, a wisp of fog floated through the streets as was often seen in the evening here. WestEnd seemed to call the fogs to it every night, maybe that was part of the reason Marcus liked it so much here, but soon the sun would rise and the fogs would recede.

Continuing into the room Marcus moved to the bar, selecting a particularly well aged bottle he headed towards a sitting area set up for those wishing to drink in his small personal little bar. He stooped to pluck one of the wine glasses of an end table from a pyramid that decorated the table, and poured himself a drink from the bottle of blood red wine, the thick liquid clinging to the sides of the glass.

Marcus straightened and stretched moving to take a sip of the drink as he set the bottle on the table, his movements stopping as the glass touched his lips. His eyes widened as he looked out the window at what had only moments ago been an empty street. The same street was now filled with low lying fog and standing knee deep in it stood a massive Bloodmare, its blood red glowing eyes turning to look directly at him. Marcus' hand slowly lowered the glass forgotten in his hand as he scanned the street, his eyes moving from the street to the room around him as the fogs seemed to start to enter the house through every seam and crack.

Slowly he turned from the horse before him, his heart sinking as he turned to the bar and the image that greeted him.

Selene

Date: 2007-11-21 18:51 EST
As the fogs receded she crouched there, her feet firmly on the bar, her fingers of her left hand firmly gripping the bar edge,, her right arm resting on her up turned right knee, her fingers relaxed in front of her. If Grace was beauty, this woman was perfection, her glowing blue eyes staring down the vampire before her. Slowly Selene stood, her black floor length leather coat unfurling with her to drape around her ankles.

"Good morning brother," her voice stated with an accent that seemed so hard to place if one did not know where she was from, "its been a long time," she stated matter of factly before stepping down off the bar as if it were mere inches, not feet, off the floor. As soon as her feet touched the red carpet below her she began walking towards the stunned Marcus. "This is quite the place, part bar, part house, and reeking for alcohol like a whore reeks of men," she let her glowing eyes take in the whole room as she circled him, her gaze returning to him as she came around him once more.

"But then again, you always did have a flair for the mortal didn't you? That's why you enjoy your bloodwine so much," she crossed her arms over her chest as she came to stand in front of him once more.

Marcus Crow

Date: 2007-11-25 12:12 EST
Marcus held his ground despite his shock, refusing to give her the pleasure of turning as she circled him. Just because she made him a bit nervous, didn't mean he'd show it. In fact it wasn't her he was worried about. "Selene, a pleasure to see you again," he stated as she came back around in front of him, his own eyes glowing crystal blue, "and to what do I owe this pleasure? I thought you were back home tending the sleeping," there was bitterness in his voice that probably didn't belong there.

"Yes, the sleeping," Selene turned her back to him as she walked back towards the bar, "lets talk about the sleeping." With a single move like a cat, she effortlessly leapt back onto the bar top and in the same move, seemed to turn and drop into a cross legged position so she sat facing him, her legs crossed beneath her, her elbow coming to rest on her knee, her chin on her fist. "What would you say if I told you the slumber was prematurely interrupted?"

Marcus shrugged, "There's an entire two worlds and a nexus between them and I what would I care," he asked, raising his drink to his lips and sipping the blood wine.

"Perhaps you might want to rethink that answer," Selene answered moving her hands to fold them in front of her, neatly in her lap, leaning forward slightly to stare him in the eye. "Its not hard to book passage on a ship and cross the nexus, people do it everyday," she pointed out, a flash of fang shown in her words.

"Are you telling me one of the sleeping are coming here? Why?"

Selene shrugged, "Could have something to do with your running off with half the coven," she answered as if it didn't matter much to her.

Marcus paled, "What did you tell them?" he hissed through clinched teeth.

"I told them nothing, your my brother, I didn't need to. Others were much more willing to talk for me," she added, reaching for one of the bottles of bloodwine beside her, pulling free the cork with one sharpe fang.

"Others?" Marcus snapped taking a step towards her. "And you said and did nothing?"

"I'm here aren't I?" Selene smiled softly as she took a drink from the bottle, "Perhaps a little warning would give you a chance to figure out your story before he arrived."

"He's coming here? Himself?"

"He'll be arriving in the next two days, and he'll be looking for answers Marcus, I suggest you find some answers."

"Dose he know your here?" Marcus asked, turning to pace nervously as they spoke.

"He knows," she nodded, "what doesn't he know? Even in sleep he knows what is happening, and when he wakes, retribution is his," she added, licking blood and wine from her lips.

"Damn," Marcus cursed, "Damn him to the furthest reaches of hell," he spat in rage as he turned towards Selene. "What ship dose he arrive on?"

"There's a cargo vessel that is to arrive in port tomorrow at dawn barring any bad weather, he arrives then. He still rests, so you'll still have a little more time," she added as she swirled the bottle in her hand.

"Tomorrow, that's too soon, I'm not ready," he hissed. "Will he be strong enough to brave the sun?"

"Unlikely, he rests still, he wont be strong enough to hardly stand alone let alone brave the sun," she answered watching him, now a bit curious.

"I'll send him a carriage, bring him here, I'll send Rafe," he stated drowning his full drink in one gulp.

"Why would you do that?" Selene asked in confusion.

"Because, I need him to trust me as he did in the beginning, otherwise, I'm dead, for real this time."

Selene

Date: 2007-11-27 08:09 EST
Selene watched Marcus as he plotted and thought over what he had to do, "If you bring him here, you invite trouble," she pointed out with a lowering of her brow.

"Trouble has already found me," he snapped at her as he started to pace, his eyes on the horse outside, "I have no choice but to welcome him with open arms and hope that by keeping him close I keep him from being able to strike."

Selene laughed a bitter sounding noise that rumbled from a throat too delicate for such a noise, "We're drinkers of the night Marcus, we thrive on striking at close range," she pointed out with a slight purr.

"Yes," Marcus muttered his eyes narrowing, "yes we do," he turned and left the room quickly heading back into the house.

Selene watched Marcus' retreat and moved to follow, curious now.

"Rafe!" Marcus stormed through the house looking for the were-servant, "Rafe where the hell are you?" He snarled, flashing fangs in anger.

"Here," the voice spoke as the massive body guard stepped from a back room, his yellowed eyes immediately moving the the blue eyed woman in the room.

"Get the carriage ready, a ship is coming into port in two days, I want the best bloodwine inside, only the purest, you know the kind, from the vault downstairs, see to it the windows are covered and the carriage house is also prepared, not a speck of sunlight is to get through. Do you understand?"

"Of course," Rafe nodded and bowed just slightly with his answer.

"Go," Marcus answered waving away the guard.

"Keeping pets now are we Marcus?" Selene asked her blue eyes glowing just slightly.

"Rafe dose his job well, if he crosses me, he dies," Marcus answered. "Now do you have a place to sleep?" He asked as he headed for the stairs, already plotting his next move, "Or will you be staying with us?" He turned back to look at her.

Selene was already gone by the time Marcus turned. Outside the brownstone the mists had rose again and the horse was gone.

Selene

Date: 2007-11-27 11:04 EST
The mists surged through Rhy-Din as if being chased by a stiff breeze where no breeze existed. The sound of horses hooves blasted passed people but no horse could be seen for the fog as people cowered out of the way of the rushing evil. The presents continued up into the hills surrounding the city, where at last it came to a stop and the fogs dissipated to once more make visible the demon horse within, it's rider slipping down out of the saddle.

Selene turned to pet the massive mare on the nose, the horse lowered her head to nuzzle her hand, her hot breath leaving steam in the air. "Good morning my old friend, happy hunting, and sleep well," the vampress turned striding away from the horse until she was just starting down the hill, the mists rising up once more to consume her form. As the fog dissipated she was gone, in the distance a pure black wolf rushed away from the bloodmare still standing silently on the hilltop.

http://www.geocities.com/clare_hr/Black_Wolf_by_isisandwolf.jpg

(credit of image goes to http://isisandwolf.deviantart.com/)

The black mare stood silently for a minute before rearing up with a loud whinnying roar that seemed to shake the trees around her and showed long violent fangs. The mare landed softly, ears pinned nostrils flared and with a lunge sideways took off in the opposite direction of the wolf.

Victor

Date: 2007-12-03 13:20 EST
The wave hit the side of the ship, lapping at her bow, pulling at her as her bulk cut the water. Wind filled her sails, pulling her quickly towards the port of RhyDin, cutting the night like a ghost floating over a glass floor. The long white sheets flapped just slightly as the breeze seemed to let up if only for a second before refilling the main sail, the flag on the mast rippled in the breeze, like a harold of strength.

Silents other then the creaking of wooden floorboards, not a mouse or man moved onboard. No sound at all came from her as she approached, not seeming to slow, if anything she seemed to speed up. There was no word from the ship, no signal as it approached, no sign at all that anyone was on board.

As the city docks came closer a shadow seemed to move away from it like some kind of bat or night bird. Minutes later the ship plowed headlong into the docks, wood beams snapped and groaned as the ship listed heavy to the port as she slowed and eventually stopped. Still there was no movement or sound from the ship as workers rushed from storage buildings and shops to look out at the wrecked ship sitting in the pier.

Victor

Date: 2007-12-23 20:22 EST
The night was lifting quickly, the sun rising over head as a small creature, a bat, slipped silently through the predawn. Quickly it headed for the brownstone, entering through the chimney and sweeping quickly into the lush bar, fogs rising to surround it. When the fogs dissipated a man stood where the bat had been.

He was by far an old man, young in appearance he stood six foot three with long dark hair that hung to the small of his back. His blue eyes took in the whole room, gaze sweeping every nook, every corner, his body not moving, and yet he knew where everything was without seeming to look. His eyes dimmed and turned, the glowing blue to a charcoal blue as he finally moved stepping forward towards the bar, his naked form strong and muscled being cloaked in fog before once more the fogs dissipated this time leaving the male form clothed in a black suit, white shirt buttoned down to expose his upper chest and shinning black shoes.

He licked blood red lips as he reached for one of the bottles of bloodwine tearing it open and taking a long drink, throat working with every swallow, drowning half the bottle before he pulled it from his lips, running the back of his hand over his lips. How he thirst, his hunger knawing at him like some animal trying to escape his body in search of that which was not currently obtainable. He dared not hunt, for he knew he would kill, and that was attention he did not currently need. Setting the bottle on the bar he turned, his gaze falling on the door attaching the store to the house. He was here, he knew he was, as a father should know his son, so did Victor know Marcus. It was time, time to see just what the young vampire was made of.

Victor headed for the door the mists rising in the bar for a third time, as they fell the room was empty.

Victor

Date: 2008-01-08 14:36 EST
Triple Nine Blood Street, a smirk crossed Victor's features as he stepped from the mists inside the massive brown stone. It was not lost on him the meaning of the number and street name, 666 would have been preferable, but Victor knew that number did not exist on this street. He stopped to look around him, the furniture, the soft lighting, the silents of a house filled with sleeping young. Fangs flashed in a vicious smile, he could kill them all before they even knew he was there.

Victor was not two thousand seven hundred and ninety nine years old by taking stupid chances. Instead he raised his hands the dim lights grew to chase off the shadows. "Marcus," his voice rumbled like a distant storm, "Marcus my child, come to me," he rumbled as he headed across the floor, stopping at a table to lift yet another bottle of bloodwine. He examined the label before pulling the dry aged cork and poured himself a glass into a crystal wine goblet that sat on the silver tray that the wine had been sitting on. Setting the open bottle on the try he looked around himself before moving to a thick plash blood red cushioned chair.

Marcus appeared on the stairs just as Victor was sitting down. His appearance was dishevelled, his flesh red flush from activities with one of his undead children. He was quickly tying a robe at his waist, "My Lord," he stammered shocked, anger flaring deep within him, where was Rafe?

"Ahh Marcus, looks like I interrupted something," Victor rumbled as he swirled the bloodwine in his glass, "pity, I'm sure you would have preferred your mutt of a pet to announce my arrival," he pointed out as he took a drink of the wine.

Marcus watched his lord drink the wine, his eyes wide, "My Lord that's the blood of the very first Pope."

"And a very good drink he makes," Victor answered unphased by the supposedly poisonous liquid, "planning to serve Rome are we?"

"No my Lord," Marcus stammered shocked the ancient vampire still lived, "but that drink, it will kill you."

"No, it will only kill a believer," he answered as he took another drink, "and I was at the birth of that little brat, and trust me, a god he was not," Victor continued as he examined the drink. " I'm almost three thousand years old Marcus, no simple drink will end my life."

Victor

Date: 2008-02-08 23:30 EST
"Tell me Marcus," Victor rose, moving across the room, his fingers running across the bindings of the leather books in the massive living room, "how did you afford such wealth?" He glanced back at his son, waiting.

"I earned it my lord," he answered a bit quickly.

"Earned it," Victor nodded and glancing smile brushing his lips, "Selling your sweet wines no doubt," he continued as he slowly made his way around the living room, his gaze turning back to Marcus as the vampire fidgeted.

"Yes lord," Marcus answered watching him, not sure what to expect, either he was a dead man, or Victor had other plans, which Marcus could not tell.

"Yes, and no doubt you had some help from the children upstairs," he pointed out as he continued around, "an interesting coven you have created."

"Covin my lord, surly not, hardly a sanctuary, let alone a coven," Marcus breathed quickly.

Victor grinned and sipped his wine, "Really, not a coven, then how is it that I have heard rumour of your growing status amongst those in the market for such sweet wines. There are more children in your home then were in my entire coven. Or do you just find it too hard to not bring across everything that is beautiful," Victor looked across at Marcus again. "So many to go missing in such a short time, one will notice the bodies piling up."

"We feed little and rarely on the population," Marcus answered a bit defensively.

"Really I could have sworn there was rule and law against such feedings, or has my age made me senile?"

Marcus swallowed hard, "No my lord, your vision is as clear as it ever was," he answered weakly.

Selene

Date: 2008-04-04 23:20 EST
Perhaps it was the scent of blood, or the scent of fear, both enticing and encompassing, hungering that which needed to feed, or more likely the smell of something more, something larger, stronger and demanding of perfect obedience, but no matter what it was the evening was broken, the chilled silence torn asunder by the sound, that noise that made beggars cower in the shadow and street walkers tremble behind their pimps. That shadow that detached itself from the light, that flashed it's way through the streets and beyond the safety of the city guard and into the darkness of WestEnd.

The animal seemed to emerge from the shadow, as if leaping free of the last herbal of some grand race and charging for the finish line. In two strides the beast was drawn to a stop, the mare throwing her head, her tail curling around her back hooves as she half reared, brought to a stand still before her rider dismounted crossing in front of her with a trailing hand settling the best. She too could sense it, and it set her on edge, it took a minute for Selene to settle her before the mists rose around her approaching form and the body disappeared.

"No my lord, your vision is as clear as it ever was," Perhaps the strength of Marcus was waning, the mists rose through out the front hall, she could hear the voices beyond.

"Then perhaps young Marcus, you could tell me how you justify this breech in protocol. These rules were made to protect us, yet you blatantly disregard them." There is anger in Victors voice.

Anger, something Victor rarely showed and when he did it was never a good sign, Marcus was sure to pay for his insolence and carelessness.

"My Lord, I only sought to teach my children and keep them alive in times of trial."

"Times of trial," Victor repeated, setting his glass down, he knew she was there he could sense her and standing he looked down at Marcus, "You really are a fool, I should send you to the dogs for this, let them tear you limb from limb, but I have use of you yet," he stated smoothly, his gaze turning towards the door. "Enter Selene, come to me," his hand outstretched beckoning.

Selene's form detached from the shadows, with languid movements a sway of her hips and a sultry look she entered the room, crossing to Victor's side, reaching out to take his hand.

Victor closed his fingers over hers, tugging her to him, an arm wrapping around her waist, his lips pressing to her cheek, "My lady of the night," he muttered, his lips moving lower, teeth brushing her neck, threatening, enticing.

Selene moaned softly, a noise of pure pleasure and lust, "My Lord, what do you will of me?" She asked softly, her free hand resting against his chest, her hip pressing against his.

Victor smiled softly looking towards Marcus. "You want what you can not have, I am back to take control of this mess you have caused Marcus, you will bow before me, and beg my forgiveness."

"Yes my Lord," Marcus answered his eyes moving from Victor to Selene and back, slowly sinking to his knees.

Selene watched the movement with rapt pleasure, yes, she knew where her allegiances laid, she knew whom protected her, fed her and bedded her, and Marcus Crow was not that person. "I think he should watch," a flash of fangs and the slightest of enticements as her hand drifted lower.

Victor glanced at Selene and smiled, fangs glistening, "Yes," he agreed before drawing her towards the thick over stuffed couch without looking towards Marcus.

Marcus grunted softly watching the two move, not daring to move from the stop he was in, but silently plotting to himself, he would have his control and Selene would be his, and Victor would be kneeling at his feet.